Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: sportracer Interest check on Lambo door hinges - 12/19/03 04:45 PM
I would like to see who is interested in a lambo door hinge kit.
that's a royal waste of time, and money. . .and on a contour, it would look retarded, a cougar maybe, but not a contour. . .
suicide doors would be cool how ever
I'd be interested in both. I think there are better cars to put them on, but it would still look hella tight. See what you can find
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Interest check on Lambo door hinges - 12/19/03 07:34 PM
if it was cheaper I'd consider it (I don't care if its on a tour or not) but I know its gonna be wayyy out of my price range.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Interest check on Lambo door hinges - 12/19/03 10:51 PM
Originally posted by SnafuFlux:
suicide doors would be cool how ever

Hmmm I wonder who might have suicide doors on his car mystqiue next spring

Aaron
are you seroius?! dude you gotta get me in on that one!!! cuz I wanna do it

PM me
Posted By: parkedcar Re: Interest check on Lambo door hinges - 12/20/03 02:03 AM
some what interested, but more curious.

what about doin 4 lambo dorrs, the frons go up foward and the backs going up towards the back of the car
check the focus....
Posted By: parkedcar Re: Interest check on Lambo door hinges - 12/20/03 05:59 AM
now that is a SICK focus
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check on Lambo door hinges - 12/20/03 06:04 AM
It looks like a bug flapping its wings.
I love n00bs. OOOO I want that on my car! Scissor hing doors on a contour. I am happy to say that when I was a n00b I didn't start dumb threads about doors that can only really be done tastefully on a 2 door car!
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Interest check on Lambo door hinges - 12/20/03 07:17 PM
Originally posted by parkedcar:

what about doin 4 lambo dorrs, the frons go up foward and the backs going up towards the back of the car

Doing the back doors lambo style is going to be exspensive but I had considered that but I think the suicide rear doors is more classy and it's a Ford tradition (courtesy of the old Lincoln Continentals)

Aaron
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Interest check on Lambo door hinges - 12/20/03 08:45 PM
yea, shaved rear door handles and suicide doors would be real nice on a 4 door car and not as flashy.

Although I'd have no problem with lambo fronts and suicide rears if I had the money...lambo doors just look hard to get in and out of though.
Posted By: sportracer Re: Interest check on Lambo door hinges - 12/21/03 01:29 AM
I am about to get back the kit I made for my car and if it works and depending on how much my friend can make them for, I am guessing I am going to be able to sell the front kit for about 400. I am working on doing the back right now and should be done in a month or so.
Posted By: sportracer Re: Interest check on Lambo door hinges - 12/21/03 01:49 AM
To see a picture of what dual lambo doors would look like, Front swinging to the front and back swinging back check this page out.
Go to www.positiveforce-cc.net
Click members and scroll down to racine, wi and click on roy escamilla and the pictures are at the bottem of the page.
Originally posted by sportracer:
To see a picture of what dual lambo doors would look like, Front swinging to the front and back swinging back check this page out.
Go to www.positiveforce-cc.net
Click members and scroll down to racine, wi and click on roy escamilla and the pictures are at the bottem of the page.

that rear lambo setup on the civic is totally useless. gotta really squirm around to get in and out. and whats up with the stock "straw" exhaust on the kitted hatch lol?
Originally posted by NVS Mystique:
Originally posted by parkedcar:

Doing the back doors lambo style is going to be exspensive but I had considered that but I think the suicide rear doors is more classy and it's a Ford tradition (courtesy of the old Lincoln Continentals)

Aaron

I agree 100%

has this been done beofre on a contour though?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Interest check on Lambo door hinges - 12/21/03 04:32 AM
whoa...ummm well that makes the back doors totally un-usable
© CEG Archives