Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Journie spinners! - 09/25/03 05:00 AM
I can get them for $96 plus $55 shipping.
Posted By: Swazo Re: spinners! - 09/25/03 05:05 AM
Those are hub caps........right?

Sorry, not my cup of tea
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: spinners! - 09/25/03 05:16 AM
$95 for plastic hubcaps? You're kidding right Journie? I don't care if they spin or not, why spend almost $400 on a set of 4 hubcaps made of nice hard (probably easily breakable) plastic?
Posted By: m!key Re: spinners! - 09/25/03 05:24 AM
hahaaaaaaaaaaa! i saw those at pep boys for $22.95, and i think that pic on ebay is from inside pep boys.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: spinners! - 09/25/03 05:49 AM
No, guys, I think... and correct me if i'm completley wrong... But i believe these are JUST the spinning part, and not an actualy hub cap, and they fit Aftermarket.. or if you're that Cheap.. stock rims. They are made of plastic, because from what i hear the metal wasn't working for the spinners because it was throwing the balance off, so they either make them with plastic or this expensive lightweight metal (Thats y the Spreewels are so much)! I could of heard wrong, but this is what i've heard!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: spinners! - 09/25/03 06:07 AM
those are just hubcaps, cheap hubcaps...a poor mans dream.

On that note, sign me up...holy f*ck
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: spinners! - 09/25/03 07:33 AM
Cosidering the buy it now is only 95 and shipping is 10 bux, I really hope this is a joke. If not, either way, spinners are a joke. Horrible! Especially in 13, 14, and 15s.....
Posted By: Freakshow Re: spinners! - 09/25/03 11:36 AM
psssst
It's a joke.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=interests&Number=413534&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1#Post413660
Posted By: 2G Sport_dup1 Re: spinners! - 09/25/03 11:43 AM
How long do you think it will take them to make hubcaps that fit like a regular hubcap but overlap the actual tire, making a 15 "appear" to be an 18 from a distance? I've wondered about that for a while.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: spinners! - 09/25/03 12:50 PM
Does anyone know if they are sold in stores? My friend was checking this out with me and he wants some on his winter ride.
Posted By: jevon3 Re: spinners! - 09/25/03 01:05 PM
that's hilarious, i didn't know they made those
Posted By: Monstour Re: spinners! - 09/25/03 01:48 PM
Originally posted by 2G Sport:
How long do you think it will take them to make hubcaps that fit like a regular hubcap but overlap the actual tire, making a 15 "appear" to be an 18 from a distance? I've wondered about that for a while.

Actaully I think I already saw some 15inch hub caps that make it look like u have 17's at pep boys
Posted By: Journie Re: spinners! - 09/25/03 03:13 PM
Originally posted by skrilla187:
Does anyone know if they are sold in stores? My friend was checking this out with me and he wants some on his winter ride.

Sure your "friend"...............yes check pep boys.
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: spinners! - 09/25/03 03:56 PM
yup, they do make the oversized hub caps, and they look horrible too. It's a funny world.
Posted By: Freakshow Re: spinners! - 09/25/03 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Monstour:
Originally posted by 2G Sport:

Actaully I think I already saw some 15inch hub caps that make it look like u have 17's at pep boys

They're called Plus 2 hubcaps. Check the bottom of THIS page
I think I'm gonna start my own car parts shop that deals with stuff like this and Type R badges and all the other lame wannabe stuff people slap on their cars...I'll call my new store Posers R US.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: spinners! - 09/26/03 06:54 AM
HAHA that's the dumbest thing i've seen i a while! Those 14" caps that make them look like 17"s, Man some people will put anything on a car! I saw this guy the other day that had TWO fog lights like just sitting right next to eachother under the head light! Not spread out or dead center... just right under the head light, where two big @$$ fog lites!... it was terrible!
Posted By: 2&1/2 Re: spinners! - 09/26/03 11:31 AM
Ahhhh another PBR (Pep Boys Racing) product at it's finest
© CEG Archives