Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Kappa2006 Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/10/04 04:21 AM
I recently fabricated a new set of angel eye foglights for the contour svt. I posted pics on this website and there seems to be some interest there for them. I am just checking to see if anyone on the website would be interested in purchasing a pair of these fog lights from me. You will get the fabricated mounting bracket, the fog lights themselves, and all wiring needed for the install for a flat rate of $100. That also includes shipping anywhere in the USA. When you receive these fog lights they will bolt directly into the factory fog light holes of the svt bumper with no modding necessary, and will be fully adjustable vertically. I will stand by my product in that they will be defect-free. The only thing you would have to do is remove the factory fog lights (you can leave the factory lights on the factory bracket and I will send them with the new fog lights) and send them to me. It won't cost a lot to ship at all since its so light. If you don't want to it will cost extra for the new svt brackets. Any interest at all, just let me know. Here is a link to what they will look like...
Angel Eyes
Angel Eyes 2
Angel Eyes 3
Fog Lights
Posted By: path914 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/10/04 04:29 AM
It doesn't let me view the pics
The page you're looking for is not available.

But don't let that stop you. You can use your browser's back button to return to the page you were on. If you are having problems using the Ofoto site, please browse through our help section.

©Copyright 1999-2004 Ofoto, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/10/04 04:52 AM
it worked for me
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/10/04 04:53 AM
I don't understand why the links are not working for some people. The link works fine for me. Maybe too many people are looking at the same pictures at once. Thats my only thought. If your really interested give me your email address and I can email the pictues to you.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/10/04 05:14 AM
are those angel eyes wired to a switch or what? what if I don't have fog lights currently or the wiring kit?
Posted By: ibjamn Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/10/04 05:26 AM
I cant get the pics to work...Could you e-mail me some?
Thanks
Ibjamn44@columbus.rr.com
Posted By: Dtox Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/10/04 05:46 AM
Can you make the ring into different colors?
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/10/04 06:32 AM
Yes I can make the ring into different colors. I can use a 7 color changing ring foglight instead. With the wiring, it comes with a two position switch so you can run just the angel eyes or or the fogs, along with all other wiring needed. Very easy to wiring also. Just run the wires through the firewall, hook up to the battery, ground it, plug the wires into the swich and thats it. If you have factory fogs I can run you though an easy way to hook the fogs up to the factory switch and use another switch to work the angel eyes seperately. For those of you that do not have the svt front bumper, I can only sell the fog lights and wiring with the stock bracket that normally comes with the fog light. I can only make the custom brackets for those with the svt front bumper. If you have the svt bumper with no fog lights, I will have to charge you for the cost of the new stock svt fog light bracket because I will need that when fabricating the custom bracket for the angel eyes.
Posted By: ghosstryda Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/10/04 09:24 AM
pics no workie for me either... could you send to ssimpalass@aol.com? thanks so much!
mb920 \AT/ yahoo \DOT/ com
Posted By: Pienstars Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/10/04 03:31 PM
Damn, those look awesome. I might be interested, I'll let you know soon.
crusinmercury64@yahoo.com
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/10/04 05:23 PM
Ok guys someone helped me out on the pic forum and posted the pics in there. Hers a link to the forum page...

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=picsvids&Number=526477&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=3&vc=1

I'm still going tosend the pics to those who give me their email addresses just in case they can't see the pics on the above forum.
How long will you be fabricating these lights for??? As I am interested but just dont have the funds at the moment.
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/10/04 06:48 PM
I will do this whenever you would like it done. Theres no certain time frame. When you have the money and want it done, get in touch with me and we'll set it all up.
Originally posted by Kappa2006:
I will do this whenever you would like it done. Theres no certain time frame. When you have the money and want it done, get in touch with me and we'll set it all up.

Thanx alot Kappa, I will let you know as soon as I can afford it.....
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/10/04 07:16 PM
I can only make the custom brackets for those with the svt front bumper. If you have the svt bumper with no fog lights, I will have to charge you for the cost of the new stock svt fog light bracket because I will need that when fabricating the custom bracket for the angel eyes.

damn I guess that counts me out...
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/10/04 08:49 PM
for those with a contour other than the svt, I can still sell you the fogs themselves for a cheaper price if you want to attempt to mount it yourself. Just let me know.
Posted By: SmoothSVT Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/10/04 09:10 PM
Those are pretty sweet looking. I would think they will cost more. I take it they don't come with bulbs? I'd like to keep mine anyways. You'll hear from me soon.
I think I am interested. I need to wait on some money but I'll be wanting the green ones.
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/11/04 12:37 AM
They definately come with bulbs. They come with everything you will need to install and use them the same day. That $100 is all you have to spend.
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/11/04 04:51 AM
any pics at night to see how bright they are from the drivers seat?
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/11/04 04:58 AM
Non-SVT's, just the lights...How much?
What kind of bulbs do these take?
Are the lenses glass or plastic?
Are the color changing ring ones the exact same size?
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/11/04 05:29 AM
$60 including shipping
$70 for the color changing rings

I'll have to get back to you on that one. I know they're halogen though.

Glass

Yes I can get the same size.

This weekend I will post a picture at night from the drivers seat.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/11/04 05:30 AM
$60 including shipping
$70 for the color changing rings

I'll have to get back to you on that one. I know they're halogen though.

Glass

Yes I can get the same size.

This weekend I will post a picture at night from the drivers seat.

Damn, thats service!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/11/04 05:59 AM
Originally posted by SmoothSVT:
Those are pretty sweet looking. I would think they will cost more. I take it they don't come with bulbs? I'd like to keep mine anyways. You'll hear from me soon.

I see they do come with bulbs, but if I want to use my own, can I? AND will these plug into the factory 893 bulb harness or do they have to be wired all the way back to the factory switch? Depending on your answers, I'd go for the green.
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/11/04 06:09 AM
Again I have to look into the bulb situation. I can have an answer for that by this weekend. As for the wiring, I cut the factory wiring harness off and soldered it directly to the fog lights. I basically reused the stock wiring. The only wiring you need to run is for the angel eyes. I suppose I could look for a wiring harness for the bulbs at auto zone and solder it on for you.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/11/04 06:27 AM
Again I have to look into the bulb situation. I can have an answer for that by this weekend. As for the wiring, I cut the factory wiring harness off and soldered it directly to the fog lights. I basically reused the stock wiring. The only wiring you need to run is for the angel eyes. I suppose I could look for a wiring harness for the bulbs at auto zone and solder it on for you.

Does that mean the bulbs only have tabs on them like old sealed beam headlights? What happens if they burn out or get broken? Does the whole deal (except for the brackets) have to be replaced? Thanks, I'll watch for your answer.
PS> If any soldering has to be done, I can take care of it.
Posted By: slolx50_dup1 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/11/04 03:12 PM
could you send me some pics too, slolx50@aol.com

also i was just curious what brand and model light you were using. thanks.
Posted By: SmoothSVT Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/11/04 03:15 PM
Originally posted by bk4293:

Damn, thats service!

Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/11/04 05:38 PM
No the bulbs are replacable. He just doesnt know with which bulbs.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/11/04 07:36 PM
I see the bulbs are replaceable but it'll be a hassle to desolder and resolder the original wires. What about the guys out there who can't solder. I'd probably want to solder a plug to the original wires, so that replacement of the bulb would be easy. Then I have to worry getting a plug for the bulb, depending on what base it has. I guess we'll just have to wait for his answer.
Posted By: bkent_dup1 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/11/04 09:46 PM
If you "can't solder" you must be missing a hand or an arm. Go to radio shack and buy a $10 kit with soldering iron, solder, instructions. It is easy.
Posted By: SVTcoop Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/12/04 12:50 AM
Originally posted by bkent:
If you "can't solder" you must be missing a hand or an arm. Go to radio shack and buy a $10 kit with soldering iron, solder, instructions. It is easy.

I agree, soldering is a matter of two steps...heat up connection between wires, and apply solder. The metal will do the rest for you.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/12/04 01:02 AM
Originally posted by bkent:

I know--I work at Radio Shack. But you would be amazed at how stupid people can be. Some of them make you wonder how they can walk and breathe at the same time.
Posted By: ieffem Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/12/04 03:35 AM
Are they the Hella Optilux 2500 with the angel eye as shown here? LIGHT LINK
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/12/04 06:06 AM
No, those are 4". The ones I have are 3 inch which fit in the fog light holes of the svt bumper perfectly.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/12/04 12:29 PM
i measured my stock lights and they are Ã?3-1/2"
so there must be a slight gap all the way aound, right?
Posted By: slolx50_dup1 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/12/04 01:27 PM
No, those are 4". The ones I have are 3 inch which fit in the fog light holes of the svt bumper perfectly.

so what brand and model are they, i have searched and searched and all i can come up with are 4" ones???
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/12/04 05:22 PM
I'm going to the store this weekend to get all the information about the lights. As soon as I get there, I will post all of the information on the fog lights. (Ex bulb replacement, wattage, brand, ect)
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/12/04 05:34 PM
Thanks man.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/12/04 08:35 PM
Originally posted by bk4293:
Thanks man.

Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/14/04 12:20 AM
Ok everyone. Here are the final details. I went to the store today and got the information on the fog lights. They are 55 watts and the bulbs in them are replaceable. The replaceable bulb is the H1 halogen bulb. The final price for this project will cost you $120. That price is for either the angel eyes that you saw in my picture or the 7 color changing ones. Both are the same price. The only thing you need to do is send your stock fog light bracket and you will receive everything you need for the install. The reason my price went up is because the lights went up $10. Any further questions, just ask and I will gladly answer them for you. Anyone want a pair, pm me, email me, or post on this forum. My email address is BKappa2006@yahoo.com. Thanks for your patience.

Brian

Also, the brand of the fogs are Optix which is by Hella
Post deleted by slolx50
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/14/04 04:23 AM
Originally posted by slolx50:
how did you get those lights to fit, Hella lists them as 4" and the stock SVT opening is only 3.5"

In an earlier quote, you said your lights are 3" around. Is there a slight gap all the way around the housing?

One last question: if I want a green ring on the lights, I see I'll have to get the color changing lights. BUT, can I make them green all the time or am I stuck with rings that change to 7 different colors?

PS: I am very interested!!
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/14/04 12:17 PM
The Lights are 3" in diameter and so is the fog light opening of the svt bumper. Its a perfect fit. No gap at all. As for the colors, if you want green, just get the color changing one and leave it on green. It won't be an inconvenience. It will stay green on every start up. Just don't change colors.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/14/04 02:35 PM
One last question and then I'll leave you alone until I order. What is your turn around time-since I'll have two holes in the front of my car until I get the lights back from you. Thanks
Posted By: ElKy Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/14/04 04:09 PM
The Lights are 3" in diameter and so is the fog light opening of the svt bumper.

thats strange, because i measured my opening and it is 3-1/2" in diameter.
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/14/04 05:44 PM
I showed you the picture of my car with them installed...close up...and they fit perfectly. That could be my bad. I installed these about 2 weeks ago so I might be off on the size of the holes. I can assure you that they will fit perfectly or your money back. Turn around time on these lights will be 1 day. So If I receive the lights on a friday, they are shipping out on that saturday. If and only if I get a bunch of orders it might be delayed by a day or to but that is the maximum.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/14/04 08:11 PM
Excellent!! I'll be PM'ing you in the next month or so when the weather changes. Thanks
Posted By: 99 red SVT Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/15/04 01:55 AM
Originally posted by ElKy:
The Lights are 3" in diameter and so is the fog light opening of the svt bumper.

thats strange, because i measured my opening and it is 3-1/2" in diameter.

I don't have anything to do with this group buy, but here's some information that might help to answer the questions you have about the foglight diameter and what will fit in the bumper openings. The PIAA 510, common in most SVT foglight modifications, has a listed diameter of 3.9375 inches. The Optix foglights being sold in this group buy have a supposed diameter of 4 inches. Given their similar diameters, it stands to reason that the Optix foglights will fit as well as the PIAA 510s in SVT applications.
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/17/04 04:42 AM
Here are a few more pics I just took.
Just go to this link and scroll down. These definately work!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/526172
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/17/04 04:16 PM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
One last question and then I'll leave you alone until I order.

I guess I lied to you. I do have one more. I had a 97 Sport with fogs--it was very difficult to just change the bulbs. At one time, I was going to replace everything with Hella's (or PIAA's, I don't remember) but I was told the whole bumper would have to come off, so I didn't do it. How hard is it to get to these lights? Is it gonna be a major job or are they much easier to get to than the 97's were? And changing bulbs is one thing, changing the whole assembly is something else. I know you said install and use in one day, but ??? is that reasonable?
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/17/04 11:14 PM
I'm not 100% sure about your application. I've never installed fogs into an se. I could sell you the angel eye fogs alone and you could find a way to mount them. Shouldn't be too difficult. I can't see why you would have to remove the bumper to install them. Just reach underneith it.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/18/04 03:20 AM
I'm not 100% sure about your application. I've never installed fogs into an se. I could sell you the angel eye fogs alone and you could find a way to mount them. Shouldn't be too difficult. I can't see why you would have to remove the bumper to install them. Just reach underneith it.

I'm not being clear enough. I "had a Sport at one time" that I was going to replace the lights and that application was too difficult to tackle. There was a little more to it than just reaching underneath. I was asking if the job would be as difficult on an SVT. I don't mind jacking the car up to get to it cuz if I'm soldering, it has to be accessible. Hell, I guess if you could do it, so could I.
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/18/04 03:24 AM
Oh, sorry about that. When I did mine it was very easy. I just jacked the front of my car up, removed the cover under the front bumper, and could easily reach under there and replace them. There was three screws that had to be removed. It can easily be done with the svt bumpers.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/18/04 11:09 PM
Good!! I'll be in touch in a month or so when it warms up.
Posted By: Kappa2006 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights Interest Check - 02/20/04 07:10 AM
Great. Just let me know whenever you'd like them made.
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights - 03/22/04 07:03 AM
Did anyone end up ordering lights from the guy who started this? I sent him money over 3 weeks ago and havn't received anything but dates that I'd receive my package that have since come and gone.
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights - 03/22/04 06:57 PM
That sucks Ryelou, wish i saw this post earlier! you guys do realize that they sell these angel eye foglights at your local autozone and all you have to do is maybe and thats a big maybe is mod your brackets and run a wire for the angel eye switch...

ps. the fogs are only 45 bucks... not trying to take anything away from this groupbuy but i can't see paying double for the same or very similar item...
Posted By: Apu Nahasapeemapetil Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights - 03/22/04 07:24 PM
Like this?

http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDetails.asp?MfrCode=apc&MfrPartNumber=50550977
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights - 03/22/04 07:57 PM
Figures though.
IN
Posted By: Monk Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights - 03/28/04 03:20 AM
Originally posted by QuickSE:
That sucks Ryelou, wish i saw this post earlier! you guys do realize that they sell these angel eye foglights at your local autozone and all you have to do is maybe and thats a big maybe is mod your brackets and run a wire for the angel eye switch...

ps. the fogs are only 45 bucks... not trying to take anything away from this groupbuy but i can't see paying double for the same or very similar item...

Good call. I was looking at those same exact ones at Advanced AutoParts last week for $38. From his pictures and description I'd agree that they are the exact same.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights - 03/29/04 04:11 AM
OK just wondering....

But is this: http://store.yahoo.com/brandsportinc/glbl-apc-50550977.html

The same thing this guy is selling????? I mean these are $19 Shipped for 2 of them!!!!

I need new fogs....so someone please fill me in.
Posted By: onosway Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights - 03/29/04 04:34 AM
get em while they last ;-)
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights - 03/29/04 06:18 AM
It's the same idea, not the same product though. He's selling Hella's version of what looks to be something similar. How they compare in purpose/performance though, I have no idea.
Posted By: SVT24 Re: Angel Eye Fog Lights - 03/29/04 06:59 PM
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
OK just wondering....

But is this: http://store.yahoo.com/brandsportinc/glbl-apc-50550977.html

The same thing this guy is selling????? I mean these are $19 Shipped for 2 of them!!!!

I need new fogs....so someone please fill me in.

These are only a 2.75" Diameter, not 3".
© CEG Archives