Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/14/04 01:45 AM
Well the bumpergroup buy that I had a while ago is back in motion as of today. This Saturday the prototype is going to be started. So by the folowing saturday it should be made. The first run is for pre 98 and for post 98 will be made a soon as I can get a post 98 front bumper donated from somone around here. It is an st 200 mondeo front end. It will have the look and the fit of OEM.

Sounds like a good idea
but I want to see pics first
I own a pre 98 and I already know what an st 200 bumper looks like. I want one
I own a post 98 and will wait till that one comes out

Thanks

Wesley
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/14/04 04:26 AM
i've been waiting a long time for this. but i love my 510s and now wouldnt want to give them up. but very interested to see how this goes.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/14/04 06:16 PM
How much bigger are the 510's then the factory fogs? The reason I ask is becasue we were going to change the fog light cut-outs to the US style fog lights.

Aaron
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/15/04 12:33 AM
98+ and i'd love to see what you have in mind! ALSO, got any ideas for a REAR bumper ....??
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/15/04 03:30 AM
the 510s fit the stock hole. damn, now your tempting me too much. i cant spend more money. but very very curious to see the outcome.
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/15/04 07:33 PM
Originally posted by SVTnKC:
98+ and i'd love to see what you have in mind! ALSO, got any ideas for a REAR bumper ....??

go to search and look up a group buy by " NVS Mystique" he had a rear bumper group buy.The price of the bumper he was selling has now gone down because a difrent company to make it has been chosen.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/15/04 09:09 PM
Couldn't find anything... Do you have a link to the pictures or anything?!?!?! THANKS
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/16/04 04:15 AM
Originally posted by SVTnKC:
Couldn't find anything... Do you have a link to the pictures or anything?!?!?! THANKS

Here are the pics

Enjoy!!
Aaron
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/16/04 05:23 AM
Now thats one ass that I like. Now all you need is something to flow on the front. I'm not to sure if i like the skirts or not. I think they need something maybe a more like it rols up a little in the middle of the skirts. Kinda like how hte svt ones do.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/16/04 04:13 PM
Originally posted by StealthWyvern:
Now thats one ass that I like. Now all you need is something to flow on the front. I'm not to sure if i like the skirts or not. I think they need something maybe a more like it rols up a little in the middle of the skirts. Kinda like how hte svt ones do.

Thanks, as for teh sideskrits I took the SVT ones off ebcasue I am sick of tehm(still sitting in teh garage) I have a Mirko front lip but it was taken off my car for 2reason: 1. some construction company left the road a mess and well lets just say it didn't agree with my Mirko and 2. When I had the lip on I had to part my car 2blocks from my house becasue I couldn't get my car into my underground parking garage and the closest place to park my car was 2blocks away(yes I know I'm crazy for parking that far away from my hosue).

Aaron
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/16/04 05:58 PM
lol Hey as long as it works for you. What do you mean by "Rear doors widened 1inch"? Do you have any ideas for a front bumper that woudl go better with that rear?
Posted By: CougarXR02 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/16/04 06:05 PM
Originally posted by NVS Mystique:

Thanks, as for teh sideskrits I took the SVT ones off ebcasue I am sick of tehm(still sitting in teh garage)

Interested in parting with those SVT side skirts ?
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/16/04 10:01 PM
Originally posted by StealthWyvern:
lol Hey as long as it works for you. What do you mean by "Rear doors widened 1inch"? Do you have any ideas for a front bumper that woudl go better with that rear?

If you look at the first 2 pics look at the back door and follow it along the bottom and you will notice that the rear door is wider than the front and the rockerpanels have been widened 1 inch also. Basically the whole side of my car is one piece so if some1 hits my 1/4panel to the point that it ahs to be replaced they will have to pay to have the old panel cut off and the new one welded to the side of the car plus widen it to flow with the sideskirts. As for my front bumper I will either put my Mirko back on or just sell my front bumper and put on my ST200 front bumper(I'm leaning towards option number 2).

Aaron
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/16/04 10:03 PM
Originally posted by CougarXR02:

Thanks, as for teh sideskrits I took the SVT ones off ebcasue I am sick of tehm(still sitting in teh garage)

Interested in parting with those SVT side skirts ?

I am but I will have to get back to you on Monday becasue I have some1 else who has called dibs on them and they will let me know by Monday the latest.

Aaron
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/25/04 02:59 AM
Well the font bumper should be out soo and i will have pics up within a day
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/26/04 12:08 AM
Originally posted by 1FASTDAD:

Posted By: Simon_dup1 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/26/04 01:28 AM

Can't wait!
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/27/04 12:38 AM
Well i have a Dumbass question and i dont feel like searching. BUt how much are the front bumpers going to be for the Post98. And how much for the rear Bumper. I love the way that looks. Sorry but i thought you were only working on Pre98 so i didnt pay attention to the posts.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/27/04 12:46 AM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Well i have a Dumbass question and i dont feel like searching. BUt how much are the front bumpers going to be for the Post98. And how much for the rear Bumper. I love the way that looks. Sorry but i thought you were only working on Pre98 so i didnt pay attention to the posts.

Thats just pure laziness!
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/27/04 03:07 AM

the price is around 400 CANADIAN mabe less
Posted By: Static Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/27/04 03:16 AM
were are the pics?
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/27/04 03:29 AM
We will have pics soon, I'm just waiting on the guy to get back to me, he is currently working an a few other projects for me that's why this has taken a little longer than planned but it will be done soon sorry for the delay.

Aaron
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/27/04 03:03 PM

400 for just the front, how much for the rear.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/27/04 03:05 PM

How much is that in US dolla's???
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/27/04 10:02 PM
Originally posted by bk4293:

How much is that in US dolla's???

At the current exchange rate it's $306.51 US.

Aaron
Posted By: SESportV Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/29/04 11:45 PM
If the ST200 for the post 98 is going to be around $310, count me in!!
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/30/04 12:46 AM
Originally posted by SESportV:
If the ST200 for the post 98 is going to be around $310, count me in!!

LOL ok just a reminder that the price is WITHOUT shipping. Once again sorry for the delay on the bumper the weather here is terrible.

Aaron
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/30/04 12:53 AM
Aaron i couldnt find the post with the rear bumper Gb, how much for the Rear bumper. I want to buy a kit soon.

Btw is this what its going to look like but with bigger fog light holes.

Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 01/30/04 01:05 AM
Aaron i couldnt find the post with the rear bumper Gb, how much for the Rear bumper. I want to buy a kit soon.

Kevin, for the rear bumper I'm going to go with the bodyshop that did the work because it was the painters idea so out of respect I will let him make the mold. His original price was $650 Canadian ($488 US at the current Exchange rate) and the way he was doing it was after the bumper was made he was going to test fit it to my car to make sure it was a direct bolt on. Yes I do realize that the rear bumper is costing more than the front but remember it's a different company that will doing the rear bumper and FYI the original bumper one that is one my car is worth $2,200 Canadian becasue it's all urethane and it was a pain to mold together and the BMW bumper costed a fortune ($1,200) So I will get in contact with him and see if the price still stands and I will send you a PM by tomorrow evening. As for that GB I was kind of happy not many people wanted it because it kept my bumper more exclusive.

Aaron
Posted By: SESportV Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 02/01/04 11:44 PM
Do we have an ETA for the Post 98, oh and I will drive to canada to pick up one of these bad boys.... I've been wanted an ST200 (lookalike) for over 1 1/2 years now ... you have no idea how happy I am that someone is finally making the Idea into a reality!!!
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 02/02/04 05:39 PM
well the pre 98 should be done in the next 2- 3 weeks. so depending on demand for the post 98. Basicly i need a post 98 bumper first since i cand find one for me to use. but once i get a post 98 it would take about 3 weeks to a month then that prototype should be made. Once the prototypes are done it doesnt take long to make. I hope to have all CONTIQUES covered in the next 2 months. ( I HOPE IM NOT MAKING ANY PROMISES ON THE TIME LINE.) It all depends on how buisy the guy that is doing it is.

Wesley
Posted By: shih19 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 02/08/04 12:26 PM
hello,, am I too late for this ?
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 02/08/04 05:07 PM
No you aren't. The donor cars bumper should be finished by the end of this week, and once it is complete we will post pics right away.

Aaron
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 02/12/04 11:12 PM
well since were waiting for the bumper.I am going poast the website of the company that is making the bumper. Dont let the name of the company fool you. They do good work.
www.freewebs.com/ghettogarage
Posted By: outkast Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 02/12/04 11:34 PM
ghetto garage?If I hit you with some weed and a 40!Can
I get one haft price?
Posted By: shih19 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 02/13/04 03:18 AM
did you have the first bumper ready ?
can't wait to see what it's like ?
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 02/13/04 10:56 PM
Originally posted by shih19:
did you have the first bumper ready ?
can't wait to see what it's like ?

The first bumper is almost ready, 1FASTDAD or I will be getting a hold of the shop this week to get an update. Thanks for your patience.

Aaron
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 02/13/04 10:57 PM
Originally posted by outkast:
I get one haft price?

You can't get the bumper at half price but, but I will take that weed and the 40

Aaron
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 02/14/04 04:09 PM
Originally posted by outkast:
I get one haft price?

You can't get the bumper at half price but, but I will take that weed and the 40

Aaron

O NO YOU DONT AARON!!!!!
Its my group buy. If anyone gets the weed and the 40 ITS ME
Well there is a slight delay in the prototype due to the foglights.

Do you want to
keep the north american fog lights
get the type of fog lights from the st 200

i pre fer the north american oem but its up to the buyer
I think I would prefer the oem foggies as well

Ah, and can one of ya'll clue me as to what material this bumper is going to be made out of??? just curious. thx
Originally posted by Stolon #05:
I think I would prefer the oem foggies as well

Ah, and can one of ya'll clue me as to what material this bumper is going to be made out of??? just curious. thx

it is going to be fiberglass. But they tell me that there will be flex in it so it wont break right away.
ST 200 fogs all the way!!!
patiently waiting...
Looked at the site for the company making these and their work looks really nice. I'm probably going to jump right on this once they are ready as my current bumper is falling to pieces FAST...
patiently waiting...
Looked at the site for the company making these and their work looks really nice. I'm probably going to jump right on this once they are ready as my current bumper is falling to pieces FAST...

Ditto and Ditto lol patiently waiting, and my current bumper is in three seperate pieces due to a hit skip oh the HWY, guess i'm lucky that i'm not in 3 seperate pieces
well the stock fogs wont fit. Its got to be st 200 style fogs now. sorry to anone that wanted oem's
well the stock fogs wont fit. Its got to be st 200 style fogs now. sorry to anone that wanted oem's

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll buy a set of OEM fogs with brakets if someone needs to get rid of a set.
Posted By: SESportV Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/09/04 01:50 AM
updates??
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/09/04 01:53 PM
none yet
Posted By: SESportV Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/16/04 04:50 PM
as of right now what is the likelyhood of post 98's being produced?
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/16/04 08:41 PM
better then the pre 98's. it looks like the prototype that will be on my car is going to be the only one. the post 98 will sell alot better the the pre's (I HOPE). Therfore it WILL be made.

Wesley
Posted By: SESportV Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/18/04 05:36 PM
Sweet... do you have a more up-to-date price for them?
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/18/04 07:38 PM
it should be around the same. $400 canadian
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/19/04 03:07 PM
While this GB seems to be progressing, I'd like to know what happened to your other one--the moving hood scoop. I was very interested in that one and it seems to have disappeared. What's up?
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/20/04 07:41 AM
thats still around its just moving slower then this one.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/22/04 12:30 AM
better then the pre 98's. it looks like the prototype that will be on my car is going to be the only one. the post 98 will sell alot better the the pre's (I HOPE). Therfore it WILL be made.

Wesley

well that suxs...
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/22/04 01:26 PM

Wesley

well that suxs...

hey if you want a pre 98 then thats great i will make you one. just it didnt look like there was any intrest in the pre 98's
Posted By: SESportV Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/27/04 06:55 AM
Just chekin for progress
Posted By: jiako_dup1 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/27/04 01:29 PM
I am very interested? But need to see a pic.
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/27/04 04:53 PM
this is what it is going to look like. its jut realy hard to find a focus bumper to donate the bottom half to hacking up.

Wesley
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/28/04 04:57 PM
Hope these come out sweet. I'd drive out there to pick on eup for my post-98 SVT. Can't wait for pics, I need a new front bumper BADLY! 1 question, is the bumper coming with the st200 foglights or do we have to purchase those seperatly?
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/28/04 05:51 PM
you have to get those on your own. you can find them anywhereand there cheep. we were trying to keep the oem's but it wouldnt look right.

Wesley
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/28/04 06:10 PM
alright, cool thanks.
Posted By: SESportV Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/29/04 06:21 AM
you have to get those on your own. you can find them anywhereand there cheep. we were trying to keep the oem's but it wouldnt look right.

Wesley

Will you make it then so that the st24/st200 projector fogs will directly bolt in? Also will the triangular piece that surrounds the foglight be supplied with the bumper?
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/29/04 11:27 AM
Hay just saw this, I might like one after you get the pics up. Its a Pre-98 so will you still do some if people want them or no its not going to happen for the pre 98s?
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/30/04 02:11 AM
Originally posted by tjbugs1:
Hay just saw this, I might like one after you get the pics up. Its a Pre-98 so will you still do some if people want them or no its not going to happen for the pre 98s?

i will make them for what ever for what ever year contique wants them

Wesley
Posted By: Batmobile_dup1 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/30/04 03:06 AM

Wesley

Will you make them to fit a Mystique (post-98)?
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/30/04 05:19 AM
yes
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 03/30/04 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Batmobile:

Wesley

Will you make them to fit a Mystique (post-98)?

We will use my mystique and we will make it sit as low as my SVT front bumper sits that way it will run level with the rest of the SVT kit.

Aaron
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 04/01/04 05:13 PM
well the car is going in on the week of the 19th..(i hope) so ics of the prototype should be up soon after.
Posted By: sleepie1084_dup1 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 04/02/04 06:41 AM
I like the bumper. count me in.. So, would it look right with the svt rear? I think that's what I'm going to try and get, because I havent really seen any other rear's that catch my eye.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 04/02/04 04:48 PM
Yes it will look fine with the SVT rear and sides, thats what 1FASTDAD will be running on his car. As for a rear bumper you can always go custom thast what I did.

Aaron
Posted By: rthoman Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 04/02/04 08:18 PM
So who wants to sell there SVT bumper when they get their new ones? Please let me know...
Posted By: SESportV Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 04/09/04 02:25 AM
So how's the bumper comin....
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 04/09/04 05:03 AM
april 19th theats when it goes in to get done...7 days later there will be pictures

Wesley
Posted By: Nate S Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 04/16/04 01:59 AM
sweeet
Posted By: alexey Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 04/17/04 11:35 PM
OMG
Posted By: SESportV Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 04/20/04 03:54 PM
HOwz it comin along?
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 04/20/04 04:46 PM
well the car didnt go in to the shop this week... So it got pushed back about a week or 2.

Wesley
Posted By: chongo Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 04/30/04 01:20 PM
Hey Wesley did the car go in yet?
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 04/30/04 01:40 PM
no..... but it will realy soon thats for dam sure

Wesley
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 05/04/04 05:18 PM
car is going in the week of spring zing....so it will be done for the show
Posted By: SESportV Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 05/26/04 04:45 AM
howz it comin along?????
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 05/26/04 05:58 PM
howz it comin along?????

1FASTDAD had some problems with his car but they are getting sorted out now we just have to wait for the bodyshop to bring the car in, sorry for the delay.

Aaron
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 05/27/04 01:14 AM
howz it comin along?????

1FASTDAD had some problems with his car but they are getting sorted out now we just have to wait for the bodyshop to bring the car in, sorry for the delay.

Aaron

yeah...what he said.....sorry guys it was supust to be ready for sz...but busted wheel bearing and blowen struts....kinda put a kink in the plans....hopefully not much longer to wait...

Wesley
Posted By: outkast Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 05/27/04 02:48 AM
howz it comin along?????

Aaron

yeah...what he said.....sorry guys it was supust to be ready for sz...but busted wheel bearing and blowen struts....kinda put a kink in the plans....hopefully not much longer to wait...

Wesley

I hope you don,t loose support for taking so long
remember what happen to those other group buys!
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 05/27/04 03:37 AM
yeah i hope not....but sh$t happens....everytime im about to bring my car in...somthing breaks and the shop has to be put off...

wesley
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 05/27/04 11:06 AM
It looks like most of the pic links are dead.

Does anyone have a pic of a front/rear on a pre-98?

That post-98 pic looks pretty sweet. But still no rear bumper in that pic.

Also, when would the money need to be in by?

Thanks,
Ben
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 05/27/04 02:35 PM
well im making the bumper...then the pics of it are gonna be put on the site... then if people want one they can send me the money...there is not gonna be a deadline as of right now...

wesley
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 05/28/04 01:12 PM
Cool. Thanks Wesley.

BP
Posted By: SESportV Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 06/29/04 03:35 PM
Any updates??
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Front Bumper Part 2 - 06/29/04 05:39 PM
yeah its all in the new hood scoop and bumper group buy...there being made as we speek
© CEG Archives