Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 1FASTDAD non svt bumper that looks like svt - 08/21/03 08:58 PM
i was talking to my local body shop and we were talking about makind a front bumper that looked like an svt bumper but it bolts on to the non svt contours. the only question is that the lower half of the front bumper around where the opening is are they the same on the pre and post 98's. we only want to make one mould so we were hoping that there were no major changes. Let me know if you are intresed or have any questions. my email is theblacknight01@hotmail.com or you can also talk to NVS Mystique (Aaron). All prices will be in Canadian funds and we need at least 10 people so let me know.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 08/21/03 10:36 PM
you mean a pre98 SVT bumper...

as far as I know non SVT Contours have the same front bumper...

:EDIT: except for the parts where it bolts up to the headlights :EDIT:
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 08/22/03 01:07 AM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:

this is not a pre 98 svt bumper. this is an opton for people that can not afford an svt front weather its pre or post 98 it will bolt on to any non svt bumper
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 08/22/03 01:41 AM
So you mean like adding something to the stock bumper?
Posted By: alibies Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 08/22/03 01:59 AM
Originally posted by 1FASTDAD:

this is not a pre 98 svt bumper. this is an opton for people that can not afford an svt front weather its pre or post 98 it will bolt on to any non svt bumper

i think i love you man (j/k)
you mean like that Razzi kit?
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 08/22/03 02:39 AM
Originally posted by h_town_contour:
you mean like that Razzi kit?

its an addon for the non svt bumper. you keep the factory bumper on the car. then you take this p[art that im selling and you bolt it on the factory bumper. it will give the look of an svt bumper without the cost of one
I'm not 100% sure, but I thought that is what the Razzi kit did, it goes on at the bottom of your factory bumper. I dont know, maybe Im wrong.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 08/22/03 05:21 AM
Would it be safe to think this is more along the lines of a mirko splitter?
I think its a mix or Razzi and Mirko. what about lines/seams? wouldn't they stick out huge?
Posted By: MyCaiNsBroK3N Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 08/22/03 01:10 PM
i smell fish
1fastdad, will it look like yours?? I saw it at carlisle and it looked good, if so, you should get a pic or two and people will be all over it
Posted By: IonNinja Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 08/23/03 10:41 AM
some pics...maybe a drawing? that would be nice...
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 08/23/03 02:33 PM
SO basically he's gonna have a addition to the regular NON-SVT front bumpers that makes it look very close to a SVT front bumper. Thats acutally an awesome idea if you can make it look good. Dude i wish i would have thought of this lol.
Posted By: alexey Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 08/23/03 11:09 PM
not feeling it man... i wish you just made svt look-alike bumpers
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 08/23/03 11:45 PM
Originally posted by alexey:
not feeling it man... i wish you just made svt look-alike bumpers

if you want an bumper to look like an svt then buy an svt bumper
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 08/23/03 11:48 PM
some pics...maybe a drawing? that would be nice...

that will be coming. i just wanted to see if there was any intrest before i started
Posted By: Bullet Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 08/24/03 02:23 AM
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
SO basically he's gonna have a addition to the regular NON-SVT front bumpers that makes it look very close to a SVT front bumper. Thats acutally an awesome idea if you can make it look good. Dude i wish i would have thought of this lol.

If it is made like this, it should fit onto Mystiques as well. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on this one.
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 08/24/03 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Bullet:
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:

If it is made like this, it should fit onto Mystiques as well. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on this one.

it will have to be modified abit to fit around the fog lights but other then that it will fit the mystiques as well
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 08/25/03 03:45 PM
Originally posted by mbb41:
Would it be safe to think this is more along the lines of a mirko splitter?

Mark yes it is along the same lines as a Mirko. Basically it will jsut bolt on to your non SVT bumper.

And as for the questions about it fitting a Mystique, Yes it will because the mold is being made from my bumper

Aaron
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 08/26/03 02:03 AM
Originally posted by mycainsbroken:
i smell fish

close yer legs
Posted By: calisport Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 09/01/03 03:18 PM
can we get an update on the bumper? Is it going to be possible? where are you guys located? updates please.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 09/01/03 03:49 PM
We are located just outside of Toronto Canada. The bodyshop said we need at least 10 people. My car is going into the shop because I will be away so 1FASTDAD will be looking after everything while I'm away. We plan on getting the mold done with into the next few weeks but the shop wants 10 people so it will make it worthwhile to do.

Aaron
Posted By: calisport Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 09/01/03 04:11 PM
do you have a ball park figure on how much?
do you have a ball park figure on how much?
my bad, i didnt mean to have a double entry.
i found a shop on the internet that does the look alike bumper covors for under 150, is it going to be about that much?
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 09/05/03 12:39 AM
the car is in the shop so the bumper mould is being made as we speek
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 09/05/03 01:29 AM
Originally posted by 1FASTDAD:
the car is in the shop so the bumper mould is being made as we speek

Hmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder who's car is in the shop

Aaron
Posted By: Kyledriver83 Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 09/06/03 04:35 AM
I'm interested, but need more info....pics/cost.
Keep us posted!
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 09/06/03 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Kyledriver83:
I'm interested, but need more info....pics/cost.
Keep us posted!

cost: cheeper then an svt bumper othern than that i cant be any more spacific.
pics: it will look like an svt bumper (pics will be posted when it is made)
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 09/10/03 09:57 PM
I would be interested as I am looking into some old pre-98's. As soon as some pics come I will decide.
do to some issues the group buy will be pushed back to a later date. hopefully it will be go to go before the end of this winter
so whatever happened to this, just curious...what were the issues?
its still there the issues were lack ot time. the body shop got very busy and this project was put on the back burner. I think it will be put forward next week im not sure yet. I will keep everyone posted.
also, just a suggestion...a full lip kit would be nice instead of just a front clip (if thats what you guys are doing)...keeps it real clean and cheaper than a full body kit (well it should be)...that would be a nice option.
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 11/03/03 02:27 AM
no were going to make the seam as small as possable
Posted By: Simon_dup1 Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 11/03/03 01:04 PM
I'd be interested if the price was right
Keep us tuned!
Posted By: Nate S Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 11/03/03 09:21 PM
im interested...i dont understand how this would work...
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 11/07/03 02:18 PM
are there any updates on this?
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 11/07/03 06:02 PM
no updates yet. sorry just keep watch
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 11/21/03 04:06 PM
im going to the guy tonight to see how its coming. i will post the results tomorow
Posted By: IonNinja Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 11/21/03 08:00 PM
you guys should seriously make a lip kit, somebody has to...
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 11/22/03 06:10 AM
you guys should seriously make a lip kit, somebody has to...

PLEASE!!!
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 11/22/03 09:54 AM
Im interested need more info on the price and some pics would be nice.
count me interested.

tim.
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 11/27/03 05:42 AM
anything yet?
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 12/10/03 01:55 AM
i was talking to the guy and he ran an intristing idea by me.

Do you want a
SVT front end
a mondeao st220 like the one on the site

i will let this go for 2 weeks then i will ask for a downpayment and we can start making and shipping this stuff out
Posted By: IonNinja Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 12/10/03 03:42 AM
well I have no money at the current time so I guess my opinion doesn't count but since u guys have nothing made yet...

it'd really be nice to have a lip kit for this car...something that adds on to the existing bumpers for non svts and a set of side skirts...would be much cheaper than a regular body kit and would still give a more aggressive look.
Posted By: Nate S Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 12/10/03 03:53 AM
yeah lip kit would be interesting
Posted By: Static Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 12/10/03 04:48 AM
well I have no money at the current time so I guess my opinion doesn't count but since u guys have nothing made yet...

it'd really be nice to have a lip kit for this car...something that adds on to the existing bumpers for non svts and a set of side skirts...would be much cheaper than a regular body kit and would still give a more aggressive look.

you know at some point your gonna have to jump in and do this yourself cause you have been saying this for months and people just ignore you. I think it would be cool looking but you are prolly gonna have to get it started cause nobody really seems to hear you but me when you mention this lip kit LOL
Posted By: webdev0474 Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 12/10/03 02:51 PM
I have a 99 svt front bumper for sale in the classifieds!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 12/10/03 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Big Poppa:

you know at some point your gonna have to jump in and do this yourself cause you have been saying this for months and people just ignore you. I think it would be cool looking but you are prolly gonna have to get it started cause nobody really seems to hear you but me when you mention this lip kit LOL

yea I know its probably cuz I'm broke.

man if I had some hookups I'd be all over it
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 12/17/03 09:24 AM
anything new happening?
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: non svt bumper that looks like svt - 12/17/03 08:30 PM
Did you vote? Thats all the progress so far. Ath the end of this week the voting is over
© CEG Archives