Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: auiotour LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/03/04 10:16 PM
Alright everyone, this has been a lot of work for me to get all this together so, the discount prices are not as big as if you would order 100 leds yourself from superbright, but, everyone should be please that they will save money ordering through here. Besides, then I am also obligated to help you with instructions to install the LEDs.

The tutorial I have can be found here. I am about to stick the following tutorials up; doors, window switches, moon/sun roof switch, fog light switch, traction control switch, defrost switch, clock (post97), dimmer. I did them all mainly yesterday, Here are main pictures from my installs and others.

Thanks amarv12:

Here is some pictures from my first install in my 95 contour se:

and finally some pictures from the impossible install I did on my 99 contour se sport:

prices for 3mm and 5mm LEDs can be found here http://coverstoryrock.com/auiotour/leds.html, all the other bulbs can be found here http://coverstoryrock.com/auiotour/leds/prices/index.html Shipping will be $10.00 on all orders from $20.00 and up, orders below that will only be $5.00s. paypal address is auiotour@comcast.net. The discounts difference will be send to each person at the close of the auction. They will be mailed with the LEDs. If anyone has any questions please feel to ask about anything.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/03/04 10:37 PM
Ok, so I guess my question is simply how many of which LED's do we need for particular parts. Maybe I am missing something, I thought this was going to be an entire interior color changing kit. I want to do all the window switches, all white interior, the gauges(including the pointers) if possible, the hvac's, dimmer switch, headlight switch, the doorhandle lights, the lower lights, maybe those in blue, the clock and the overhead lights. I think that's most of them. Pretty much an all white LED interior, but with a bit of blue in there as well. Should I just read up on ur install pages? I think u meant to have a link in there, but it didn't come up. Thanks for doing all of this auiotour, I can't wait to buy and install these beasts!

EDIT: Is white too bright to do all of them? It looks like ur white LED's are a lot brighter than ur blue, and i didnt notice that before. Maybe I will go mostly blue with a few white's here and there instead.
Posted By: BrianW Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/03/04 11:04 PM
The First picture is of the back seat? What bulbs/LEDs were used there?

The 4211 Bulb (overhead light) is it fairly directional or will it cast a good amount of like everywhere?

Thanks!
Originally posted by BrianW:
The 4211 Bulb (overhead light) is it fairly directional or will it cast a good amount of like everywhere?

The 4211 festoon bulb is very much directional. All of the LEDs are on one side of a PCB board. When I installed mine I made sure the LEDs where facing down.

Posted By: R_G Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/04/04 12:26 AM
Originally posted by hetfield:
When I installed mine I made sure the LEDs where facing down.

Good to know. Tnx.

Thanks!

They're just 2 regular blue LEDs held inside some nice chrome holders (from radio shack like $1.20 for 2 i think). Actually i would suggest using 3 to light it up more, the LEDs are obviously focused, but at the distance of the seats, a circle about 1 foot in diam. is lit up solidly, then peripheral light shines elsewhere. I got the idea from user: stolon05 a long time ago.

EDIT: Here's stolon's original thread, very clever.
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/04/04 10:27 AM
I am so in. put I dont know what to get. I want to do it all the doors the hvacs dash light switchs EVERY thing. but I dont know what to get, auiotour can you post or pm me what I will need. Also could I pick mine up from you seeing as I only live 30 mins from you?
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/04/04 02:03 PM

Thanks!

thanks for getting back to him for me. They are direction like stated above, just point them down. (they are extremely bright.)

Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
Ok, so I guess my question is simply how many of which LED's do we need for particular parts. Maybe I am missing something, I thought this was going to be an entire interior color changing kit. I want to do all the window switches, all white interior, the gauges(including the pointers) if possible, the hvac's, dimmer switch, headlight switch, the doorhandle lights, the lower lights, maybe those in blue, the clock and the overhead lights. I think that's most of them. Pretty much an all white LED interior, but with a bit of blue in there as well. Should I just read up on ur install pages? I think u meant to have a link in there, but it didn't come up. Thanks for doing all of this auiotour, I can't wait to buy and install these beasts!

EDIT: Is white too bright to do all of them? It looks like ur white LED's are a lot brighter than ur blue, and i didnt notice that before. Maybe I will go mostly blue with a few white's here and there instead.

sorry about that, here is a list of parts numbers, and how many are required.

http://coverstoryrock.com/auiotour/leds/lights.html

There is a few items that won't be up for sale as I have not found anyone with quality prices with quality parts.

Originally posted by amarv12:

Thanks!

They're just 2 regular blue LEDs held inside some nice chrome holders (from radio shack like $1.20 for 2 i think). Actually i would suggest using 3 to light it up more, the LEDs are obviously focused, but at the distance of the seats, a circle about 1 foot in diam. is lit up solidly, then peripheral light shines elsewhere. I got the idea from user: stolon05 a long time ago.

the ones from radio shack aren't as bright and has less LEDs then the ones I have selected for the Group Buy.

Originally posted by tjbugs1:
I am so in. put I dont know what to get. I want to do it all the doors the hvacs dash light switchs EVERY thing. but I dont know what to get, auiotour can you post or pm me what I will need. Also could I pick mine up from you seeing as I only live 30 mins from you?

There is a lot needed, I posted a list in this same post. If you don't see the part numbered offered in the page with the prices, then I am not currently selling it. As for living 30 minutes away, we should meet up sometime, seeing them in person makes all the difference. I will make a simplified list of what is needed per car once I get back today, gotta go back to court against a guy who hit my car and ran... back to LEDs, I will post it later today/tonight.

As for payment, make sure you include every item you want by the Item Name, and color, along with its price.
Posted By: BrianW Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/04/04 04:35 PM
Stupid noob LED questions.
What voltage do these LEDs run at? Do all bare LEDs run at the same voltage? What resistor do I need? and is there a formula to use to find out what resistor to use? Are resistors needed in the window/lock switches?

Flame suit on. LOL
Originally posted by auiotour:

Thanks!

the ones from radio shack aren't as bright and has less LEDs then the ones I have selected for the Group Buy.

What? The LEDs pictured there are the ones i got from you, i meant the chrome holders are from radioshack.

Here.
Posted By: ElKy Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/04/04 06:33 PM
what is the difference between the #74 wedge bulbs and the WLED wedge bulbs? other than price...

you state that both types can be used in the same spots.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/04/04 06:56 PM
What voltage do these LEDs run at? Do all bare LEDs run at the same voltage? What resistor do I need? and is there a formula to use to find out what resistor to use? Are resistors needed in the window/lock switches?

Flame suit on. LOL

yeah do you get resistors with these or are we on our own for those? also, how much soldering is involved?
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/04/04 11:03 PM
I'm going to add to this mayhem and slew of questions by asking what I need to do to change the color of my gauge needles as well. I'd like to do blueish indiglo gauges with white needles if possible. And I second the question on the resistors, I thought most of these LED's required resistors to adapt to the automotive electrical supply. Also, do the window switches require one LED per switch, or two per switch, i.e. one for up and one for down?
I know auio sold resistors at a very good price before, he will probably do the same now, and he'll probably go ahead and give you the proper resistance. And no the switches don't require 2 leds, they only have one stock, auio just did because he's a clever mofo .
Posted By: BrianW Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/05/04 02:51 AM
And no the switches don't require 2 leds, they only have one stock, auio just did because he's a clever mofo .

I'm assuming that since the windows switches and locks are already LEDs that they do not require resistors?

I hate resistors they get so damn confusing
They're still LEDs so yes they still require resistors (in the stock switches the stock resistors are there), although i believe auio recommended higer resistances for some of his LEDs.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/05/04 03:29 AM
damn auio and his clever wiring of two tone window switches..... Yep, I think I can go ahead and do a buy once I know exactly what all I need to purchase (resistors) so that once everything gets here, I can just start the install right away. BTW, do the needles need different lighting other than the gauges? I didn't see anything posted on them.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/05/04 04:40 AM

Flame suit on. LOL

voltage is 3.6v, all bare leds (3mm & 5mm run at 3.6v). Resistors, 510 for a little brighter glow, or 560 for a little less. Yes resistors are needed for windows and locks.

3mm and 5mm leds are used for the following locations
door handles, window switch, lock switches, dimmer, defrost, clock, traction control, and fog light indicator (pre98 only.

What? The LEDs pictured there are the ones i got from you, i meant the chrome holders are from radioshack.

Here.

Sorry, must of read it wrong.

Originally posted by ElKy:
what is the difference between the #74 wedge bulbs and the WLED wedge bulbs? other than price...

you state that both types can be used in the same spots.

The #74 is much brighter, and well, has a way better appearence overall. They have a little more of a set in correctly in order to make work, not good for foot wells, but perfect brightness for all other locations except atx shifter.

I'm going to add to this mayhem and slew of questions by asking what I need to do to change the color of my gauge needles as well. I'd like to do blueish indiglo gauges with white needles if possible. And I second the question on the resistors, I thought most of these LED's required resistors to adapt to the automotive electrical supply. Also, do the window switches require one LED per switch, or two per switch, i.e. one for up and one for down?

The gauges will have to be changed, or added indiglos (sp?) and then white #74 LEDs. Only the ones in the aboce locations that require 3mm or 5mm LEDs need soddering and resistors. Window switches require 1 per switch, except the master switch, which has 6 total LEDs.

I know auio sold resistors at a very good price before, he will probably do the same now, and he'll probably go ahead and give you the proper resistance. And no the switches don't require 2 leds, they only have one stock, auio just did because he's a clever mofo .

lol. yea the installation was pretty hard, thanks for anwsering the questions for me.

damn auio and his clever wiring of two tone window switches..... Yep, I think I can go ahead and do a buy once I know exactly what all I need to purchase (resistors) so that once everything gets here, I can just start the install right away. BTW, do the needles need different lighting other than the gauges? I didn't see anything posted on them.

The needles light up the same color as the #74 bulb that is back there.

I hope this anwsers everyones questions. I will not be on posting tomorrow or replying to anyone. I will post more thursday.

Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/06/04 06:49 PM
alright, i just realized I never put a price for shipping. I don't have access to my web site from where I am, but we will start like this. All 3mm and 5mm LEDs prizes are included. all exterior lights (reverse, brake, corner light) are $0.40 each. The Load resistor kits are $0.25 each. All other bulbs are $0.45 per 5 bulbs. Hope that helps. resistors are $0.05 each.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/06/04 10:18 PM
Allright, hate to be a nuisance (which I know I am) but what resistors do we need for the LED's? and where can I find them from you? I am doing:

- All window switches
- Gauges
- Clock
- Dimmer
- Defrost
- Headlight switch
- HVAC
- Footwell lighting
- Door handle lighting

I know what size LED's for all of these, but not what size resistor to accompany them. Thanks
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/07/04 01:48 AM
prices are listed above for resistors also on the page that shows all the 3mm and 5mm leds I sell. I will ship 510 or 560 depending on if you want the LEDs vivid or bright.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/07/04 04:42 PM
Allright, hate to be a nuisance (which I know I am) but what resistors do we need for the LED's? and where can I find them from you? I am doing:

- All window switches
- Gauges
- Clock
- Dimmer
- Defrost
- Headlight switch
- HVAC
- Footwell lighting
- Door handle lighting 4

I know what size LED's for all of these, but not what size resistor to accompany them. Thanks

window switches, door handles, clock, dimmer, defrost are the only ones that need resistors, you will need 17 LEDs, so 17 resistors at 560 ohm, for vivid, and 510 for bright.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/07/04 04:44 PM
If anyone wants price quotes, since I know its a little confusing, feel free to PM me, Just anwser the following things:

Do you want it just bright?
Do you want it vivid but also bright?
Do you want it just vivid(still will be pretty bright)?

Kits for entire enterior run around $24.00 before discount.
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/07/04 04:54 PM
what is vivid?
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/07/04 05:00 PM
viv·id
adj. viv·id·er, viv·id·est
Perceived as bright and distinct; brilliant: a vivid star.

Having intensely bright colors: a vivid tapestry.
Having a very high degree of saturation: a vivid purple.
Presented in clear and striking manner: a vivid account of the incident. See Synonyms at graphic.
Perceived or felt with the freshness of immediate experience: a vivid recollection of their childhood.
Active in forming lifelike images: a vivid imagination.

sorry dictionary.com can explain much better then me.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/08/04 05:15 PM
Since, many people are confused about the prices and such. I am gonna prepare a few kits and they will be the only thing offered. Colors will be, red, blue, white. If you want green don't expect a discount as nobody wants it. They will come in both bright, and vivid color selections. I will work on it today and tomorrow and will post it tomorrow. Shipping price will be included next to each item, along with the price of the item, maximium discount avaible. The Group Buy Ends May 30th, the second to last day of the month. Everything will be ordered on the 31st. So Sorry no late orders like usual. If you are ordering just 3mm and 5mm LEDs, your order will be ordered the day the payment goes through. All items will be recieved within 1 month after Group has ended. I know this is a long time, but the prices are cheaper this way.
Posted By: R_G Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/08/04 06:51 PM
That should work
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/09/04 01:03 AM
Sounds Good to me and Thanks
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/09/04 03:50 PM
Here is the Final Prices Everyone. When you order, I just need to know the following things

Kit Name (Vivid or Bright, then the color)
Optional Items (if ordered)

Exterior Items (if ordered)

paypal goes to auiotour@comcast.net

LED Kit Final Prices.
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/09/04 09:25 PM
So the $30 is that for resistors and S&H ?
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/09/04 11:30 PM
that includes all the necessary resistors, and items listed, including shipping, you can subtract $5.00 if you don't want the gauge lights and another $2.00 if you don't want the hvac lights.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/11/04 01:58 PM
Okay, over the paste few weeks there was serious interest in all of this stuff. when it was $30-40 a kit, everyone was like, I will do that. now its only $30, and only two people have bought. Am I missing something here?
Posted By: R_G Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/11/04 02:10 PM
U just ran out of LUCK.

P.M. Am I among the 2 ppl who bought it?
Posted By: thejms Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/11/04 06:19 PM
Just waiting till payday here 3 more days to go hehe
Posted By: 818Contour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/11/04 09:41 PM
I will be sending my payment to you on Friday!
Posted By: eyevancsu Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/12/04 12:31 AM
auiotour,

would it be possible for me to buy only 2 T13-B6 bulbs for the footwells? Also, are these the brightest ones that will fit in the socket?

thanks

ivan c.

ps.. i can pay asap w/paypal
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/12/04 12:51 AM
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:
Am I among the 2 ppl who bought it?

yup yup!!

Originally posted by thejms:
Just waiting till payday here 3 more days to go hehe

Alright cool

Originally posted by 818Contour:
I will be sending my payment to you on Friday!

sounds good. If you guys have any questions shoot me up!

Originally posted by eyevancsu:
auiotour,

would it be possible for me to buy only 2 T13-B6 bulbs for the footwells? Also, are these the brightest ones that will fit in the socket?

ps.. i can pay asap w/paypal

yes, they are they are 2.99 each and shipping is $0.30 each, #74s would be a lot brighter and are also cheaper, and won't create four big spots on the floor.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/12/04 06:51 AM
Sorry auio, just having a stressful time right now as far as finances, give me a week or two to figure it out and I should be steady again to purchase.
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/12/04 06:57 AM
I am still in but pay day is not till the 20th and I will get you then, Mabye we could have a mine-meet and I can give you the green then? like the 21st or 22ed PM me and let me know. Peace
Definately going to buy, but I too must wait till finances are straightened out. Money from the EL Glow GB should come before the end of the month.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/13/04 12:46 AM
Don't worry everyone, I just wanted to know people are still commited on the Group buy. You have till the 30th to pay.

We can meet up 22nd or 23rd if you like. 22nd will probably be better for me.
Posted By: 818Contour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/14/04 03:07 PM
auiotour,
I just sent you my money!
Ordered the Vivid Blue Kit!
I can't wait to get my lights!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/15/04 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Dionysus:
Definately going to buy, but I too must wait till finances are straightened out. Money from the EL Glow GB should come before the end of the month.

Don't hold your breath--I'll believe when I have my money in my hand.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/19/04 01:08 AM
Alright I have 8 payments in so far, is there anyone else who would still like to get in on this? Remember packs of 25 and 50 leds are still also avaible.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/19/04 01:13 AM
i think i want in, i will check the funds tomorrow.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/19/04 10:41 PM
awsome, you won't be dissappointed!
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/20/04 05:22 PM
Okay so far these are the people who have paid
Yuriy Y.
Deborah B.
Leonardo E.
Shawn R.
Justin S.
Brian W.

I am still expecting a few payments, so we will be adding more names to this list soon. Just want to thank everyone so far and for everything already.
auiotour,
you rock! I am in like Flint, for the full monty of the vivid blue. With all options, it is about $35.35 or something along those lines, my question is do I have to add anything for the PayPal payment option, like if I were to pay by credit card, to cover your fees, do you only take checking account transfer? I will pay as soon as I get this information. Thanks, for this and all of your work on the heat shield, it looks very nice!
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/26/04 03:42 AM
sorry everyone for my long awaited replies. i moved into a new place saturday and finally got our internet! So paypal fees are covered, dont worry. Those who do pay by checking account (none have) will recieve the discount for that when the products are shipped. thanks for asking, and you will love the kit.!
Posted By: R_G Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/26/04 08:21 PM
when the products are shipped

When?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/26/04 08:41 PM
Quick question--in your gauge tutorial, you said to replace the 5 bulbs in the cluster. When I put in ELGlows, it appeared like there were alot more than 5 twist sockets on the back of the cluster. Am I seeing things, or are those blue-green knobs on the back of the cluster something else? AND, since you have to twist the wires on the LED's so they will light, is there any problems with them coming loose and not lighting.? I really like the LED's better than the ELGlows, just not sure about the above questions.
I just paid... cannot wait!
Posted By: Max Power Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/27/04 04:09 PM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Quick question--in your gauge tutorial, you said to replace the 5 bulbs in the cluster. When I put in ELGlows, it appeared like there were alot more than 5 twist sockets on the back of the cluster. Am I seeing things, or are those blue-green knobs on the back of the cluster something else? AND, since you have to twist the wires on the LED's so they will light, is there any problems with them coming loose and not lighting.? I really like the LED's better than the ELGlows, just not sure about the above questions.

I think those other sockets are for the turn signal bulbs, seat belt, gas light, etc... I just did this last week, the bulbs are held pretty tight by the sockets, you just have to twist the wires to get them to line up right. I don't know if I explained that well, but basically I would be surprised if the bulbs came loose.
Posted By: eyevancsu Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/27/04 11:10 PM
Just sent payment for footwell 6led bulbs (2).

Thanks a million

Ivan Castano
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/28/04 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Max Power:

I think those other sockets are for the turn signal bulbs, seat belt, gas light, etc... I just did this last week, the bulbs are held pretty tight by the sockets, you just have to twist the wires to get them to line up right. I don't know if I explained that well, but basically I would be surprised if the bulbs came loose.

OK, so how do you know which is which?
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/28/04 01:20 PM
Okay everyone the Group buy is coming to a close in only two days the last day is the 30th. I am ordering on the 31st. Get your orders in while you can!!!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/29/04 02:48 AM
Okay everyone the Group buy is coming to a close in only two days the last day is the 30th. I am ordering on the 31st. Get your orders in while you can!!!

I've decided I want to do this. Few questions first:
1. Reference your pix--are you using bright or vivid?
2. I'm leaning toward bright BUT since you have no control over the brightness--(I'm assuming the dimmer switch won't work with LED's)--are the brights distracting at night?
3. I have ELGlow gauges. Would you recommend keeping them in or removing them? They're a nice blue but not as BLUE as the LED's would make them.
4. I want the needles to be RED. Would you suggest getting red #74 LED's for that and if so, how much more over the $30 kit price?

Thanks, I'll be waiting and I'll send you the money as soon as you reply.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/29/04 03:38 AM

I've decided I want to do this. Few questions first:
1. Reference your pix--are you using bright or vivid?
2. I'm leaning toward bright BUT since you have no control over the brightness--(I'm assuming the dimmer switch won't work with LED's)--are the brights distracting at night?
3. I have ELGlow gauges. Would you recommend keeping them in or removing them? They're a nice blue but not as BLUE as the LED's would make them.
4. I want the needles to be RED. Would you suggest getting red #74 LED's for that and if so, how much more over the $30 kit price?

Thanks, I'll be waiting and I'll send you the money as soon as you reply.

1. mine are vivid.
2. bright is better, unless you get head aches easy. dimmer doesn't work, it would be the difference of a 510 ohm to a 511 ohm resistor, barely noticable.
3. I would leave them, I am buying some soon, well EL sheets, and making the gauges myself.
4. red can be substituted in, just make sure you tell me that when you send your paypal payment in.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/29/04 05:24 AM
Money for the vivid blue kit-red #74 LED's for the needles-
and extra for the door handle lights--sent via Paypal.
I'm looking forward to putting all this together . As has been previously said, You Rock. Thanks for putting this out there for us.
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/29/04 07:34 AM
Just sent my PayPal to you. I want the Bright Blue kit with the Door Handle Lights and Fog Light Indicator also in blue. Also, can I pick them up from you man that would also be a good time for us to meet up. Let me know.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/29/04 01:52 PM
got them both. thank you guys very much
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/29/04 02:08 PM
okay everyone last day to order, I am ordering everything first thing tomorrow morning. I have printed and counting how much of everything will be ordered. I will post it soon today/tomorrow morning.
Posted By: R_G Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/29/04 04:07 PM
Forgot to ask you - and don't remember it listed in your specs - is there a LED replacing the bulb in the tranny/gears indicator window?

If the answer is yes, I need that one too.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/30/04 12:16 AM
Forgot to ask you - and don't remember it listed in your specs - is there a LED replacing the bulb in the tranny/gears indicator window?

actually, i didn't put on in there because some of the shift boots (mainly pre98) have green covers that don't come off without breaking into the shifter piece. If you want it, i can get it for you.
Posted By: auiotour LED GB7 CLOSED!!!! - 05/30/04 05:38 AM
The group buy is closed now. for further notice, this Group buy didn't do as good as it as was expected. these kits will no longer be offered through me. only 3mm and 5mm leds will be offered. Thank you everyone for your business, kits will be ordered tomorrow. Everyone should be expecting them by mid next month (2-3 weeks).
Posted By: R_G Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/30/04 05:28 PM

actually, i didn't put on in there because some of the shift boots (mainly pre98) have green covers that don't come off without breaking into the shifter piece. If you want it, i can get it for you.

My ATX shift cover is just a piece of plastic that snaps in/out. Plz advise me what kind of bulb I can use and whether u can include that one. Tnx.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/31/04 12:28 AM
Send addition $1.50 for the bulb. and color.
Posted By: R_G Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/31/04 03:17 PM
Money sent.

My ATX shift cover is just a piece of plastic that snaps in/out. Plz advise me what kind of bulb I can use and whether u can include that one. Tnx.

If you have a 98+ with the green letters and red indicator strip, then you're gonna need to scrape some paint.

I wrote a small how-to here . And behind it, there's one white LED.
Posted By: R_G Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 05/31/04 10:13 PM
Good job, Amarv. Now, the question - how did ya scrape this green material - what exactly did ya use?
Also what u wrote, "Then to stick it all together i used a combination of hot glue and superglue in various spots" - to stick what together - the rubber band with the red indicator looks like it just slides into the notch of the underside of CDW Bezel, now doesn't it?

Tnx.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 06/01/04 01:52 AM
Okay so here are the items that have been ordered.
Dome/Trunk Light 3022x13 (BLUE)
Foot/Gauge/Hvac/HeadLight/Glove Box/ATX #74x55 (BLUE)
Foot/Gauge/Hvac/HeadLight/Glove Box/ATX #74x4 (RED)
WLED-6x6 (BLUE)
150 3mm Blue
50 5mm Blue
11 3mm White
510 ohmx50
560 ohmx120

thank you everyone for your time. Orders will start coming in mid next month and shipping out asap.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 06/01/04 02:03 AM
just wanted everyone to know I just ordered everything. I am awaiting superbrights confirmation for instock items. As for everyone who had a #74 LED in their kit will recieve a discount for their items. (except red, sorry)
Good job, Amarv. Now, the question - how did ya scrape this green material - what exactly did ya use?
Also what u wrote, "Then to stick it all together i used a combination of hot glue and superglue in various spots" - to stick what together - the rubber band with the red indicator looks like it just slides into the notch of the underside of CDW Bezel, now doesn't it?

Tnx.

First, to scrape i used a thin razor blade. But, do it slowly and be very careful, i can't stress that enough, because if you scrape too deep the outlines get messed up and that sucks...look at my N and D. So, while your doing it, use a flashlight or hold the panel up to a light to check the lines.

Next, what i'm saying when i said stick it together is, use glue on those six posts. Refer to the second pic down, those 6 black dots (melted plastic) need to be worn down to get to the indicator panel then secured again later to make it all stick. Same with the first pic.
...You'll get a better feel for it all once you have it in your hands.
Good luck.
If you have any issues feel free to PM me.
Posted By: R_G Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 06/01/04 08:25 PM
Sounds scary but I am gonna try my luck

Tnx!
Posted By: R_G Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 06/08/04 11:09 PM
just wanted everyone to know I just ordered everything. I am awaiting superbrights confirmation for instock items. As for everyone who had a #74 LED in their kit will recieve a discount for their items. (except red, sorry)

bump
Posted By: eyevancsu Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 06/12/04 12:19 AM
Any updates?
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 06/13/04 03:47 PM
LEDs are still on track to be delievered in a week to a week and a half, LEDs will ship out from me at that time.
Posted By: R_G Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 06/13/04 11:14 PM
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 updated - 06/16/04 06:27 PM
Just an update, half the LEDs have arrived, the other half will be here in less then a week. I will ship them all out sometime next week. Hope everyone is excited, I know I am, i got some of my stuff coming too!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: LED Group Buy 7 updated - 06/22/04 12:34 AM
While I'll be using your blue LED's for the dash, etc, I am using green for the illumination when the doors are opened. I'll be doing stolon's idea for the rear seat illumination. I'm using 5mm cause that's the size of Radio Shack's holders. How does the viewing angle reflect the amount of light from an LED? I've seen anywhere from 8 degrees to 45 degrees. Which one will provide the greatest amount of illumination? (I know the higher the mcd, the brighter the LED.) Also, which side is the positive-the anode (the longer wire) or the cathode (obviously the shorter one). Thanks for the info and the GB. You've obviously put alot of work and thought into this for us. We all appreciate it.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 Updated - 06/23/04 04:15 PM
Just got the LEDs from superbright. Seems they sent me the wrong dome light bulbs. Not happy, they seem to small, gonna test one out today and see how they work. Also, noticed we may be short on #74 bulbs. not exactly happy at the moment. I will update you further.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: LED Group Buy 7 Updated - 06/23/04 04:19 PM
How about an answer to my previous post's questions. I want to get started on the 3 rear interior LED's. I just have to know the answers so I can get the right LED. Thanks.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 Updated - 06/23/04 04:23 PM
the longer side is the positive side, the viewing angles make a huge different when installing in something as you are. a 8 degree angle will make a small dot on the back seat that is quite bright, now the 45 degree will shine in a much large sizes area (you should go with 45, but probably isn't as bright).
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 Updated - 06/23/04 04:24 PM
another update, I went out to try one of their 3022 bulbs, they don't work. I will have to ship them back, there is 18 in total that need to be shipped, orders will be held till then, as I am not paying double for shipping.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: LED Group Buy 7 Updated - 06/23/04 04:42 PM
the longer side is the positive side, the viewing angles make a huge different when installing in something as you are. a 8 degree angle will make a small dot on the back seat that is quite bright, now the 45 degree will shine in a much large sizes area (you should go with 45, but probably isn't as bright).

Thanks. How about 45 degrees at 8000 mcd? That's almost the brightest in a 5mm. I figure 3 of them would be good in the back.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 Updated - 06/23/04 07:22 PM
thats EXTREMELY bright, don't look into it ever.
Posted By: eyevancsu Re: LED Group Buy 7 Updated - 06/24/04 02:03 AM
You could probably lightly sand the tips of those 8000mcd leds with some 1000grit sandpaper to diffuse the light more, itll kinda give the effect of a light bulb in that it wont show any circles (wont be as bright or painful to look into).

ivan c.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: LED Group Buy 7 Updated - 06/24/04 04:08 AM
thats EXTREMELY bright, don't look into it ever.

RL5-G8045 Green clear 8000 mcd 45° 525 nm T-1 3/4
RL5-G5030 Green clear 5000 mcd 30° 525 nm T-1 3/4
RL5-G5023 Green clear 5000 mcd 23° 524 nm T-1 3/4
RL5-G8020 Green clear 8000 mcd 20° 525 nm T-1 3/4
RL5-G9015 Green clear 9000 mcd 15° 525 nm T-1 3/4
RL5-G13008 Green clear 13000 mcd 8° 525 nm T-1 3/4

If I use 3 of these, which ones would you suggest? No one will be looking into them, I just want rear seat illumination for the "cool" effect. Course it'll also help at night, but that's secondary. Thanks again for your advice.
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: LED Group Buy 7 Updated - 06/24/04 02:20 PM

These.

Also scuffing the lenses is good for diffusion when you are mounting LEDs close to a surface. For the seats they're like 2'-3' feet away, in which case it may be best to leave the lenses clear so that you do get all of your light output (scuffing them does reduce range). I would say leave them clear at first, they can always be modified later.

For my console and door handle LEDs i did scuff them however.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 Updated - 06/24/04 03:42 PM
I will begin shipping LEDs out today, only to the people who do not need the dome lights/trunk lights. I have to wait for those and those will be shipped out once I have been sent the correct lights.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: LED Group Buy 7 Updated - 06/24/04 08:40 PM

These.

Also scuffing the lenses is good for diffusion when you are mounting LEDs close to a surface. For the seats they're like 2'-3' feet away, in which case it may be best to leave the lenses clear so that you do get all of your light output (scuffing them does reduce range). I would say leave them clear at first, they can always be modified later.

For my console and door handle LEDs i did scuff them however.

Thank ya, thank ya very much. I'll do these and see how they look. Scuff em if I need to.
Posted By: PeruvianHighlander Re: LED Group Buy 7 Updated - 06/25/04 02:08 PM
auiotour,
I appreciate your concern regarding shipping, however I am not willing to wait any longer. Please ship my order now, and I will be happy to send you additional funds to cover the cost of shipping and your additional labor... $5? when you get the new dome lights. Thanks, again, for running this GB.
-PeruvianHighlander
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 Updated - 06/25/04 04:03 PM
send me a PM with your address, that way I can match it up to your order. And then ship it out.
Posted By: R_G Re: LED Group Buy 7 Updated - 06/25/04 08:32 PM
Originally posted by PeruvianHighlander:
auiotour,
I appreciate your concern regarding shipping, however I am not willing to wait any longer. Please ship my order now, and I will be happy to send you additional funds to cover the cost of shipping and your additional labor... $5? when you get the new dome lights. Thanks, again, for running this GB.
-PeruvianHighlander

Me too. PM sent.
Posted By: 818Contour Re: LED Group Buy 7 Updated - 06/30/04 05:11 PM
Where are my LED's?
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 Updated - 06/30/04 06:30 PM
Some of the LEDs have already been shipped, as the for people awaiting dome lights, they will be getting refunded for the dome lights because the ones they said fit don't fit, and in order to get the new ones everyone would have to send me an addition $1.50 for the correct ones. I will be shipping the rest out today.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 06/30/04 07:08 PM
Refunds for the Dome Lights, and the amount saved will be sent back to each person through paypal.
Posted By: 818Contour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 06/30/04 09:25 PM
Do you know when my shipped?

Leonardo Encarnacion
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 06/30/04 10:18 PM
Evertyhing is already in the mail, except for Elsa A. I have to send 7 more #74s too. he should get them soon.
Posted By: BrianW Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 07/01/04 12:02 PM
Evertyhing is already in the mail, except for Elsa A. I have to send 7 more #74s too. he should get them soon.

Awesome! Thanks audio! Looking forward to getting them!
Posted By: R_G Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 07/01/04 02:02 PM
Awesome! Thanks audio! Looking forward to getting them!

Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 07/01/04 07:47 PM
Hey I just saw this GB. Haven't been on in a while. I need two resistors...both 510. Any chance I can grab two? Price?
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 07/01/04 11:50 PM
It would cost 8 times the price just to ship them. They are $0.05 each. so it would cost you $0.50 for them. which is like half the price of six at radio shack. But I will ship them for you. just paypal me $.50 cents.
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 07/02/04 12:21 AM
will do....pm me your email address that I can send the dinero to. Thanks.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 07/02/04 05:57 AM
auiotour@comcast.net, I will ship as soon as the money is sent, or tomorrow morning.
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 07/02/04 03:33 PM
Money sent. Thanks a lot.
Posted By: BrianW Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 07/05/04 01:46 PM
For the LEDS in the back seat....I am doing 3 LED across the back. I am going to start running the wires today, My question......should they be in series or parallel?
Posted By: eyevancsu Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 07/05/04 02:32 PM
Probably parallel, series has the habit of dimming the middle lights more than the outside ones.

-ivan c.
Posted By: BrianW Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 07/05/04 02:38 PM
Originally posted by eyevancsu:
Probably parallel, series has the habit of dimming the middle lights more than the outside ones.

Perfect, Thanks.

One more, should I just run the wires from the positive and negative of the dome light? Or is there a better way?
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 07/05/04 03:47 PM
yes run them from the dome light positive and negatives. much easier to work with.
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 07/05/04 11:45 PM
Just making sure I am correct about this....the 510 ohm resistors are the ones you get to make the 3mm resistors the brightest correct?
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 07/06/04 02:14 AM
half right, except the 3mm resistor, lol, you meant led i know. yes 510 will make it brighter then 560
Posted By: R_G Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 07/06/04 09:40 PM
Got mine, tnx! Check your PM.
Posted By: BrianW Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 07/08/04 12:33 AM
Happy b-day to me! Thanks for the LEDs for my b-day Audio. LOL
Posted By: BrianW Resistor - 07/09/04 11:24 PM
For my info and for others....which one is which? 510ohm and 560ohm? Blurry picture(don't by a Panasonic digicam for it macro).
Posted By: thejms Re: Resistor - 07/10/04 08:19 AM
Got my LED's today, thanks. Now I have to figure out which go where and what not
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Resistor - 07/10/04 12:12 PM
For my info and for others....which one is which? 510ohm and 560ohm? Blurry picture(don't by a Panasonic digicam for it macro).

0.19 second search on google...learn young grasshoppa

http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/gadgets/resistors/resistor.htm

~Andrew
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Resistor - 07/10/04 12:17 PM
it is hard to judge colors in that pic, but from what i gather, 560 is on the right. but like i said, i can't really tell (blue color-blind people are cooler than all of you )

~Andrew
Posted By: auiotour Re: Resistor - 07/10/04 03:20 PM

they are indeed 560.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Group Buy 7 LED Kits Now Selling - 07/11/04 01:28 AM
After starting to install my own LEDs, I have found that most of the resistors were 330 or 470 ohm. If you have recieved this problem. Please reply to this post asap. As I would like to ship you the correct resistors. the 330s might blow after a few weeks after installation. I have already contacted the Seller that I bought from and will be receving a fresh set of resistors.
Posted By: thejms Re: Resistor - 07/11/04 01:55 AM

Mine look like the ones on the right. With the green stripe.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Resistor - 07/11/04 03:10 AM

Mine too. They're so damn small, I can just tell they're the same. Guess I need new glasses.
Posted By: R_G Re: Resistor - 07/11/04 05:29 PM

Posted By: auiotour Re: Resistor - 07/11/04 06:23 PM

I will test to see what ones they are. they will all work fine if you have or still want to install them.
Posted By: BrianW Re: Resistor - 07/12/04 03:40 AM

I will test to see what ones they are. they will all work fine if you have or still want to install them.

The one on the left is 510 and the one on the right is 560.
Posted By: BrianW Main Window switch resistors - 07/12/04 07:11 PM
Are the stock resistors in the drivers side window switchs good enough? From what I have read, the one that runs the 4 main LEDs is 470 ohms. Is the other resistor that is there just for the bottom 2 LEDs (red and green)?

I guess if the new blue ones are too bright I can just swap out the 470 ?
Posted By: auiotour Re: Resistor - 07/12/04 07:33 PM
When I tested them with a multimeter I was gettin lower numbers then that on both of them.
© CEG Archives