Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 SAFC 2 GB - 11/13/03 07:29 PM
hey guys i have talked to Dean and he can get these for us. I really would like to get one for myself but figured why not try to start a GB on it FOr us at CEG>

As far as a group price, If we can get 10 orders, It will be about $308+tax and shipping if applicable. If we can get 20 orders... $298+tax and shipping if applicable. post the interest
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/14/03 02:32 AM
OK, i'll be the idiot...... What are we talking about here?
Posted By: MyCaiNsBroK3N Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/14/03 04:34 AM
Originally posted by SVTnKC:
OK, i'll be the idiot...... What are we talking about here?

better u than me...JK
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/14/03 04:52 AM
I'M IN, LOL. Yes everyone, I can get these at a fairly good price from a new distributor of mine. For those of you who aren't sure of what this is, CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT THE PRODUCT.

I know a few people here on CEG have them, and it would be nice to hear their opinions on the unit and the goods and bads they may have experienced with it in their contours. Please share your thoughts here as well as what you might have paid for the product and installation if you didn't install it yourself.

As far as a group buy price, the discount for 20 units sounds like a great deal, and my distributor would probably love me with a purchase like that lol. I would prefer to be paid via money order since paypal charges a 3% transaction fee. If you want to pay with paypal, please add 3% to the final price after shipping and tax (tax in ny only).

SO, Lets get a show of hands...
ARE THERE 20 SERIOUS BUYERS HERE? This GB can apply to friends of yours too! If this GB gets a lot of interest, I will go through all the details to the last penny. For now though figure on the prices posted above.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/14/03 05:08 AM
If ya'll really wanna get a big GB and these can be used on lots of other cars, you should post on a bunch of other forums.
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/14/03 05:24 AM
i dont want to sell them this cheap to everyone else in the world, lol. I'm just trying to take care of my fellow CEG'ers.
Posted By: R_G Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/14/03 05:48 AM
I am down
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/14/03 06:08 AM
Hey RG, I was waiting for ya to post here:)

Ok, so far the buyers are:
1. DeanJoyce.com (yes i'm gonna buy one from myself lol).
2. RGSOUNDF (i know you're a definate buyer)
3. nOsSvTcOnToUr (definate?)
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/14/03 02:54 PM
you can get new in the box safc-2s for $265 on ebay with warranty. Just a thought.
Posted By: 818Contour Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/14/03 09:05 PM
Originally posted by BStoneMega:
you can get new in the box safc-2s for $265 on ebay with warranty. Just a thought.

Is this true?
Posted By: R_G Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/14/03 10:47 PM
web page
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/14/03 11:56 PM
wow, i dunno how these ebay sellers do it. that company must be a distributor because theres no way a normal dealer like myself can let that product go that cheap. well, NOSSVT, i don't think this would be a good group buy, cuz i don't want to be more expensive than somewhere else.
Posted By: auiotour Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/14/03 11:57 PM
you are offering them at 280+ shipping which is 15, so thats 295, $10 cheaper. I would spend $10 more just to make you suffer by posting the same product in someone elses GB, post that somewhere else on CEG not in their GB. I hope everyone does the same As I would do. unfornently, i know nothing of this product, how to install or really what I would use it for quite yet on my car. But, I would still buy it from them since you posted a link to get it cheaper from you in their GB.

Good Luck guys!
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/15/03 12:21 AM
i don't think rgsound is selling any of those. And dean, I'm pretty sure these guys on ebay are buying in bulk from japan. I know when I got mine it had all the original packaging sp? but the manual was a photo copy. They might be saving some loot on just buying the unit with no instructions or something. Either way its a good deal.
Posted By: R_G Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/15/03 08:00 AM
Originally posted by auiotour:
you are offering them at 280+ shipping which is 15, so thats 295, $10 cheaper. I would spend $10 more just to make you suffer by posting the same product in someone elses GB, post that somewhere else on CEG not in their GB. I hope everyone does the same As I would do. unfornently, i know nothing of this product, how to install or really what I would use it for quite yet on my car. But, I would still buy it from them since you posted a link to get it cheaper from you in their GB.

Good Luck guys!

what da f**k u talking about?

What I posted was a reply to someone who alleged that it was possible to get the same stuff on E-bay for like $265, so I checked it and posted the link proving that there's NO such a price as $265, and most of the stuff goes for $280-290...

Now, even if there WERE a price of $265, I would rather get this shite from Dean, since I know him and I don't know the E-bay sellers.
Posted By: auiotour Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/16/03 04:34 AM
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:

Good Luck guys!

what da f**k u talking about?

What I posted was a reply to someone who alleged that it was possible to get the same stuff on E-bay for like $265, so I checked it and posted the link proving that there's NO such a price as $265, and most of the stuff goes for $280-290...

Now, even if there WERE a price of $265, I would rather get this shite from Dean, since I know him and I don't know the E-bay sellers.

sorry man, didnt see that it was a second post my bad. Next GB I have for anything, I will give you discount as my apology. min $5.00 discount.
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/16/03 09:14 PM
whoa sorry to get all that started fellas. But I did get mine for $265 from ebay. It might not be there anymore but it was. And I don't think its that great of a product anyways.
Posted By: baco99 Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/17/03 04:02 AM
what is the benefit to someone without any engine mods? can this act as a monitoring system for the car o keep track of things that can go wrong?

i don't know much about this, but they seem to be a popular mod...
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/17/03 04:06 AM
its used to fine-tune the a/f curve
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/17/03 10:22 AM
whoa sorry to get all that started fellas. But I did get mine for $265 from ebay. It might not be there anymore but it was. And I don't think its that great of a product anyways.

i actually saw one on ebay just recently for $265, but it had $20 shipping and a mandatory $5 insurance, making it $290. Is that what you paid?
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/17/03 03:18 PM
Originally posted by DeanJoyce.com:

i actually saw one on ebay just recently for $265, but it had $20 shipping and a mandatory $5 insurance, making it $290. Is that what you paid?

I would have to look up the reciept to be sure but that sounds about right.
Posted By: R_G Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/18/03 02:07 AM
sorry man, didnt see that it was a second post my bad. Next GB I have for anything, I will give you discount as my apology. min $5.00 discount.

buhahahahahahahahahaha
Posted By: R_G Re: SAFC 2 GB - 11/18/03 02:10 AM
The E-bay ones don't look all the same to me - majority of 'em does and it looks xactly like authentic ones, but some look slightly differently - which leads me to a suspicion of some fake products...

Otherwise it's just the case of the grey import which is always cheaper than the legal one...
© CEG Archives