Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: BBorges_dup1 [CHECKING] Alex Peper OBD-II Scan Tool - 08/25/03 06:55 PM
I want to buy one of those things...

I know they had a group buy the Ford Taurus but I think the GB is already closed... because I emailed them and it bounced back.

How about if we open a group buy on that thing ??

IIRC the GB can get up to 30% OFF if more than 15 units.

Here is the link for the Alex Peper OBDII:

http://www.obd-2.com/

If you r interested just post here.

ears, eyes open.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: [CHECKING] Alex Peper OBD-II Scan Tool - 08/25/03 07:58 PM
Yeah, if it's going to pay for itself in what 3 TIMES! if you can afford one then....

Oh, let's see I hope I got the funds by then
So how much will it be? And how much would a decent laptop just to run it cost? Thanks.
I would also be interested in this setup.
bborges, u beat me to it. i was gonna post for interest. i think he does 20% off for 10 people and 30 for 15 people. still more than i'm looking to spend now but i am interested in the tricom one.
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
And how much would a decent laptop just to run it cost? Thanks.

I think the interface was designed to use little computer resources.

Nothing fancy.

Any 386 should be able to use it.

(at least i am hoping for that, cause we have (3) 386 laying around the office... I 'll just take one for me).
Originally posted by hmouta:
bborges, u beat me to it. i was gonna post for interest. i think he does 20% off for 10 people and 30 for 15 people. still more than i'm looking to spend now but i am interested in the tricom one.

He he he....

Regarding the discount... the GB is a good idea.. but actually I could get the student discount anyway....

It doesn't matter... if we gather 10-15 people here we go witht he GB.. if not, I'll buy with the student discount.

Later
i didnt know about the student discount when i bought mine, and i only paid for the one for ford, but it works fine on my friends grand am (it gets more CELs than the tour!)
Originally posted by BBorges:
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
And how much would a decent laptop just to run it cost? Thanks.

I think the interface was designed to use little computer resources.

Nothing fancy.

Any 386 should be able to use it.

(at least i am hoping for that, cause we have (3) 386 laying around the office... I 'll just take one for me).

I've run it on a 486 SLC/33 w/ 4MB of RAM and no mouse under Windows 3.1. No problems there. A little clunky using it w/o a mouse, but I figured it out.
I'm in. I've been planning to get one for a while. Hopefully we can go for the 30% discount.
i'd like to really do this. can we hit 15 serious people.

all u guys with indiglos can accurately set your needles. read your own codes. fix/replace stuff that ford will charge u an arm and a leg for. we dont need 15 people interested in the tricom. u can get whatever one u want. we just need to get 10-15 people. its basically a 2% discount for each person. 20 people would like be 40%. i'm sure alex has a cutoff though.
i'm in,,, anybody know if I can get a dual Ford and Chrysler/Asian setup? I see Ford and GM or GM and Chrysler/Asain but not Ford and Chrylser/Asian. If I can't get the dual then I'll just get the ford.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: [CHECKING] Alex Peper OBD-II Scan Tool - 08/28/03 03:29 AM
I'm interested.
How do we proceed ??

And those that are saying they are in... IN is IN, right ????
Well, we have a couple more people to go before we even reach 10 interested people. I think we should wait a little bit. Maybe set a deadline.

Then we gotta make SURE everybody that's in is really in all the way.

Once we've got all our people, we probably just email Alex at the sales address on his website letting him know we want a group buy, getting specifics and whatnot.

Oh yeah, I'm IN. If this group buy doesn't go through, I'm just gonna get it with the student discount like you BBorges.
Originally posted by kazanma:
If this group buy doesn't go through, I'm just gonna get it with the student discount like you BBorges.

that's what I am thinking.

Could we get more than 20% with the GB ???

Maybe he could give us the GB discount + the student discount ????
I emailed Alex asking for info. If we can get enough people for at least a 20% discount, then I'll stay with the group buy to help out those that aren't eligible for the regular discounts.
OK, here's the scoop. For every person in the group buy, the total discount will increase 2%. The greatest discount we can get through a group buy is 30%.

1 Person: 2% discount
5 People: 10% discount
10 People: 20% discount
15 People or more: 30% discount

Let's get some more people in on this! With our current head count, we can only get a 16% discount.

Here's a copy of the email:
Quote:

Is 2% per quantity up to 30% off. Can mix or match for total. Example 10 = 20% off, 15+ = 30% = $85 each for model PWM use on Ford engine. Includes ship. Can drop ship to each. Will need list of names, emails. Can provide limted time order link.
Thank you,
Alex Peper
Car Code
www.obd-2.com
----- Original Message -----
To: sales@obd-2.com
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 9:53 AM
Subject: Group buy info?

Greetings,

There is a group of people over on contour.org forums who are interested in getting together for a group buy for your OBD-II scanning equipment.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but I would appreciate it if you could let me know how much of a discount we can get with out many people, additional shipping costs, flexibility with units ordered (e.g. do we all have to buy the same unit or can each person customize their order?) and any other relevant information.

Thanks for your time,
Jesse/kazanma

Hey.. thanks for taking the step.

Why don't you take care of the GB ??

Thing is, I've never done a GB... and it seems you know about that.

I would ask you to PM everybody that has posted here and confirm if they are IN/OUT and then give us a list of people that are in.

Hell..... $85 for a model with shipping !!!! That's NOT bad !!!

come on guys... the unit that ONLy readds the code goes for $50 !!! $85 for a complete tool is not bad AT ALL !!

And the package for the Palms go for $250.... out of question.

I will link this page to the Protege forums, trying to get more people buying the thing. If you guys have other forums , please let them know about the GB.

Later
I got Canadian money burnin a hole in my pocket for this tool. I sez I'm in! How come these other CEG types are dragging their b-hinds? Should be able to git 15 peeps easy here.

Although I do rmember what it was like not to have spare mullah. But then I always splurged for good tools cauz in the end you save money. Let's go peeps....buy this thing!!
Is the discount only on the ford one or can I get the discount if I go w/ the kit for all vehicles. Already have the software and laptop just need the hardware. I want and would definately be IN.
I imagine that mista Peper would not mind if you bought off brand. I plan to buy all 3 connections
Posted By: athos34 Re: [CHECKING] Alex Peper OBD-II Scan Tool - 08/31/03 04:46 PM
I'm IN !! Let me know the details. I will buy the three way combo. This is the best deal around.
Hey Kazanma,

do u have a headcount ??

how things are going ???
Hey Kazanma,

do u have a headcount ??

how things are going ???

Sorry I haven't posted, I've been busy getting ready for classes.

The headcount right now is at 10, so we're good for 20% off.

I was thinking of setting a deadline in 1 or 2 weeks to see if we can pull in some more people that might not have the money right now. What do you guys think about that?
yeah it'd be nice to get 15 but also dont want to lose the ones that r currently interested by dragging it out. but if they r serious hopefully they'd hang in this for a litte bit. remember 11 people would be 22% 12 people 24%. but 30% would be very nice
Posted By: brainiac Re: [CHECKING] Alex Peper OBD-II Scan Tool - 09/02/03 04:20 PM
I want in if it's a good price. I'll check in later. alfa88@juno.com
Can you guys link /spread the word ??

Maybe put a link to othr forums you guys go to ????

I would really LOV the 30% down
OoooOoOoOooo! Im interested if the price is right. I dont even know how much these go for without a discount. I'll post a link in the GB forum of Neco
the price varies depending on what model u want. reg prices should be listed on alex's site.
Posted By: brainiac Re: [CHECKING] Alex Peper OBD-II Scan Tool - 09/03/03 03:08 PM
I want one. That looks like a good price. alfa88@juno.com So what do we do now?
Originally posted by brainiac:
I want one. That looks like a good price. alfa88@juno.com So what do we do now?

I am also waiting.

The Kaza guy is taking care of the headcount.

i linked the GB at ProtegeClub.. but no answers yet.

I think were are waiting for the 30% discount !!

Count me in!!! I need to pay through Paypal!!!
Also...I want all three types!!!
It seems like we already have 15 people.

I'll do a headcount, the Kazaa guy may be busy lately.

It seems like we already have 15 people.

I'll do a headcount, the Kazaa guy may be busy lately.

I've sent PM to everyone in this thread. It took some time. POS program won't let me do it at once.

anyways, if you DID NOT receive a PM from me, please email me at:

bborges79@hotmail.com

I think we have 15 people already.

Thanks

BB
Hey, I'm back guys. I've got all my stuff at school figured out now. Thanks for helping BBorges.

The headcount looks like it's at 13 right now. How bout the deadline be next Friday? If we're cool with that then I'll make a new post to announce it and type up the details.

Or, if you want the deadline to be a different day just suggest one. I personally think it shouldn't go past next week.

Or, should we just go with what we've got now? 26% ain't too shabby.
Posted By: Nutz Re: [CHECKING] Alex Peper OBD-II Scan Tool - 09/04/03 01:43 AM
Well I am here from NECO and I would like to get in on this GB. Just email me all the info and let me know where to send the money. Been looking for a GB on this product for sometime know. johneykyn@yahoo.com

John johneykyn@yahoo.com
Originally posted by kazanma:
Hey, I'm back guys. I've got all my stuff at school figured out now. Thanks for helping BBorges.

The headcount looks like it's at 13 right now. How bout the deadline be next Friday? If we're cool with that then I'll make a new post to announce it and type up the details.

I thought YOU WERE the one helping

And so far we have 11 people that confirmed and 3 others that didn't reply to the PM.

Assuming they are IN, we have 14 TOTAL.

I'm in.
Posted By: brainiac Re: [CHECKING] Alex Peper OBD-II Scan Tool - 09/04/03 04:35 PM
You can contact me at the included e-mail address. I still want one even though my cel went out this morning. alfa88@juno.com
Originally posted by GR8SVT:
I'm in.

Okay hugo,

You were one of the guys that didn't replied.

Whats ur email ??

We have 12 confirmed now.

tour96se at comcast dot net
Posted By: jreat Re: [CHECKING] Alex Peper OBD-II Scan Tool - 09/04/03 10:25 PM
Count me in ... who wants my $$

Is there one that can do both Ford and Subaru? If so that is the one I want
Originally posted by jreat:
Is there one that can do both Ford and Subaru? If so that is the one I want

Ford uses PWM Subaru uses ISO. If you get a double combo with those two that will work with both of them or for a few bucks more you could get the triple combo and get all three just in case you ever need the GM one.
just in case no one received my pm back, IM IN. Just let me know when and where money is due and the final price. I want the Tricom ( all vehicles)normally 180.
Originally posted by cfcsvt:
just in case no one received my pm back, IM IN. Just let me know when and where money is due and the final price. I want the Tricom ( all vehicles)normally 180.

You are on the list.

I have EXACTLY 14 PEOPLE on the list.

It was last updated TODAY.

Here are the lucky ones:

â?¢ hmouta
â?¢ Kremithefrog
â?¢ Cfcsvt
â?¢ Derk2000
â?¢ Kazanma
â?¢ NeilsCougar
â?¢ Fastrussman â?? email ??
â?¢ Brainiac
â?¢ Nutz
â?¢ Bborges
â?¢ Ajay â?? NECO guy
â?¢ GR8SVT
â?¢ Stickyjazz
â?¢ athos34

Thing is, we need ONE more person to make sure we can get the 30%.

Posted By: Cris'pus Re: [CHECKING] Alex Peper OBD-II Scan Tool - 09/05/03 02:26 PM
What's the diff between the Tricom and the Triple Combo?
Originally posted by Cris'pus:
What's the diff between the Tricom and the Triple Combo?

I have the understanding that the TRICOM has ONE connector that serves all 3 systems.

Now the 3-combo is composed of 3 different connectors.

I dunno, but I have the impression the 3-combo is better because if accidently u break the connector ALL you would have to do is buy a SINGLE connector agains, opposed to losing complete operation and having to buy the TRICOM again.

does that make sense ???

Which way is better ????

by the way Cris, you are not on the list.

Are u interested on the product ??

We ahve EXACTLY 14 people, one person short to get the 30% off....

Posted By: Cris'pus Re: [CHECKING] Alex Peper OBD-II Scan Tool - 09/05/03 03:23 PM
I know I know. I AM interested but am considering all my options. Thanks.
Originally posted by Cris'pus:
I know I know. I AM interested but am considering all my options. Thanks.

Well.. let me know.

If you make up ur mind just PM me with your email.

And as soon as we have the next person the thing will be rolling.

Thanks

BB

ONE more person !!!!

Come on !!!!

You'll be able to get the FORD system for $86 SHIPPED !!!!!

A standard OBD-II read-code-only sells for about that !! And the Alex Peper is WAY MUCH better.....

ONE MORE PERSON !!!!!!!

Posted By: jreat Re: [CHECKING] Alex Peper OBD-II Scan Tool - 09/05/03 10:27 PM
Check your e-mail and PM's, I am not on the list and I want one, that is # 15

tomlje@sbcglobal.net
Count me in on this. I want the triple combo. 30% off is $113.40, awesome deal. Good great I'm in.
Me too, me too!

I want the iso and pmw.

My email is ptrlib@sbcglobal.net

Thanks

Peter
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: [CHECKING] Alex Peper OBD-II Scan Tool - 09/06/03 06:12 AM
I think we've hit 15 now.
lets let alex know.
Posted By: yeehaw Re: [CHECKING] Alex Peper OBD-II Scan Tool - 09/06/03 10:29 PM
WAIT FOR ME!!!!! I want in!
I found this over on the NECO site.
I sent an email to one of you a few minutes ago, my name is Darcy

I will be IN for the standard ford one.
Please send me any info I need, and how to pay, etc.
Darcyawood@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Darcy
Okay guys,

We do have 15-16 people.

But I am at home right now and I have all the related things at work.

Monday I'll work on that.

Later
awww man! We gotta wait till Monday. I can't stand the suspense. All the action!!!
Originally posted by stickyjazz:
awww man! We gotta wait till Monday. I can't stand the suspense. All the action!!!

Haha, I hear ya. Thanks to everybody for helping the GB reach 30%.
Posted By: yeehaw Re: [CHECKING] Alex Peper OBD-II Scan Tool - 09/08/03 05:00 AM
NO NO! Thank YOU!
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED !!!

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE !!!

© CEG Archives