Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: sportracer Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/24/03 01:28 AM
I want to see if there is any interest in doing a group buy for a body kit with a evo3 front bumper, black widow style side skirts, and black widow style rear bumper. The price will be $675 per person and I need 10 people. I am willing to bring my car out there to used to make the kit. I also want to get a group buy for a wide body kit. I am not sure the price on that, but will post as soon as I find out. This kit should put your car head of the pack. I'll get back as soon as I a get a photoshop picture of the kit and wide body on.
Posted By: alexey Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/24/03 01:37 AM
correct me if im wrong but the mystique and contour front bumpers are not the same
Here we go again...
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/24/03 02:55 AM
these people need support...even though I don't have a 98+ I'm glad people are trying to have things done for these cars.
Posted By: sportracer Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/24/03 04:07 PM
Yes I know the contour bumpers and Mystique bumpers arent the same, but it wont take that much modification to get it to fit. I can get either one done since I have both front ends (Contour and Mystique). I just want to see if anyone is interested in doing this. I am also willing to here what other style people want to do.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/24/03 07:23 PM
personally I think you should come out with something for mystiques, since they have no other choices of front bumpers for their cars...I think mystique people would be all over it.
Posted By: sportracer Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/24/03 07:44 PM
We can do a body kit and/or wide body kit for a Mystique. If anyone is interested let me know. Like I said before I have both front ends and my car is orginally a Mystique. The cost of the body kit is 675 and I dont know the price of the wide body kit, Im still working on that. I need ten people before I can give them my car. Give me a definate yes and when I get ten people ill get all your money and well get this rolling. When it is all done theyll ship the kit and all you have to do is paying the shipping when it arrives.
Posted By: outkast Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/24/03 07:59 PM
zetecninja your correct!they need support and the guy for this job would be www.deanjoyce.com the best looking
mystique on the planet and he,s the only one I know
with a sweet bodykit!!!!!!
Posted By: Locster Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/25/03 12:05 AM
Dean has a SVT kit on his car. I've looked into the fron bumper for the Mystique with the svt fron bumper. The svt front bumper is about 700 and to get the two cut and molder is about a grand. This body kit your doing I would like to see some kind of photo first before committing.
Posted By: sportracer Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/25/03 02:32 AM
This is a picture of the front bumper I was thinking of doing, If it is something you like let me know or if you would like to see something else get me a pic and well work something out, I am not just doing this for myself, I want to see more kits made for this car and more people showing Mystiques can look just as good as any other car out there.
http://www.importinnovation.com/aerodynamicsdetail.aspx?ID=944
Here is a picture of the rear bumper.
http://www.importinnovation.com/aerodynamicsdetail.aspx?ID=933
and Here is a picture of the side skirts.
http://www.importinnovation.com/aerodynamicsdetail.aspx?ID=927
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/25/03 03:48 AM
I'm interested in the wide body kit. How would you go about making it? Will it be a full body kit, full fender replacements, or mold-on pieces? I always wondered what a WB kit would look like on an SVT, plus I could get wider tires!
Ack!! I am interested in body kits for Mystiques, but I HATE the dinner plate fog lights!! I'm not driving a rally car Thank goodness for a pic, otherwise I might have expressed some interest. More power to y'all if you like it, but this chick ain't down with that style... As far as offerring other suggestions, I'm not really big on those types of concepts, I see then I decide, so I cannot offer any other ideas for what I would like to see.
Posted By: sportracer Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/25/03 02:24 PM
The wide body kit would be a mold on kit. As for the front bumper I have many other ideas we could go with Ill get more pictures and put them on here for you all to see.
Posted By: sportracer Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/26/03 01:07 AM
Here are some of the other bumpers I am interested in doing.
http://bodykits.org/cgi-bin/detail.pl?ID=BKO-0003
http://bodykits.org/cgi-bin/detail.pl?ID=BKO-0059
http://bodykits.org/cgi-bin/detail.pl?ID=BKO-0048
http://bodykits.org/cgi-bin/detail.pl?ID=BKO-0128
Let me know what you guys think of these bumpers.
Posted By: DevKustoms Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/26/03 03:17 AM
i like the idea of the black widow side skirts...they would look really tight on my svt...only thing is i dont have the money for em or i would definitely get them made

OMFG I WANT THE INVADER SIDE SKIRTS ON MY CAR.....

Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
personally I think you should come out with something for mystiques, since they have no other choices of front bumpers for their cars...I think mystique people would be all over it.

Thank you! Amen!! Too bad college is costing a ton and i'm not getting many hours in with m job so i probably wouldnt be able to participate in this group buy
Posted By: KarlosSVT Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/26/03 10:08 PM
Originally posted by sportracer:
Here are some of the other bumpers I am interested in doing.
http://bodykits.org/cgi-bin/detail.pl?ID=BKO-0003
http://bodykits.org/cgi-bin/detail.pl?ID=BKO-0059
http://bodykits.org/cgi-bin/detail.pl?ID=BKO-0048
http://bodykits.org/cgi-bin/detail.pl?ID=BKO-0128
Let me know what you guys think of these bumpers.

I Like the BKO-0048 front air dam. I also like the first rear bumper and side skirts.
what about a european style body kit like the PSG mondeo kit from Prosport.uk.com I think that looks really nice, plus it flows with the tour lines, since it is one.
just an idea.
Johnny
Posted By: m!key Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/28/03 12:54 AM
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/28/03 01:12 AM
That's a sweet photoshop Mikey. Sorry about the cookies....
Posted By: sportracer Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/28/03 02:01 AM
I like that kit, plus the psg one, Ill ask them if they can do the psg bumper, but the problem they might have is they might not copy it by looking at it. I think we should do the photoshop one, what does everyone think.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/28/03 03:58 AM
Posted By: jmgilman Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/28/03 04:33 AM
^^ that's a REALLY nice lookin kit up there...comin from someone who is pretty tough on judging..
Posted By: alexey Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/28/03 05:20 AM
sweet chops but thats too agressive for the tour i think
Posted By: sportracer Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 10/28/03 02:50 PM
Well I think we're down to two front bumpers, The octane (one chopped by Zetecninja) or the blitz (one chopped by Mikey Boy). I would like to see the octane done, but both are good. Decide which one we want to do so I can let the company know and lets get this thing done.
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Body Kit for post 98 LOOKY - 10/28/03 03:40 PM
Umm...I realize that I'm not getting in one of these GB's...but if I could offer a suggestion...

The contour has been more of a touring, luxury, sport sedan rather than a boy racer kind of car. So, wouldn't it make sense to use a kit design that was made for such a car?

These and many more can be found @ www.Sarona.com One of the few sites I've seen for sedans(higher end)...

I think w/ the shape of the front end, the Jag kit would look sweet w/ the contours lines...
Posted By: h_town_contour Re: Body Kit for post 98 LOOKY - 10/28/03 05:24 PM
the front bumper on that Infinity looks good
Has the decision been made on which kit that's being made??
I REALLY DON,T UNDERSTAND YOU GUYS...SOME OF YOUR IDEAS
LOOK LIKE THE GROUP BUY I,AM IN WITH 1SWEETRIDE..SOME
SAY THEY HATE THE KIT BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THE SAME KIT!OR
NOT MUCH DIFFERENT!THE PRE KITS ARE ALMOST FINISH AND
I,AM SURE THEY CAN MAKE A MYSTIQUE BUMPER COVER TOO..
LET HELP EACH OTHER ON THIS...ITS SOOO DIFFICULT TO
GET THINGS DONE IF WERE NEVER TOGETHER ON ANYTHING
learn to type without caps next time i've been on this forum a long time and the octane kit has been brought up over and over and over.....i'm just tired of seeing it. i personally like the EVO 3 fron look to it. yes i know these "dinner plate" fogs arent the thing to yall. but i personally like it wiht the black widow sides and the evo 4 rear. i've photochopped many and it looks good.(well to me) but i jsut want to see a kit made!! if i thought bout it long and hard i would be willing to pay some money to put the EVO look to my car. but high milage concerns me.
the Octane body kit, is just the Nemesis Body Kit without the top top grill pieces filled...personally my favorite bumper, though it wouldn't make sense to have two almost identical body kits into production.

Also those "luxury" car kits are not my style at all...even though I'm not gettin in this group buy, I just thought I'd chop somethin for fun.

Anyway, i'll keep my comments quiet now, hope this works out...I can do other chops if needed.

That would look good on a tour. It's smoother than the others and looks like it would follow the lines of the Contour. We need a chop of this one.
looks more like the showoff kit to me. looks good though
I've seen that kit on a mitsu galant, it looked nice, but the people who designed the kit did a really poor job at having any of the parts match or even fit the car. Just make sure that whichever kit you guys get you go through a company that stands behind their work, and has a direct fit warranty.
johnny
I simply want the sides for my 99 Mystique. Invader is the one I like..
Posted By: sportracer Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 11/02/03 08:37 PM
Here is what I have decided to do. I am going with the Octane front bumper, Black Widow side skirts, and Black Widow rear bumper. Yes I know this is what you call a show-off kit, but that is the image I am going for, there are only a few contours and mystiques out there that are good enough to be put in car shows and I would like to see more. The contour and mystique are not very fast cars so it would not be worth making a fast and ferious type kit. So I would like to get this group buy in motion, so give me a yes or now as to wether you want in or not. As soon as I get 10 people I will collect the money and bring my car to their shop and get the kit made.
Hey, I wouls be interested in buying the side skirts from the same style that you are getting.. Please provide business name and cost..
Posted By: sportracer Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 11/08/03 04:02 AM
I'm guessing that no one is interested in this group buy, but if I'm wrong please let me know so I dont tell the company there isnt enough interest to go ahead with this.
Posted By: spacecadet Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 11/09/03 05:21 AM
yes evo, black widow, have $$$ interested nuff said if its nt to late buzz me
Posted By: sportracer Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 11/10/03 12:45 AM
If your interested and have the money in the evo3 and black widow sides and rear, Ill go with that kit too. Now all we have to do is get nine other people, is this for a contour or the mystique ( I can do either one).
how much for the kit?....and does that come with fogs or do we purchase our own?
Posted By: sportracer Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 11/10/03 05:10 PM
The kit would be $675 + shipping, which I think is an awsome deal. As for the fog lights you have to purchuse them yourself. I hope we can get this done. This would be an awsome kit for our cars and we would be the talk of the town so to speak.
well right now i'm lending a helping hand.....once i talk it over...i will let you know about gettin one ok? 675+ shipping...how much would shipping be?
Posted By: sportracer Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 11/10/03 06:45 PM
Ill email the company tonight and ill let you know where do you live, area code.
Montgomery Al (the gump) area code (334) or zip code (36013)? that and....coudl you make the evo 4 rear instead? i dont like how that other rear looks like
Posted By: Aspire Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 03/30/05 01:35 AM
I second the Euro style bodykits, the more japanese style is already available and is not very popular at all. Could not see the additional pictures that the links led to
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 03/30/05 02:02 AM

Posted By: Frosty Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 03/30/05 02:49 AM
Way to resurrect an old thread!!! Bwahahahahaha!!!
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 03/30/05 04:44 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

LMAO! God that is a classic post!
Posted By: Aspire Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 03/31/05 04:57 AM
OOPS I hope its not to big a deal
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 03/31/05 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Aspire:
OOPS I hope its not to big a deal

Dont worry about it, common mistake! At least you were using the search function(I think)!
Posted By: Aspire Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 03/31/05 08:03 AM
Actually I was not using the search function...

I was in the Group Buy thread and saw this old thread, o yes it is true! I was looking for updates on the Aussie Bar and CF Trunk and the thread was right there next to one of those two. I don't know how it got there but I did not even check dates etc.

Strange but true.
Posted By: evocontour Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 04/04/05 06:42 AM
What about a evo5 style kit like the ones from JT AUTOSTYLE? If not, is there any way to get the kit made in urethane? Fiber glass breaks too easily. Just worried about breaking the bumpers and not being able to get new ones.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 04/04/05 03:50 PM
Originally posted by evocontour:
What about a evo5 style kit like the ones from JT AUTOSTYLE? If not, is there any way to get the kit made in urethane? Fiber glass breaks too easily. Just worried about breaking the bumpers and not being able to get new ones.

STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD!!

Check the dates. This thread died a long time ago. No body kit is being made from this.
Soooooooo i guess this body kit isn't happening eh. oh well.
wow....I just read through all 6 pages...and had no idea it was such an old post...

damn...what a waste of time...
Posted By: Con-Man Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 07/03/05 08:23 AM
Can Pre 98's get some love. I need sides and a front bad
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 07/03/05 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Con-Man:

Check the dates. This thread died a long time ago. No body kit is being made from this.

Posted By: Static Re: Body Kit for post 98 contour/Mystique - 07/16/05 09:29 AM
Originally posted by poleNEEDS A TRANS120:
Originally posted by Con-Man:

BAWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA this thread is crackin me up... I wish more humor like this happened more often
hehehehe
© CEG Archives