Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Discussion on rod ends for rear sway bar
These are SS spherical rod ends sway bar links designed to work on any Contour, Cougar, Mystque Rear Sway Bar, ideally suited for upgraded bars like my Aussie bar or BAT bar.

Comes complete with Polyurethane bushings for the lower control arm connection.

Please PM me if you want a set.

I am making 10 for now (5 sets) and have one set already spoken for.

$65 shipped in the US, $70 shipped to Canada.

I accept payment through PayPal, and Money Orders.
these are bushings for the rear control arms?

The reason I ask is I just put bushings on for the rear control arms. . .is there an option to get them without the bushings??

Suneil
No, you misunderstood. They are the endlinks that connect your rear sway bar to the lower control arm of the rear suspension. The busings/brackets for the sway bar are different all together, and can be bought from JC Whitney.
PM me for more details about that, or email me. anastazi.sarigiannis@aam.com
Ya I will take a set at the end of may. since you seem to be the swaybar guy do you think I should reinforce the bushing brackets for the BAT bar?
BTW have any plans for front links?
I'd like a set. Been wanting to upgrade the links and all.
Any pics ?
Are these basically the same thing as the ones Performance Fords sells? Are your's better?
yes i like a set stazi for sure
I can take a pic of the links, but I am waiting on the bushings to arrive so I can take a pic of the whole kit.

If you want a set. Please PM me or go ahead and PayPal me the $65 ($70 for Canada) to: anastazi.sarigiannis@aam.com with the description "SS Spherical Sway Bar Links" in your PayPal description.

If you don't have a PayPal account but would still like a set PM me and I will forward you my mailing address.
I got these when Stazi put on my Aussie bar. They are much better than stock. I'm very pleased with them.
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Are these basically the same thing as the ones Performance Fords sells? Are your's better?

I'll probably be in, but I'd like to see a pic first
will this make the welding unnecessary....im most likely in either way.......thanx......yes count me as in

Same idead as performance fords, except mine are ENTIRELY SS and you won't have to sacrifice your first-born to get me to answer you emails or talk to you. Plus if it's suspensions we're talking about, then I think I have plenty of experience in that department seeing as I am a driveleine engineer AND I designed and produced the Aussie Bar.

These are LINKS people, not backing plates or sway bar bushings/mounts. That's a different thing all together.

As I said before these connect your rear sway bar to your LOWER CONTROL ARM, not your subframe.

Also someone asked about front links. No need.....they're already spherical rods ends that are actually quite good units. Replacing them would acheive nothing. The rears on the other hand leave MUCH to be desired!
Go ahead and put me down for a set... installation is pretty straight forward correct?
Stazi,

I'm interested in the links. Right now I have no sway bar (I bought yours and it broke the mounts). I'm planning on soon dropping the subframe and doing the weld on fix. Since you're the sway bar man (YOU THE MAN ), do you have a good detail on how to make up and weld some heavy duty brackets? Gimme some good info on this and i'll prolly buy your links.
Originally posted by Allyn48:
Stazi,

I'm interested in the links. Right now I have no sway bar (I bought yours and it broke the mounts). I'm planning on soon dropping the subframe and doing the weld on fix. Since you're the sway bar man (YOU THE MAN ), do you have a good detail on how to make up and weld some heavy duty brackets? Gimme some good info on this and i'll prolly buy your links.

Here is some pics to help you along the way ATI subframe fix I TIG welded new mounts into my subframe and it turned out most excellent. I also have pics in my profile my welded subframe
Ok I am going to paypal you next week.
Do you think I need to upgrade my brackets for the BAT bar?
Originally posted by MarkO:
Any pics ?

Here you go:
[image]http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/qikslvrsvt/detail?.dir=/206c&.dnm=9711.jpg[/image] Might need to cut and paste this or try clicking below:
Link to my Yahoo album showing the Aussie SS Endlink
Neither one of those worked for me... because they were both the same link

I think this is the one to your main gallery ... but I don't see any pics of endlinks in there?
I paid for a set Dev and will hopefully have them within a week as Stzi said they were finished and ready to be sent when I inquired a few days back.

You then can see them in person
Assuming I want to see you in person Chris
Dev It's one way to lure you to my Apt
Not again....
Probably a stupid question, but are these real simple to install? Post what you have to do to install them once you install them please. I've ordered a set too.
Install is a snap....
Originally posted by DEVIOUSDEV:
Neither one of those worked for me... because they were both the same link

I think this is the one to your main gallery ... but I don't see any pics of endlinks in there?

Try it now.

Stupid Yahoo!, I tried sharing it but it didn't work, so I moved it to the My Photos Gallery which I know is a Public gallery.
Nice, a pic is all I needed

Payment sent
i'm in, good pic, clarified a lot! will send you a paypal, and info on the install would be GREAT!

Suneil
I saw these and they are top quality. I will be buying a set fo sho.

Touched em even!
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
Originally posted by MarkO:
Any pics ?

Here you go:
[image]http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/qikslvrsvt/detail?.dir=/206c&.dnm=9711.jpg[/image] Might need to cut and paste this or try clicking below:
Link to my Yahoo album showing the Aussie SS Endlink

Wow, that looks awesome. In !
Stazi or someone:

Can you give me a link that works to the pics so I can see these puppies?
Originally posted by Allyn48:
Stazi or someone:

Can you give me a link that works to the pics so I can see these puppies?

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/qikslvrsvt/detail?.dir=/My+Photos&.dnm=9711.jpg
Do you think I need to upgrade my brackets for the BAT bar?
Anybody feel free to chime in on this. Please im a nub.

Palpaled today for the links.
Did my order ship?
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Did my order ship?

UP
payment SENT!!! Thanks Stazi. . .

Suneil
i just looked at my endlinks and they kinda look like sht. the bushings are shot to hell, they are all dried up. as much as i want to order the endlinks, whats the worse that can happens if i leave them for now and the bushings continue to diminish and then its metal on metal contact. is it just a matter of noisyness? i'm trying real hard to not spend more money right now. i'd like to order a bat bar too but gotta resist. (gotta pay down the credit cards first)

can i use the endlinks for stock svt bar and later put in the bat bar.
Like I said the endlinks work with ANY rear sway bar!

Endlinks ship today - SZ04 and my new job prevented me from shipping them last week. I apologize for any inconvenience to those first 5 who have paid. The rest will have to wait about one more week for the second batch to go out.
Stazi,

What order am I on 1st or 2nd...I paid on May 14th.

Thanks,
Scott
You are in the second batch. I am just waiting on the bushings which I shuld have in a few days.

Please note - EVERYONE - My email for PayPal payments has changed to:
anastazi.sarigiannis@skf.com
The second batch of 10 sets of endlinks will go out today.

Thanks,
Stazi
Staz,

Did you get the MO for the links?

Allyn 48
I received mine today. They look real nice, can't wait to put em on.
Got my links today.

So I will ask this one more time, do I need to renforce my bushing mounts for the BAT rear sway bar.
SVT Spec. (21mm I think)

Just a yes or no ansewer from Stazi would be great.

Thanks

got mine today, VERY PIMP, very nice, thanks Stazi. . .
got mine yesterday...look great, thanks Stazi

Scott
Originally posted by scottd60:
got mine yesterday...look great, thanks Stazi

Got mine yesterday too. They're so nice, I'm thinking I might show them off & mount them on the dash... nah.

Seriously, nice product Stazi! Mine will be installed tonight.
Yes, you should install new swaybar bushings with the larger sway bar(you'll have too anyway cos the bar is larger and the stock bushings don't work), but I would go ahead and beef up the backing plates with thicker and longer plates (two add a second mounting hole) and upgrade to Prothane brackets that use the two-hole mounts, rather than try and finagle the crummy stock "one hole and tab" bracket to work - it won't last!

Also you may find that you will need to get 2 new 3/8" Stainless Steel through bolts for the end link to sway bar connection, as a CEG'er told me that his stock sway bar bolts (that go through the stock endlinks) are a pinch too big for the upgraded links. This is weird cos a prototype I made with 7/16" rod end ended up needing me to drillout the sway bar eyelet to accept the larger bolt, so I though the next size down would do the trick. It's not a big issue, so don't fret.

Also, a tip on installing them to make it a LOT easier for you is to use ramps instead of axle stands to elevate the rear of the car. This will keep the lower control arms loaded, and parallel to the ground and thus easier to connect to the sway bar.

Another thing you can do is slather on some marine wheel bearing grease onto the spherical ball when you're all said and done to keep it lubricated and stop it from corroding (yes, even stainless steel corrodes!)

Thanks for the kind words guys!
Thank you for info. The links look great.
Is this still open? I need a set of rear sway bar end links for the Aussie bar on my 96.
I will be running another group buy in about 2 weeks.
How long do the new bolts need to be?
© CEG Archives