Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Moving hood scoop - 08/21/03 09:02 PM
I was also talking to my bodyshop about this. We are planing to mave a hood scoop that opens up at around 3000 rpm. under 3 grand it will stay closed and be level with the hood. After 3 grand it opens up and lets in cold air to your engine when it needs it most. Any question resopnd or email me at theblacknight01@hotmail.com or talk to NVS Mystique (Aaron)
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/21/03 09:35 PM
Prices, and could it be made in show quality carbon fiber? Would it work for both duratecs and contours? And can a switch be installed to keep it closed on rainy days? Thanks.
Posted By: DimitriPopov Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/21/03 09:38 PM
Yeah all the info he asked about.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/21/03 10:20 PM
I was thinking of the same thing...watching Trucks this weekend and they put a fiberglass cowl induction hood on a Chevy truck with a vacuum actuated flap that popped up during acceleration. Same thing was on the original SS Chevelle's '70-'72. This one had a channel on the bottom side of the hood that went over to the intake area and provided it with the cold air off the windshield (cowl area). When it opens it draws air from the back side not the front so rain would not be a real issue, but you could put a manual shut off valve in the vacuum line if you like. This could be possibly be done on the stock hood if the clearance is enough...but would definitely be possible if the hood swelled up in the center kind of like the old cowl induction hoods available for Mustangs.

Definitely worth looking into.

Scott
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/22/03 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Prices, and could it be made in show quality carbon fiber? Would it work for both duratecs and contours? And can a switch be installed to keep it closed on rainy days? Thanks.

im not sure about the carbon fiber but i will ask. This is for all contours 4 and 6 cylander. We are working on a way to do a shut of switch so it will beable be open and close manually if you prefer as well as the automatic. the price is not set yet we want to know if its worth proceding first. But let me put it this way. This guy is a god when it comes to this stuff. if we want t to do this stuff it will dont worry.
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/22/03 01:05 AM
Originally posted by scottd60:
like the old cowl induction hoods available for Mustangs.

Definitely worth looking into.

Scott

that is the style of hood scoop that we were looking in to
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/22/03 01:23 AM
definitely interested if the construction is good and the price isnt too high!
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/22/03 01:52 AM
ok i'm curious
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/22/03 02:42 AM
i will try to get a photoshop of what it will look like
Posted By: crusinmercury Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/22/03 04:03 AM
Originally posted by hmouta:
ok i'm curious

definately
Posted By: Toadster_dup1 Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/22/03 07:15 AM
LOL - this is the MOD i am asking about in the general forum

cool!!! let us know how it goes!!
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/22/03 04:21 PM
I would definitely be interested...I have been thinking about this ever since I got my CSVT last summer. And I have always liked cowl induction hoods (I'm a Chevy man from way back). They look good on just about anything you put them on.
Posted By: lucky13 Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/22/03 08:52 PM
I'm also interested. I definitely need to cool things off under there.
Posted By: fastrussman Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/22/03 09:53 PM
El yea!!! I'm Interested!!! Let us know!!!
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/23/03 11:39 PM
well this is enough intrest to make a prototype. and for the carbon fiber hood scoop that was asked about. its around 1500 to 2 grand CANADIAN
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/24/03 04:43 AM
Nevermind.
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/24/03 03:45 PM
Nevermind.

sorry about that but carbonfirbre is very expensive
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/24/03 07:34 PM
Not that expensive, a whole hood cost $400-$500.
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/24/03 09:59 PM
Not that expensive, a whole hood cost $400-$500.

500 american it was 1500 canadian (that price was just a guess though. i will let you know when we make the non carbonfiber on. then we will know the price if we use other materials). rember there is more to this hood scoop then just carbon thee was alot of other stuff to it as well
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/25/03 02:44 AM
I know there's a lot to it, but just like a 747 (has a lot to it), it's expensive.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/25/03 08:07 PM
Being the way the dollar is now I suggest getting Canadian stuff now. A 800 dollar CDN hood for example would be 560 approx. But who knows how the economy is going to be.
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/25/03 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Cris'pus:
Being the way the dollar is now I suggest getting Canadian stuff now. A 800 dollar CDN hood for example would be 560 approx. But who knows how the economy is going to be.

exactly. thats why i want people to buy my stuff. it is cheeper for americans
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/26/03 04:02 PM
how about that photochop?
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/26/03 09:18 PM
in the works
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop poll - 08/26/03 09:28 PM
Hood scoop in the center of the hood closer to the windshield.not ram air
hood scoop over the airfilter area. ram air
The wilnner of this will get a photoshop and we will go from there
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop poll - 08/29/03 12:41 AM
Originally posted by 1FASTDAD:

[polloption=hood scoop in the center of the hood closer to the windshield. not ram air]
[polloption=hood scoop over the airfilter area. ram air]
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Moving hood scoop poll - 08/29/03 02:03 AM

hood scoop in the center of the hood closer to the windshield. not ram air

Scoop Poll
]hood scoop in the center of the hood closer to the windshield. not ram air

Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop poll - 08/30/03 04:12 AM
come on people we got to break this tie if we are going to go any further
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: Moving hood scoop poll - 08/31/03 03:20 AM
I'm willing as long as you dont try to charge an arm and a leg. and as long as your planning on baffling it, if you don't baffle it then your gonna have all kinds of water in the TB. would like to see some design schematics on what your trying to do
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop poll - 08/31/03 03:30 AM
Originally posted by MP3Tour:
I'm willing as long as you dont try to charge an arm and a leg. and as long as your planning on baffling it, if you don't baffle it then your gonna have all kinds of water in the TB. would like to see some design schematics on what your trying to do

trust me there will be no water going in to the engine.besides ther will be a switch to close it manualy if you dont want it open
Posted By: PXRacing Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/31/03 06:00 PM
Guess CEG'ers just don't realize how much benefit a hood designed to allow huge amounts of heat to escape would do for our cars instead of always worrying about some stupid hood scoop to allow air in, add on to that the fact something like that would have a negative affect in rainy weather......

Seems to me nobody @CEG has a Clue what type of hood we really need......Oh well what do I know right!!!

Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop - 08/31/03 06:59 PM
Originally posted by PXRacing:
Guess CEG'ers just don't realize how much benefit a hood designed to allow huge amounts of heat to escape would do for our cars instead of always worrying about some stupid hood scoop to allow air in, add on to that the fact something like that would have a negative affect in rainy weather......

Seems to me nobody @CEG has a Clue what type of hood we really need......Oh well what do I know right!!!

well i guess nobody read the part of my post that said NO RAIN WILL GET IN
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop poll - 09/02/03 01:24 AM
the poll ends at the end of sept 20 2003
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop poll - 09/06/03 02:49 AM
is everyone that voted intrested in the hood scoop idea then. if so then we can go ahead with it now instead of after the 20th
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop poll - 09/08/03 02:43 AM
the hood scoop is in the works now
Posted By: SpliceVW Re: Moving hood scoop poll - 09/08/03 04:16 PM
I may be interested, depending on price.
Posted By: fastrussman Re: Moving hood scoop poll - 09/10/03 10:13 AM
Any clue on price!!
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop poll - 09/10/03 06:56 PM
the price has not been set but it should not be that expensive. it all depends on the amount of parts that are required to make it move
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Moving hood scoop poll - 09/10/03 09:04 PM
How about that Photochop Would realy like to see what you have in mind

Still VERY interested

Scott
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop poll - 09/11/03 01:27 AM
Originally posted by scottd60:
How about that Photochop Would realy like to see what you have in mind

Still VERY interested

Scott

sorry man the last few weeks have been verry iffy with school and work i will work on that picture right now

Wesley
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood pic soon - 10/04/03 11:57 PM
pic should be up within a week i hope. its taking some time to do. sorry
Posted By: crusinmercury Re: Moving hood pic soon - 10/29/03 01:26 AM
Any updates on this???

ttt
Posted By: Static Re: Moving hood pic soon - 10/29/03 03:33 AM
ok so whats the cost of this thing
Posted By: parkedcar Re: Moving hood pic soon - 10/30/03 05:11 AM
i am ver curious....i want to see a pic...also will this be a whole hood...or some thing we have to install and cut our stock hood for
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Moving hood scoop - 10/31/03 03:04 PM
I was also talking to my bodyshop about this. We are planing to mave a hood scoop that opens up at around 3000 rpm. under 3 grand it will stay closed and be level with the hood. After 3 grand it opens up and lets in cold air to your engine when it needs it most. Any question resopnd or email me at theblacknight01@hotmail.com or talk to NVS Mystique (Aaron)

I'm really interested in this. I hope it doesn't go away like the "non SVT bumper that looks like an SVT bumper" GB you were into awhile back.
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop - 11/01/03 06:38 PM
both group buys are not going away. they were just put on hold. the body shop got realy busy and could not spare any time for this stuff. I have a friend drawing up a couple of puctures for the desighn of the hood scoop.

It will be the scoop and all of the components needed to install it. The price is still up in the air because we are still not quite sure how complex all of this will be. but im hoping for it to be in the 200-400 canadian range. Rember thats Canadian funds, so anyone american that will buy it iw will be cheeper.

When the picture is done it will be posted. im sorry for the delay it has just been realy hectic around here lately between school and work. I dot have much time to cordinate whith the shop lately.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Moving hood scoop - 11/03/03 06:44 AM
Cool. I'd much rather have your hood than a CF. Not only is it less $$$$, but it's totally functional.
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop - 11/21/03 04:07 PM
well same as my other group buy. im going to the shop tonight to see how things are progressing (if at all). i will post the results tomorow
Posted By: Dakmis Re: Moving hood scoop - 11/24/03 07:22 AM
i am intrested

but price is an issue

a picture would be nice but no rush i don't get my csvt till christmas time
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop - 12/10/03 01:57 AM
good, cuz getting a dam pic up for this group buy is getting very hard for me to do.
Posted By: Tim_dup3 Re: Moving hood scoop - 12/10/03 02:53 AM
What are you guys going to do, have the intake runners stick out and vibrate

Tim
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop - 12/10/03 03:41 AM
were looking into a hood scoop that open and closes at the flick of a switch over the intake area or the center of the car with some air going to the intake. this will give you a ram air effect that will help you get colder air and let your engine run cooler. therfore you should ge a few extra hp
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Moving hood scoop - 12/12/03 02:42 AM
still waiting, wanting, anticipating
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop - 12/12/03 03:08 AM
me 2.....me 2.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Moving hood scoop - 01/10/04 04:54 PM
It appears that this GB is dead. 1FASTDAD, please confirm yes or no. If yes, I'd still be interested.
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Moving hood scoop - 01/10/04 07:14 PM
pm sent. Its not dead
© CEG Archives