Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVTCuervo SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 07/31/03 06:44 PM
I've become a Spec dealer and now would like to start my Motorsports business off with a Group Buy. This Group Buy will be for the SPEC Clutches and/or Flywheel. The Flywheel is nearly the same weight as a Findanza and all these products are built to the highest quality. If you don't thing these prces are amazing then just check out SP motorsports or any other store selling SPEC:

2.5L Duratec

Flywheel = $350

Stage 1 = $300

Stage 2 = $350

Stage 3 = $375

Stage 4 = $385

Stage 5 = $420

2.0 Zetec

Stage 1 = $275

Stage 2 = $310

Stage 3 = $325

Stage 4 = $350

If I am to get 25 orders or more I'll drop the prices even more. you'll NEVER find anyone offering the deals to you this price.

Posted By: onosway Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 07/31/03 07:39 PM
I love how GB's come together while my engine is out of the car
Posted By: bamf2go Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 07/31/03 10:05 PM
I know for certain someone who will offer me the spec stage 2 and flywheel for $700. It's an AWESOME deal by all means, I'm just saying...
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 07/31/03 10:21 PM
Originally posted by bamf2go:
I know for certain someone who will offer me the spec stage 2 and flywheel for $700. It's an AWESOME deal by all means, I'm just saying...

I don't get it. The stage2 is 350 and the flywheel is 350. Total 700. Am i missing something?
Whre were you two weeks ago when I ordered all my stuff? Just got a Stage 3 and a flywheel...anyways it's all going in in a week or so with a torsen and maybe a Capaldi FD
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/01/03 02:48 AM
And those who order will not have to wait. When you order, I'll have Spec drop shipp your orders ASAP so there will be no wait, and there is no minimum to the number of orders. If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks

Also ANY product available on Spec's Website can be bought through me for a discounted price. PM me for different vehicles.
Posted By: Freakshow Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/01/03 11:43 PM
I'm in for a Stage2 no flywheel...any clue what shipping is gonna run to NM? BTW Cuervo thanks for answering all my stupid pm questions on this.
One last thing...I'm assuming that since you're a big time parts dealer now you accept credit cards?
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/02/03 06:41 AM
I've gotten a several orders already but since I have no minimum to order, I won't be making a list. But I'll be sure to let ya'll know of a price drop if we get alot. As I said before I can get any anything from Spec for ya'll, and as soon as ALLLLLLL my paper work it done, I'll be opening up the website to Ram Motorsports, where I'll have the hook up for all my fellow CEG'ers
When you say clutch, do you mean just the disk, or the clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing??? I think I will be in the market for one soon. What are the difference in the different degrees?? I had a Centerforce in the old Probe that "grabbed" very nice without giving high pedal effort. Is that pretty much the same???
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/03/03 06:39 AM
Originally posted by wontgrowup:
When you say clutch, do you mean just the disk, or the clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing??? I think I will be in the market for one soon. What are the difference in the different degrees?? I had a Centerforce in the old Probe that "grabbed" very nice without giving high pedal effort. Is that pretty much the same???

These are complete kits that include pressure plate, disk, bearings and tools. The differnce in degrees can be seen here:

SPEC Performance Stage One Clutch Kits - designed to be a driver-friendly, performance-oriented stock replacement clutch kit. Features a unique performance pressure plate and a full-face, sprung hub disc with steel-backed woven organic friction material. Stock pedal pressure with smooth engagement.

SPEC Performance Stage Two Clutch Kits - designed for the aggressive street driver and/or weekend autocrosser. Features a unique performance pressure plate and a sprung hub disc with segmented ("windowed"), chatter-free 100% Kevlar friction material. Slightly firmer than stock pedal pressure with smooth engagement.

SPEC Performance Stage Three Clutch Kits - designed for very aggressive street, autocross, road and drag racing. Features a unique performance pressure plate and a sprung hub, 4-puck carbon/ceramic friction material disc. Firm pedal pressure, aggressive engagement but still streetable. Good for supercharged street cars.

These clutches are built to the highest qualitly and will "grab" wonderfully lol. Any more questions feel free to ask. Thanks
I was brain-dead after driving all day yesterday, and I couldn't think of a synonym for "grab" My younger brother had a stage three Centerforce clutch in his "strip" SE-R and that was TOOOOO much....Something in between would be nice. Now does that price include shipping as well?? Sorry if I missed that in the thread.
Posted By: svt4b Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/03/03 07:48 PM
cuervo...dealer
im pulling my tranny soon cause its being gay...well thats if i get approved for a loan! i want to put a stage 2 or 3 in and an LSD while im in there. what would you recommend for about 250ish NA and a lead foot?? how hard is the stage3?
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/04/03 06:26 AM
Well I've seen alot of guys running the stage 3, but they autoX alot and make frequent trips to the strip. Personally I'm gonna put in a stage2, spec flywheel, and a Quaife. Yes I'll be selling Quaife as well . If you need some good reasearch on which clutch to use, then just PM me and I can help you out. Thanks
I'm in for a spec 1 and maybe the flywheel if the fidanza gp doesn't pan out.
I have to get tranny worked on also. I'd be in for a spec stage 2.
Posted By: svt4b Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/04/03 02:37 PM
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
Well I've seen alot of guys running the stage 3, but they autoX alot and make frequent trips to the strip. Personally I'm gonna put in a stage2, spec flywheel, and a Quaife. Yes I'll be selling Quaife as well . If you need some good reasearch on which clutch to use, then just PM me and I can help you out. Thanks

you rock cuervo....i sent you a PM. its about time to make that tranny *chirp*
Posted By: shaggz Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/04/03 03:00 PM
I might be in on a stage 2 and a flywheel. By the way how much will you be selling the Quaife's for?

98 CSVT RED
MODS:INTAKE,EXHAUST AND B&M SHORT SHIFTER
FUTURE MODS:OPTIMIZED THROTTLE BODY,CLUTCH,FLYWHEEL AND QUAIFE
ALSO SAVING UP FOR A STREET FLIGHT TURBO KIT!!!
Posted By: sjsmk1 Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/04/03 03:04 PM
Seriously considering a stage 3 and flywheel, but do we know the weight of the flywheel in comparison to the fidanza (11.5 lbs), because in this case a few pounds makes all the difference??
fidanza is 9lbs
Posted By: Freakshow Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/04/03 03:43 PM
Originally posted by sjsmk1:
Seriously considering a stage 3 and flywheel, but do we know the weight of the flywheel in comparison to the fidanza (11.5 lbs), because in this case a few pounds makes all the difference??

You probably got that off of SPMotorsports site but it is incorrect. If you check Fidanza's homepage and download the mini catalog for flywheels it shows you 9lbs.
Posted By: svt4b Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/04/03 04:53 PM
Originally posted by freakshow:

You probably got that off of SPMotorsports site but it is incorrect. If you check Fidanza's homepage and download the mini catalog for flywheels it shows you 9lbs.

that is correct. actually when i shipped mine from the post office, it came out to under 9 in the package so...
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/04/03 05:56 PM
That seems to be the case with these flywheels. Even though Findanza says 11.5lbs, it is acutally a tad less than 9lbs. The Spec is the exact same, except they actually tell you it a little under 9 lbs .

But as far as ordering goes, when your ready to order, please lets me know and I"ll place your order as soon as I recieve your money. I accept credit cards(pay pal +2.9%), money orders, personal checks(have to clear).............................

OH and if you need a Quaife, PM me and I'll beat any competitors price. Thanks
Posted By: sjsmk1 Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/04/03 09:27 PM
what kind of cost for labor should i anticipate (just in general)for installation of the clutch and flywheel...no need to be exact, just want some estimates from past experiences..Thanks
Once money is received, what kind of ETA are we expecting?

Thanks, My car is waiting to be fixed is why I ask.

Eric
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/04/03 09:41 PM
Originally posted by myfastse:
Once money is received, what kind of ETA are we expecting?

Thanks, My car is waiting to be fixed is why I ask.

Eric

As soon as I recieve the money, I'll have Spec drop ship your order immedialtly so there will be no hang time. Thanks
Posted By: Freakshow Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/04/03 10:08 PM
what kind of cost for labor should i anticipate (just in general)for installation of the clutch and flywheel...no need to be exact, just want some estimates from past experiences..Thanks

I called Ford and the mechanics listed time for swapping the clutch and flywheel is 10 hours. You probably should call some good tranny shops around you to get some quotes based on that time. Ford quoted me $675 (lol yeah right) but I found a reputable tranny shop that will do it for $500. You may be able to find a cheaper deal but I've only got about 3 non stealership shops to choose from and only 2 of those are worth taking my car to.
Posted By: huey3211 Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/05/03 03:23 PM
i am in for a stage 3... my damn clutchmaster clutch went out fast
Originally posted by huey3211:
i am in for a stage 3... my damn clutchmaster clutch went out fast

WOW thought clutchmasters was good..
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/05/03 04:34 PM
Ok guys I've contacted most people who have posted. If your ready to order, then just PM me and we'll get you set up. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/06/03 04:51 AM
Well guys it seems to be goin really well so far. Spec has informed me that they have plenty of these clutches and flywheels in stock so we can expect quick delivery and since this isn't a "Group Buy" you won't have to wait to recieve your products. Thanks
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/07/03 07:02 AM
Originally posted by louisw:
I'm in for a spec 1 and maybe the flywheel if the fidanza gp doesn't pan out.

I'm glad I'm not the only person considering a stage 1...
I just ordered stage 2 and the flywheel. I can't wait. The diff went about 3 weeks ago and I am suffering with out my car. Hurry up SPEC and ship me my stuff.

Thanks SVTCuervo!!!!

Just to give a heads up to some people. How many companies do you really think make a flywheel for our cars?
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/09/03 06:34 AM
Just to answer a few questions you all have been asking:

1.)Shipping has been running around $10-15 for one clutch and around $15-20 for two clutches or a clutch and a flywheel.

2.)These can be shipped next day if desired

3.)Average weight of each clutch is a little less than 25lb.s

4.)Flywheels weigh slightly less than 9lbs.

5.) I accept Credit Cards, Money Orders, and Cashiers Checks.

Thanks
Posted By: Sprigg Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/11/03 09:35 PM
Im in for a Stage 2 for an SVT and a Flywheel.
Posted By: RyeLou Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/14/03 05:50 PM
Is this still going? I might be interested if it still is. haha, sorta like the Fidanza one. Who can get me their product first though?!
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/14/03 08:03 PM
yes this is still on and I can have those shipped as soon as you order.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/20/03 02:58 AM
Ok guys thanks for all the orders. I don't think SPEC had ever sold so many Stage 2 for the Contour before lol. For all the ones who missed it, THESE PRICES WILL BE GOOD TILL THE END OF AUGUST. After that the Official RamMotorsports web site should be up. Thanks
Posted By: sjsmk1 Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/26/03 08:45 PM
Count me in on the stage 2 and flywheel for a 1996 2.0L zetec. Not sure if my PM's are working so if you dont get one Cuervo hit me up on how to order.
THESE PRICES WILL BE GOOD TILL THE END OF AUGUST. After that the Official RamMotorsports web site should be up. Thanks

are the prices gonna go up? if so how much?
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: SPEC Clutch and Flywheel V6 and Zetec - 08/27/03 02:34 AM
Originally posted by dubkatz:
THESE PRICES WILL BE GOOD TILL THE END OF AUGUST. After that the Official RamMotorsports web site should be up. Thanks

are the prices gonna go up? if so how much?

Hopefully by then I'll have my website up and all prices will be dictated through there. This like a Opening Sale that last for the month of August. thanks
SVTCuervo, what's the current price on these parts, and with the Torsen added on?
© CEG Archives