Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
i have the price and order link below. its even better than i thought. these guys are hooking us up so please order so i or ceg dont look stupid. if you read the other thread i will have updated pics of the final svt logo but it'll look like the one thats posted but the t will touch the v as it should be (so use your imagination or look at the back of your cars).

Contour/Cougar 4pc racing pedal set with Polished Finish - Only $59
Contour/Cougar 4pc racing pedal set with Matte Finish - Only $69

...plus FREE shipping to US & Canada!

Here's the order link:
order form

****we are offering this one low price only until March 19th. This will avoid a tiered pricing model to make things simpler on everyone. However, this will still be group buy format which means we will collect the money (via paypal) until March 19th. That Friday I will put in the batch order. Everyone who gets in should have their pedals by March 26th. Note: we will try very hard to start shipping pedals BEFORE March 19th for early bird orders, but we can not guarantee this since we have no inventory for these brand new pedals.

pls let me know if you have any questions about this. i dont see why we shouldnt get at least 15 orders in.

this is $69 SHIPPED. please post once you order so i can keep track of the # of orders. thanks guys.

i'm working on another group buy for something that i want and that people have shown interest in in the past.

I think you forgot the link?
brapple, i did ask about the se sport logo, if i can get the logo they might be able to still add it to the group buy. would be nice if a few more se's were interested
ordered, SVT Matte finish. . .shipping to Houston

Suneil
Done!

Ordered, SVT Matte finish. . .shipping to Eldersburg, MD

Thanks,
Scott
Originally posted by hmouta:
if you read the other thread i will have updated pics of the final svt logo but it'll look like the one thats posted but the t will touch the v as it should be (so use your imagination or look at the back of your cars).

Still waiting on pics of the final version............
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
if you read the other thread i will have updated pics of the final svt logo but it'll look like the one thats posted but the t will touch the v as it should be (so use your imagination or look at the back of your cars).

Still waiting on pics of the final version............

fair enough but it will be practically identical. they are simply moving the t to the left to touch the v and it'll be centered. but i will get the pic when they have it available which is gonna take about a week
Can they ship through USPS?
I sent in my payment for a polished set of SVT pedals.
i think they are shipped thru usps. the first set i got came post office. i emailed them to ask.
chris your in canada too. did the checkout say the shipping service?
including me, total orders: 4
I just put in my order.
I'm in as well, they look like a nice pedal set which include the deal pedal. You can't buy a set like this at such a good price, plus you can't go wrong with free shipping. Blank polished pedals for me.
Ordered SVT pedals in matte finish.
chris your in canada too. did the checkout say the shipping service?

No it did not, but I requested to send via US mail. This way, brokerage and some of the cross border fees are eliminated.
brapple, i did ask about the se sport logo, if i can get the logo they might be able to still add it to the group buy. would be nice if a few more se's were interested

I will take some photos this afternoon when I get home and post a link to them

I am not sure if I will be in or not, will have to see
just ordered svt polished

total=8
Bought mine. SVT Matte, sent to NE Ohio!!!
9 total ordered.

i got an email after my order that they are being shipped usps and we'll get a tracking# once they ship. so i'd say canada is usps too.
Just ordered...

morbid..........4 pedal-plain-matte

total = 9 (?)
10 orders. this is great. thanks for putting in the orders so quickly to show autovation they didnt waste their time.

and usps is the carriers for all orders including canada
Ordered 4-pedal set, SVT matte finish. I think that makes 11. Thanks for your efforts arranging this group buy.
Ordered!
Just ordered my set of matte SVT logo pedals. Thanks.

order placed! sweet!! my first mod i think the mod bug has just taken its first bite...

thanks for setting up this great deal hmouta!

Any chance of getting just the dead pedal? I already have the rest of the set from last summer.
Stupid question, are these attached over top of the existing pedals or are the stock pedals removed first? I know it says the gas pedal is not but what about the others?
as far as i know, they are only selling these as sets. if you bought a pedal set from these guys previously, they might but even then its a small maybe.

the rubber stock pedals have to be removed for all 3 to drill and screw the gas brake clutch in. they dont sit on the rubber.

14 total orders.
Ordered...

Contour/Cougar 4pc racing pedal set with Polished Finish - Only $59
ordered a settoday - THX for setting this up!
Lee
16 orders. this is great. i still count about 9 more interested/maybe's. 20 would be a great number to hit.
id like to get in on this buy but i was wondering if there would be any way that i could get the pedal set with the ford oval and logo? i only ask because these pedals look nice with the svt but i dont have an svt. i noticed another member asking about the se sport logo. if he could get that done id get a set just like it since that is what i have.
please let me know asap so i can get my order in.
thanks
chavezx2@yahoo.com
16 orders. this is great. i still count about 9 more interested/maybe's. 20 would be a great number to hit.

Make that 17, I just ordered a set and requested shipping via USPS like Chris Wong to avoid border issues.
anything besides the svt logo i will run by them and see what they say. since they've already set a closing date, i dont really wanna keep this open forever. perhaps we can get another group buy going shortly down the road and add more logoing like the se and ford logo or contour,etc. will get back to you
Ordered!
SVT/Matte
I'll be placing an order tomorrow for SVT set-matte finish.

Rod
2kSVT
i have a dead pedal in my hand, i'll put up a pic tomorrow of it in the car so the people who havent ordered get a better idea.
How hard is it to drill through the metal? Is anyone concerned that the extra holes will weaken the brake pedal shaft (highest stressed of the 3 moving pedals).

Brian
99 svt
do they send the screws with them as well?
If I understand how they go on, they replace the rubber (which is a cover over a metal plate). It's the metal plate that is drilled into. Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but I thought most pedals are like this, except the BMWs
correct its just the metal plate that u drill thru, the part where u plant your foot, not the shaft that goes to the firewall. hell, u can superglue them to the base plate if its makes u feel better. yes they come with the screws.
Ordered SVT matte to be shipped to Madrid, Spain
spain? wow.

well, there's a pic of the dead pedal in my pics folder. i simply set it there for a quick reference pic. its not mounted in any way to the carpet. i'm gonna either glue it down or velcro it down.
20 orders. deadline is the 19th for ordering. i should be getting a pics of the final final version of the logo, completed and corrected soon.
I placed my order this morning.."SVT" set in matte finish.

Rod
2kSVT
22 ordered!
SVT/Matte finish.
I just went to that link to order a set of matte finish SVT pedals and all the pics were down. This is $69 shipped for four pedals or three? I can't remember now... Haven't been on in a while and I drank too much over the weekend...
$69. shipped for four pedals!
Originally posted by chknhwk:
I just went to that link to order a set of matte finish SVT pedals and all the pics were down. This is $69 shipped for four pedals or three? I can't remember now... Haven't been on in a while and I drank too much over the weekend...

Need I say more!

Scott
Alright so what is the return time on this? After I pay when should I recieve my pedals? Its just that I went in on that group buy with those gauge clusters and I have been waiting months and months, I am sure you all know about that group buy.
Originally posted by ABeeSVT:
Alright so what is the return time on this? After I pay when should I recieve my pedals? Its just that I went in on that group buy with those gauge clusters and I have been waiting months and months, I am sure you all know about that group buy.

Got this email after I ordered mine: "Please expect two week delivery for automotive Group Buy orders. Group Buy
orders are placed at the end of the buy since quantities vary and they are
manufactured in "lots". Thanks for your understanding and patience."

For anyone that would like to know ahead of time, this was also in the email that I received:
Installation instructions
u will not be waiting months for these. the pics are down cuz they are finetuning the logo to be perfect (basically having the v and t touch like the s and v. i emailed them for an update and hope to have new pics up within a day (at least before the 19th deadline this friday)

yes 69 shipped for 4 matte finish or 59 shipped for polish finish
PAID--Matt Finish. Northville, MI.
22 orders.
Well there it is! I am sold! haha Payment has been sent in for my SVT logo Matte Finish! Thanks. Hope these are as sweet as they look in those pictures!
how much would it be for the matte finished ones with the svt and is it too late? i saw 69.00 was that the correct price for what i want thanks
Hugo!

Ordered Matte finish $69

Since they didn't get the new logo done by the deadline I figured I'd order.

Thanks for all the hard work on this group buy!
Originally posted by svtkid04:
how much would it be for the matte finished ones with the svt and is it too late? i saw 69.00 was that the correct price for what i want thanks

yep 69 for the matte svt shipped. they were checking w/ the machinist on final logo for the pic to show here. i hope i guys will like them. i do. they are nice and lightweight. u wont find custom svt pedals at pepboys

24 orders
Make that 25 orders. SVT Matte finish.
Just ordered the set with the matte finish and without the logo.

Thanks,
Craig H.
Ordered, SVT, Matte Finish

Bridge
Just got a e-mail from Autovations telling me my pedals have been shipped

Scott
Originally posted by scottd60:
Just got a e-mail from Autovations telling me my pedals have been shipped

Scott

Me too .
Me three . . .
not me
Order.. Matte, SVT.

SF-SVT
Originally posted by BlackE1:
not me

And I was the 9th person to order!!!
i count 28 orders. i really didnt expect such a great turnout. i got the email too. remember if you ordered svt pedals, all the letters should be touching. if they arent for some reason, pls let me know so you can get the proper set of what you paid for. but i believe the sets were being made after the final logo was finished, so this shouldnt be a problem
is it too late to order i tried to order them and in the options it said that the only ones that i could order was matte finish and nothing about a logo. i want that logo so let me know if i can still get them
i think they pulled the svt link but i dont know why the plain versions are still up. if anyone is interested in the plain versions, u better order asap. i expect the link to be pulled soon. i'll check again maybe in the summer if there's interest for a followup group buy (will try to get more cougar logos/members and the nonsvt logos/members). but only if the guys who get their pedals now like them.
for anyone still looking for set, i do have the 4 pedal set w/ the original svt logo on it (the one that looked nice but wasnt perfect). if your not that picky or anal about the logo, i can offer it up. i was just gonna put it on ebay once i got my new set.

29 orders (a neco guy got an order thru on the 20th)
... i'll check again maybe in the summer if there's interest for a followup group buy (will try to get more cougar logos/members and the nonsvt logos/members). ...

I definately would like to see "Sport" on the pedals if that happens
for anyone still looking for set, i do have the 4 pedal set w/ the original svt logo on it (the one that looked nice but wasnt perfect). if your not that picky or anal about the logo, i can offer it up. i was just gonna put it on ebay once i got my new set.

im interested in the ones that you have where the svt logo isnt touching i just like the way that they look and iam willing to buy them just give me a proce and pm me so that we can work something out. thanks
Originally posted by svtkid04:

im interested in the ones that you have where the svt logo isnt touching i just like the way that they look and iam willing to buy them just give me a proce and pm me so that we can work something out. thanks

you have a pm
i got my pedals today. logo looks great.
Got mine today, too. I agree, they look pretty good.
i'm hoping to have them installed maybe this weekend. temp is supposed to be decent.
Got mine yesteray - they look GREAT!! THX!
Still no email or pedals
and i ordered 8th
Still no email or pedals
and i ordered 8th

I was 9th, and I thought the same thing. I mistaked it for junk mail, so when I went back thru them (just to double check) I saw it. I should have mine between today, or thurs. I say go back thru your junk mail, and deleted messages. If you don't have it by the end of the week, call.
Thanks i will have to go back and look for it.
got my pedals yesterday and man do they look sweet i can't wait to get them on my lx sleeper. yea no more clutch slips do to wet and slippery pedals!!!!!!!
Mine were shipped on the 19th but seeing as I am in Canada I don't expect them too soon .
Thanks i will have to go back and look for it.

if u want, pm me your name and address and what you ordered. i'll contact them asking if they have your order.
My pedals came today...very nice

Scott
Wow, all these great reviews! I am glad I got in this buy... I don't know what order I was, but I am glad I got in! I can't wait to see them! What if I was like order #23 or so... when should mine come in? Just wondering...
I got the initial email from them saying that my order was received. But I still haven't gotten one saying that my pedals are ready to be shipped out.
I was one of the first to pay, yet I have not received any emails regarding shipment of my pedal set.
these pedals are so HOT!!!! Very nice. . .
Originally posted by cawong11:
I was one of the first to pay, yet I have not received any emails regarding shipment of my pedal set.

chris did u get the email that your order was received. i dont know how the pedals are being shipped if first pay, first shipped. i counted 29 orders, more than i really expected so i'm sure they are machining away to get all the orders done asap. eveyone should've gotten an email confirming the order. maybe they are doing up the svt mattes first then the others going by product vs order list. just talking out my ### now. if you dont recall getting the email confirming your order, pm me. the rest i'm sure you'll get your pedals soon and the email saying when they are shipped. i'll touch base just to make sure everything is on schedule.
Can Someone please post pics of the final product you recieved?
good idea. any who's gotten the pedals have a digital camera?
I'll have them in the morning for ya.

Wasn't the 'T' supposed to connect to the 'V'?
It looks right but a close up with good ambient lighting and no flash would be required to say for sure. Try to get a pic of where the V and T touch this way.

Unfortunately, these pedals are at home, while I am 3.5 hours away at school. So I won't be able to get e better pic. But, I zoomed in to get the one above, and I think it's what I wanted to know. I went to the SVT.Ford website and compared them.
SVT

They actual emblem uses a bit fatter letters, but I think it's alright. No one will notice the difference unless they are looking for it.

Not even close! Oh well.....................

Hugo, this pic looks to be about the size they would need to put on the pedals. Any chance you can send em this pic and see if the can get the later orders updated with THIS graphic.

My pedals arrived today. Even though the lettering isn't exact, I think they will look very good once installed.

Going to spend a day in the garage tomorrow . . . new pedals . . . entire brake kit from Stazzi. Sounds like a good day to me.
i've now seen a few different svt logos floating around. some even have the top of the s go straight across instead of come down a bit. the one that i found that i sent them (that was posted in the original thread) has the very corner of the t up against the v, like it came out in the pic above. it wasnt touching the v as much as i the logo just posted above. oh and the dead pedal is backwards. thats the back of it, not the front.

we can certainly ask if a "fatter" font can be done next time around
15 orders went on on the 19th. they should be going out as they were paid for. u all should've gotten an email confirming your order was received. if u didnt, please contact me. otherwise hang tight. they were looking to get orders shipped within 2 weeks of the 19th. so they are still on schedule
This morning at 9:30 I received my pedals have been shipped email along with a tracking number. I can't wait!!
i'm hoping to have them installed maybe this weekend. temp is supposed to be decent.

Installed mine over this past weekend and am pleased with the results. I'm interested to hear how the installation process goes for everyone else.
Does anyone have pic's of them installed yet?
Mine were shipped 11 days ago and still no show. I know I'm in Canada but should it be taking this long?
I was the last or 2nd to last to order. I recieved my notice of shipment today. Should be here in 3-days
Well, I ordered March 3rd and I finally got my shipment notice this morning.
Mine still have not arrived.

Anyone???

Me neither Chris. I was told to wait until Friday.
all u canada guys seem to not have received them yet. did u guys get the shipping email w/ the tracking #? i gotta think it just takes longer to get to cananda. i ordered a dvd from canada and that took at least about 2 weeks.
Yep got the email with tracking # on the 19th. I checked with USPS and their international airmail letter post is a 4 - 7 day service. At this point we can only wait patiently.
thanks. so u did get the email. there's no way all the canada orders were lost or stolen so its just gotta be taking a bit in transit.
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:

Me neither Chris. I was told to wait until Friday.

Here is what I received via email.
USPS Customs Sender's Declaration Number: Contour SVT MT polished - 245714413

Note: The customs number above is not for shipment tracking. USPS does not provide international tracking via Airmail Letter Post. Thank you.

Looks familiar Chris. We just have to wait now.

Anyone???

there is one pic here , but it isn't the best pic...
The lettering in those pics looks F'd up. Mine better not look like that .
"If I am not mistaking that is the pedal set that everyone is doing the group buy on ( I could, however, be making a mistake ) I got them off Ebay about 6 or so months ago for like 60-70 bucks shipped. I think it is Pedals
-Ken"

after the pic's a few post down the guy said this... These are the old pedals they used to sell.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 03/31/04 10:18 PM
Even though I haven't installed them yet (I lost my drill bits and have to get around getting some new ones, apparently it's part of the install), here is a pic of them and my NYCEBOI emblem. . .
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/01/04 03:36 AM
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
Even though I haven't installed them yet (I lost my drill bits and have to get around getting some new ones, apparently it's part of the install), here is a pic of them and my NYCEBOI emblem. . .

My pedals look like the CNC finish only, is that what they considered to be polished? If so I should have gone with the Matte finish. I really don't like the look of the CNC look.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/01/04 03:49 AM
Damn you got yours Chris? I'm still waiting .
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/01/04 03:51 AM

Yup, just arrived this afternoon, but Rob, I don't like the way they look.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/01/04 03:56 AM

When I get mine I'll bring them by to compare.
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/01/04 12:16 PM

When I get mine I'll bring them by to compare.

Rob, did you order a matte set? I am considering returning mine to either get them glass beaded, or just order another set but in matte. Any one interested in a set of CNC machined SVT pedals?
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/01/04 01:08 PM
Yep I got the matte set, or I should say that I ordered a matte set, I still don't have them.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/01/04 06:26 PM
i ordered matte as well, it's very nice, as u can see from the pic, CHRIS, get the matte, you'll love 'em. . .
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/01/04 06:52 PM
chris, u ordered polished right? no i dont think those are the polished ones. they look matte to me. if polished they should definitely look "chromey". if not, pm me your name and address, i'll email them. and do u have the email with your order. i dont have mine so i dont remember if it listed what was ordered to show them that you did in fact order polished. if this is so, i'll reimburse u for the return shipping if you do have to return them for the polished set. i feel bad.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/01/04 06:54 PM
just realized that pic isnt your set chris. either way i'll still do what i said.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/01/04 07:47 PM
I had a delivery notice on my lawn when I got home today. It had blown off the door and around hte side of the house. Anyway they will be available for pick up tomorrow after 1. I am confused though because it says on the notice that I owe $16.97. What is this for? Chris did you have this same fee?
Posted By: WestCoastAjax Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/01/04 07:55 PM
I had a delivery notice on my lawn when I got home today. It had blown off the door and around hte side of the house. Anyway they will be available for pick up tomorrow after 1. I am confused though because it says on the notice that I owe $16.97. What is this for? Chris did you have this same fee?

Canada Customs
The government has to get their sqeeze from you....
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/01/04 08:38 PM
Got my set today!!
Going to install them in a few mintutes.
Thanks Hugo!!
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/01/04 09:16 PM
Originally posted by WestCoastAjax:
Canada Customs

Under NAFTA are car parts not duty free?
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/01/04 09:44 PM

Canada Customs

actually thats the broker's fees, they nail you everytime you get something across the border.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/02/04 01:47 AM
Originally posted by abwamo:

Canada Customs

actually thats the broker's fees, they nail you everytime you get something across the border.

Actually if it was sent USPS they only charge $5 Canadian to get it across the border ("broker's fees"). Then you have to pay tax on the declared value.
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/02/04 01:15 PM
chris, u ordered polished right? no i dont think those are the polished ones. they look matte to me. if polished they should definitely look "chromey". if not, pm me your name and address, i'll email them. and do u have the email with your order. i dont have mine so i dont remember if it listed what was ordered to show them that you did in fact order polished. if this is so, i'll reimburse u for the return shipping if you do have to return them for the polished set. i feel bad.

Hugo, it's not that they aren't shiney, I was under the impression (not seeing any previous pictures) that polished meant "polished", say compared to polished aluminum, but looking at the web site, polished is CNC machine finish where you can see the finish or swirls created by the CNC machine tool bits. That is not what I expected, again no pictures. I have been in touch with Autovation, and I am going to get a purchase another set but in Matte, but I now have a set of CNC machine pedals that I have no use for. All I really would like to do in the end, is to have one set of pedals, not two.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/02/04 01:23 PM
Put them on your website and sell them for a profit .
Posted By: EvlBill Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/02/04 03:02 PM
Woohoo, I got mine last night. Now to find the time to put them on.

Chris, do they look kinda like this?
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/02/04 03:11 PM
Hey Chris....if you'd consider selling just the dead pedal I may pick it up from you......
Posted By: ABeeSVT Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/02/04 03:12 PM
I only got the three pedals. Was that the deal? I thought we'd get the dead pedal. Maybe I just misunderstood.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/02/04 08:50 PM
You should have gotten 4 pedals, I am about to take some pictures and post them, I just picked mine up.
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/02/04 08:55 PM
Just got mine!!!!!!! Now i have to get home from school to install them. Hopefully over easter break.

Thanks hmouta for doign this group buy.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/02/04 09:28 PM
Can someone confirm the number of screws vs bolts that they got? I got 6 screws and 3 bolts with mine. It would seem to me that it should be the other way around. Here is a pic of what I mean. See how I have 3 nuts without bolts.

Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/03/04 02:00 AM
I only got the three pedals. Was that the deal? I thought we'd get the dead pedal. Maybe I just misunderstood.

ok thats definitely not right. i can contact the company if u pm me your info.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/03/04 02:05 AM
Any answer on the nuts and bolts guys?
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/03/04 02:22 AM
Originally posted by EvlBill:
Woohoo, I got mine last night. Now to find the time to put them on.

Chris, do they look kinda like this?

Yeh, that's what they look like. I have a feeling the firewall that our computers are behind is not allowing the images from their site to come through, because every time I access Autovation's web site, I don't see any images of the Contour pedal set.
I am going with the matte finish, my mind is made up, should have just gone with the matte in the first place.
Posted By: 99 red SVT Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/03/04 04:42 AM
You should have gotten three more bolts.

Complete kit should have included at least:

6 bolts
6 nylon nuts
6 self-tapping screws

I believe my kit had one extra screw.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/03/04 05:58 AM
Who do I talk to about getting the rest of my hardware kit?
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/03/04 06:43 PM
now your making me check my nuts....and bolts,screws.

again whoever is missing a dead pedal, pm me.

if your missing any misc hardware, pm me.

if you havent gotten your pedals yet, pm me.

if you deleted or never got the first order confirmation email, pm me. (if u got an email that pedals are being shipped then u should be allset).

any of u canada guys still waiting for pedals?
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/03/04 07:04 PM
Can someone confirm the number of screws vs bolts that they got? I got 6 screws and 3 bolts with mine. It would seem to me that it should be the other way around. Here is a pic of what I mean. See how I have 3 nuts without bolts.

yes you should've gotten a little sealed bag with everything. 6 machine screws and nuts (3 each for the brake and clutch) and 3 screws for the gas pedal. mine has 7 regular screws (so i have 4 extra). this is also what i have for the first set i got without a dead pedal.

if your short nuts or screws, pm me or if u email the company and dont hear from them, let me know.

i want to make sure everyone gets what they are supposed to.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/03/04 07:58 PM

if you havent gotten your pedals yet, pm me.

any of u canada guys still waiting for pedals?

I'm still waiting. I got my order conformation via email and the charge came on my credit card but I've haven't got anything else...
Posted By: Fern_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/04/04 01:42 AM
I'm waiting for the pedals as well. I received the e-mail confirming the order but no e-mail telling me that they have been shipped. The charge also appeared on my credit card statement. I was probably the last person to order as my order went through on the 20th.
Posted By: 2kSVT Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/04/04 01:47 AM
I got mine on Thursday,installed on Friday. They look real nice.I had to take the trim off just below the steering column.This give you alittle more room for the drill.You also may have to push the pedals to the floor(cluth/brake) in order to drill the top two holes. Took about 30/40 minutes.FYI, I had one extra self tapping screw.

They look great,thanks hmouta!

Rod
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/04/04 07:34 AM
I dont think Ive recieved an e-mail about mine yet.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/04/04 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Nickyd1298SVT:
I dont think Ive recieved an e-mail about mine yet.

did u get the order confirmation email?
Posted By: ABeeSVT Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/06/04 05:09 PM
I am very pleased how this group buy was handled. Thanks a lot hmouta! Great turn around time and customer service. I am absolutely thrilled with my new pedals.
Posted By: epattonm Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/06/04 08:49 PM
I am very pleased how this group buy was handled. Thanks a lot hmouta! Great turn around time and customer service. I am absolutely thrilled with my new pedals.

What he said!!!
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/07/04 04:41 AM
i emailed autovation again checking on your order merrick and mentioned the missing dead pedal and the shortage of screws/nuts/bolts. i didnt have any names/addresses to give them so i couldnt be specific.

thanks to those that are happy. last thing i wanted were problems arising. i wanna make sure everyone gets what they need before calling this a completed group buy. i want to start a group buy for another product but wont til we wrap this one up.
Got mine today......Heel & toe , here I go .....
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/07/04 03:49 PM
Good news! I just got an email saying these bad boys have shipped!! I'll make another post when they get here.

Chris;
I was browsing around the AutoVation Web site and noticed they offer bead blast service (giving the Matte Finish) for 30 USD... Not sure if it's the best option, but it's certainly another one to consider.

Bridge

Hugo, it's not that they aren't shiney, I was under the impression (not seeing any previous pictures) that polished meant "polished", say compared to polished aluminum, but looking at the web site, polished is CNC machine finish where you can see the finish or swirls created by the CNC machine tool bits. That is not what I expected, again no pictures. I have been in touch with Autovation, and I am going to get a purchase another set but in Matte, but I now have a set of CNC machine pedals that I have no use for. All I really would like to do in the end, is to have one set of pedals, not two.

Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/08/04 03:20 AM
I got my E-mail saying that they have been shipped.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/08/04 04:41 AM
i did forget to mention that. if your matte pedal after a while start to look like sh!t, they can redo them to get the finish again for the $30.

so they r still shipping out and contacting u guys? thats cool.
Posted By: epattonm Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/08/04 06:15 AM
Couldn't we clear coat them, and then have no worries? They'd just wipe off. Yes I know about the traction idea, but i'm sure there's something we can do.
Posted By: Fern_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/13/04 10:30 PM
Is anybody still waiting on these pedals? I haven't received mine yet nor any email saying that they were shipped.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/13/04 10:35 PM
I'm still waiting, but I did receive an email saying they were shipped on the 7th

How long did it take you guys in Ontario to get yours?
Posted By: Fern_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/13/04 11:52 PM
Well, I'm in Ontario. If they are still making the pedals, then my pedals will most likely be part of the last batch since I ordered mine very late.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/14/04 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Bridge:
I'm still waiting, but I did receive an email saying they were shipped on the 7th

How long did it take you guys in Ontario to get yours?

it seems the canada orders are taking about 2 weeks to get delivered. so shipped on the 7th should arrive around te 22nd give or take.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/14/04 03:29 AM

did u contact the company about the dead pedal? have they responded? if not pm me your name, address and your order.
Posted By: BaltoMystique Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/14/04 07:24 PM
I am still waiting on my pedals. I received an email today saying my order was just completed and will ship tomorrow.
Posted By: Fern_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/15/04 11:43 AM
My pedals were delivered yesterday. They look very nice.
Posted By: epattonm Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/15/04 02:04 PM
Did they ever change the SVT pattern to be more accurate? And was the dead pedal's size adjusted like discussed?
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Pedals + Nyceboi Emblem Pic - 04/16/04 01:43 AM
Originally posted by epattonm:
Did they ever change the SVT pattern to be more accurate? And was the dead pedal's size adjusted like discussed?

yes the svt logo was changed from what the company first had (the one they had come up with on their own before i contacted them)

what do u mean by dead pedal size being adjusted? i dont recall anything about that.

also anyone still waiting or needing nuts, bolts, missing pedals pls contact the company directly. they told me they'd like to hear from each person directly if they have any problems.
Posted By: epattonm Re: Pedals - 04/16/04 01:58 AM
I have the pedals, but I was refering to changing it to the Fatter letters. And I thought someone said something about the dead pedal not fitting right (I have yet to install mine sorry), and that a possible change was being considered. I may be wrong about the dead pedal, but I know I'm not about the letter sizing.

Anyone not get a set that wants one? I may not be keeping mine. They look awesome, but I'm not sure if it'll fit the style I am going for with my car.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Pedals - 04/19/04 05:09 PM
Got mine today! They look great!
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Pedals - 04/20/04 02:15 AM
installed mine yest. they feel great during driving. i didnt get the brake pedal as good as i wanted but i still may be able to tweak it. the gas and clutch pedals i'm pleased with their positioning. i just need some velcro to put the dead pedal down. i'll see about getting a pic posted of them.

they were a [censored] to install due to awkwardness of the pedals and crouching to drill properly. but they look nice installed
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Pedals - 04/20/04 06:58 PM
Did anybody glue the pedals down as well as drill them? Did it make a difference?

Thanks
Bridge
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Pedals - 04/21/04 12:47 AM
i didnt glue them down. they dont have any slack or movement. seem fine to me so far. i didnt use any loctite for the screws/bolts either.
Posted By: ABeeSVT Re: Pedals - 04/22/04 05:34 PM
I do not think I'll ever get these pedals installed. I need some instructions with pictures. haha
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Pedals - 04/23/04 03:47 AM
I do not think I'll ever get these pedals installed. I need some instructions with pictures. haha

what r u having trouble with. i'll help however i can.
© CEG Archives