Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Zetec CF - 11/08/03 06:10 PM
Gauging interest on the Zetec timing chain covers. My manufacturer has a cover in hand (thanks you know who!) and is very interested in offering this product to the four cylindered contour community.
Who all would be interested in this part in carbon fiber? Prices will be very budget oriented.

Am I interested in Zetec CF parts?
I'm diggin' that yo!
Git off the crack pipe, beeeyotch!!

Posted By: Obsidian Re: Zetec CF - 11/08/03 11:02 PM
Originally posted by chknhwk:
Gauging interest on the Zetec timing chain covers. My manufacturer has a cover in hand (thanks you know who!) and is very interested in offering this product to the four cylindered contour community.
Who all would be interested in this part in carbon fiber? Prices will be very budget oriented.

I think my timing chain musta busted a long time ago. i opted to replace it with the timing belt though. The rubber makes for faster revving because it's lighter. Hey, Ill replace a stupid belt every 60K or so for that zoom zoom performance baby yea....

Just to let you know, I'm just saying that we don't have timing chains. lol. But the way I said it was funny.... yea?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Zetec CF - 11/08/03 11:04 PM
So I don't have a Zetec anymore, sue me.
Posted By: anthonyconstant Re: Zetec CF - 11/08/03 11:17 PM
i am not sure what you mean.....? where at on the engine is it? it this the piece that covers the cam gears? if so i dont want it, i wanna show off my aftermarket cam gears i got in the group buy ..............but if its something else, i am down
Posted By: sigma Re: Zetec CF - 11/08/03 11:20 PM
Mildly interested. With some photos and prices I'd be able to make up my mind.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Zetec CF - 11/09/03 12:06 AM
carbon fiber valve covers would guage alot more interest I think...

not that i have money but just a suggestion.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Zetec CF - 11/09/03 12:10 AM
Originally posted by anthonyconstant:
where at on the engine is it? it this the piece that covers the cam gears?

Yes, that is the part.

I would like to do CF valve covers in the future, too.
Posted By: R_G Re: Zetec CF - 11/09/03 12:54 AM
valve covers all da way. The cam gears cover - well, I am planning to install Unorthodox stuff in the future, so I would be willing to whore it up
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Zetec CF - 11/09/03 04:53 AM
Depending on price, I might would be in for valve covers or something, but I wanna have easy access to my cam gears for tuning.
Posted By: anthonyconstant Re: Zetec CF - 11/09/03 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Depending on price, I might would be in for valve covers or something, but I wanna have easy access to my cam gears for tuning.

Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Zetec CF - 11/10/03 07:17 AM
Wouldn't these parts be interchangeable with other Zetecs? I mean, couldn't I hock a couple to a friend's ZX3 and another ZX2 I know? That'd help with marketing I reckon. Put this up on other boards to get a little more interest.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Zetec CF - 11/10/03 10:29 PM
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
Wouldn't these parts be interchangeable with other Zetecs? I mean, couldn't I hock a couple to a friend's ZX3 and another ZX2 I know? That'd help with marketing I reckon. Put this up on other boards to get a little more interest.

I believe they all are interchangeable.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Zetec CF - 11/13/03 06:48 AM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
carbon fiber valve covers would guage alot more interest I think...

not that i have money but just a suggestion.

That is a nice engine bay!

I would be interested in some CF parts....I have to start saving NOW!!!
Posted By: Obsidian Re: Zetec CF - 11/14/03 05:08 AM
thought that was your engine bay there loco.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Zetec CF - 11/14/03 06:34 AM
Originally posted by chknhwk:
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:

I believe they all are interchangeable.

That's what I'm thinking. Why not whore out some CF parts on Focal Jet or the ZX2 forums or NECO? Shouldn't be too hard to get enough interest with that wide of an audience.
Posted By: anthonyconstant Re: Zetec CF - 11/18/03 12:51 PM
or a carbon fiber cover for the fluid containors!!!
© CEG Archives