Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: auiotour LEDs interest GB5 - 08/12/03 12:20 AM
Just wanted to know if anyone would be interested in some more LEDs. Post yes or no. and any questions you might have.
Posted By: nelgee Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/12/03 01:04 AM
i guess i would.... good quality right? not like the piece of @#*! i got off ebay. are you gonna have just the blue ones or are you gonna get instrument panel leds as well? i'd be in for both.
Posted By: banned7times Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/12/03 02:12 AM
Posted By: JD60538 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/12/03 09:08 AM
your going to need to be a little more detailed. Which LEDs?Are they the really bright ones or some cheap radio shack crap? What prices are we talking about? Do you have more than one color?
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/12/03 04:28 PM
Originally posted by JD60538:
your going to need to be a little more detailed. Which LEDs?Are they the really bright ones or some cheap radio shack crap? What prices are we talking about?

Same question for me, and price? If good then I am in
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/12/03 06:51 PM
Linky
Posted By: DomesticAssault Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/12/03 09:27 PM
If they are good quality then I'm in!!!!!!!
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/13/03 01:29 AM
Well here is some pictures of what they look like installed in a 95.

Center Counsle LEDs.

Fog Light Indicator LEDs

Drivers Door LEDs.

Passenger door handle LEDs.

LEDs go as followed:
(prices bases on 50pcs and shipping)
3mm and 5mm sizes avaible!
Blue $15.00 MCD3000 3.5v
Red $19.00 MCD1500 3.5v
Green $15.00 MCD4000 3.5v
Clear $20.00 MCD5000 3.5v

GB4, I offered LEDs that would fit behind the gauges and hvac but not to many people wanted those. Or should I say none. I can only get those discounted when we order over 100. Otherwise they are normal price. Prices can be found at www.superbrightleds.com. Unless I can get 10 people to buy 10. then you will need to order those seperate. If you order 100pcs, I will give 1.00 off every 100 you order. Any color. If you order 50pc and another 50pc of another color, then that also counts. If you order 200, I will give 5.00 off. I get them for cheaper the more people order.

If you have anymore questions post or IM me on aim@auiotour
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/13/03 01:49 AM
how much are your E1 rims.
Posted By: tttc Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/13/03 05:59 AM
yes in for 50 green.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/13/03 01:13 PM
I am gonna see if I can get some better pictures tonight so I can put them up, the ones I have are very blurry.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/13/03 01:35 PM
As we talked about last night on IM, I'm in for 100 blue -- 50 5mm and 50 3mm. My payment will come early next week after I get back from Chicago.
Posted By: nelgee Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/13/03 08:52 PM
if they are better than the ones i bought off ebay and case-mod.com i'm in for 50 blue 3mm. are the instrument panel leds the same ones from/like superbrightled.com? cuz if they are they will not fit our cars. (base too small)
Posted By: SmellySVT Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/13/03 09:07 PM
I'm interested in 50 blue (25 3mm, 25 5mm) but what it the time frame for this group buy. I leaving for school in a couple of weeks so I need to know how fast I can get these.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/13/03 10:46 PM
time frame is 3 weeks max, as for the quality they are much better then those found on ebay unless you purchased them through antielement. which is me and I sell them for much more then on ebay about 50 for 30.00. They are very bright, and for the guages, there are too different bulbs that should fit, and now one since you said they are too small there is only one bulb, which is a wedge that will fit into the old bases. Alright when superbrightleds.com starts workign correctly I will show you what they look like. the guage cluster and hvac need to be be bought from them. unless again we get more then 100 people. to buy.
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/16/03 06:23 AM
Hey hey,

This stuff is lookin' good. Tell me though, I'm looking at superbrightleds.com and I'm seeing many ranges of angles and different brightness values. Some of the brightness stats don't even appear to come in the color you described. If you could clear that up for me, that would be great.

Your prices are great though none the less.

I'm sure I'll be back for some LEDs within the next few days or so..
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/16/03 06:27 AM
all the 3mm and 5mm, i order from a different company, if there is anything at superbrightleds.com, that you want, we can find more people who want the same thing, then I can order 100+ of that item and get a discount on them and ship you them. otherwise i can't get much of a discount, the more expensive items, dont get any cheaper with quantity only the cheaper under 3 or 4 dollar ones.
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/16/03 02:14 PM
Oh ok, that makes more sense. I was just confused about the whole process. In that case, I will be interested in 50.. I'm not sure about the size or color just yet, but tonight you will know.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/17/03 05:53 AM
if any of you want to start sending in payments, go ahead and send them to my paypal at auiotour@comcast.net
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/19/03 01:01 AM
So is anyone else going to join in, i know there was many people who wanted in, but only one who has sent payment
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/20/03 01:16 AM
Okay the two people who sent paypal payments, for the green LEDs, and the other person for the blue LEDs, I have order your leds. thank you
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/20/03 01:20 AM
ok this is giving me some ideas. i dont want to do the dash or hvac, i have indiglos that i can run in blue. i like that door handle led thing. did u change the leds in the window and lock switches too. what sizes would i need to do the same. i also have a few more ideas too. is an led needed for each individual button like up, down, lock, unlock, etc. do leds use just power and ground. i'd like to wire them to a switch or the rear window lockout switch on the driver door to shut off the door handle and the "misc" ones i want to add.

but i'm interested.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/20/03 01:21 AM
can these be used w/ led holders.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/20/03 02:15 AM
they can be used with leds holders, but it depends on what ones you buy.

As for the switches. this is what I did for my pre98

pre98 setup
Head light switch, I used 4 3mm, 1 5mm x
fog light indicator, 2 5mm x
traction control 1 5mm, 1 3mm x
defrost button 1 5mm, 1 3mm x
Clock, 1 5mm x
dimmer switch (hard to do) 1 5mm x
drivers window, 5 3mm (6 total leds inside switch)
window switches 1 4mm (each) x
unlock switches 1 3mm (each) x
rear window switches 1 3mm (each) x
behind door handle lights 1 5mm (each) x
(sun/moon roof) 1 3mm (requires extra wires, and sometimes extra switch and harness) x

post98 setup
Head light switch, I used 4 3mm, 1 5mm,
(traction control) 1 5mm, 1 3mm x
defrost button 1 5mm, 1 3mm x
Clock, 1 5mm x
dimmer switch (hard to do) 1 5mm x
drivers window, 5 3mm (6 total leds inside switch)
window switches 1 3mm (each) x
unlock switches 1 3mm (each) x
rear window switches 1 3mm (each) x
(sun/moon roof) 1 3mm (requires extra wires, and sometimes extra switch and harness) x

I believe that is all of them if i missed any just post. I also can tell everyone how to do them
everything that has an x will need a 440 ohm 1/4 resistor. you can also use a 220 ohm 1/4 to make them brighter, but beware they dont last as long.

All leds have a warranty for 14 years running at 3.5v. (but question is, who the hell would try to get their money back on one led. Not me. lol I can help anyone with install if they need to, by supplying pictures.

If you have any ideas or wanna post pictures of your install of LEDs, please post, give some more people an example of what you did. and remember, you dont have to just install these in your car. I have them installed in my wireless intellimouse explorer. its white, the reciever has a blue led installed, and the reciever for my wireless natural keyboard has 3 5mm blue leds in stalled in them, my HP printer has 3 5mm leds installed in it. my flat panel has 1 3mm blue led installed on it. and my tv does too. You can do so many things with these. Dont be affrait to try new things.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/20/03 03:32 AM
Payment Paypal'ed.
Posted By: nelgee Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/20/03 04:42 AM
auiotour- i was just curious on how many of the 3mm leds can be wired in series and still work? i've done 3 but can you go 4,5,6? also was i your 1 blue buyer?
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/21/03 01:04 AM
i want blue too. what determines what needs a resistor. r the resistors available at radioshack.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/21/03 01:51 AM
Originally posted by hetfield:
Payment Paypal'ed.

your leds have been ordered,

thank you
llane
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/21/03 01:55 AM
you were one of the leds, buyers,

as for how many you can put in order, I did 3, but I they way I did it they burnt up right away, and i am just to lazy to replace them. but Since i lost my old tutorial, I think I will remake it again and fix 3 leds. You can only test, use a multimeter, starting on a 1.5v circuit, and then moving up, making sure they dont get to much voltage.

the shack will have the resistors, should be about $3 for all of them.

Did I ask everyones questions. If not, please tell me.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/21/03 06:21 AM
can i get 50 3mm and 25 5mm. i have indiglo gauges. so i dont need to do the 4 main gauges. what would fit the other things like turn signals, abs light, ebrake, check engine, etc. what size for the back of the door handles like in the pics.
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/21/03 01:18 PM
Sorry, I'm still interested, I want 50 green 5mm. I'm just waiting on my paypal account to confirm my checking account.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/21/03 01:41 PM
Originally posted by watdge:
Sorry, I'm still interested, I want 50 green 5mm. I'm just waiting on my paypal account to confirm my checking account.

I appreciate that thank you.

as for the 75 leds
50 3mm and 25 5mm
it would be 22.50. I believe you said you wanted blue

I have not attempted the idoit lights. I will tonight. The lights behind the door require extra wiring on all post98 models, but is easy to do. They require 5mm LEDs.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/22/03 01:05 AM
Remember everyone this GB is still open. You can send paypal to auiotour@comcast.net
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/22/03 01:58 AM
Originally posted by auiotour:
Originally posted by watdge:

I appreciate that thank you.

as for the 75 leds
50 3mm and 25 5mm
it would be 22.50. I believe you said you wanted blue

I have not attempted the idoit lights. I will tonight. The lights behind the door require extra wiring on all post98 models, but is easy to do. They require 5mm LEDs.

if u think my 75 led order is enough to do the post98 locks, windows, door handles, headlight switch, dummy lights...screw it. i'll order 50 and 50. i'll paypal 30 to u.
Posted By: auiotour ****LED GB5**** - 08/22/03 02:35 AM
I just ordered your leds
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/23/03 01:05 AM
So is there anyone out there that has install leds in their cars and would like to show off some pictures of your cars that would be great.
Posted By: alibies Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/23/03 01:33 AM
exactly how hard are these to put in?
Posted By: auiotour Re: ****LED GB5**** - 08/23/03 03:59 AM
Would everybody like me to type up a tutorial on how to do the install of almost every LED you could want. If I have more then 3 people I will do it. But it will be all text until I get the chance to snap some new pictures.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: ****LED GB5**** - 08/23/03 04:12 AM
I think I would definitely benefit from something like that.
Posted By: tttc Re: ****LED GB5**** - 08/23/03 08:13 AM
Well audiotour do I even have to speak up and say YES PLEASE!!!!! I have asked you for this since day 1. So PLEASE do it.
Posted By: auiotour Re: ****LED GB5**** - 08/23/03 03:04 PM
Alright, this is gotta be short, since I am at work. I will try to make one up this weekend. It will contain pictures and full details step by step to doing everything, I dont know how to pull the post98 guage cluster area, so I can't do that yet but will go to the junk yard and pull it and write something up.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: ****LED GB5**** - 08/23/03 05:34 PM
it would be appreciated if u can.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: ****LED GB5**** - 08/23/03 05:35 PM
i also have a lit moonroof switch so does this get treated the same as the door switches.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/24/03 06:16 PM
Alright, I got most of the pictures taken to complete the tutorial, except the ones on removing the door. and the led install behind the door handle. I will be finishing the tutorial in the next few days.
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/25/03 10:38 PM
So is there anyone out there that has install leds in their cars and would like to show off some pictures of your cars that would be great.

I have done my car in blue LED's. I will post pics as soon as my new Digital camera comes in. The last one got broken. I love the look. I did all of the door switches, moonroof switch, headlight switch, all of the gauges, dash clock, and HVAC. The gauges and HVAC are a PITA. The switches are easy.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/26/03 06:53 AM
Thanks I can't wait to see the pictures. The tutorial is almost done, i had to move the project to my laptop so I could work on it. Its been taking all my time to perfect it. It will have almost everything for a pre98, post97 will be coming later. I will be doing the install on a 98 svt. Free of charge if the person deciedes he wants them done. Otherwise any of you from the NW that are in the seattle area may have a chance of getting it done free.
Posted By: JeremySeVT Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/27/03 05:02 AM
Sorry man, I'm still interested, but paypal hasn't deposited the money to confirm the account yet
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/27/03 01:28 PM
alright no rush man, as soon as you can. I am always open for LED purchases.
Posted By: nelgee Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/27/03 06:54 PM
auiotour- i was just curious if you are ordering the leds all at once or if you are ordering leds individually as soon as people pay you? i just want to know the time frame.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/28/03 02:08 AM
As soon as you pay, I order them within 24 hours. And with that, I got two orders ready to ship from me to some of you

Got the two orders of 50 5mm blue, and 50 3mm blue, and 20 3mm green and 30 5mm green. they should be shipping tomorrow.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/28/03 02:32 AM
Got the two orders of 50 5mm blue, and 50 3mm blue, and 20 3mm green and 30 5mm green. they should be shipping tomorrow.

w00t!
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/28/03 03:39 AM
Here is a small part of the tutorial, It is still being worked on but thought I would get some insite on it before I continued with it. if there is anything one of you don't understand tell me and I will change it.
tutorial
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/28/03 04:34 AM
Good news everyone, I will probably get resistors for about $0.10 each, which means for a few extra dollars, you can order the resistors you need to do the install. I am looking into it more from the company I buy from. I will get back to you as soon as I recieve the call back from them.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/28/03 01:32 PM
Okay, got news guys, I know can sell resistors, the place I order the LEDs also sells resistor, and wow do they beat 5 for a $1 at radio shack, they are 5 cents each. so for 100 resisots add 5.00 and make sure you say that. I will be sending 330 ohm resistors.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/29/03 12:52 AM
do u think the 330s will make them really bright. the site recommended 440(iirc). if its no big deal, then i'll order some resistors.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/29/03 01:38 AM
superbrightleds.com recommends or my person recommends. I can get what ever size of resistor you want. You name it I get it. I used 330ohm and have recommended 330 ohm for all the cars and they make it brighter. some people think its to bright, and yes it about 3 times brighter then the old green ones. so if you install the others they will be maybe 1.5 times brighter, you make the call on how bright you wanna go. It will still look good and still work. So if you want them, send with your payment for LEDs. I will order them.

ANd also got some more LEDs today, haven't check what and whos leds they are. But I will post tonight sometime.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/29/03 04:20 AM
I was gonna send two more sets of LEDs out tonight again, on top of the ones I sent out but the place I ship with was closed. so they will be sent tomorrow night after work. So anyone who wants more LEDs keep the payments coming, I am still accepting them and remember, I know sell Resistors at extra low price. If you guys have any questions please tell me.
Posted By: JD60538 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/29/03 12:13 PM
I also would like to do everything on the inside with blue LEDs, so my questions are,
What do I need to buy?
What will it all cost me?
I also want to do the brake light in the window so add that in to the mix. Sorry if all this has been asked/answered.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/29/03 01:40 PM
I have no clue how to do the break light but i dont know how good of an idea it would be to do blue. As for everything else, I suggest 50 3mm and 50 5mm, along with 100 330 ohm resistors. 100 blue leds is 30.00 plus 5.00 for the resistors, for a total of 35. I am not sure how many LEDs are in the back window or how that is set up, but I am sure they are 5mm. and you could need anywhere from 25-50 of them, so if you want more send 7.50 more for 25 or 15.00 for the extra 50.

I just order an order for 50 330 ohm and 50 440 ohm. [censored] i cant remember how to spell your name, [censored] sorry
Posted By: JD60538 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/29/03 01:53 PM
I was doin the brake lights red.
I just ordered a [censored] load of stuff from www.superbrightleds.com so Im holding back for now.
Is this going to keep going until interest runs out?
Maybe a week or so, MAYBE.
As for the name, just JD dont use the #s.
Thanxz
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/30/03 05:08 PM
Alright, its mainly till interest runs out. probably 2 or more weeks yet. I should be getting more LEDs in my mail soon to ship out, so I will be notifing everyone who I have sent to soon.

Here are the initals of the people who i have sent their leds to them

js (your resistors were just order two days ag)
ng
md
gt

All of your stuff has been sent except js's resistors.
I am awaiting the rest of the shipments
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/31/03 06:14 AM
Hey, I PM-ed you about this kinda stuff a couple weeks ago. I just stumbled upon this group buy today. Would I be able to buy 50 3mm blues and 50 5mm blues? I am also interested in the hvac leds, I want everything green in my car to be blue. Also, im not sure if I asked you this before, but can I send a check/money order to you instead of paypal? I dont have a paypal account, sorry.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 08/31/03 03:28 PM
I have not tried to install the hvac or guage bulbs from superbrightleds.com, but the ones from their you can order, I only get discount on those by quantity. As for the 3mm and 5mm leds, I can do all that, also, I found the place i get LEDs from sells resistors, which i can sell those to you and far cheaper then you can get them at the store, 2.50 for every 50 pack. If you want them bright, go with 330 ohm, but if you want them dimmer, go with the 440 ohm. I have the 330 ohm, and They are perfect to me.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/01/03 11:40 PM
i just paypaled for 100 330 ohm resistors.

so the stock bulbs will be swapped out. but how do i power non stock location leds. they use just 12voltpower and ground right? i also want to add some to other locations and to light up my amp rack. i want to wire them to a switch coming off a relay and see if i can power the leds from my fused dist block.

i wanna do the door handle leds (where u open the door)and add some to the overhead handles and also the front door handle (where u pull to close the door)
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/02/03 12:10 AM
I just got your payment for 100 330 ohm resistors, i order them also

the stock bulbs come right out and you put the new ones in, very quick and easy installation. You will have to run a power wire to non stock resistors, along with the 330 ohm resistors. and yes ground too. As for hooking it up in a row, all I know is you have to have different powers for each one cause they get dimmer and dimmer with each LED. but yes, a distribution block should help.

And for the door handle stuff, pre98 models have them there, just add a LED, and resistor and remove the old bulb. as for the outside you will need to drill holes and all and make sure they fit the bulbs, glue them in, and run wires from your switch lights in the doors. it will be hard with the window, a lot of wire, and a real pain in the ass. But it will be very nice. I am thinking about that now too.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/02/03 05:57 AM
wait the pre98s have them?? hmm, my 95gl doesnt. maybe just the se's. maybe the pre98 holders will fit or at least i can look for one for ideas. i've got 16 gauge ground and power wire (for projects like this)on the way. is that too much for the leds? do u know how many amps each led pulls. trying to see how many i can wire directly to a 30a relay/switch. hope i wont need a relay for each nonstock location led. damn this is gonna be alot of wiring.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/02/03 01:29 PM
the leds pull almost nothing for amprage. But I wouldn't suggest wiring more then 2-3 in a single circuit, you will be able to tell they aren't getting enough power with only 12volts. 20-22 guage wire would probably be better. that is what I used on some stuff.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/02/03 04:05 PM
i was thinking the same for the wiring. so i could parallel wire 3 in a row off a relay (i think i remember superbrightleds.com saying 3 was the max too). damn thats gonna be alot of relays.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/02/03 04:10 PM
unless i run each paralleled line to a barrier strip then to a single relay and switch. just thinking out loud
Posted By: DJDD Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/02/03 09:25 PM
OK, UK here, looking to get some blue leds for dash (Not Guages as i have Indiglos) and door handle lights! What do i need and how do i do it?
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/03/03 12:41 AM
most people do 50 3mm and 50 5mm to do all that, ohh yes 100 330 ohm resistors too. that will set you up good.

Hey hey, i got 100 more blue leds in the mail. Those will be shipping out tonight!
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/03/03 03:18 AM
most people do 50 3mm and 50 5mm to do all that, ohh yes 100 330 ohm resistors too. that will set you up good.

Hey hey, i got 100 more blue leds in the mail. Those will be shipping out tonight!

put me down for EXACTLY that.

50 3mm, 50 5mm, and 100 330 ohm resistors. how much would that cost?

btw- do you have any red leds? I have an idea that i wanna try, but i only need like 10 red ones, can i buy that many?
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/03/03 04:48 AM
yea sure, just paypal me the money, 1.90 for the 10 red leds. and then the rest is uhh 35.00 for the leds and resistors. paypal is auiotour @ comcast.net
Posted By: tttc Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/05/03 03:59 PM
Hey auidotour how is that tutorial coming along. Can't wait to see that.
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/06/03 06:18 AM
check ur PMs dude.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/06/03 03:57 PM
Sorry guys been busy for a few days. I asked someone who has done the install before to help due it since, I am finding myself working lots of overtime this week, and maybe next week. I am gonna redo parts of it so that it is easier to follow. Anyone who has done the LEDs are more then welcome to help me write it. As, I type a whole lot to say just something someone else could say in less words. I have all the pictures needed except the sun/moon roof, and inside of the doors for the door handle lights.
Posted By: auiotour Driver Door Install directions - 09/07/03 02:42 AM
Tools:
Small, Medium and Large Straight Screw Drivers
Philips Screw Driver, Short and Long
Wire Cutters
Soddering Pencil/Gun and Sodder
Electrical Tape or Shrink Wrap Tubing

Starting with the drivers door, Grab a small Straight Screw Driver, and pop off the cap behind the door handle. Then use a Philips Screw Driver to remove the screw, now use a Straight Screw Driver to remove the holder that the switches sit in. Now remove the switches by pressing the small tab that holds the male end of the harness in. To remove the drivers switches use a Straight Screw Driver and push the tab out, and pull the switches out, and press the small tab to remove the switch. On each of the switches there two tabs that need to be pried with a small tipped Straight Screw Driver. Two Straight Screw Drivers are needed to open each switch. Once one of the sides on the switch has been pried open begin to pry the other side of the switch. But be careful that the switch doesnâ??t snap back shut. Once the switches are open the L.E.D.s can now be installed. A Soddering Pencil/Gun (pencil preferred), sodder, wire cutters will be needed.
To do the lock switch cut the wire at the end of the original resistor and at the other end of the original L.E.D. bulb. Make sure to keep the circuit intact, so that it can be used for study if needed. Now there are four small tabs that will need to be cut off in order for the new L.E.D.s to sit correctly. Make sure to center them perfectly. Now begin to sodder the new 330 Ohm resistor and 3mm L.E.D. in the exact way that the one that was removed came out. If at any time the process is forgot, look at the circuit that was pulled out. It will refresh the mind and show how the original was installed. Once soddering is done, plug the lock Switch into the corresponding harness, and test to make sure the install was a success. If the install was a success, begin putting the lock switch together. The first step is to make sure that the metal pieces inside the switch are put in properly. Hold the top half of the switch upside down and begin sticking the metal pieces in with the point, pointed up. Now, put the switch back together. This switch is now done.
To do the window switches cut as close to the bottom on every L.E.D. except one. Keep that one, till the installation has been successful when tested. Then cut the remaining L.E.D. out. Once the L.E.D.s that are being replaced first are out. Begin soddering in the new L.E.D.s. Once they are installed test the switch by connecting it to the harness. If the circuit is successful finish disconnecting the remaining L.E.D. and sodder in the final L.E.D. in place. The window switch needs no resistors. To begin putting the window switch back together, the window switch has a window lock function that is hard to figure out and will need to be messed with a few times in order to get it into perfect placement. If the switch is too easy to move, itâ??s not done right. If the switch wonâ??t move, itâ??s not done right. Once the lock switch is working properly set it a side, its now time to remove the door panel.
To remove the Door Panel there are several screws, two screws are on the left side of the door (outer most part), two screws underneath, one screw on the right side, one other screw in the lower right corner behind a small cap, one screw in the mirror sail panel, that covers the mirrors screws, use a small Straight Screw Driver to get this out, or Knife. Two screws are behind the door handle that is used to grab and close the door. There is a small whole under the handle, use a large Straight Screw Driver to pry the cover off to make the screws visible. Once all of this is done lift on the bottom of the door, and pull away from the door, then lift up. Now there is black insulator to keep the noise out of your car, find the spot where the green light shines through behind the door handle. Now remove the black insulator above where the green light shines through. Now pull the bulb holder out. Cut the wires about 1/2 inch so there is something to pull the prongs out to install the 5mm L.E.D. Remove all the old metal pieces inside the holder so that 5mm L.E.D. can easily fit in and install it. Add the resistor at the positive end of the L.E.D. (long wire or the side that isnâ??t flat on the actual L.E.D.) Turn car lights on to test the connection. If the light turns on, remember how itâ??s connected. Now sodder it on good then sodder the L.E.D. with resistor back to the wires that used to run to the old green light. Wrap each wire with electrical tape or shrink wrap tubing. Slip the holder back into place and begin putting the door panel back on.
Follow this by putting the switches back in and the door switch holder back on.

This is what its gonna look like, just a little sample. I will be adding pictures also. The link is still up, but, I decieded to type it all out, then post. lol, so that way nobody gets confused. I am still awaiting a approval of using or having someone right me the tutorial for installing the lights behind the door levers on the post97 models. That will be coming soon. The only part thats different, is connecting it into the window or lock switch's power and ground. thats it. If I knew which one was power, I would do it myself and write it up when I do the actual install.

The rest of the doors can use this install method on all doors, the screw locations are a tiny bit different on the back doors, no mirror panel screw, and there is only one screw where the part of the door you grab to close is. the rest is easy. I am gonna start writing the other doors up, and begin center console area.
Posted By: auiotour Right Front Door - 09/07/03 02:47 AM
Tools: Small, Medium and Large Straight Screw Drivers
Wire Cutters

Starting with the right front passenger door, Grab a small Straight Screw Driver, and pop off the cap behind the door handle. Then use a Philips Screw Driver to remove the screw, now use a Straight Screw Driver to remove the holder that the switches sit in. Now remove the switches by pressing the small tab that holds the male end of the harness in. To remove the drivers switches use a Straight Screw Driver and push the tab out, and pull the switches out, and press the small tab to remove the switch. On each of the switches there two tabs that need to be pried with a small tipped Straight Screw Driver. Two Straight Screw Drivers are needed to open each switch. Once one of the sides on the switch has been pried open begin to pry the other side of the switch. But be careful that the switch doesnâ??t snap back shut. Once the switches are open the L.E.D.s can now be installed. A Soddering Pencil/Gun (pencil preferred), sodder, wire cutters will be needed.
To do the lock switch cut the wire at the end of the original resistor and at the other end of the original L.E.D. bulb. Make sure to keep the circuit intact, so that it can be used for study if needed. Now there are four small tabs that will need to be cut off in order for the new L.E.D.s to sit correctly. Make sure to center them perfectly. Now begin to sodder the new 330 Ohm resistor and 3mm L.E.D. in the exact way that the one that was removed came out. If at any time the process is forgot, look at the circuit that was pulled out. It will refresh the mind and show how the original was installed. Once soddering is done, plug the lock Switch into the corresponding harness, and test to make sure the install was a success. If the install was a success, begin putting the lock switch together. The first step is to make sure that the metal pieces inside the switch are put in properly. Hold the top half of the switch upside down and begin sticking the metal pieces in with the point, pointed up. Now, put the switch back together. This switch is now done.
To do the window switch cut the wire at the end of the original resistor and at the other end of the original L.E.D. bulb. Make sure to keep the circuit intact, so that it can be used for study if needed. Now there are four small tabs that will need to be cut off in order for the new L.E.D.s to sit correctly. Make sure to center them perfectly. Now begin to sodder the new 330 Ohm resistor and 3mm L.E.D. in the exact way that the one that was removed came out. If at any time the process is forgot, look at the circuit that was pulled out. It will refresh the mind and show how the original was installed. Once soddering is done, plug the window Switch into the corresponding harness, and test to make sure the install was a success. If the install was a success, begin putting the window switch together. The first step is to make sure that the metal pieces inside the switch are put in properly. Hold the top half of the switch upside down and begin sticking the metal pieces in with the point, pointed up. Now, put the switch back together. This switch is now done.
To remove the Door Panel there are several screws, two screws are on the left side of the door (outer most part), two screws underneath, one screw on the right side, one other screw in the lower right corner behind a small cap, one screw in the mirror sail panel, that covers the mirrors screws, use a small Straight Screw Driver to get this out, or Knife. Two screws are behind the door handle that is used to grab and close the door. There is a small whole under the handle, use a large Straight Screw Driver to pry the cover off to make the screws visible. Once all of this is done lift on the bottom of the door, and pull away from the door, then lift up. Now there is black insulator to keep the noise out of your car, find the spot where the green light shines through behind the door handle. Now remove the black insulator above where the green light shines through. Now pull the bulb holder out. Cut the wires about 1/2 inch so there is something to pull the prongs out to install the 5mm L.E.D. Remove all the old metal pieces inside the holder so that 5mm L.E.D. can easily fit in and install it. Add the resistor at the positive end of the L.E.D. (long wire or the side that isnâ??t flat on the actual L.E.D.) Turn car lights on to test the connection. If the light turns on, remember how itâ??s connected. Now sodder it on good then sodder the L.E.D. with resistor back to the wires that used to run to the old green light. Wrap each wire with electrical tape or shrink wrap tubing. Slip the holder back into place and begin putting the door panel back on.
Follow this by putting the switches back in and the door switch holder back on.

Posted By: auiotour Left Passenger Door - 09/07/03 02:55 AM
Left Passenger Door

Wire Cutters

Starting with the left passenger door, Grab a small Straight Screw Driver, and pop off the cap behind the door handle. Then use a Philips Screw Driver to remove the screw, now use a Straight Screw Driver to remove the holder that the switches sit in. Now remove the switches by pressing the small tab that holds the male end of the harness in. On the switch there two tabs that need to be pried with a small tipped Straight Screw Driver. Two Straight Screw Drivers are needed to open the switch. Once one of the sides on the switch has been pried open begin to pry the other side of the switch. But be careful that the switch doesnâ??t snap back shut. Once the switch is open the L.E.D.s can now be installed. A Soddering Pencil/Gun (pencil preferred), sodder, wire cutters will be needed.
To do the window switch cut the wire at the end of the original resistor and at the other end of the original L.E.D. bulb. Make sure to keep the circuit intact, so that it can be used for study if needed. Now there are four small tabs that will need to be cut off in order for the new L.E.D.s to sit correctly. Make sure to center it perfectly. Now begin to sodder the new 330 Ohm resistor and 3mm L.E.D. in the exact way that the one that was removed came out. If at any time the process is forgot, look at the circuit that was pulled out. It will refresh the mind and show how the original was installed. Once soddering is done, plug the window switch into the harness, and test to make sure the install was a success. If the install was a success, begin putting the window switch together. The first step is to make sure that the metal pieces inside the switch are put in properly. Hold the top half of the switch upside down and begin sticking the metal pieces in with the point, pointed up. Now, put the switch back together. This switch is now done.
To remove the Door Panel there are several screws, three screws are on the left side of the door (outer most part), one screws underneath, two screws on the right side, One screw in the door handle that is used to grab and close the door. Once all of this is done lift on the bottom of the door, and pull away from the door, then lift up. Now there is black insulator to keep the noise out of your car, find the spot where the green light shines through behind the door handle. Now remove the black insulator above where the green light shines through. Now pull the bulb holder out. Cut the wires about 1/2 inch so there is something to pull the prongs out to install the 5mm L.E.D. Remove all the old metal pieces inside the holder so that 5mm L.E.D. can easily fit in and install it. Add the resistor at the positive end of the L.E.D. (long wire or the side that isnâ??t flat on the actual L.E.D.) Turn car lights on to test the connection. If the light turns on, remember how itâ??s connected. Now sodder it on good then sodder the L.E.D. with resistor back to the wires that used to run to the old green light. Wrap each wire with electrical tape or shrink wrap tubing. Slip the holder back into place and begin putting the door panel back on.
Follow this by putting the switch back in and the door switch holder back on.
Posted By: auiotour Right Passenger Door - 09/07/03 02:56 AM
Right Passenger Door

Wire Cutters

Starting with the right passenger door, Grab a small Straight Screw Driver, and pop off the cap behind the door handle. Then use a Philips Screw Driver to remove the screw, now use a Straight Screw Driver to remove the holder that the switches sit in. Now remove the switches by pressing the small tab that holds the male end of the harness in. On the switch there two tabs that need to be pried with a small tipped Straight Screw Driver. Two Straight Screw Drivers are needed to open the switch. Once one of the sides on the switch has been pried open begin to pry the other side of the switch. But be careful that the switch doesnâ??t snap back shut. Once the switch is open the L.E.D.s can now be installed. A Soddering Pencil/Gun (pencil preferred), sodder, wire cutters will be needed.
To do the window switch cut the wire at the end of the original resistor and at the other end of the original L.E.D. bulb. Make sure to keep the circuit intact, so that it can be used for study if needed. Now there are four small tabs that will need to be cut off in order for the new L.E.D.s to sit correctly. Make sure to center it perfectly. Now begin to sodder the new 330 Ohm resistor and 3mm L.E.D. in the exact way that the one that was removed came out. If at any time the process is forgot, look at the circuit that was pulled out. It will refresh the mind and show how the original was installed. Once soddering is done, plug the window switch into the harness, and test to make sure the install was a success. If the install was a success, begin putting the window switch together. The first step is to make sure that the metal pieces inside the switch are put in properly. Hold the top half of the switch upside down and begin sticking the metal pieces in with the point, pointed up. Now, put the switch back together. This switch is now done.
To remove the Door Panel there are several screws, three screws are on the left side of the door (outer most part), one screws underneath, two screws on the right side, One screw in the door handle that is used to grab and close the door. Once all of this is done lift on the bottom of the door, and pull away from the door, then lift up. Now there is black insulator to keep the noise out of your car, find the spot where the green light shines through behind the door handle. Now remove the black insulator above where the green light shines through. Now pull the bulb holder out. Cut the wires about 1/2 inch so there is something to pull the prongs out to install the 5mm L.E.D. Remove all the old metal pieces inside the holder so that 5mm L.E.D. can easily fit in and install it. Add the resistor at the positive end of the L.E.D. (long wire or the side that isnâ??t flat on the actual L.E.D.) Turn car lights on to test the connection. If the light turns on, remember how itâ??s connected. Now sodder it on good then sodder the L.E.D. with resistor back to the wires that used to run to the old green light. Wrap each wire with electrical tape or shrink wrap tubing. Slip the holder back into place and begin putting the door panel back on.
Follow this by putting the switch back in and the door switch holder back on.
Posted By: auiotour L.E.D. Install HowTo - 09/07/03 03:03 AM
I have updated the tutorial page, I will be adding more soon. this is where this [censored] is going down. lol So you can see a better visual version. But it won't have pictures now. I am adding those later tonight probably.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/09/03 01:32 PM
So is there anyone else out there that needed to get some more LEDs. come on guys this is an awsome price, and it will be a few months atleast, before I think about offering this GB again. This is one of the most stylish mods you can go to your car. Everyone always compliments my lights in my car when they get in it. All my friends even want them, But don't really have places for them like the contour does. If there is no one else interested, I will be closing the GB. So if there is anyone still interested just tell me!
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/12/03 05:13 AM
the resistors were shipped to me slow. I just got the first set today, and will be shipping them out tomorrow after work.
Posted By: skat Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/12/03 05:19 PM
I'm real new to the site, and the car, as i just got my 'tour a week ago. I'd like to get the blue leds for all the doors. let me know all I need to buy (lights and resistors) and i'll pay pal it to you. thx
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/13/03 01:01 AM
what color, and how many did you need. I usually sell 50 3mm and 50 5mm leds. Just tell me the color and then you will need resistors to final it. resistors are 100 for 5.00, this all includes shipping.

Hey guys got, 100 more 330 ohm resistors today, shipping them out tonight with the others.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/17/03 05:27 AM
sorry, gotta keep this post alive till the rest of the guys get their resistors and LEDs, so far is everyone satisfied, sorry I haven't finished the tutorial, been busy as hell, job offered me overtime from last tuesday thru the second of oct when our product is being shipped for release.
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/20/03 05:50 AM
sorry for the wait, ill try and send the money as soon as i possibly can. right now i gotta worry about my car troubles, but i should have it by next week.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/20/03 07:21 PM
alright man, just paypal when you are ready.
Posted By: NewPowerRadio Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/20/03 08:47 PM
I'm in!
I'll take 50 "3mm" and 50 "5mm" in blue. Also some of thoes resistors too.

I just gotta go see if my Pay-Pal account still works.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/21/03 04:56 AM
Got my resistors in the mail today. Thanks again!
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 09/21/03 08:01 PM
Glad to hear it man. I still got some other LEDs and resistors still coming in the mail. For those of you who haven't got them yet.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/02/03 05:22 PM
I'm down for 25 3mm and 25 5mm in blue please

I'm assuming I'll only need 50 resisters at the most too, so will that be $17.50 then?

As far as the resisters go, I want to retain a "stock" look, only blue light instead of green. So will I want the 330 ohm resisters, or the 440?

I'm a litte confused

Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/03/03 09:01 AM
Has anyone else mentioned anything about orange ones? I am looking at the 5mm, 4000 mcd pieces on superbrightled's site. I would be needing 50 of the RL5-O4030 if you can get them. I will get resistors too, but I am unsure of what resistance as of yet. Ill check back tomorrow and get back to you with the needed resistance.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/03/03 10:56 PM
Hallo? Anyone here? GB still on?
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/07/03 02:53 AM
yea, the GB is still on sorta, its pretty much done, but i am still accepting, orders. As for orange LEDs, I will email and find out the MCD of them. As I am sure I can get them from my supplier.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/07/03 04:59 AM
AmberLed(3mm)
OrangeLed(3mm)
RedLed(3mm)
UVLed(3mm)
GreenLed(3mm)
WhiteLed(3mm)
AmberLed(5mm)
Blue(5mm)
GreenLed(5mm)
OceanGreenLed(5mm)
Orange(5mm)
PinkLed(5mm)
RedLed(5mm)
RedLed(5mm)
RBGLed(5mm)
UVLed(5mm)
WhiteLed(5mm))
MilkBlueLed(5mm)
MilkRedLed(5mm)
MilkWhiteLed(5mm)
BlueLed(8mm)
GreenLed(8mm)
WhiteLed(8mm)
BlueLed(10mm)

I will also get prices on all of these for you guys. so if you want anything just tell me. These are all the LEDs I can get.
Posted By: tttc Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/07/03 07:14 AM
Hey got any pics of some of these different colors lit up? I might get some of them if i could see them.
UVLed(3mm)
MilkBlueLed(5mm)
MilkRedLed(5mm)
MilkWhiteLed(5mm)
OceanGreenLed(5mm)
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/07/03 08:10 AM
As for orange LEDs, I will email and find out the MCD of them. As I am sure I can get them from my supplier.

As soon as you can find out, I will transfer the $$. Its already sitting in my paypal account.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/07/03 02:07 PM
Originally posted by rkneeshaw:

I'm assuming I'll only need 50 resisters at the most too, so will that be $17.50 then?

As far as the resisters go, I want to retain a "stock" look, only blue light instead of green. So will I want the 330 ohm resisters, or the 440?

I'm a litte confused

I'd like to order these, and still wanted to know what resister I should order too. Did I figure the price correctly?
Posted By: DankBud42o Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/07/03 07:03 PM
how much for 25-50 bright blue 3mm led's + S&H?? im ALMOST out of my other ones i bought from u
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/08/03 01:46 AM

I'm a litte confused

I'd like to order these, and still wanted to know what resister I should order too. Did I figure the price correctly?

330 is the ones you want. the total would be 17.50 on the dot.

Originally posted by tttc:
Hey got any pics of some of these different colors lit up? I might get some of them if i could see them.
UVLed(3mm)
MilkBlueLed(5mm)
MilkRedLed(5mm)
MilkWhiteLed(5mm)
OceanGreenLed(5mm)

Yup, here's the link, just put up for you guys.
LED Pictures

Originally posted by ExDelayed:
As for orange LEDs, I will email and find out the MCD of them. As I am sure I can get them from my supplier.

As soon as you can find out, I will transfer the $$. Its already sitting in my paypal account.

As for the MCD, I still don't know at this time, I asked for a more complete list of MCD values, and prices for other products they just started getting. So please, ask any questions you may have. Also, remember, I have resistors in practically any size.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/08/03 01:48 AM
7.50-15.00, for 25-50 blue ones. If just posted pictures of the LEDs, in the post above yours. If you hurry now, I can order them with the ones, I am about to order.
Posted By: DankBud42o Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/08/03 04:33 AM
im down, do u have any 3mm blue left? those had a nicer blue color to them.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/08/03 06:16 AM
As for the MCD, I still don't know at this time, I asked for a more complete list of MCD values, and prices for other products they just started getting. So please, ask any questions you may have. Also, remember, I have resistors in practically any size.

Viewing angle is of no real issue, but a wider angle will be better then a narrow one. The 5mm pieces would be easier for me to work with, but the 3mm LEDs would work with a little spacing. All I need are the voltage specs, MCD and price. Of course, I will be ordering the corresponding resistors with these.

EDIT: Looking at the pics, amber would likely be a better choice then orange. The 5mm orange units look like they are pushing an almost red wavelength. Dont want to get everything together just to get cited.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/08/03 01:03 PM
Coolio, payment sent for 25 3mm blue, 25 5mm blue, and 50 330 ohm resisters.

Thanks!!
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/09/03 02:24 AM
so should i add resistors to each non stock location. is the door metal a good ground?
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/09/03 05:05 AM
I have plenty of leds, I order them from my supplier. I when I make some more money at work, I am gonna preorder a bunch of them, so I can send them to everyone right away.

As for the angles of the leds. the angles are 18% on the 3mm and 22% on the 5mm leds. the voltage is 3.5v.
Blue MCD3000
Red MCD1500
Green MCD4000
Clear MCD5000

also, recieved your payment and order your LEDs.

if you add any leds in that there wasn't before, you need to put a resistor in, otherwise you will blow the LED. Not fun trust me.

I got prices, on the amber LEDs also, I do agree the orange ones look a little red, the amber leds are 20.00 for 50. and a dollar off for every 100 you buy. I will be updating the list of prices on the LED page I put up for everyone.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/09/03 05:49 AM
I added prices to everything, some still don't have prices, since they are in limited supply and, I can only get more then 500 made at a time (those that have N/A next to them).
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/09/03 10:47 PM
I dont have a picture of the 3mm blue leds, but they are included with the picture of the 5mm blue leds.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/10/03 12:52 AM
Any news on the amber?
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/10/03 02:46 AM
As for the angles of the leds. the angles are 18% on the 3mm and 22% on the 5mm leds. the voltage is 3.5v. the amber ones are 2600 and the orange are 2400
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/10/03 06:23 PM
LEDs go as followed:
(prices bases on 50pcs and shipping)
3mm and 5mm sizes avaible!
Blue $15.00 MCD3000 3.5v
Red $19.00 MCD1500 3.5v
Green $15.00 MCD4000 3.5v
Clear $20.00 MCD5000 3.5v

50, 5mm amber pieces and the proper resistors please. Get me the price and I will send the cash when I get home from work tonite.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/11/03 09:00 PM
for the 5mm amber leds, it would be 20.00 plus 2.50 for 50 resistors.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/11/03 09:21 PM
I was wondering if anyone wanted to be able to buy smaller amounts of LEDs then 25 packs. I am thinking about overing 10 packs of LEDs, at a little higher price but still less then a 25 pack. ex a 25 pack of blue leds would be 7.50, a 10 pack would be 4.00. I am still not sure the exact prices, but i just wanted to see if anyone would be interested. If so, I am gonna order 100, of the main colors, 50 of each size.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/12/03 08:06 AM
for the 5mm amber leds, it would be 20.00 plus 2.50 for 50 resistors.

Paypal'd
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/12/03 06:17 PM
Okay, I ordered them.
Posted By: NewPowerRadio Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/16/03 04:59 PM
Just got mine today.

Thanks
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/20/03 03:51 AM
Okay, after work tomorrow the last three orders or LEDs are shipping out. I had an order get lost. But, I had them reship them, So those are due in a few days, so I took some out of my stash and am shipping them. Thank you to everyone who has help make this a successful GB. If any of you have pictures, please email me them, my email addresss is the same as my paypal email address. I will post pictures if you would like.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/21/03 04:47 AM
i will have pics soon. i havent done the switches conversion yet but installed custom switches w/ the leds as "on" indicators. i'm praying everything works. its all wired up but wont know til my audio system is completed.
Posted By: silvercsvt Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/21/03 05:10 PM
hey man about the leds i could use 2 blue ones ans in 100 pcs wtih the right resistors
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/22/03 01:18 AM
So 200 leds. the blue ones are 15.00 for each pack of 50. 29.00 for a pack of 100, and for 200 its 57.00
Posted By: DevKustoms Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/22/03 02:59 PM
is this gb still alive...i got got a beautiful E0 i believe and im looking for cheap interior mods.
Posted By: BlackSleeper Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/22/03 03:07 PM
could someone pm me if this group buy is still going. I want to get 100 Blue led's
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/23/03 01:40 AM
the GB is pretty much dying down. But orders are still welcome, check out the price page on the products that I have ( here ) You should be able to find what you want. I also have resistors.
Posted By: DevKustoms Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/23/03 05:04 AM
is it possible to get half n half 3mm n 5mm blue leds in the same package...with corresponding resistors as well?? cuz i have in mind a few places where i would want diff sizes...and i have a friend who might get some of them too and im sure hell want the same...
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/24/03 02:12 AM
yup as long as you order 50 or more LEDs. I am pretty flexible with that. If you wanted 53 leds, I would do it, but nothing under 50. I dont get discount if i dont sell 50 packs. which would make you pay much more. and thats no fun.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/24/03 04:16 AM
Got a envelope with LEDs today. Thanks!
Posted By: DevKustoms Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/24/03 05:15 AM
i want 25 @ 3mm, and 25 @ 5mm w/resistors...i will order then next friday if thats ok...just give me price and stuff and ill pm you when payment is ready
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/25/03 01:42 AM
$15.00 for the 50 LEDs, and 2.50 for 50 resistors.
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 10/31/03 07:02 PM
Hey guys, I just got a deal from my leds and resistor supplier, I can get resistors for .02 each, which is much cheaper then normal, thats 50 for 1.00 I have it for a limited time. So if anyone wants to order it please send money paypal with resistor value also!
Posted By: crusinmercury Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 11/16/03 07:51 AM
Is this groupbuy still active or dead, I'm interested in some LEDs and resistors for interior / exterior experimantation
Posted By: auiotour Re: LEDs interest GB5 - 11/16/03 11:31 PM
I am always open if you want LEDs. visit http://coverstoryrock.com/auiotour/leds.html, find what you want (prices are for 50 packs) and then send paypal to auiotour@comcast.net, and send me a PM otherwise I wont see it for a day or so. If you want resistors they are 100 for 5.00 or 2.50 for 50. any value you want. 330 is recommended, 440 if you want them to be a little dimmer. Because they are bright. if you got anymore questions PM or post here, I will check it and reply asap
© CEG Archives