Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: the_spy_guy Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/02/03 11:50 PM
Trying to set up a group buy for these aftermarket seat heaters...www.seatcomfort.com...this is somthing i started on the taurus car club and am sharing with you guys.

I can get these units for $85 if we get at least 10 orders. They are normally $105...Real good savings!!! All you have to do is PM me if you are intrested, and when we have enough people you call and place your order with a special discount code i will provide you with and they will be directly shiped to you.....straight from the manufacturer!

Ford seats are easy to pull apart. The kit will work with cloth or leather seats. The kit includes EVERYTHING you need and ill be glad to do a write up as soon as i get mine on how toy install em (mad easy). Basically, you pull the cover off the seat and place the heater element where you want, secure it with clips or wire ties, and put the seat back together. You can get power from the power seat connector under the seat. All you got to do is drill a hole for the dual setting swich (high/low).

The price above is for one seat...this means you are supplied with two (2) heater elements for your butt and back. each are 11*22". They are dual temperature and thermostat controlled. These will work for almost any car. they can be cut and holes can be punched in em as well.

If you have any questions, lemme know, and as soon as i have 10 orders (that means 10 heaters, not 10 seperate people, you can order and have the units within a week!!!

I need at least 6 more people, so lemme know!!

Brad
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/03/03 03:03 AM
To Canada too?
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/03/03 11:08 PM
damn, i've been wanting to do this but cant afford the 2 seats now.
Posted By: the_spy_guy Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/04/03 12:17 AM
if you are seriously intrested, ill as for ya...how many duid you want?

Brad
Posted By: baco99 Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/04/03 01:46 AM
any prices on the full ventilation system? any install samples? How-to's?
Posted By: Eric L_dup1 Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/06/03 04:19 AM
How does it count if we want to buy more than 1? Now that I have a G-friend, I think she might get mad if I only put 1 and it doesn't go in her seat

What payment methods do they accept, and how much will shipping be?

Consider me interested!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/06/03 04:22 AM
I need a website with ALOT more information. My car has the leather interior but is an SE and it has lumbar support, so I may not be able to heat my back? Give a detailed website and I'll read up on it!
Posted By: DimitriPopov Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/06/03 04:28 AM
So how do I know my seat wont catch on fire or get metled or the like? I mean I trust that the company isnt that stupid but Im just curious , I have no idea what the seats are stuffed with :P
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/06/03 04:34 AM
That company is a few hours from me. I might have to go up there this week and check them out.

It's got my interest. So do alot of other things.
I'll let ya'll know if I make it up there.

Mike
Posted By: woz_dup1 Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/06/03 05:42 AM
the_spy_guy:

Thanks - I may be down for 2 (both front seats) but how does the wireing go for the 2nd seat?

Very interested!

Thanks
Posted By: MyCaiNsBroK3N Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/06/03 03:03 PM
what do the install instructions look like...is it really time consuming to install?
Posted By: the_spy_guy Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/06/03 08:47 PM
if you buy 2 thats 2 out of 10 needed. they have a thermostat so if they get to warm, it will shut itself off. you can still do it with the lumbar...my car has it and i am still installing the back pad no prob.

the guy i talked to at seat comfort said that the new site they put up flaked out on him, so they are re-desigining it. hei is gonna try to put the old one back up within the next day. ill post when it is back up.

as for hooking up 2, they can both be connected to the same source. each seat will have its own dual temperature swich. just like in any factory application.

till then-

Brad
Posted By: jmgilman Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/08/03 03:55 AM
i MIGHT be interested..if i can get the cash together..
Posted By: mr_froge_dup1 Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/09/03 04:36 AM
Hmmm, If I can't sell the car I might get two for my wife for Christmas.... she really likes the heated seat in her MB..
Posted By: jmgilman Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/13/03 04:18 AM
anyone still interested in these? i think they'd be nice esp. for SVT's, really make ur car nice..
i know i'm interested, but you can't have a GROUP buy w/ only 1 person
Posted By: bxd20_dup1 Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/14/03 09:01 PM
I'm VERY interested but if you get power from the power seat motor, that is not a switched source. So if you were to leave the heater on and park the car, when you come back to it you'd have a dead battery.
I believe to do this professionally you need to find a switched 12v source at the fuse box, which means some semi-long wire runs. Are there any fuses inline with the wiring that's included? Even if there are you still need to get to under the dash for a switched power source.

Are the switches illuminated? I'd like the switch to glow for easy use at night.

Brian Dors
99 SVT
Posted By: jmgilman Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/15/03 12:12 AM
Originally posted by mycainsbroken:
what do the install instructions look like...is it really time consuming to install?

im wondering about this too-- i'm really mechanically challenged
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/16/03 01:23 AM
Sorry guys, didn't make it up there. Way too busy with work, upcoming deployment and other issues to get away from here.

Mike
Posted By: the_spy_guy Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/19/03 12:44 AM
no they are not lighted...yest they Should come with enough wire to make it to the ignition harness, no i doubt they are fused...and yes i would pull it from a swiched source.

Still trying to get this company to get their site up

Brad
Posted By: the_spy_guy Re: Aftermarket Seat heaters - 10/20/03 06:53 PM
ok guys...the page is back up. www.seatcomfort.com if you definatly want one im gonna try to get the group buy finished within one week from today if i can get enough buyers. so pm me with your name, email and how many you want so i can make a list.

Thnaks Brad
© CEG Archives