Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/22/03 07:53 PM
http://www.cafeshops.com/speddmn

$14.99 is the cp price, no profits. Hopefully everyone enjoys!
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/22/03 08:23 PM
Here's a link to see all the months and pictures.

Cover: 1314

Jan - MIdnight95SE ~ Feb - Qbert ~ Mar - PhatSVT

April - JVT ~ May - todras ~ June - Derk2000

July - OutlwdSVT ~ Aug - DeanJoyce.com ~ Sept - dion

Oct - {Kontofosho} ~ Nov - QwkSVT ~ Dec - Speed Demon

I think most everyone will be pleased at the cars/pics chosen for the calendar.
Posted By: R_G Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/22/03 08:34 PM
Just ordered mine. Looks like a fine piece of work. Tnx to SpeedDemon and everyone who put their time and energy into its making.
Posted By: R_G Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/22/03 08:34 PM
WOW, didn't know Dean's car is featured.
WOW i didn't know i made it in! Sweeeet, thanks! i actually took a bunch more pictures to submit for it but then i got banned because i posted a "street racing related" topic and had no way to PM the pics. calendar looks awesome, everyones ride came out real hot.

U JUST ORDERED TWO:)
Posted By: R_G Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/22/03 09:03 PM
Dean, you gotta get yourself several copies for your business.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/22/03 09:04 PM
Originally posted by DeanJoyce.com:
WOW i didn't know i made it in! Sweeeet, thanks!

Most people in the calendar didn't know they made it, and if they did, didn't know what pic would be used!
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/22/03 09:06 PM
I just order mine. Very nice work Thanks to all who made this calendar possible.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/22/03 09:16 PM
no quicksilver

however, very nice looking calender

good job.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/22/03 09:20 PM
If you had a set of Enkei RS-5's, you made the calendar.

I'm counting 5

EDIT: Very, VERY nice looking calendar though!!!
Is any kind of general information listed about any car like on the back page of the month like year, make, mods, etc?
is there an unlimited amount of calendars? i ordered 2, but i might order a bunch more in a month or so.
Posted By: Nate S Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/22/03 10:57 PM
very nice job...looks great
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Is any kind of general information listed about any car like on the back page of the month like year, make, mods, etc?

unfortunately, no, we had limited space and whats more limited time, next year hopefully we can put some more info on etc.

and you can order as many as you want!

Big thanks to Pete for all his help organizing everything and pestering people for pictures!
Originally posted by GR8SVT:
If you had a set of Enkei RS-5's, you made the calendar.

I'm counting 5

EDIT: Very, VERY nice looking calendar though!!!

LMAO! Hey, I guess it really is the official aftermarket CSVT wheel...
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/22/03 11:51 PM
ordered 1
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 12:27 AM
Just ordered mine. Thanks for the hard work on this! Can't wait to see how it turned out!
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 12:36 AM
Got mine ordered. So would that $5 off coupon for entering ppl's email work for these calendars? Not trying to be cheap but wondering, or is there a price limit before you can use it?

EDIT: Ahh so it's after you spend $20, I guess you'll have to buy two. Anyone want this coupon???
Posted By: R_G Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 04:22 AM
is there an unlimited amount of calendars? i ordered 2, but i might order a bunch more in a month or so.

U should present the calendar to your most values customers
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 05:32 AM
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
WOW i didn't know i made it in! Sweeeet, thanks!

Most people in the calendar didn't know they made it, and if they did, didn't know what pic would be used!

Count me in on that "didn't know I was in" list.

Thanks for the PM, Pete.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 05:47 AM
wow I cannot belive I made it into a calender!! I am so thankful!! by the way did you mean to put Qwksvt at the bottom? If so why didn't you put Qwk98svt? either way I am very thankful to be a part of CEG.

-Jeff0
Originally posted by Qwk98svt:
wow I cannot belive I made it into a calender!! I am so thankful!! by the way did you mean to put Qwksvt at the bottom? If so why didn't you put Qwk98svt? either way I am very thankful to be a part of CEG.

-Jeff0

HARRRR!!!!!!!!! pete's call!
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 06:09 AM

-Jeff0

Grrrr....My screw up!!!
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 06:10 AM
Sweet. I'll be buying one definitely. I'll never use any of the months and just leave it on the front cover . No really, they look great and I can't wait to get mine.
Posted By: 98SVT_LEO Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 11:34 AM
I just placed my order...looks very nice......also very jealous of everyone's rides.....btw how much do you have invested in your SVT ? happy holidays!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 01:32 PM
< Begins cleaing the lense on the old Pentax & Nikon cameras for next year >
Originally posted by 98SVT_LEO:
I just placed my order...looks very nice......also very jealous of everyone's rides.....btw how much do you have invested in your SVT ? happy holidays!

who?

edit: damn, 28 sold already, go people w00t! glad yall like it
Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 04:05 PM
Ordered mine!! Looks nyce!!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 05:09 PM
I will buy one soon...no money.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
28 sold already

Add 2 more.
I bought one for myself, and I'm sure I can find a place to put another calendar.

Thanks (to all who worked on this) for all the hard work and great results!
Posted By: Swazo Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 06:07 PM
Wow......CEG calendars

How could I NOT get atleast 1!?!?!!? CEG eye candy galore, especially Derek's car

Hopefully my SVT will be ready to compete for a spot in the 2005 calander
Posted By: e1flakedsvt Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 06:12 PM
The calender turned out real sweet, can't wait to ge one!
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 06:31 PM
So for next year's calendar...

Who lines up the swimsuit models?

Great job guys!
Posted By: Swazo Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 06:40 PM
I don't know about swimsuit models.....but I will have some pics of my car with some good and skanky strippers

I want 2 of these calendars (for now)!
Posted By: fast80svt_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 06:42 PM
Just put my order in for two. GREAT JOB to all who were involved in this project. The calandars look awesome. Also, congratulations to all who were included. There are so many great cars on this site, I bet it was hard to make the final decisions. Special props to Derk2000--way to represent that CO-CEG (SW-CEG)!
Posted By: akrump47 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 07:47 PM
Just ordered mine! VERY sharp looking design and photos!
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 08:07 PM

-Jeff0

dude.. if you are Mr. November I gotta say your car is awesome!!! it looks so damn evil.. most excellent job.. I might just have to get a calendar just for pics of your car and Mattys car..
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 08:07 PM
Just noticed this post! I made it! Woot! Ordered mine. Cool the 3 pre98's that made it are in MI. Great work Pete and Matt! Mad props for taking the initiative.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 09:01 PM
I ordered two yesterday. I was going to get one, but had a bit of anxiety deciding if it was going to go at home or work, so I added another to my order.

THANKS!
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 09:54 PM
Daymon and Ben: Awww geez, guys.

Like Ben said, there are so many nice lookin' cars on here, it had to be hard to pick which qualified. I think we need to have more months added to the year so our calendar can fully represent.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/23/03 10:53 PM
I will order one right after I get back from Flordia from the holidays
Posted By: baco99 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/24/03 12:18 AM
hotness.

nice work!
Posted By: BURNTU2_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/24/03 04:08 AM
Very nice indeed, but what about the babes too? Maybe they can be added in for 05?
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/24/03 06:59 PM
looks like the same cars i see posted in the pics section all the time, how boring. its overrated sorry. what 5 of the cars have the same rims and two are stock? good picks.
You can't find the beauty in a stock SVT? That's sad.
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/24/03 07:09 PM
Well other than the wheel gap stock makes it look nasty, but yeah i do like the stock svt. A silver one sitting on the the show room floor when they came out is what I fell in love with. I am just saying for the calander there had to a be a few better canidates. So what ever, i am not in that greatest of a moods on this merry day. So don't listen to me anyway, most people on here don't. Happy Holidays CEG!!
Posted By: nasty1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/24/03 07:20 PM
Just ordered one. The cover looks hot. Great balance and the pic has some style. I would like to see next years (I'm assuming there will be one) pics taken by a professional maybe at SZ or individuals themselves could have someone asthetically minded take the pics for them. Anyways, all together it looks bueno. Lata.
Originally posted by dUbs-ThReE:
Well other than the wheel gap stock makes it look nasty, but yeah i do like the stock svt. A silver one sitting on the the show room floor when they came out is what I fell in love with. I am just saying for the calander there had to a be a few better canidates. So what ever, i am not in that greatest of a moods on this merry day. So don't listen to me anyway, most people on here don't. Happy Holidays CEG!!

one of the main goals was to try to capture just about every style of car on here including stock, granted there are no non-kitted se's but sexiness happens

as for other cars, the following were considered but didnt have good pics and/or couldnt get them because the cars are already torn apart
antonio, skrilla, davidz and a handful of others, we wind up chosing out of about 20 the 12 we did.

theres a reason we didnt make this democratic, we'd still be bickering over whose in so its done, its sexy, enjoy

merry christmas!!!
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/24/03 08:58 PM
Originally posted by dUbs-ThReE:
looks like the same cars i see posted in the pics section all the time, how boring. its overrated sorry. what 5 of the cars have the same rims and two are stock? good picks.

Overrated? When or where did you see Speed Demon or myself say the calendar was/is all that?

The calendar was made with no-profit for CEGers.

Pics were chosen based on:
1. Resolution
2. Theme/background

We also wanted to represent a variety of cars:
- Contour
- Mystique
- 98+
- pre-98
- wild
- mild
- stock
- colors

If you think you can do better, put your own calendar together.
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/24/03 09:36 PM
na that is to much work. Nice job guys! Put some chicks in next years.....peace
Posted By: nasty1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/25/03 06:34 PM
Next year keep the chicks out again. I got enough game to not have to drool over some fake chested woman, on a contour no less...
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/25/03 07:15 PM
Originally posted by nasty1:
Next year keep the chicks out again. I got enough game to not have to drool over some fake chested woman, on a contour no less...

I agree. Chicks ROCK, but this is CEG. I have an SVT, it's beautiful as it is and gonna get better, I don't need a chick to make it look cool. BTW, when do you start looking at pictures for next year? It would be great to be considered. Hope you put something in the forums that I see next time. I ordered only one since I don't have an office to put it in. And of course, great job, quality work, and dedication, great results!! And having someone's pride and joy as your subject doesn't hurt either. Tom
Posted By: thejms Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/25/03 07:32 PM
I am goin to buy one, not till after the begining of the new year, will they still be available then?
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/25/03 10:14 PM
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
Pics were chosen based on:
1. Resolution
2. Theme/background

We also wanted to represent a variety of cars:
- Contour
- Mystique
- 98+
- pre-98
- wild
- mild
- stock
- colors

Is my car considered the "stock" car? I think it should go under the "stock lookin'" category.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/25/03 11:15 PM
Ordered mine!!!! I want my car in that bad boy next time... i'll have to get some good pics of her this year and post them! She's never been posted on the site!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/29/03 10:18 PM
Well, there's NEVER a time when i DON'T want to look at hot,..sexy,.. big breasted chicks ....."ok slow down" .... ANYWAY!!!! to my point... i DO agree that this is a CAR calander...and we should keep it that way. Although i do love........
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/29/03 11:58 PM
Just ordered mine today..... Finally

Mark
Posted By: nasty1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/30/03 04:39 AM
Has anyone got their calendar yet? Mine should be here tommorow...
Posted By: 818Contour Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/30/03 04:29 PM
Ordered my calender today! Can't wait to get it!
Posted By: ezsvt Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/30/03 04:54 PM
beautiful shots -- I just ordered one!
Posted By: Swazo Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/30/03 07:13 PM
Sweet, I just got my 2 calendars

I think I may order more as gifts........but for some reason I think I may like them more than the people I'd be giving them to.
Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 12/31/03 03:52 AM
In the July Picture, where can you buy those SVT side stickers. A bunch of people have them but I cant find them. Any help would be appreciated!
Posted By: 98SVT_LEO Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/02/04 09:08 PM
Hey I ordered mine a week before christmas and still have not seen it. Can you tell me the status of my order?
these are not ordered from me, they're ordered from cafe press, check with them for order information.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/02/04 09:43 PM
They say mine is enroute and should be here within 3-10 business days! (Glad they narrowed it down so much for me... )
Great buy guys, thanks!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/03/04 06:26 AM
i checked the tracking for mine and it said it would be here the 6th. i ordered it pretty early on also. whenever my post a while back says i ordered it, i dont feel like looking
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/03/04 02:24 PM
Ya'll did a great job on the calendar. All of the cars that were chosen are very nice!!! Must have been quite a hard desicion.
Ordered mine.

QWK98SVT.... I like, very much. Nice job!
Posted By: Swazo Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/03/04 06:14 PM
The only "bad" thing is that the screen names are halfway cut off at the bottom on my 2 copies. But I still love them
omg

sorry man!!!
Posted By: nasty1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/05/04 04:13 AM
Ya mine have most of the names "folded over" (they aren't cut off since its one piece of paper folded and stapled). Whenever you take something to print that you can't oversee (aka cafepress) you need to be extra careful to cover your butt. The sn's should have all been another half inch up to allow for the folding machine to make a few small mistakes. Other than that I only have issue with the picture selection. The cover and the October pic as well as the red svt in the urban setting all are well composed, but some of the others... Maybe next year if this happens again we can focus more on the composition of the pics...
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/05/04 05:04 AM
Other than that I only have issue with the picture selection. The cover and the October pic as well as the red svt in the urban setting all are well composed, but some of the others... Maybe next year if this happens again we can focus more on the composition of the pics...

Excuse me, but those were the best pics submitted.

You didn't see the ones that didn't make the cut - we selected the 12 best submissions.

Don't be so quick to criticize before knowing all the behind the scenes work and effort that went into making this calendar.
nasty1, the sn's were an inch above the bleed line... i cant bloody well stick em in the middle of the picture without ruining it.

unfortunately i cant oversee something like this nor view a real proof so sorry in advance for anyone else who's unhappy with the quality

next year i'll look into having a local shop print em and mail em out.
Posted By: nasty1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/05/04 07:41 PM
Don't be so defensive about a little bit of constructive criticism guys... I bought the calendar and I'd buy it again, even with the issues that I find with it. It's nice to finally have something contour related in print.

With that said SVT ST PETE I can offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism because I am aware of what goes into making something of this nature. I recently completed a flash site that took me 90+ hours to complete (which is no where what it takes to make a calendar) and guess what, the client had issues with a few things. Guess what else? They were right. I had to go back and change things. I am sorry if you can't take my criticism constructively, it was only meant to help next time around.

On the picture topic, I understand that you had to work with what you had, but it would be nice if people took pics this year with their composition in mind. Here's a few pointers for everyone out there:

1. Don't shoot your pic on dirt or grass
2. Pic an interesting background that isn't distracting. A good example of this is the February pic. (your house is the absolute worst background you can pic, unless it is some really pimp house)
3. Shoot with good natural light. The best time of day to shoot is between 10am and 4pm.
4. Take the picture from an interesting angle. A side shot is just plain uninteresting. A shot from the rear or at an angle looks much better.

Once again I would like to reiterate that the composition of the pics is not your fault.

Now on to demon's beefs....

"nasty1, the sn's were an inch above the bleed line... i cant bloody well stick em in the middle of the picture without ruining it."

I don't know what to say about this one. First off a bleed is where you actually severe the paper. The top of the pic as well as the sides have bleeds, but the bottom is not cut until the bottom of the calendar. With that said I still am a bit confused as to how the names where so jumbled. I guess I would have to see the origonal files, but my best guess is that the size of the image is slightly larger than what was actually printed. This could have been cafepress' fault, who knows?

"next year i'll look into having a local shop print em and mail em out."

Thats a much better idea demon... Not only would quality be easier to control, but you could charge around the same amount and make a lil green for your efforts.

I know I have said it before, but I'll say it again so that no one is confused... I LIKE THE CALENDAR.

Lata guys...

pete is taking issue i'm sure because your post came off as our fault that we had to choose from what we had... which suffice to say wasnt anything amazing, hell the pic of my car isnt that incredible... i wish i could have done better but the transmission blew before i ever got an really stunning pictures of it. i wanted to use the fire pics but the image quality wasnt good enough for print.

the cp guidelines called for a full 4 sided bleed i'm in the dark as to how they actually process the image so i cant offer anything there but there was ample space in my origionals... i guess shyte happens eh.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/05/04 08:20 PM

1. Don't shoot your pic on dirt or grass

And Why TF not?!
Posted By: nasty1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/05/04 08:54 PM
LOL I was waiting for everyone in the calendar to jump on me for my composition points, guess it didn't take long...

I would implore you to compare your pic (which is the only rear shot of a car, kudos on that) to the October pic. Similar color tint organic backgrounds, both black cars, both shot at an angle, both shot in adequate light... So whats the diff? His is shot on a road, and yours is shot on grass. Lets face it, our cars aren't offroad vechicles, they just don't look right on grass or dirt.

I actually grasped this concept of, street cars need to be on a street, from a widely known publication. Anyways, I'm not saying that pics that ignore what I said look bad, they could just look a little bit better.

Posted By: nasty1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/05/04 08:56 PM
Ya sh!t happens. Make sure to go with a local printer next year.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/05/04 09:45 PM
Just ordered mine!!!
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/06/04 01:54 AM

1. Don't shoot your pic on dirt or grass...(I actually grasped this concept of, street cars need to be on a street, from a widely known publication. )
3. Shoot with good natural light. The best time of day to shoot is between 10am and 4pm.

1. Sounds like what I read in Sport Compact Car a while back. While sometimes it's true, I've seen lots of pics of cars on grass or dirt that look good.

3. Personally, I think those time frames have light that is too bright. I have a couple hundred pics of my car to prove that. But that's my car and my opinion.

Anyway, back to the thread. Anyone want more calendars?
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/06/04 02:07 AM
Finally ordered mine. Need to do this next year so I can put my car in the running.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/06/04 08:36 AM

From what I understand, the best natural light is before 10am and after 4pm, for pictures anyways.
Posted By: R_G Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/06/04 09:14 AM
Ditto, Dion. Cloudy weather is a plus too - better and more accurate color rendition and less chance of sun shaddows...

Anywayz, I got an e-mail stating my calendar was mailed a long time ago. Nuthin'
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/06/04 03:23 PM
Lets face it, our cars aren't offroad vechicles, they just don't look right on grass or dirt.

When growing up I lived lived in the sticks. We parked our cars all over the lawn. Looks normal to me.
Posted By: nasty1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/06/04 05:35 PM
It is possible to get some very dramatic lighting with earlier or later lighting, but it is difficult for the casual photographer. The September pic is a good example. However, more often than not most people are not able to generate such a sharp image at such a time of day. The June image is an excellent example of the proper amount of natural light. (also these guidelines don't apply where artificial light is present, or an effect is being achieved, aka the cover)

The main problem with using un-natural light is the need for image correction. A good example of this is 1314 pic in the parking garage. I actually edited this picture for proper color.... I don't know if you have the origonal image available 1314, but here is the corrected version:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/300749/24editcom.jpg

Anyways, another day, another rant... Lata!
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/06/04 11:20 PM
Got mine from the brown man today. Looks very sweet, props to the makers.

It will go good on the car this weekend along with all my other contour/ceg memorabilya(sp).

Happy shopping people, you wont regret it.
Posted By: parkedcar Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/06/04 11:35 PM
First off. Awesome Job guys!!! BEA utiful
Its just too bad that cafepress.com screwed up with centering the pages because i can hardly see the SN's and the bumpers of the cars are cut off in half the pictures. But i still love it. But my biggest beef is that my car isnt in it! hopefully next year.

GREAT WORK GUYS!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/07/04 12:08 AM
just got mine today. looks good. again, kinda sucks about the SNs, but oh well. still looks good.

next year im gonna be in it for sure, im gonna get a mountain shot that will make you weak in the knees
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/07/04 02:04 AM
Originally posted by parkedcar:
Its just too bad that cafepress.com screwed up with centering the pages because i can hardly see the SN's and the bumpers of the cars are cut off in half the pictures.

Yea, got mine today and it is disappointing.

It was a lerning experience though seeing as how Speed Demon and I had no idea that the pics would be trimmed off that way. Next year we'll prep the pics better to ensure that doesn't happen!
Posted By: Swazo Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/07/04 03:37 AM
Originally posted by parkedcar:
First off. Awesome Job guys!!! BEA utiful
Its just too bad that cafepress.com screwed up with centering the pages because i can hardly see the SN's and the bumpers of the cars are cut off in half the pictures. But i still love it. But my biggest beef is that my car isnt in it! hopefully next year.

GREAT WORK GUYS!

Exactly how I feel
Posted By: R_G Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/07/04 05:11 AM
Originally posted by FLCEGkid:
Happy shopping people, you wont regret it.

I don't. Just never got mine...
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/07/04 05:55 AM
check on your ref. number. i just got mine today, right when they said i would.
Posted By: 2.3Turbochicken Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/08/04 03:04 AM
yeah I haven't got mine yet either
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/08/04 03:16 AM
Originally posted by 3LPOWER:

either have i, and i ordered it last year !!!!!

(i did egt the cheapest and slowest shipping though)
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/08/04 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Russell-3L:
Originally posted by 3LPOWER:

either have i, and i ordered it last year !!!!!

(i did egt the cheapest and slowest shipping though)

HAHA YEA me too!!!! OH well... it will be here soon enough!
Posted By: R_G Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/08/04 09:26 AM
Order Status: Shipped
Last Updated: 12/24/2003 3:22:59 PM

Order Number: 6540331
Order Date: 12/22/2003 12:29:20 PM

Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/09/04 03:38 PM
It is possible to get some very dramatic lighting with earlier or later lighting, but it is difficult for the casual photographer. The September pic is a good example. However, more often than not most people are not able to generate such a sharp image at such a time of day. The June image is an excellent example of the proper amount of natural light. (also these guidelines don't apply where artificial light is present, or an effect is being achieved, aka the cover)

Are you saying my photographic skills are okay? I took the September photo...since it's my car!

As for orders, I finally ordered mine. I ordered 3, one for my wife, one for myself, and one to keep in wrap forever! they do look great and thanks to you guys for including me!
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:
Order Status: Shipped
Last Updated: 12/24/2003 3:22:59 PM

Order Number: 6540331
Order Date: 12/22/2003 12:29:20 PM

mine was the same, showed up yesterday
Posted By: R_G Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/09/04 08:24 PM
But you got great paint job on your car!!!
Posted By: Kyledriver83 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/11/04 07:43 PM
received mine today.
even my artsy photographer roommate
likes the pictures! It's the first thing
I'll be able to keep on the walls with no
complaints
Thanks to all for doing this.
woot!
just got ours.
Looks awesome guys.
props to all who submitted and especially to those involved in the selection process and putting this all together.
A job well done.
you all rule!

Posted By: 2.3Turbochicken Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/12/04 08:00 PM
Mine was shipped on the 30th with the super saver el-cheapo shipping, shouldnt it be here by now??
mine took like 3wks on the super tightwad shipping
Posted By: R_G Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/13/04 02:03 AM
Got mine today. Very good job. Shout out to all who contributed!
Posted By: Beowulf Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/13/04 03:39 AM
Mine arrived over the weekend, hung one in my cubicle today.

THANKS!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/13/04 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
mine took like 3wks on the super tightwad shipping

W3rd.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/14/04 11:14 PM
Just got mine today! Put it up and man it's awesome. You guys did an excellent job!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/15/04 12:29 AM
Got mine today when i got to work!!! YEAYEA! Looks nice! March's PHATSVT infront of the KC Ford Plant is freakin' sweet!!!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/15/04 04:34 AM
How do we check the status of our order with this cheap route of delivery? I ordered mine a while ago and it's still not here... Just wondering if we could track it at all

Mark
Posted By: pokat302_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/16/04 04:29 PM
I still haven't recieved mine yet either. I ordered it on December 24th. Someome know how to track it or anything? PLEASE?
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/16/04 06:05 PM
I got mine today and ordered early jan. I think I picked a faster shipping though. Looks good considering people were complaning. I thought it was going to be alot worse.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/21/04 12:10 PM
Got mine yesterday.
NICE, very nice!!
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/22/04 06:58 AM
Good Job. This was good for the first time. It'll only get better I'm sure. Thanks for the volunteered time all.
Posted By: stilov Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/23/04 02:22 AM
hey by chance are there any extras?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/23/04 03:36 AM
Originally posted by stilov:
hey by chance are there any extras?

I don't believe there was a set amount... You go to the cafe express website and order one... But I could be wrong

Mark
Posted By: stilov Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/23/04 01:32 PM
what's the address?
Originally posted by stilov:
what's the address?

did you read the first post in this thread by any chance???
Posted By: MLK Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 01/23/04 04:11 PM
finally got mine yesterday - looks great - I don't get the complaints?!?!

For a first effort and a "non-professional" one at that I think it is terrific

thanks
i am a pro, it was just craptastic printing heh

next year we'll use a local shop
Posted By: auiotour Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 02/25/04 10:38 AM
are these not for sale anymore, I just finally got money to buy one, [censored].
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 02/25/04 02:23 PM
I went to the web site---what category are they under? They're not under CEG, calenders, special interests, etc. Any ideas?
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 02/25/04 04:39 PM
Originally posted by auiotour:
are these not for sale anymore, I just finally got money to buy one, [censored].

I ordered mine like 3 weeks ago and I still dont have it!!
Image Verification Pending

All images on CafePress.com are verified to ensure that they do not violate the rights of a third party.

This image cannot be added to any product since it is pending image verification for the following reason: Your image may be Copyright/Trademark protected and require a license prior to its use for merchandise sales.

If you believe that you are authorized to use the image in question, please forward to our attention any agreements or licenses you have obtained so that we may complete our review process and restore your image. This information may be sent using the following methods:

CafePress.com
Image Verification Dept.
1515 Aurora Drive
San Leandro, CA 94577

Fax: 510.315.3089
Email: imageverification@cafepress.com

You may also visit our Copyright/Trademark FAQ page for additional information regarding the types of images, which require a license prior to their use through our service. Please review our FAQ page at: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/law.aspx

apparently it got flagged for copyright crap. i sent them off an email. i'll keep yall updated as soon as i find anything out. sorry guys, nothing i can do to fix it but hurry up and wait for these asshats
i,

Thank you for contacting CafePress.com!

In order for you to be able to use the images in question, on a product for sale, you must get permission from the auto manufacturer. Once you have contacted the company and can provide us with the authorization to use their images for the purposes of sale, we will reinstate the images immediately.

Sincerely,

Rick G.
Image Verification
CafePress.com
imageverification@cafepress.com

maybe todras can tell me who to contact?
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 02/26/04 12:06 AM
thats total bull. glad i got mine earlier, i hope this get resolves for the people who havent yet got thiers.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 02/26/04 03:40 AM
That's BS, once you buy a car, and only use pictures of that car(s) then it shouldn't matter... but maybe there is someone in ford that will OK it, especially since they're not even made anymore.
Matt, any way we can purchase them direct? Instead of going through cafepress?
Posted By: auiotour Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 02/26/04 08:47 AM
that is a bunch of crap!
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:
Matt, any way we can purchase them direct? Instead of going through cafepress?

Shawn, nope, they do the printing and all that. if we get enough people together i could probably find a shop in town to do a short run of em... i'd rather just get this sorted. i have no idea who to contact about it though.

i sent the guy an email yesterday basically saying wtf, we paid for these cars, this is what i got back and i can see why they're stopping the print job until it gets cleared w/ fomoco

Hi Matt,

Thank you for contacting CafePress.com!

In order for you to receive a product from us with your images on it, you have to purchase it from us. That constitutes a sale and brings the arrangement in to the commercial realm where the copyright law then applies. Though the participants do own the actual automobiles, the automanufacturer still owns the name and likeness of the automobile. That is why it is necessary to get permission from them.

Sincerely,

Rick G.
Image Verification
CafePress.com
imageverification@cafepress.com
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 02/27/04 02:38 AM
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Originally posted by auiotour:

I ordered mine like 3 weeks ago and I still dont have it!!

Nevermind I just received it today in the mail! Hope they get their [censored] straight for ya all!
Dang man, that sucks. I see what they're saying but it still sucks, I want one of these and am just now getting some spare money so I can buy one!
Posted By: CrashDummy Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 04/02/04 01:42 AM
Have the isssues been resolved? I just found this great site and would like to get a calender even though we are already well into the year. I cannot find the calender on the website anymore. Maybe you could contact Bill Jenkins and he could help us out...
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 04/03/04 12:33 AM
And how did NECO get a calendar? Did they ask permission or should we just use their calendar people?
Posted By: 2point5 Re: 04 CEG Calendars now available!! - 04/03/04 01:17 AM
Can I get a newer link to order from? Thanks
© CEG Archives