Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Hey guys,

I saw a post on the Venom Nitros systems and it completely stole my interst. So I've decided to offer these products through RamMotorsports. However, since this Group Buy will be my first purchase with the company I'd like it to be a large one so here is the break down. I'll need at least 5 orders. Prices are as follows:

Contuor 2.5L

VCN-2000: $1000 (Reg: $1400)
VCN-1000: $550 (Reg: $700)
Venom 400 Module: $280 (Reg $350)

These prices are for this Group Buy only!!!!! If you have other vehicles that you would like Venom for, I can give you a similar price for them as well. Acutally anything offered on the Venom Web Site:http://www.venom-performance.com/ can be had a a similar price as well. But this will be the only time prices will be this low.

Lets get this rollin

RamMotorposrts
Out of curiousity and the 1000 be upgraded to a 2000 later on?
For the cost it would take to upgrade it yes,

Bottle and lines are the same, you would need the computer not sure the cost, new solenoid $180.00 and LCD 150.00. If you really want the 2000 which is what I would do just drop the $ now on it.
does the 1000 work with return style fuel systems?
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:

I'll have to get back to you with that. Maybe I could get one of the Nitrous Gods over here to help us out
I have returnless.. but I think for about 100% sure it will work with either. It just taps into your injector harness and pulses the injectors for maximum fuel delivery.
Hey SVTCuervo, It looks interesting!! I have to think about it though...I'll keep an ey on this GB and will let you know if I decide to go for it!!!
Originally posted by livinsvt:

does anybody know the anser to this because it is quite a lot more money that i have no way of having at this time but i would love a venom kit!
1-800-954-2865 they can tell you for sure.
Originally posted by 2point5:

does anybody know the anser to this because it is quite a lot more money that i have no way of having at this time but i would love a venom kit!

Venoms closed on the weekends, but Monday I'll be in touch with them and find out all the answers to these questions. Thanks
How long do you plan on running this GB?
As soon as I reach the amount, then I'll post a deadline.
count me in on VCN-1000
thats 4 more needed right?
I have a couple 93%'s . But once they tell me that they azre in for sure we should be nearly there.

List:

(1.)green SVT: VCN-1000

Ok guys its Monday. Venom is open and I'll be able to get some answers that you all have been asking. I'll keep ya'll posted. Thanks
Didn't someone say recently they were going to be making a purge kit in the not so distant future?
Remember folks the Venom uses your stock fuel pressure and just changes injector pulse width.

You can not exceed the maximum HP for your injectors. If you do it's instant lean condition!!!

If you have 17lbers you can run but just a very small shot at the most! (160-170FWHP MAX!)

SVT's with 19lbers can run maybe a 50shot. (Safely 230-240FWHP)

All 17lber injector owners should include the price of 19lb injectors and a custom chip into the price equation.

Either Venom nitrous setup is very well designed. The 2000 is of course light years beyond the 1000. If you are going to spring for nitrous I'd get a 2000 as it is 100% fully controllable (3 modes too) via a laptop!!!

The Venom "chip" is plain garbage!
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
SVT's with 19lbers can run maybe a 50shot. (Safely 230-240FWHP)
Either Venom nitrous setup is very well designed. The 2000 is of course light years beyond the 1000. If you are going to spring for nitrous I'd get a 2000 as it is 100% fully controllable (3 modes too) via a laptop!!

Couple questions Demon, i have a 98 svt with 100,000 miles on it and a few mods: custom exhaust,Bat y-pipe with hi-flow cat,replaced resonator with glasspack,2 dynomax turbo mufflers and intake. (I'm getting the kkm intakle soon.)
1.Should i upgrade injectors,if so wut size?
2.Stock plugs wires,upgrade or not,i need copper plugs.
3.Wut else should i do if anything? Chip,internals or anything else?

I would appreciate your help...

SHAGGZ
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:

Yes it does

Yes it can be. I've just talked to the guys at Venom and I actually had them a little stumped for a while, but he gave me a price for individual parts and also they are working at getting the price down a bit. But for now we are looking at something between $500 and $600. Also the upgerade wouldn't come with directions for changing from 1000 to 2000 so you'll spend alot of time on the phone with Venom. Any other questions I'll be happy to answer as Venom sent me a truck full of documentation today. Thanks

RamMotorsports
Quote:

Couple questions Demon, i have a 98 svt with 100,000 miles on it and a few mods: custom exhaust,Bat y-pipe with hi-flow cat,replaced resonator with glasspack,2 dynomax turbo mufflers and intake. (I'm getting the kkm intakle soon.)
1.Should i upgrade injectors,if so wut size?
2.Stock plugs wires,upgrade or not,i need copper plugs.
3.Wut else should i do if anything? Chip,internals or anything else?

I would appreciate your help...

Not demon but..

1. Not if your running a 75hp shot or less with your 19lb/hrs 225FWHP is about all you want to hit on.

2. Stock Wires if they are still good, otherwise magnecor's from what I hear either replace the stock wires or don't waste your money on anything else but 'magnecor's'

3. Look at doing new gaskets and seals as the n2o is going to have a good wearing on these parts. If you want to do internals forged pistons with a higher CR. Chip: I recommend a well tuned chip would be great for retarding the timing a bit. If you plan on running higher than 75hp shot really the 24lb/hr injectors would be a bit much IMHO, but would be needed if running higher or in conjunction with headers/exhaust and such and a 75hp shot.
I just wanna run a 50 shot in it i dont wanna go hogwild and blow my engine. So you recommend magnacors, i heard they were really good. Wut about the nology hotwires, anyone run them in there SVT, i know they run good in the duratec cougar. I know i need a chip, i would have to get it reprogrammed every time i put a mod on my car right that is a waste of money i think.
Whats the price after the group buy? Like mentioned before are they making a purge kit, and when will they be releasing a remote bottle opener? Keep us updated on price, I'm not in for sure yet, just thinkng.
Well if your just going to run a 50 shot using a venom kit it will pulse the injectors for the fuel needed so a chip isn't needed really for your application.

I have heard nothing good of the nology wires, I myself have a set of Jacobs wires I haven't bothered with installing. So word of mouth says all other wires are trash pretty much tried and true. Personal experience with NoLogy is none.

Really just colder plugs with a close gap and new stock wires is what I would do (if those are 100k wires). I would also prepare to have new seals in that 100k engine after some use just because it wears stuff out quicker using the n2o just as any other FI poweradder does.

FYI,

I have run up to a 100HP gain in Linear mode on a VCN2000 with ZERO issues. Not something I did often, but you should feel comfortable with a 75 shot all day long.........

Mark
Mark, do you have a chip or larger injectors or anything? Or are you all stock otherwise?
Originally posted by RyeLou:
Mark, do you have a chip or larger injectors or anything? Or are you all stock otherwise?

Yeah I wanna know the same thing
Originally posted by Trapps:
FYI,

I have run up to a 100HP gain in Linear mode on a VCN2000 with ZERO issues. Not something I did often, but you should feel comfortable with a 75 shot all day long.........

Mark

Ever dyno that???
I heard that your safe running a 75 shot but all you need is a flip chip to adjust timing (500$) and thats it...cant anyone agree?
Hey guys I just got off teh phone with the guy who makes these kits and he said that He's installed many kits on Contours and has had no problem with the injectors. He said it is one of the vehicles that has had nearly flawless results with the kit.

Also I have pricing for dual bottle kits. If you would like to have two bottles then it will be:

Bottle: $170
Pluming:$125
---------------
Total $295 for an additional bottle with the purchase of a kit.

Also if anyone is seriously considering buying the 100 and later upgrading to a 2000 please PM me and I can give you all the info on the along with some accurate pricing. THanks
Did you say two bottles?

No internal mods for the 100 in linear mode. Sorry Demon, no dyno. Again, I only did it a few times. I usually ran a 75 shot. Responsible nitrous use is great. MOderation is key unless you have an unlimited budget.

Mark
Originally posted by Trapps:
Did you say two bottles?
[image]http://www.activeperf.com/members/photo.php?photo=Trapps05.jpg[/image]

That's real nice! By the way Trapps, do you have the Venom 1000 or 2000?
oops
Ok so you all say a 50 shot really wont hurt the motor, i/m planning on not using it much, only if i need to. Its only if i realy need it like if im losing, which that isnt vry much. My plugs wires only have about 3500 miles on them should i still get knoew.
if you just want a 50 shot, get the VCN1000 then. If you're only going for the 'shot' style, then there's no point in paying more.
Well guys this is what I've been told by the guys at Venom(I"ve been talkin with them alot). The VCN-2000 is Miles ahead of anything out there. Deffinately way above the 1000. Its completely computer operated and you set EVERYTHING. Its also the safest kit available. I"m personally putting the VCN-2000 kit with 2 bottles in the Trunk of my SVT . The 3 different modes that it offers can pretty much suit anybodys wants. Also Venom told me that they've installed this on several Contours and have had no internal upgrades. Like Trapps running a 100 linear shot .

On the other hand the VCN-1000 is what they say: an entry level kit. It doesn't offer the settings like the 2000 does, however its still a very safe and well built system. Venom has informed me that there have only been a couple of people who have actually upgraded from the 1000 to the 2000 and it involved alot of phone with Venom.

If ya'll have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks
100hp shot with no problems? wow, I wouldn't do it but wow
Interesting very interesting, i hope its that safe. I still can't get past the idea imight f*ck something up in my motor by using nitrous, that is the only thing that has stopped me from buying it all along.
Originally posted by shaggz:
Interesting very interesting, i hope its that safe. I still can't get past the idea imight f*ck something up in my motor by using nitrous, that is the only thing that has stopped me from buying it all along.

It will all boil down to you. how you use it, how much of it you use, how often you use it...................... You have to be responsible with Nitrous. "If you are good to it, it will be good to you"
when i was looking around on the venomperfoemance site it didn't say that they make the VCN-2000 for a 1998 CSVT (which is what i have), only says 99-00 contour. is this a just a lack detail or is it really only made for these years.
something needs to bge done for the return style systems...which is why i ask because even though i have a 99 it's an early model with a return style fuel system.
ok so the questions are:

1)what about returnless fuel systems(99-00)
2)with the 1000 is their a need for window switches, fuel pressure safety switch, or is that all programmed into the 1000. And I'm the only down for the buy so it looks like its going nowhere.
It looks like I'm down for a VCN-2000 pending a few questions to Python.
What about for the Zetec?
I have a 2000 ATX (returnless fuel system) and only want a 50 shot.
Was thinking about the VCN-1000
Will a 50 shot be safe (in terms of injector size)?
Will the ATX cause any problems (other than just plain sucking! )?
Originally posted by green SVT:
ok so the questions are:

Why is that a concern? The returnless years are the ones Venom has listed on their website, so if anything it will only work for those years. I don't get what you're worried about.
I'm going to be giving Venom a call in about an hour or two and I'll see what they say about these questions. Also Hector I'll make sure everything works out before I tell you its a go for the ATX Zetec. Thanks

Oh and green, we have plenty in the Group Buy. This is gonna happen, We are just working out the details. I'll have ya'll some answers later this after noon. Thanks
Cuervo, what about a purge kit and remote bottle opener? Would you mind asking Venom about those when you call?
exactly...i'm interested in buying but not until i know it will work with my car, which has a return system.

Originally posted by RyeLou:
Originally posted by green SVT:
ok so the questions are:

Why is that a concern? The returnless years are the ones Venom has listed on their website, so if anything it will only work for those years. I don't get what you're worried about.

I'm trying to get the guy on the phone, but he's been with a customer for a long time now. I"m tryin
GreatOne, I'm almost positive they work on our cars. You just have to install it slightly different but I know the fact it says 99-00 on their website has been brought up 9876230487023745 times before. Cuervo is on the ball though...he'll take care of us!
Well the thing is I asked them once about the Return and Returnless and he said it would deffinately work, but we didn't speak alot about it. But I wanna understand everything so I'll be getting the info and letting ya'll know. Thanks
IIRC, VCN2000 will work with either return or returnless.

Cuervo, to whom are you speaking at Python?

Mark
I thought the same Trapps..

Remote Bottle Opener and Heater are in the works from Venom but aftermarket units will work with the kit so Venom tells me.
I've talked with them all, but I'm gettin all my good information from Jose. He's the brains over there. I'll let ya'll know when I talk to him. I need to make a new list. I'll go through the thread and do that later. Thanks
List:

(2.)ghodge : VCN-2000
(3.)RyeLou : VCN-2000 Dual Bottle?
There are more, but these are the ones who have given me the deffinate.
Originally posted by LoCoZ:
What about for the Zetec?
I have a 2000 ATX (returnless fuel system) and only want a 50 shot.
Was thinking about the VCN-1000
Will a 50 shot be safe (in terms of injector size)?
Will the ATX cause any problems (other than just plain sucking! )?

i would recommend the vcn-2000 so you can run a linear shot, its alot easier on the tranny. and thats how i will be using nitrous on the 3L
Both VCN-1000 and VCN-2000 with work with either a Return or Returnless fuels system.

NO need for a window switch or fuel pressure safety swith.

Also Hector you will have no problems with your ATX Zetec.

Also they are in the process of making a remote bottle opener but that will go down later, along with the purge kit and bottle heater. HOwever he said that heater and purge kits for other system would work fine. Let me know if ya'll need anything else. THanks
come on only 2 more...TTT
Venom Nitrous:

VCN-2000= $1000
VCN-1000= $550

2 more orders. Thanks
I still can't get past the idea imight f*ck something up in my motor by using nitrous, that is the only thing that has stopped me from buying it all along.

That's why you buy the 2000 system. Nitrous makes engines go *boom* when they good too lean. The Venom VCN-2000 kit has built in safety features to make sure you don't run too lean. If you go lean, it turns off the juice.

AFAIK - good preparation upgrades are: copper (colder?) plugs, good plug wires, new 02 sensors (since the VCN-2000 is getting it's Rich/Lean info from the 02s) and good fuel every time you fill up.
TTT
Nitrous doesn't make engines go boom...stupid people make engine's go boom. FWIW the 1000 also has a lean shut off. The 2000's main feature is the linear shot.

Originally posted by Derk2000:
I still can't get past the idea imight f*ck something up in my motor by using nitrous, that is the only thing that has stopped me from buying it all along.

That's why you buy the 2000 system. Nitrous makes engines go *boom* when they good too lean. The Venom VCN-2000 kit has built in safety features to make sure you don't run too lean. If you go lean, it turns off the juice.

AFAIK - good preparation upgrades are: copper (colder?) plugs, good plug wires, new 02 sensors (since the VCN-2000 is getting it's Rich/Lean info from the 02s) and good fuel every time you fill up.

Hey guys I'm thinking of holding the Group Buy out untill the end October because some guys need to gather the money to pay. If anyone needs anything answered or have a time frame question please ask. Thanks
Hey guys I should have 5 or over now. I"m going to hold out till the end of the month though so some can gather the cash. Please if you won't in on this post and I'll updatet the list. Thanks
List:

(4.) Guy on Neco
(5.) Guy on Neco
ok whats price shipped(1000), because I'm going to have to hustle to get this money, october isnt much time since I get payed bi-weekly
Shipping should be no more than $20. Thanks
List:

(4.) Guy on Neco
(5.) Guy on Neco
(6.) Polishracer ( guy one TeamZX2)

vcn-2000 = $1000
vcn-1000 = $550

These prices will be good untill October 31st. Thanks
List:

(4.) Guy on Neco
(5.) Guy on Neco
(6.) Polishracer: VCN-2000 (guy from TeamZX2)
(7.) cash: VCN-1000 (guy from TeamZX2)

VCN-2000 = $1000
VCN-1000 = $550

Group Buy will end on October 31st. We are simply holding out so people on the list can gather money. THanks
I'll see towards the deadline but as of now Idon't think i'll have the money together by then. Long story.
List:

(3.) Guy on Neco
(4.) Guy on Neco
(5.) Polishracer: VCN-2000 (guy from TeamZX2)
(6.) cash: VCN-1000 (guy from TeamZX2)

We lost ReyLou.

VCN-2000 = $1000
VCN-1000 = $550

Group Buy will end on October 31st. We are simply holding out so people on the list can gather money. THanks
List:

(1.)green SVT: VCN-1000 (contour.org)
(2.)ghodge : VCN-2000 (contour.org)
(3.)Brandon (Guy on Neco)
(4.)Guy on Neco
(5.)Polishracer: VCN-2000 (guy from TeamZX2)
(6.)cash: VCN-1000 (guy from TeamZX2)
(7.)Car.. : VCN-1000 (guy from Team ZX2)

VCN-2000 - $1000
VCN-1000 - $550

Group Buy ends October 31st. Thanks
List:

(3.)Brandon: (Guy on Neco)
(4.)Skywalker: (guy on Neco)
(8.)St8LyRaVn: (Guy on Neco)

VCN-2000 - $1000
VCN-1000 - $550

(8.)St8LyRaVn: (Guy on Neco)
(9.)tymeks: VCN-2000

VCN-2000 - $1000
VCN-1000 - $550

Also, by the end of October I"ll have my credit card Machine in so I"ll be able to accept your credit cards for this and future group buys. Thanks
(7.)St8LyRaVn: (Guy on Neco)
(8.)tymeks: VCN-2000
(9.)SlyMoFo:VCN-2000 (Guy on Team ZX2)

VCN-2000 - $1000
VCN-1000 - $550

10 Days till Its all over guys.

Also, to make the payment process much easier it would be best If I got all of your telephone numbers. Please PM me these and I will call you if I have any situations with the Group buy. Thanks
(7.)St8LyRaVn: (Guy on Neco)
(8.)tymeks: VCN-2000
(9.)SlyMoFo:VCN-2000 (Guy on Team ZX2)
(10.)HondaMikeSD

VCN-2000 - $1000
VCN-1000 - $550

Ok guys this is comming to an end on Friday. I will need to start collecting payments. Please contact me if your in this nitrous group buy and we can get these kits shipped out ASAP. Thanks
SVTCuervo, would you please let me know if your still in the underdrive pulley set GB?

thanks!
Well guys I've contacted everyone in this group buy. SOme haven't contacted me back and most of the others have dropped out TODAY. Just posting to say that unless we have 5 then this will not happen. Sorry but those were the group buy conditions. Funny how people drop out on the very last day I have 2 people ready to pay now. If some of the people who haven't contacted me can get in touch then we may still have this. But it doesn't look good.
© CEG Archives