Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVTCuervo Carbon Fibre GMK Cold Air Intake - 01/07/04 10:35 PM
Hey guys I've become friends with the guy who developed the GMK CAI and I'm hosting a Group Buy for one on the NECO boards. Please Drop by and check it out. Thanks

Carbon Fibre GMK Group Buy on Neco
Posted By: nasty1 Re: Carbon Fibre GMK Cold Air Intake - 01/08/04 04:05 AM
So what do you guys think of this?
I think if i had the money I'd go for it. I was planning on making my own set up like this last year and never did. I don't know if it will *actually* make a difference, but I figure it can't hurt too much.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Carbon Fibre GMK Cold Air Intake - 01/08/04 04:25 AM
I think I'd give it a shot if the timing was better for me. Why lie, I want it for the aesthetic reason, really.
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Carbon Fibre GMK Cold Air Intake - 01/08/04 04:28 AM
if i had a job right now id buy it in a second, but i dont so i cant get one
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Carbon Fibre GMK Cold Air Intake - 01/08/04 05:41 AM
I am interested in this product, however the carbon fiber version doesn't interest me too much.

I'd rather just wait n pay the $110 for the polished pipe

(just bein honest)
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Carbon Fibre GMK Cold Air Intake - 01/08/04 05:50 AM
SVTCuervo I already posted this on the fastcougar boards, but if we get enough CSVT owners involved could we get an extension made without the nip?
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Carbon Fibre GMK Cold Air Intake - 01/08/04 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Russell-3L:
if i had a job right now id buy it in a second, but i dont so i cant get one

I can make you or anyone a good deal on mine, PM me
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fibre GMK Cold Air Intake - 01/08/04 05:25 PM
I am interested...but need to see how my cash flow is looking. I've been spending alot of money lately. The CF woul dmatch well with my CF engine cover though...
Posted By: thejms Re: Carbon Fibre GMK Cold Air Intake - 01/08/04 05:26 PM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
I am interested in this product, however the carbon fiber version doesn't interest me too much.

(just bein honest)

Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Carbon Fibre GMK Cold Air Intake - 01/09/04 06:10 AM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:

(just bein honest)

But we've got a Zetec, and that pipe won't fit w/o moving the fuse box
And who are you waiting for to make a polished one?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Carbon Fibre GMK Cold Air Intake - 01/09/04 10:23 AM
doesn't matter if we have a zetec...its just an extension to your existing intake. they make em for each application (BAT, AEM, CTA, etc)...and I wanted to move the battery to the trunk anyway so no biggie, then just gotta slide the fuse box over.

i'm not waiting for anyone to make one, point is that I'll just save my money til I'm ready to buy one and get the polished one for $110 intead of spendin the extra on carbon fiber.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: Carbon Fibre GMK Cold Air Intake - 01/30/04 03:57 PM
I've been waiting for Kenneth to make a full CF kit. IIRC, he was going to be making one and not just an extension. Any chance of asking if he is still conseidering it?
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: Carbon Fibre GMK Cold Air Intake - 03/11/04 06:54 AM
Been away for a few weeks and can't find anything new.

Is there an update for this kit? Is it full CF yet for the Contour's?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Carbon Fibre GMK Cold Air Intake - 03/11/04 07:21 AM
i think they are available now, I'd go on NECO and ask...
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Carbon Fibre GMK Cold Air Intake - 03/11/04 10:15 PM
I've got one on the way for my car as we speak.

Now it's not "made for the Contour" as there are a few small differences, but it'll still work. For example my intake is coming with a nip that's meant to be used for the IAT, but I'll just cover that up. Also it's only an extension pipe so you'll need a MAF adaptor and a filter to make it work. I'll post a more detailed review once I get my pipe and install it.

Bridge
I'm down. How much?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Carbon Fibre GMK Cold Air Intake - 03/12/04 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Bridge:
I've got one on the way for my car as we speak.

Now it's not "made for the Contour" as there are a few small differences, but it'll still work. For example my intake is coming with a nip that's meant to be used for the IAT, but I'll just cover that up. Also it's only an extension pipe so you'll need a MAF adaptor and a filter to make it work. I'll post a more detailed review once I get my pipe and install it.

Bridge

I believe hes offering a full replacement now also, not just the extension

i've got an extension for my cta intake on my zetec and it will definitely fit

you guys should all check the NECO forums
© CEG Archives