Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 1sweetride pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/09/04 07:02 PM
The first hood is finally done. The problem is since my car was stolen we need another person in the California area who has already paid there deposit to go there and try the hood on for fitment. Anyone who can do this please either contact me or Rob at www.zxtuner.com

Thank you
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/10/04 04:38 AM
Sweeet, somebody get out there and test fit it soon PLEASE.
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/10/04 05:07 AM
can i? i am only about 2000 miles away.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/10/04 09:32 PM
I got a bill through snail mail today saying the hoods are ready to ship and once I send payment, shipment will be scheduled. So if it takes a month to find a test car, will it be over a month before it's shipped,,, or will I end up being the test car on the other side of the country?
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/10/04 09:37 PM
omg this is so sweet. Someone get their car to him for a test fitment! Don't make me drive all the way from Michigan :P
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/11/04 01:42 AM
hurry hurry hurry
im heading over there saturday... Will take my digi cam to get some pics.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/11/04 02:56 AM
PRAISE THE LORD ABOVE!!

Now lets hope fitment is good so they dont have to redo it... I'm an optimist.... I'm an optimist... I'm an optimist...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/11/04 04:12 AM
Thank you thank you thank you.
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Thank you thank you thank you.

Ditto!!

LOL! I was just checking my paypal account. My deposit went in on March 25th, 2003. Ya gotta love the CEG.

Now I just need my tax check. C'mon IRS!!! I want my hood!!

Now lets start bugging DJ about morettes for our Pre-98s!

BP
Posted By: JrodCSVT3258 Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/12/04 03:41 PM
hey man I really need a cf hood so someone hurry up and get the fitment checked I am reeally interested in the making of this cf hood and I want to notified when you are taking orders thanks jarrod email me back at jarrod.fowler@nichols.edu
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/12/04 05:16 PM
Well I know someone is stopping by there tomorrow morning to check fitment. Rob is taking orders at any time I beleive, so email him at zxtuner@hotmail.com
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/14/04 04:03 AM
So how did the fitting go? Good? Bad? Update! I'm so excited...
Posted By: jevon3 Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/14/04 05:19 AM
how much are the hoods?
They look awesome, and the fit and finish is amazing. I'm trying to upload a couple of pics, but my server has other ideas....
Okay first off PLEASE excuse the dirtyness of my car, I'm going to wash it this week.

If you want to see them bigger look through my photo albums in my profile.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/15/04 11:09 AM
it'd be nice if you told use which album to look in

hows the fitment on this?
Posted By: jevon3 Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/15/04 12:10 PM
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/15/04 12:36 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, how much again?
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:

read my post before the pics......
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:

yeah, whats the quality like too? Is this just a one time deal or will these be for sale always now?
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/15/04 04:23 PM
If you still have the hood installed, can you snap some pics of the underside too?
Posted By: Pre98 Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/15/04 06:47 PM
I need a price

Will buy
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 03/15/04 10:36 PM
Does it bolt in as easy as the stock hood? Anyways, I'll be sending payment this week.
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 More Pre98 CF hood pix - 03/16/04 01:35 AM
The underneath is the same as stock, but I took a pic of it. It bolts on exactly the same as stock and it is very easy (just time consuming) to line it all up right....

Nice even panel gap.

Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: More Pre98 CF hood pix - 03/16/04 03:20 AM
That looks pretty good. So these are $400?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: More Pre98 CF hood pix - 03/16/04 04:15 AM
Just sent my payment... And you need to contact Rob if you weren't part of the GB and now want a hood, I'm not sure how many,if any that he'll be selling outside of the GB. My total was $418.99 shipped.
Posted By: e1flakedsvt Re: More Pre98 CF hood pix - 03/16/04 02:19 PM
$420 for a CF Hood is a real good deal! GO CEG!! :crazy:
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: More Pre98 CF hood pix - 03/16/04 02:23 PM
AWESOME. Thanks for the pics, now I'm so excited I can barely sleep
Posted By: IonNinja Re: More Pre98 CF hood pix - 03/16/04 09:51 PM
have you taken it on the freeway yet?

i noticed you don't have hood pins, it doesnt wobble at all?
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re: More Pre98 CF hood pix - 03/17/04 01:49 AM
I've had it up to 95mph so far. Its does move a little, I ordered some hood pins before I got the hood, but they didn't pass Girlfriend Approval Process (hmmm but then neither did the CF hood, she thinks it looks like its dirty..... silly girl). I hope to not have to install hood pins, I've done over 350 miles since I got it on saturday, most of that freeway, and have not noticed enough movement to worry me.....
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: More Pre98 CF hood pix - 03/19/04 10:56 PM
do i need to contact rob for further payment. the only thing i've sent in is the $100 down payment when the gb started
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: More Pre98 CF hood pix - 03/20/04 03:20 AM
The 100 was to guarantee your spot in the group buy price. Contact rob for future payment to recieve the hood.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: More Pre98 CF hood pix - 03/20/04 05:10 AM
Yeah, contact Rob. He mailed me a bill last week, but he may not have everyone else's information readily available, as I've ordered from him before.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: More Pre98 CF hood pix - 03/20/04 03:20 PM
I think word was these things where shipping out yesterday for those who've paid for them... or so I hear...
Posted By: 96contourZetec Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 03/23/04 11:56 PM
Hi,
I tried emailing rob at zxtuner but no response I would like to get one of these hoods they look great.Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Fred
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 03/24/04 04:09 AM
Try calling or emailing again.
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 03/27/04 01:18 PM
PAID
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 03/30/04 07:26 AM
My hood came in today. Greyhound sucks, they had it upside down when I got there and didn't even call to tell me it was in. Anyways, it's nice. Question: It says you have to use 6mm x 20mm bolts, though these instructions are general for a bunch of cars,, does it apply to our's?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/01/04 04:01 AM
I got it on. Still need to adjust it a good bit but it's on. Stayed on at 90mph as well.
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/01/04 04:07 AM
ive paid my $100 deposit but cannot afford the hood at this time, of anyone is interested in taking ym spot, please pm me
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/01/04 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Russell-3L:
ive paid my $100 deposit but cannot afford the hood at this time, of anyone is interested in taking ym spot, please pm me

I'd be interested but getting it to Canada seems like a real pain.

Sorry to hear about your car btw. That just plain sucked.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/02/04 02:57 PM
My hood has been sitting at the greyhound station waiting for me to pick it up, I can't wait! Then it's off to the body shop for painting on April19th (I bought a fiberglass hood so I could paint it). SO EXCITED.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 04/06/04 02:45 PM
I picked mine up from Greyhound saturday, looks good!! She goes in for fitment and painting in about 2 weeks (mine is fiberglass)

I just want to say thank you to Rob for his excellent customer service during all this. Despite the long developement time, Rob has done a great job with keeping us informed and all up to date during the shipping process. Thanks Rob!
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/06/04 02:53 PM

Posted By: jevon3 Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/08/04 01:45 PM

when does he need the rest of the money and when would i need to pay you back?

adrian
Posted By: johnnyblazed7697 Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 04/13/04 04:58 PM
will these hoods fit a 98.5 contour svt?
Posted By: Static Re: pre 98 carbon fiber hoods done - 04/13/04 05:03 PM
no the only work on 95 through 97... they make post 98 CF hoods though... there is a thread for them
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/14/04 02:33 AM
Originally posted by jevon3:

when does he need the rest of the money and when would i need to pay you back?

adrian

i believe they are available now

Posted By: m!key Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/14/04 02:35 AM
i might need one.
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/14/04 02:41 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
i might need one.

wanna take my spot??

the hood would make your already sweet car look even hotter!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/14/04 02:55 AM
i need one.

cough cough that looks better
Posted By: m!key Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/14/04 02:57 AM
hahahaaaaaaaa nice one. i need to see one in person.
Posted By: rkneeshaw My fiberglass version - 04/21/04 04:24 PM
Just got a call from the body shop, fitment isn't perfect, but it'll work. He said it was really waivy though Either I pay him big $$$ to have him try to sand it out, or deal with it. Unfortunately I haven't seen it in person, so I can't do much but pass on the info. But I will say this guy does AMAZING work and finds body imperfections I never would've caught so maybe it's not really THAT bad.... I hope.... I told him just to paint it up and make it look as good as possible.

I'll get pics Friday night when I get the car back for everyone interested.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: My fiberglass version - 04/22/04 02:59 AM
I have noticed a few small waves in the carbon fiber. But the clear coat is very smooth across the whole hood. The edges do have some slight white crap, I guess just how the clear coat was applied. Overall it's good and the price is good. And it's our only option.
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re: My fiberglass version - 04/22/04 03:50 AM
Well mine fits great, as close to perfect as I think we are going to get. Only a couple of minor imperfections in the finish(but I only notice them when washing the car.) It was suggested that I try rubbling a little vaseline on the white stuff on the edges.....
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: My fiberglass version - 04/22/04 04:04 AM
Mine fits OK, I'll probably tweak it more when I get some time. Everyone that sees thinks it fits fine,, and then they say, what other contour around here has a CF hood,, so yeah i guess it doesn't matter how great it fits. I just like to have things being setup as good as possible. I think the latch part was put in the wrong spot,, maybe Rob can get that changed on any future hoods.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: My fiberglass version - 04/22/04 07:55 PM
and none of you guys are running hood pins with these right?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: My fiberglass version - 04/22/04 08:57 PM
I'm not. I think they mess up the lines of the car. The hood does shake some at 90+ but nothing to worry about yet. I don't plan on speeding as much as I used to, I don't want another ticket. If I ever do get some, I'm getting locking hood pins (they sit flush with the hood) and removing the latch assembly and get the hood aligned better without it having to latch in the stock position.
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/25/04 03:25 PM
hahahaaaaaaaa nice one. i need to see one in person.

Bad news mike... I had my hood on for a couple hours and it fit great. It was about 80 degrees that one day I had it on. I took it off because it was going to get colder and I didn't want it to get wrecked. I went to put it on again yesterday and now it is warped... Fixable, but warped - I will leave it on now and see if it will settle itself. - JOE
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/25/04 05:27 PM
You can't have a carbon fiber hood on when it's under 80 degrees?
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/25/04 08:33 PM
I hope you are being sarcastic... here in wisconsin it will get below freezing during the night after a day of 80 degrees, and I am sure that the strength of the carbon fiber is compromized and lessened by the temperature change... - JOE
Posted By: m!key Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/25/04 08:58 PM
dont worry about kremit miss piggy sat on his head so he doesnt know what he is saying more than half of the time.

damn joe, that is a bad thing to hear. i still want to see it but if this is the way that they are made i dont want one.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/26/04 03:27 AM
dont worry about kremit miss piggy sat on his head so he doesnt know what he is saying more than half of the time.

A lot more than half the time.

I guess I'll never more up north,,, but really, will freezing temps mess up carbon fiber? It is just a fabric with an epoxy and it's clear coated like any other part of the car's body.
Posted By: m!key Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/26/04 03:47 AM
i dunno. my CF front bumper never moved around. i am a bit disappointed in this news.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/26/04 03:52 AM
i dunno. my CF front bumper never moved around. i am a bit disappointed in this news.

Is it possible that his did that because of removing it or something else.
Posted By: m!key Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/26/04 03:55 AM
i doubt joe would do anything to screw up the hood. he is seriously 4nal when it comes to his car. he would have treated that hood like a newborn baby. i read earlier that someone else had waves in their hood. that is 2 bad hoods right? 2 bad out of how many 3? does anyone have any more pics of the hoods? come on guys.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/26/04 04:16 AM
Mine has like these small little waves that only I notice and you gotta look real close. But it's not warped like he was saying and it fits. My only complaint is where the latch was put, it's definitely off and if it was right, it would be a lot easier to line the hood up right.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/26/04 01:27 PM
Ack, my car had to stay over the weekend at the shop, they weren't finished with it. I should have it today though, so pics tonight and uploaded by tomorrow morning.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/26/04 09:25 PM
Got the car back today, and its nice to see her shine again! The hood is a little wavy, but you don't really notice it a whole lot if you're not looking for it. I kept the pic real big so you can see the detail, and thus I'll link to it here. You'll notice in the reflection of the roofline there are waves and its not straight.

Other than that, fitment was pretty good though:

Here's a couple general pics:

Posted By: Ryno368 Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/27/04 01:19 PM
nice pic whoring lol

but that is not why i am leaving this reply. i just want to let you people know that i sent 1sweetride 347.00 last june for a deposit on a pre 98 kit and got a SVT and no longer needed the kit and he never gave my money back

just letting everyone know and not trying to make anyone worry if they did not get their money back or their product

on the other hand email me if you have had this problem with this guy i can help
Posted By: LinaBby Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/27/04 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Ryno368:
nice pic whoring lol

but that is not why i am leaving this reply. i just want to let you people know that i sent 1sweetride 347.00 last june for a deposit on a pre 98 kit and got a SVT and no longer needed the kit and he never gave my money back

just letting everyone know and not trying to make anyone worry if they did not get their money back or their product

on the other hand email me if you have had this problem with this guy i can help

You pulled out of a group buy that you already committed to? Didnt you send that money to hold your spot and then pulled out.. I seriously doubt hes trying to rip you off.. But to get that money back the group buy has to finish... In turn has to find someone who was willing to take your spot..
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/28/04 03:03 AM
oh really well i sent him the money directly and then like a week later told him i did not need the kit, i have also found other people this has happened too. answer this why would he tell me every 3 weeks that he will get the money next week for almost a year now and do you still see a GB for pre-98 kits by him?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 04/28/04 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Ryno368:
nice pic whoring lol

Wrong thread for this. This is a hood not a body kit. The hood is also being sold by Rob Green from zxtuner not 1sweetride. Money was never sent to 1sweetride for this hood. So once again, very wrong place to being posting about a body kit.
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 05/02/04 10:10 PM
i have to back out of the gb. i wrecked my car so if anyone wants a hood rob said you can send $100 my way for the deposit and the rest to him or just call him and pay the full amount and tell him you are taking my spot. that's the only way for me to get my deposit back is to have someone take my spot
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 05/03/04 01:16 AM
Originally posted by rkneeshaw:
Got the car back today, and its nice to see her shine again! The hood is a little wavy, but you don't really notice it a whole lot if you're not looking for it. I kept the pic real big so you can see the detail, and thus I'll link to it here. You'll notice in the reflection of the roofline there are waves and its not straight.

Other than that, fitment was pretty good though:

Here's a couple general pics:

Did you get a CF hood and paint it?
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: More Pre98 CF hoods *DELETED* - 05/03/04 03:03 AM
Post deleted by 1314
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 05/03/04 04:19 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Did you get a CF hood and paint it?

Danget, can't edit the above post. Anyway, no, I don't have a CF hood. CF can't be painted, but fiberglass can. Since the mold was made, Rob made me a fiberglass version. I didn't want unpainted show-finish CF because I don't want a black looking hood on my red car, would look like poop IMO.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 05/03/04 05:10 AM
CF cannot be painted...
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 05/03/04 12:52 PM
Nope. Not the show-finish that Rob was making anyway.
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 05/03/04 01:01 PM
yes it can....
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 05/03/04 05:09 PM
Thats not what Rob told me. He said the CF can't be painted.
Posted By: m!key Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 05/03/04 08:43 PM
yes it can. have any of you seen the CF micah bumpers for gods sake. they are all painted, or will soon be painted.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 05/03/04 09:07 PM
Well thats what I thought, but Rob told me otherwise. Maybe because his hoods have the show-finish to the CF? I have no idea
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 05/03/04 09:15 PM
yes it can. have any of you seen the CF micah bumpers for gods sake. they are all painted, or will soon be painted.

The micah bumpers are not show finish. The hoods are and while yes they can be painted, it would cost a lot more to prep it than it does to prep a fiberglass hood or a non-show finish CF hood.

Anyways, a CF hood looks great on a t-red car. EVERYONE likes my hood, from car enthusiasts (including ricers and real muscle car owners) to just regular folk like my assistant manager, mom, brother, step-mom,etc. I have had only one person say she doesn't think it's looks right, but she doesn't think cars should be more than one color, so even before the hood I guess she thought my car didn't look right.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 05/03/04 09:54 PM
You can still put another clear coat on the CF especially if it has a color to it, helps blend the CF to the rest of the car.
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 05/03/04 11:40 PM
Im going to paint about 1/4 of my CF hood, when I actually have the money... I'm so tired of driving around in a car that is 5 different colours..... Well at least they don't clash with eachother I guess....
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 05/23/04 05:37 AM
http://www.contour.org/carprofile/carprofile.php?a=display&uid=1556

Posted By: BaBySHO419 Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 05/23/04 05:52 AM
**Droolin like a dog**

Very very nice!

I would love to have one.
Posted By: Timmy7878 Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 05/28/04 04:50 PM
So are these still availible from zxtuner
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 05/28/04 06:28 PM
I'm pretty sure they are, now that the mold is made.
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: More Pre98 CF hoods - 05/29/04 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Timmy7878:
So are these still availible from zxtuner

i paid the deposit a while ago, but cannot afford the hood, you can take my spot, pm me if interested
© CEG Archives