Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: carbonwerks C/F Hood with Vett scoop by carbon-werks - 03/06/04 08:15 PM
carbon-werks is not a mess merchant who sells a large quantity of after market fender for honda accord or toyota camry. We fabricate quality goods in custom job base. Fortunately, brett has hired us to do custom job for this project. carbon-werks will do whatever it takes to satisfy your needs and more. We know that we may not satisfy all people but we will surly try to meet the standard. We will always be here to take not only compliments but also complaints and other issues to assist you people in any way.

Perhaps there is any concern and question about this project, please feel free to post so that i may assist you with a solution.

To begin with i'll gather definite buyers. we basically know what we are getting. the only question at this point is if we are capable of furnishing this good. Therefore, the payment will be collected after the completion of the mold. However, i need to know how many serious participants are out there to support this project besides Brett so that i may assist you better.

Definite buyers

highly interested

Problem due to financial issue.

Okay people, Let's get this rolling. the sooner you guys participate, the sooner we are going to complete this project. Remember, there will be more to come as long as there are enough demands for carbon-werks service.

thank you....
Posted By: Stoobie Re: C/F Hood with Vett scoop by carbon-werks - 03/06/04 08:55 PM
Originally posted by carbonwerks:

Definite buyers

1.Stuart King

highly interested

Okay people, Let's get this rolling. the sooner you guys participate, the sooner we are going to complete this project. Remember, there will be more to come as long as there are enough demands for carbon-werks service.

thank you....

Originally posted by STU:

Definite buyers

1.Stuart King

highly interested

1.KarlosSVT

thank you....

Posted By: wa2tuff Re: C/F Hood with Vett scoop by carbon-werks - 03/06/04 09:59 PM
Price????????? How about pix of other jobs?
The price will be 600 plus shipping.

the most recent work that i've completed below. It is vehicross hood insert mold.
[/image]
[/image]
[/image]
[/image]

If you want more to check out our capability there are plenty more. You can also check gallery section at www.carbon-werks.com
I am highly interested in a vented hood although not sure of the cowl look on the Tour'....

I'm more interested in an oem style with vent slits, or openings on both sides of the hood.

Still intersted though.
The cowl will look nice. It will flow well with the lines of the Contour. Don't think mustang. Think c5 corvette. Thats what were trying to go for. It will be open on the back for good air flow through the grill and out. The oem style is available. Check the other thread
Originally posted by STU:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definite buyers

1.Stuart King

highly interested

1.KarlosSVT
2.svtim

thank you....

is it going to be extra to get the washer holes and hood pin holes pre drilled
Posted By: I8RICE Re: C/F Hood with Vett scoop by carbon-werks - 03/08/04 01:29 PM
Definite buyers

1.Stuart King

highly interested

1.KarlosSVT
2.svtim
3.I8RICE

thank you....
washer whole is not a problem, but hood pin is seperate.
i am interested but i dont know how high on my list of priorities this would be....p.s. what would it cost to have the hood pin holes drilled?
i don't think it should cost you any more than $20. however, i think you could do it yourself with simple tools like drill or dremel. I know that hood pin run any where from 10 to 20.
Originally posted by I8RICE:
Definite buyers

1.Stuart King
2.KarlosSVT

highly interested

2.svtim
1.3.I8RICE

thank you....

I'm definately in-----A
i'm too broke to even be commenting on this at the moment BUT...

I think it would peak interest if you provided a pic of the look you were going for...you said, think C5 right? Well a pic of a C5 with the hood you're aimin for would help out alot.

just a suggestion.
ditto i want to see a pic i was waiting on the other thread but it is here now
Posted By: m!key Re: C/F Hood with Vett scoop by carbon-werks - 03/10/04 12:02 AM

the c5 corvette hood is more just like a couple of rises in the hood. it doesnt have so much of a cowl.
is this the car
Originally posted by mikey boy:
:img:VetteHood:img:

the c5 corvette hood is more just like a couple of rises in the hood. it doesnt have so much of a cowl.

I gotta say , that looks pretty cool. But no price listed.

*EDIT* Didnt see custom bumper , that may change things when its a stock SVT bumper.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: C/F Hood with Vett scoop by carbon-werks - 03/11/04 01:21 AM
That hood will only give a little more clearance.. Won't due anything for performance, other than it will be lightweight.. I was kinda thinking it would have more of a cowl to it so more air could escape through the back..

Mark

Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
That hood will only give a little more clearance.. Won't due anything for performance, other than it will be lightweight.. I was kinda thinking it would have more of a cowl to it so more air could escape through the back..

Mark

Originally posted by livinsvt:
Originally posted by Chris Hightower:
What kind of raise are we talking about for the cowl hood?

Chris were looking at a 2.5"-3" cowl. Any more wouldn't look right. I'll hopefully no pretty soon. Do fill us in though .

Originally posted by DimitriPopov:

I gotta say , that looks pretty cool. But no price listed.

The price will be 600 plus shipping

so are we still talking bout a 2 inch raise or maybe not?

were looking at a 2.5"-3" cowl .

that sounds cool i really want to vent my filter and have somethin orginal almost convinced. now i will wait on a pic and test fit. any ideal on a time frame for that
Posted By: Barge Re: C/F Hood with Vett scoop by carbon-werks - 03/11/04 02:09 PM
Just a little note that air usually won't escape out of the back of a cowl hood. The whole idea behind a cowl hood is to use the high pressure area that builds at the bottom of the windshield to ram air into the cowl.
Originally posted by SVT Barge:
Just a little note that air usually won't escape out of the back of a cowl hood. The whole idea behind a cowl hood is to use the high pressure area that builds at the bottom of the windshield to ram air into the cowl.

Thank you!!!

That is correct...that is why the Cowl Induction hood is the most popular hood for muscle cars to date by far. The '68-'69 Z28, '70-'72 Chevelle SS were 1st to use the cowl induction hood. The Chevelle SS introduced the vacuum actuated rear flap on the top of the hood to open under hard acceleration. Both cars had open top air cleaners with foam isolators making a seal between the hood and air cleaner keeping the open portion in the raised cowl section getting cold air only from hood opening at the base of the windshield. It will however blow cold air in during driving conditions and allow the hot air to escape while sitting still on our cars since the air is not routed to a sealed intake system.

Scott
It should still work real well for a coolling effect. Throwing vents in the hood realy doesnt do much in some cases, depends on how there louvered. Most of the time there is no way to push out the stagenet air. May work good when stopped.
I'd LOVE the cowl hood with two sets of angled louvers...one on each side of the cowl. The louvers should be over the intake on the driver side and same location in hood on the passenger side as well. With a heat shield sealed to the hood it would be perfect at pulling in cool outside air to the intake. The one on the opposite side would be more for looks and would also let some hot air escape during driving.

This hood would be a definite for me...I will pay now!!! It is exactly what I have wanted ever since I purchased my car!

Scott
Originally posted by scottd60:
I'd LOVE the cowl hood with two sets of angled louvers...one on each side of the cowl. The louvers should be over the intake on the driver side and same location in hood on the passenger side as well. With a heat shield sealed to the hood it would be perfect at pulling in cool outside air to the intake. The one on the opposite side would be more for looks and would also let some hot air escape during driving.

This hood would be a definite for me...I will pay now!!! It is exactly what I have wanted ever since I purchased my car!

Scott

Thats what I wanted to do as well. But more work means more money and no one is going to pay more than the $600 for this hood. So far no one has put down a deposit yet, so this whole idea may get scraped, cut our loses while we are ahead.
Ok people. Lets try to get this rolling. I need to collect at least 5 deposits of $100 to get this rolling. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the hood or it doesn't get produced, than you can a: get your money refunded, b: use the money towards carbon fiber sail panels, or c: use it towards the oem hood. If you definitly are going to buy one or the other I suggest you jump in now so your oppurtunity for both isn't lost. Both hoods may not be available after this buy now, due to the lack of enthusiasm. Please PM me or post here with relevant questions or concerns. Thank you

Email- BP.Powell@comcast.net
Count me in on the deposit for the cowl hood. I only live half an hour away from Carbonwerks, so I could even do a test fit, If needed.
I want to see a test fit , but I most likely wouldnt have the money anyway. I am currently working on paying off my debt due to this car ASAP.
I want to see a test fit , but I most likely wouldnt have the money anyway. I am currently working on paying off my debt due to this car ASAP.

For fitment pics look under the oem hood thread. It fit perfect.

For fitment pics look under the oem hood thread. It fit perfect.

Looks good , but I was talking actual pics of this hood. But I dont want you to take me wrong , or expect me as a customer (i.e. Dont want to dissapoint anyone). Because I simply dont have the money (pending debt) , I do think its a very nice product though.
Its on delay until we get enough support. Lack of enthusiasm for other products has lead us to that. But I think we may be able to pull it off.
Brett,

The problem here is still the same...I am very interested but without a picture of the hood or a good photo chop it is hard to commit. I have nearly $100 tied up in another GB that has been going on for 9+ months (indiglo GB ) plus the after seeing the other CF hood GB go on for over a year it tends to make people a little hesitant. Verbal descriptions donā??t get it when you are spending $600. Even a good hand drawn picture of the hood with the cowl would help. Iā??m sure the guys at Carbonworks arenā??t just winging it? They must have some drawings of what they are creating.

Scott
Scott I totaly understand. If you remeber back a month or so ago, I listed a link to VIS racing. Go there and click on the corvette c5 hood that has a slight cowl. Thats what I am aiming for. I am not going to post the link again or picture because we are not assosiated with them at all and some people got confused. As you can see our turn around is great, this would have been already completed had we not jumped into doing a oem hood without intrest checking. We thought we mine as well make them before we hack up the demo hood to make the cowl. But like I said this is totaly refundable. I was able to cover some of the costs for both hoods thats why I am only asking for $100. Thank you.
For those wondering here is the paypal link.

jkim@carbonwerks.com - please not if your paying for OEM HOOD, SCOOPED HOOD, OR SAIL PANELS PLEASE
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: C/F Hood with Vett scoop by carbon-werks - 03/13/04 05:34 PM
Brett,

The problem here is still the same...I am very interested but without a picture of the hood or a good photo chop it is hard to commit. I have nearly $100 tied up in another GB that has been going on for 9+ months (indiglo GB ) plus the after seeing the other CF hood GB go on for over a year it tends to make people a little hesitant. Verbal descriptions donā??t get it when you are spending $600. Even a good hand drawn picture of the hood with the cowl would help. Iā??m sure the guys at Carbonworks arenā??t just winging it? They must have some drawings of what they are creating.

Scott

I'm in the same boat with the other GB. And even a drawing would be great. While the pic from Mikey boy is OK, it still doesn't give that good an idea of what the cowl will look like. A little help here could mean all the difference. I'm willing to spend the cash but I need to see more. Maybe someone else can come up with a better chop. Sorry
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Brett,

Scott

I'm in the same boat with the other GB. And even a drawing would be great. While the pic from Mikey boy is OK, it still doesn't give that good an idea of what the cowl will look like. A little help here could mean all the difference. I'm willing to spend the cash but I need to see more. Maybe someone else can come up with a better chop. Sorry

Remember guys,,,,

This is a custom job. I am not selling a finished product. this job was taken cause brett was enthuastic enough to come out with the partial deposit of mold cost. I also beleive that there were some interest and poll thread about what design you people wanted.

If you guys want or i should say brett orders the scoop to be 2 inch hieght or 3 inch hight that is what its going to look like. Once again it is a custome job. If you want this to be done in certain way, i suggest that you dicuss with brett and come out with agreement or conclusion and that is what i'll do.

And when you guys talk about having or had experience about getting burn out, I totally understand. However, i got burn out by many customers as well. That is main reason why i do custom job only if possible. you see, i am not going to mention what forums but.......

At the beginning there was a great interest with c/f work at this certain forum. Many people indicated that they will buy as soon as it gets done. I complete the project and most people back out when its time to reach their wallet to pay. I had many experiences like these.

You see people, At least you guys can claim to paypal for whatever reason or call your credit card company and file claim. I do not have that kind of option.

Perhaps this scoop project gets completed and people back out who's loss is that?

If you have not noticed, i am located in LA, CA. My address is on my website. Test fit had been done. I have capability to finish this project. Check out my website for previous jobs that we done at Gallery section. What more do you need?

Perhaps you are concern about what its going to look like, is there anyone who has capability with photoshop to come out with this photo. I beleive that is lot better solution at this point. And this method was commonly used with some other customers that i dealt with.....
I think what these people are getting at is that a photoshop is not good enough...one person in photoshop can make a hood look like complete sh!t and the other can make it look like the baddest thing to ever hit the forums.

Being here I have noticed, people want a finished product...if you don't have that then people wont commit...thats why you have 935309353 posts asking for pics.

Create one hood, show people and then you will get interest.

Sucks for you but thats how things work around here IMO...plus if u don't get the buyers u wanted. Put the sh!t on ebay, its bound to sell...not everyone knows about CEG.
Sorry fellas,

I'm going to have to back out of this one. I got offered a carbon fiber, OEM style hood elsewhere for a smokin' price.

If it's any consolation to the organizers, I'll gladly buy some CF sail panels to match my new hood. Are those available for pick-up at carbonwerks, or do I order them?

Good luck with this, guys.
Posted By: m!key Re: C/F Hood with Vett scoop by carbon-werks - 03/16/04 04:19 AM
i can make anything you want with photoshop just look around the forums. the thing is that you are going to get people interested in purchasing your products because of work that a photoshopper would be doing. i think that person should be compensated for the work that they do to sell your product. it is only fair.
What's going on with the OEM style?
Originally posted by LoCo:
What's going on with the OEM style?

Still accepting payments. Just recived another today. I thought I sent you a pm. I will send another
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: C/F Hood with Vett scoop by carbon-werks - 03/16/04 11:07 PM
I can understand your position--to a point--of money, people backing out of GB's, etc,etc,etc BUT if you can make carbon fiber door panels--with no interest shown--why can't you do the cowl hood where you do have considerable interest shown? I, for one, am very interested and have the money, but unfortunately, I'm not ready to put a deposit on something I can't see. And as was said before, if everyone falls through, which shouldn't happen if it looks good, sell it on ebay.
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
I can understand your position--to a point--of money, people backing out of GB's, etc,etc,etc BUT if you can make carbon fiber door panels--with no interest shown--why can't you do the cowl hood where you do have considerable interest shown? I, for one, am very interested and have the money, but unfortunately, I'm not ready to put a deposit on something I can't see. And as was said before, if everyone falls through, which shouldn't happen if it looks good, sell it on ebay.

The door panels are in intrest check item. Says so right in the thread. Mikey I appreceaite your offer, I may take you up on it, but what do you consider a reasonable exchange. I realy am not in to shelling out any cash, as I already have enough tied into this. Besides the photochop may not even come close to what we want. I think people have a good enough imagination to get a good idea. I do .
Those who are serious will put down the deposit. I pm'ed most of you explaining the agreement. The deposit is 100% refundable. Either way I will still have my hood
Here is the paypal info again. Thank you

jkim@carbon-werks.com
Definite buyers

1. Stuart King- paid $100 deposit 3/16

Posted By: wa2tuff Re: C/F Hood with Vett scoop by carbon-werks - 03/17/04 06:07 PM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
i can make anything you want with photoshop just look around the forums. the thing is that you are going to get people interested in purchasing your products because of work that a photoshopper would be doing. i think that person should be compensated for the work that they do to sell your product. it is only fair.

Help us out here, Mikey boy. I'd really like to see how this would look. And you're right, I think if people could see the product, they'd be much more apt to buy. I would.
I'm interested in the CF hood with scoops, but like some others I'm reluctant to put down money sight unseen. After all, that's why catalogs or websites have pics of the product.

Posted By: svt4b Re: C/F Hood with Vett scoop by carbon-werks - 03/23/04 02:54 AM
id be down to put $100 in to hold the C5 style CFhood as long as it comes out similar to the photochop.
© CEG Archives