Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Tour VCT Clusters *NEW* and sealed up for sale .... - 12/26/03 04:54 PM
I have 8 SVT clusters, brand new and sealed. I'm looking to get rid of them for $65 a piece. I'm not sure yet how much shipping would be but i would assume not much.

I have a picture of them but you guys need to tell me how to post it so you people can see. Or worst case scenario I can email who ever is interested the picture.

Thank You
-Billy
email me the pictures, auiotour @ comcast.net and I will post the pics when I get them.
ok i sent, thanks for helping out
Originally posted by Tour VCT:
ok i sent, thanks for helping out

why arent they white?
dag nabbit...i need a stock svt cluster and you went and got my hopes up
i dont know why they arent white, but they dont go to 130 mph so im guessing they are SVT, im not sure. besides the point, they are brand new and sealed as you can see, and going for $65. so if anybody is interested let me know, or email me at bkountis@si.rr.com
weird...does it say svt on the tach?

wait a minute, what side is the trip OD reset button on? these might be the early cable driven clusters. i think that they went up to 150 as well and would only be worth something to people that have the earliest 95s.
i have a pic of the back, who wants to post it for me, email me
email it to me. It wont be posted for a hour or so still, I have to go pull some parts at the Junk Yard.
$65 for new ones is a good price indeed.
Originally posted by mikey boy:
does it say svt on the tach?

what side is the trip OD reset button on?

i would say that those gauges are not svt gauges at all. sorry.
Hmm. I compared to my non-svt V6 and the group buy cluster doesn't even look like a contour cluster. The V6 clusters have the V6 logo on the tach side. Don't mean to diss just doesn't look the same to me.
Originally posted by skunk:
Hmm. I compared to my non-svt V6 and the group buy cluster doesn't even look like a contour cluster. The V6 clusters have the V6 logo on the tach side. Don't mean to diss just doesn't look the same to me.

they look exactly like ours, except no V6 and they go above 130. If we could ge pictures that weren't pulled off ebay, we could see what they looked like unwrapped, That would make it much easier.
whatever they are they aren't SVT guages, they only go to 150mph
i will take more pictures of the cluster this week, well if you dont have a tach on ur tour im selling these for $65. i assumed they were black svt clusters because they went over 130 mph, sorry for the inconvenience. but whoever is interested please let me know. thank you
Are these ford gauges? Or could they possibly be some aftermarket gauge cluster. I've never seen these before.
Could they possibly be mystique guages?
What about the early 95 tours? They went to 150...
It looks like the redline on the tach is also at 6500, making it a 4 cylinder gauge cluster?
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Yes you are correct. That's what I was going to say.
Originally posted by mmarfan:

The same is not true for mystiques. I have an early 95 mystique and it only goes to 130.
I might be have tempted to buy one of these to save me the cost of SVT guages, and it will make my speedo go higher, and the fact that the tach redline is only 250 rpms lower then my 99.

wow i said that like 2 days ago if you look up.
its good that its for a 4 cylinder...but its bad that its for a 95 cuz then it would be useless to me.
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
its good that its for a 4 cylinder...but its bad that its for a 95 cuz then it would be useless to me.

It's for a zetec, but 96+ zetecs have a 6750 redline... also it looks like it would work on non-95 'tours. That looks like two electrical connectors on the back,,, though the speedo could possibly be off seeing as it's 150 and our's are 130, but maybe the cluster makes the required changes and shows the right speed.
zetecs werent the only pre98 cars with tach going to 6750. my 95 did also.

Yup, those are the RARE, EARLY cable-driven 95 speedos. Ray McNairy's "Sophia" had one from factory. He's the only person I knew (personally) who had a 'tour w/ a 150 speedo, along with H-rated tred and no speed limiter from factory. Of course Ford had to ruin the "fun" a few months after the 95's introduction and tack on a speed limiter and T-rated tred.
Originally posted by auiotour:
zetecs werent the only pre98 cars with tach going to 6750. my 95 did also.

I didn't say that. I was strictly talking about zetecs, which rpm redline changed after 95, duratecs have always been 6750.
The connections seem the same to me, i dont understand why it wouldn't work on post 98's? I guess we'll have to wait and see when I put mine on.
those are not cable however, that looks exactly like the back of my 95s, and mine wasn't cable. I will muster up some pictures a bit later for you all to see.
i know, my speedo isnt cable and it looks exactly like that. i have a 98.5 contour lx without a tach, and the back is exactly the same. hopefully everything will be ok though, if u can get some pics that would be great. thanks
i know, my speedo isnt cable and it looks exactly like that. i have a 98.5 contour lx without a tach, and the back is exactly the same. hopefully everything will be ok though, if u can get some pics that would be great. thanks

Now this is strange. I know ALL the EARLY 95's were cable driven. At least that's what my Haines manual claims and from what I've heard around here. This is getting too in depth for me to answer. Maybe the I-4 versions were electrical??? I have no clue. I've never seen an early I-4 Contique cluster, only Ray's early V6.
Originally posted by tastethefury:
It looks like the redline on the tach is also at 6500, making it a 4 cylinder gauge cluster?

I got my tach from a 95 Zetec....it had a 6750 redline.
Alright guys, i got the speedos and they work on my '98 contour lx. Can somebody please post the new pics up for me? I'd appreciate it alot.
Link to Pics
haha thats classic.

Originally posted by 1314:
Cluster thread

Originally posted by 1314:
Link to Pics

Glad you liked .

Just trying to stop threads of the same going on and on .
We'll guys they are up for sale at $90 a piece, if anybody is interested in buying them bulk we can work on a price. Please let me know if anybody is interested before i put them on eBay.

Thanks
- Billy
Don't expect much from Ebay; clusters usually fetch about $30 there.
We'll guys they are up for sale at $90 a piece, if anybody is interested in buying them bulk we can work on a price. Please let me know if anybody is interested before i put them on eBay.

Thanks
- Billy

thats where you bought them in the first place. put them no reserve starting at $0.00 and see how much you fetch, wont be much.
Is anybody interested in this?
All take one for $20
I really hate to say it man, but I doubt you'll get anyone at that price.

Few people really have any reason to change clusters unless they really want a tach; but you can pick those clusters up off Ebay for 1/3 or at a junkyard for 1/2 of what you want for yours.

Granted, yours are brand spankin' new, but it's not like a cluster really wears out or anything.

Add in that they're kind of an 'unconventional' 150mph cluster, and that most people who want a tach probably want it for aesthetic reasons and therefore also probably want indiglo overlays or faces which are harder and more expensive to come by for 150mph clusters....
You know what guys you're right, $90 is very steep. Since i'm a contour guy and I really don't want to keep 8 clusters I have decided to sell them at $40 a piece. Please reply to this if you are interested. Thanks alot people, I appreciate it.
You know what guys you're right, $90 is very steep. Since i'm a contour guy and I really don't want to keep 8 clusters I have decided to sell them at $40 a piece. Please reply to this if you are interested. Thanks alot people, I'd appreciate it.
sorry for the double entry people
I'll take one for $40. Does that include shipping???
No i'm sorry that doesn't include shipping and handling. I believe it should be 8 - 10 dollars at most UPS. Do you have a paypal account?
Ok guys there are 7 available now.

1. 1BADTOUR

Anybody else?
Will these fit Pre98 mystiques?
Yes they do, they have been tested and work with all years with Tach signal. If no tach signal is present , all that you have to do is tap into the signal.
Do you have pics for the clusters? If so e-mail me pixs please...... LXValdivia@aol.com
Originally posted by 1BADTOUR:
I'll take one for $40. Does that include shipping???

Adam you already have one, wat the hell are you gonna do with a second? install it in the back seat?

on the flip side, I'll take one, if it's a guaranteed fit for the 99 zetec. then sign me up!!
Well guys, i have a 98 zetec and it works great. Whoever is interested please email me at bkountis@si.rr.com

I don't see why it wouldn't work on a 99 zetec. So please email me because I have begun selling and have sold on ebay actually and have 1BADTOUR down for another one. I am not waiting for a bunch for I can ship out, Paypal is preferred payment and I ship immediately.

Thanks,
Billy
Ok guys, just wanted to know where everybody stands on if they want a cluster?
I am still up for one at $20.00
sorry man, it is $40 plus s/h
$20.00 before shipping is better then not selling it? yes, no money or some money
no , id rather have extra ...
Sign me up for 1 Cluster as long as I can get it for <$50 shipped. I would assume UPS ground should be less than $10

I need to replace my cluster as I "accidentally" pulled off the speedo needle when installing the indiglos. (FYI recalibrating a speedo is quite a pita)
I believe there is a bit of price change. I have been informed the new price is $45 + $15 s/h. The $40 price plus $8-10 s/h was a "typo" (despite it being written three times directly by Tour VCT)

Just an FYI incase you were interested as I was.

I hope my slightly biased informational post is not taken wrong.
© CEG Archives