Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I have been reading thru a lot of past posts and it sounds like a bunch of you want a set, or dream of having the Morette headlights. Well, I am one of you!
I'm very surprised that no company out there has produced them for our cars here on U.S. grounds, however, I'm *considering* being the company that does it.

I need to have Under Pressure Auto do something "ground-breaking", and this may be it. My bodyguy that has done a few cars for me personally, is one of those "I can make anything" kind of guys, and he has proved himself correct many many times. The only thing is, he only takes on projects that he feels will absolutely be a success. so please... IF YOU ARE EXTREMELY SERIOUS ABOUT GETTING A SET OF MORETTE-STYLE HEADLIGHTS for your Contique, answer the following questions. I want to show him a list of Serious perspective buyers before I even present him with the project.

1. Your year/make/model.
2. Carbon fiber, fiberglass, or plastic housings.
3. What do you consider to be a reasonable $ range in U.S. currency?
4. When would you buy a set if they were within your price range?

I am not guaranteeing anyone that we are going to make these, but obviously, if we get a 100 or so CEG'ers that want a pair, then I'm sure we'll venture into it.

So, PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU ARE SERIOUS!!!

If you have another style you'd like to see produced, post a sketch of it.

Thanks,
Dean.
TeamUnderPressure.com
dean@deanjoyce.com
98 Fraud CSVT
carbon fiber interior in plastic housing
below $350
if it has to be done i could pay around between feb and june. i will put exhaust on hold for these beauties
'99 CSVT
Carbon fiber interior inside plastic housing
same as Dev. $350ish
would be very interested in spring time.
Pending the outcome of what they look-like
98 E1 CSVT
Carbon Fiber would be cool, but with fiberglass/plastic they could be color matched, right?
350 would be great, but seeing as how qwk98svt's imports were $490 and required body modification, I doubt they could be done for 350...
And I would buy one come spring time, i'm sure.

But I hope you dont really expect 100 ppl to get down on this!
i would be down for a set of pre98s as lons as the corner piece is done also

i would want carbon fiber inside, and fiberglass outside so it could be painted body color, and as long as the price is reasonable i will buy them asap
Originally posted by mbSVT:
350 would be great, but seeing as how qwk98svt's imports were $490

Incorrect. He bought them from a CEGer for $490. IIRC the CEGer bought them for ~$1000+ for the set.

Dean,
I applaud you efforts, but no chance you'll get even 50, let alone 100. I do wish these were made though.
One question: are these dual projector headlights?

If so I would like all CF

98+ ('casue I'm switchin front ends)
I would be down for early spring as well

make these and i am buying two sets.
100 was really just a figure of speech. im really hoping for like 30 or so. but the more the better.

projector... dunno yet, its all up to what the demand is.
2000 CSVT
CF/Plastic
300-400
As soon as they are manufactured
I am in; up to five hun
answers to your questions:

1)1999 Contour SE
2)I would like any material with Projectors
3)$285 would probably be the most i could pay
4)as soon as they were offered
E0 SVT
Plastic
~$350
ASAP...
Dean - I would say 20-30 ppl is the most realistic figure we could expect here for a GB
'98 CSVT
Whatever material that could be painted body color
~400
ASAP
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:
Dean - I would say 20-30 ppl is the most realistic figure we could expect here for a GB

20-30 will say they are interested.

It will be a different story when it comes time to pay.

I'd be interested in a set:
CF
~$300
~spring

Dean,
drop me a PM.
Interested
'98 Mystique
Any
~500
now
1) 99 COntour SE
2) Carbon Fiber or Fibreglass
3) $300-$350
4) spring/summer
Keep in mind that you get what you pay for. I'm sure if a lower end projector...or even an actual fog light was used....a set could be made for about 350 or so. But if you want atleast a good projector, it'll be 250 for just the hi's and lows. Then you have everything else ontop of that (r&d, misc. materials, ect)

Keep in mind what Milan was charging to just modify you existing headlights....and then think about how much you should/will spend on a good quality set of custom headlights. With that comes cost, so be open to the headlights being a bit more than just $350 or so.

With that said, this should be pretty cool, morette style headlights are......
Swazo - true that, that's why I mentioned up to 5 hun. Dunno about Milan - there was and is a lot of controversy about him, and by any account the price of $1,200 seems to be quite unreasonable. With proper contacts - the real contacts that Dean has - I could proly get a wholly new custom paint job for under 2 grand...

SVT Pete - LOL, yupppers, 20-30 will say they are interested, that's the nature of GB...
I would be in for:

1) 00
2) Carbon Fiber or Fibreglass
3) $300-$400
4) Spring

Scott
1) 99 Contour
2) Black Carbon Fiber
3) $350-$450
4) Mid January, my job starts back up again.

If there is a possible for projectors in these things, I would be willing to may an addition $250 for quality product. I just gotta make my car and insurrance payment which I will have before christmas, so I can save the rest of the money I get for these lights. I have been looking into doing this stuff, and if we could get a good price on these, that could match other head light assemblies that are offered for other cars that would be great!.
1)E0 SVT
2)CF or Fiberglass
3)up to 500
4)ASAP

I need new headlights and would LOVE some morette style head lamps.
pre 989
cf or fiberglass
?
late spring
I am going to predict a pricing of about $450-$500 per pair if we get these things going. But there are many variables involved as far as pre or post 98, contour/mystique, projector lenses or regular lenses, etc. But, given a couple of weeks of this thread, the feedback and information you all provide will be collected and whatever is the highest demand is what we will work with first.

As far as quality, I think RG can vouch for me that I will not skimp on quality. Anything that I end up producing will be top notch, so yes I will admit, it won't be cheap, but it'll be worth it.
I believe you on quality just look at your car man, that car is sick!
As I am new to the Contour/Mystique clan I am forced to what do Morette headlights look like, a search brought nothing.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=picsvids&Number=473544&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

Oookay, thanks for the enlightenment. Not quite my cup-a tea.
I might if you can get some. I was thinking CF but they wouldnt match my hood perfect. So just fiberglassed or whatever would do. I'm still going to keep my Milan ones though. Do a switchup sometimes .
I'd buy your Milan ones!! I also could be interested in a pair, but with tution costs being raised next year I really don't know what I can afford. I've always wanted an option for upgraded headlights, but Milan's were just too "made in my basement" for me. I think Dean's quality would be ideal, and the fact that this post has moved so fast gives me great hope for this.
i am definately happy to see so many responses. i'm hoping this will be a worthy GB and i hope to be able to provide all of you with a really nice headlight setup. i'm hoping to venture into a number of things over the winter that'll help my business expand. i'm gonna spend december researching things and designing the headlights. hopefully by mid-january i'll have pics to post.
Originally posted by DeanJoyce.com:
hopefully by mid-january i'll have pics to post.

Well hell, I might have a new car by then!!!
Is everbody in Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan getting SVT replacements?
Well, we have about 18-19 ppl stating their intentions and willing to get something in the range of 250-500 bux. The thread, in my opinion, after a week, will yield up to 50 or more ppl. I believe some deposit would be needed, something like $40 or something - first and foremost to confirm the seriousness of the respective requests, and for Dean to get some whatchamacallit - starting capital to start the production.

ONE THING IS FOR SURE - DEAN WOULD NEVER EVER TOLERATE THE SITUATION THAT TOOK PLACE WITH SOME OF THE FELLOW CEG'ERS HERE, FOR HE IS THE QUALITY GUY + AN HONEST PERSON
1.1996 Contour
2.CF preferred, plastic (anything not needing paint) acceptable
3.under $300
4.Tomorrow at noon
fiberglass
~350 or my left nut
next couple months
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!!!

1. 96 Contour GL
2. Don't care what material. As long as it's black and paintable, I'm in.
3. $400 with lamps, $150 without
4. Feb/March, but I could deposit after the holidays.

As I mentioned in the last thread... If you built them around the Hella lamps, people could put whatever they wanted in; Xenon, H7 halogen, or H9 halogen. I'm talking about these:

BTW, they are $57 each.

BP
i like those, they look like they'd be easy to work with too. thanks for the pic.
2000 SVT
CF inside--does this mean they would be dark inside, sorta like Hightower lights?
Fiberglass outside--so they can definately be painted.
Up to $450 to 500

And Dean, you know I would for sure buy anything you came up with. Too bad there aren't more people like you out there. The time you spent and the e-mails you sent to me tell me that customer satisfaction is number one with you. BTW, the Eibach's came Friday evening, thanks so much. Tom
I also appreciate the phone call about the strut mount bushings. Now I understand.

PS> If you really want to make me happy, how about some tail lights like Chris Hightower's? Paint the rear reflector and you'd have a car almost as nice as yours!!
i'd pay $400 for a set just like the morettes.
i'd prefer ABS or CF, FG is too easy to screw up and i dont think it'd take a hit from a rock too well compared to the plastic or cf. i'd be painting regardless so show quality cf is moot.
Wouldn't price be dependant on materials (CF, plastic, fiberglass)?
i like those, they look like they'd be easy to work with too. thanks for the pic.

Sure! BTW, if you need a set for prototyping, you can get them right here.

HTH,
BP
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
i'd pay $400 for a set just like the morettes.
i'd prefer ABS or CF, FG is too easy to screw up and i dont think it'd take a hit from a rock too well compared to the plastic or cf. i'd be painting regardless so show quality cf is moot.

FG and CF are the same as far as taking a rock and cracking...they are done with the same methods and usually the same epoxy....the carbon matt is the only difference...that and if you want it pretty you do it in a vacuumbag and it takes out the bubbles...
Originally posted by thejms:
2000 CSVT
CF/Plastic
300-400
As soon as they are manufactured

I've been having wet dreams about those morette's since I first saw them. If there's a god then your guys will make some for us!
I am extremely interested and would be in if it worked out. I have a black 2000 SVT and would like to keep it around $350<---------alittle flexibility. let me know
98 contour Se,interested in the projectors for sure, want something that can handle rocks, and is paintable. I'd pay up to $500
98 contour Se,interested in the projectors for sure, want something that can handle rocks, and is paintable. I'd pay up to $500
+98

So Long as they look exactly likethe Morettes I'm in.

Prefer ABS Plastic that can take a rock and is easily painted body color. (Can your guy paint em and apply 3M clear body protector to avoid rock ships)

Price $400 range

Payment - As soon as they are manufactured

how about just selling the frame, without any lights so we can put whatever kind of lights that we want. Also plastic should be used. It would make it cheaper, more durable and still paintable.
Originally posted by XKontour98:

To me, what they are made of is a moot point, I just want something that will handle the rocks, etc and is paintable. As I said before, if they are painted on the inside like Hightowers, that would be perfect, or is that the way they would be anyway?
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
As I said before, if they are painted on the inside like Hightowers, that would be perfect, or is that the way they would be anyway?

Either you're not clear on the concept, here, or I am really misunderstanding you.

The Hightower treatment takes a large plastic assembly with a clear lens and paints those internal pieces of plastic that are not directly involved in shaping the light beam.

The morette treatment eliminates the big plastic bubble assembly. There is no longer anything inside the light to paint.

Please peruse this thread again, where you will find pictures of the morette treatment on pre and post 98, and of the very small, but dedicated and efficient, Hella light assemblies that mount in the morette frame.
98.5 SVT
Would pay up to $500
Any paintable material.
Projectors preferred.
1. 99 svt
2. Fiberglass is fine
3. $400 range
4. Any time

To keep costs down, can we examine the possibility of using oem lights from integras?
98 CSVT
fiberglass/plastic
400-600 depends on style
asap
if you can make them that would be really great.
Have you tried contacting Morrete?
Johnny
wow, i finally got on here this evening and it looks like there's definately a huge interest in these things! thats great because the more buyers, the more reasonable the price. i've had a sudden surge of biz this week thankfully, but will continue to gather your suggestions and input over the next week or so and answer any questions you may have. i'm thinking of getting a set of those hella projectors and a set of my old 98 lights to get an idea of fitment and shaping of the new style. i am very picky, so please be patient:) with it being christmas and all, things are hectic, but i'm going to try my best and manufacture a product worthy of....

if for some reason i dont respond on here fast enough, please email me at dean@deanjoyce.com
sometimes i can't login to these boards.
if i may make a suggestion:

I've been watching these group buys for about 6 months and so far i have NEVER seen one go smoothly. Unless you absolutly need the start-up capitol, make the lights and then sell them once they are done. I understand that with some of these GB's they need the money before hand to begin production but if it is possible to not do that, it seems a GB would go much better. Just my two cents. Or maybe just limit it to 5 people with a qurentee that if all goes smootly, you will open a GB for the rest of the people at the end of the first one. Just an idea.

Good luck.
the way i see it people do these Group buys all wrong. what you should do is make a product first and then say, "hey who wants one?"
there is no reason to gauge interest in morette lights for example because you know that the interest is going to be high, well for now it is anyway. the steam always seems to run out of these things because it takes too long to make a product.
CEGers seem to be impulse buyers. show them the product and their eyes glaze over, druel runs down their chin, and they are ready to spend. give them more than a week to think about it and they start backing out of stuff or losing interest.
just a thought or two. by the way i still want two sets of pre-98 in whatever you make them out of. thanks.
99SVT
Carbon fiber prefferably

Gimmie a definite production schedule and price (under $500) and i'll pay you in advance for it.
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
99SVT
Carbon fiber prefferably

Gimmie a definite production schedule and price (under $500) and i'll pay you in advance for it.

i should have an idea of production time, cost, and for what year/model the first sets will be made for. luckily i have access to a pre98 myst, a pre98 contour, a 98+ myst, and a 98+ contour
i dont want to accept any money until i at least have a set made for my car to show as an example.
1. 2000 SVT
2. Carbon Fiber
3. Plastic
4. $400......ish

Would love to see projectors, or just the housing so we can put what we want in

Mark
1999 SVT
CF preferably for pimpiness, ABS plastic because it's prettier than FG.
~$500 - $600 w/ bulbs
$300-$400 w/o
After Jan 15

I like the idea and think it might be best to model the housing around a bulb that would give the consumer a choice of bulbs as BP said. That way if someone doesn't want Xenon, they can get something else or whatever.

Please Dean try this.

Mike

Thats why i was suggesting the option of plastic lenses off an integra, with the option of more expensive hella lights.
98 contour
whatever material suits you..
~500$
right fricken now asap...

do it for the contiques sake..
we believe in you..
will pay cash!...
I would in for a set for my 97 stique depending on how fast this gets off the ground. When the turn around date is. I'm currently looking at the smae price range as everyone else so thats a plus. Please note I didn't read the entire post becuase I don't have enough time to but im in for a set and more then likely will be able to get some. Can someone make a chop of how it might look on a pre 98 stique front end?
Set of pre98 Morette style and I'm in like Flynn.
DISCLAIMER: I'm not in the market for this kind of thing, yet, so don't count me in on this GB thing!!!

But I sure would love to see it really happen, finally, after all these years. Especially if it improves the pathetic lighting performance of the early headlights.

I'm not really interested in HIDs, but if I could mount the Hella reflectors with some good quality halogen bulbs, that would be sweet, and by sweet... well, you know.

Unfortunately, lighting improvements are currently way low on my list of priorities, so you won't be seeing any orders from me any time soon. But so far, I like your philosophy, and you seem to have a good rep, and I firmly believe that if you make it, they will come. People have been lusting after this look since the late 90's, and I can't believe, either, that no one's found a "mass market" solution yet.
dean, if your body guy can provide painted ones that'd be super sweet... i'll take a set in GM Torch Red
99 Mystique
Carbon fiber in plastic housing, or fiberglass in plastic housing
300-400
spring time
dean, if your body guy can provide painted ones that'd be super sweet... i'll take a set in GM Torch Red

Lets not ask too much of him here...I say if the come primed alot of us can either rattle can it or take it to our favorite body shop.
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Lets not ask too much of him here...I say if the come primed alot of us can either rattle can it or take it to our favorite body shop.

definetly agree

and if i'm getting the SVT, then i'd definetly like to be in on this, as long as it's less than 500 bucks, i'd be in
if i stick w/ the SE, i'd probly be out cuz it's pre-98 and i really don't think it'd help make it look better or anything
96 contour
Carbon fiber
Plastic
Price???

I would like a set of new headlights. Desposit when is it needed?
1998.5 T-RED CSVT
$1.00-$350.00 (hey, he could offer them for a buck, who knows?)
Projectors would be cool, or the ability to use HID's would be even cooler!
Entirely carbon fiber housing, with fiberglass-ish covers
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, I'm down for these.

Hey, here's an idea... what about morette style tailights? Anyone ever think about that??? I'm picturing it in my mind, with the use of LED plates instead of bulbs, any fabricator takers?!!! I'd pay a pretty penny for these, too!
I'm not in this...just throwing out ideas.

Something to protect the lights
Originally posted by LilRedRocket:
Hey, here's an idea... what about morette style tailights? Anyone ever think about that??? I'm picturing it in my mind, with the use of LED plates instead of bulbs, any fabricator takers?!!! I'd pay a pretty penny for these, too!

Already been made by Chris Hightower, just never went into production.
1. 1998 E1 SVT
2. Anything
3. less than $500
4. Tell me when, and the check is on the way (or paypal )!
1. 2000
2. doesn't matter
3. 4 bills
4. now!!!!
Originally posted by RogerB:
As I said before, if they are painted on the inside like Hightowers, that would be perfect, or is that the way they would be anyway?

Either you're not clear on the concept, here, or I am really misunderstanding you.

The Hightower treatment takes a large plastic assembly with a clear lens and paints those internal pieces of plastic that are not directly involved in shaping the light beam.

The morette treatment eliminates the big plastic bubble assembly. There is no longer anything inside the light to paint.

Please peruse this thread again, where you will find pictures of the morette treatment on pre and post 98, and of the very small, but dedicated and efficient, Hella light assemblies that mount in the morette frame.

I guess I wasn't clear on the concept. Without having seen them up close, just in pix, I didn't realize there was no plastic cover. This makes them even more desirable. Now I'm really drooling. Dean, I hope you can come up with something for this. As I said before, I'll buy this from you because I know it will be high quality and well made. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Originally posted by LilRedRocket:

Already been made by Chris Hightower, just never went into production.

I PM'd him, begged and pleaded, offered money, etc, no dice so I guess Dean is our only hope for the tail lights. And I would also be willing to sell one of my kids for these.
1 98svt
2 whatever
3 450
4 as soon as you make them

I guess I wasn't clear on the concept. Without having seen them up close, just in pix, I didn't realize there was no plastic cover. This makes them even more desirable. Now I'm really drooling. Dean, I hope you can come up with something for this. As I said before, I'll buy this from you because I know it will be high quality and well made. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Oh. Well, here's a better pic of the general idea on an Escort.

[image] http://www.performancefordmag.com/wallpapers_img.asp?image=6_800.jpg [/image]

And here's a link to the extreme closeup:

http://www.performancefordmag.com/wallpapers_img.asp?image=6_1600.jpg

And, hope I didn't "sound" too mean earlier. I just reread my quote, and I sound like an a**hole.
just wanted to say im still collecting info. looking like its a worthy thing to pursue. and in reference to taillights... if everything goes well with headlights, you can be assured i'll do taillights too. but lets not go there yet. and dont forget, we're not limited to the morette style, if you see something similar that you like, pm a pic to me.
i'll be in touch.
if u guys do make em...make once piece headlights...it wouldn't look good if you did the lights only but left the corners stock...
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
if u guys do make em...make once piece headlights...it wouldn't look good if you did the lights only but left the corners stock...

yea, if we do pre98 they'll be a 1pc setup.

Uhhh. Yes it would.

[image]http://www.bilgalleri.dk/uploads/16181.jpg?567074[/image]

Why aren't my pictures working!?
make them exactly like that for the pre 98s.
Originally posted by mikey boy:
make them exactly like that for the pre 98s.

one piece would still be betterrrrrr
and we don't have clear corners soooo yea...
ummmmmmmmm, where have you been? we do have clear corners and one piece wont work.
if u make them yourself maybe

and why wouldn't one piece work?
i dont think you could install both pices as one unit. I know for the fact that the headlights pull right out but im guessing the turn signals come out perpendicular to the headlights. A two piece unit is possible i would think if there is enough depth to the turn signal. Looks can be deceiving. Its a pretty thin housing, but it might be possible.
why wouldn't one piece work?

i will show and tell later.
why 1 piece just wont work, if you want to change anything with the hieght, you would change the corner too, which is held down into place, which would make the rest unmovable. You just wouldn't want it unless you made it so they didnt move, or so the lights could be adjusted individulally. (sp)
98SVT
CF/WHATEVER
300/500
DEPOSIT ASAP!
98 SVT E0
CF or Fglass
500 or less
whenever
400-500
fibregalass
deposit whenever
well, as long as u provide clear corners then...
dean- u should get a count of how many people have replied and said they were interested
..i'm too lazy

but really, it seems like a TON have already replied, and i was just curious how many already had
idea for pre98 corners

Head count:

Pre 98= 10 interested
98+ = 39 interested
idea for pre98 corners

That would be fine if it were offered separately. (That's why I think a 2-piece unit is a better idea for the pre-98's.) I think that piece is a) ugly, b) detrimental to function, and c) illegal. (JMHO, except for "c.")

IF I were really interested in this group buy, that would be a deal breaker. Offered separately, it wouldn't matter.
idea for pre98 corners

Damn is that ugly!
ExDelayed

I just thought it kept that "morette style" so why not?

Its all up to the people who are willing to buy now anyway, which isn't me...just shootin ideas
1998 ford contour SVT
carbon fiber
about 500 dollars
i would buy them as soon as available
Originally posted by ohsigmachi:
Head count:

Pre 98= 10 interested
98+ = 39 interested

correction 98+ = 40 interested
Originally posted by todras:
idea for pre98 corners

Damn is that ugly!

It looks really good when combined with the headlight setup Jon's made. To make it legal, slap a reflective sticker on it. Some of you may want to live on the wild side and break the law by not having said sticker
i really dont see what is wrong with a set-up like this...

thats how the morettes are made for the mondeos. it is probably the easiest and cheapest set-up.
Originally posted by incubusjunkie614:
Head count:

Pre 98= 10 interested
98+ = 39 interested

Dean: what's the time line on this? What with all the people interested in these, is start up money an issue with you or are you just doing a set by hand "in your spare time" to see how hard it is? I'm also wondering how many of the 40 98+ people would be willing to put out some cash to speed up the process. I'm asking because I am not skilled in any type of fabrication and don't know the process. I just don't want this to die because of lack of capital.
Head count:

Pre 98= 10 interested
98+ = 39 interested

Dean: what's the time line on this? What with all the people interested in these, is start up money an issue with you or are you just doing a set by hand "in your spare time" to see how hard it is? I'm also wondering how many of the 40 98+ people would be willing to put out some cash to speed up the process. I'm asking because I am not skilled in any type of fabrication and don't know the process. I just don't want this to die because of lack of capital.

i'll be willing to front some money
I got 100 bucks for the project if my contract expands for my job (contractor). I will know on thursday 100%. If not, I can't front any money till the 5th or so when I would start again. I want to make a $250.00 payment shortly after January, so It won't be such a pocket braker when they are ready.
Head count:

Pre 98= 10 interested
98+ = 39 interested

Another correction......98+=40 / pre 98=11
You can count me in price/date dependent
1. 1998/Contour/SE/LX/Sport
2. CF or Plastic depeding on price
3. $350 would be max for me
4. I would buy them yesterday, tomorrow, and next week
I WANT SOME NOW!!!!!!!!!! PUT ME IN FOR A PAIR
ok, i just wanted to post so you all didn't wonder where i was. i just got some ABS plastic sheets here to play with. i have contemplated a few different ways of going about the process of making these lights, and i think the most practical and cost efficient way to go about it would be to use the oem housing, the rear half, and modify the inside forward. this will give us a sure-fit for mounting and adjustment as well as help us keep our leveller.

i think its quite obvious that the first batch of lights are going to be for the 98+ contours. this will help us invest more into the process for making pre-98 lights as well as mystique lights.

if any of you have an old set of headlights laying around and would like to DONATE them to us for test models, please let me know. i currently only have a spare set of 98+ mystique lights here. i would like to start with a set of 98+ contour headlights. however, if you have pre-98 contour or mystique lights, we could take those too and play around with them.

If you donate a set of headlights, we'll compensate you on the shipping when you buy the morette-style ones.

PM me for my address.
Ohhh. This is getting exciting. Wish I had an extra set, but I don't. If this all goes forward, I think I will be interested too.
Good news Dean
well, i'm pretty much in on this GB, so the number goes up to what, 42 people with 98+ contours i believe?
I have a $100 deposit that i'm ready to make, whenever you start making an official list for these things. I don't know how much you want from us in the beginning, but I'll be #42 that's ready to commit.
how much are we looking at here dean?? i could be down, i just have to make some decisions about what i want to do to my car in the future (like where to spend my money).

im just wondering what kind of price we are looking at before a deposit is thrown down.

anyway, sounds like you are on top of things so far, so good luck with making these. hope everything goes smoothly (as smooth as it can)
I,am in on a set of pre 98 headlights.
I,d like to have matching corner lights too.
PLEASE PUT ME IN FOR A SET OF HEADLIGHTS....PLEASE.........i only wish i could donate my pair, but im using them............I AM DEFINATELY IN FOR A SET THOUGH
Dean, I think I've got an old Pre-98 headlight lying around that I could donate.

I'll let you know, and contact via PM.
I am very interested but cannot commit right now. I plan on investing some cash into my car this winter/spring so its show worthy this summer so i can get some advertising out there.
I just glanced through the whole thread so i might have missed it, but i think these might look even better/ if they stayed behind the clear lenses like the OEMs.
just a sudgestion...but still interested either way.
espicially if we could use projectors
Originally posted by parkedcar:
but i think these might look even better/ if they stayed behind the clear lenses like the OEMs.
just a sudgestion...but still interested either way.
espicially if we could use projectors

i was thinking that too. and we may try a few different setups based on how many light assemblies we have to experiment with. its just gonna take some time and i hope everyone has the patience needed. i'll come through with something cool tho.
sounds awesome!
its just gonna take some time and i hope everyone has the patience needed. i'll come through with something cool tho.

this is totally cool, as long as u make sure to come by every 2-3 days and update us, especially once we get our deposits it later in the process, because (and PLEASE don't start some flame war over this) a lot of people got mad @ kaotic simply because they wouldn't update anything on their GB in the forums. I think as long as u keep us updated, we'll be pretty patient.0

also, i know this is a really hard estimate to make, but when do you think you'll be shipping the first ordered pair? i mean, what amount of time are you shooting for?
I can wait also.My car won,t be show ready until 2005.
99 contour se
fiberglass housing
$300-$400
asap

morette style w/ or w/o projector headlamps
Originally posted by jmgilman:
this is totally cool, as long as u make sure to come by every 2-3 days and update us, especially once we get our deposits it later in the process

I got a rather extensive experience while dealing with Dean on numerous occasions regarding both purchasing, service, and varyous mods, and every time I was 101% satisfied. The kid values his customers' money more than his own. He would refuse to completely change my entire suspension b4 he made absolutely sure it was perfect.
So, my point is, if and when the headlights making is possible - the whole thing goes smoothly. No doubt about it.
UPDATE:
naturally, due to the holiday and new years approaching, things are quite hectic.
business is going good, and aside from the morette style headlights, i'm working on a few other things for CEG'ers, such as...

1- FULLY adjustable seat mount brackets. these brackets will accomodate Ractive racing seats, Weapon-R racing seats, as well as Sparco, Corbeau, and Momo, and probably Recaro. I'm focusing on a low profile design that will give the driver and passenger a great deal of adjustability.

2- A custom dead pedal. I have a design in mind that will be great and only require drilling 2 holes, 3 at most.

3- the rest is secret:)

as far as $ and deposits... im using my own money to do all this stuff. i don't want anyone to send me money for a product i don't yet have. when the first set is done, numerous pictures will be taken and they'll be tested out for durability. once thats done, i will take orders and you'll get yours. 98+ contours will be the first run of lights.
i will do the testing for the first set of pre-98s! i am such a nice guy.

Talk about letting out my curiosity.
UPDATE:
naturally, due to the holiday and new years approaching, things are quite hectic.
business is going good, and aside from the morette style headlights, i'm working on a few other things for CEG'ers, such as...

1- FULLY adjustable seat mount brackets. these brackets will accomodate Ractive racing seats, Weapon-R racing seats, as well as Sparco, Corbeau, and Momo, and probably Recaro. I'm focusing on a low profile design that will give the driver and passenger a great deal of adjustability.

2- A custom dead pedal. I have a design in mind that will be great and only require drilling 2 holes, 3 at most.

as far as $ and deposits... im using my own money to do all this stuff. i don't want anyone to send me money for a product i don't yet have. when the first set is done, numerous pictures will be taken and they'll be tested out for durability. once thats done, i will take orders and you'll get yours. 98+ contours will be the first run of lights.

you know what would be sweet...racing seats made for the backseat.

intsead of getting ur stock seats wrapped, u replace em with two racing seats that will fit in the back

intsead of getting ur stock seats wrapped, u replace em with two racing seats that will fit in the back

Hmmm.... Rear racing seats usually means lack of of them. Why would ya want to have something like 2 seats, designed as front ones, for the back of your car?
Something similar to that is the Cougar back seat. Bucket style, and with some modification (to the car) they fit in the Tour.

Hmmm.... Rear racing seats usually means lack of of them. Why would ya want to have something like 2 seats, designed as front ones, for the back of your car?

because it would look bad ass

because it would look bad ass...

...for me to poop on.

because it would look bad ass...

...for me to poop on.

NO

they will look good

because it would look bad ass

Like in passengers's asses that will feel bad? JK
I am extreamly interested pending price!! Will e-mail this to a friend also!!!
Originally posted by jmgilman:
this is totally cool, as long as u make sure to come by every 2-3 days and update us, especially once we get our deposits it later in the process

I got a rather extensive experience while dealing with Dean on numerous occasions regarding both purchasing, service, and varyous mods, and every time I was 101% satisfied. The kid values his customers' money more than his own. He would refuse to completely change my entire suspension b4 he made absolutely sure it was perfect.
So, my point is, if and when the headlights making is possible - the whole thing goes smoothly. No doubt about it.

Agreed, Dean is great with customer service and prices.

i love that front bumper would they do it for a mk2 mondeo ????????? and whats the rear bumper like ?????????
UPDATE:
Just wanted to let you all know i didnt forget you. Finally, Christmas is past us and I'm focusing on creating stuff. I am letting my bodyguy imagine a few different ways to make the new headlights. In the meantime I am fabricating custom seat mounts for the contiques that'll help you bolt in just about any kind of racing out there, as well as every seat i sell.
Originally posted by chillduke:

i love that front bumper would they do it for a mk2 mondeo ????????? and whats the rear bumper like ?????????

Unless mikey isn't telling us something, that is just a photochop, the bumper is the M3 unit....looks hot as hell itself though.
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:
Originally posted by chillduke:

Unless mikey isn't telling us something, that is just a photochop, the bumper is the M3 unit....looks hot as hell itself though.

i also just noticed the size of the E1 wheels on that...lol

sounds good dean!
will you possibly have this by mid spring?
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 12/31/03 04:33 AM
hey all...
i think i have thought up a way that we can use our stock headlight assemblies (for true fitment) and obtain the morette look. its experimental, but i think it'll cause some drooling
Posted By: m!key Re: Morette style OPTION - 12/31/03 05:12 AM
hey dean, here is an idea that i have been working on with the post 98 morettes. what if you used two smaller projectors and then used the space on the side as a vent.

then fab up some sort of CAI to get true cold air in. for the other side just use the space as a vent for the bay? i have started in a a set of post 98 headlights (thanks big joe) but i am not that far along.
Posted By: parkedcar Re: Morette style OPTION - 12/31/03 05:54 AM
mikey boy...looks good. but i was hoping for the clear lence to stay and everything being behind it. But i dont know what every one elses ideas are
Posted By: m!key Re: Morette style OPTION - 12/31/03 05:58 AM
yeah it is just an idea that i have been sketching out and doing photoshops of. i have a post 98 headlight torn apart. i am working on the front now but if dean can get it made easier that would be a good thing.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Morette style OPTION - 12/31/03 09:17 AM
man i like the vent idea, they look real good
Nice to see someone making yet another custom part for the Contique, long live the CEG underground
I like the vent idea also.
i like it too, but thats gonna add some time and end up adding to the price. maybe there'll be a vent version and a non-vent version. u guys are killin me lol.
sorry, i was just trying to help.
I think we'll all just do fine without the vent, I have no use for it anyways.
sorry, i was just trying to help.

lol, thats ok... they arent in production yet. ideas like urs are what we need to gather everything wanted and make sumthin hot.
sorry stay with a two part design.You got my support
i think in all reality

keept it clean, keep it simple

AFTER you have a product put together, then you can start to get creative with it...it'll keep the cost down, time down and everyone will be happy.

I personally would be more interested in a vented hood then a vented headlight...I just remembered though that I have a pre98 so this really doesn't concern me.

i still like the idea of gettin a solid product out first before gettin fancy
Well if ya decide to use projectors i will be game. But i have 2 questions.

1 what bulb are you going to use. the stock 9006 or are we gonna switch over to H7s or H9s.

2 What would be the turn around time on these bad boys. I mean since then will all be hand made i think they might take some time to make. or are you going to make a mold and go from there. If its hand made how will the list work.
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Well if ya decide to use projectors i will be game. But i have 2 questions.

1 what bulb are you going to use. the stock 9006 or are we gonna switch over to H7s or H9s.

2 What would be the turn around time on these bad boys. I mean since then will all be hand made i think they might take some time to make. or are you going to make a mold and go from there. If its hand made how will the list work.

I would really like projectors and would be willing to pay the extra for the better lighting.
I too would really love projectors, or maybe just one projector and one regular assembly. On another note, I really dont see the point in putting all of that custom work behind a plastic lense, if you want that look get milan's setup and get you headlights hightower-painted body color. I know that the lense is about durability, but Morrette lights are about style.
i dont think it will interfere with style at all. just look at the lights on ferarris and the new corvette and such. They have the same molded look behind the lense...i think it will look bad ass. But i plan on buying them no matter what dean makes
I'm interested; 98 SVT and I'm in for around 350 to 400 range. The vert idea it a great idea, and it looks good. Material is not important, but I think there should be a clear plastic cover over it; or at least some ones inside the light housing to protect the bulbs a little more.
I too would really love projectors, or maybe just one projector and one regular assembly.

I would love to see this as well.

I don't see how the whole headlight assemblies could be done in the 400 to 500 range. I remember hearing of one ceg'er trying, and not finding anything reasonable. If i remember correctly, getting the molds and tooling set up cost something like 15,000. I could be completely wrong.

I think the morettes are do-able
Angel eyes option!!!
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/02/04 02:57 AM
mikey boy...looks good. but i was hoping for the clear lence to stay and everything being behind it. But i dont know what every one elses ideas are

But that's not a Morette style!
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/02/04 02:46 PM
UPDATE:
Just letting you all know I've been reading up on the posts daily and absorbing all your requests and info. I predicted a wide array of opinions and I'm hoping that I can satisfy 75% of them if not all of them.

My main guy who does the mechanical work on my customers cars is going to be learning how to do block molds and all the good stuff that can lead to running off a mass production of just about any parts we want to make. Unfortunately, he won't be doing that til June/July, but thats ok because it means by this time next year, there should be a number of custom Contique parts made by Under Pressure Auto.

IN THE MEANTIME: I am using my own money to experiment with a few different things as far as the headlights, seat mounts, dead pedals, etc go. I'm hoping to have a picture of a "morette-style" headlight on my car (not photochop) by the end of this month (jan 04). However, the lights that under pressure auto sells will have a new name... something light "evil eyes" or something. In my opinion, the morettes make the car look pissed and cool, these will have an even more aggrssive look and therefore should have a name that will reflect their demeanor:)
Posted By: parkedcar Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/02/04 03:23 PM
Kick ass. Cant wait to see them on your car. I just hope that there is some way that these can be out before July. But what ever it takes man. I am sure they will be amazing and worth what ever the wait has to be.
Posted By: Sarge43 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/02/04 05:56 PM
Dean, I don't know what block molding is, but maybe you and your main dude might want to look into vacuum molding. By the looks of it you could even do clear plastic covers with this method. Groove on dude.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/02/04 08:01 PM
damn by the end of jan.? thats pretty quick...

you guys still have no idea on price range?
Posted By: ProudSVT_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/02/04 10:20 PM
damn by the end of jan.? thats pretty quick...

you guys still have no idea on price range?

He won't be able to give us a good idea on that for a little while.
Posted By: outkast Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/02/04 10:52 PM
Can anyone add the pic. from Percybigun ford mondeo to
this thread.I love those headlights with the corner tint!
Its in pics and video section{zectecninja} hook me up
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/03/04 01:26 AM
BY THE END OF JAN:
I am actually going to sculpt a couple of headlights and install them on my car and whatever one gets the crowd going is the one that I will then create and sell. This past week I have bought power equipment that will make it possible for me to start running off seat brackets and other things. I plan on doing a set of lights for each of our 4 divisions pre/post 98 and contour/mystique. For the first few months they will basically be created 1 by 1, but I'm hoping by august to actually have a production set going. I'm not saying you'll all have to wait til then, because I should be creating them in about a month. The only thing I'm saying is that it wont be until the middle-end of summer that I'll be able to mass-produce them. I know there aren't really any companies that want to invest in contique stuff, so I'm hoping to be one of the few that will bring you stuff. ok, im tired of typing for now:)
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/03/04 01:31 AM
Dean Joyce, you are my hero.

~Andrew
Posted By: Dtox Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/03/04 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:

~Andrew

Posted By: R_G Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/03/04 04:53 AM
< wondering who is gonna get the first set - excluding Dean?
Posted By: alibies Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/03/04 06:07 AM
i think the name ur lookin for the headlights is lights-that-fufill-your-every-wish-for-your-constiqe-to-look-like-ever
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/03/04 06:22 AM

~Andrew

and im not even sure if i would buy a pair (still thinkin about it). it makes me really glad to see that people still care enough about these cars to actually inovate new pieces for them (not just these lights, but dean is talking about even more). thanks so much for the effort, and i cant wait to see how these and your other creations turn out!
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/03/04 08:02 AM
hey guys thanx for the "woot woot", it keeps me motivated lol. i turned on my new chop-saw tonite and for some crazy reason all the lights in my house dimmed. hmmm, lololol. arrrrggggg, more power!

im trying my best to design/produce things for ceg while also doing a few motor swaps we have lined up, a rear drum-to-disc conversion in my mystique, and for those of you who dont know that im in a wheelchair, medicare is reallllllly screwing me over on covering something that 2 doctors prescribed for me and im currently shelling out the money personally... thats the biggest headache of anything.

in any case, i hope to get things done in a reasonable amount of time. hmmmm, maybe i should just run off 10 sets of lights and make them a very limited edition... hmmm. haha no im just kidding.

oh yea, im getting rid of my wing and making my license plate level for a new look in '04
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/03/04 02:33 PM

~Andrew

ECHO THAT THOUGHT!!!!!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/03/04 06:18 PM
I say don't make them for the pre 98 mystique unless you have a specific order...because those are a rare bunch and who knows who would be willing to buy em. IMHO
Posted By: auiotour Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/03/04 06:40 PM
I say don't make them for the pre 98 mystique unless you have a specific order...because those are a rare bunch and who knows who would be willing to buy em. IMHO

he does have a point. Don't know of to many. See if anyone was interested on those.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/03/04 09:25 PM
Originally posted by outkast:
Can anyone add the pic. from Percybigun ford mondeo to
this thread.I love those headlights with the corner tint!
Its in pics and video section{zectecninja} hook me up

can't direct link from lycos
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/03/04 09:38 PM
oh yea, im getting rid of my wing and making my license plate level for a new look in '04

Thank goodness!
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/04/04 12:49 AM

Thank goodness!

HAHAHA, i was waiting for that.
Posted By: Nate S Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/04/04 03:17 AM
ahahah...i agree...that was the ONE thing i didnt like about your car.
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/04/04 03:42 AM
and for those tailgaters out there, watch out for the blinding piaa's that will be shining you in the face when my rear license plate flips up:)
Posted By: Dtox Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/04/04 03:47 AM
and for those tailgaters out there, watch out for the blinding piaa's that will be shining you in the face when my rear license plate flips up:)

I could go for a set of those
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/04/04 03:55 AM
turns out cops (especially those sneaky under cover ones) dont like it when you do something like that to them dont ask how i know
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/04/04 06:30 AM
and for those of you who dont know that im in a wheelchair,

That stinks, but if your wheelchair is like your car, it probably has a Sparco race seat, 24" BBS wheels, 15" Brembo brakes, and a custom paint job!
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/04/04 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Bronco_II:
and for those of you who dont know that im in a wheelchair,

That stinks, but if your wheelchair is like your car, it probably has a Sparco race seat, 24" BBS wheels, 15" Brembo brakes, and a custom paint job!

lol, well, i didnt go that crazy yet, BUT, it is painted to match my mystique and has 25-inch composite tri-spoke wheels. You can kinda see in this pic what i mean, but im hoping to chrome all the little pieces on it b4 show season '04. and i dont know who that girl is on the left, she just happened to come into view lol.

Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/05/04 04:00 PM
I assume that you drive your car with hand controls... any pictures? I've always wondered how they work.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/05/04 07:31 PM
I've been wondering why you haven't with manual style with the hand controls

if u can shift with 2 feet should be just the same with ur hands right

i think it'd be sweet
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/05/04 07:34 PM
I think there'd be a steering issue...
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/05/04 07:45 PM
o yea huh...hahaha

guess I didn't think that one all the way through
Posted By: R_G Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/05/04 08:18 PM
I assume that you drive your car with hand controls... any pictures? I've always wondered how they work.

Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/06/04 02:18 AM
lol, thanks RG, i was just gonna post that pic of my controls in the accord.

zetecninja... i would have actually setup something to be able to drive 5spd, but my hands are also paralyzed... cant move my fingers at all. so, left hand is in the tri-pin on the steering wheel and right hand is on the hand control for gas (down) and brake (forward).
Posted By: crusinmercury Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/12/04 06:10 AM
ttt
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/12/04 10:27 PM
lol, "ttt" got me to look. prototype should be ready by the end of january. ive been bogged down making seat mounting brackets:)
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/12/04 10:27 PM
lol, "ttt" got me to look. prototype should be ready by the end of january. ive been bogged down making seat mounting brackets:)
Posted By: Nate S Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/12/04 10:42 PM
cool
Posted By: NorCalSVT Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/16/04 01:01 AM
the vent looks akward!!
Posted By: NorCalSVT Morette style OPTION - 01/16/04 01:19 AM
why don't you just make a conversion kit to fit the Morette's?

that set-up / design looks super hot, car design school graduates obviously did them.

please don't add any "vents" or make it look more "Mean/pissed"

remember, this is not a "Fast & Furious" thing, more a Euro Tuner thing, more understatement, less flash. the goal is for more performance, not to get pulled over by the cops because you have something that looks different.

they should be black plastic to be painted to match the body - forget about the carbon fiber, it's a fad (just like Fast & Furious looking things)

Posted By: e1flakedsvt Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/16/04 02:54 AM
Personaly I would paint them body color but I would'nt consider carbon fibre "fad"
Posted By: parkedcar Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/16/04 04:41 AM
Originally posted by NorCalSVT:

that set-up / design looks super hot, car design school graduates obviously did them.

remember, this is not a "Fast & Furious" thing, more a Euro Tuner thing, more understatement, less flash. the goal is for more performance, not to get pulled over by the cops because you have something that looks different.

they should be black plastic to be painted to match the body - forget about the carbon fiber, it's a fad (just like Fast & Furious looking things)

First off, the idea i believe behind this is for one, make something that fits the car correctly and isnt the $$$ that the morettes are. If i remember corectly the real morettes are VERY expensive, plus its not just the mounting that isnt right its the over all shape.
Second, these lights are to be DIFFERENT from stock. So why not make them mean and pissed off looking. i dont think they will be "flashy" but i sure hope that they wont be an understatement. Thats one of the reasons i will be first in line when deposist open. Headlights are obvioously not performance mods so why compare it.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/16/04 05:58 AM
wouldn't it be easier to just have a set of morretts sent over here and then fabricate em to fit our cars...
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/16/04 02:58 PM

Headlights are obvioously not performance mods so why compare it.

If you don't care about the performance of your headlights, why not just paint them to look like morettes? Then you can have little holes for your "Cool Blues" to "shine" through.

The only justification, in my mind, for spending hundreds of dollars on headlights is to improve the lighting, esp of the crappy early lights, so I can drive faster at night on rural highways. Those little round hellas (or whatever) are much more efficient at projecting light down the road than that design-constrained squished ellipsoid deal that came on the early cars.

But then, I'm not part of the group buy. But if this turns into a F&F mod, there'll be no future sales potential at my house, either.
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/16/04 03:40 PM
wouldn't it be easier to just have a set of morretts sent over here and then fabricate em to fit our cars...

are you serious?
Posted By: parkedcar Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/16/04 04:39 PM

Headlights are obvioously not performance mods so why compare it.

If you don't care about the performance of your headlights, why not just paint them to look like morettes? Then you can have little holes for your "Cool Blues" to "shine" through.

The only justification, in my mind, for spending hundreds of dollars on headlights is to improve the lighting, esp of the crappy early lights, so I can drive faster at night on rural highways. Those little round hellas (or whatever) are much more efficient at projecting light down the road than that design-constrained squished ellipsoid deal that came on the early cars.

But then, I'm not part of the group buy. But if this turns into a F&F mod, there'll be no future sales potential at my house, either.

let me rephrase myself. Headlights dont makem your car faster. lol,( but try convincing a ricer of that) obviously i want better lighting along with some badass style
Posted By: outkast Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/16/04 05:00 PM
Make them look like killer! A rice killer
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/16/04 06:46 PM

are you serious?

yes I am.

it would be easier than building them from scratch
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/16/04 07:15 PM
Dean...What ever happened to the seat GB?
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/16/04 08:39 PM
Originally posted by skrilla187:
Dean...What ever happened to the seat GB?

once i finish making the mounting brackets for my myst, im gonna do another seat group buy. hopefully within the next 2 weeks.
Posted By: m!key Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/16/04 08:45 PM

the goal is for more performance, not to get pulled over by the cops because you have something that looks different.

ummmmmmmmm, the vents are not just for looks. you see when you have cooler air going into the engine it creates more HP. cooler air too would reduce heat soak for people with open air elements. do you have an open air element? i wouldnt think you did because they are only for looks and may, in fact, hurt performance. just a heads up.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/16/04 10:20 PM

are you serious?

yes I am.

So everyone having extensions welded onto their fenders, having to reposition some other stuff under the hood, having the fendes repainted... That's not to mention buying the Morettes from overseas + the nice shipping charge you get... So everyone pays $1000+ for the headlights, or Dean does something that he loves doing, puts some work into making stock headlights work, and gets us a killer deal... Not sure how fabricating everything to fit the European ones would be cheaper

Mark
Posted By: parkedcar Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/16/04 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

are you serious?

yes I am.

So everyone having extensions welded onto their fenders, having to reposition some other stuff under the hood, having the fendes repainted... That's not to mention buying the Morettes from overseas + the nice shipping charge you get... So everyone pays $1000+ for the headlights, or Dean does something that he loves doing, puts some work into making stock headlights work, and gets us a killer deal... Not sure how fabricating everything to fit the European ones would be cheaper

Mark

BRAVO...well put
Posted By: Nate S Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/16/04 11:03 PM
i think zetec ninja means that it might be easier to have the first pair sent over from the UK, so that you can have something to go off of. once thats done, you could then create more from what you have... (or whatever, i dont know anything about bodywork)
Posted By: crusinmercury Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/17/04 04:39 AM
Exactly... the set ordered would just be for a guide. Not to dublicate, but that does take away from the fun factor of making them himself... hmmmm...
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/17/04 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

are you serious?

yes I am.

Mark

NO

modify the lights themselves...I never said anything about what you're talking about.
Posted By: R_G Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/17/04 12:36 PM
BRAVO...well put

Agree. Why then not to buy Mondeos - not lights but the cars themselves on Ebay.uk.com - and never have to mod anything?
The entire idea behind Dean's initiative was NOT to pay over 800 bux and NOT to engage in heavy mods involving body shops and whatnot...
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/17/04 03:40 PM
hey dean, here is an idea that i have been working on with the post 98 morettes. what if you used two smaller projectors and then used the space on the side as a vent.

then fab up some sort of CAI to get true cold air in. for the other side just use the space as a vent for the bay? i have started in a a set of post 98 headlights (thanks big joe) but i am not that far along.

I really like the idea of something that will allow a CAI to be put with it. We try all sorts of things to get cold air into the engine-IMO, this would seem to be a good way of doing it. Geez, we're even looking at a moveable hood scoop in a GB. just my 2cents
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/17/04 09:56 PM
I think I just...let me check...yup, gotta change my shorts.

I like that vented headlamp idea very much.

Posted By: IonNinja Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/17/04 11:02 PM
BRAVO...well put

Agree. Why then not to buy Mondeos - not lights but the cars themselves on Ebay.uk.com - and never have to mod anything?
The entire idea behind Dean's initiative was NOT to pay over 800 bux and NOT to engage in heavy mods involving body shops and whatnot...

NO

modify the lights themselves...I never said anything about what you're talking about.

Posted By: Freakshow Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/17/04 11:44 PM
Originally posted by 69Boss302:

Agreed but I'd be happy with just about any mrette-like conversion setup although the vented deal looks really good and has a good functional purpose to it.
Posted By: ProudSVT_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/18/04 01:01 AM
BRAVO...well put

NO

Modifing the light them-selves pretty much means a new case/molding etc. You would have to start from scratch. It isn't any different than what this thread is all about.
Posted By: BigC Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/18/04 05:37 AM
Well, I hate to break this to you, ZetecNinja. What you are talking about is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. The Morettes are molded with a different height, width, and the overall molding is a different shape. How do you intend to change the headlight? You cannot bash it to size. You cannot re-mold it. You cannot melt it. Without extensive bodywork, it is just not gonna happen.

Additionally, say that Mr. Joyce could make true Morettes work without bodywork. It would cost the $450 to ship them to Mr. Joyce, a pretty good amount for his work, and then more to ship them to your doorstep. You're looking at $600 minimum. Who wants to pay $600 for a headlight that has been modified, and possibly compromised in strength and durability, when you could pay $450 and get a product made in the great U.S.A. and get an original un-fooled-around-with headlight from Mr. Joyce? I know I would take the latter.

No offense intended, just adding some input from a man whose trade is in fabrication.

-Big C
Posted By: crusinmercury Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/18/04 07:27 AM
Originally posted by BigC:
Well, I hate to break this to you, ZetecNinja. What you are talking about is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. The Morettes are molded with a different height, width, and the overall molding is a different shape. How do you intend to change the headlight? You cannot bash it to size. You cannot re-mold it. You cannot melt it. Without extensive bodywork, it is just not gonna happen.

Additionally, say that Mr. Joyce could make true Morettes work without bodywork. It would cost the $450 to ship them to Mr. Joyce, a pretty good amount for his work, and then more to ship them to your doorstep. You're looking at $600 minimum. Who wants to pay $600 for a headlight that has been modified, and possibly compromised in strength and durability, when you could pay $450 and get a product made in the great U.S.A. and get an original un-fooled-around-with headlight from Mr. Joyce? I know I would take the latter.

No offense intended, just adding some input from a man whose trade is in fabrication.

-Big C

You guys missed the Entire point of what Zetec was saying. He was just sugesting buying ONE set of morettes to use as a guide, a template maybe to aid in the construction of ours, but not to actaully sell to us, because that would of course be way to expensive.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/18/04 10:32 AM
Originally posted by crusinmercury:
Originally posted by BigC:

-Big C

You guys missed the Entire point of what Zetec was saying. He was just sugesting buying ONE set of morettes to use as a guide, a template maybe to aid in the construction of ours, but not to actaully sell to us, because that would of course be way to expensive.

exactly

and why would you NOT be able to modify the morettes?

modify the lights themselves to fit with our stock fenders, grill, etc...then use the modified morette to create a mold

why is this not possible and worse than starting completely from scratch?

money is the only issue I'm seeing with this idea but when the finished product is released the money will be made back many times over.
Posted By: R_G Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/18/04 01:02 PM
You guys missed the Entire point of what Zetec was saying. He was just sugesting buying ONE set of morettes to use as a guide

Still we are looking for about 8 huns here. I don't think that anybody is willing to enter into this kind of expenses...
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/18/04 06:56 PM
You guys missed the Entire point of what Zetec was saying. He was just sugesting buying ONE set of morettes to use as a guide

Still we are looking for about 8 huns here. I don't think that anybody is willing to enter into this kind of expenses...

well personally it doesn't look like Dean is struggling financially, theres no doubt in my mind that he could afford a set. Like I said, the money made once they're completed would pay back what he spent to bring the lights here and then some.

I just think it would be easier than going completely from scratch...
Posted By: SESportV Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/18/04 08:53 PM
Do we have an ETA on these lights??? I have about a two week window where i can buy a set.... someone side swiped me on the HWY and put me into a cement barrier.... then decided to keep driving and left me there... but anywho my insurance company is leniant, but i need to purchase a set of headlights real soon... i would be willing to definitely try a prototype
Posted By: R_G Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/19/04 12:01 AM
Dean - BTW, a public announcement. I got new set of light for my Tour, with orange reflectors removed, so I am to donate my lights to the science LOL - seriously, you can have mine to experiment with.
Posted By: outkast Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/19/04 12:28 AM
Hurry dean!I can,t wait to hit the car shows with those
lights
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/19/04 02:48 AM
SESportV... the prototype isnt going to be a unit that you'd want to put on any car for actual useage. its going to be a model for looks and fit, to show and get everyones opinions on. things will be able to be changed and all until the final design is in favor by most. its a slow process, but im only 1 person and have many other things going on that i need to devote time to in order to keep my head above water.

RG... thanks for the lights man, you're awesome!

outkast... hopefully things will go quicker than planned, but i must ask patience from everyone. i think most people understand tho that when something new is about to be made, or at least a new product from a company, things sometimes take quite a bit longer. but im trying.
Posted By: Manch-VegasSVT Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/19/04 02:51 AM
Dean you are da man,
keep up the good work....
And keep us posted..........
Posted By: m!key Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/19/04 02:56 AM
just for fun and to test my industrial design skills i have a drivers side morette half way completed with a vent.
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/19/04 02:59 AM
just for fun and to test my industrial design skills i have a drivers side morette half way completed with a vent.

i had a feelin someone was gonna try it lol..
Posted By: crusinmercury Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/19/04 05:08 AM
Dean, just a thought to help everyone out. Whenever these are going to be produced is there anthing you could do to the 'clips' where you screw the headlights in to make them stronger. like maybe some type of metal piece there so it won't break as easily. I'm sure plenty of CEGers have had those things break on them. Just a thought
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/19/04 05:42 AM
Dean, just a thought to help everyone out. Whenever these are going to be produced is there anthing you could do to the 'clips' where you screw the headlights in to make them stronger. like maybe some type of metal piece there so it won't break as easily. I'm sure plenty of CEGers have had those things break on them. Just a thought

Excellent idea... I think that dropping the hood is what breaks them... But I hate closing the hood when it's all cleaned up, and pressing down on it to close it to find out I left all sorts of fingerprints...

Mark
Posted By: outkast Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/19/04 02:44 PM
sorry DEAN I can wait! I,am just having cabin fever
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/19/04 06:42 PM

Well, I guess it would work with the 98+, but it still wouldn't be my first choice.

For the pre-98's, I hope he'd go with a two piece deal, anyway. The headlight unit would be the twin light, and the corner marker could be modded to some sort of vent. Parts available separately, of course, or if not, the corner is at least something you could sell on ebay (like the MSDS Y-pipe...)

Anyway, doesn't matter cause I'm just talking. I won't be voting with my dollar.
Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/19/04 08:05 PM
I dont feel like reading through all the posts and stuff so im sure this questions been asked and answered but whats the price going to look like?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/19/04 11:57 PM
I broke mine by rear ending someone. Duh
Posted By: ProudSVT_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/20/04 04:46 AM
Originally posted by SVTcontourSVT:
I dont feel like reading through all the posts and stuff so im sure this questions been asked and answered but whats the price going to look like?

We don't know yet
Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/20/04 07:43 PM
Gotcha
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/21/04 02:29 AM

trying to keep the price under $500/pr

Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/21/04 02:06 PM

trying to keep the price under $500/pr

Posted By: papadage_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/22/04 12:28 AM
At that price, consider me in also. Any idea of a rough time frame? I want to repaint the car sometime this year also.
Posted By: e1flakedsvt Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/26/04 06:18 PM
YO?
Posted By: bklynman01 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/26/04 09:12 PM
if you keep it under about $400 or $425 i'm in.

96 tour
~$400
Spring

Posted By: outkast Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/29/04 01:47 PM
? hola
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/29/04 03:11 PM
with this weather here in the northeast and being in a wheelchair, getting around has become a project in itself. in about a week i should have a pic of what the lights could/should look like.
i think i have figured out a way to make this mod cost effective, easy to do, and still leave you with oem fitment and also the option of using various kinds/brands of lights. if i am successful at fabricating my visions, you people are gonna love me, lol. i'll update this post in about a week. (2-6-04)
Posted By: parkedcar Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/29/04 03:22 PM
dont worry dean...we already love ya for giving this a shot
Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/29/04 04:47 PM
Dean's the man, thanks bro
Posted By: thejms Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/29/04 06:59 PM

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/29/04 07:41 PM
Once again Dean, tip of the cap to you for making something like this for the CEG Long live the "CEG underground" for parts and services!
Posted By: R_G Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/29/04 10:41 PM

Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/29/04 11:05 PM

Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/29/04 11:33 PM

Posted By: papadage_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/29/04 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Russell-3L:

Posted By: incubusjunkie614 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/30/04 12:17 AM
Originally posted by papadage:

Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/30/04 12:37 AM
I love being the center of attention
Posted By: Freakshow Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/30/04 02:04 AM

Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/30/04 02:56 AM
Originally posted by freakshow:

Posted By: parkedcar Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/30/04 03:09 AM

Posted By: R_G Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/30/04 03:48 AM
I love this site
Posted By: crusinmercury Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/30/04 04:33 AM
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/30/04 04:49 AM
Is that a reply pyramid?

BP
Posted By: RoeCyris Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/30/04 05:10 PM
This is so silly

Oh yea...Deans the man.
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/30/04 05:25 PM

Posted By: IonNinja Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/30/04 05:53 PM
STOP!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: BigC Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/30/04 09:49 PM
Okay, to change the topic from ridiculous quoting, I have a question. I understand that in your last update you'd mentioned that the headlights would be cost effective. By cost effective, do you mean to say that they'll be less expensive then we'd originally thought?

Also, did we decide if we'd be using a clear cover like on the new 'Vette or will the lenses be exposed? Thanks a lot for your updates.

-Charlie White
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/30/04 10:50 PM
chances are since there are many different interests in style, the first set we are going to produce will resemble the morettes closely and be for the 98+ tours. if sales are successful with those, we will move into the 98+ mystique genre, and hopefully get working on both models of the pre98's. And yes, taillights are also in the plans.

as far as cost effective... yes, i am hoping to surprise everyone with a "lower-than-expected" price. however, its still too early to tell, so, lets just keep $500 in mind and i'll try to stay under it:)

and thanks for all the woot woot lol. but lets not do that again:)
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/31/04 09:45 PM

Posted By: outkast Re: Morette style OPTION - 01/31/04 10:03 PM
Tail lights with Leds in them ? That would be sweet

Are you goin to be using these or something similar with projections? Just wondering whats up

I love that front bumper. I want one does anyone know if i can get that style on a 99. I'm very interest in these headlights. I have wanted them for a long time.
I have a 99 Contour SVT. I would want the fiberglass maybe the carbon fiber. I really want the fiberglass so I can paint them to match body color. Whatever the price is let me know. All I car about is getting the headlights and that they are of great quality. The only thing I can say about when I am interested in buying them is how soon are they being made and when do they need the money cause if you are waiting on me you need to wait no longer lol. gemme my headlights oh yeah i would love to have the projectors.
I beleive Mikey photochopped that bumper. He said something a while back about buying an M3 bumper to do the conversion, but after he bought it, nothing else was heard. And I'm also fairly sure he just photochopped aftermarket mondy or cossie lights in.
Yet another tribute to Mikey's choppin skills
I didn't even notice that it was photoshopped. Good work. Can anyone tell me if it is to late for this group buy on the headlights
Originally posted by SVT4Door:
I didn't even notice that it was photoshopped. Good work. Can anyone tell me if it is to late for this group buy on the headlights

It's not too late. Dean is still in the process of developing the headlights so there's no set list of buyers just yet. Best bet is to keep checking this thread for updates from Dean.
it'll never be too late:) once these are all set, they will be available for ceg'ers at a fixed price. i should have a pic of the housing, minus the lamps, by next weekend.
You have no idea what a big deal this is. I have wanted these things for so long. I almost cried when they said they wouldn't fit my car. lol. I want these yesterday.
dean it might be cheaper if you mad a lens(the front half) instead of a full light... you know... half of the assembly... that way all youd have to do to instal them is take off the old lens (heat gun) then put on the new ones and seal... does that make sense?... just half of it...

i know that would work for pre 98 ... havnt really seen a post 98's lights... but in theory... it would work...

that way it would be cheaper for you to make... and cheaper for us to buy
Originally posted by alibies:
dean it might be cheaper if you mad a lens(the front half) instead of a full light... you know... half of the assembly... that way all youd have to do to instal them is take off the old lens (heat gun) then put on the new ones and seal... does that make sense?... just half of it...

damn u gave away the surprise lol. thats actually what im trying to do so that OEM fitment is a gauranteed thing and price can be less.
*dances*

do i get a prize?!!! like.... first pre 98 ones for free!!!!!!!! or highly discounted price
Originally posted by alibies:

i know that would work for pre 98 ... havnt really seen a post 98's lights... but in theory... it would work...

that way it would be cheaper for you to make... and cheaper for us to buy

but harder to install...

who wants to open up my lights and reseal them for me
Actually, they're fairly easy to do. As opposed to the side markers.... I chipped mine trying to heat them open. Mark my words though, It will be done this year!
Dean,

You've got mail.
check your PM's Dean.....
i wouldnt get too on his case about PM's. I am sure he is flooded with questions.
I have a '98 Contour and I want HID headlights but please forgive my ignorance. I don't know enough about the different options to make an informed decision. I was originally thinking about putting in an HID kit using the existing headlight structure. Is this possible? I would like to keep the stock look as much as possible and also keep the corner lights intact.

David
davidgpo@msn.com
Originally posted by David S.:
I was originally thinking about putting in an HID kit using the existing headlight structure. Is this possible? davidgpo@msn.com

yes.
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Originally posted by David S.:
I was originally thinking about putting in an HID kit using the existing headlight structure. Is this possible? davidgpo@msn.com

yes.

but is it the best option? no.

projectors w/ hids will be your best lighting option.

personally i wouldn't mind an HID kit on stock lights tho.
If you only make the lenses, then...

a) won't it be possible that problems akin to the Milan Motorsports lights will arise, namely leaking and fogging?

b) it won't increase lighting performance any since it will (as I understand it) use the stock lights still?

If this is the case, why don't we just look into getting a Morette looking lexan piece to clip over the front... sort of like pseudo-Morettes, but much cheaper. Then they'll look like Morettes, and there is no cutting or sealing involved.

Point being... this isn't what I had expected, or hoped for. Please tell me I'm wrong!!
My friend has the "headlight covers" you speak of on his Jetta. Made the car look 10 times better, but I'm scared to drive with him at night...."are your lights on?", I would NOT get headlight covers.
We're gettin off the subject. I've seen projector style covers for Cavaliers, too, but that's not what Dean is talking about. Let him come up with his thoughts and pix and then we'll decide. DISAPPOINTMENT WILL NOT BE ONE OF THE CHOICES. I am very confident in Dean's abilities to keep all of us very happy and pleased with the results.

a) won't it be possible that problems akin to the Milan Motorsports lights will arise, namely leaking and fogging?

b) it won't increase lighting performance any since it will (as I understand it) use the stock lights still?

If this is the case, why don't we just look into getting a Morette looking lexan piece to clip over the front... sort of like pseudo-Morettes, but much cheaper. Then they'll look like Morettes, and there is no cutting or sealing involved.

Point being... this isn't what I had expected, or hoped for. Please tell me I'm wrong!!

As I understood it, he's fabbing something that will replace the front lens, and allow installation of the Hella-style round lights. These lights include their own reflectors, and would be much better than stock, whether HID or standard halogen.

I think the point of retaining the stock light housing is for ease of mounting in the car, not for use of the stock reflectors or bulbs.

As I understood it, he's fabbing something that will replace the front lens, and allow installation of the Hella-style round lights. These lights include their own reflectors, and would be much better than stock, whether HID or standard halogen.

I think the point of retaining the stock light housing is for ease of mounting in the car, not for use of the stock reflectors or bulbs.

OK good, that's what I was hoping for!!
I just hope in the end, we aren't paying $300+ for some 'pretty' OEM lights

I have a pretty good feeling that we won't be getting "pretty OEM lights" from Dean.

I have a pretty good feeling that we won't be getting "pretty OEM lights" from Dean.

you can say that again
Let him come up with his thoughts and pix and then we'll decide. DISAPPOINTMENT WILL NOT BE ONE OF THE CHOICES. I am very confident in Dean's abilities to keep all of us very happy and pleased with the results.

Well said.
IT,S ALL GOOOOOD
How about angel eyes in the headlight assembly?
How about angel eyes in the headlight assembly?

the thought crossed my mind. but as you probably have seen throughout this post, there is a wide array of ideas on what kind of lights should be used. here's the scoop...

PLEASE READ... (LONG)

we can make just about ANYTHING for ANY car out there. however, when it comes to doing custom things per individual, it gets very costly. For example, EACH of the taillights on my mystique took about a TOTAL of 20-25 man hours from refabbing the quarter panel to the final stage of buffing out the clear. I don't think many people in this world would want to dump the money equivalent to 40 hours of labor for a pair of lights. So, here's my goal...

Goal of these "Morette style" headlights. I am playing around with different ways of making a durable custom assembly. I know these units are going to be used on a lot of 98+ contours that are driven daily and in many different driving conditions. This is the pain in the a$$ part. I WILL NOT PUT THESE OUT FOR SALE UNTIL I AM CONFIDENT THAT THEY WILL HOLD UP AND LOOK GREAT FOR A LONG TIME. I don't want to be thought of as another "APC" type company.

I know it may seem like things are taking a while, and I must say yes, this is a little tricky, but the bulk of the time has been taken up by looking and staring and imagining. Kinda like what pauly tuttle does on orange county choppers lol. But anyway, once the first set is finished, RGSOUNDF will be driving around with them on one of his contours. He drives his car daily, and under many different weather conditions. From his feedback I will be able to determine if there needs to be any changes made before more are made. It's a lengthy process, but any of you who have done quality custom bodywork know it takes a while.

Deposits: Some of you have mentioned that you'd be willing to make a deposit, however, i do NOT want to take any deposits. I am using my own money because its easier to keep track of, and mainly because I don't want to feel pressured. I am a patient and thorough person who is taking on a number of projects, so I will keep this post updated probably once a week. My next post should include a picture of at least one prototype. I just ask for your patience and understanding.

In the meantime I'll be posting a few CEG sales and group buys to hopefully make the wait feel shorter:)
But anyway, once the first set is finished, RGSOUNDF will be driving around with them on one of his contours. He drives his car daily, and under many different weather conditions.

Zetec this is, Duratec has to wait...
Quote:

I don't want to feel pressured

but dean, arent you Under Pressure Automotive?
Just bustin ya.
Take as long as you need. You seem to really care about every ones satisfaction and that is a VERY good thing.
Cant wait to see the prototype
Quote:

I don't want to feel pressured

but dean, arent you Under Pressure Automotive?
Just bustin ya.
Take as long as you need. You seem to really care about every ones satisfaction and that is a VERY good thing.

LOL, little ironic huh. oops lol.

Ditto.
I can wait as long as it takes. As I said before Dean, I have wanted Morette style headlights for a long time. Just as long as the quality is great you will never hear me complain about how long it takes. Maybe a little excited about getting them but no complaining here. I can't wait for the pictures. Just don't make us wait too long or I'll go crazy. LOL
OKAY dean!My last idea for you.Make 95-97 clear turn
signal lense with leds to go with the headlights.
OKAY dean!My last idea for you.Make 95-97 clear turn
signal lense with leds to go with the headlights.

Sure. That can be his next project.
any updates
Originally posted by Manch-VegasSVT:
Ditto.

YOU STOLE MY NAME!!!!
don't mind me i just am crazed about these lights. i wanna morette style lights gemme gemme you guys are just teasing me. i'm dying here. lol
Does anybody want in on this who already has projectors? If so, I'd be glad to take those off your hands for a decent price. PM me if interested. I know this is kinda not supposed to go in the forums, but seeing as how I'm going to get the morettes if I can't get projectors, and I'm fueling a purchase in this group buy either way, thought I'd just give it a shot.
ok...this discussion is long as all hell, so i'm sorry if this is already asked but....any plans for tail lights? i'm interested in the headlights, but i think it would look better if there were tail lights to match...catch my drift? if so, could be get a discount on a complete set of lights(tail and head)? just an idea i had.
Thanks for the info on the shipping. I'll look forward to putting it in this weekend as son as I get some velcro.

I'll chime in on the sill plates by saying that either through a group buy, or not, I want them...

They look very well made and would look great on any of our cars.
Originally posted by FreeProjectPat:
Does anybody want in on this who already has projectors? If so, I'd be glad to take those off your hands for a decent price. PM me if interested. I know this is kinda not supposed to go in the forums, but seeing as how I'm going to get the morettes if I can't get projectors, and I'm fueling a purchase in this group buy either way, thought I'd just give it a shot.

Or Hightower headlights in black, either way...
i'm crying cause i have not heard any info about these headlights. i want them. hurry. lol no do a good job i'll wait but i may get a lil dizzy pacing and waiting of couse i just beat the hell out of myself
1.1998 SVT
2.Fiberglass, ABS Plastic or OOOOH Carbon Fiber....SIGH>>>
3.Without leveling bubbles, $275...With, $325...
4. As Soon as i could possibly afford them ...id even go in the hole for a set with projectors...
well just so u all know im still here, ummm, here i am. did someone speed up the TIME? geez its already march almost and its taking me a lot longer to get a prototype done than i expected. however, im sure 90% of you understand this due to my physical limitations, and if you dont know what i mean, go read about it on my website:)
anyhow, business has been keeping me very busy, and the fact that one of my girls cars got vandalized this past week has me running around helping her gets things together. remember the hot brazilian girl i posted pics of??? yea, her prelude got vandalized... $2,600 damage. stupid jerks better hope we dont find out who they are. so, as things progress, i'll post. those with patience will be pleased when things are done:)
thanks for your understanding.
dean.
by girls...I thought you meant daughter!
I guess that's all I think about because my wife is due in a couple weeks (we're having a girl)
hey dean... if you needed someone to donate a set of projectors for the project, let me know. I have a set of hella 90mm projectors that i could give to you.

hit me up me if you are interested.

markus
.... one of my girls cars got vandalized this past week....

Im confused too, you say one of... Do you have more than one girl or your girl has more than one car?
Dean's a pimp...didn't you know?

Actually I think by "my girls" he's referring to his carshow model girls...or maybe he really is a pimp.
he has a hand full of models for team underpressure i believe. Team UP is his car club.
-Mike
Dean's a pimp...didn't you know?

Don't keep secrets, Dean. Pix, pix, pix! LOL
Originally posted by pupet89440:
.... one of my girls cars got vandalized this past week....

Im confused too, you say one of... Do you have more than one girl or your girl has more than one car?

THE MODEL

JUST SOME OF THE DAMAGE. Her drivers door was keyed up bad, window, windshield, and headlight busted, and the hood is all wavy from the jerks stomping on it. they better hope we dont catch them cuz i swear i'll dump a $grand$ on a few bullies to put them jerks in intensive care!
DAM
Bastards, why they gotta go after the rides? Poor car.

I hope they don't try to fcuk with the stique.
that is why the mystique is NEVER left parked anywhere thats not under survelliance or where i cant see it.
that is why the mystique is NEVER left parked anywhere thats not under survelliance or where i cant see it.

and i wouldnt let that girl out of my survelliance either!

LMAO

damn right, she's not bad at all (hope my gf doesnt se this post)

I agree, she wouldn't be out of my survelliance either

Aaron
Upstate suxx
I have a 98+ contour svt.Carbon fiber suits me,$350 sounds good. I'm in.What do you need for a deposit?
why you got to get some bullies and pay them for? just do the dirty work yourself!
Yo, Brooklyn, read the posts carefully

yea man, and put yourself in his situation.
all i got to say is damn, damn she is hot and damn punks got to mess with a car. punks. louisville sluggers work good on those punks lol you break my car i break your bones
Werd!

yea man, and put yourself in his situation.

Go to Dean's site and educate yourself. Not blaming, just go and read or just go thru this thread.
1. 97 Contour SE
2. Whichever
3. Hopefully somewhere around 300 a set?
4. About 2 weeks (depending on when I get paid compared to when theyre ready).

Hows this going? I dont have the time to read all the posts and replies cause Im at work and gotta pretend to do work.

I was just curious if this was still open and if there may be a price set yet. Because I didnt get a chance to check out the entire thread Im hoping that the 95-97 Tours are in there somewhere.

I was thinking of trying something like this for my tour but I was planning on using fog lights and making them look kinda like phantom headlights. I think someone posted a pic of it that gave me the idea. Only problem is when I was messing with my headlights I split it down the middle
I figured "Hey Rick. You know [censored] about working with plastic. Stick to making model cars." and I followed my advice.
Yes!Lets get back to this group buy with some updates.
bu bu bu bu beat it up!!!
not sure if i missed anything - kinda briefly read through the last few pages - any updates?
Originally posted by GR8SVT:
not sure if i missed anything - kinda briefly read through the last few pages - any updates?

Nope, just waiting as usual.
Look for the end of the year!Deans too busy
i would take a set of carbon fiber or black... under 400 would be easy to work with...spring time is great
Yeah spring time would be great. It won't be that soon though. These things take a while.
yea this is taking a while. my finances this month are taking a bit of a hit also, so thats not helping. i really need to concentrate on moving product to get some more money to play with. they'll be released in 2004. dont worry im not giving up or running away, just need to clear up a few very important things and expand the biz. good things come to those with patience:)
Thanks for the update dean. Can't wait.
Keep it up!
good things come to those with patience:)

Thanks Dean, but I have never had patience.
take your time. i hope all works for you. dean--i read ur website...sorry bout that comment before...didn't know.
Bump
Any updates on this??
Yeah, I forgot about all this.
I didn't but my money is beginning to go elsewhere for the time being.
The only update so far is that things are frozen for now. Business slowed down at a crucial time in April and the bills piled up very quickly. It set us back a few months unfortunately, but I saw there was another possible custom headlight group buy going on, so I looked at that as some borrowed time. I still intend on pursuing this project, but I need to set it back a bit until I am financially comfortable. For now I'd say lets let this post slip to the back of the line and I'll dig it up or create a new one when things start looking up. Sorry for the wait.
Thanks for the update Dean.
Thanks for the update Dean.

Build ones out of your headlights and Focus Morettes.
Originally posted by LoCoZ:
Build ones out of your headlights and Focus Morettes.

Ya, soooo, when you gonna post a How-to?
© CEG Archives