Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: patman GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/25/04 01:58 AM
I just came up on a smokin' deal on slotted rotors, I can get a set of four (front and rear) for $225 for all four! I need at least 10 orders. Shipping is $30 in the lower 48 states. These are beautiful double disc ground rotors with a black "E" coating on everything but the friction surface.
E-mail me if you are interested @ pmccle3928@aol.com Include the details on your car...there are a couple different rotors but they are all the same price. When I receive replies from at least 10 people, I will respond. and send out paypal invoices. Feel free to email me with any questions.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/25/04 02:11 AM
You're going to have trouble getting people to sign up on this because:

1) A couple group buys have ended up being ripoffs
2) You registered today and this is your 1st post

I'm not trying to knock you, just letting you know.

It would also help if you provided a brand, pics, who you are, etc. Trust is running slim lately on CEG...
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/25/04 03:38 AM
I should have expected that. My name is Pat McCleish and I own a performance brake company called STOP IT Performance Brakes. I don't usually sell the domestic stuff but my supplier has an overstock he will give me a deal if I buy all of it. The rotors I'm selling are Identical to the ones sold by ROTORA...check out their website. You can also check out my website at www.stopitbrakes.com
I got a deal on these things so I figured what better place to pass them on than a contour website. If enough people want them, I can even put up something on the website and all the transactions can take place in a secure environment.
I'm not a jackass out to burn anyone, just a gearhead like you guys trying to pass along a deal when it comes up.
Posted By: Apu Nahasapeemapetil Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/25/04 02:52 PM
Do you have any references like

-positive ebay feedbacks?

A whois query tells you only had that website for barely a month. Especially a company's contact email using hotmail alias makes not sound right.
Posted By: auiotour Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/25/04 10:10 PM
Originally posted by patman:
I should have expected that. My name is Pat McCleish and I own a performance brake company called STOP IT Performance Brakes.

I just came up on a smokin' deal on slotted rotors, I can get a set of four (front and rear) for $225 for all four!

hhmm, doesn't sound right to me.
Posted By: 98SVT_LEO Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/26/04 12:31 AM
I have to agree sounds quite fishy to me
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/26/04 01:24 AM
OK, check out my ebay feedback if you'd like. Its all positive. Here the URL to one of my Items... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2474703659&category=33564
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/26/04 02:16 AM
Ummm slotted rotors are total sh!t...
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/26/04 03:02 AM
Hey pat as pete has said we have had some deal go bad, Please excuse some of the people as they are a little Upset. hope everything does work out for ya and thanks for the offer and stoping By.
Posted By: auiotour Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/26/04 01:58 PM
OK, check out my ebay feedback if you'd like. Its all positive. Here the URL to one of my Items... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2474703659&category=33564

40 feed back is not much, but its still good none the less. congrats on the feed back. But people on CEG would rather be able to see specs on the rotors, and also pictures of the exact item we would be recieving.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/27/04 02:58 AM
Geeeez...you guys are a bit hard on the newbies. I went ahead and bought all the overstock because I couldn't pass up the deal and ONE brave soul emailed me with interest. I will get some pictures up by the end of the week when I receive the parts. If anyone has any more questions...go ahead...rip into me a little more. I guess this is initiation!
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/28/04 01:59 AM
Geeeez...you guys are a bit hard on the newbies. I went ahead and bought all the overstock because I couldn't pass up the deal and ONE brave soul emailed me with interest. I will get some pictures up by the end of the week when I receive the parts. If anyone has any more questions...go ahead...rip into me a little more. I guess this is initiation!

Posted By: GTO Pete Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/28/04 02:01 AM
Pretty sad that CEGers have to rip a potential vendor.

Like we have so many vendors and parts to choose from.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/28/04 02:08 AM
Oh it's all in good fun. I'd be down for parts if I weren't broke all the time. The only times I have money is when I sell my body, and that makes me feel so dirty, that I can't bare to spend the money on things I want.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/28/04 02:19 AM
Its nice to know that not everyone in here is a jackass
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/28/04 03:00 AM
patman that was uncalled for and so was chatta. but seriously pat you have to understand that i and many other cegers have been ripped off by people saying they have stuff for our cars, then we send money and never hear from them again so prove to us that you are legit by posting pics and maybe finding some cegers near you to vouch for you
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/28/04 08:46 AM
I was just playin'...pics will be posted by the end of the week...probably on saturday. Heres what I'll do...I'll set up a listing on ebay, so everybody gets all the benefits and security of all the buyer protection services that Ebay has to offer, and I'll post the link to the Ebay page in this forum...that way anyone who wants them can buy them through Ebay...all I ask is that everyone who gets a set from me respond in this forum and reassure everyone that I am a legit vendor....not some jackass out to screw everyone. How's that sound?
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/29/04 06:41 AM
All right, lemme ask you this: I've got a stock-breaked SE. Do you offer any kind of larger rotor upgrade kit? IE-from my meager set up to 280mm or even 300mm? I would be interested in that.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/29/04 07:11 AM
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
All right, lemme ask you this: I've got a stock-breaked SE. Do you offer any kind of larger rotor upgrade kit? IE-from my meager set up to 280mm or even 300mm? I would be interested in that.

Stoke brake set up?

I made a mistake when I said these are total bollocks. Cross drilled are totalbollocks. Slotted are okay...I think
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/29/04 07:15 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:

Stoke brake set up?

I made a mistake when I said these are total bollocks. Cross drilled are totalbollocks. Slotted are okay...I think

Yeah it's stock.
Posted By: Asterion76_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/29/04 05:27 PM
If this is legit. I would be interested. It looks like you are trying to build a name for yourself, And that is cool. Don't let the skeptisim of the fellow burn victims in the group get to you. I personally don't blame them. That is why the group is here. To watch out for each other.
Posted By: R_G Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/29/04 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Asterion76:
If this is legit. I would be interested.

Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/29/04 08:12 PM
Hey Asterion76! I'm in Chattanooga, too! What part?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/29/04 11:05 PM
I should have expected that. My name is Pat McCleish and I own a performance brake company called STOP IT Performance Brakes. I don't usually sell the domestic stuff but my supplier has an overstock he will give me a deal if I buy all of it. The rotors I'm selling are Identical to the ones sold by ROTORA...check out their website. You can also check out my website at www.stopitbrakes.com

ROTORA only shows for Ford Focus (non SVT). What's up with that? Who makes the ones your're selling?

Same thing, if you are legit, I'd be interested.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/30/04 01:34 AM
I don't have any big brake kit for the contour yet, but I might soon. If I can see some demand for it I might be able to develop a kit.
Posted By: HITMANinMI Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/30/04 01:37 AM
How much for just the front rotors for a 96 Contour GL?

Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/30/04 01:39 AM
I said my rotors were identical to the ones that Rotora sells. My rotors do not come from Rotora, if they did I would have to charge you 3 times as much for them, and I'd rather not do that...I get them from various suppliers that can meet my the specs I ask for and give me the price I am looking for. These rotors are a premium line, they are not from China, although that can be aranged for those of you that would like to save yourselves about $75. The chinese products I deal with are excellent, its just the they're hard to sell in the private market because people don't trust them.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/30/04 01:43 AM
Just front rotors for a 96 SL: $110/pair
Posted By: R_G Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/30/04 02:31 AM
'99 (notn SVT)?
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 04/30/04 03:25 AM
Front and rear slotted rotors (SVT and non-SVT) - $225 per set plus $30 shipping anywhere in the US (except Alaska and Hawaii.

Front rotors only SVT - $135 plus $20 shipping

non-SVT - $110 plus $20 shipping

...and just to answer everybody's next response, yes, I am familiar with the fact that the SVT front rotors are different than the non-SVT front rotors but its just simpler for me to sell the whole kit (front and rear) for the same price.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/01/04 02:43 AM
Pics will be posted in the morning...
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/01/04 08:01 PM
Pics are posted...check them out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2476861191
Posted By: TOURing Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/02/04 11:19 AM
Would you ship to Canada? How much would the shipping cost?
Just for kicks I'll give you my Zip code B0E 1V0 (0 = zero).
I'm out in the sticks so ....
Thx

EDIT: Fix Spelling.

Never mind, just read your ebay page and noticed that you only ship within the US. Oh well....

Posted By: wa2tuff Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/02/04 06:41 PM
This is startin to look good. I just may have to do it. I'd love a set of Baer's but $$$$$$$$$. They're just not in the cards now.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/02/04 09:03 PM
I'll ship to the moon if thats what it takes. Shipping for you would be $70 if I go with UPS, which would probably get it there in a couple of weeks, or we can take the cheap way out and go with the postal service which would be $38 and take 4 - 6 weeks. Let me know. I've also got pads but theres a couple different ones and the prices are different so E-mail me if you want pads to and I'll hook everyone up on those too.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/03/04 06:43 AM
I got an Email from a CEGer in the L.A. Area whos coming by to pick up a set of rotors from me on Tuesday, I imagine he'll leave some feedback so check out the forum on tuesday night. I bought all these things and I've got to move 'em quick, I've got to pay my bill with the supplier this month!
Any body else in the L.A. area who is interested and willing to come by and pickup a set...give me a call...310-947-7014...I'll knock $25 off if I don't have to ship the parts.
Posted By: TOURing Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/03/04 04:54 PM
Pads too, whoo hooo. I will wait until the review gets posted on Tues. IF the review is positive I will fire an email in your direction.
Shipping to Canada is greatly appreciated.
Thx
Posted By: R_G Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/03/04 04:59 PM
Proly u mentioned this b4 - but I got no time to go thru all the posts, so:

how much for fronts only ('99 4 cyl)? Is there any CEG discount compared to E-bay price?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/04/04 12:11 AM
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:

Is there any CEG discount compared to E-bay price?

Good point!!!
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/04/04 02:55 AM
Front and rear slotted rotors (SVT and non-SVT) - $225 per set plus shipping anywhere in the US (except Alaska and Hawaii. Shipping calculator is up on the Ebay page

Front rotors only SVT - $135 plus shipping

non-SVT - $110 plus shipping

And pads too!

AXXIS METAL MASTERS

95 - 2000 front all (except SVT and 98-2000 models with sensor wire - $40
98-2000 front w/ sensor wire (except SVT) - $46

SVT - Front (I need the production date on this one) - $51

All Rear Pads...$25

I will post these on ebay so If you want it, buy it. These pads are about the best available for these cars. All these prices are about 10% off jobber, which is about 60% off retail.

These are the best prices I can do, As soon as all the CEGrs are done buying, the prices go back up, unless of course we have some straglers in here. I'm open for any more suggestions that anyone might have.
-
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/04/04 04:25 AM

....I'm open for any more suggestions that anyone might have.
-

ooh, ooh, big brake kit! And maybe a price for SS lines.

*edit* Page 3- HA!
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/04/04 06:24 AM
Let me talk to my boys at STOPTECH and see how many orders they need to develop a big brake kit and how much....and my man over at Technafit and see what I can do on stainless lines...what else do you guys want...brakes, suspension, bring it on.
There will be a post up here tomorrow afternoon from one of the long time members telling everyone how BADASS my deal is on the rotors. I really need everyone who is interested to start buying this stuff because I bought up a bunch of these rotors and my bill is due with my supplier this week and its gonna be tight. I'm givin' you guys a smokin' deal so please, help me out this next week.
Posted By: Asterion76_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/04/04 05:37 PM
It looks like this is really coming together. I am very interested now. If you can get a final price on some good quality pads along with the rotors for an 98 SVT that would be great. I havent been able to look at the E-bay site. And what would be the best method of payment? You may have said before, I just may have overlooked it.
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/05/04 12:46 AM
Hey guys,

Just picked up my rotors from Pat. The workmanship looks top-notch, and after comparing available prices (OE & our tiny aftermarket- BAT) for stock-sized rotors, I must say that this is a great price.

This ain't no mom & pop operation either, Pat seems to have access to every friction-related car part on the market- foreign and domestic.

Hopefully my experience will help to alleviate any qualms about dealing with Pat.

I'll be picking up a set of pads and hopefully some SS lines from him this week.

*Any SoCal CEGers, if you need rotors, I'd urge you to get in on this. Got Q's? PM me.

I'll post pics if you guys want.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/05/04 01:34 AM
the svt pads are axxis? i didnt know they made pads for us. any way to make a mini brake kit: pads, rotors, ss lines? stoptech is some serious money. that would have to be some discount.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/05/04 01:50 AM
Mini kit is in the works, my stainless line guy wasn't in the shop today but I should here from him tomorrow. I know he doesn't make the parts yet, but I should have them developed by the end of the week. I'll put together some a kit for SVTs and NON SVT four wheel disc cars as well as a kit front kit for those of you with rear drums as soon as I see my cost on the stainless lines. Do you guys care if the lines are DOT approved or not? The reason I ask is because I can do the non approved lines for a bit less than the DOT lines, the only difference is a clear plastic sleeve on the outside over the stainless braid. I'll have prices up here on the kits by the end of the week.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/05/04 02:48 AM
All right, here is the link to the CEG exclusive VIP section of my ebay store. I've got pads and rotors up there now, I should have the lines up by the end of the week. I've already got the rotors and these are best prices that I can do so if you guy want 'em, jump in and buy 'em. Its easier than gathering everone together. Hope this link works: http://stores.ebay.com/STOP-IT-Performance-Brakes_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQdptZ14QQsclZallQQsotimedisplayZ2QQtZkm
Posted By: thejms Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/05/04 03:16 AM
Looking at the rear rotors, I see they are not coated. How will these stand up to rust? Rust is one of the main reasons I am looking at buying these, because my rotors now have only 5k on them at the least.
Posted By: kuropis Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/05/04 03:33 AM
Know of.. or can you get any calipers that would work with these?
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/05/04 04:03 AM
1st answer...the rear rotors will rust if left untouched. Heres what I do. Put the new rotors and pads on the car, go out and break everything in, come back while the brakes are still warm and take the wheels off, hose down the caliper and rotor with brake cleaner, and then paint the whole thing up with caliper paint. Let it set for about 10 minutes and then put the wheels back on the car and take it for a ride. The caliper paint wont peel and it'll look good for ever. If you want me to paint them for you, I have a huge oven at the shop to cure the paint, just let me know.

2nd answer, your stock calipers will work fine with these rotors. Put on my pads as well and they will work even better.
Posted By: Pato Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/05/04 01:13 PM
Patman-

I am thinking about getting these for my CSVT and I was following a similar GB you posted on the Avalanche page a few days ago. The thread is gone; what happened?
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/05/04 04:47 PM
All my posts on the Avalanche site got pulled because I "violated" some code of ethics when I told someone that he was freakin' nuts because he was gonna spend $1200 on pads and rotors from AC Delco Durastop....I guess those guys don't want deals, fine, screw 'em.

I got the deal on stainless lines. $80 for a set of four, $45 for just the two fronts. Lets see how many want in on this because this price is for 10 or more sets. I'll put it up on Ebay to buy if there is interest.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/05/04 10:48 PM
OK heres the "budget upgrade kit" package deals...

Front and rear slotted rotors
Front and rear Axxis Metal Master Pads
Front and rear Stainless Steel Braided Lines
and a bonus STOP IT Performance brakes sticker (if I get them made in time)

$350 for all 4 wheel disc cars

FRONT ONLY
slotted rotors (the black ones)
Axxis Metal Master Pads
Stainless Lines

$180 for Non-SVT cars

It'll take me about 3 days to get the lines made, so let me know this week and I can get things on the UPS truck by the middle of next week.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/06/04 01:13 AM
how much more are the dot approved ss lines
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/06/04 01:19 AM
Those prices are with dot approved SS lines, I've decided that its safer bet to only go with those because if someone wrecks there car and blames it on the brake lines, I won't get sued.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/06/04 05:48 AM
You guys are tough, I got a call from the Better Business Bureau today, scared the crap out of me until he told me what it was about. A couple of you from the CEG called to find out if I was full of crap or not, and apparently the BBB had no clue. Well either way, thanks to those of you who did, I had a nice talk with some !@#$% @ the BBB who tried (and succeeded) in selling me a membership for $365. Comon now...help me out. OK heres what I'll do: for the 1st 5 people who buy something from me, I'll charge you 1/2 up front, and trust you to pay me the other half when you receive, and are satisfied with the parts. If this isn't cool I don't know what is.
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/06/04 06:46 AM
A call from the BBB? Wow, I guess we are a tough crowd.

I'm ordering my pads and lines tomorrow (I would've already, but grad school=no credit cards for now) and am studying every sentence and diagram of the service CD to ease the installation when they arrive.

I've already got the rotors just sitting in the back seat waiting....

To everyone who has stock rims and needs a brake upgrade, you'd be hard-pressed to match this deal.

I'd like to think of this as a stepping stone to new product development for our cars. (i.e. future Stoptech kit...)
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/06/04 07:13 AM
Thanks Chuck, Email me your address and I'll fire the pads out on Friday. I have to wait for a FEW MORE PEOPLE before I go ahead and spend the money to get the minimum, 10 sets of lines made, and you'll be the first to get a set. Let me know the production date of your SVT so I get you the right pads. Mail me a check for everything when you get the lines.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/06/04 07:16 AM
"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather- not screaming and cursing, like his passengers."

This is good...I like that....and I talked to stoptech, still grinding them on prices but they said they'd develop a kit if there were 15 commitment....real commitments because this stuff ain't cheap and I'm not about to get stuck with 15 big brake kits that nobody wants.
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/06/04 07:30 AM
Here are pics (sorry, they're kind of dark) of the rotors that I bought from Pat:

The fronts...

The rears...
Posted By: thejms Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/06/04 02:38 PM
Pat,

I know I was one of the first to talk to you about this gb, but things went down hill since. My wife is switching jobs, so during the transition period I will be hard pressed for money. She starts her new job next week so it wont be for long. I hope that I can still get this from you say in a month?

Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/06/04 06:06 PM
This is good, a few people are sending me PMs, this GB got off to a slow start but its picking up. I will post a link in a little while to buy the mini kits.
Posted By: slvr98svt Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/06/04 06:13 PM
I think I will wait until a Big Brake kit gets made.
-Matt
Posted By: Daddy Phat Sacks Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/06/04 07:22 PM
You guys are tough, I got a call from the Better Business Bureau today, scared the crap out of me until he told me what it was about. A couple of you from the CEG called to find out if I was full of crap or not, and apparently the BBB had no clue. Well either way, thanks to those of you who did, I had a nice talk with some !@#$% @ the BBB who tried (and succeeded) in selling me a membership for $365. Comon now...help me out. OK heres what I'll do: for the 1st 5 people who buy something from me, I'll charge you 1/2 up front, and trust you to pay me the other half when you receive, and are satisfied with the parts. If this isn't cool I don't know what is.

I may be niaeve, but patman seems to be going out of his way to help us. Even though I dont have any $$$$, When I do, I would be glad to buy from patman. THanks for tryin to help us out.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/06/04 08:05 PM
Ok, the mini kits are up in the ebay store. Heres the link, let me know all the details on your car, and if its a 98-00 Non-svt cars, I need to know whether or not your front pads have electric sensors in them, there should be a light on your dash that comes on when the key is turned on, if you have this light, then you probably have the electric sensors.

http://stores.ebay.com/STOP-IT-Performance-Brakes_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQdptZ14QQsclZallQQsotimedisplayZ2QQtZkm
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/07/04 11:05 PM
Got another buyer on a mini kit....comon guys I need a few more.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/08/04 01:00 AM
i'm trying to get the money together. hopefully i'll be able to and it wont be too long
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/08/04 06:22 PM
What's the story on the Axxis pads? I'm been searching and I've only come up with two old posts--one was for and one was against. That's it. I'd like to do this but I want to make sure I'm not getting pads that dust alot or won't wear good. I have Greenstuff now and when new, they dusted like crazy. Now 2k to 3k later, they're still dusting but nothing like the originals. Are Axxis better or worse???
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/08/04 07:28 PM
I think that whatever you heard about the Axxis pads dusting like hell was with respect to the Axxis Ultimates. I am selling Metal Masters. The Ulimates are just plain unreasonable with the dust. I have them on my truck w/ uncoated polished aluminum rims, and you cant even polish the dust out because it eats the aluminum, you have to take the wheel off the car and wet sand the whole thing about once a month to keep them clean. The Metal Masters are much better from experience. I don't know how they compare to the EBC pads (I've never used them) but check out the friction performance charts at www.centricparts.com That will probably give you a better idea. Oh, and I just found this out yesterday. I only have 7 sets of the Axxis pads left for SVTs, so gettum quick. I'll try to source another comparable pad to keep the mini kits going if I need to.
Posted By: R_G Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/08/04 07:28 PM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
What's the story on the Axxis pads? I'm been searching and I've only come up with two old posts--one was for and one was against. That's it. I'd like to do this but I want to make sure I'm not getting pads that dust alot or won't wear good. I have Greenstuff now and when new, they dusted like crazy. Now 2k to 3k later, they're still dusting but nothing like the originals. Are Axxis better or worse???

I would LOVE to get some non-dusting ones...
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/08/04 07:56 PM
no such thing as a non-dusting pads...all pads dust, some less than others. mine are a low dust pad but they still dust. Just putting this out there so I'm not buying back pads when people see dust on there wheels
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/09/04 04:06 AM
no such thing as a non-dusting pads...all pads dust, some less than others. mine are a low dust pad but they still dust. Just putting this out there so I'm not buying back pads when people see dust on there wheels

I understand that. I just don't want pads that are similiar to OEM pads. NOTHING LOOKS WORSE THAN A CLEAN CAR WITH FILTHY FRONT RIMS. IT'S DISGUSTING.

Also, patman, on the www.centricparts.com site, there is a picture of a rotor with the pad outline (figure 5) under "technical support"--but more importantly, the disc has rust in the slots. Is this rust something we will have to worry about/put up with? I'm really ready to do this, I'm just very anal about how my car looks.

Just a couple more questions: who makes the s/s brake lines? And do they have the strut mount bushings on them? Thanks for your patience.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/09/04 06:58 AM
I cannot tell you for sure the dust level compared to OEM as I have never had a Contour with OEM pads. If it is a low dusting pad your looking for rather than one that performs well, See if you can find an Akebono ProACT Ceramic pad....These are supposed to be low dust pads.
As for the rusty slots, I have slotted rotors on my truck and there is no rust to be found anywhere on the rotor. I also have high dust pads, so the slots are coated with a layer of dust. I imagine that you could simply paint the slots with black BBQ paint to prevent rust from appearing. It doesn't matter if you get paint on the friction surface because it will burn off in a couple days. I'm not quite sure what to tell you other than I design my kits with performance in mind, not appearance.
Posted By: R_G Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/09/04 05:56 PM
If it is a low dusting pad your looking for rather than one that performs well, See if you can find an Akebono ProACT Ceramic pad....These are supposed to be low dust pads.

Akebono ProACT Ceramic Pads for your 1999 Ford Contour LX

Front fitment
Material: Ceramic
Note: Front brake pads.
$63.00 (axle set)
Estimated Availability: In Stock

Posted By: wa2tuff Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/10/04 02:23 AM
I appreciate the info but as you can see, I have a 2000 SVT. I'll try a website to see if they are available for my car. Thanks again.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/10/04 02:35 AM
Its kinda hard to find pads for SVTs made after 5/99 because that pad doesn't fit anything else except that last year of SVT contours. The only difference between those and the earlier ones is that the later models use a sensor wire. I can get you guys the sensor wires if you can only get the earlier pads, all you've got to do is drill a little hole in the pad to make the later model pad. I've actually got some Posiquiet pads that I could send out to someone on monday...check out how the dusting is and post the results...pay me if you like 'em, chuck 'em if you don't. Let me know
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/11/04 07:23 AM
I've got two people to commit and pay me and they will be taken care of...otherwise, I will close this GB next weekend. If anyone wants a set of rotors or the whole kit or whatever, email me this week and I will get a set and hold it for you. Pat@stopitbrakes.com
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/12/04 06:33 AM
What happened....where'd everybody go?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/13/04 03:37 AM
I ordered the mini kit today, Pat says should ship by Monday. If his products are anything like his customer service, I should be very pleased. He answered all my emails promptly and thoroughly and seems to know his products very well. Can't wait to see the finished products. I'd like to have gotten a big brake kit but the cash just isn't there.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/13/04 05:31 AM
I think I've earned that...Thank you, I appreciate it!
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/15/04 02:00 AM
I've got a bunch of Non SVT front rotors that I have to get rid of now...$100/set plus shipping. Email me if you want them... pat@stopitbrakes.com
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/20/04 04:35 AM
I just got in 3 more orders for SVT rotors...Anyone else want a set? Anyone need me to hold a set for them till they get money? Let me know
Posted By: thejms Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/20/04 02:37 PM
I just got in 3 more orders for SVT rotors...Anyone else want a set? Anyone need me to hold a set for them till they get money? Let me know

Pat,
I am still in for a set, set em a side for me. I will email you.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/22/04 02:57 AM
I got the lines this morning (finally) and shipped out the rest of the orders I received...So everyone should be receiving their parts next week...got a bunch of lines left and I'm picking up 10 more sets of SVT rotors tomorrow morning if anyone is still interested
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/22/04 06:24 PM
Just got the rotors and pads--lookin good . Waitin for the s/s lines and then we'll do it all at once. And thanks for painting the rears. Paint = no rust. If anyone is thinking of doing this, do it. Pat delivers.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/24/04 12:39 AM
Alright...what happened here? I just got two more orders from someone so I got more SVT rotors and lines. I can also except credit cards now via paypal so If you guys still think that you'll get screwed, you can call the credit car company and tell them to screw me instead. Lets keep this going....you all busted my chops for the first couple days and I set everything up that you asked for. Does anyone want some bitchin' brakes or were you guys just bored and like to see me work hard..(as fun as it might be to observe)?
Posted By: Asterion76_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/24/04 11:35 PM
Thats funny, It is fun to watch someone else work their ass off for a change. It looks like the Patman is rolling on a good group buy. Hold a set for me I will be a callin' soon.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/25/04 04:07 AM
sitting in the corner w/ your name on it....anyone else? I've still got a bunch of SVT and NON SVT rotors that appear to be progressing well as paperweights in my shop...anyone?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/29/04 03:20 AM
Just got the rotors and pads--lookin good . Waitin for the s/s lines and then we'll do it all at once. And thanks for painting the rears. Paint = no rust. If anyone is thinking of doing this, do it. Pat delivers.

I got the s/s lines yesterday afternoon. Thanks again. BTW, I painted the hubs and slots red to match the calipers. Since you already painted them black, it made my job much easier, thanks. Hope the paint around the slots burns off OK like you said. You seem to know your s--t so I'm sure it will. Everything goes on Sunday. Can't wait People, you should check this out--it's not a big brake kit but then again it doesn't cost as much either. Pat did everything he said he would.
Posted By: kuropis Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/29/04 06:00 AM

I got the s/s lines yesterday afternoon. Thanks again. BTW, I painted the hubs and slots red to match the calipers. Since you already painted them black, it made my job much easier, thanks. Hope the paint around the slots burns off OK like you said. You seem to know your s--t so I'm sure it will. Everything goes on Sunday. Can't wait People, you should check this out--it's not a big brake kit but then again it doesn't cost as much either. Pat did everything he said he would.

I got mine a few days ago.. not going on the car for a little though. They do look and feel like a quality product. Thanks Pat!
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/29/04 07:36 AM
Yup, Ive had mine for a little while now, too. I'm just waiting for my speedbleeders to get here, then on they go!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/31/04 03:48 PM

Not only did the paint around the slots burn off but so did the paint IN the slots. Braking took off all the paint except on the hub which is fine. No more rusty lookin hubs.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 05/31/04 08:41 PM
I just heard from WA2TUFF that the threads on the rear lines are wrong....this sucks, I'll check it out at the shop tomorrow and make it right, I'll be overnighting new rear lines to the three people that got them from me. I'll keep you guys posted.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 06/01/04 08:09 AM
any info on the big brake kit from stoptech? i'm interested to see how it compares price wise to baer and willwood from TCE and BAT, all have good rep's

thanks for your hard work by the way
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 06/01/04 03:07 PM
to much
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 06/01/04 08:54 PM
to much

Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 06/06/04 09:56 PM
The boys at stoptech are looking to get about $1700 for a custom 2 wheel kit, even if I get 10 people. Thats a little excessive. I've got 2 more sets of SVT rotors and 4 sets of NON SVT rotors left if anyone wants them. Also, if you want the lines, check out your rear lines and let me know which ones you have, there is one part number for the pre-98 cars which has male/female fittings, and one for the post-98 cars that has male/male fittings. WA2TUFF, I've got your lines coming this week, for some reason you have the earlier lines on your SVT, I'm not sure why but I'll send them out monday or tuesday, whenever I get them. For the rest of you that got rear lines from me, check them out, if they are wrong, let me know and I'll send you the other ones.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 06/08/04 02:18 AM
So far I've sold 5 or 6 sets. I was wondering for those of you who got lines, do the rears fit or are they incorrect. WA2TUFF had a problem with them which has been solved but I'm trying to determine if it was something wierd with his car or if my catalog is wrong. Please give me some feedback
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 06/13/04 10:49 PM
Does anyone else want kits or is this group buy closed...I've got 4 sets of non-SVT front rotors left and 3 sets of SVT rotors...does anyone want them?
Posted By: Wildmatt CSVT Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 06/13/04 11:50 PM
Do you have enough stuff left to make another svt Mini kit? I'm interested. Price is $350 with shipping?
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 06/14/04 02:01 AM
Price is $350 PLUS shipping. I just ran out of Axxis Metal Masters for the rear, I have Axxis Deluxe. They are more than enough for the rear of the car and less dust. I've got a few more sets of lines...check your rear lines before you order and let me know if they have a male/male or male/female fittings so I get you the right ones. Nobody but WA2TUFF has given me any feedback at all on this so I have no idea if the lines that I'm sending out are working for people or not. Let me know about your lines and we'll be good to go.
Posted By: patman Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 06/17/04 08:23 PM
DOES ANYONE ELSE (who showed interest in the beginning)WANT TO BUY SLOTTED ROTORS? I've got a stack of them in my shop that I spent a bunch of money on and they've been sitting there for over a month.....anybody?????
Posted By: Asterion76_dup1 Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 06/18/04 05:32 PM
I am tring to get some money together I am in need of these brakes. Thanks for your patience. Things are a we bit tight right now. I hope to have them paid for and shipped by next Friday.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: GB on slotted rotors sets - 06/21/04 11:29 PM
Hey Pat, the second set of rear s/s lines fit perfectly. Does this mean the rears on my car aren't stock or were the part numbers wrong? Everything looks normal. Car has never been wrecked or upgraded so no reason to replace with something different. Anyway, thanks for handling this for me. Your concern and customer service was super. No problems at all on my end. Thanks, Tom
Posted By: patman GROUP BUY CLOSED - 06/26/04 03:11 AM
This group buy is closed due to a lot of commitments and nobody buying anything. All the remaining parts have been disposed of.
Posted By: Asterion76_dup1 Re: GROUP BUY CLOSED - 07/01/04 06:49 PM
Patman
I am sorry I was not able to participate in the group buy. In the past few weeks money has become extremely tight. This is just my luck. I had money set aside for you one day and within 24 hours an emergency came up. Nevertheless I hope that you were able to make some good contacts and sell a lot of product. You will be the one I call when I can get back on my feet to get my brakes up to par.
Thank you for your patience.
Asterion76@aol.com
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: GROUP BUY CLOSED - 07/01/04 06:57 PM
Nooo...CEG doesn't do that! :-)

This group buy is closed due to a lot of commitments and nobody buying anything. All the remaining parts have been disposed of.

Posted By: patman Re: GROUP BUY CLOSED - 07/02/04 02:24 AM
I've come to realize the truth of what you just said....wish someone would've warned me, I wouldn't have bought so many rotors. And especially after grilling me so hard the first couple of day...thats not right
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: GROUP BUY CLOSED - 07/02/04 06:17 AM
I thought I DID warn you.

BTW, as of yesterday, lines, rotors & pads are on- no problems whatsoever.

Followed your bed-in procedure & everything stops as it should. Nice firm pedal fell with the SS lines....

Sorry, no pics, though.
Posted By: perry_dup1 Re: GROUP BUY CLOSED - 07/02/04 07:06 AM

Quote:

Geeeez...you guys are a bit hard on the newbies. I went ahead and bought all the overstock because I couldn't pass up the deal and ONE brave soul emailed me with interest.

You bought before you had commitments. Don't blame us.

Locking thread since you say the GB is closed.
© CEG Archives