Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/28/04 09:55 PM
Okay Boys and Girls,

Just got off the phone with Ray. Here is the deal.

It will go down same a last time. The only difference is that the price went up $5. I am waiting to hear back from a fellow CER about making the plates for us. Ray no longer has a source for the plates. With our fellow CER's help we will be able to offer plates for the 2000 style shifter also. As soon as I hear back from him we will be set to go.

Price will be around 105 bucks. This will include the shifter the plate and the shipping. If we get enough people in , 20:same number a last time, we maybe able to get Steeda to give us the old price.

So what I need from you guys.

What year car?
Do you want a plate?
Is your shift tower one big piece or small aluminum piece?

For the guys that wanted shifter knobs. Good and bad news.

Bad News: They are not selling them right now due to quality issues. Not sure how a shift knob falls apart?

Good news: We will try to do this after they start to sale them again in April.

Lets get it rolling.

Eric
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/28/04 10:00 PM
ok i have a 98.5, i would want the plate, and i MIGHT be down. ill have to check the funds come go time.
Posted By: path914 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/28/04 10:07 PM
You know I'm down. 1999 w/plate
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/28/04 11:06 PM
i'm in

cars a 2000
tranny and shifter parts are 98 svt
Posted By: papadage_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/29/04 03:45 AM
In also.

1998.5 w/ Plate.
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/29/04 04:27 AM
I've been waing for this.

I'm still in.

99 SVT.

Yes plate me please.

uhhh...I don't even know what a shift tower looks like to tell you what kind it is. Someone will have to give me some hints here.
Posted By: dorf tourcon_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/29/04 04:53 AM
I'm in.

98 w/plate

Also clueless about shift tower.
Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/29/04 12:23 PM
whats up guys.just wanted to say that i hope this group buy goes as well as the last shifter buy. Ray
Posted By: SvtinAtl Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/29/04 01:26 PM
Please count me in, with a plate.

98.5 CSVT

I have no idea, what type of shift tower I have. Is this critical?

Lee Alvarez
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/29/04 02:19 PM
I know this is a dumb question, but I haven't been keeping up with this, I just found out about it, and I want in, but, what is the "plate" for?
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/29/04 05:26 PM
Originally posted by FreeProjectPat:
I know this is a dumb question, but I haven't been keeping up with this, I just found out about it, and I want in, but, what is the "plate" for?

Ths shifter is longer below the pivot point on the shifter. With out the plate the shifter would hit the floor of the car. So with the plate you get enough room to install the shifter.
Posted By: EvlBill Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/29/04 07:05 PM
Originally posted by SvtinAtl:
I have no idea, what type of shift tower I have. Is this critical?

The type of plate you get depends on which style you have. And just because you have a 2000, DO NOT ASSUME you have the newer style shift tower! Some 2000's (including mine) were built with the older style shift tower, so you should check to see which you actually have. To help you out, here are some pictures I found from the last group buy thread.

The 98-99 style is two pieces. There is a silver part that bolts on to the top. With this plate, you will get longer bolts and actually put the plate in between the two pieces of the shift tower.

Here is an example of the 2000 style. Notice it is all one piece, so the other plate will not work. For more of Scott's pictures, look
here.
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/29/04 10:08 PM
Originally posted by myfastse:

Ths shifter is longer below the pivot point on the shifter. With out the plate the shifter would hit the floor of the car. So with the plate you get enough room to install the shifter.

Ok, thanks for the info...So that means everyone needs a plate, right? Meaning if correct installation is desired, to plate or not to plate isn't an option, correct? How difficult is installation... I'm in pending the install is simple. Sorry I'm being so difficult...
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/29/04 10:19 PM

Ok, thanks for the info...So that means everyone needs a plate, right? Meaning if correct installation is desired, to plate or not to plate isn't an option, correct? How difficult is installation... I'm in pending the install is simple. Sorry I'm being so difficult...

Very easy install. Took me 15 mins.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/30/04 12:28 AM
I am in.
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/30/04 01:15 AM
Cool, me too...Pending the Mrs.' approval, of course 98 SVT, BTW...
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/30/04 01:26 AM
I want in, maybe. If I can fix my OBX, I will jsut save face and do that!
Posted By: SvtinAtl Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/30/04 09:40 PM
Maybe this is a dumb question, but why hasn't anyone posted install instructions in the "How to" section?

I would feel better about the gb, and installation, if I had some instructions from someone that has already busted their knuckles and made the mistakes, so that I don't have to.

Lee Alvarez
98.5 CSVT
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/30/04 09:44 PM
Maybe this is a dumb question, but why hasn't anyone posted install instructions in the "How to" section?

I would feel better about the gb, and installation, if I had some instructions from someone that has already busted their knuckles and made the mistakes, so that I don't have to.

Lee Alvarez
98.5 CSVT

Here you go. Instructions from first group buy.

I think that they may be on like page 20 or so, but they are there.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/31/04 05:35 AM
How about a list of who is in so we know where we stand?
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/31/04 10:25 PM
Here is the first list.

1) path914
2) Speed Demon
3) papadage
4) 99SVT
5) dorf tourcon
6) SvtinAtl
7) Keyser
8) FreeProjectRat ( Pending better half approval )

Add your name if I missed you.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 01/31/04 10:38 PM
How many do we need to do this buy? 20 for possibly old price but how many for $105?
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/01/04 02:52 AM
Here is the first list.

1) path914
2) Speed Demon
3) papadage
4) 99SVT
5) dorf tourcon
6) SvtinAtl
7) Keyser
8) FreeProjectRat ( Pending better half approval )

Add your name if I missed you.

Don't worry, I pre-approved it myself. She can approve or disapprove when it comes to the door...
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/01/04 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Keyser:
How many do we need to do this buy? 20 for possibly old price but how many for $105?

Well, it depends on Steeda. We need at least 15 to get free shipping. That was Ray dosen't have to pay for shipping (to him from steeda) and we can get this price.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/01/04 08:45 AM
same shifter work on cougars with mtx75? cross post to NECO possibly?
Posted By: KTPdave Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/01/04 01:54 PM
Count me in '98 SVT with a plate.
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/01/04 05:44 PM
Sure I am in. 2000 SVT. Yes for the plate, but I dont know tower I have.
Put me in for one as well. YGPM!
Posted By: morbid Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/02/04 04:30 AM
This is something I'd also be interested in... but I'll have to wait for my tax return. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat. I should be e-filing tomorrow night... so if this gb doesn't happen until a couple more weeks, then I'll probably be in.

I'll check on the tower type.
Posted By: jshimer23 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/02/04 09:30 AM
defineately put me down. i'll need a plate and have a 99. this sure will be better then my beat a$$ ghetto cut shifter .
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/02/04 09:54 AM
you can put me down for a maybe

damn, if i had won my superbowl bets i would have the $ for this easily. . . .
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/02/04 04:40 PM
1) path914
2) Speed Demon
3) papadage
4) 99SVT
5) dorf tourcon
6) SvtinAtl
7) Keyser
8) FreeProjectPat
9) KTPDave
10)thjms
11)Antonio
12)jshimer23
13)Morbid(maybe)
14)KingPinSVT(maybe)

This is correct, right? Sorry, not trying to be pushy, just want this thing to happen...
Posted By: maverik_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/02/04 06:17 PM
Let's make this 15. (maybe) I would love to have one with a plate. Just hope the price stays low and I will have the money for it come collection time.

Posted By: SoopaCooga Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/03/04 01:38 AM
sounds cool. i'm in.

1999 (Cougar)

i assume i need a plate. is there a way to know for sure? i saw this in another thread: "and once again for you '98 and '99 owners...you DO NOT have to get a seperate plate...the plate that the shifter bolts thread into can easily be used for the riser plate...you will just need 4 longer bolts with nuts"

no knob, assuming the threads are the same.

Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/03/04 02:44 PM
Originally posted by gamiller:
sounds cool. i'm in.

1999 (Cougar)

i assume i need a plate. is there a way to know for sure? i saw this in another thread: "and once again for you '98 and '99 owners...you DO NOT have to get a seperate plate...the plate that the shifter bolts thread into can easily be used for the riser plate...you will just need 4 longer bolts with nuts"

Yeah, your quote is correct, but the best way to install it is with the plate these guys provide. I was in on the first group buy and the plate was veey solid and well made.
Posted By: SvtinAtl Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/03/04 04:15 PM
Gang,

will I need to get under the car? I have limited tools, time and mechanical skills. I am getting more and more concerned that this install could be more dificult than I want to tackle.

Lee Alvarez
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/03/04 04:58 PM
Originally posted by TommySVT:
sounds cool. i'm in.

1999 (Cougar)

Yeah, your quote is correct, but the best way to install it is with the plate these guys provide. I was in on the first group buy and the plate was veey solid and well made.

With the plate we provide this also allows the end user to return things to stock. With the new bolt and nut Idea, i'm not even sure you could very easily get the wrench on the nut under there. It could be done but not very easily. If you would prefer not to have a plate that is fine with us. Kust let us know.

We are trying to offer a product that makes this a complete trouble free install.

Eric
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/03/04 05:02 PM
1) path914
2) Speed Demon
3) papadage
4) 99SVT
5) dorf tourcon
6) SvtinAtl
7) Keyser
8) FreeProjectPat
9) KTPDave
10) thjms
11) Antonio
12) jshimer23
13) Morbid(maybe)
14) KingPinSVT(maybe)
15) Maverick

We have our 15 and the GB is still open. I have talked with our plate maker and he will start on the plates. The plate will be the biggest time taker in this guys. We have a fellow CEG'er making these for us this time. He is doing this after work and in his spare time. With out him it wouldn't be possible. I will let you guys know where we are with the plate how things are going.

Thanks,

Eric
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/03/04 05:03 PM
I will try to get pics up of my shift tower so that people can know what kind of plate they need.
Posted By: KTPdave Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/03/04 10:16 PM
When are we looking at a delivery time?
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/03/04 10:22 PM
Well it depends all on the plates. I am not trying to rush our fellow CEG'er in anyway as I want the end product to be of the best quality. I am guessing that it may take a week or 2 to make the plates. Then it is pay up time and then ship time.
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/03/04 10:28 PM
Keyser and thejms,

I need to know if you have the one piece shift tower or the multi piece design. Look at the pic in the links and tell me what you have. That way I can let our plate guy know.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/03/04 11:42 PM
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/03/04 11:58 PM
Keyser,

Rumor has it that 2000 had both styles in them. Could you look for me. Your shifter tower will either be like 3" x 3" and silver or 4" x 5" and black. I will have pics up later.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/04/04 12:15 AM

Looks like this.

My build date is 11/99.
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/04/04 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Keyser:

Looks like this.

Ditto
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/04/04 12:59 AM
Perfect,

Thanks guys, just so you know you have the bigger tower.
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/04/04 02:08 AM
Gang,

will I need to get under the car? I have limited tools, time and mechanical skills. I am getting more and more concerned that this install could be more dificult than I want to tackle.

Lee Alvarez

What he said Or asked...
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/04/04 02:12 AM

Lee Alvarez
98.5 CSVT

Just so I am on the right page. This is the proper installation for the 2000? and the 'plate' I am buying is the one that will go underneath my car? Do I have to make my own gasket?

Originally posted by scottd60:
Finaly got my plate made up and my shifter installed! Works great and I even used the centering spring without any problems whatsoever For you guys with the 2000 SVT this is the way to go...it will not crack, break or leak. I used Y2KSVT's instructions and instead of using plexiglass I used a piece of .125 aluminum plate and a piece of .125 closed cell foam rubber for a gasket. If you have a 2000 SVT and are intersted in a plate PM me and we can work a deal.

With Y2KSVT's instructions as my guide here are the pic's I took throughout the install. You can also go to web page for the pic's and read the captions to each pic.

shifter ready to come out.

bottom of car with heat shield removed

shifter with Triax installed

this is the plastic bottom plate and foam gasket you reomve

here is my new aluminum plate and gasket

this is how it goes on the shifter

bottom of car with shifter in place

bottom of car with aluminum plate and gasket in place

new Triax shifter in car

Finished Steeda Triax Short Shifter install

What do you think?
Scott

Posted By: SoopaCooga Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/04/04 05:22 PM
so do i have to remove the shift tower to know what size plate i need?

also, i recall hearing that the Focus shift tower is better. would this be a good time to replace it? or is that pointless with the short shifter?
Posted By: morbid Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/05/04 09:58 AM
hey myfastse... mine's a 2000 one piece tower. I guess you can mark me definite. I might overdraft my checking account, but at least I'll have a cool shifter!
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/05/04 03:01 PM
so do i have to remove the shift tower to know what size plate i need?

also, i recall hearing that the Focus shift tower is better. would this be a good time to replace it? or is that pointless with the short shifter?

The plate you need depends on what your shift tower looks like.

And that Focus shift tower you are talking aobut is located on top of the tranny. There are two towers: one in the car and the problematic one on top of the tranny.
Posted By: papadage_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/06/04 12:12 AM
Do you want to start collecting payments?
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/06/04 12:17 AM
We will wait until the plates are done. I like to keep the money part until the very last. I look at it like if something goes wrong in the group buy, you can't (not saying you would) mad at us for holding you money for 2 to 3 weeks before the product ships. So when all the ducks are lined up with plates in hand. Then we will start taking money. We will give everyone two to three days to pay like last time and then ray will order the shifters. So that way we are sure from payment date to ship date is less than three days. Last time it was one or two if I remember.

Eric
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/06/04 12:31 AM
Originally posted by thejms:

Lee Alvarez
98.5 CSVT

Just so I am on the right page. This is the proper installation for the 2000? and the 'plate' I am buying is the one that will go underneath my car? Do I have to make my own gasket?

Finaly got my plate made up and my shifter installed! Works great and I even used the centering spring without any problems whatsoever For you guys with the 2000 SVT this is the way to go...it will not crack, break or leak. I used Y2KSVT's instructions and instead of using plexiglass I used a piece of .125 aluminum plate and a piece of .125 closed cell foam rubber for a gasket. If you have a 2000 SVT and are intersted in a plate PM me and we can work a deal.

With Y2KSVT's instructions as my guide here are the pic's I took throughout the install. You can also go to web page for the pic's and read the captions to each pic.

shifter ready to come out.

bottom of car with heat shield removed

shifter with Triax installed

this is the plastic bottom plate and foam gasket you reomve

here is my new aluminum plate and gasket

this is how it goes on the shifter

bottom of car with shifter in place

bottom of car with aluminum plate and gasket in place

new Triax shifter in car

Finished Steeda Triax Short Shifter install

What do you think?
Scott

Myfastse.......can you answer my question?
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/06/04 01:42 AM
The plan is to include the gasket for the 2000 plates if I can get the material. If not a large bead of RTV will work fine. Will let you know for sure next week.

Scott
Posted By: rmcd79_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/06/04 04:32 AM
I'm in for 2.
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/06/04 05:04 AM
The plan is to include the gasket for the 2000 plates if I can get the material. If not a large bead of RTV will work fine. Will let you know for sure next week.

Scott

So that is the proper installation for the 2000's and that is the type of plate being fabricated for this GB? Thanks for the help
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/06/04 08:28 AM

Scott

So that is the proper installation for the 2000's and that is the type of plate being fabricated for this GB? Thanks for the help

Yes and Yes.
Posted By: SvtinAtl Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/06/04 03:15 PM
Gang,

I pulled up the shift boot yesterday on my 98.5 csvt, and I definetly have a two piece shift mechanism. Also, I checked the build date, which is 4/98. I hope this information help's to insure that I get the proper parts, plates, etc, for my car.

Regards,
Lee Alvarez
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/06/04 05:48 PM
myfastse, I heard you have experience with the B&M unit as well as this Steeda, I have the B&M currently and am contemplating getting in on this buy. What I'm wondering is how do they compare? I'm perfectly happy with my shifter I have now, but if this is a lot better, I'll spring the funds for it. I'm especially interested in how the throws compare,as far as length, crispness and such. Thanks.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/06/04 05:54 PM
My car was built in January of 99 as a 99...And I do not have that shifter tower!
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/07/04 05:09 PM
I am out. I just got a shifter for free so I will take advantage of that and sink the money into my motor. Thanks.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/08/04 01:03 AM
i hate to be a downer as well but i dont think the money is going to be right at this time.

ill keep checking and when its go time ill let you know if things have changed.
Posted By: quicksilver_svt Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/08/04 04:37 AM
so how much will it be for everything w/ plate and w/o plate and what is the advantage of having this and having it wit the plate and wit out the plate let me know thanks
Posted By: SvtinAtl Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/11/04 01:35 PM
gang,

I think I may take a pass on the Steeda gb. I have no idea what plate I need, there don't appear to be any clear instructions on how to istall, etc.

Sorry,
Lee
SvtinAtl
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/11/04 05:12 PM
gang,

I think I may take a pass on the Steeda gb. I have no idea what plate I need, there don't appear to be any clear instructions on how to istall, etc.

Sorry,
Lee
SvtinAtl

the install is pretty easy, it took me and my father about an hour, we took our time. but basically you put it back together just like how the stock one comes out. the plate is for floor clearence for the shifter. The instructions that come with the shifter are good also, but you only use one or two parts of them because it is for the Focus
Posted By: skillet26 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/11/04 06:08 PM
Count me in.

I new to posting on the forum. If it's not too late I'd like to fill in for one of the guys who dropped out.

I've got a '99 CSVT and I'll need a plate. I'll get back to you on the type of shifter tower.

Thanks
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/12/04 08:35 PM
gang,

Sorry,
Lee
SvtinAtl

I hope you realize the instructions come with the shifter.
Posted By: imnotacop420 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/12/04 10:13 PM
i would like to take part in the gb if not too late
98 svt w/ a plate. Im new to the whole group buy thing do we send money to one individual who then sends all the money in to the supplier?
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/13/04 07:57 PM
Man I've been waiting for months for this GB and now I may have to back out.

My car has just been nothing but problems and today it won't start again. This is like the last straw. I'm going to try to get rid of this car ASAP if i can.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/14/04 01:20 AM
I hope this wasn't all for nothing

These are the two different plates we have been referring to. The 99 and older models will typically use the small 1/4" thick plate on the top of the shifter tower. The 2000 models will use the large 1/8" thick plate that goes under the car on the bottom of the shifter.

Sorry it took so long, been real busy

Scott
Posted By: quicksilver_svt Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/14/04 07:41 AM
so how much will it be for everything w/ plate and w/o plate and what is the advantage of having this and having it wit the plate and wit out the plate please explain and let me know thanks
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/14/04 10:55 AM
I hope this wasn't all for nothing

I'm still in. I was just pissed. Maybe this car won't piss me off so much if it had a nice shifter.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/14/04 11:04 PM
hmm, i *MIGHT* still be in. i really want to, but i am going to have to work out some financials first. ill give a for sure or not soon.
Posted By: jshimer23 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/15/04 02:29 AM
i'm still in
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/15/04 06:33 AM
Originally posted by jshimer23:
i'm still in

Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/15/04 06:57 AM
i'm still in

Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/15/04 11:12 PM
Originally posted by quicksilver_svt:
so how much will it be for everything w/ plate and w/o plate and what is the advantage of having this and having it wit the plate and wit out the plate please explain and let me know thanks

Haven't heard from Eric in a while but I think the price is around $105 shipped?

The plate is required for the shifter to work in our cars. The shifter is really for a Focus but with the use of one of the plates it works perfect. What plate you need depends on the type of tower you have. All pre 2000 and some 2000 models will use the smaller 1/4" plate and most 2000 models will use the larger 1/8" plate. The Focus has a taller shift tower then the Contour...the plates make up the difference and allow the shifter to fit and function properly. It will not work without them. Both installations are very easy. The 2000 model requires a little more work only because you need to get under the car and get behind the heat sheild (does not have to be removed completly). It can be done in less then 1 hour. Pre-2000 models have been done in less than 30 minutes.

Scott
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/16/04 04:14 PM
So, with 98's and 99's, getting under the car isn't required? I'm still in regardless, just wondering...
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/16/04 05:17 PM
Just out of curiousity, whats the hold back on this? More people or the plates? Thanks.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/16/04 06:50 PM
Eric (myfastse) is running the GB but hasn't posted here for about 10 days? I think the goal was to get 20 same as the last GB to get the same price. He needs to post a list of who is in and what plate they need. I made the plates for this GB. I have 16-pre-2000 model plates and 6-2000 model plates fabricated and ready to ship. I'm just waiting on Eric and Ray at this point. Ray (Fastlane Motorsports)is the guy that got us the deal on the last GB.

Scott
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/16/04 06:57 PM
So, with 98's and 99's, getting under the car isn't required? I'm still in regardless, just wondering...

Nope...all done from the top. I think the hardest part for the 98-99 guys is getting the console out and it's not that hard After you do the job one time you will see that it can be done in as little as 20 minutes. That's how simple it is.

The 2000 guys will have to get under the car and behind the heat shield so this will add 20-30 minutes to the job. Still very easy.

Scott
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/16/04 11:12 PM
Awesome...Last time we did a list we had over 15 people, and more have said they want in since then...We should be good to go, right?
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/16/04 11:19 PM
yeah, but some have dropped out too...we will have to wait and see what's up with the guys running the GB.

Scott
Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/17/04 12:21 PM
hey guys,eric and i have been up to our eyeballs with work.we are still on top of things
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/17/04 11:32 PM
Hey Ray what part of NC are you from?
Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/18/04 12:03 PM
hey pat we are located in Raleigh,about 1 mile from the fairgrounds.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/18/04 02:26 PM
Ok guys...I received a PM from Ray last night, Eric has had a family situation that he is dealing with. That is why he has not been on-line and not responded to this in a while so please be patient.

What I need from all of you is to have this list verified and updated with the plate type you will need so that we have the proper amount of both type plates we need to complete the GB. This is just a list that I copied from a few pages back so it may not be very accurate so add, remove, update or whatever is necessary to get it right. Be sure to check your shifter tower before you pick the plate you need. You can easily pop off the ring around the boot with a small screwdriver to get a quick look at your shift tower and determine which plate you need.

If the top of your shifter tower looks like this (ignore the shifter part since the Steeda is already installed) YOU WILL NEED THE LARGER 2000 MODEL PLATE.

All others (some 2000, 1999 and older) will need the small plate.

1) path914
2) Speed Demon
3) papadage
4) 99SVT
5) dorf tourcon
6) SvtinAtl
7) Keyser
8) FreeProjectPat
9) KTPDave
10) thjms
11) Antonio
12) jshimer23
13) Morbid(maybe)
14) KingPinSVT(maybe)
15) Maverick

Thanks for your patience.
Scott

Posted By: morbid Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/18/04 07:14 PM
Morbid = definite and I have a 2000, 1 piece tower. Thanks!
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/18/04 07:25 PM
Man guys,

Thanks for being patient with me and Ray. We are working our butts off and I am dealing with my Uncle who just had a massive heart attack. He was in CCU until yesterday and is in ICU today. Hoping to move him to his own room tonight or tomorrow. We were hoping to have around 20 to make this work for everyone. I am thinking that we will close the GB sometime in the middle of next week. With the number we have we will make it work.

Once again thanks for being patient with us as we are up to our eyeballs in work and life at the moment.

Thanks,

Eric
Posted By: path914 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/18/04 08:49 PM
A big thanks to scottd60, Ray and Eric for all their hard work getting this GB going and following through despite all the difficulties. Hope everything goes well with your uncle Eric
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/18/04 09:15 PM
best of luck eric, to verify, i have a 98 shifter tower in my car so i need the smaller thicker plate....
Posted By: imnotacop420 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/18/04 10:02 PM
you can add me to the list i have a 98 and will need the smaller plate
Posted By: papadage_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/18/04 10:52 PM
I am verifying that I am still in and need the smaller, thicker, earlier model plate (for a 98.5).
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/19/04 12:19 AM
Still in! Need the 2000 plate.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/19/04 01:05 AM
Ok guys...I received a PM from Ray last night, Eric has had a family situation that he is dealing with. That is why he has not been on-line and not responded to this in a while so please be patient.

What I need from all of you is to have this list verified and updated with the plate type you will need so that we have the proper amount of both type plates we need to complete the GB. This is just a list that I copied from a few pages back so it may not be very accurate so add, remove, update or whatever is necessary to get it right. Be sure to check your shifter tower before you pick the plate you need. You can easily pop off the ring around the boot with a small screwdriver to get a quick look at your shift tower and determine which plate you need.

If the top of your shifter tower looks like this (ignore the shifter part since the Steeda is already installed) YOU WILL NEED THE LARGER 2000 MODEL PLATE.

Updated list:

1) path914... verify plate?(99)
2) Speed Demon... small plate (98)
3) papadage... small plate (98)
4) 99SVT... ?
5) dorf tourcon... small plate (98)
6) SvtinAtl... small plate (98)
7) FreeProjectPat... small plate (98)
8) KTPDave... small plate (98)
9) thejms... large plate (2000)
10) Antonio... small plate (99)
11) jshimer23... small plate (99)
12) Morbid... large plate (2000)
13) KingPinSVT... (maybe)
14) Maverick... small plate (98)
15) imnotacop420... small plate (98)
16) gamiller... verify plate? (99 Cougar)
17) rmcd79... small plate (98)
18) rmcd79... verify plate? (99)
19) skillet26... verify plate? (99)

Scott
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/19/04 01:29 AM
could we send money orders? im trying to figure out how i can pull this off. also, i have a 98.5 so i would think i need the fatter plate.
Posted By: jshimer23 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/19/04 02:14 AM
still in and have a 99
Posted By: 2kSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/19/04 02:22 AM
Jump on this guys,I bought one from the last GB. Ray and Eric are top notch guys. Any one near Dayton Oh.,I put one in my 2000(made a large plexiglass plate)and have installed a B&M in 98. I have a small plate from the last GB,free to anyone around here that needs one or needs help on the 30 min. install.

2kSVT

Rod
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/19/04 02:25 AM
Still in.

I obviously have a 99 so small plate me.

Thanks alot guys.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/19/04 03:44 AM

Updated list:

4) 99SVT... small plate (99)
19) skillet26... verify plate? (99)

Scott

Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/19/04 05:37 AM
Originally posted by 2kSVT:
Jump on this guys,I bought one from the last GB. Ray and Eric are top notch guys. Any one near Dayton Oh.,I put one in my 2000(made a large plexiglass plate)and have installed a B&M in 98. I have a small plate from the last GB,free to anyone around here that needs one or needs help on the 30 min. install.

2kSVT

Rod

Notice any differences in the B&M and the Steeda? Preferences?
Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/19/04 12:09 PM
hey guys ,money orders would be preferable,and im trying to get a paypal account setup to help as well.as soon as eric gets his family situation taken care of the ball will finish rolling.
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/19/04 07:17 PM
Originally posted by RayL5480:
hey guys ,money orders would be preferable,and im trying to get a paypal account setup to help as well.as soon as eric gets his family situation taken care of the ball will finish rolling.

I prefer paypal, hope you got it running by the time you are ready to collect money.
Posted By: SvtinAtl Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/19/04 08:04 PM
Hey guy's,

I have changed my mind again, and I am definetly in on the Steeda GB.

98.5 CSVT
Mfg date 4/98
Plate: the small thick one

How and when do we need to pay?

Lee Alvarez
SvtinAtl
Posted By: skillet26 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/20/04 03:04 AM
Updating my info.

4/99 build

I'll need the small plate.

19) skillet26... small plate (99)

Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/20/04 12:04 PM
money order or credit cards seems to be the way we are going to go.anyone who can pay with money order would be greatly appreciated.thanks
Posted By: morbid Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/20/04 07:25 PM
will we be paying directly to the manufacturer then?
Posted By: svtim_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/21/04 04:11 PM
another dumb qustion what is this mod supposed to fix i have a stock shifter and it is sloppy especially after 132000 miles ive replaced the plastic links twice but would be interested
Posted By: rmcd79_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/21/04 05:42 PM
Ok, I'm assuming the '99 is the small, thick plate. So i'm in for 2 of those.
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/24/04 01:54 PM
money order or credit cards seems to be the way we are going to go.anyone who can pay with money order would be greatly appreciated.thanks

When can we pay for this thing? I'm not trying to rush this, but I'll pay ASAP, to get it out of the way...
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/24/04 11:28 PM
Hey guys,

Just an update on my uncle, he is home now.

We are going to close this tomorrow at the end of the business day on the west coast. 5pm PST and 8pm EST.

I will send everyone a pm with ray's number so you can call and pay him. Once everyone has paid we will get the plates in and order the shifters from steeda. Then we will ship everything out to you together.

Thanks again for being patient with me and Ray.

Eric.

P.S. Scott, thanks for your help with this.
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/24/04 11:30 PM

1) path914... small plate (99)
18) rmcd79... small plate? (99)
19) skillet26... small plate (99)

Gamiller, can you let us know what plate you will need.

Thanks,

Eric
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/24/04 11:32 PM
Originally posted by morbid:
will we be paying directly to the manufacturer then?

You will be paying Ray. He is a steeda dealer.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/24/04 11:37 PM
sorry i cant do this by tomorrow. been sick last 3 weeks and have had to pay for some perscriptions. pills are effing expensive.
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/24/04 11:42 PM
Originally posted by svtim:
another dumb qustion what is this mod supposed to fix i have a stock shifter and it is sloppy especially after 132000 miles ive replaced the plastic links twice but would be interested

Not really sure. It may help with your problem as it is longer below the pivot point.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/25/04 10:31 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
sorry i cant do this by tomorrow. been sick last 3 weeks and have had to pay for some perscriptions. pills are effing expensive.

well i have worked something out. im in, for real. no backing out. seriously.

small plate (98.5).

oh, do we need longer screws or anything else that we have to buy?
Posted By: SoopaCooga Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/26/04 03:38 AM
just got the car back from the bodyshop. i will verify my plate by Saturday afternoon at the latest.
Posted By: ghodge_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/26/04 04:53 AM
Eric,

I was in on the first group buy for my 2000 SVT. Is there any way I can buy just the plate for the newer style setup and if so, how much?
I would like to replace that piece of acrylic that I am currently using as a plate.

Thanks,
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/26/04 04:58 AM
Originally posted by ghodge:
Eric,

I was in on the first group buy for my 2000 SVT. Is there any way I can buy just the plate for the newer style setup and if so, how much?
I would like to replace that piece of acrylic that I am currently using as a plate.

Thanks,

Yes...the plates are $10

Scott
Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/26/04 02:08 PM
alrighty,heres the info for the group buy.money orders can be made out and sent to Haywood custom speed 6204 daimler way suite #103 Raleigh NC 27607 or you can phone in @ 919-854-4774 and ask for Ray.unfortunatly because of upcoming bad weather i will not be in the office 2/26 and possibly 2/27.you can p.m. your info or call 919-796-1369 and ill take your order from home.we are still trying to come up with a cut off date for payment so we can get this order in as soon as possible as it will take steeda a couple of days to manufacture the shifters (they dont keep alot around,and as of the last group buy we had the largest order for the shifters to date).thanks guys for all your help and patience with this GB and i look forward to contact with you guys.thanks again Ray
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/27/04 01:00 AM
PM'd my info.
Posted By: morbid Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/27/04 04:12 AM
What is the total amount that we owe, and the paypal option didn't make it?
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/27/04 05:37 AM
Originally posted by morbid:
What is the total amount that we owe, and the paypal option didn't make it?

$105 Is what you owe. I think that the paypal option was kinda put on the side due to the dificulty. I am still having problems setting mine up after 3 months. The damn enrollment thing is a B****.
Posted By: AdamSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/27/04 06:20 PM
Hey guys new here, and i want in! I need the small plate cause i have a 98 right? well anyways count me in man
-adam
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/27/04 06:47 PM
Originally posted by AdamSVT:
Hey guys new here, and i want in! I need the small plate cause i have a 98 right? well anyways count me in man
-adam

You should be able to make it in. We need you to call Ray and Pay as soon as possible.

Okay guys,

Who has paid so far.

Lets start a list, so we can pressure the others in to paying.
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/27/04 07:05 PM
Okay guys,

Just talked to Ray's boss and they are having sleet and ice on the roads. Ray put his car in the ditch this morning. His boss said he was okay but I have yet to talk to Ray myself. Me or Ray will keep you updated on when he is back at work to accept calls.

Thanks for you patience.

Eric
Posted By: skillet26 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/27/04 07:11 PM
Sent my money order today. Hope Ray is OK.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/27/04 07:22 PM
will be sending out a money order in the beginning of next week.

hope ray is ok
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/27/04 08:00 PM
Okay guys,

Just talked to Ray's boss and they are having sleet and ice on the roads. Ray put his car in the ditch this morning. His boss said he was okay but I have yet to talk to Ray myself. Me or Ray will keep you updated on when he is back at work to accept calls.

Thanks for you patience.

Eric

I just got off the phone with Ray, he is fine. I paid with a credit card. He is at home if anyone wants to call and pay him over the phone. He said he'd like to have everyone paid in a week, so let's keep this thing rolling.
Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/27/04 08:52 PM
yeppers im fine...did i bother to mention i hate the damn snow.the car is fine ,thank god it just slid in and out and back on the road.phewwww!
Posted By: papadage_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/27/04 09:29 PM
I haven't gotten the PM. Can I get it to give him my CC info?
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/27/04 10:48 PM
Just send Ray a PM or call the number above.
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/28/04 01:08 AM
as stated before, PM sent to Ray w/ payment info
Posted By: dorf tourcon_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/28/04 07:03 PM
Sent my money order in the mail today.
Posted By: SoopaCooga Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 02/29/04 07:30 PM
shifter + small plate, please!
Posted By: maverik_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/01/04 05:34 PM
Sorry guys, but I am gonna have to drop out of this GB. Money is tight right now I am not gonna be able to come up with it by the end of the week. Really wanted to get one but things came up that swiped my moolah away. But if at all possible, I would still like to get the riser plate for the 98. Will be purchasing the Steeda sooner or later and don't have means to make the plate. Sorry about this.
Posted By: papadage_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/01/04 07:16 PM
Just talked to Ray, so I'm on order..
Posted By: path914 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/01/04 08:10 PM
Ordered
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/01/04 09:24 PM
Originally posted by path914:
Ordered

me too. thanks for all the work guys!
I will not be able to participate in the GB due to my engine going bad once again.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/02/04 06:00 PM
lets get these paid for so we can get our shifters!

how many more need to pay?
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/02/04 06:47 PM

1) path914... small plate (99) Paid
3) papadage... small plate (98) Paid
5) dorf tourcon... small plate (98) Paid
7) FreeProjectPat... small plate (98) Paid
9) thejms... large plate (2000) Paid
13) KingPinSVT... (maybe) Paid
19) skillet26... small plate (99) Paid

This is the list of who has paid so far.
Please update the list as you pay.

Thanks,

Eric
Posted By: morbid Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/02/04 07:49 PM
Ordered

me too. thanks for all the work guys!

metoo
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/03/04 12:04 AM
Is it too late to get into this? I want in with the riser plate on a '98 SVT, how much money? I'll go search through the million pages of info here, but if someoen just throws out a number I can send my money in pretty much right away if there's room. Let me know, please.
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/03/04 12:58 AM
alrighty,heres the info for the group buy.money orders can be made out and sent to Haywood custom speed 6204 daimler way suite #103 Raleigh NC 27607 or you can phone in @ 919-854-4774 and ask for Ray.unfortunatly because of upcoming bad weather i will not be in the office 2/26 and possibly 2/27.you can p.m. your info or call 919-796-1369 and ill take your order from home.we are still trying to come up with a cut off date for payment so we can get this order in as soon as possible as it will take steeda a couple of days to manufacture the shifters (they dont keep alot around,and as of the last group buy we had the largest order for the shifters to date).thanks guys for all your help and patience with this GB and i look forward to contact with you guys.thanks again Ray

Here is the number

Call Ray.
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/03/04 01:02 AM
Thanks. I'll give him a call tomorrow.
Posted By: SvtinAtl Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/03/04 03:06 PM
Gang,

I dropped my money order into the mail on Monday. I was going to pay by CC, but Ray wanted to keep the 3-4%.

Regards,
Lee Alvarez
SvtinAtl
Posted By: SoopaCooga Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/03/04 04:51 PM
i paid on Monday. and i'd like the small plate.
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/03/04 06:40 PM
I just called and paid for mine. I was the 10th one to pay, so it's officially on now. Just to make sure, I have an E0 '98 CSVT, I need the small plate, right?
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/03/04 07:43 PM
Originally posted by RyeLou:
I just called and paid for mine. I was the 10th one to pay, so it's officially on now. Just to make sure, I have an E0 '98 CSVT, I need the small plate, right?

Small plate is correct.

Scott
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/03/04 09:23 PM
will pay as soon as humanly possible next monday at the very latest, but hopefully tomorrow.
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/03/04 09:35 PM
6) SvtinAtl... small plate (98) Paid
10) Ryelou... small plate (98) Paid
12) Morbid... large plate (2000) Paid
16) gamiller... verify plate? (99 Cougar) Paid

Only a few left, everyone is waiting on you.
Posted By: imnotacop420 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/03/04 10:08 PM

i payed for mine last week called and gave my cc # dont see that im marked as payed
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/03/04 11:13 PM
Originally posted by imnotacop420:
15) imnotacop420... small plate (98) Paid

i payed for mine last week called and gave my cc # dont see that im marked as payed

Sorry missed you. LOL
Posted By: jshimer23 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/03/04 11:46 PM
i sent the money order in today. sorry, was going to monday but had an emergency business trip out to pittsburgh and didn't get back till late last night. so you can mark me as paid now
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/04/04 12:13 AM
11) jshimer23... small plate (99) Paid

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/04/04 02:13 AM
so is this happening no matter what now?
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/04/04 03:48 AM
sent a pm with payment info. so i guess i'm paid!
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/04/04 04:59 AM
so is this happening no matter what now?

yes
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/04/04 08:05 AM
awesome. were damn close to everyone paid now anyway! shibby!
Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/04/04 12:07 PM
yeppers its on,and with shipping and everything i save the 3-4% so i dont cough up any of my own money this time.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/06/04 01:27 PM
Would the price include shipping to Canada? If this buy isn't closed yet I would like to know. Shipping would need to be USPS to eliminate problems at the border.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/07/04 01:41 AM
Anyone???
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/07/04 09:27 PM
I think shipping would be more to Canada, I don't know how its being shipped but I do know they were trying to close this thing up.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/08/04 09:43 PM
any new news on this??
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/08/04 10:35 PM
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
Anyone???

Did you check your PM's.

Call Ray.

He is the only one who will know.

I am gonna guess that Ray is just waiting for all the money orders to show up.

I call him later and see where we are.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/08/04 10:44 PM
yaay i paid yaaaaaaaaay!! give me a cheeseburger lady!!
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/08/04 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Speed Demon:

(Tosses cheeseburger in your direction) CATCH!
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/08/04 10:55 PM

w00t, i'm excited, i wanna plaaaay with da shiftar!

stupid question, is the reverse lockout removable on this shifter? my momo knob is not reverse lockout compatible
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/08/04 11:00 PM

w00t, i'm excited, i wanna plaaaay with da shiftar!

stupid question, is the reverse lockout removable on this shifter? my momo knob is not reverse lockout compatible

Yes it is.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/08/04 11:29 PM
I just spoke with Ray about shipping to Canada and he is going to look into the cost and get back to me tomorrow. Worst case I have to pay for the shipping through USPS, although I hope not I can't see it costing more than UPS or FedEx.
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/08/04 11:40 PM
Where is Brampton? I might be willing to have it sent to my house and just meet up with you somewhere if it's around here. I'm in Detroit, so if it's anywhere around Windsor (and I realize odds are it isn't) I'd help if I could.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/08/04 11:55 PM
Originally posted by RyeLou:
Where is Brampton? I might be willing to have it sent to my house and just meet up with you somewhere if it's around here. I'm in Detroit, so if it's anywhere around Windsor (and I realize odds are it isn't) I'd help if I could.

Thanks for the offer but Brampton is just NW of Toronto, so about 4 or 41/2 hours to Windsor .
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/09/04 01:43 AM
Too bad this didn't happen earlier. I was in Niagara Falls a week ago and would've made it half way at least.
Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/09/04 01:59 PM
the payment for the BG ends today @ 2pm est.
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/09/04 06:52 PM
Just PM'ed my info.

Thanks again, Ray.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/09/04 06:54 PM

Well It's 1:51 and no word from Ray yet. Does tis mean I'm good for a shiter with small plate or does it mean I'm screwed?
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/09/04 06:57 PM

Well It's 1:51 and no word from Ray yet. Does tis mean I'm good for a shiter with small plate or does it mean I'm screwed?

Give him another call. I know his shop is very busy and he most likley forgot to call you.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/09/04 09:18 PM
I'm in shifter + small plate. I just placed the order with Ray. He's doing all he can to help me out. Very nice of him. Shipping is only a few extra bucks to Canada so no big deal. We just need to have it shipped as a gift from Ray to me to avoid duties and such.
Posted By: KTPdave Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/09/04 10:27 PM
I'm paid!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/09/04 10:48 PM
2) Speed Demon... small plate (98) Paid
4) 99SVT... small plate (99) Paid
8) KTPDave... small plate (98) Paid
14) SVTCANUK... small plate (99) Paid

Only waiting on one person. I believe that Ray talked to him. Also waiting on the money orders to come in..

Thanks guys for making this happen.

Eric
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/10/04 12:50 AM
no thank you. you and ray are the ones who made this happen. all of the rest of us would just be sitting here otherwise saying "dayum, i wish someone would do another shifter GB."
Posted By: ToltecSVT_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/10/04 04:49 AM
Ray and Eric, Guys, I gave Ray my CC info a few days ago, but I'm not on the list. Am I cool?
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/10/04 06:20 AM
20) ToltecSVT... plate? Paid

Better?

Sorry didn't know about you.

Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/10/04 11:34 AM
if i new how to make the pretty blue paid beside names i would have updated:) rmcd paid as well yesterday.orders are going in today.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/10/04 03:03 PM
Originally posted by ToltecSVT:
Ray and Eric, Guys, I gave Ray my CC info a few days ago, but I'm not on the list. Am I cool?

ToltecSVT,

Did you verify your plate to be the large 2000 plate or the smaller plate. Some 2000 models have been known to have the older pre-2000 style shift tower which require the smaller plate. I need this information ASAP since I am the one manufacturing the plates.

Thanks,
Scott
Posted By: path914 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/10/04 03:28 PM
Ray, Paypal has a large sum of money in my account on hold because of a mistake in their system(They're such a PITA ), so if the card # I gave you doesn't work, let me know and I'll give you another.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/10/04 04:02 PM
Updating the list with plate requirements and quantities. PLEASE check this list and let me know if you are listed with the wrong plate ASAP. Check back a few pages in this thread for information if you are not sure. I will be shipping these to Ray in the next week so I need this info quick.

13) KingPinSVT... small plate (98) Paid
16) gamiller... small plate (99 Cougar) Paid
18) rmcd79... small plate (99)
20) ToltecSVT... verify plate ? (2000) Paid

Plates needed:
17-18 Small Plates
2-3 Large Plates
1 Large Plate (f/ghodge)

Thanks,
Scott
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/10/04 04:39 PM
Updating the list with plate requirements and quantities. PLEASE check this list and let me know if you are listed with the wrong plate ASAP. Check back a few pages in this thread for information if you are not sure. I will be shipping these to Ray in the next week so I need this info quick.

Thanks,
Scott

I'm good.
Posted By: ToltecSVT_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/10/04 04:41 PM
Scott,
I have a 2000 with the one piece "focus" shifter tower (looks just like the pictures in this thread)(which i still think is odd that it even needs a plate - must be the cable feed angles through the floorpan that are just a bit off ).
Matt
Posted By: rmcd79_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/10/04 05:45 PM

13) KingPinSVT... small plate (98) Paid
16) gamiller... small plate (99 Cougar) Paid
18) rmcd79... small plate (99)
20) ToltecSVT... verify plate ? (2000) Paid

Plates needed:
17-18 Small Plates
2-3 Large Plates
1 Large Plate (f/ghodge)

Thanks,
Scott

I've paid for both.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/10/04 06:42 PM
Originally posted by ToltecSVT:
Scott,
I have a 2000 with the one piece "focus" shifter tower (looks just like the pictures in this thread)(which i still think is odd that it even needs a plate - must be the cable feed angles through the floorpan that are just a bit off ).
Matt

Matt,

With the short throw it extends the bottom half of the shifter below the pivot ball. On the 2000 models the cable will rub on the bottom plate below the shifter. With the new bottom plate on the outside of the car (below the shifter) instead of inside on the bottom of the shifter it gives the added clearance (about 0.125"-0.250") for the shifter to work properly. You will see that the cable assembly will sit slightly into the oval opening in the floor board with the new shifter. The plate will sandwich the floor board between the plate and shifter and allow the cable to sit down into the opening. Works very well...it is what I have in my car and I am VERY happy

Scott .
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/11/04 11:23 PM
Okay guys the order was placed.

We ordered so many that they had to manufacture 9 for us.
I will let you know when they get to Ray. I think that they may have shpped some already. If they did. Those who paid first, get shifters first.

Like I said, Not sure if any shipped today from Steeda, but the order was placed. Let you guys know where we are in a day or two.

later,

Eric

Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/12/04 12:55 AM
ah sh!t. Is there any way I can get in on this now. My b day is on the 30th and this will be my toy!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/12/04 01:01 AM
yay! i was close to the top of the list for paying! maybe ill get mine soon!
Posted By: SoopaCooga Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/12/04 04:00 PM
Price will be around 105 bucks. This will include the shifter the plate and the shipping. If we get enough people in , 20:same number a last time, we maybe able to get Steeda to give us the old price.

so we got 20 people paid. does that mean we get a price break?
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/12/04 05:10 PM

so we got 20 people paid. does that mean we get a price break?

Well, I would say yes but Ray was telling me that the price went up from steeda 4 dollars from when we started this GB and they wouldn't give him anymore of a break. Sorry, wish we could.

Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/12/04 05:15 PM

For trying to rub in peoeples face that you paid early, Ray and I have moved you to the bottom of the list.
Posted By: path914 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/12/04 05:53 PM

For trying to rub in peoeples face that you paid early, Ray and I have moved you to the bottom of the list.

"peoeples" don't mind, leave him alone
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/12/04 06:02 PM

"peoeples" don't mind, leave him alone

Damn you path, you ruin all my fun.
Posted By: path914 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/12/04 06:07 PM
Lol... and now back to your regularly scheduled GB...
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/12/04 07:58 PM

nnnooooooooooooooooo! you bastid! haha, i hope. oh well, im getting one none the less.
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/12/04 09:18 PM
Hey everybody,

Today is Ray's B-day. Give him a call and wish him a happy B-Day. 919-796-1369
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/14/04 11:13 PM
Eric and Ray,

I can provide all the plates you need if others are wanting in the GB. It is up to you when you cut it off.

All CEGer's,

I can also make plates for both types of shift towers out of the GB @ $12 shipped with Paypal payment pretty much any time. Send me a PM if you are in need of a plate.

Scott
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/16/04 05:35 AM
Okay guys the order was placed.

We ordered so many that they had to manufacture 9 for us.
I will let you know when they get to Ray. I think that they may have shpped some already. If they did. Those who paid first, get shifters first.

Like I said, Not sure if any shipped today from Steeda, but the order was placed. Let you guys know where we are in a day or two.

later,

Eric

Ok, it has been a day or two......or four. Just looking for an update
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/16/04 07:26 AM
Ummm maybe you should check out the El Glow GB. I wouldn't worry about 4 days...
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/16/04 07:27 AM
Ray is waiting for the first round of shifters to come in. Should be any day now. His said his company card was charged today. He is going to call tomorrow and see if and how many were shipped. They maybe waiting to ship them all at once.
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/16/04 03:32 PM
Thanks Eric
Posted By: imnotacop420 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/16/04 10:25 PM
i went to summit racing to get a new shift knob for the short throw and i was explaining the reverse lock out to the summit guy and he had no idea what i was talking about if i do not want to disable the reverse lock out do i need to purchase a special knob? If this is the case any idea where i can find one
thanks
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/16/04 11:08 PM
Originally posted by imnotacop420:
i went to summit racing to get a new shift knob for the short throw and i was explaining the reverse lock out to the summit guy and he had no idea what i was talking about if i do not want to disable the reverse lock out do i need to purchase a special knob? If this is the case any idea where i can find one
thanks

We will be trying a shift knob GB in the next month or too.

I'll let you know.

If you want one know. Momo makes some, Steeda makes some.

You just have to look a little harder to find them.
Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/19/04 02:44 AM
ok guys,ive got the first batch of shifters.the plates should be here soon and they should start hitting the ups truck asap.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/19/04 03:37 AM
yay!
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/19/04 05:23 AM
Posted By: jshimer23 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/19/04 10:46 AM
ray, how many did you get in the first shipment? and are you just gonna ship out the units in order of who paid frist? i mean that makes sense if so, i was one of the later ones to pay. just wondering what the time table is for those of us who might not make it in the first shipment.....other then that, i'm damn excited. my buddy gave me an incredible deal for his fsvt rims, and then with the steeda shifter, i might start liking my tour again
Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/19/04 12:06 PM
i have 12 on the first shipment,and yes they go out in the order i recieved payment.my tour is gone monday,trading for a 94 mustang gt ...weeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Posted By: path914 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/19/04 04:20 PM
i have 12 on the first shipment,and yes they go out in the order i recieved payment.my tour is gone monday,trading for a 94 mustang gt ...weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Are you trading it in at the stealership? If so, let me be the first to ask, are you selling any of your aftermarket goodies?
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/19/04 05:15 PM

Are you trading it in at the stealership? If so, let me be the first to ask, are you selling any of your aftermarket goodies?

Back off Path, he is trading it, pink slip for pink slip. I tried to get what I could from but he wouldn't budge.
Posted By: path914 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/19/04 06:06 PM
The 94's still had the 5.0L right? Hmmm...

Btw, Eric check your email...
Posted By: KTPdave Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/23/04 01:12 AM
How much longer?
Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/23/04 04:05 AM
we are waiting for the rest of the shifters and the plates.as soon as they all aive they will be out.hopefully not much longer.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/23/04 01:19 PM
Do we have install instructions somewhere for the smaller 2 part tower?
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/23/04 03:00 PM
we are waiting for the rest of the shifters and the plates.as soon as they all aive they will be out.hopefully not much longer.

Plates are getting shipped today (to Ray's shop)...he should have them Thursday or Friday.

Thanks for your patience,
Scott
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/23/04 05:16 PM

There should be instructions in the box and installing the plate is simple. It just sits right on top. See pics in thread.

Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/23/04 10:47 PM

There should be instructions in the box and installing the plate is simple. It just sits right on top. See pics in thread.

you only end up using half the direction since they are for a focus but the directions are easy to follow

only thing the directions don't cover is you need to either remove the centering spring or notch the tower so that the centering spring will work.....you will see what I mean when you try putting it in with the spring installed and the plate.

The plate riases everything so that means the spring is higher and cannot enter the cutout that was originally made for it

yes I know everyone says remove the spring but it works fine with it

also the focus 2-3 assist spring that comes with the shifter also isn't needed
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/24/04 01:19 AM
Will I still need to get under the car and remove the heat shield for the install with the smaller plate? Logic tells me no because of where the small plate is installed relative to the larger plate for the one piece towers.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/24/04 01:57 AM
the small pate goes right under the shifter on top of the tower, only the larger plate for the 2000 do you need to get under the car
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/24/04 02:32 AM
Originally posted by brapple:
the small pate goes right under the shifter on top of the tower, only the larger plate for the 2000 do you need to get under the car

that makes me !
Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/24/04 05:20 AM
ok guys the plates should arive by friday,i have 15 shifters now,the rest should be here by next week and the first batch should go out monday.
Posted By: MattB420 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/24/04 05:19 PM
im down
given the financials and when it happens, if it's what i think it is, the plate that goes on instead of the boot. Ive been looking for something like that.
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/24/04 05:25 PM
Originally posted by MattB420:
im down
given the financials and when it happens, if it's what i think it is, the plate that goes on instead of the boot. Ive been looking for something like that.

Umm...it's kind of over. And I don't think you're thinking of the right plate.
Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/27/04 12:46 AM
the plates arived today.i have 15 shifters now and they will be going out monday.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/28/04 09:35 AM
**clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap** **clap**
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/29/04 10:55 PM
Soooo...who's shipped today??
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/30/04 12:38 PM
I was #14 so hopefully me .
Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/30/04 04:25 PM
unfortunatly the list is not correct in shipping order.money orders go first since they where the easiest to process,next came those who called or emailed.something came up yesterday and ui didnt get to ship them out,15 are ready for ups right now and they are.. svtinatl,skillet26,vudusvt,dorftourcon,thejms,jshimmer,imnotacop420,freeprojectpat,kingpinsvt,99svt,morbid,ryelou,path914,gamiller,papadage.the rest wil go out as soon as i get the rest of the shifters.thanks Ray
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/30/04 07:02 PM
[Homer] WOOHOO! [/Homer]

Thanks again for putting this together.
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/30/04 11:06 PM
Yes, Ray, myfastse, and Scott, thank you very much...Can't wait...And I'm in NC so I should get mine in a day
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/30/04 11:25 PM
Originally posted by vudusvt:
[Homer] WOOHOO! [/Homer]

Thanks again for putting this together.

Yes, Ray, myfastse, and Scott, thank you very much...Can't wait...And I'm in NC so I should get mine in a day

This is my favorite part of the GB. Happy customers.
Posted By: SoopaCooga Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/31/04 04:58 PM
got my shifter today! those of you with small plates need to make sure you fish them out of the bottom of the box before tossing it out!
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/31/04 05:35 PM
Cool- be sure and let us know if there are any additional installation hints/tips/etc. that weren't already covered.

D@mn UPS guy needs to go cross-country to get me my shifter! C'mon Brown! Drive man, DRIVE!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/31/04 06:15 PM
ray do you think you can pm me a tracking number? that way i can sit and watch it day by day and wait for it to get here
Posted By: jshimer23 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 03/31/04 10:30 PM
i suppose i'll be getting mine tomorrow or friday . Thanks again guys for putting this together and making it happen.
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/01/04 12:21 AM
I want mine
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/01/04 01:33 AM
Got mine...My wife calls me at work(I work at UPS ) and she's like "The UPS man came today,what is a Tri-AF/X for $105?". LOL...Thanks again all those who orchestrated this thing, can't wait to get it installed this weekend...
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/01/04 04:01 AM
So did Scott end up sending out the plate with the gasket or no?
Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/01/04 04:28 AM
yes he did send out the ones with the gasket and ill try to get a tracking number,i just got my ups setup so i was doing this on the internet and forgot to print a reciept,ill try and figure it out,but hopefully it will get there before i get a chance to post it. i got rid of my tour last weekend ,traded up for a mustang again. WEEEEEE
Posted By: jshimer23 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/01/04 07:13 PM
got mine today. thanks again
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/02/04 01:12 AM
Think I will get mine over here in Nevada by tomorrow? I really want to put this in this weekend
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/02/04 01:15 AM
Got mine today...don't think i'm gonna go installing it for a few weeks but i can't wait
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/02/04 01:15 AM
What gasket??
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/02/04 01:22 AM
What gasket??

if you refer back to like page 1 or 2 of this GB I posted the How-To that Scott posted on the previous GB and he talks of a gasket that is needed when you install the plate underneath the vehicle (for the larger plate).
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/02/04 01:38 AM
So you won't need the gasket for the smaller plate? I just looked at the instructions and pictures but it looks like it's for the larger plate only. Is there instructions anywhere for the small plate? I thought I remember reading aftermarket knobs won't work with this Steeda, is that right? BTW, I got mine today as well.
Posted By: imnotacop420 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/02/04 08:15 PM
yep got mine yesterday too. My credit card company called me to verify i authorized the charge on my acct. I thought that was strange oh well. Dont worry Ray i gave them the ok to charge my acct. Now just need a shift knob steeda says they dont have any
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/02/04 08:34 PM
Hey there Ray,

Could I get a tracking number? I want to bore myself to death by watching the fantastically slow, cross-country trek from UPS hub to UPS hub. Then shout things like, "YES! 2 AM arrival scan in BFE! Only 9 more states to go!"
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/02/04 08:47 PM
Hey there Ray,

Then shout things like, "YES! 2 AM arrival scan in BFE! Only 9 more states to go!"

thats funny, cause i do that too!
Posted By: papadage_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/02/04 10:37 PM
Got mine yesterday. Can't wait to get it in this weekend. Thats a lot guys.

Ray, if you're in Jersey after the road course opens at Englishtown, let me know.
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/02/04 10:51 PM
Hey there Ray,

Could I get a tracking number? I want to bore myself to death by watching the fantastically slow, cross-country trek from UPS hub to UPS hub. Then shout things like, "YES! 2 AM arrival scan in BFE! Only 9 more states to go!"

Me to please, I was hoping to get it today but guess not
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/03/04 12:04 AM
Is it sad when I am going to my door like every hour hoping the UPS driver has dropped me off a package yet?
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/03/04 02:06 AM
Is it sad when I am going to my door like every hour hoping the UPS driver has dropped me off a package yet?

Yep .
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/04/04 08:27 AM

Yep .

Just to let you guys know. Ray left friday afternoon for the mountains with his girl for her birthday. I don't think he saw your post. I'll check with him late sunday night to see if we can get you a tracking number.

later,

Eric
Posted By: SoopaCooga Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/04/04 10:44 PM
Anybody know where I can find replacement bolts for the shifter? After discovering that they weren't shipped to me, I've been to Sears, Loews, and Home Depot, but nobody has a 6mm threaded, machine screw longer than 50mm.
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/05/04 01:06 AM
I didn't get any instructions with mine. I searched and found some for the 2000 style. Is the 99 style gonna be similar?? I know you don't have to get under the car for the pre-2000's but is the rest similar or anyone have any instructions for the small plate style?
Posted By: SvtinAtl Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/05/04 03:24 PM
OK, I recvd my shifter, plate and instructions last week. Yesterday, I pulled up the shift boot to "eyeball" things, and I am confused. First, where does the plate go (I have a 98.5 w/two piece shift tower). Secondly, where ever the plate goes, it's goona raise something, so will I need longer screws/bolts, and if so what size, length and thread thickness.

Is there anyway someone could install theirs and provide instructions and/or pictures for my reference. Better yet, is anyone in the metro-atlanta area going to be doing their install, perhaps we could meet and do both at once?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Lee Alvarez
SvtinAtl
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/05/04 03:37 PM
OK, I recvd my shifter, plate and instructions last week. Yesterday, I pulled up the shift boot to "eyeball" things, and I am confused. First, where does the plate go (I have a 98.5 w/two piece shift tower). Secondly, where ever the plate goes, it's goona raise something, so will I need longer screws/bolts, and if so what size, length and thread thickness.

Is there anyway someone could install theirs and provide instructions and/or pictures for my reference. Better yet, is anyone in the metro-atlanta area going to be doing their install, perhaps we could meet and do both at once?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Lee Alvarez
SvtinAtl

the smal raiser plate goes between the base of the shift tower and the top part that retains the shifter. You should have gotten four 60 mm length screws to fit the new shifter. These are long enough to screw into the plastic peice that sits inside the shifter tower. also since the sifter is higher the centering spring will not function, there has been alot of debate about leaving or removing it. either can be done, to leave it you need to notch the shift tower to clear the spring, try putting it in and you will see, the shifter will not be able to move up or down

if needed I will be home this friday/sat and can take pics of my shifter and post then
Posted By: SvtinAtl Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/05/04 04:46 PM
Brapple,

thanks, any and all pix, instructions and comments would be welcomed.

Lee Alvarez
SvtinAtl.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/05/04 07:05 PM
got my shifter today. no new screws or instructions though. oh well, new bolts cant be too expensive. can someone post instructions for the older style tower (with the small plate)?

also, what size bolts do we need to get. i take it they should be 60mm long from brapples previous post. what about the other measurements?

TIA

p.s. thanks ray, scott, and eric. i was bummed that i missed the first GB, thanks for putting it on again!
Posted By: jshimer23 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/05/04 07:16 PM
yeah. i didn't get the screws either. i have no problem with going to the hardware store to get new ones. also just need the correct size. thanks guys.
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/05/04 07:18 PM
got my shifter today. no new screws or instructions though. oh well, new bolts cant be too expensive. can someone post instructions for the older style tower (with the small plate)?

also, what size bolts do we need to get. i take it they should be 60mm long from brapples previous post. what about the other measurements?

TIA

p.s. thanks ray, scott, and eric. i was bummed that i missed the first GB, thanks for putting it on again!

Word! I didn't even think about the new bolts. I didn't get those either. So I am instructionless and boltless. So some specs on bolts and any help on the instructions would be sweet.
Posted By: SoopaCooga Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/05/04 07:41 PM
in my post, above, i mention that you need METRIC, 6mm (1.0 mm pitch) machine screw/bolt which is 60mm long.

i also mentioned that these have been hard to find at local stores; however, i found a place from which they may be ordered online. i suppose i can setup a bolt Group Buy.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/05/04 07:44 PM
oh, thanks. didnt see that the first time. THE SEARCH BEGINS!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/05/04 10:27 PM
edit: this is for cars with the small plate

well i found the right size bolts so i decided to just sack up and start taking things apart. its really not a hard install. took me about 30-40 min max and i didnt have instructions. here is a brief overview:

1. remove the shift knob, reverse lock out, and shift boot.

2. remove the center console.

3. using a flat head screwdriver, pry off the shift linkage on the right hand side of the tower. dont pry on the whole thing, just try to pop loose the little center section. when you get in there you will see what im talking about.

4. remove the 4 screws that hold the shift tower on.

5. pry off the shift linkage on the bottom.

6. slide the shift lever out of the housing. the shift ball will be covered in a rubber thing with two plastic halves covering the ball in the rubber. again, when you see it you will know what im talking about.

7. take that rubber sheild off of the top half of the plastic on the inside and slide that plastic half off of the shifter.

8. remove the bottom half of that plastic sheild (i just left the rubber cover on it as opposed to taking it off)

9. grease up the main ball on the shifter (use lots). the grease is uber sticky and messy. i didnt wear gloves and it takes lots and lots of paper towels to get off. also go ahead and dab some grease on the shift linkages

10. put the top half of that plastic piece you just removed on the new shifter.

11. put the bottom half and rubber cover back on stretch that rubber cover back over the top half.

12. i removed the centering spring. one, i like it without it and two, it looked like a major [censored] to notch the tower. if you need to notch the tower, when you put everything back, you will see on the right hand side where the spring hits. its covered in a little rubber coating.

to remove the spring:

a. take off the c clip on the end of the pin that the spring is attached to (right behind the elbow on the right hand side shift linkage).
b. pull off the elbow (dont lose the washer under the carpet like me! i had to find a new one).
c. remove the spring and put the elbow, washers, and clip back on.

13. insert your spacer in between the bottom of the shift tower.

14. slide the top half of the shifter back through the top piece of the shift tower.

15. work the bottom half of the shifter back through the bottom.

note: it may be kinda tricky to get the covered shifter ball back in the top half of the tower but once you do everything should fall into place

16. with your new bolts, start bolting everything back down.

17. reconnect the side and bottom shift linkages

18. put the center console back in

19. attach the shift boot to the new reverse lock out

20. slide the two rubber o rings onto the shifter and position them in their groves.

21. slide the reverse lock out back on the shifter (the flat side goes in back) and line the slot in the reverse lock out up with the hole in the side of the shifter.

22. insert the pin into the hole. it will take a little persuasion (sp?) but just bang it in, it will go

22. re-attach the shift boot to the console

23. put the spring from under the shift konb back on top of the new reverse lock out

24. screw the shift knob back on

25. enjoy your new shifter. ITS SICK!!!

this was just a quick write up so if i forgot something, let me know. hope this helps.

also, if you cant find the bolts anywhere, let me know. i would be willing to go buy you some, if you cant get them anywhere else. i just called around to some hardware stores and found some.
Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/05/04 11:48 PM
still havent gotten mine
Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 12:38 AM
guys ive tried my best from online to get a tracking number,when i shiped them out the otherday ,ups was not up 100% and i didnt print myself reciepts to save myself time.the instructions that come with the shifter are for a focus,no directions for a contour will be supplied by steeda.the bolts where included last time because i got lucky and got my hands on a box and threw them in,unfotunatly i couldnt get my hands on them this time.did anyone get reciepts,the fool who boxed them for me cant remember if he put reciepts in or not?if not let me know and ill mail them out.thanks Ray
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 01:04 AM
Yea I got a receipt with mine.

BUt more importantly: I installed mine...took me a little longer than most people probably but that's because I'm just a little slow lol.

Have a problem tho:

Doesn't seem to want to go into second. In fact all the shifts back are extrememly short where as all the shift forward haven't seem to gotten shorter at all. Worn linkage or out of adjustment maybe??? I really need some help on this one guys. Let me know what u think.

By the way. Those instructions that were posted today were really good. Thanks a lot.
Posted By: KTPdave Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 01:07 AM
How many more are there to ship?
Posted By: RayWee Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 02:27 AM
6 more to ship from the g.b. ,1 for a guy that wanted one after.glad to hear the install went well.im not for sure on your problem,but it sounds lke shift cables.sorry again guys for not having any bolts.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 03:42 AM
i got a receipt with mine. thanks again!
Posted By: morbid Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 04:54 AM
Got mine today. Just the large plate (2000), one big o-ring (??), and the steeda box with 3 bags (no instructions).

What's the o-ring for?

Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 02:38 PM
Originally posted by 99SVT:

Doesn't seem to want to go into second. In fact all the shifts back are extrememly short where as all the shift forward haven't seem to gotten shorter at all. Worn linkage or out of adjustment maybe??? I really need some help on this one guys. Let me know what u think.

how can a discribe it....yes the forward gears are more forward but that is because this shifter doesn't bend back to the driver.

in my car lets say third, is definately forward of where it was before, neutral seems to be about where third use to be and fourth is where neutral use to be

also about the second gear thing, hmouta said that his was hitting the plastic plate that goes under the shif tower, I don't think mine was but it was very close so that could be the issue

and to notch the console, it is a just a .25x.25 inch piece that needs to come out, hack saw and a dremel with cut off wheel will do the trick, it isn't that hard

also I have heard of people ditching the plastic peice and just getting nuts to use with the original bolts to hold the shifter in
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 04:59 PM

how can a discribe it....yes the forward gears are more forward but that is because this shifter doesn't bend back to the driver.

in my car lets say third, is definately forward of where it was before, neutral seems to be about where third use to be and fourth is where neutral use to be

also about the second gear thing, hmouta said that his was hitting the plastic plate that goes under the shif tower, I don't think mine was but it was very close so that could be the issue

and to notch the console, it is a just a .25x.25 inch piece that needs to come out, hack saw and a dremel with cut off wheel will do the trick, it isn't that hard

also I have heard of people ditching the plastic peice and just getting nuts to use with the original bolts to hold the shifter in

Ok, you guys were right it is hitting the plastic plate. But why would it be on some and not others? I'll probably just 4 nuts to hold it on instead.

Also I just noticed i have an extra piece:

What is this for?
Posted By: SoopaCooga Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 05:44 PM
the piece pictured above (upside down) is shown in the directions for installing the shifter in a focus. you might be able to install it in a 2000+, but not in a 98/99 from what i can tell. the piece helps return the shifter to neutral.
Posted By: morbid Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 06:41 PM
has anyone found web based instructions? I've looked at several Steeda sites and Focus sites... without any luck. Just want to make sure I do it right the first time
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 06:52 PM
its really not that hard. i also looked at steedas website for instructions without any luck. you may want to search over at focaljet. i believe there were some instructions for the 2000's on the last GB, but they were typed up by someone as well.

also, for those of you that need bolts, here is the website of the store that i bought mine from. McGuckins i dont believe they have them listed on their website, but if you give them a call they should be able to get you what you need.

if for some reason they cant, let me know and i can buy them for you and just mail them to you. they are .75 cents a piece, plus whatever a few stamps would cost.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 06:57 PM
the piece pictured above (upside down) is shown in the directions for installing the shifter in a focus. you might be able to install it in a 2000+, but not in a 98/99 from what i can tell. the piece helps return the shifter to neutral.

that is the 2-3 assist spring that was made for the focus, as far as i know it will not fit any contour
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 06:59 PM
Ok, got 4 nuts instead of the plastic plate...it goes into second now, but it is still hitting the tower on all gears going back and not the gears foward. And I'm not really comfortable with it in second, doesn't seem right. Any ideas?
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 07:19 PM
WOOHOO! UPS guy just dropped it off. Looks like I've got a mini-project for when I get back from work tonight.

Thanks again Ray and myfastse (whatever your name is ).
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 08:35 PM
When can the rest of us expect shipment ?
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 08:47 PM
When can the rest of us expect shipment ?

Steeda is having them made. SO it really depends on steeda. I hope in the next few days Ray will get the rest in, but only time will tell.
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 08:48 PM

Thanks again Ray and myfastse (whatever your name is ).

Eric,

And thank you for helping with the GB.

Posted By: thejms Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/06/04 11:18 PM
Finally got mine Yay!
Posted By: path914 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/07/04 12:00 AM
Me too
Posted By: thejms Bolt Question - 04/07/04 12:48 AM
Ok so like everyone said these bolts are hard to find. I went to look and found no 6mmx60mm bolts/screws. I did however find some 6mmx50mm bolts. Will these work or will they be to short? I also picked up some 1/4"x2 1/2" bolts (they were closes to 6x60 I could find) and some self locking nuts. Will these work? I just dont want to tear into this to only find out neither will work and have to put everything back together. TIA

Posted By: thejms Re: Bolt Question - 04/07/04 03:55 AM
Well I got no reply so I just said F it and took it apart....50mm bolts are way to long, 2 1/2" bolts, even worse. I ended up grinding down the 50mm bolts to about 35-40mm (home depot was closed) and just reused the old nuts. Works like a champ.

A must mod!
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: Bolt Question - 04/07/04 04:25 AM
....50mm bolts are way to long, 2 1/2" bolts, even worse. I ended up grinding down the 50mm bolts to about 35-40mm (home depot was closed) and just reused the old nuts. Works like a champ.

A must mod!

Just to clarify, I believe that the small plate people need the 6x60mm bolts. Your experience might only apply to the large platers.

By all means, correct me if I'm wrong.
Posted By: thejms Re: Bolt Question - 04/07/04 05:03 AM
in the how-to with pictures for the larger plate it shows Scott reusing the originaly studs, I tried but they were not long enough. Who knows.....I got it to work now so I am happy
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 It's in- with original bolts (almost) - 04/07/04 08:51 AM
OK, it's kind of ridiculous, but I was aspleep , and I got up for some water. Then I thought "hey- I think I'll install my shifter..." So I did.

Followed Kingpin's (thanks for that, BTW) small-plate how-to and everything went smoothly. The oringinal bolts were indeed long enough for me to use the plastic piece on the underside of the tower- EXCEPT for the lower right bolt- the one that holds the reverse lockout tab. For this, I found a (5x55mm IIRC) bolt that would (barely) pass straight through the embedded nut in the plastic piece. I then used a matching 5mm nut to tighten it down. The whole process took about 35-40 minutes- IF you don't count the 20 min that I spent looking for that one bolt! Honestly, the hardest part was hammering in that damned pin!

Went for a quick test drive, and I must say that it does feel much more "crisp"- especially the 2 & 4 shifts- those 2 DO seem a LITTLE shorter than the 1 & 3; the 5 feels ALMOST as short as the 2/4. I do seem to hit the tower on the bottom ones too, though. I don't think it's the plastic piece though. On my test drive, I went without the boot in place, and I could see the shifter *tapping* the tower on the 2/4 shifts.

I was kinda leery at first, but I also removed the centering spring. Guys, just do it, because it kinda feels like it's stilll there anyway. You'll save yourself some teeny-tiny, cramped-space hacksaw/dremel work, too.

Rowing through the gearbox before the test drive, I thought I was having 99SVT's same problem, but it turned out that I hadn't snapped the bottom linkage on all the way- I gently took some pliers to squeeeeze it together and *CLICK* nice crisp shifts.

Anyone else break the mounts to the e-brake boot when you took out the center console? ...oh well, another thing to waste some time on I suppose. How DO you remove the e-brake handle, BTW?

Sorry so long-winded,
Happy shifting.
Posted By: RayWee Re: It's in- with original bolts (almost) - 04/07/04 11:44 AM
yeah i broke my bot for my ebrake about the 4th time i took mine out on the first group buy,and its still dangling!
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Bolt Question - 04/07/04 04:06 PM
in the how-to with pictures for the larger plate it shows Scott reusing the originaly studs, I tried but they were not long enough. Who knows.....I got it to work now so I am happy

On 2000 models with the large plate you do not need new bolts or any additional bolts for the install...and the original studs work fine. You will however need somebody to push down on the whole assembly while you put the nuts on from under the car when mounting the plate. That is the hardest part of the 2000 install aside from the little round plastic clip on the side of the shifter...you will probably break a few of the fingers of but it will still work. Also on the 2000 install if you want to keep the centering spring "IT WORKS PERFECT" you do "NOT" have to modify anything like you do on the '98-'99 installs to get it to work!

Scott
Posted By: skillet26 Re: Official Steeda Tri-AF/X GB #2 - 04/07/04 05:38 PM
I got mine intalled and I works great. Thanks guys!

Regarding the centering spring for the small plate install... I was able to modify the spring instead of notching the tower by straightening the passenger side 90* bend and then rebending it a little farther down the end of the spring for just that side. The spring end won't stick out as far from the shifter tower, but with a little tweaking of the length of wire before the coils, I was able to get it to work just as before. The wire fits in the current notch and will engage the shifter rod enough to work correctly. No modifications were made to the other end of the spring. Just my thoughts if you wanted to keep the centering spring. Please rely if this doesn't make sense.

Now if I can find those pesky longer bolts...

Don
Posted By: thejms Re: Bolt Question - 04/07/04 06:14 PM

On 2000 models with the large plate you do not need new bolts or any additional bolts for the install...and the original studs work fine. You will however need somebody to push down on the whole assembly while you put the nuts on from under the car when mounting the plate. That is the hardest part of the 2000 install aside from the little round plastic clip on the side of the shifter...you will probably break a few of the fingers of but it will still work. Also on the 2000 install if you want to keep the centering spring "IT WORKS PERFECT" you do "NOT" have to modify anything like you do on the '98-'99 installs to get it to work!

Scott

You know Scott I got to thinking about that lol, I notices that the bolts I put in kind of countersunk into the rubber gromet so I thought " I bet I could of got those darn studs to work " ohh well, like I said works like a champ. And that damn retaining clip you are talking about......that took me the longest to get out. Out of the 8 or so fingers, there are 3 left. Plus a big chunk taken out of the base of the clip from me prying on the darn thing with a screwdriver. I am going to talk to Bill Jenkins or his new padawon and get a new retaining clip, now that I know how to get it off without breaking it. All you have to do is get a socket big enough to spread out the finger then just pull from the other side
Posted By: jshimer23 Re: Bolt Question - 04/07/04 07:05 PM
i haven't had a chance to check yet, but wouldn't Home Depot have the bolts for the small plate? i mean damn, they have just about everything there. are these bolts THAT uncommon?
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Bolt Question - 04/07/04 08:03 PM
i haven't had a chance to check yet, but wouldn't Home Depot have the bolts for the small plate? i mean damn, they have just about everything there. are these bolts THAT uncommon?

The bolts are that uncommon when you live in a counrty that refuses to accept the metric system. The bolts are pleniyful up here .
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Bolt Question - 04/07/04 08:33 PM
We get a lot of hardware for work from MSC http://www.mscdirect.com

They have M6x1, 60mm length Socket Head screws for $0.16 - $0.64 each $0.16 screws

and a bunch more here...link

Scott
Posted By: KTPdave Re: Bolt Question - 04/08/04 12:56 AM
FREAKIN' A!!! WHERE IS MY SHIFTER!!!
Posted By: RayWee Re: Bolt Question - 04/08/04 01:31 AM
i wish i had them ktpdave.when you only sell about 100 a year or so and we get 20 or so of them,you are on the bottom of the machining list i guess.they tell me they are working on them so thats the best i can do for now.i promise as soon as i get my hands on them you will be one of the first to go out,along with the other 5
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Bolt Question - 04/08/04 05:29 AM

why yes they do have the bolts...i actually got mine at lowe's...they have them in the drawers in plastic bags...they are the same size and thread just longer...
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Bolt Question - 04/08/04 05:53 AM
Incase anyone is wondering You will Love this Shifter.. If i had another CSVT it wouuld be the first mod i would do.
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Bolt Question - 04/08/04 06:30 AM
Originally posted by SteedaSVT:
Incase anyone is wondering You will Love this Shifter.. If i had another CSVT it wouuld be the first mod i would do.

yep i remember we were some of the first people on here to install the steeda,back in the day... ....mine is still in and is working perfectly with no problems...best mod i've done by far...
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Bolt Question - 04/08/04 06:52 AM
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
Originally posted by SteedaSVT:

yep i remember we were some of the first people on here to install the steeda,back in the day... ....mine is still in and is working perfectly with no problems...best mod i've done by far...

Im gonna try to put a tri ax f in the SHO HAHA...

ya i remember we where like ok who did it first.. Don't really matter you still have yours two silver csvt's set the way!
Posted By: SoopaCooga Re: Bolt Question - 04/08/04 02:39 PM
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:

why yes they do have the bolts...i actually got mine at lowe's...they have them in the drawers in plastic bags...they are the same size and thread just longer...

Not my Home Depot or Lowe's! They won't special order them either. Nearest TruValue or Ace Hardware is a 30 minute drive.

We get a lot of hardware for work from MSC http://www.mscdirect.com

They have M6x1, 60mm length Socket Head screws for $0.16 - $0.64 each $0.16 screws
Scott

unfortunately, they sell them in packages of 100.
Posted By: jshimer23 Re: Bolt Question - 04/08/04 05:36 PM
well i was just at lowes. i could only get m6x1 50mm bolts. is there a way i can make these work? i just don't want to rip everything apart and have bolts that are too short.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Bolt Question - 04/08/04 06:08 PM
the stock bolts should be 50mm, if you don't use the plastic plate you could get some nuts to hold the shifter in
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Bolt Question - 04/08/04 06:16 PM
the stock bolts should be 50mm, if you don't use the plastic plate you could get some nuts to hold the shifter in

that's what everyone should do....why even bother with the plastic plate.....i actually used that plastic plate as the plate to raise my shifter...i did my install way before the metal plates were made....just take a stock bolt to lowe's find the thread pattern,and match one up,and get one a little longer,and just use nuts to secure the bolts....very simple...that plastic plate underneath in not necessary,and actually causes some clearance issues on some cars(including mine)i just made my riser plate out of it...the nuts will be more secure anyway...
Posted By: jshimer23 Re: Bolt Question - 04/08/04 06:47 PM
as a matter of fact i was hoping you guys would tell me that cause i picked up the nuts with the bolts. i remembered some used the plastic piece as the plate to lift the shifter. i figured if it doesn't have to go where it is stock, then i could do without it and use a shorter bolt. i'll try it tonight and see if i can make it work. thanks guys
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: Bolt Question - 04/09/04 08:24 PM
Well just to let everyone know, I got terry haines to tell me how to adjust my shift linkage and everything is golden now. Goes into every gear.
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: Bolt Question - 04/09/04 08:29 PM
Nice. Now you've got to post a how-to!
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Bolt Question - 04/09/04 09:50 PM
Well just to let everyone know, I got terry haines to tell me how to adjust my shift linkage and everything is golden now. Goes into every gear.

Yeah, we all need to know. Even me.
Posted By: RayWee Re: Bolt Question - 04/09/04 10:16 PM
ok guys ,its good friday for sure!i got the official word from steeda that the rest of the shifters ship out monday,so hopefully by thursday they have all gone out.
Posted By: jshimer23 Re: Bolt Question - 04/10/04 12:55 AM
well, just to follow up with my situation. even taking the plastic plate out, 50mm are still a tad too short. the bolt won't go all the way through the nut. i had to go with #10 bolts that are long enough. they are a bit thin but seems to hold well enough for now. i'm still gonna search for some 60mm bolts. by the way, it feels great!!!!
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Bolt Question - 04/10/04 04:38 AM
Originally posted by RayWee:
ok guys ,its good friday for sure!i got the official word from steeda that the rest of the shifters ship out monday,so hopefully by thursday they have all gone out.

Ray did you get my message about shipping to Canada through the US postal service?
Posted By: RayWee Re: Bolt Question - 04/10/04 11:59 AM
yeppers,i sent you a reply after i got it.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Bolt Question - 04/10/04 03:42 PM
Humm... I never got it. So are we good on the Air Mail Parcel post?
yeah i broke my bot for my ebrake about the 4th time i took mine out on the first group buy,and its still dangling!

I did that to mine about two years ago when I did my stereo. I just remelted it back on with a soldering iron. One was broke up too bad so I demeled a hole and clamped it with some wire tie. it never broke again and like i said it's been two years.
since some one was asking before I took some pics of my installed Steeda shifter

I will say for compairision that with the stock shifter in 3rd my fingers would be right on the memory buttons for the radio, with the Steeda I would have to reach almost straight up with my fingers

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

reverse

neutral

raiser plate w/ reverse lock out

All these pictures have left me scratching my head . My car only has 2 bolts stock. One in the reverse lockout location and another in the opposite corner. Has anyone else found this? I guess the assembly guy got lazy.
All these pictures have left me scratching my head . My car only has 2 bolts stock. One in the reverse lockout location and another in the opposite corner. Has anyone else found this? I guess the assembly guy got lazy.

my stock shifter was held in with 2 bolts, when I got my Steeda it came with four bolts so I used all four
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: It's in- with original bolts (almost) - 04/12/04 01:27 AM

Same here. I had just thought that some ford service idiot had just put two back in. but i guess it was by design.
Posted By: RayWee Re: It's in- with original bolts (almost) - 04/16/04 12:54 AM
alright guys its thursday evening and the shifters didnt show up today,if they arnt here by ups drop off,im going to give them a call and update you guys tommorow.
Posted By: KTPdave Re: It's in- with original bolts (almost) - 04/17/04 03:13 AM
any update?
Posted By: RayWee Re: It's in- with original bolts (almost) - 04/17/04 12:26 PM
yeah there was an error in there shipping and accounting and they where showing shipped when they really didnt ,so ive been promised again that they will go out monday.i will have 2 extra if anyone is interested,i bought them out again.
Well Ray, I have to thank you for helping me out. I bought one from RyeLou. He is selling his car and never installed his, so I bought it from him. It was fast, we live miles away. Thanks for your help. I am sure that you will be able to sell it to someone.
Has anyone ever broken a steeda?

I ask because I broke my old OBX...3 times.
yeah there was an error in there shipping and accounting and they where showing shipped when they really didnt ,so ive been promised again that they will go out monday.i will have 2 extra if anyone is interested,i bought them out again.

Any update on this? Have they been shipped to you?
Posted By: RayWee Re: It's in- with original bolts (almost) - 04/22/04 12:19 AM
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee they arived this afternoon.shifters will be going out tommorow morning!also they shipped me 5 extra? so yes i have some for sale if anyone needs any.Ray
Posted By: KTPdave Re: It's in- with original bolts (almost) - 04/22/04 12:53 AM
Damn I wanted to get mine on this weekend....looks like it won't be till Mid May now.
Posted By: RayWee Re: It's in- with original bolts (almost) - 04/22/04 01:50 AM
if you want to pay for overnight shipping i will get it to you by friday?
Posted By: KTPdave Re: It's in- with original bolts (almost) - 04/23/04 02:24 AM
Just got the message from you....I'll call you on Friday. What is a good time?
Posted By: RayWee Re: It's in- with original bolts (almost) - 04/23/04 03:48 AM
hahahahaha ,before i get there.you can call anytime you get a chance dave,around 9am est would be great.
Posted By: RayWee Re: It's in- with original bolts (almost) - 04/24/04 12:55 AM
speedemon,toltec and ktpdave ,you guys shifters went out today.svtcanuck yours goes out first thing monday,ill be in touch to make sure ive got the correct procedure.thanks
My came this week!! Can't wait to put it in this weekend! Thanks Ray!!
Posted By: 1314_dup1 GB Closed - 05/01/04 01:23 PM
This GB seems to be done. Install type questions can go to other forums.

© CEG Archives