Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 03/05/04 04:49 PM
Well the GB is over but due to the fact there wasnt as many people as mentioned I have some bumpers left over I would like to sell. the good news is, they are already made, just waiting on getting shipped. price is 450 shipped if there are four people interested please let me know

Micah
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 03/05/04 05:58 PM
very interested, but if there is gona another GB in the near future i would rather wait.
just the whole Kaotic thing missed me up. if i'm getting my money back any time woon i will pick up one of the bumpers right now. if not i will have to wait for my income tax return.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 03/05/04 07:22 PM
Well I picked up mione last night and just want to say the bumper is really nice and I can't wait to get it painted and on my car. I think anyone who gets one of these last 4 bumpers will be most impressed with the apearance when it is on their car. They really set off the rest of the SVT ground effects. Thanks Again Micah for having made this happen.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 03/09/04 04:06 PM
ttt
Posted By: Midnight_dup1 Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 03/10/04 05:45 PM
How long do i have to let you know?
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 03/10/04 09:53 PM
really depends on how many people buy before you. I have 2 sold already, if you are serious about one I would suggest putting your name in and letting me know when you can pay
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 03/11/04 02:29 AM
i so wanna get another one and have a mirko molded on for shows. switch it back to the oen i have now for daily drivign and use the one with the mirko for shows. but i cant right now i dont have the money, DAmn
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 03/11/04 06:31 AM
previous owners, or purchasers will get a good discount
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 03/12/04 05:52 PM
ttt and some more ttt
Posted By: m!key Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 03/13/04 02:09 AM
how much for repeat customers again. PM me.
Posted By: zrated_dup1 Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 04/24/04 05:22 AM
I sure hope you have one left for me!
I just crashed my car and the front bumper is toast!
PM me and let me know, I would like to get it shipped a.s.a.p. if you still have one.
Thanks
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 04/25/04 03:22 PM
micah bumpers are garbage
Originally posted by blu_fuz:

what do you mean?
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 04/26/04 04:07 AM
..Actually.. the Micah front bumper is the only aftermarket one I'd buy.. it's too bad the guy got burned on his GB. I'd KILL absolutely KILL to be able to afford one and have it painted. I saw a recent install on a pre 98 Midnight Red Contour Just like mine and I can only dream now..no more left
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 04/26/04 04:22 AM
I'm more then happy with mine. Not happy with the paint shop but that is another story. Rather harsh slamming from you Blu Fuz as your bumper is proudly on display in the pre98 bumper site and looks great from what I can tell. Thanks for snapping on my car though. Really appreciated.
Posted By: Static Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 04/26/04 03:40 PM
Originally posted by blu_fuz:

agreed
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 04/26/04 04:40 PM
My car should be removed from Micah's site because I have a urethane bumper now because of the poor quality of the carbon fiber one. If you have ever had one you would be sooo dissapointed in the quality you would want to cry.... but then you would keep telling yourself and everyone else, "this is the only aftermarket pre98 svt front end so I really have no other option!" WRONG! Get two molded together and painted - $500 to get molded and painted and all you need is the stock bumper and a broken svt bumper($125?) - it doesn't even have to be a bumper in really good condition because it will be refurbished anyway.

for about $650 you can have all the clips, mounting points, foglights, grille, URETHANE, no drilling, JUST BOLT IT ON! - the headache you will get with the micah bumper is out of control - give it a shot, but I am speaking from experience. - JOE
Posted By: Batmobile_dup1 Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 04/26/04 05:41 PM
wow, $500 for molding? Where is this? I went to 2 places to have an SVT bumper molded to my Mystique front and they wanted $900 and $1100 plus the cost of the bumper which i don't have yet.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 04/26/04 07:46 PM
this post should be closed...micah hasnt needed to post here in over a month...this is the group buy forum not a bashing forum...if the post has served its intended need (to sell leftover bumpers) it should be locked or deleted
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 04/26/04 08:08 PM
Agree. If someone has something bad to say about his bumpers, take it to another forum.

This stays up until Micah is done with his bumpers or tells me he wants it closed.
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 05/02/04 10:22 AM
So are they all gone? For good?
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 10/30/04 06:41 PM
sorry to bring this thread back but did the other 3 people get their bumpers yet, cuz i'm still waiting for mine.
does anyone have any contact info for micah other than his email because he is not replying to pre98@trudellbio.com
i'm starting to fell like i'm $450 out of my pocket
Posted By: TjZ Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 10/30/04 07:16 PM
pre 98 anyone have 98+
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 11/01/04 04:27 PM
[sorry to bring this thread back but did the other 3 people get their bumpers yet, cuz i'm still waiting for mine.
does anyone have any contact info for micah other than his email because he is not replying to pre98@trudellbio.com
i'm starting to fell like i'm $450 out of my pocket]

yeah, i know where he lives!!!!!

Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 11/01/04 04:29 PM
i wouldnt say that they are garbadge, you'll def. need to do some work before you can even have it painted, but when its done its worth it
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 11/01/04 08:25 PM
i got no problem doing any work on the bumper before installation, that is expected on most bodykits.
if you guys don't want to give me his info, but if you talk to him can you please remind him about me.
Posted By: bmxcontour Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 11/03/04 01:44 PM
the bumpers are not worth more than $100. i have had 3 of them. how did i manage to have 2 different bumpers in my possession, mind you i was never in the ORIGINAL GB, before people on the original GB had theirs? welcome to doing business with shitworks inc. i now have mikeyboy's original bumper and it still is a POS.

Ben
Posted By: Static Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 11/03/04 03:53 PM
they are [censored]
Here you go... micah@liquid-computers.com

I hate to tell you but I got one of the last ones and it looks like CRAP. For $450 I expected to get a finished product. I am guessing that it will need at least $300 worth of work to get it to a usable condition.

Also, it took Micah 5 months to ship my bumper after I paid him. Absolutely ridiculous.

If you don't get a response from him at that address you may have to go to court to get your money back.

I'll have to post some pics of mine. It is amazingly craptastic.

HTH,
BP
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 11/16/04 07:34 AM
yeah, my buddy has one...total garbage
Posted By: bmxcontour Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 12/01/04 03:35 PM
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
It is amazingly craptastic.

i just had my whole car repainted and my body guy put over 40 hours alone into the front bumper. good thing i didn't pay him by the hour.

Ben
Posted By: Static Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 12/02/04 06:42 AM
I did the body work on mine myself and it took me a couple of days and about 100 bucks worth of stuff... these are the biggest peices of [censored] that has ever been sold on these boards. just thinking about it makes me want to walk up to micah and beat the ever living [censored] out of the [censored] bastard
Posted By: carraudio Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 12/02/04 02:01 PM
I am looking into gettimg a 95SE but I wanted on of these bumpers. I think I would be better off getting an SVT bumper and making my own if they need that much work.
Posted By: carraudio Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 01/04/05 10:52 PM
Well I got a great deal on this bumper. I see what you mean buy it needs work but I don't think it is as bad as you all make it sound. I don't know who the body man was that spent 40 hours working on the bumper (was he blind?) I think I could have it mounted and ready to paint in less the 5 hours and I'm not a body guy.
Posted By: Static Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 01/06/05 03:25 AM
your smoking something if you think you can have it ready for paint in 5 hrs
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 01/06/05 03:34 AM
5 if he rushes it but between all of the triming the fog light holes etc,filling in all of the tiny pin holes....some of which you may not find until the paint is applied(found out) filling in the bigger holes,and from alomst three years of experience with the bumper reinforce the wheel well area as well as the bottom side,as it sits a little lower than the true svt bumper its is very prone to rubbing,and after awhile right through the bumper. But once its done it looks very good and isnt that ricey overkill like the survivor kit
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 01/06/05 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Static:
I did the body work on mine myself and it took me a couple of days and about 100 bucks worth of stuff... these are the biggest peices of [censored] that has ever been sold on these boards. just thinking about it makes me want to walk up to micah and beat the ever living [censored] out of the [censored] bastard

i met him when i picked mine up, he really isnt that bad of a person i just think that whoever he paid to make these did a horrible job and he was stuck to sell them....if they were half the price i would buy another one just in case [censored]..........!!!!
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 01/08/05 02:22 AM
micah was a nice guy, he really got dicked around on this group buy. i was in the very first one and it took 14 months or so for us to get our bumpers. between the company messing up time and time again, and then people bailing on the group buy leaving him to be responsible for the debt. he had to sell lots of his personal belongings just to pay for the bumpers. in the end, he was out lots of money, and didnt even to get a bumper either. i feel sorry for someone who was so willing to help others, then when things went bad, he got dumped on. espically for the quality of the bumpers, i knew when he told us they would need work, that they would need work. i even sent him my old bumper and hood off my car so he could see the bumper and fiberglas hood he had to me.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 01/08/05 02:31 AM
i know he had to sell his bumper...cause i'm the one who bought it..i drove like 2 hours to his house he helped me take my old one off line of the new one he drilled the holes for it trimmed out both fog lights....did you buy the fiberglass hood from him??? i tried like hell to get him to sell it to me...its hard to believe he had a fiberglass hood way back then then and it took forever to get a company to make them for us...it's to bad people knock him like that....i didnt know he had to sell his stuff?? did he get rid of his car?? it was pretty nice
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 01/08/05 02:33 AM
by the way what is the website for these bumper isnt it like pre98????? a little help here
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 01/08/05 02:41 AM
in the first group buy he had to sell some computers of his, and some other personal things, while having trouble with a vehicle he had and not being able to drive his car because it was in the shop. And yes i bought his fiberglass hood a few years ago, to try and help him out alil. That was made better than the bumpers, and it was a one-off.

hood and bumper before prep work and paint.

after
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Left Over Pre98 Svt Front Bumpers - 01/08/05 01:58 PM
i was just gonna say that when i saw his hood it was white....it was just sitting in his garage i begged him to sell it to me....i guess its a good thing he didnt cause i like my carbon fiber one much better
© CEG Archives