Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I found a guy in canada that is making high quality steel front bumper mounted svt logos. It is to cover the holes for the front license plate and has pre drilled holes for it to fit. The current price is $18.00 each w/o shipping,but I just e-mailed him to ask if we could get a gb on this and what his price would be each. I personaly will buy 5 if the price is right. 1 for the front bumper and 4 others as door sill protectors. To add a little custom style to my svt. If anyone is interested please reply to this post with how many you think you will want so I can let him know how many I will be ordering and to get a better price for them. Thanks all. Here is the link to what they look like.

[image]C:\My Documents\svt7.jpg[/image]

ryan
I'm interested but don't see the pic!!
Posted By: tttc Re: svt door sill plates or front bumper plate - 09/05/03 04:01 PM
I know you said SVT but can you ask if he makes any other like Contour, 24V DOHC etc. etc. I know their would be more than a few interested in those.
yeah i am getting very frusterated in the pic not sending. i cannot figure out how to do it since it is here in my hard drive. pm me with your e-mails and i will send it to you that way. thanks for understanding.

ryan
when he replies to my original e-mail asking for a gb price i will ask him what else he can make for us and get back with you. since he does hand make all of these himself.

ryan
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
yeah i am getting very frusterated in the pic not sending. i cannot figure out how to do it since it is here in my hard drive. pm me with your e-mails and i will send it to you that way. thanks for understanding.

ryan

You have to host a pic on a server, then link to it using bbcode in your post. If you email me the pic, I can put it up on my webserver.
i just pm'ed you check it. thanks

ryan
ok so far here is who want them for sure

ryanblacksvt (me) 5 of them
fastrussman 1 of them

anyone else want one or more. p.m me and i will e-mail you a pic before you make your descision.

ryan
I hosted up the pic of what this gb is for. Count me in for at least 1 for now.
it is a great idea and i like it, cause the svt logo ACTUALLY looks like the svt logo....but i dont have a front license plate, and i think they are too small to be sill protectors...but props though, they look good......
yeah looks real good. i'm just trying to think of what i can use it for simply to not pass it up. i've got no front plate.
Stick one on your glove box or maybe with a little work you could cover the contour part on your dash where the bilnking light is with it.
how much would the door sill plates cost?? or is this a multifunction piece?? am i missing something?
i dont have a lincess plate either, they arent required here in georgia, but you should have the holes for it and mount it there. and they will look good as sill protectors.

ryan
ok i recived an e-mail from the guy who is making these and he said that if we get 25 or more in an order he will do them for $12.00 each then shipping. i just replied asking if he can lower it at all since that was his first offer and all but for now the $12.00 each then maybe a $2.00 shipping charge for each of you sounds good. please post your name and how many you want so i can get an idea of how many i will need to tell him we need and to get a better price. he said the more i order the better the price will be. and all you need to do to make them door sill protectors is to go and buy some 3m double sided adhesive tape and cut it to that shape peel and stick where you want. it will also make a good brake light insert for the rear window, like the ones you can get for the focus and lightning. well let me know who all is 100% interested and how many you want. thanks all.

ryan
Posted By: SVT24 Re: svt door sill plates or front bumper plate - 09/08/03 04:46 PM
well let me know who all is 100% interested and how many you want. thanks all.

ryan

I will take 1 for sure.
Posted By: tttc Re: svt door sill plates or front bumper plate - 09/08/03 05:18 PM
Any word on the non SVT?
ok so far we have

ryanblacksvt (me)-5 maybe 6 of them
fastrussman-1
freakshow-1
wolf24-1

anyone else, we need alot more than this, but then again i am not doing a time limit as of yet.

ryan
no not yet i will e-mail him again about that for you. now yours will be more since it wont be a bulk buy unless you get more people to buy basic "contour" ones

ryan
ok i just heard back from him again and he cannot budge on the price cause the cost and shipping them to me from canada. they will be $13.00 each shipped to me then shipping plus the $13.00 to you. however you want them shipped is your choice. lemme know he said time isnt an issue but would like a quantity by october 1st. and the $13.00 each is only for 25 or more orders.

ryan
ok i'm in. i think i'm gonna try to use it on the front of my subbox in the lower right corner and run it diagonally. the svt logo is very well done and for $13 bucks u cant beat it.
I'm still down...in fact I'll take 2 and let me know if you come up short on this maybe I can buy an extra or 2 if needed to help make the gb happen.
Posted By: SVT24 Re: svt door sill plates or front bumper plate - 09/09/03 11:46 AM
ok so far we have

ryanblacksvt (me)-5 maybe 6 of them
fastrussman-1
freakshow-1
wolf24-1

anyone else, we need alot more than this, but then again i am not doing a time limit as of yet.

ryan

Put me down for 2 instead of 1

wolf24-2
Originally posted by hmouta:
ok i'm in. i think i'm gonna try to use it on the front of my subbox in the lower right corner and run it diagonally. the svt logo is very well done and for $13 bucks u cant beat it.

Great idea!! I'll take another!!!
sorry everyone i havent posted here in a week or followed up on anything. my wife had to have emergency life saving surgery last teusday and i have been in the hospitol with her for this past week. i will be updating this in the morning when i go back to work. once again i am sorry to all.

ryan
ok sorry it took me soo long to update this here is the list so far

ryanblacksvt (me)-5
fastrussman-2
freakshow-2
wolf24-2
hmouta-1

thats only 12 of them so far,we still need 8 to make the 25 to get that gb price. anyone else??? thanks and remember there is no real time limit he just wants to know by the end of this month about how many he will need to make. lets get it going.

ryan
oops we still need 13 more orders not 8

ryan
c'mon guys these r pretty cheap and nice looking. u can find somewhere to use these.
will he still make them if we dont get 25 orders or just each one will cost more? can he offer them in different lengths? guys can use them for sub grills maybe.

put em on your amp rack, put em on your sub box. mount them across your trunk when its open
yes we can get them even if the order is smaller than 25 but you are right they WILL cost more money. i am not 100% sure how much more they will cost maybe a few bucks each or so. it just makes more sence to have a gb of 25 or more on this. i buy stuff all the time for my svt that i dont use right away or at all but are nice to have. this can be used for just about anything you want, plus it is extremly durrable and weather proof and the logo is exactly perfect. cu'mon guys lets get to the 25 mark here. thanks

ryan
Put me in for 2 more for a total of 4...Thank you!!!
If he can do somehting for us non-SVT folks I'd be in for it. I know that doesn't really help this GB, but wanted to state my place anyway lol.
bumpity bump
i'm still interested.
I can't see the pic for this GB. I may buy one if I can see a pic. Can anyone PM me or post one??

thanks
i can see it. i saved it. i can email or aim it to u
thanks hmouta
hey guys,

there are only 14 so far, we still need 25. i spoke with him this morning and he is still cool with doing this for us we just need 25 to make it at this price. anyone else want them. i am not taking any $ till we have minimum 25 orders in. thanks

thanks for still trying to keep this alive
Originally posted by hmouta:
thanks for still trying to keep this alive

hey no problem at all, if we dont get 25 then no one gets them at this price not even me and i really want these. let get to 25 people, and just a note i am not making a dime for this, this is the price from him to you not anywhere inbetween. i am doing this cause alot of people on these boards have and would do the same for anyone else so this is a small way of giving back to you all.

Posted By: 2svts Re: svt door sill plates or front bumper plate - 10/10/03 05:45 PM
i will take one
now we are up to 15 ,thanks 2svts.

ryan
Put me down for two (2). ALSO how about one just alittle bit longer that would work as a battery tie down. OR a blank one that would hold the SVT emblem from Ford Performance. The emblem measures about 7/8" tall by about 3" long.
The emblem fastens with double faced tape.
Where'd you go? When you get back, how thick is the stock you're using?
up to 17 now, only need 8 more.
thanks wa2tuff
I repeat, how thick is the stock you're using. And could you get them longer to use as a battery hold down bar?
i'd like to see what the door sill plates will look like, and if rear sets will be available.
Originally posted by baco99:
i'd like to see what the door sill plates will look like, and if rear sets will be available.

Go to the first page and scroll down to the second from the last post. I put up a pic he sent me of them.
what's with the holes on the sides?
To mount on the front bumper where the license plate bracket would normally go.
right. so how will the door sills be different? the same shape with the rounded edges?
Probably. I wish he'd come back on line and let me know if he can get the battery hold down. I think that would look really good. Even a plain flat piece that the SVT emblem from Performance Ford could be mounted on.
hey all sorry i havent posted in a bit its really hard to type with a broken thumb and messed up ligiments and having a cast on really bites. well the stock is like 1/8" thick. i can get them with or without holes for you if you want. so without holes you can drill them yourself for a battery hold down if you want.

I found another source for the battery bars but I still want 2 bars from you. Thanks. Take care
cool sounds good. still need 8 more people.

The ones for the front doors, are they going to be made longer than the ones for the licence plate??? Can you ask him to do it that way so that they will actually fit the whole door sill?? Thank you!! I may actually get a couple more in that case!!
cool sounds good. still need 8 more people.

Is this still a go? I'm sorry about your hand but just let us know. Thanks and hope you're doing better.
OK-if this is still on, AND I HOPE IT IS, I want 2 more. This makes a total of 4 for me. This means we only need 6 more (according to your count) to get to 25. Come on folks, only 6 more!! Put them on the front bumper, glove box, door sills, somewhere in the engine compartment, sub boxes, somewhere on the dash, etc. I'm putting one on my sub box, one on the glove box, and using the other two for rear door sills. I already got 2 from Bill Jenkins for the front but of course they won't work in the rear cuz they're too long. There has to be enough people out there for 6 more!!
I would like 2 for sure
When they are ready let me know.
Originally posted by Shane27:
I would like 2 for sure
When they are ready let me know.

There we go. Only 4 more needed. Maybe you can get your guy to start moving on these. It's starting to get cool up here. I'd like to get some of my stuff done before the snow starts to fly.
I don't think he is going to make longer ones for the door sills. He would have said so, I guess. Anyway, if you want door sills, get them from Bill Jenkins at: webparts@signaturelm.com

I got a set from him and they look sweet. Look at my pictures.
yeah he is still going to make them for us. i have been in constant communication with him and everything is still a go. only 4 more needed c'mon people. thanks to all that have already shown an interest though.
just to reiterate, i'll still interested
yeah he is still going to make them for us. i have been in constant communication with him and everything is still a go. only 4 more needed c'mon people. thanks to all that have already shown an interest though.

COME ON FOLKS!!! (Loud sighs and moans) THIS GB HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE AUGUST 5TH. How about some of the people who want one, go for the GUSTO and get one more? Put one on your speaker box, glove box, dash, etc. I'm really gettin tired of waiting. I know 2 to 3 months isn't a super long time for a GB but we're also not talking $500 either.
Posted By: sacd3 Re: svt door sill plates or front bumper plate - 11/24/03 06:02 PM
how will you be accepting payment for these?
Originally posted by wa2tuff:

COME ON FOLKS!!! (Loud sighs and moans) THIS GB HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE AUGUST 5TH. How about some of the people who want one, go for the GUSTO and get one more? Put one on your speaker box, glove box, dash, etc. I'm really gettin tired of waiting. I know 2 to 3 months isn't a super long time for a GB but we're also not talking $500 either.

IS THIS BUY STILL ON? I'M GETTING TIRED OF WONDERING
I STILL WANT THEM SO POST AND LET US KNOW!! THANKS
© CEG Archives