Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: silverbullit custom built fiberglass box - 07/20/03 07:00 PM
I designed a box for my 1999 SVT Contour, and I was wondering if anybody would be interested in one for their car. the box is made for the Contour, or the Mystique, and is fiberglassed into the trunk flush two inches above the carpet line. I made one for my car that is 3.78 cf, and I have two 12 inch Audiobahn (ALUM12Q subs). There are no air leaks gauranteed, there is around 180 ounces of resin molded with the fiberglass mat, and around 8-10 hours invested. I built a large frame to out-line the wheel well area then laid 3/4 inch medium density fiberboard on top. Depending on the speakers, I can build a sealed box for two, three, or four 10 or 12 inch subs. Please note that The box would be shipped without carpet.
I can post pics if somebody can host them. Depending on how many people would be interested, I will be selling the box for $250-$300, and buyer pays all shipping charges. Send me an E-mail and let me know if anybody would be interested at svtnos2002@aol.com
Posted By: silverbullit Re: custom built fiberglass box - 07/20/03 08:24 PM
here are some pics.

Posted By: silverbullit Re: custom built fiberglass box - 07/20/03 08:32 PM
Here is the unfinished setup, the happy juice will sit on top of the box after every thing is carpeted.
Posted By: SVTmiagi Re: custom built fiberglass box - 07/21/03 04:45 AM
so the subs face down?...how does this sound?
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: custom built fiberglass box - 07/21/03 06:31 AM
That looks interesting but lets say if you flipped your box around how would you keep the speakers from getting damaged from lets say... grocies, spare tires possably if you want to lay that on top of the box (I dont know if that would be a good idea or not but i kinda want to keep my spare with me), or just anything else likes a 4way, ect... ect... ect...?
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: custom built fiberglass box - 07/21/03 03:02 PM
Can you mount the subs facing upwards? I'd rather have a usable trunk? Can you mount one 12 or two 10's rather than two 12's?

I'm pretty interested so far.
Posted By: silverbullit Re: custom built fiberglass box - 07/21/03 05:35 PM
The speakers can be faced either way. You get the same sound out of them. I can build a box for one 12 inch sub, thats no problem. Different audio companys like Alpine, Kicker, Boston acoustics, and Audiobahn make grills that would help protect the subs. Sorry, no more spare tire. This is a perfect box if you want a excellent sound without taking up all your trunk space. For smaller applications like one sub, I will not charge as much money. It's all about materials and time.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: custom built fiberglass box - 07/22/03 08:17 AM
Originally posted by silverbullit:
The speakers can be faced either way. You get the same sound out of them. I can build a box for one 12 inch sub, thats no problem. Different audio companys like Alpine, Kicker, Boston acoustics, and Audiobahn make grills that would help protect the subs. Sorry, no more spare tire. This is a perfect box if you want a excellent sound without taking up all your trunk space. For smaller applications like one sub, I will not charge as much money. It's all about materials and time.

I assume the box is removeable? Is it sealed? How flush can you get the box if I use a single 12? I'm planning on using my JL 12W6 if I decide to purchase one, but I wouldn't be able to purchase right away, so I don't want to string you along if I cannot purchase this in the next couple of months.

Posted By: silverbullit Re: custom built fiberglass box - 07/22/03 05:42 PM
I can finish a box in a week or two. I could make the box flush to the original carpet . All boxes can be sealed or ported upon request. This is a removable box. E-mail me at svtnos2002@aol.com , and I will give you a price that can't be matched.
Posted By: CLASSVT Re: custom built fiberglass box - 07/22/03 06:29 PM
So all I'm seeing is stop signs. I guess if someone can correct this then I might be interested.
Posted By: OUTLAW13MW_dup1 Re: custom built fiberglass box - 07/23/03 01:30 AM
I want one! I would like to see some pics tho. PM me and I'll give you my e-mail, and also the specifics of what I would like.
Thanks,
Mike
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: custom built fiberglass box - 07/25/03 05:27 AM
Originally posted by silverbullit:
I can finish a box in a week or two. I could make the box flush to the original carpet . All boxes can be sealed or ported upon request. This is a removable box. E-mail me at svtnos2002@aol.com , and I will give you a price that can't be matched.

Check your email....

Posted By: Steeda. Re: custom built fiberglass box - 07/25/03 06:28 AM
Very nice Box!!!!!!

Thats a great looking box if you wanna have room but no Spare tire!!!
Posted By: RoeCyris Re: custom built fiberglass box - 10/11/03 05:04 PM
This post kinda went out of site but i was wondering if the deal is still on the table?
Posted By: TadeToad Re: custom built fiberglass box - 10/11/03 06:45 PM
Any pictures yet ?
Posted By: TheRock249 Re: custom built fiberglass box - 10/13/03 10:05 PM
ive seen silverbullit's car in person, these boxes are nice. If you are planning on putting subs in the trunk, definitely get one of these made. Looks amazing.
Posted By: path914 Re: custom built fiberglass box - 10/14/03 12:53 AM
Is there any way to see the pics, they show up as no longer available on my pc.
© CEG Archives