Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Keyser Soze baer re-open? - 01/14/04 02:52 PM
Baer is down to a 4 week wait. If anyone is still interested here is the deal.

Baer Track series brakes. 13.1"(332mm) rotors, calipers, hoses and hardware.

cross drilled, slotted, and zinc washed is an option. = csz

prices:

csz -retail is $795
5 0rders = 685.00 10 orders = 625.00

Blank rotors - retail is $695
5 orders = 600.00 10 orders = 550.00

You must have at least 17" rims to run these brakes. Can get rears to match if requested.

I have limited this buy to either one or the other. The last time there were so many options I was getting way too confused. You may also notice that the prices are $25 higher than last time. This is because I now realize that I have to pick these things up and ship them myself which not only will take a lot of my time but it's likely I'll need to rent a truck to get them! Shipping weight is 70lbs.

Posted By: m!key Re: baer re-open? - 01/14/04 09:16 PM
i am in again for blanks. thanks. timing couldnt be better.
Posted By: slolx50_dup1 Re: baer re-open? - 01/14/04 10:34 PM
i am definately in again, i am not sure what kit yet though. i am gonna haveto think about it for a day or two to see if i can come up with the extra money for the csz.
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: baer re-open? - 01/14/04 11:04 PM
i wished i could get in on this but im unemployed
Posted By: rmcd79_dup1 Re: baer re-open? - 01/16/04 12:05 AM
Time frame? I might still be in on this.
Posted By: slolx50_dup1 Re: baer re-open? - 01/16/04 04:32 AM
ok, i have made my decision. put me down for the blank rotor kit.

Alex
Posted By: peepshow Re: baer re-open? - 01/16/04 01:47 PM
OK, I'm in. Plain rotors for me. Any option for red calipers? How much extra would that be? (Yes, I'm a ricer )

Unbelievable, I haven't even picked up the car yet and I'm already spending money on it.

Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: baer re-open? - 01/16/04 02:38 PM
Trent-

Sorry but the calipers come with the BAER logo in red and that's it. Powder coating will cost a lot extra and probably take an even longer time to recieve.

Here is a link to the BAER website to see what they look like.
Posted By: peepshow Re: baer re-open? - 01/16/04 02:50 PM
No problem, Keyser. It's not a deal breaker by any means. I'm still in.

Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: baer re-open? - 01/16/04 07:37 PM
Current list:

Mikey Boy
Slolx50
RMCD79
Peepshow
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: baer re-open? - 01/18/04 04:09 AM
bumpity-bump-bump
Posted By: tckn19s_dup1 Re: baer re-open? - 01/18/04 03:55 PM
Depending on time frame and length of the buy, I will be in on the 13" blank/zinc.

Bernie
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: baer re-open? - 01/19/04 05:25 AM
I'm thinking a pretty tight time frame. 1st week of February is what I was thinking, but ultimately it's up to you guys.
Posted By: rmcd79_dup1 Re: baer re-open? - 01/19/04 06:38 AM
That works for me but I'm still a strong maybe (about 90%). Any earlier and I'd probably be out.
Posted By: tm-svt_dup1 Re: baer re-open? - 01/20/04 07:42 AM
Pencil me in. I just got new rims and can now see exactly how grooved my front rotors are! Blanks it is.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: baer re-open? - 01/20/04 01:44 PM
Mikey Boy
Slolx50
RMCD79
Peepshow
tckn19's
tm-svt
Posted By: peepshow Re: baer re-open? - 01/20/04 09:27 PM
Keyser, just out of curiosity, how much for a rear "touring" kit GB? Hopefully too much, so I can keep these evil thoughts out of my head.

Posted By: Rodewaryer Re: baer re-open? - 01/22/04 08:24 AM
I ( Rodewaryer ) posted back in pre-history (almost) that I was in on this deal and have been wondering what was going on, since I've warped my SVT Focus' fronts now. Someone had said the group buy were on backorder and then I found that Baer said it wasn't true. If this is a go ahead this time (and 'IF' my SVT Focus is still allowed in on the deal as I was told last time) I'm another FIRM entry. However I would prefer the Cross drilled slotted zinc option. I'll remain committed with the majority since it appears I'm one of few that wants the CSZ option but I wanted it to go on record that would be my first choice. OH, and I'll take them yesterday please.

Please add member can't drive 55 to the list as well (my son) for a set of CSZ also, (2000 SVT Contour). Same deal applies to going with the majority to prevent the deal going bust though.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: baer re-open? - 01/22/04 07:31 PM
You have your choice of either the full blown options or the blanks. Either one is good with this buy. I'm not sure why they would tell me minimum of 7 weeks and then tell you not, but oh well.

Mikey Boy
Slolx50
RMCD79
Peepshow
tckn19's
tm-svt
Rodewaryer
can't drive 55

Ok that's 8! 2 more for the final discount!
Posted By: m!key Re: baer re-open? - 01/23/04 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Keyser:

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! i cant wait to stop.
Posted By: slolx50_dup1 Re: baer re-open? - 01/23/04 04:34 AM
me too, i am super stoked, but i probably won't get to put them on till spring. at least i can look at them sitting in the corner of my room for a couple of months...
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: baer re-open? - 01/23/04 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Keyser:
You have your choice of either the full blown options or the blanks. Either one is good with this buy. I'm not sure why they would tell me minimum of 7 weeks and then tell you not, but oh well.

Mikey Boy
Slolx50
RMCD79
Peepshow
tckn19's
tm-svt
Rodewaryer
can't drive 55

Keyser,

I'm a maybe...are you going to offer rear rotors again as well and if so what would they cost? I'm reallt interested in a whole set both front and rear CSZ. IIRC they don't offer calipers for the rear but do offer rotors?

Scott
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: BAER 2 MORE! - 01/24/04 01:41 AM
Ok the rear rotors with cdz are $245.00. You are right about the calipers, they don't offer them.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: BAER 2 MORE! - 01/24/04 09:28 AM
keyser how soon chief? i need em on my door step no later than 3 weeks from monday....... if its possible i'm in.

oh, blanks
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: BAER 2 MORE! - 01/24/04 03:41 PM
It's a 4 week period to have them made. I can expedite the shipping to get them there ASAP but 3 weeks could be tough.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Taking money now for BAER - 01/27/04 06:29 PM
Ok gents it seems we are close enough to 10 to assume we can make it. We can start taking money now so as soon as I have 10 I will place the order. Call Keith at SF with Credit card # to order. Make sure to be specific of banks or CDZ. 480.615.4366
Posted By: m!key Re: Taking money now for BAER - 01/27/04 11:13 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!! thanks again man!
Posted By: slolx50_dup1 Re: baer re-open? - 01/28/04 06:57 PM
ok fellas, i just called in my order and Keith told me that i was the first, let's get this thing going so we can get our brakes soon!!!
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Taking money now for BAER - 01/29/04 03:13 PM
BUMP
Posted By: tm-svt_dup1 Re: Taking money now for BAER - 01/29/04 07:58 PM
OK Guys! I was number two on the list when I called today.
Let's get this wrapped up.
Posted By: m!key Re: Taking money now for BAER - 01/29/04 11:22 PM
i am calling i hope they are still there today.

they answered...asked for keith...keith is from chicago...ordered zinc washed blank rotors...i am number 4...sweet!!
Posted By: m!key Re: Taking money now for BAER - 01/31/04 12:56 AM
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/02/04 07:08 PM
ttt
Posted By: slolx50_dup1 Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/04/04 01:34 PM
ok, what happened to all you guys that said you were in?? i kind of wanted my brakes sooner rather than later!
Posted By: m!key Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/04/04 07:26 PM
not again ....
Posted By: can't drive 55 Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/05/04 06:22 AM
Sorry guys for the wait! waitting for my tax return From H&R I'm still in I'm getting $1'600.00 back from taxes so I got plenty of cash!!!!the latesest for my return friday!taking alittle longer than I expected! My Dad number 6(Rodewaryer) Pay Baer last thursday so he's in so that makes it SIX OF US!!7?8?9?10? Four more!!!

Posted By: peepshow Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/05/04 01:31 PM
I'm still in, waiting on tax returns or $$$$ from selling the Subaru, whichever comes first.

Posted By: rmcd79_dup1 Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/06/04 04:38 AM
I'll call tomorrow
Posted By: SVT4Door Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/06/04 06:28 AM
hey i'm new on CEG. is it too late for me to get in on this
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/06/04 06:59 PM
No it's not too late. Welcome.
Posted By: SVT4Door Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/06/04 09:03 PM
Keyser let me know what I need to do. I have a 99 Contour SVT. I have 17's so I can fit the big brakes. I would like the csz kit. It does come with stainless steel lines right. How much for the rear kit with same rotors and stainless steel lines. The timing is great my rear rotors are starting to warp.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/07/04 12:18 AM
Yes it these brakes come with lines. The rears IIRC(if I remember correctly) were $245 but that was for just the cdz rotors. I'll check on the additional set of lines that you want.
Posted By: SVT4Door Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/07/04 10:57 AM
yes let me know if they come with lines i would need those. these kits come with all hardware right.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/10/04 11:45 PM
Well this isn't looking good. I wanted to end this buy last week but we just got our 5th today. I'm betting you guys were expecting to pay the 10 price. What is the plan? Do we keep the buy open for a while and hope for 10, go with 5, or just say oh well we tried. ?

Posted By: slolx50_dup1 Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/11/04 12:46 AM
well i am in no matter what is decided.

also do you have a figure for shipping costs??
Posted By: m!key Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/11/04 12:48 AM
what are the screen names of those that said that they were in and havent paid?

i will be down for whatever we have to do because i said i was in. thats the way things should work. if you give your word you stand behind it.
Posted By: tm-svt_dup1 Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/11/04 01:32 AM
Well my brakes are part of my phase 2 upgrade so I can wait a bit, but if others want to go with the 5 people price no worries. I am in either way.
Posted By: rmcd79_dup1 Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/13/04 04:22 PM
I'm in either way
Posted By: tckn19s_dup1 Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/15/04 09:07 PM
Well, I'd like to say I am 100% now but I don't think so. I hit a huge bump in the road, blew a 215/35/19 BFG KDW, tore the sh!t out of most of my bushings and ball joints up front, and unexpectedly moved to a new apt all in the last month. Also my mother board was and still is completely fried. I am only able to get online once every 2 weeks lately.
Not looking for sympathy or anything jsut letting y'all know my situation. I apologize to everyone for the inconvience I may have caused.
If it is opened for a longer period of time I may be in but still, if y'all need this closed up, close it up. I will check when I can and if I have the disposable income I will definately be in.

Sorry again,

Bernie
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/15/04 09:51 PM
No worries Bernie. I've had plenty of bumps in the road.
Posted By: slolx50_dup1 Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/20/04 02:08 AM
ok, what's the deal with this??? i want my brakes!!!!!

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/20/04 02:27 AM
Well I was hoping that a few of the tax return guys would jump in but nothing so far. Looks like we will have to go with what we have. I'll close out this buy on monday and get going on placing the order.
Posted By: slolx50_dup1 Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/20/04 03:09 AM
KICK A$$!!!!!

one quick question, how much will the shipping be, or does the $600 for blanks with five people include shipping?? thanks again keyser!
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/20/04 04:11 AM
I wish I could include shipping but I can't. It will depend on your zip code. Shipping from 85210 and 70lbs.
Posted By: can't drive 55 Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/20/04 06:24 AM
sorry guys, yes my taxes are filed and waiting on tax return! They said 10 to 12 day I've got 6 more days!! I'm getting the brakes no matter what! don't forget my dad (rodewaryer)post name, Has already paid for his brakes! So how many poeple total does that make??????!!!!!! Again sorry to make everybody worry!!!
Posted By: SVT4Door Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/20/04 11:24 AM
keyser did you ever find out if the rear kit came with the new lines.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/20/04 02:33 PM
Sorry, forgot to post. No the rears are rotors only.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/20/04 11:25 PM
Now many people are officially in on this?
Posted By: can't drive 55 Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/21/04 01:55 AM
Alright guy's I'm in I got my tax return to day! I will give Street Flight a call tommorow!!! So how many people are in??!!
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/24/04 07:23 PM
Everyone please PM me with which kit you want and your shipping address. No one's card has been charged yet so don't worry. If you want in this is going to be your last chance.

-Chris
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/25/04 07:13 PM
Six orders have been phoned in to Street Flight. If you have intentions of getting in now is the time to speak.
Posted By: can't drive 55 Re: Taking money now for BAER - 02/26/04 05:49 AM
I just put my order in to Streetflight this afternoon,so I don't know if that includes me on that list? I was told by Keith that I will not be getting the brakes for a whole two weeks and that's not shipped, I'm picking mine up!!!! I want my brakes,current brakes are not going to last much longer!! photo of my car!
Posted By: Rodewaryer Re: Taking money now for BAER - 03/01/04 05:47 AM
Credit Card number supplied a couple weeks back, Can't Drive 55 and Rodewaryer are committed and not much else we can do. PM posted to Keyser for the info he wanted.

BTW, nice bloody picture! Who's the photographer?

Hee Hee.

Rodewaryer
My Hatâ??s Off to:
Ferrari and Michael Schumacher â?? for rewriting history!!
© CEG Archives