Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Hey everybody. Just to let you know. Our Oem carbon fiber hood mold is done and the first one will be made be the end of this week. Pics will be up by then. Post here if your intrested, we will be accpeting payments real soon.

Pricing- $550 shipped
Options- Colored fiber add $100
Red,blue,yellow, gray,etc..

Cowl hood mold will be done next week for those intrested
(Sorry for the deelay on that) and guage pods following, plus a few extra things . Pm me if you want or send email to bp.powell@comcast.net. Thank you
Still intetrested (Cowl induction hood)...just waiting on those pic's

Scott
hey-
what about the CF gauge pods??

Awesome turn around on the CF hoods, what's the quality like? Fit? Finish?

Suneil
i'd be interested in the cowl, will it be a smooth incline or a considerable ridge in the hood?
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
hey-
what about the CF gauge pods??

Awesome turn around on the CF hoods, what's the quality like? Fit? Finish?

Suneil

I will know the quality and fit when the first one is done (later this week). I will have it sent to me and than I will install it and check to make sure everything is ok. But I have full confidence. The guage pods on the other hand, have gotten delayed just a little more. There was an error shipping out my factory pieces in which they arrived a week late . But he is going to try to knock them out real quick as well as finish up the other hood. We are trying our best to make the cowl hood look realy good on a Contour. But if he can make a hood in a week, guage pods should be a breeeze. You will be the first one informed when there ready .
I'm definately interested in a hood, maybe cowl depending on how well it flows with the contour, even though i just got a new hood due to the wreck. Maybe i can mount the new one on the wall as an art piece.. hmmmmm
Posted By: ibjamn Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood...Mold finished - 02/18/04 12:46 AM
I would be intrested in the cowl hood also!!
Posted By: m!key Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood...Mold finished - 02/18/04 12:52 AM
dash!
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
i'd be interested in the cowl, will it be a smooth incline or a considerable ridge in the hood?

the pics of thecowl hood will sway my vote/payment
Originally posted by mikey boy:
dash!

I thought we already went over this . Pics of the cowl hood I hope to have late next week to early the following at the latest. Pics will be up as soon as possible. I will probaly need someone to host though .
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Originally posted by mikey boy:
dash!

I thought we already went over this . Pics of the cowl hood I hope to have late next week to early the following at the latest. Pics will be up as soon as possible. I will probaly need someone to host though .

I can host your pic's...send me a PM

Scott
Originally posted by scottd60:

I can host your pic's...send me a PM

Scott

Great thanks. I will be in touch hopefully in a few days.
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood...Mold finished - 02/18/04 05:52 AM
I'd be interested as well. I'm getting sort of sick of my hood vents. Anyone want to buy my hood? T-red w/ 2 Cossie vents.
Posted By: Rance Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood...Mold finished - 02/18/04 02:08 PM
Interested in the cowl hood depending on picks.
Any sample of what a "Gray" colored CF hood might look like? I'd be interested, but I'm not sure I want to go to straight black off of my Silver Frost car
Originally posted by mbSVT:
Any sample of what a "Gray" colored CF hood might look like? I'd be interested, but I'm not sure I want to go to straight black off of my Silver Frost car

I am not sure. I will see if I can get samples. But the black carbon on a silver tour will look great. Thats what I will be doing myself.
i definately would have to see a pic with the red carbon fiber on a black svt....then i'll be forced to decide

I am not sure. I will see if I can get samples. But the black carbon on a silver tour will look great. Thats what I will be doing myself.

I agree it will look good... especially paired with my gunmetal rims

Depending on what Dean gets done with the Morettes, maybe this will make for an interesting option? Or perhaps I could convince someone to help me with some Hightower Lights??

Originally posted by incubusjunkie614:
i definately would have to see a pic with the red carbon fiber on a black svt....then i'll be forced to decide

Well unless somebody buys one before you I won't be able to show you. But you can have Mikey boy or somebody photo-chop it for you. Maybe that would be best.

Depending on what Dean gets done with the Morettes, maybe this will make for an interesting option? Or perhaps I could convince someone to help me with some Hightower Lights??

I am intrested myself to see what Dean has in store. Hope fully they will compliment each other.
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood...Mold finished - 02/19/04 05:32 AM
I've got the inside of my headlights painted red to match the car. I think I want a regular black CF hood. Would look pretty sweet. Are they going to be held down witht he normal latch system or hood pins or what?
Originally posted by RyeLou:
I've got the inside of my headlights painted red to match the car. I think I want a regular black CF hood. Would look pretty sweet. Are they going to be held down witht he normal latch system or hood pins or what?

The normal latch system can be used but it is "Strongly" recomended that hood pins are used. If you are intrested in the oem version I may be able help you out a little. I am having one shipped here and am going to test fit on my friends car(its stored for the winter). If he decides he doesn't want it I will offer it to you -$50. Thats free shipping realy. I know your local.
this is gonna be so sweeeeeeeeetttttttttt
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood...Mold finished - 02/19/04 01:32 PM
I would have no problem using hood pins, but I'll see what happens with the normal latch system your friend is trying. I don't really care either way, I just want it to fit properly so it looks right. Yeah, I'm local. What city are you on? I thought I remember you being east side anyhow.

The normal latch system can be used but it is "Strongly" recomended that hood pins are used. If you are intrested in the oem version I may be able help you out a little. I am having one shipped here and am going to test fit on my friends car(its stored for the winter). If he decides he doesn't want it I will offer it to you -$50. Thats free shipping realy. I know your local.

If he doesn't want it, I'll take it for that price! I'm semi-local and can come pick it up!

[2nd grade voice] DIBS!!! [/2nd grade voice]
I live in Hartland. MBSVT I will keep you in mind
intrested in the cowl hood....
Hey everybody. Just to let you know. Our Oem carbon fiber hood mold is done and the first one will be made be the end of this week. Pics will be up by then. Post here if your intrested, we will be accpeting payments real soon.

Pricing- $550 shipped
Options- Colored fiber add $100
Red,blue,yellow, gray,etc..

Cowl hood mold will be done next week for those intrested
(Sorry for the deelay on that) and guage pods following, plus a few extra things . Pm me if you want or send email to bp.powell@comcast.net. Thank you

Does this hood have the CF subframe or a fiberglass subframe?
i want one i want one, i will wait to see what the cowl hood pics look like though, i am also pondering either blue or grey, the black on black just meshes to well and wouldnt be able to tell between reg hood and carbon fiber hood. what do you all think??? and whats the turn around time say i sent you the money, how long till i got my hood??

Originally posted by dion:

Does this hood have the CF subframe or a fiberglass subframe?

It uses a fiberglass frame. The first hood is sittin in the mold now and will be there until Monday. I will have pics than. Anyone wanting to order one can do so now. After Monday they will make one hood a day. Pm me if intrested and I will give payment details. Anyone wanting colored fiber will take slightly longer as they have to special order the colored weave. If you want samples, the only thing I can tell you is look around the web colors should be about the same.

Carbon Hood OEM style- $550 shipped
-Options- Colored fiber,- $100
blue,yellow,red, etc..
(sorry no gray)
PM me for Payment details

ALL HOODS COME CLEAR COATED. JUST BOLT UP AND GO!!!!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood.....Taking orders - 02/20/04 08:16 AM
I'm interested....OEM style. WE WANNA SEE PICS!!!
I suppose this will be a stupid question, but such a hood can't make use of the windshield washer jets can it?
Originally posted by LoCoZ:
I'm interested....OEM style. WE WANNA SEE PICS!!!

Should have them Monday

I suppose this will be a stupid question, but such a hood can't make use of the windshield washer jets can it?

Yes you can use your washers. But you have to tell me at the time of order, and they can make the hole. Or you can do it yourself with a dremel tool or equivalent. Not so stupid of a question after all. I am glad you asked.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood.....Taking orders - 02/21/04 04:01 AM

That's an excellent question. I'll bet no one even thought of it. I know I didn't.

AND---

1. Since I've never had anything like this before, how will it hold up in an Ohio winter--snow, salt, slush, etc? Is it advisable to switch hoods like we do with rims?
2. I also have the Redline Hood Lift kit--will it work with this hood? Not only as far as mounting goes, but would it put undue stresses on the hood when it's being opened or closed? I had a 78 Chevy Blazer that required hood stiffener bars so it wouldn't buckle when you closed it. The last thing I'd want is a cracked hood.
3. As far as colors go--is green available and where on the web would you suggest I look for a color example?

And I am soooo interested in the cowl hood--it's got to look good!
I am not that familiar with the redline kit. But If it bolts up to the stock hood than it will on this hood. Also I don't think you will have to worry about the stress, The fiberglass frame is strong, and those type of hood props won't put alot of tension of the frame itself. I will look around for color samples. I belive green is available. Now if your intrested in the cowl hood, the washer nozzels may not look as good than, but its all up to you. I hope to have a pic of the cowl mocked up on the hood middle of next week.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood.....Taking orders - 02/21/04 05:56 AM
The Redline Hood Lift kit are 2 hydralic cylinders that lift and hold the hood open instead of using the prop rod. I don't know how to post a picture but if you go to my site, you can see them in my engine pix. I'll look forward to your pix of the cowl hood. BTW, how about our Ohio winters, will they be detrimental to the hood?
i would be interested in the cowl hood but wanna see pics i have the cracked paint on my orginal and have been searching for replacement for while does anyone know of a hood that has vents or scoops
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
The Redline Hood Lift kit are 2 hydralic cylinders that lift and hold the hood open instead of using the prop rod. I don't know how to post a picture but if you go to my site, you can see them in my engine pix. I'll look forward to your pix of the cowl hood. BTW, how about our Ohio winters, will they be detrimental to the hood?

Your hood should be fine. The clear coat that comes with it is like any other automotive clear coat thats protecting your cars paint now. Just keep it waxed like you would normaly.

Originally posted by svtim:
i would be interested in the cowl hood but wanna see pics i have the cracked paint on my orginal and have been searching for replacement for while does anyone know of a hood that has vents or scoops

The cowl is problay as close as your gonna get. But it does work well for airflow. Thats the reason behind using it. Air flows through the upper grill, into the engine bay,and out back of the scoop. Most vents don't create enough air flow, and still leave stagnet hot air in the compartment.
good im so sick of the stock body looks ive got funds ready and no faimly restrictions show me some cool pics and im in
hey did you get the pics yet so we can see what it looks like??
Posted By: zm830101 Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood.....Taking orders - 02/23/04 11:51 PM
ditto...
Posted By: m!key Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood.....Taking orders - 02/23/04 11:55 PM
pics today right?
cant wait we wanna see pics hopefully tonight
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood.....Taking orders - 02/24/04 09:04 AM
pics?
pics yet???
Should have them Monday

?????
Well, sorry for the delay. I guess over the weekend California got alot of rain, than warmed up real quick, casuing a real humid situation. This is very bad for laying up carbon fiber. The hood was/is in the mold hoping to be able to be saved, unfortunitly was left in the paint booth and moisture may have got in. Next time it will be in a more secure enviroment. But by keeping it in the mold longer we may have been able to let it cure enough, that the moisture doesn't get in and cause pin holes. Mine as well a Porsche hood and a few other item may be ruined as well. I just found all this out myself, he is going to try tomorrow and pull it out of the mold. If it fails than the he just has to lay up another hood, as well as the other items. So it may be until next week now . We shall see
Originally posted by crusinmercury:
Should have them Monday

?????

Well, sorry for the delay. I guess over the weekend California got alot of rain, than warmed up real quick, casuing a real humid situation. ... So it may be until next week now . We shall see

That pesky California environment - how Kaotic...
Well, sorry for the delay. I guess over the weekend California got alot of rain, than warmed up real quick, casuing a real humid situation. This is very bad for laying up carbon fiber. The hood was/is in the mold hoping to be able to be saved, unfortunitly was left in the paint booth and moisture may have got in. Next time it will be in a more secure enviroment. But by keeping it in the mold longer we may have been able to let it cure enough, that the moisture doesn't get in and cause pin holes. Mine as well a Porsche hood and a few other item may be ruined as well. I just found all this out myself, he is going to try tomorrow and pull it out of the mold. If it fails than the he just has to lay up another hood, as well as the other items. So it may be until next week now . We shall see

Here are a few pic's of the OEM CF hood in the mold...more to come as they are available.

Hosting pic's for "livinsvt"

Scott
Thanks Scott for hosting the pics. What your looking at is a pic of the bottom side of the hood still in the mold(half removed for pics) with no frame ,clear coat,not trimmed or final layer of weave. Thats just to show that we do have something, and we might no later tonight if its going to work or we have to lay up another hood. The frame is already made so it won' take to much longer for final pics if this one works outs. Will see.
Thanks Scott for hosting the pics. What your looking at is a pic of the bottom side of the hood still in the mold(half removed for pics) with no frame ,clear coat,not trimmed or final layer of weave. Thats just to show that we do have something, and we might no later tonight if its going to work or we have to lay up another hood. The frame is already made so it won' take to much longer for final pics if this one works outs. Will see.

That helps alot to see that something is happening, and lookin good too; hopefully that weather didn't mess it up at all, and we can see the completed hood soon.
Being from So Cal and wanting a cowl hood when they are ready, this is great to see.

But I have some bad news. It is gonna rain worse tonight than it did over the weekend. Go away rain. I hope it won't slow things down too much more.

Where are they in So Cal anyway?
Originally posted by myfastse:
Being from So Cal and wanting a cowl hood when they are ready, this is great to see.

But I have some bad news. It is gonna rain worse tonight than it did over the weekend. Go away rain. I hope it won't slow things down too much more.

There in L.A.. Is that So-Cal, weres my map...lol. The rain won't be a problem now that there moved to a different room. There were just un-aware of rainfall when they laid it up, and it is usualy fine in the paint booth. Thats good your in Cali. You won't have to wait long for shipping

There in L.A.. Is that So-Cal, weres my map...lol. The rain won't be a problem now that there moved to a different room. There were just un-aware of rainfall when they laid it up, and it is usualy fine in the paint booth. Thats good your in Cali. You won't have to wait long for shipping

shipping, I only live an hour from LA. I shouldn't look too stupid driving up with no hood to get one put on.
shipping, I only live an hour from LA. I shouldn't look too stupid driving up with no hood to get one put on.

Just better hope it doesn't rain

No problem...glad I could help Send me more as you get them and I'll post as soon as I can.

Scott
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood.....PICS HERE - 02/26/04 09:07 AM
Lookin good...can't wait to see the final product!
Posted By: SVT24 Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood...Mold finished - 02/26/04 12:56 PM
I am interested as well in either a cowl or a plain hood. Will these latch like the regular hood, or will hood pins be required?
Originally posted by WOLF24:
Will these latch like the regular hood, or will hood pins be required?

Are they going to be held down witht he normal latch system or hood pins or what?

The normal latch system can be used but it is "Strongly" recomended that hood pins are used.

Posted By: SVT24 Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood...Mold finished - 02/26/04 03:53 PM
Sorry, Coffee had not kicked in in time!
Sorry, Coffee had not kicked in in time!

Well guys the hood came out great. Scott should hopefully be posting pics soon. The hood in the pic is not trimmed becuase it is getting scrapped, because of a minor blemish from the moisture. But everything is ready to go. We can start making and delivering hoods aprox one per day.
To re-cap.

Price- $550 shipped
Options - Holes cut for washer nozzels(Free of charge
upon request)
-Colors extra $100(takes an extra 2-3 days)
Red,blue,green,yellow,purple etc..

They come clear coated and and ready to bolt up to
factory hinges(NOTE: Hod pins "STRONGLY RECOMENDED")

Payment
We accept paypal,checks,money orders etc..
Send a pm for instructions.

Thank you.
Cowl hood coming...........!
Well guys the hood came out great. Scott should hopefully be posting pics soon. The hood in the pic is not trimmed becuase it is getting scrapped, because of a minor blemish from the moisture. But everything is ready to go. We can start making and delivering hoods aprox one per day.

Here you go!

Scott
Why would you need hood pins if its an OEM type hood?
Because it's Carbon Fiber...It will fly off without hood pins...Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
Well guys the hood came out great. Scott should hopefully be posting pics soon. The hood in the pic is not trimmed becuase it is getting scrapped, because of a minor blemish from the moisture.

How much for the blemished one?
Originally posted by e1flakedsvt:
Why would you need hood pins if its an OEM type hood?

Originally posted by FreeProjectPat:
Because it's Carbon Fiber...It will fly off without hood pins...Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

It depends on the fiberglass supports. If the supports are well placed and strong enough hood pins might not be needed.

BUT, still might be needed for safety purposes. At high speeds, my CF hood wobbles without hood pins.
Scott you da man, thanks again. The hood pins are a safety meaurement. The hood is so light that air gets underneath and whats to take it for a ride at high speeds. Factory latches may not take the abuse. But I beleive other people on here have not had any problems though.
How do you go about putting hood pins in? Where do you latch them down to? SVT ST PETE I see you have them. How'd you do it?
Originally posted by scottd60:

Here you go!

Scott

Any pictures of the underside? Is the subframe hand-laid fiberglass or chopper-gun fiberglass?
I'm just hosting the pic's for Brett...I post them as soon as he sends them to me. That is all I have and have seen so far. I'm sure more will be on the way shortly.

Scott
damn the hood is looking good. thats what i was looking for but i still maybe wanna wait and see what the cowl hood looks like to maybe buy that one instead of the oem one...

Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
damn the hood is looking good. thats what i was looking for but i still maybe wanna wait and see what the cowl hood looks like to maybe buy that one instead of the oem one...

Exactly!!!
Originally posted by FreeProjectPat:
Well guys the hood came out great. Scott should hopefully be posting pics soon. The hood in the pic is not trimmed becuase it is getting scrapped, because of a minor blemish from the moisture.

How much for the blemished one?

Hey I was being serious...
What kind of raise are we talking about for the cowl hood? How much extra clearance will it give? I might be having a need for some "extra clearance" here in the future
Originally posted by Chris Hightower:
What kind of raise are we talking about for the cowl hood? How much extra clearance will it give? I might be having a need for some "extra clearance" here in the future

You know you can't say something like that and then just leave us hanging!! What you got in mind? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Chris were looking at a 2.5"-3" cowl. Any more wouldn't look right. I'll hopefully no pretty soon. Do fill us in though .

I know! 3.5L???

Any pictures of the underside? Is the subframe hand-laid fiberglass or chopper-gun fiberglass?

Thank you.
Cowl hood coming...........!

Pant, pant, pant
I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I want to have the carbon fiber hood in black with my t-red, so I'm thinking of selling my hood. I know most people in the group buy will be, but mine is a little different. I have 2 cossie hood vents painted in the same t-red to match the rest of the car. They're fully functional and actually do keep thing's a bit cooler under the hood. Everyone always asks if you need to worry about rain or snow, but the answer is no. Enough water doesn't get on the filter for it to become a problem. I've parked the car outside since I've had it, through all Michigan weather, and have had 0 problems. The only thing I suggest is putting a plastic bag over the air filter when you are washing the car. (assuming you have an open element, in which case the vents basically make your filter a real CAI) If you're interested, send me a PM. I'll get some pic's if someone is interested.
Here are the links to pictures:

http://home.comcast.net/~rlewis311/IMG_0286.jpg
(pic. of whole car)

http://home.comcast.net/~rlewis311/IMG_0287.jpg
(close pic. of vent)

http://home.comcast.net/~rlewis311/IMG_0289.jpg
(pic. From the underside)
please tell us that the cowel hood has been made im ready to send the $$$$ as soon as i see pics the other pics look great but i need a cowl

Sorry I missed this one. The hood and subframe are both hand laid. I might have a pic of the underside later these week. The rain in California is holding things up a bit

Sorry I missed this one. The hood and subframe are both hand laid. I might have a pic of the underside later these week. The rain in California is holding things up a bit

Yeah, I live here in So. Cal....the rain sucks, but we need it.

So, the hood has a layer of CF on top, with a layer of hand-laid fiberglass on the bottom of the hood, and a hand-laid fiberglass subframe, correct? Or is the entire hood CF with a fiberglass frame?
The entire hood is carbon fiber. The frame is fiberglass with I believe a layer of carbon over it. Is that clear enough. Are you intrested in the oem hood or the cowl style? Another oem hood is being layed up tonight.
I am interested. I have other obligations first. Will this hood be available after the initial GB?
I am interested. I have other obligations first. Will this hood be available after the initial GB?

Yes
are we gonna have pics of the cowl hood soon
Im also interested in the cowl hood... It seems that most of the people here are and I know it's been asked about 30 times, but will you have any pictures soon? Where is it at in the process of being made?

Mark
I'm going to put this on this post and the cf hood post.
I want the sail panels and the oem style hood. I have the money and just need to know how to get them from you.Please let me know how to do this. You can post back, but the best bet to get ahold of me it to e-mail me at immortalSVT@hotmail.com . Please let me know, I want these bad!!!!
hey i have been looking for a carbon fiber hood for a while now and I was just wondering if this hood is a cf hood without the cowl induction on the previous postings
if it is I am interested
thanks jarrod
OPIE check your email.
Jrodcsvt3258 check your pm's
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood...Mold finished - 03/03/04 09:40 PM
So Im guessing my(everyone else's) question about WHEN THE PICTURES OF THE COWL HOOD ARE COMING OUT, will never be answered
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
So Im guessing my(everyone else's) question about WHEN THE PICTURES OF THE COWL HOOD ARE COMING OUT, will never be answered

Sorry bro. The mold will probaly be finished early nest week. Mkaing the cowl is taking a little longer than we expected but we are trying to get it right.
Those of you who is waiting for a hood with the scoop, there will be a seperate thread so that we may differentiate from OEM style.

Therefore, members with interest or want to buy OEM style in C/F we will now collect the payment to ship out. The mold had been completed as it was mentioned.

All the work that we do is hand lay meaning, i only can lay up one a day from one mold. It will serve as first come first serve base.

Perhaps there is any concern or hesitation, pm me or make a post so that i can reply it to you in timely manner. I'll do whatever i can to assist you so that we can accomplish this project without any complication.

thank you....

OEM style hood in Carbon Fiber

As we receive an order, it will be posted so that we may know the status of what is going on. Also, you guys can make payment via Paypal (jkim@carbon-werks.com)

Come on people, lets get this thing rolling so that we can jump on to next project after this one. THERE ARE PLENTY MORE WAITING.
I NEED A VOLUNTEER FOR TEST FIT. THERE WILL BE A BENEFIT TO THIS PARTICIPATION. ANYONE ITERESTED PM ME. I AM LOCATED IN LA, CA. I AM BY STAPLE CENTER. LET ME KNOW.....
Originally posted by carbonwerks:
I NEED A VOLUNTEER FOR TEST FIT. THERE WILL BE A BENEFIT TO THIS PARTICIPATION. ANYONE ITERESTED PM ME. I AM LOCATED IN LA, CA. I AM BY STAPLE CENTER. LET ME KNOW.....

Must be a 98+ though. I know there is a few of you out there
Those of you who is waiting for a hood with the scoop, there will be a seperate thread so that we may differentiate from OEM style.

Therefore, members with interest or want to buy OEM style in C/F we will now collect the payment to ship out. The mold had been completed as it was mentioned.

All the work that we do is hand lay meaning, i only can lay up one a day from one mold. It will serve as first come first serve base.

Perhaps there is any concern or hesitation, pm me or make a post so that i can reply it to you in timely manner. I'll do whatever i can to assist you so that we can accomplish this project without any complication.

thank you....

OEM style hood in Carbon Fiber

1. Phillip Scabo Paid in full $ 550 on Mar. 07, 04

As we receive an order, it will be posted so that we may know the status of what is going on. Also, you guys can make payment via Paypal (jkim@carbon-werks.com)

Come on people, lets get this thing rolling so that we can jump on to next project after this one. THERE ARE PLENTY MORE WAITING.

Let' go People

Thank you for your payment. What is your user name Phillip?

Must be a 98+ though. I know there is a few of you out there

I can go up on saturday.

Posted By: TheFordGuy Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood...Mold finished - 03/09/04 12:17 AM
You can use my car too. I am about 6 hours away, so I would need advance notice!

Greg
There must be more people who want this OEM hood in CF.
i definately want one....but it won't be a possibility until early-mid may. but as soon as that roles around, and if they are still avaliable, you can count on a buyer right here

~Andrew
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:
i definately want one....but it won't be a possibility until early-mid may. but as soon as that roles around, and if they are still avaliable, you can count on a buyer right here

~Andrew

Just to let you know this is for the 98+ contours, I se you have a 95.
oh yeah....maybe i should read more. alas, my hopes have dwindled again...

~Andrew
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood...Mold finished - 03/09/04 05:33 PM
I want one....just waiting for a check.
there will be a test fit tommorow. i'll post photo as soon as it is done.

Guess you don't need me then.
i am ready to send money now but i wanna see what the cowl hood looks like first, also whats the price on the cowl???

Guess you don't need me then.

Sorry, I wasn't sure who is going down.

Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
i am ready to send money now but i wanna see what the cowl hood looks like first, also whats the price on the cowl???

Check the other thread.
Pic's after the test fit on Dion's car...

Scott
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 FITMENT PICS - 03/11/04 02:53 AM
Thanks again Scott. The fitment looks great. Good job Jhon! Now finish my cowl hood
Posted By: SVTcoop Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood...Mold finished - 03/11/04 02:54 AM

That looks amazing.
Originally posted by SVTcoop:

That looks amazing.

need to see pics but that seems sick. pics will makemy decision.
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood...Mold finished - 03/11/04 04:33 AM
Originally posted by svtkid04:

Dude tell me you're kidding. Look 4 posts up....?

Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood...Mold finished - 03/11/04 05:31 AM
Thanks Scott, I was having trouble uploading the pictures on my computer for some reason, and had a harder time downloading them onto my server.

Anyways, the hood is the one that was ruined from the rains here last week. As you can see from the pictures, the hood fits great, much better than my current CF hood which I purchased used a couple of months ago. The areas that were not damaged are very smooth and shiny. The weave is tight and even. The final product should be awesome, because I did get to see a few other projects being worked on and in the final stages.
Posted By: SVTcoop Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood...Mold finished - 03/11/04 05:59 AM
Quick question. I am a college student and am currently surviving off student loans. This summer I will be making some money. Will I be able to get one of those hoods this summer? or is this a one time deal?
Originally posted by SVTcoop:
Quick question. I am a college student and am currently surviving off student loans. This summer I will be making some money. Will I be able to get one of those hoods this summer? or is this a one time deal?

I hope so. It will if I can get five people on this now. I have one paid, and another thats problay a go when he gets back.
Posted By: svtsoboss Re: Oem Carbon Fiber Hood...Mold finished - 03/15/04 03:23 PM
Iam waiting for the cowl hood... please....
Bump. I need a few more people and I will close this out. Anyone else intrested?
Here is a testimonial from Dion, people you will not be dissapointed with this hood

And Carbon Werks hood is pretty spectacular! I love how the guys there used Carbon to sandwhich the fiberglass. The prototype hood held its shape without a subframe structure underneath. It is an awesome piece! I really don't like my hood that much anymore, and would love to get a new one!

sorry didnt see the pics it look great
I would love one. I just have to figure out how much it is in Canadian after shipping to Toronto and all that.
Originally posted by JULES:
I would love one. I just have to figure out how much it is in Canadian after shipping to Toronto and all that.

Give me your address and I should be able to give you a better qoute for shipping. Pm me if you want.
I want one, how many more do we need?
Originally posted by LoCo:

If I get payment from you , and another person I have been talking with, that will make four . We can accpet as many as who want to order and this buy will be open until at least the last one is made. But production will not start until the fifth spot is filled. Once there filled we can make and ship out one a day. So come on pay up
Originally posted by LoCo:

If I get payment from you , and another person I have been talking with, that will make four . We can accpet as many as who want to order and this buy will be open until at least the last one is made. But production will not start until the fifth spot is filled. Once there filled we can make and ship out one a day. So come on pay up

I will send you the money and a PM later today or tomorrow.
i would be intrested in the cowl hood
Posted By: crusinmercury CF Cowl Hood? - 04/21/04 04:08 AM
Any updates on the Cowl hood????
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: CF Cowl Hood? - 04/21/04 04:28 AM
As you can see we have had some delays, design changes, shop moving etc.. But I should have something by next week at the latest. We are still selling Oem hoods if intrested.
Posted By: SVT24 Re: CF Cowl Hood? - 04/21/04 12:00 PM
As you can see we have had some delays, design changes, shop moving etc.. But I should have something by next week at the latest. We are still selling Oem hoods if intrested.

If you can wait until 06/01/04 I would be very interested in an OEM carbon hood, just gotta close on the new house first!
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: CF Cowl Hood? - 04/21/04 02:40 PM

If you can wait until 06/01/04 I would be very interested in an OEM carbon hood, just gotta close on the new house first!

I can wait no problem, but its up to the manufacture if they decide to keep the molds around. Just contact me when your ready, and I will let you know
Posted By: johnnyblazed7697 Re: CF Cowl Hood? - 04/21/04 10:40 PM
i want a cowl hood but how much is the oem cf with shipping? and r they ready
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: CF Cowl Hood? - 04/21/04 10:58 PM
Oem hoods are $550 shipped, and yes there ready. One was shipped today another will be tomorrow. The cowl is $600 plus ship and "should be ready next week". The having some issues with the top layer.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: CF Cowl Hood? - 04/21/04 11:14 PM
Go ahead and get a picture of that cowl hood up when you can. I can't afford it yet, but maybe mid summer. Just need to know if it fits the look I am going for so i know whether or not to save for it. TY
Posted By: johnnyblazed7697 Re: CF Cowl Hood? - 04/24/04 08:20 PM
well i want a cowl hood when i see a pic
Posted By: Allyn48_dup1 Re: CF Cowl Hood? - 04/30/04 12:10 PM
Interested in the CF Cowl Hood, but like most, i'd want to see a pic first.
© CEG Archives