Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Okay people:

Kits will start rolling out as soon as we start getting more full payments in. To make your full payment please go to this site for more informatoin -> c27 group buy full payment options

For your information I am going with rear 1 as my primary bumper. In my opinion it looks the best, the second rear is higher than rear 1 (the lowest point being the bottom of my Brullen exhaust). I have rode around town with the first rear without incident - keep in mind that if your car is lowered, you will have to change some of your driving techniques if you havn't already.

I need all payments within two weeks or we will open up upspoken for spots. Terry and myself will try to get a hold of everyone that was in this GB initially.

SHIPPING INFORMATION WILL BE CONFIRMED BY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY from Kaotic Innovations.
Cool, I already knew which bumper I was going with. PMin you with an idea on how to handle getting my kit easier. Thanks.
I don't mean to be rude but you couldn't possibly come up with some better pics of the rear? Those pics are horibble. The second rear pic it is way to dark
Your going to have to get some better pics up before I send my final payment. Not trying to be rude I just I just want a good idea of what I am buying. If the pics are up somewere direct me to them, as I think I have already cheked every place I could.
Nirish,
Could you post a better pic of bumper #2?
It's hard to tell what it looks like...

Thanks!
I can take better pix next time i'm up there which will be in a week or so. Can't really take good pix at night guys. Anyways - if you already know which bumper you want go ahead and send payment and should start rolling out kits soon.
If we are also getting the hood do we wait and pay the balance on both pieces together (since there shipping together)or do you want the balance on the C27 kit first and then take care of the hood later?
Thanks,
Mike
Pay the balance on the bodykit first since it does take money to get materials and all for that part. The day we start your bodykit we will make your hood and deliver. I have the order of things and I will contact you as soon as your kit is ready to go into production so you have time to get us money for the hood.
so 2 weeks from July 18th would make the deadline August 1st right?
I just sent my balance. Please let me know if you get it.
Thanks,
Mike
wow,,,,i know im not in on the group buy.
But i like that, and i cant wait till you start selling it to the public.
I will be buying one of those with the quickness.

http://hometown.aol.com/skt2487/myhomepage/profile.html
Hey whats up, I would like to go with rear #1. Could you let me know how much sipping the kit,and widebody is going to set me back?

Thanks,
Doug
I want one but i'm broke for a while. Can I still get it later??? And for how much???
dudes,

I talked to hydro this morning and he's sending me my payment info this weekend so dont sell my spot! The cash will be there on monday.

conor
Posted By: onosway CLICK NOW! YOUR SHIPPING INFORMATION! - 07/29/03 05:19 AM
Kaotic Innovations Order Fulfillment Guide all the info you need - please read carefully.
wow that's some high shipping costs....you've got PM and email nirish.
Posted By: onosway Re: CLICK NOW! YOUR SHIPPING INFORMATION! - 07/29/03 05:35 AM
For what it is, it's not high.
Yeah I sorta understand and I'm gonna pay it and all, but it's still high to me. So let me know how much shipping is for me (31721) and money will be headed your way.
Posted By: onosway Re: CLICK NOW! YOUR SHIPPING INFORMATION! - 07/29/03 05:59 AM
Teddy Flynt & Matt Holbrook: I can lower your shipment cost to $158.46 if it's a business address.
Posted By: onosway Re: CLICK NOW! YOUR SHIPPING INFORMATION! - 07/29/03 06:05 AM
I will have a better pic of REAR 2 shortly. Sorry about the delay. I was out of town treating myself to some vacation time .
K i'm sorry! I've been dead on the Forums for a while! So is this a GB For people in the HELLA GB, or is this something i missed? Is it open now for anyone? Sorry, but i click on the link provided, but it wasn't much help. Let me know what i'm missing!
Posted By: onosway Re: CLICK NOW! YOUR SHIPPING INFORMATION! - 07/29/03 04:42 PM
Read everything in the link... it's all there. Please read carefully.
Thanks for the good info, shipping cost is on its way.
Posted By: onosway Re: CLICK NOW! YOUR SHIPPING INFORMATION! - 07/29/03 05:14 PM
Originally posted by SVTnKC:
K i'm sorry! I've been dead on the Forums for a while! So is this a GB For people in the HELLA GB, or is this something i missed? Is it open now for anyone? Sorry, but i click on the link provided, but it wasn't much help. Let me know what i'm missing!

PM me if theres additional information you need.
Posted By: onosway Re: CLICK NOW! YOUR SHIPPING INFORMATION! - 07/29/03 05:20 PM
Guys:

I just went through a lot of updates as far as updated shipping costs and other stuff. I want you guys to know that I will update that site almost everyday. When production starts you will see updated progress of your kit and when we estimate to ship.

The most transit time in shipping should be about 5 working days.

IF YOU HAVE PAID SHIPPING: the site will updated atleast by the following day if not sooner.
I have the link in my sig now so you can click it whenever you see my name.
Rear 2 looks great - I will have pictures soon. Rear 2 will sit on my 96 most likely but i'll have a spare one for the SVT as well.

Rear 2 is more aggressive than the first one but still flows with the car pretty good - Rear 2 sits a little higher than Rear 1 with the lowest point being my 3" Brullen tips.
So if we send our payments, how soon do you think they might ship? or are you gonna wait until you get a certain amount of payments before you start shipping?

P.S. Living in Michigan is FINALLY starting to pay off
why is living in MI starting to pay off? Am I missing something? Are MI guys shipping as a group?

conor
Michigan guys will be among the first kits to go out as long as everyone pays up including shipping.

Everyone - might as well pay up now and just select the rear you want later to secure a higher spot. I will have better pix of rear 2 up shortly like I said.

I hope you guys like the order fulfillment guide - ya' like how I gave myself some kudos?

Please let me know if there are problems with the list - all the information you need is there.

OK, so i think i got it!~ Will you be producing kits for the Regular body 98+ SVT Contours? If i'm missing something.... sorry
1. are the packages going to be insured.
2. if not, what if any parts of the kit arrive damaged.
Would anybody like to buy my place in this GB? For just the rear and sides? PM me.
Everything is insured upon shipment Please verify all items are included and check for any damages caused by shipping. Kaotic Innovations will not be held responsible for claims after shipment is dropped. If there is a problem have the shipper take the items back at time of drop off and we will take care of the problem.
Can it be there is only one other person besides me that is going for the widebody. That will help make my tour just that much more unique.
And me! Plus I think we're all in completly different regions! I'm in Cali.
Okay Guys - on behalf of Kaotic:

I've been averaging 30 PMs a day in regards to this kit. Here's the scoop. For those of you who KNOW you're in this GB for either rear - please make full payment and just select the rear you want when pictures come up. For those waiting for better pix of rear #2 and are thinking of pulling out or selling your spot please LET US KNOW!

I understand why some of you might be waiting but either way you're getting a kit and we need to collect money for material cost. I'll be going out there this weekend to take new pix and maybe as soon as today but if you know you're going to purchase a kit make full payment to secure your spot.

Any unspoken for spots will be opened to the general public. We've waited 8 months for this kit and now it's finally coming out. Kits can go out as soon as NEXT WEEK as long as the money is in!

Now as a CEGer:

Come on guys! Let's get this baby flying - I feel like a chicken without it's head cut off right now cuz there's nothing happening and we can have kits rolling out of Kaotics shop as soon as next week if the funds come in. Kaotic is not a big company as many of you know - it's two guys working on several cars at a time, if we can get the money in so they can cover material costs and shipping costs your kit will be at your doorstep soon!

IF THERE ARE ANY PROBLEMS LET ME KNOW AND I'LL TALK TO KAOTIC ABOUT IT! Please filter all questions through me since I'm handling this GB or through Terry. I update the OFG daily, for those whose information is not updated properly just give me atleast a week to verify funds from Terry (I can't just go based off your word, understand that and know that I'm doing my best to keep you all happy).

Happy modding.
hey, I'll be sendin my full payment with shipping tomorrow. I was gonna send it earlier but was wating on shipping costs.

-Zack
IF somone wants to sell their spot... PM ME ! let me know price and things and i will most likely be UP to pay!!! THANKS
Posted By: onosway $750 gets you in! click for details! - 08/01/03 09:09 PM
I've decided to open up 7 spots - these are bottom end spots selling for $750 ($100 more than the GB price). Production price after the GB will be $950. This is the last opportunity to get in before production pricing goes into effect in October/November (that's when the kit will be production). Payment instructions can be found in the link provided in my signature.

These will be available until August 13th. After that any unspoken for spots will be closed. Shipping is due closer to your production date but can be paid anytime before hand.

***Serious buyers only - no ifs, ands, "save me a spot"s or buts - you gotta have the cash and purchase.
He Nyce I noticed my name wasn't on the list. I paid some through Terry so maybe he didn't relay the info?
Posted By: onosway Re: $750 gets you in! click for details! - 08/01/03 09:47 PM
Originally posted by livinsvt:
He Nyce I noticed my name wasn't on the list. I paid some through Terry so maybe he didn't relay the info?

Yeah - you're right. My list is old - some information is not current. Please verify with Terry so I can post updated information. Terry is going to get me caught up soon.
Will do thanks.
My shipping money is in the mail.
Posted By: onosway Re: $750 gets you in! click for details! - 08/02/03 09:10 PM
Great! I'll check it Monday.
Posted By: Lazzzy Re: $750 gets you in! click for details! - 08/02/03 09:52 PM
I sent my full payment plus shipping yesterday so please give me confirmation when you recieve it....thx
would it be possible to just buy the front? im sure it wouldnt be feasable right now because of the group buy, but after this group buy would you sell just the front ?
Posted By: onosway Re: $750 gets you in! click for details! - 08/03/03 01:17 AM
Yes..click the link in my sig..read and the info is there.
Anybody want to get in on my spot for just the sides and rear? I want to get in on the pre98 GB. I'll sell it (cost me $75) for the best offer.
Originally posted by nyceboi:

so just the front is $400?
Posted By: onosway Re: $750 gets you in! click for details! - 08/04/03 12:57 AM
Originally posted by SlowNfurious:

so just the front is $400?

INDIVIDUAL PIECES FROM C27 +/-:

Front - $400 (in CF add $200)

that's what it says
hey dudes,
I'm ready to pay but I want a better look at that second bumper before I decide......any chance of those pics in the near future?
Posted By: Bumpin_dup1 Re: $750 gets you in! click for details! - 08/05/03 05:33 AM
I have been in on this group buy since it first started and had payed the $100 deposit at that time. I regret to say that I will be selling my spot to anyone who will pay me the $100 dollar deposit back. If you look at the site my name is Teddy Flynt/Matthew Holbrook showing that I have payed my $100 deposit. I will e-mail terry and let him know if and when I sell my kit who is buying it and change the shipping address. The only reason I have to get out is my car is reaching its' 100th birthday so I don't need to invest this much money when it is likely not to last long. If you are interested in my spot please e-mail me at: matthew_holbrook@hotmail.com

Thanks
Matthew Holbrook
Posted By: onosway Re: CLICK NOW! YOUR SHIPPING INFORMATION! - 08/05/03 07:20 AM
www.kaoticinnovations.com - click on SVT link. Browse the new pics - I put up all the latest pics. There are a lot of pix of rear 2 that were taken as it was progressing. This should be enough to get us off the ground - I need to get payments in or the kit will be delayed indefinatly - we're ready roll but we need funds to cover material costs. Also drool over my widebody progress

The longer you guys wait the longer this GB is going to take.
Posted By: onosway PIX on WEBSITE - 08/05/03 07:24 AM
August 13th is around the corner. You will lose your spot as people come in if people do not pay. Expect an even longer turn around if you choose to wait - you've already made a deposit....
Posted By: Lazzzy Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/05/03 02:58 PM
Everyone please send em soon...My cars in pieces right now and I need the kit asap to finish it up.
Posted By: Superperk_dup1 Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/05/03 03:34 PM
Is the finished pic of the wide body kit installed. Or is that just the c27 kit alone.
Posted By: onosway Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/05/03 03:40 PM
If you look @ the orange contour photoshop image - that is the four piece kit. My car has the widebody on it (any parts on the fender that look like they are primered) except without the extentions on the front bumper and rear bumper (they are on the car just not in those pix)

c27+ = 4 piece kit
Posted By: onosway Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/05/03 04:16 PM
**VARIOUS UPDATES TO THE OFG**

Could everyone please verify their shipping information for me. PM me.
Posted By: MikesStripedSVT Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/05/03 04:32 PM
WTF People, send your money! I gota get my car fixed
Posted By: shaun252 Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/05/03 08:13 PM
I am in terested in the sides and rear if anyone is interested in the front speak up. I already have a front bumper that i am happy with, i just need the sides and rear to go with it. I can work something out with someone.
Posted By: shaun252 Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/05/03 09:59 PM
nevermind that last post wrong gb...my bad too many beers.
Posted By: Lazzzy Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/05/03 10:31 PM
Originally posted by shaun252:
my bad too many beers.

No such thing....
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/06/03 02:59 AM
may be willing to pick up someone's spot, email me at moosehead89@yahoo.com
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/06/03 03:29 AM
Remembering, I'm trying to sell my spot for sides and rear.
Posted By: Doug Christman Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/06/03 10:10 PM
Have you got my shipping $ in the mail yet?
Posted By: onosway Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/07/03 12:02 AM
yup..check the OFG. If anybody talks to Terry regularly please tell him to call me.
Posted By: BadMuther Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/08/03 05:45 PM
If anyone wants to sell there spot PM me and I'll take it off your hands for ya or Nyceboi if there are any open spots let me know and I'll send full payment asap....
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/08/03 06:41 PM
dudes,
I'll have my cash in on monday!

Posted By: Lazzzy Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/08/03 06:41 PM
he opened spots on the website...$750, I think...So send your payment NOW!
Posted By: onosway Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/08/03 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Lazzzy:
he opened spots on the website...$750, I think...So send your payment NOW!

Thank you, that is correct - $750 for open spots plus shipping.
Posted By: GirlieGirlTour98 Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/10/03 09:14 PM
Ive sent all my money and im still not on the list ???????
Posted By: onosway Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/10/03 10:10 PM
Originally posted by GirlieGirlTour98:
Ive sent all my money and im still not on the list ???????

I'm just waiting for Terry to confirm all people since he started it. Just PM me all your info - I havn't gotten payment if you sent it to my PO - I'll check on Monday.
Posted By: lsneo Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/11/03 01:10 AM
y did i get moved down on the list?
Posted By: Lazzzy Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/11/03 03:47 AM
hmmm...I don't understand...people were complainin about how long this gb was takin and now it is about 3 days until the deadline for payment and only 11 people have paid in full? Just wonderin...
Posted By: tom10167 Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/11/03 07:47 AM
I hate to flood the boards, but I am just going to copy and paste what I wrote in the other thread. If this is against forum policies than feel free to move, just keep in mind I am looking out in the best interest for the customer:

WARNING TO ALL BUYING A KAOTIC KIT!!!
I am a Ford Probe owner. I am on this forum to help you guys out. Kaotic did one of these group buys for the Ford Probe about 4 months ago. I ordered a front bumper, and a hood from them, I paid on 4/25...
Have I gotten the parts yet? No.
Have I gotten my $640 back yet? No.
They first said there was a delay with boxes. Then they kept saying this. Then they started saying that it was a delay with the molds, then the boxes, then the shipping, the run-around went on, FOR A WHILE. Obviously. Then, I told them, on a certain Wednesday, I want my money back if you don't ship it by Sunday. They said, ok, it will go out on Friday at the latest. I said fine, I even gave them two extra days, to be nice(After THREE MONTHS of them having my $640.) I called all weekend, because I got no notification of my kit being shipped. I called, no answer, AT ALL, alllllllllll weekend, morning, night, whatever. I left tons of messages with my name, phone number, and a brief message. Then they come to me on Monday on the internet. And I tell them I want my money back, they tell me it's already been shipped, and if I cancel my orderd I will only get ~320 back. That's crap. I found out that their shipper (Yellow Freight) DIDN'T even ship the kit..... Then they go on about a 35% restocking fee. Which is crap, because there were other people waiting for the kits just like me, it's not like it would be a big trouble for them to "restock" it.(Assuming they even made it.) Well, it turns out Tony Novello and Christopher Crofty(Owners of Kaotic, along with Christopher's wife.) don't even have a business license to sell. They have unsafe working condition, but they think that since their shop is online, nobody will ever know. I know a lot of other people who have given money and still not received a kit, or even an update. Then, I decided to contact the BBB ( www.bbb.com ) and file a complaint, Kaotic said they wouldn't answer, and therefore the BBB could do nothing about it. This is technically true, although, refusing to even speak with the BBB makes the company look VERY BAD. I've saved all of my conversations with widebodyprober and tjnovello so if you want them just ask. You might think, well, you're just a newb, you're probably lying.

Why would I lie? I'm just doing this so that YOU GUYS don't get screwed out of the money the way I did. I worked as hard as I could for that money, and they just took it, and they spent it on a vacation. Yes. They spent it on a vacation.
Now they just refuse to even acknowledge my existence, I am out $640. I hope you guys don't make my mistake too.
Don't buy from Kaotic.
Posted By: onosway Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/11/03 07:51 AM
Originally posted by lsneo:
y did i get moved down on the list?

Because I had an old list and there are infact people ahead of you in this GB who paid in full.
Okay:

I work directly with Chris and I don't know about your situation at all but for you to come on to my GB form and shoot down because of your bad experience is uncalled for. I'm not defending anybody in this matter but for a fact I know I'm well respected and have done everything ot make sure this kit gets into the hands of everybody involved.

These kits are top quality - I've seen the other side of posts on Kaotic kits as well on the Probe site and I know other people on your site have been very happy with them. www.probetalk.com

This is more of a customer service issue - and mine has been top notch and I've tried to feed every bit of info as possible.
Yes, you're posting this and still not responding to my im's. Interesting. My particular situation, by this, what you mean is, just about everyone from Probetalk's particular situation, excluding one or two? Literally. I mean, if you're so concerned with customer assistance, why won't you give me my money back? I'm not doubting the quality of the kit, all I'm saying is that you won't send them.
HEY all this is CitatioN10 I'm selling my spot in the Group Buy of this body kit ,It took me over a month to think about if i should do it or not but from the rear, well i decided to....i will most likly get banned again from that Perry guy so i cant login to get any PM'S ...

so if you want it on the GB youll need to Email me @ c10n@yahoo.com
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/11/03 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Lazzzy:
hmmm...I don't understand...people were complainin about how long this gb was takin and now it is about 3 days until the deadline for payment and only 11 people have paid in full? Just wonderin...

This is why I pushed them to start taking payments earlier. It was only a matter of time that we had the "Oh btw, I have to drop out, I need an oil change"

And to reply to Tom - While we appreciate your info with your expiriences, Nyce lives very close to Kaotic, he has conducted several group buys here and has been on these boards for awhile, I am confident that he would not allow this to happen during this GB. There have been many bumps in the road, but it has progressed.

As for your particular situation, I know its frustrating to order something online and to have it delayed. You may be better off just waiting a bit more for the kit, then once you recieve it, simply sell it if you no longer care to use it. If they have acknowledged your payment, then they should ship the item.
Posted By: tom10167 Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/11/03 05:20 PM
Well, like I said, it's not just "my" situation.... it's almost everyone on Probetalk's who was involved in the Bulk Buy.. The fact that they won't even acknowledge me shows how their customer service is.
Tony Novello(Co owner) is a mega moderator, with a few thousand posts on Probetalk. He is/was pretty respected on Probetalk. Listen, I can't force you, but is it REALLY worth the risk that I and SO MANY others have taken, and failed??
Posted By: tom10167 Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/11/03 05:26 PM
http://probetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1701025016

There's the link, it's a lot, but believe me. Notice how the topic got closed right when people started catching on?
tom10167 = beatjunkie08
Posted By: onosway Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/11/03 05:39 PM
Originally posted by tom10167:
http://probetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1701025016

There's the link, it's a lot, but believe me. Notice how the topic got closed right when people started catching on?
tom10167 = beatjunkie08

btw, i'm not Chris and you havn't IM'd me.
Posted By: tom10167 Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/11/03 05:48 PM
Well can you get my money back? You don't have an AIM name listed..
Originally posted by banned7times:
HEY all this is CitatioN10 I'm selling my spot in the Group Buy of this body kit ,It took me over a month to think about if i should do it or not but from the rear, well i decided to....i will most likly get banned again from that Perry guy so i cant login to get any PM'S ...

so if you want it on the GB youll need to Email me @ c10n@yahoo.com

Gotta respect that screen name don't you?

Hey guys, I'm sending in my payment soon. Sorry about the delay, I've just dropped alot of money into the damn car for the timing belt, twice in one month.
Just a friendly reminder - deadline for secure spots is just around the corner.

Some of you guys will be getting a big o' box of joy soon!
Posted By: onosway Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/11/03 06:25 PM
Well can you get my money back? You don't have an AIM name listed..

I'll talk to Chris - but I still see your situation as an isolated incident - please take this discussion off my forums and atleast PM me on the site.

Also - you're talking about timliness of shipping here? Your group buy started in May 2003- we started ours last October/November. Talk about waiting - and no complaints here bro - sorry but you're arguing against the wrong crowd. I've monitored our progress throughout the entire GB and can tell you that we've made good progress considering all the stuff we've had to deal with since this whole thing started. I havn't had my car for that long too!

All good things come to those who wait.
Posted By: tom10167 Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/11/03 06:33 PM
Right, well, I hope you like waiting, because it's going to stay that way for a long time.... like, forever. The bulk buy started in March, I ordered in April.
Posted By: onosway Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/11/03 07:11 PM
Right, well, I hope you like waiting, because it's going to stay that way for a long time.... like, forever. The bulk buy started in March, I ordered in April.

what are you like 16?
Posted By: Lazzzy Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 08/11/03 07:22 PM
what are you like 16?

Hey I'm 17 ... but I'll be 18 in October!!!
I have a kit avail for $650 - it's a take over so PM me if you are dead serious.
hey, I was talking to terry and he told me that i can pay the shiping when it arives is this true. please let me know thanks it will be better for me
In what way is my age relevant to company theft? Did I say theft? I mean policy. They told me today they sent out a check for $500, to me. We'll see.
nyceboi.. email me nosstang331@aol.com.. interested

Tom, I'm 17 and nirish (nyceboi) has done a lot to help me out on getting my kit. They are doing something for us that no other company would even think about doing (especially at this price). The work chris and nirish are putting into this is beyond what you'd probably do for a bunch of strangers. If you have a serious problem that needs attention and you get ahold of nyceboi in a correct way (not trashing him in his GB post) then maybe he can help you out. And citation10, are you gonna "sell" your spot in the GB just like you've "sold" other things on here? ("send me money, receive nothing in return") Thanks nyceboi for everything you've done. Thanks terry for getting this started. And thanks chris for putting your hard work into making a great product.
hey nirish i sent in my shippin money today. ahh dont loose my spot.
ehh just an idea, has anyone ever thought of molding the mirko splitter to the front bumper, how would that look?
ehh just an idea, has anyone ever thought of molding the mirko splitter to the front bumper, how would that look?

some people have, looks great should have came with one stock - looks awesome.
tom, check your PM's. Thank you.

I think hes talking about to your front bumper not the svt front bumper...
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:

I think hes talking about to your front bumper not the svt front bumper...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... only one person has the front bumper so not enough people in the masses have had a chance to try.
13th is tomorrow All payments postmarked on or before the 13th will have a secure spot.

WE ARE SHIPPING KITS SOON - all spots unspoken for will be pushed to the back. It takes time to lay out these kits and if you're not on my list of paid people you kit will take even longer.

For those who have made transactions with Terry - please tell him to call me since I can't get a hold of him.

I will update my buyer list by tomorrow night. Do not message me before saying you're not on the list until I update it.
Also, for tomorrow:

If you don't see your name on the list it means I don't have any payments from you yet. If anybody can get a hold of Terry please let him know to call me at home - I am missing a lot of information and I am not just going to put peoples names on the list without confirmation from him. Thank you.

This is urgent - kits will be delayed to those who paid Terry unless I get confirmation and funds from him.
Like I said, as soon as this darn check clear my bank, I will send you the money.
Hopefully it will be today or tomorrow.
I'm #14 Steve Jones
Have you received the rest of my payment?
I hope you don't push those who have kits to the back, that have uncontrollable circimstances!
mine and leo's money should have been their by now
is mine in yet? damm houston mail runs late,
Updated:

Please post any problems via PM not on here. Click the link below to verify any information pertaining to you. All payment info is current - no other payments recieved as of today. I will check my PO tomorrow for other payments.
If you're not in the GB and want in PM me.
OFG updates
The kit looks good.

Just a pondering thought, are there any pictures of the kit on any other cars? I'm not sure if I read in there some where if a kit had been mailed out yet or not. Also, I wasn't to sure about the rear bumpers, is the picture on the first page the #1 bumper and the more aggressive one in the later pages #2? Thanks for you help.

Wish I had seen this sooner
i have a quick question, my name was originally on the order fulfillment guide with leo's but it isn't now. is it because he sent in the money altogether?
I don't know why they don't have your name up there anymore. I was kinda wondering the same thing.
I'm keeping my records like this - split kits are decided on private party side - I just put the name of the person who it's be delivered too. I don't need the added confusion on my side.
okay. thanks
if any of you have some red side skirts for sale (b/c ur getting these new ones with the kit) svt or se skirts will do pm me!

-b-rad
Alright, call me lazy. But what is the E.T.A. on the kits to be delivered?
I'm still waiting on word about what shipping will be to Hawaii. Nyceboi you said there are 2 of us right???

Keep me informed, I've made request to those on the board if someone wants to take my place but I highly prefer someone who has a Mirko Splitter that I can make a fair trade with. I may still stay with this GB depending on shipping results, ect. Mahalo.....Micah
Alrighty all you SVT folks out there.. need something to do with that useless SVT bumper, sideskirt pair, and rear bumper?? Why of course you do! I'm currently searching out an SVT 'kit' that's in worthy condition.

Just think, you'd be able to get that new kit for very cheap, maybe even free....(with the cash turn-a-round and all that is).

Think about it.. and please PM me if you are interested in my offer. Thanks yall.
if any of you have some red side skirts for sale (b/c ur getting these new ones with the kit) svt or se skirts will do pm me!

-b-rad

just thought id put that up again :-D i need some skirts baaaad
updates to OFG
Okay, for those that paid shipping and are PAID IN FULL as per the OFG we will start producing kits and shipping as soon as early next week.

The day we ship out your kit I will PM you with an estimated day of arrival. Remember to use the procedures in the OFG when recieving your kit. Please POST PIX!

We would like to thank Matt (SpeedDemon) for the kudos and also to commend him on the great job he's done on his car with our c27 front bumper!
Micah, I'm still working on getting a shipping rate - I've been handling school stuff and I work in the day so it's been hard for me to get to a phone. I will have your answer by weeks end!

We would like to thank Matt (SpeedDemon) for the kudos and also to commend him on the great job he's done on his car with our c27 front bumper!

thank you guys for everything! was well worth the wait and the road trip!
can you just BUY the HOOD? i want that hood! do you guys also make it in Carbon Fiber? just currious! thanks!

Andy
Yes we do - check my posts on that in production pricing
Okay, for those that paid shipping and are PAID IN FULL as per the OFG we will start producing kits and shipping as soon as early next week.

*Homer simpson voice* BUT I WANT IT NOW!!! */Homer simpson voice*
Is it possible for others to buy the new bodykit from your company? Or did u have to be envolved with the GB from the start? This kit looks really cool, how much would it be for front rear bumper and sideskirts? IF you are selling these kits to other CEG users. Just wondering because i may be able to put some money forth in the future.
PM me.
well any news on how its goin?
Hey nyceboi, i PM'd u and i have gotten no reply, i take it that getting this body kit in the future or even now isnt possible?
Originally posted by LuckySVT:
Hey nyceboi, i PM'd u and i have gotten no reply, i take it that getting this body kit in the future or even now isnt possible?

the body kit will still be available after the GB is over for a price of $950.

From looking at their site I THINK they have a few GB spots left for the price of $750.

I'm sure nyceboi will correct me if I'm wrong but I think thats how it is...
has it started shippin yet?
Any new pic's of the widebody yet? Or a tracking #? Sorry I just want this kit on before winter.

Hell isnt completely frozen yet
Any updates?

Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:

Hell isnt completely frozen yet

Which smiley do I use after reading that comment?

or

can we get some answers plz.
We really do need a update. Please at least keep us informed, since you do have quite a bit of our money.
man!I was hoping to see you guys sporting kits next year.I
think your looking at 2005
we're working on them. Mike's kit is going out next week and then we should be shipping one kit after the next everyday. Understand that THIS IS A GROUP BUY AND A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVN'T PAID YET - remember we needed 30 people to secure the $650 price.... guess what people? we havn't met that and we're still selling these for $650. They're going out in the order on the website.

I don't have a lot of time to be online so you'll have to reach me on CEG-PM. I will most likely be online once a week with school starting. I do ignore questions I've already answered here.

those people in on the emblem group buy - those are going on this week too. thanks to those who stuck in there (which is everybody so far). i've got way too much stuff going on and regret getting into that project but they're finally all done and going out.

I have a life outside of your browser.

Thats the new quote of the year!!!

Can't wait to get my kit!!!

LIES!
nyceboi check your pm's

Here's your update *sarcasim* just kidding

First kit will roll out next week. Also for those who ordered the hood or widebody expect it to ship together and in the order you are listed in the OFG. Should something come up I will contact you otherwise I will post here the date of your shipment and expected arrival time. Deal?
u spelled sarcasm wrong.....

u spelled you wrong

any MI dudes know if were still getting ours in a mega shipment?
you spelled Michigan wrong. j/k/
Nyceboi, please check the GB Thread for the hoods. Haven't heard from you since 8/22. Thanks.

-Bishop
Originally posted by Conor7seven:

I would like to know this as well. When is the last time anyone talked to Hydro????
guys we are starting to ship out, anyone who has not confirmed their order is in danger of loosing their spot in the group buy and will end up paying full price for the kit

We still have 15 guys that have not confirmed their spots, and we have not received money for. remember this is a group buy the price of the kit that was given was set on the number of people buying the kit. Not how many would like to see it made.

We want to provide the best of the aftermarket to you uys but we also need cooperation from the board. If you say you want a kit buy it. Do not throw off the sales count by saying yea i want one and then backing out.

Thank you for your time and cooperation. The widebody and hood will be open soon too. the kit will be saling to the public at the end of this month
sweet -how long does the process take - how many per week go out?

i just hired a new guy so between three people i hope to keep 2-3 a week going out
but we need the rest of these guys to give up the dollars to move this along...its unfortuante that people try to stiff a company when the company can give you so much more in terms of aftermarket parts, such as the lambo hinge kit i have for the contour and the exhaust set up we research, the all wheel drive research and many other options for looks and speed.... , the guys who came through will be pleased with quality and fit to no end.......the rest well we will get your business through some form...
Originally posted by Crofty59:
i just hired a new guy so between three people i hope to keep 2-3 a week going out
but we need the rest of these guys to give up the dollars to move this along...its unfortuante that people try to stiff a company when the company can give you so much more in terms of aftermarket parts, such as the lambo hinge kit i have for the contour and the exhaust set up we research, the all wheel drive research and many other options for looks and speed.... , the guys who came through will be pleased with quality and fit to no end.......the rest well we will get your business through some form...

There is obviously an overwhelming want for these kits and a support of your business. Just because a few guys who said 'yes' to a group by 6 MONTHS ago didnt come through does NOT speak for the rest of the community. I have to say that this kit is great and If I had the money Id for sure buy a hood after its over. Keep up the good work , but dont jump to conclusions too quickly.
Originally posted by DimitriPopov:

There is obviously an overwhelming want for these kits and a support of your business. Just because a few guys who said 'yes' to a group by 6 MONTHS ago didnt come through does NOT speak for the rest of the community. I have to say that this kit is great and If I had the money Id for sure buy a hood after its over. Keep up the good work , but dont jump to conclusions too quickly.

continued from quote: Remember everyone had to wait a very long time, things change, stuff happens......must expect delays
i agree with you guys these few do not speak for the community as a whole but there is not the demand that was shown....to make more aftermarket parts...which through it all nyceboi has helped me procure the parts and materials to expand for you guys....the shop is based on being a one stop shop for looks and performance...you will see what i am talking about when we debue our shop contour
As for the time delay you are correct. If it falls down to that then my company is to blame....good lookin out for the guys
If you say you want a kit buy it. Do not throw off the sales count by saying yea i want one and then backing out.

Ahem...EBAY, the worlds online marketplace...

So make a few extra bucks elsewhere... I'd say put a deadline on payments for the GB, then release remaing kits to the public (business point of view)...but then again, as long as these guys have been waiting for this kit w/ many completion date promises, I doubt that a deadline would fly. Just an observation...
Nyce you have a PM.
EBAY?WHY NOT!!!YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE ALOT
OF PEOPLE WHO DON,T KNOW OF CONTOUR.ORG AND ARE LOOKING
FOR CONTOUR PARTS.SO IF THEY DON,T PAY!WELL EBAY CAN SELL
THEM FAST, AS LIMITED EDITION PARTS.YOU WON,T LOOSE
ANY MONEY.ITS JUST A MATTER OF GETTING THEM ON THE STREET,
SO PEOPLE WILL ASK ABOUT THE PRODUCT.EBAY WILL BE A GREAT
PLACE TO DRAW ATTENTION TO THIS PRODUCT!PUT ONE UP FOR
SALE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS
that was really intense....I think the problem is that a lot of the people who haven't paid have put money down and just not paid in full. If you sell their spots then you have to send their money back, thats got to be a pain in the ass for someone with a paypal account.

elusively,

cdeadly
"If you sell their spots then you have to send their money back"

After months and months of not paying in full, Kaotic should just keep the deposit and sell the spots. Deposits are not usually refundable in the real world, thats why its called a deposit.

J
Yeah, I don't think Kaotic is sending any deposits back for people that back outta this GB and I don't blame them either. If you want the kit, send the money, if you don't, you shouldn't have sent in a deposit.
Has anyone got a kit yet?
Originally posted by crazy3contours:
EBAY?WHY NOT!!!YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE ALOT
OF PEOPLE WHO DON,T KNOW OF CONTOUR.ORG AND ARE LOOKING
FOR CONTOUR PARTS.SO IF THEY DON,T PAY!WELL EBAY CAN SELL
THEM FAST, AS LIMITED EDITION PARTS.YOU WON,T LOOSE
ANY MONEY.ITS JUST A MATTER OF GETTING THEM ON THE STREET,
SO PEOPLE WILL ASK ABOUT THE PRODUCT.EBAY WILL BE A GREAT
PLACE TO DRAW ATTENTION TO THIS PRODUCT!PUT ONE UP FOR
SALE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

Obviously the shop will not lose money, but its efficiency is lost. If you have 32 guys paid up front, that buying power allows him to get all materials at once. Suppliers allow discounts when you buy large quantity, its a fact of life. SO by him buying only for ten at a time (so to speak), he is losing margin. And since the original interest was so high, now his cost is higher and he could even lose money per kit. Not saying he wont make a dime, but if you had 32 people and only 17 paid, its not a good ratio this late in the game.

This is why I pushed to get payments earlier in the game, everyone has money till its time to pay the bills....

And for those who dont have the link anymore, you can see who owes:

http://www.kaoticinnovations.com/SVT/payment/c27.htm

Any chance of releasing their user ID so when we see them we can ask about their kits?
Nyc- I have sent you an e-mail about my shipping, because on the order fillment site it says to do so. I was wondering how I could get my shipping rate cheaper, because I feel $218.oo is expensive for shipping. My name on the order site is Teddy Flynt - Matt Holbrook
Just e-mail me or pm me and let me know what is up.

Thanks
Matthew Holbrook
what about the people who have payed for the kit but havent payed for shipping are you going to move them down the list?

i payed everything just wanted to know thought.
I think all this non-sense about those that put in a deposit and not paying up yet is all a "Bunch of Baloney!!!"

Let me say this first towards Crofty (my comment above does not refer to you unless you feel the same way)before I get any further, I put no blame on you for the delay, it's gonna happen, that's the way it is when doing R&D w/little man power, it's simply that some that set aside money for the Kit may have needed to spend it in the lengthy time it took to be available, now it's available and some may not quite be ready or a years time could have changed for that particular person, example: They may have sold there cars???

Now to those saying none should receive there deposits back, if the case be, WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THEY NEEDED THE DEPOSITS??? And if you're part of the GB, shouldn't you be thankful for those that put up the deposits, who helped get this all started when others didn't. Now I can understand if it was impossible to sell the kits and they only relyed on those amongst the GB, but if there are others that can replace those which circumstances have changed, which I'm sure there are, then it shows how unthankful, ungreatful and unappreciative you folks are.
Thing is there's not people willing to get in on this GB, a few yes, but not every spot. Quit whining and just be glad that something like this is happening for you, because it probably won't happen for us pre98 guys (I've sent in $75, which I don't know whether I'll get it back or not if the GB fails). If Kaotic sent back everyone's deposit, then they probably won't have enough money to do this GB at the prices set. Why you ask? Because there aren't hundreds of people willing/able to jump into this GB (though I guess you thought there were ).
I haven't seen anything yet.. so maybe the lack of business is that people want to see a finished product not a photoshopper?
Originally posted by twitztour:
I haven't seen anything yet.. so maybe the lack of business is that people want to see a finished product not a photoshopper?

Bingo. Id like to see a painted hood. But ive been Wanting to see it for the better part of a year now. That doenst ignite my excitment for this product very much.
I SAY AGAIN! SELL IT ON EBAY!YOU HAVE A LEGAL CONTRACT TO
BUY THE KIT AND IF YOU DON,T WANT IT,SELL IT TO ANOTHER
CEG MEMBER..THE DELAYS MAY BE THE PROBLEM WITH THIS GROUP BUY.AND WITH THE NEW CONTOUR REPLACEMENT PICS{2005 FORD} SHOWING UP IN THE MAGAZINES,YOU MAY LOOSE MORE MEMBERS IF THESE KITS ARE DELAYED AGAIN.
I've seen the front on Matt's car.
Originally posted by Peach:
Nyceboi, please check the GB Thread for the hoods. Haven't heard from you since 8/22. Thanks.

-Bishop

Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Thing is there's not people willing to get in on this GB, a few yes, but not every spot. Quit whining and just be glad that something like this is happening for you, because it probably won't happen for us pre98 guys (I've sent in $75, which I don't know whether I'll get it back or not if the GB fails). If Kaotic sent back everyone's deposit, then they probably won't have enough money to do this GB at the prices set. Why you ask? Because there aren't hundreds of people willing/able to jump into this GB (though I guess you thought there were ).

What Whinning??

I'm preaching fairness and clearly referring to the unfortunate few that's circumstances have changed, I think in all fairness, as you yourself have mentioned, if these can be replaced, what's the fuss. And you think I'm not aware of the approx.# of people in on the 98+GB, low numbers but there still prospecting numbers and a start. If you don't care for your deposit in such a situation than better for them and everyone else.

The Kaotic kit is already supposedly available, well show the GB a completed product. It was promised it'll be very appealing to look at, well I've not seen a complete finished painted product yet. As for the frontend on 1 CEG'ers car, I personally didn't like what I saw, but I didn't really care for the PAINT Job so it could of stole some points from the FrontEnd, we'll just have to wait and see, I guess....

HOPING & Still WAITING...PATIENTLY Might I Add
Post deleted by 1314
That's thing, I don't think you understand this... there's not people to replace the people that won't pay. Yeah, if there were, than those people should get their deposits back, but there isn't anyone getting in on this GB now. So the required number of people (and money) still has not been reached. And it makes it hard to get materials if there isn't money to buy materials. A deposit is called a deposit for a reason.
You've gotta have $ to make $.. Otherwise we would all be rich business owners..

Just keep a percentage of the deposit and sell them for full price once they are (done?)..

If I saw a painted product and I liked it alot, I would have no problem saying me, me..
I've seen squat but a dirty photochop kit.. I can't put $ on a product unseen and unknown of its quality, not that that is in question.

Show me a completed product and someone will show you the money I guarantee it. First off a completely done kit (1) materials and such being figured in to and done prototype on one of your cars should have been done FIRST.

So its done, you know how much it costs to make it and its already designed and molded ready to go. Start a Group Buy then and sell a whole bunch of these in however long it takes to clone the rest of them.

Problem is (and I'm not even in on the Group Buy just a 3rd party bystander) that you took peoples money long.. long ago in a galaxy far away.. oh wait they have money (a good amount for most) tied up into something that they had a want for (x amount of time ago) and have seen nothing. That to me is uncomforting... to have X amount of dollars tied up into -> ( ) <- nothing there eh?..

Was there orignally a set date for these to be complete? Has that date been posponed x amount of times. Well should the people get their money back since the product was never delivered on time?

I personally am intrested in one of these kits but have yet to actually see one.. :\ Will I drop a mad load of money on something inexistant? Nah.. show me the goods please.
Yep , I really wanted to see a painted example , not a shoddy photochop , but its been 6 months...
Yep , I really wanted to see a painted example , not a shoddy photochop , but its been 6 months...

Try almost a year!!! With many postponed dates..

There needs to be an understanding between two sides, makers/buyers! I've already explained how I feel about it.

Kreimith?? you're really not getting the sense of it. Let's make claims of others interest in this product when there is actually a completed product to talk about, till then, it's all worthless speach to me. I think my feelings about refunds (brought up only because it was mentioned earlier in this discussion by you and others w/differing opinions)is simply a fairness to both sides of the table, read my previous argument closer to get the sense of it...

I think there is no need to talk about this further till I see parts, finished painted parts on a actual car

As far as seeing these "examples"...I understand that there's a "shop" car thats supposed to have all these goodies on it, & nyceboi's car(there were pics @ 1st, but now w/ the kits being near completion, there haven't been any updated pics)...seems to me its almost as if it were top-secret, because noone wants their ideas stolen before their own car is on the road. People trusted you enough to give you deposits, now there's progress & if you are keeping your own sh!t secret, @ least email or PM the guys w/ deposits pics (if you don't want them to be broadcast on the internet). But don't expect any new business. I mean c'mon Kaotic, if you guys have a shop car, market it & sell your kits & then you won't have to b!tch about the money...I could be way off base here, but these are my thoughts, I apologize if I'm wrong...$.02
its funny how the group buy for the other kits are moving
along faster than this one!so far as to start selling
the front clip on ebay! and this one has been in limbo
for over a year.Its really sad how many just quit looking
at this group buy and going into another deal,hoods,wheels
etc.
Hard to produce a full kit when your shop has only 2 or 3 workers and very little money to work with. You don't understand that kaotic hasn't been around for long and they have little capital. And all these people that would buy the kit if they saw it? Yeah right, then when the kit is made they wouldn't have the money, just like every other GB.
Hard to produce a full kit when your shop has only 2 or 3 workers and very little money to work with. You don't understand that kaotic hasn't been around for long and they have little capital. And all these people that would buy the kit if they saw it? Yeah right, then when the kit is made they wouldn't have the money, just like every other GB.

And that's exactly why I feel the same as you. I'm totally for Kaotic and the few guys they have there. I'm more than patient and understand there circumstances and have really never complained about the wait,in fact I never really post anything on here. I just got a bit annoyed at yourfolks opinions about refunds and so I needed to say my peace. I personally am in that boat (have a certain circumstance) and hope that I'll be able to work something out with Kaotic.
So when are our kits shipping? You guys have been saying next week for the last 3 weeks. Plus there have been many other prier release dates.

I have plenty of faith in Kaotic. But I can not help but worry that I am getting ripped off. Expecialy with what happend to that probe guy. Please give us a real shipping date, and stick to it.

And I am sure after us first few get it installed, and post pic's. That alot of the other guys will send in the rest of there money. They are just waiting to have peace of mind.
Hard to produce a full kit when your shop has only 2 or 3 workers and very little money to work with. You don't understand that kaotic hasn't been around for long and they have little capital.

I realize I am not "in the boat" w/ you guys, but myself & quite a few others are following this GB, just as excited to see the final product. BUT, it's also hard to produce & finish a full kit while you are also exploring other ideas (widebody, lambo doors, pre 98 kits, etc) & it makes it easier to misdirect the funds intended for the initial group buy in order to try out the other ideas. Just a thought I had, did the deposits go for the materials to make the initial 98+ kits or has some of it gone towards R&D on the other ideas that would be much better off put-off until the completion of the initial kits? In other words finish what you've started, then move onwards & upwards. Not that anyone owes me an answer, of course. Just wondering
FWIW this is not an acusation & from what I've seen so far these guys do have something good here, if not misguided..
All I know is if I had that kind of money tied up for that long I might be making a trip to see the progress of said product

I would like to know this as well. When is the last time anyone talked to Hydro????

Anyone know the answer to this yet
shipping kits and I didn,t see the rear bumbers yet?
I just want my kit!!!!
I want to get it painted and ready for next summer!

Anyone know the answer to this yet

I PM'd Crofty, nyceboi and hydro early last week and have not heard back from any of them....
All I know is if I had that kind of money tied up for that long I might be making a trip to see the progress of said product

Maybe if we setup a new National Meet in California i GUARANTEE that at least 24 people will show up!
I know we've heard it a hundred times but I definitely need an update...my car can't just sit here much longer...I wanna get it on the road eventually
hey come on guys we need and update.
Whats the deal...
Hey ya'll, nyceboi had to take a break. He'll be back in a couple of weeks maybe little less or little more. He's been real busy with his life and also had the emblem GB going on. Don't worry though. The kits are being made, and it shouldn't be much longer. Just things didn't go as planned for kaotic/nyceboi (people not paying for kits,etc.) but they're still coming through for all of us. Nyceboi really is a good person and he's not going to try and rip anybody off. Just sit back and relax for a little while. (Yes, I know we've all been waiting for a long time, but a few more weeks isn't going to kill you.)
SIGH
It seems like a few more weeks will turn into a few more weeks, then the update will be the next week then a few more weeks, which would probably roll into another few more weeks. This is the pattern I've seen so far. Ah, well...

Judging by the date you registered on this site, you're probably not even in on this GB.
yea but this is takin too [censored] long man.
Yes it's taking a long time,,, all I can about that is, where are all the other companies making body kits for us (that don't look like extreme rice)?
Judging by the date you registered on this site, you're probably not even in on this GB.

Hmmm. That has nothing to do with it. I could have well been into this GB and now I am glad that I am not. I did however, since you are keeping track of what I am doing here, got in on the GB for the Hoods with the Scoop. He tells me that none of the hoods are going out until this GB is complelety done, so the longer this one takes, the longer I wait for my hood. I hope to get it before this time next year, but I haven't gotten my hopes up. Hell, he hasn't even given us guys on in the GB for hoods any more info on where to send the other $200 for our remaining balance, yet he has asked for it over a month ago. So, I seeing this whole GB taking a very long time to get resolved.

-Bishop
Yes, it already taken a very long time, but it SHOULD be done pretty soon. And there is info on kaotic's website on where to send money if you had really wanted to send money. I was just relaying info, I can see why companies don't wanna do anything for us though.
That information is for the GB for the Kits. I don't know if he has the hoods worked out seperate or not. Plus, if he won't even answer my PM's or reply on here sooner or later, I am not going to feel comfortable sending $200 blindly to him HOPING that it gets there and he credits me for my payment. I had worked out something with him personally last time as I hope to do this time. I cannot do this without the proper information and him knowing that I am sending it so that he can somewhat look out for it. I know he is busy, but not replying to some of our questions for almost a month is going a bit far. You can't run a business this way and not expect SOME people to criticize and become cautious.

I wouldn't send them squat! I would demand some updates as well.

TY
Lets do some math:

So far over $15,000 has been paid to get kits made (18 Paid in Full + deposits and shipping) Yet still no updates or a completed picture of one being ready to ship (they were suppose to start shipping last week) I know things always get delayed, but I think this is starting to get out of hand. in 2 weeks time, they could not get one unit done?

I think a few people have their priority's in the worng order. Bad service will be the end to any business, lack of communication and support will get you zero return customers and no refferals. Since we have invested our hard earned money (hell we invested in the tooling for them) we deserve results, not just promises.

Now I realize the full 30 people did not pay, but as a company, dont they have additional funds to cover the overhead? It would seem they dont since this is really dragging out........
It's just all getting a bit too tiring. I really appreciate, and am grateful for these small companies that make things exclusively for our cars, because no one else will. But they seem to love to use that excuse for every delay, every missed deadline, etc.

Customer- "So what's the deal? Are the kits being shipped?"

Company- "No, I've been really busy lately, and haven't had the chance, and look, if it wasn't for us, you wouldn't even be able to get this kit" blah blah blah

what a joke and the frog guy too! I,d
just buy the svt kit or the extreme kit and be DONE with
this B.S. Just think if you wreck the car and need parts.
you want these guys to supply you with parts..$h1t, your
in trouble..

Where's YOUR body kit kremit???

j/k
Some people don't want a ricey body kit and most people are trying to upgrade from the svt kit to something that looks better. I understand it's taken way longer than it was supposed to, but kaotic is a new company, thus doesn't have a lotta funds. Nirish is a person just like us and has a life and was probably receiving 100 PMs a day, most of them being the same questions that have been answered before. I'm just trying to let you guys know what's going on, but fine, next time I hear something I'll remember to NOT pass it on... I'm done with this thread.
I do not think taking 1 MAYBE 2 minutes to give us an update on this long-overdue kit is too much to ask. I can understand having problems and/or delays, but to just not say anything is poor practice IMO.

Nirish isn't too busy to make posts in regards to his emblem GB, so what gives?

I just want an honest estimation as to when I can expect to receive my kit.
**I AM IN NOW WAY ACCEPTING PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACTIONS FOLLOWING THIS POST, SO DONT SEND ME THE PM's**

I personally talked to a friend of mine today who i'm sure most of you know. His name is Terry (Hydro). He originally had completely gotten out of this kit for himself but found out today how out of hand this thing is getting and is going to help us all out. He is jumping back on board and helping us finalize this thing. He will be on tonight or tommorrow morning to follow up this post but he wanted me to let you all know ASAP that there is still hope, Thank You.
Did he negelect to tell everybody that he jumped out. As far as I knew my kit was being sent to his house . Along with others. I have asked three times now were my kit is going and have had know response. One of those times I asked Nyce and he ignored my pm. This is getting ridicoulus.
I don't think anyone wants me to vouch for Terry
I have an amazing idea - and if I burn some bridges at this point I dont really give a crap.

To everyone who's in on the groupbuy - sweet, talk away, complain to whatever you like, we have the right to.

TO EVERYONE WHO'S NOT: Shut the F* up about it, go read another post and dont worry about it. It's not your problem and I have to keep checking the stupid board every day in case something relavent gets said and I'm tired of all you punks who aren't even involved bitchin about things that dont concern you. I'm sorry but we all know this gb is ridiculous, but we have money invested and there's not a lot to be done.

Go start a new thread called the b*tch about group buys we're not involved with thread and b*tch away but dont do it where people need to find out information by wading through a bunch of crap.

How you like me now

Deadly
Quote:

I have an amazing idea - and if I burn some bridges at this point I dont really give a crap.

To everyone who's in on the groupbuy - sweet, talk away, complain to whatever you like, we have the right to.

TO EVERYONE WHO'S NOT: Shut the F* up about it, go read another post and dont worry about it. It's not your problem and I have to keep checking the stupid board every day in case something relavent gets said and I'm tired of all you punks who aren't even involved bitchin about things that dont concern you. I'm sorry but we all know this gb is ridiculous, but we have money invested and there's not a lot to be done.

Go start a new thread called the b*tch about group buys we're not involved with thread and b*tch away but dont do it where people need to find out information by wading through a bunch of crap.

How you like me now

Deadly

And..?

I don't see a lock on this thread go take your Body Kit-less rage out on someone who's at fault.

I'm waiting in this thread to see it go down, to see a product, which is what should have been seen before anything went into this GB and those of us who have posted (and will post again sure enough) are wanting to see the finished product cause we may be interested too, but then seeing into the fact that you guys are getting jerked around.

So there you go, thats how I like ya.

The sad thing is this isn't where you should be complaining about this either this is just for the purchase so forgive us for chiming in on this already existant wade height of bullcrap.
K, i talked to Drew from koatic, and he says that they are just finishing the last Probe kit, they have some front and back bumpers, but cant ship out kits due to they got a bad batch of glass and coulnt make the skirts. They just got a new shipment of glass and are starting the skirts. They say that today they got one kit without the bumpers finished and by next week production will get better.
conor7seven you are out of line!! this is a GROUP
buy and thats more than one person!its all the members
of contour .org and if we want to spend our money after
the product has been made,thats our choice!your not making
the kit!so why don,t you keep your mouth shut!
I have no problems with people who want to put money into this project - that would be foolish. But what most people are saying on here is worthless to everyone. At this point everyone is well aware that this it taking forever. My point is there's no need to keep talking about it. And I'm not out of line, I've been in this GB for 14 months now, if anyone should be bitching its me.

and I am making the kit- my money is making it right now -

elusivley
THE END....
We all know b!tching gets nobody anywhere....but WTF guys??? I need an update soon or I'm gonna need my money back...
Sorry
IMHO,
I don't think it's fair for Kaotic to demand money from people when a final, finished, painted product with many clear, daylight pics have not been presented.

I'm sorry, but a Photoshop doesn't cut it.

When this is done, I think more people will send money.

Again, this is just MHO.
Here is my frustration. Some of you are upset that those who are not in THIS GB for the Whole Kit have no right to be upset. Well, technically I am not in the buy for the WHOLE kit but I AM in for just the hood. This is more upsetting than waiting for the kit itself, as the hoods will not even go out to those who are only buying the hood until the entire GB for the kit is finished. That puts me lower on any list than anyone in this GB as of right now. I hope to get the hood before 2004, or I will just loose all hope until some very prominent moves are made and verified.

Just stating my position.

-Bishop
Here is my frustration. Some of you are upset that those who are not in THIS GB for the Whole Kit have no right to be upset. Well, technically I am not in the buy for the WHOLE kit but I AM in for just the hood. This is more upsetting than waiting for the kit itself, as the hoods will not even go out to those who are only buying the hood until the entire GB for the kit is finished. That puts me lower on any list than anyone in this GB as of right now. I hope to get the hood before 2004, or I will just loose all hope until some very prominent moves are made and verified.

Just stating my position.

-Bishop

I understand your frustration, but in the end you will have waited a lot less than those of us in the GB for the body kit.
The body kit GB has been in the works for well over a year now.
Didn't realize that, but I feel like my year is going to be up soon myself. It will be all good once I receive the hood itself, but blind hope is all I have for now.

-Bishop
What's that? Broken record? Good lord, all of you are reposting the same damn thing post after post after post after post after post after post after post after post. It literaly seems like that kind of repitition. Give it a rest.
No, I'm not in this GB, but I will be in the pre-98 GB, in fact I kind of already am, seeing as how I put a deposit down. So this effects me just as much as any of you.
talked to one of the guys at kaotic and they say that the first ones is already about to ship. everyone who didnt send in their full money lost their deposit. Mine will be in next month, im #8. And as for nirish, ahhh where are you dude.
if you dont mind posting it - how are you talking to him? email?

Conor
everyone who didnt send in their full money lost their deposit.

that's some serious bullcrap. It should be up to either him or nirish to contact everyone for full payment deadlines. Maybe if they didn't dick everyone around for MONTHS on end and actually communicated they would have gotten what they were looking for. I know I wasn't just sending $500 and crossing my fingers that there might be a finished product sometime in the next 6 months. Don't give me any crap about "too busy" because it takes 5 minutes or less to make a damn update post on the board.

Conor - I did recently talk to Terry and he said that the 4 MI kits should be taken care of. He still wants to handle them personally. As for the rest of the group, he was getting calls in the middle of the night, during movies, dinner, craps, etc. about the body kit so he's decided to wash his hands of most of it and leave it with Nirish and the body shop. Again, I knew nothing of the loss of deposits.

P.S.
last nyceboi post in here: 09/05/03
last Crofty59 post: 09/10

GREAT communication.
you guys had better cancel all orders with kaotic!
its not good business to demand money with no product!
I,d call the state in which they operate and report it as
a scam!
probably not good business but hardly a scam, small shops cant afford to send a prototype car off to paint and everything when noones paying up dumbass.

and mines on the car and painted, its good product, granted i dont have the whole kit but i have the primary piece in 100% finished quality.

and if your not in it stfu.
please!!!!these guys put up money for a complete kit!not
1/3,1/2 or 1/4!!
Yeah and they're gonna get their kit, so like matt said, STFU, you're just trying to cause trouble.
crazy3contours, please refer to my earlier post
So SAD

It's funny how no one actually Emails the GB individuals. Actually was the worst GB to start off with and now they topped it with SOURCREAM.....

I never put up a deposit to make a Hood, a Widebody Kit and so forth and Kaotic never asked if it was OK with the GB to do this. Now a year later this....

its safe to say, some of you will go thru hell and fire for
this bodykit.If it makes you happy!good luck and have a nice
day......... THE END...
I just hope you guys get what you wanted :\

..Unlike a Product I know someone involved with 'Kaotic' sent someone that wasn't what it was supposed to be and wasn't even COMPLETE..

BTW where is HIS $ to cover the missing parts?

Oh thats right, no time to post..

This thing has been a mess to try to follow.
I'm trying to find out if I can order just the side skirts - or if I should even try. What's the general verdict here?
I believe you can order sideskirts once all the kits have been shipped out...but it wont be at a GB price. Check their website, there might be info on there.
i called them, the phone number is on their website, i have nirish's phone number but i wont give that out since i dont know if he wants me to.
I want to see pics of the bodykit. I have lots of $$$ and I will purchase the kit asap if I like what I see. Who do I contact for info and pics of the kit? How much is the kit? Let me know something asap before I purchase the street fighter kit for the mondeo. E-mail me at mattthorn2000@aol.com, thanks.
if you're going to purchase a kit for the Mondeo that lots of $$$ you have is going to be gone cuz its gonna have to be custom fitted

Go to Kaotics website for all the info to your questions...its under Hydro's sig.
Originally posted by mattthorn2000:
I want to see pics of the bodykit. I have lots of $$$ and I will purchase the kit asap if I like what I see. Who do I contact for info and pics of the kit? How much is the kit? Let me know something asap before I purchase the street fighter kit for the mondeo. E-mail me at mattthorn2000@aol.com, thanks.

You can buy it a.s.a.p., and they'll accept payment a.s.a.p., but you will get it s.a.h.f. (Sometime After Hell Freezes)

ive tried to go to the website but i cant for some reason. can somebody e-mail me some pics of it and some info on how to throw in on the gb or how to purchase the kit. how much is the widebody kit going for? somebody let me know something please! thanks mattthorn2000@aol.com
The kit is $650 and it's $425 more to upgrade to the widebody. And as of now there is only three people going for the widebody.
I ws hoping (like the rest of us) to get this very soon. My cars going in for an insurance claim and I didn't want to have to pay for them to paint another set of bumpers. But I guess I'm going to get an SVT kit also put on my SE since theres not a definate date set yet.

just thought I'd let everyone know - I called Kaotic today and they're in production - if anyone has any questions I'd give them a call - whoever I talked to was very helpful and nice, explained whats goin on, ect.

Conor
Originally posted by mattthorn2000:

You can buy it a.s.a.p., and they'll accept payment a.s.a.p., but you will get it s.a.h.f. (Sometime After Hell Freezes)

HAHAHAHAHAHA !! AWWww a good laugh before i go to bed!! THANKS
Looks like a bunch of people got ripped off and a lot of people are pissed!!! I got a friend who is turning these guys over to the fraud department in California so I hope they burn in hell!
they took the money and ran like hell!!!!no respect!!!and
can,t even give an update...thats how you know when you,ve
been burned................ send them to judge JUDY..
Yeah i got a friend who send a deposit and this fag nurish or whatever his name is said he abandonded his money and he cant get his 150 back
Judge Judy wouldnt help much ! It's too bad in live in Kansas and not CA i would go to that place and .......well i better not say but it wouldnt be pretty ! thats for sure .
Originally posted by TadeToad:
Judge Judy wouldnt help much ! It's too bad in live in Kansas and not CA i would go to that place and .......well i better not say but it wouldnt be pretty ! thats for sure .

You're such a retard. Good lord. When you put a deposit down on something, specifically this kit, they use that money for reasearch and development, and beforehand, they warn you that you won't be able to get it back. It's your dumbass friend's own damn fault for backing out. Go somewhere else to spew forth your immature and unintelligable rants that serve absolutely no purpose.
He didnt back out of it ! thats the whole idea , this guy said his 150.00 wouldnt count twards it and it was gone
you'll all get your kits eventually, quit cryin...I'm sure they didn't go through all the bullsh*t of creating and designing a kit just to make only 1 and run away with your money.

If you guys didn't whine so much you might get a damn update...shut up already.
Bah! Whine? Overdue Kit fails to appear 10x over when it was promised then; noone has the balls to post an update about it to anyone. Especially the people who have waited and deserve an update. I would do more than whine in that case. So slap yourself with a Trout : :
Originally posted by TadeToad:
He didnt back out of it ! thats the whole idea , this guy said his 150.00 wouldnt count twards it and it was gone

You're right, it counts towards it, but that's not to say he'll get it back if he backs out of the buy. I have $150 down on it right now. And since I'm not pussying out, that $150 I have down will go towards the whole buy. It makes sense. If your friend didn't back out, why does he want his money back?
Bah! Whine? Overdue Kit fails to appear 10x over when it was promised then; noone has the balls to post an update about it to anyone. Especially the people who have waited and deserve an update. I would do more than whine in that case. So slap yourself with a Trout : :

Maybe the lack of updates is because everytime they post something someone starts bitching and complaining. They could post saying all the kits are shipping out tomorrow morning and post tracking numbers, and someone in this thread would still find something to [censored] about. If you want info that bad...why not just call them? They were very friendly and helpful toward me. I was told the last peice was cast to mold thursday night and kits will start shipping this coming week. They are shooting for 2 kits a week, but with everything being hand laid they expect some snags with having to touch things up.
i need skirts... if anyof you are changing the ones you have and are looking to get rid of a set...

email=skate4lord@hotmail.com
a.i.m.=shibasticalibies
Originally posted by Faze Away:

Maybe the lack of updates is because everytime they post something someone starts bitching and complaining. They could post saying all the kits are shipping out tomorrow morning and post tracking numbers, and someone in this thread would still find something to [censored] about. If you want info that bad...why not just call them? They were very friendly and helpful toward me. I was told the last peice was cast to mold thursday night and kits will start shipping this coming week. They are shooting for 2 kits a week, but with everything being hand laid they expect some snags with having to touch things up.

Umm yeah maybe they keep getting [censored] @ about the kits cause they keep feeding everyone the THIS week line for about 5 months. How many this weeks are there? :\
Posted By: hydro Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 10/13/03 08:49 PM
FYI:

To all those who purchased body kits through me directly (i.e. SVT ST PETE, Ashley Hall, Rick Lemptski etc.), refunds will be promptly sent back. if you have any concerns feel free to contact me at teejay313@hotmail.com.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 10/14/03 01:28 AM
quoted from Hellahydro:
Quote:

FYI:

To all those who purchased body kits through me directly (i.e. SVT ST PETE, Ashley Hall, Rick Lemptski etc.), refunds will be promptly sent back. if you have any concerns feel free to contact me at teejay313@hotmail.com.

UH Oh... what's that sound?...oh, it's my $760(hard earned while defending freedom in foreign lands, separated from my family) going down the drain, I guess it's time to visit my local JAG office.
Posted By: outkast Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 10/14/03 03:10 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY
WILL
FALL
FOR
ANYTHING
PACK IT UP!
LETS GO HOME KIDS!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 10/14/03 04:19 AM
sooooo, they're ending this?

I know there has been many delays and things but not all this hard work for nothing...a guy went without his car for damn there a whole year.

Someone please elaborate
Posted By: 97CS Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 10/14/03 05:21 AM
Who's ending what? Right now all I've seen is a bunch of random [censored] running their mouth about anything and everything negative related to this GB. I need to hear something from someone that's actually involved.
Posted By: m!key Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 10/14/03 12:05 PM
i think people getting their money returned to them is a big sign.
Posted By: Airforce Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 10/14/03 12:25 PM
Yeah a big sign that everyone has just been owned!
I hope this turns out good and at least people get thier money back.
Posted By: twitztour Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 10/14/03 12:41 PM
Originally posted by 97CS:
Who's ending what? Right now all I've seen is a bunch of random [censored] running their mouth about anything and everything negative related to this GB. I need to hear something from someone that's actually involved.

Well lets see what did HYDRO just say? HMM.. He is involved. Don't hate me because I'm not too blind to cut throught the [censored]. I mean posponement after poseponement. I need a front piece for my car since mine is damaged and this looked like that piece. Well then again no it didn't cause there is nothign to look at.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 10/14/03 03:16 PM
Sticking this up top until it all gets resolved.

Also, we need to keep all the BS to a minimum. People with ordered kits and people who want kits arguing with eachother is ridiculous. This whole buy is getting pretty messy. Obviously, Hydro, Nyceboi or Crofty59 need to chime in here really soon (like now). And until they do, we really don't need anybody to stir things up (ex. TadeToad=Citation10).
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 10/14/03 03:16 PM
you guys are morons - hydro hasn't been involved for some time now......fools. Honestly, get something else to do, if you like come to the D and you can chase me around or something and make fun of my lack of body kit. At least I won't have to listen to it....

Posted By: outkast Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 10/14/03 03:48 PM
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: PIX on WEBSITE - 10/14/03 04:27 PM
Originally posted by 1314:
Sticking this up top until it all gets resolved.

Also, we need to keep all the BS to a minimum. People with ordered kits and people who want kits arguing with eachother is ridiculous. This whole buy is getting pretty messy. Obviously, Hydro, Nyceboi or Crofty59 need to chime in here really soon (like now). And until they do, we really don't need anybody to stir things up (ex. TadeToad=Citation10).

Well Nyce's last post here was on 9-5, his last post on CEG was on 9-30, guess someone doesnt like confrontation or maybe its just reality....

And for Crofty, one of his last posts on 9-9-03
guys we are starting to ship out, anyone who has not confirmed their order is in danger of loosing their spot in the group buy and will end up paying full price for the kit

We still have 15 guys that have not confirmed their spots, and we have not received money for. remember this is a group buy the price of the kit that was given was set on the number of people buying the kit. Not how many would like to see it made.

We want to provide the best of the aftermarket to you uys but we also need cooperation from the board. If you say you want a kit buy it. Do not throw off the sales count by saying yea i want one and then backing out.

Thank you for your time and cooperation. The widebody and hood will be open soon too. the kit will be saling to the public at the end of this month

And then follows with these two:

i agree with you guys these few do not speak for the community as a whole but there is not the demand that was shown....to make more aftermarket parts...which through it all nyceboi has helped me procure the parts and materials to expand for you guys....the shop is based on being a one stop shop for looks and performance...you will see what i am talking about when we debue our shop contour
As for the time delay you are correct. If it falls down to that then my company is to blame....good lookin out for the guys

Well its been 5-6 weeks, no one has a kit, cept for two people (Nyce and Speed Demon...iirc)

How much longer are we to wait without any sort of communication from anyone that actually has some real insight?

I guess Kaotic is a suitable name for this company after all....
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Lets Fix This Problem - 10/14/03 08:01 PM
Ok I promise to be constructive this time........

Why doesn't anyone who has any interest, including the observers who are so upset and especially those who have money in on this kit call kaotic and ask them whats up, then post what they say in this thread. If enough people call them and get on them about it maybe something will happen, since the thread obviously isin't doing any good.

All you guys that have $ in it, I'm sure will do it, for everyone else (crazy3 , twiztour, etc.) here's your chance to prove that you care about this thread like you say you do and want to see something happen with this kit.

Here's the number:

Give them a call and lets find out what they have to say...

p.s. I put up this post for the pre98 guys too since it involves them, thats a bunch of people to ignore...
lets hope they dont!
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/14/03 08:18 PM
I talked to chris today, he's fed up with idiots like citation so he's not posting, he sent me a link to some pics, all the molds are there, there's a few kits in the corner of the shop and some big boxes...

perhaps if you idiots hadnt let this be reduced to a screaming and bitching match he'd still take an interest in aiding and answering your questions.

At this point i think he just wants to send out the kits he's promised and wash his hands of CEG... cant say i'd blame him either.
Posted By: twitztour Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/14/03 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
I talked to chris today, he's fed up with idiots like citation so he's not posting, he sent me a link to some pics, all the molds are there, there's a few kits in the corner of the shop and some big boxes...

perhaps if you idiots hadnt let this be reduced to a screaming and bitching match he'd still take an interest in aiding and answering your questions.

At this point i think he just wants to send out the kits he's promised and wash his hands of CEG... cant say i'd blame him either.

I'm not sure what Citation posted or whatnot but thats not much of an excuse for not contacting "ANYONE". I mean PM's can be used to notify individuals of progress and then the word can be spread. All I want is just a Front Bumper when/if it can be made. I have a scratched up front from my '00 SVT I will have to have painted completly anyhow according to the shop and figured it would be a great time to upgrade.

Well I've watched and waited on this thread for a few months hoping someone would have their kit so I can be 100% sure all is well with it since the only thing to look at is sketchy photoshop pictures. So I will do what Conor said and try to get someone to see if/when if ever they will start selling these outside of the GB.

SpeedDemon I guess if he has his could post some real pics. I don't think anyone on the Group Buy has been irrational that I can see but ignoring your customer base after you have their money isn't a very nice thing to do. Sounds like one of my local dealerships I will never do business with again. :\
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/14/03 08:38 PM
*note to self*
Never EVER hold a group buy
Posted By: maverik_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/14/03 08:42 PM
I think this whole thing has gotten totally out of hand. Group buys are risks for the consumer and the supplier. Sometimes things don't happen. Deal with it. For once, we actually have someone that was willing to make a nice body kit for a car that doesn't get much aftermarket support. Its okay that some of you are mad, but bringing it to the CEG is not where you should voice your opinion. Call the shop and voice it with them. I don't personally know anyone involved with the kit, but to them I say thanks for at least trying to do something to contribute to the lousy aftermarket support we recieve for our cars. I would rather wait another year to get a body kit than put those crappy kits that they offer right now on my car. I would rather drive bumperless!
So, if anyone involved in the body kit reads this, I hope you will still have the blueprints to create these kits. I still would like one. And furthermore, if you still have any left over after this blows past, set one aside for me, because thats the tightest and only kit that I have ever seen and one of the only ones I would stick on my SE.
Posted By: 818Contour Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/14/03 08:56 PM
Originally posted by maverik:

So, if anyone involved in the body kit reads this, I hope you will still have the blueprints to create these kits. I still would like one. And furthermore, if you still have any left over after this blows past, set one aside for me, because thats the tightest and only kit that I have ever seen and one of the only ones I would stick on my SE.

I agree with maverick. I wasn't involved with this group buy but I was really excited about buying one of these kits after it was done. I hope that Kaotic will still make them so that I can buy one.
Posted By: Faze Away_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/14/03 09:02 PM

Oh sure...mention a link and don't post it

But I agree with them to a decent extent. They focused a lot of time and effort toward this kit only for people to spit in their face. So no cool.
Posted By: 97CS Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/14/03 09:08 PM
Well I'm glad Kaotic looks at people like citation as the spokesperson for us all. If him or Nirish had taken one second to look around and see that I, and others, have been defending them throughout this entier ordeal, AND supporting them, maybe they might think again about such an end.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/14/03 09:20 PM

I agree 100% with ya on this one matt....
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/14/03 09:58 PM
I agree with you too matt. Especially after talking and dealing with nirish. I don't think many people on here understand the volume of PMs and emails he had to deal with, and most of them being questions that have been asked before. We all agree this has taken longer than it should have, but it's coming together and complaining about it doesn't really help.
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 12:43 AM
I agree, we have a few too many people not involved, worried about something they have nothing to lose on. I have talked with Nirish, those that have paid in full and are listed on the website are receiving their kits and that three have been completed. Those that have not paid in full need to contact KI about paying in full for their kit.

Those of you wanting the Pre 98 kits, Nirish will resume that topic only after all the 98+ have been shipped and received. So if you are reading this thread because you want a pre-98, PLEASE be patient.

Those that are here stiring the pot just to do so.......
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 12:48 AM
Those that have not paid in full need to contact KI about paying in full for their kit.

Does anyone have any contact info for Nirish?

He was supposed to get back to me 2 weeks ago with a shipping quote, has not done so and he has turned his PMs off.
Posted By: twitztour Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 12:52 AM
I guess I'm in line behind the pre 98 ers for a front piece if they do make them.
Posted By: DimitriPopov Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 01:02 AM
Wash away wash away. The post was especially cool since you already have a kit and such.
Posted By: Peach Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 02:09 AM
Okay, well here is my dilema. I am in the GB for the hoods only, he told me personally that the hoods go out directly after the kits do. Now I am hearing that the Pre-98 kits go out next. At the going rate on full kits, I feel like I won't see my hood until next year. I have tried to contact him but I get no response. I have not jumped on the bandwagon as harshly as others, I have voiced my concern, but I have not ragged on Kaotic. I have sat back and waited patiently recently and all I would like to know is when the $$$ (remaining balance) on the hoods is due, and where to send the money. I do not want to send the money (more money) with the going rate of production, until I can get a more definate response from someone that I am still even getting a hood at all. No one has been communicating or even complaining in the Hood thread so I have to come here to get suggestions and updates on my hood. Can anyone offer some updates on just the hoods? I cannot get ahold of Nyceboi to get this info.

Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 02:21 AM
Wash away wash away. The post was especially cool since you already have a kit and such.

Who has a kit?

Peach - I never said the pre-98 would be made and shipped next, I said Nirish will not touch base on that subject (pre-98's) until the GB for the 98+ are done, I would think your hoods would be considered part of the GB

I contacted Nirish through email listed on the fulfillment page:

http://www.kaoticinnovations.com/SVT/payment/c27.htm
svt@nyceboicreations.com
Posted By: Lazzzy Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 02:55 AM
I called Kaotic today and talked with someone there. He said that they finished the last mold. They meant to send some out last week but were unable to. He also mentioned that Terry hadn't given them the money yet? I sent my deposit to Terry but my remaining balance to Nirish. So I'm confused again. I was in a hurry so I didn't get to have a good conversation and clear everything up.
Posted By: Peach Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 02:58 AM
My fault, I misinterpreted what you said. Just a little touchy on my place in line. Sorry about that. I have looked over his site many times and I do not see any information regarding the hoods ONLY. I don't want to assume that the GB information for the full kits applies to me as well. I can't have $200 floating around the US Mail not being sure of where it is going.

I will contact Nyceboi via email that you supplied and I will await his response. Thanks.

Posted By: 97CS Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 03:33 AM
I talked with nyceboi(Nirish) briefly earlier tonight. Basically, he is still part of KI, but he isn't dealing through CEG any longer because of the horrible results. I believe he said 14/30 people paid for the kits. That's terrible considering all of those people had said they would, and backed out. They are still shipping out kits and everything for the 14 people who paid. Basically, the people who will lose money are those who never paid in full after repeatedly asked to, over a long period of time. They will end up having to pay the normal $950, instead of the GB price of $650. I believe he said they had 3 months to make the full payment, and didn't. Those who paid in full will have the kits shipped out to them in the order in which they paid. So you will get your kits.

As far as the pre98 guys go (me being one of them), the GB price still applies. It's not in any way tied to the 98+ GB in terms of money received, etc. He told me that his pre98 goes into KI on Nov. 15th, 1-2 weeks for molding the front bumper, and the kits should be ready to ship shortly thereafter. From what I understand after talking to Nirish a few different times, the hoods will go into production shortly after the kit GBs, if not immediately after.

That's the deal, in a nutshell. Those of you involved in the GB, both 98+ and pre98, there isn't much point in contacting Nirish. He is quite fed up with CEG and the immature asses that have been spewing forth the recent crap. I can't blame him. I really can't. I'm surprised he didn't say fuggit long before. Contact KI for all other questions. He'll be back around CEG after the GB is over. He's too busy with life right now.
Posted By: MotorCity Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 04:39 AM
Thats too bad for KI if it chooses not to participate in the CEG.

Its not often that a company is able to get totally free advertising for its product directly to the heart of its core market.

Posted By: Bumpin_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 05:12 AM
Ok I have viewed this post since I made my deposit on my kit in may of 2002. I have watched as everyone [censored] about time and all of the delays. I myself was dissappointed in the delays as well, but never posted my feelings as I knew they wouldn't help the situation at all. Now I have decided to speak up after reading the latest posts bitching at the people who backed out of this group buy. Like I said I paid my deposit in May under the impression that the kit would be done relatively soon. At this time my tour only had 60,000 miles on it and no physical problems at all. Now, over a year later, no kits have been shipped and they are wanting me to pay the rest of the money. My tour now has right at 100,000 miles on it and is in and out of the shop on a regular basis, so it just seems a little far fetched for me to spend the extra $600 on a body kit for a car that probably won't see the years end. Hell, I need this money for all the shop bills. So, if you want to [censored] at me for not coming through then they need to take some responisbilty for themselves in not deliverying a product when they said they would. That is what you call bad business. Most of the people who are supporting them right now probably didn't pay their deposit over a year ago, so they haven't waited as long.

Just my opinion.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 05:39 AM
Originally posted by MotorCity:
Thats too bad for KI if it chooses not to participate in the CEG.

Its not often that a company is able to get totally free advertising for its product directly to the heart of its core market.

no thats too bad for CEG moron, we stand to lose a lot, not them, they have a marketable creation, we have jackasses.

and yes i have the front bumper, i also went out of my way to DRIVE My car 3000 miles in 3 DAYS (read between the lines no sleep!) to meet chris, take a look at the operation, and get it. You want to drive out to BFE california (and believe me, their shop is in BFE) then i'm sure chris would be happy to shake your hand and fit the kit for a paying customer, not to mention a supporter.

and 97, its not just mister CN10, its you and all the rest of the spazoids who have no paitence for CUSTOM FABRICATION. e-gads, look at mine, micah's and deans cars for a quick second (just to name some, not trying to hate), you think we didnt sacrifice a damn thing to have a sweet ride noone else has? it takes time, blood, sweat, tears, and SUPPORT to get through crap like this and if you were pissing in my cornflakes w/o paying for them i'd tell you where to stick the air line too.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Bumpin:
Ok I have viewed this post since I made my deposit on my kit in may of 2002. I have watched as everyone [censored] about time and all of the delays. I myself was dissappointed in the delays as well, but never posted my feelings as I knew they wouldn't help the situation at all. Now I have decided to speak up after reading the latest posts bitching at the people who backed out of this group buy. Like I said I paid my deposit in May under the impression that the kit would be done relatively soon. At this time my tour only had 60,000 miles on it and no physical problems at all. Now, over a year later, no kits have been shipped and they are wanting me to pay the rest of the money. My tour now has right at 100,000 miles on it and is in and out of the shop on a regular basis, so it just seems a little far fetched for me to spend the extra $600 on a body kit for a car that probably won't see the years end. Hell, I need this money for all the shop bills. So, if you want to [censored] at me for not coming through then they need to take some responisbilty for themselves in not deliverying a product when they said they would. That is what you call bad business. Most of the people who are supporting them right now probably didn't pay their deposit over a year ago, so they haven't waited as long.

Just my opinion.

and yes i paid my deposit over a year ago too. we all did, the taking deposits window wasnt that long. You dont get into stuff like this and not stick it out for the long haul, if you expected the jolly UPS man to show up with a big box for you 2 weeks later i'll take some of what you're smoking... to go. Not to mention through the whole process people pissed and complained, we dont like this we dont like that... Chris had to re-do half this crap 3 times to make people happy and they just complained more!!!
Posted By: 97CS Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 08:07 AM
Wtf speed, did you even read my post? You sure you were directing all that BS towards me? [censored] read it over. I'm one of the few that's been patient about this [censored]. I've been more supportive and confident than you have, so uhhh....wtf? I've talked with Nirish several times and I'm more of a believer now than ever.
Posted By: perry_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 01:16 PM
Everybody needs to calm down and act like adults.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 04:04 PM
we are

just agrivated adults

at any rate, my point is made so i'll back off
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 04:33 PM
I'm posting this again so we stay on topic -

Why doesn't anyone who has any interest, including the observers who are so upset and especially those who have money in on this kit call kaotic and ask them whats up, then post what they say in this thread. If enough people call them and get on them about it maybe something will happen, since the thread obviously isin't doing any good.

Here's the number:

Give them a call and lets find out what they have to say...

p.s. I put up this post for the pre98 guys too since it involves them, thats a bunch of people to ignore...
lets hope they dont!
Posted By: 97CS Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 05:14 PM
I still think you directed those comments to me when they should have been to someone else Speed.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 09:32 PM
yeah, i did 97, sorry...

i couldnt keep peoples names straight yesterday with the mad posting action
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 09:33 PM
*note to self*
Never EVER hold a group buy

more important note to self...becareful what group buys u get yourself committed to...from several sites i've seen the same thing...g/b 'leaders' very gung ho and in turn potential buyers are enthused...then buyers take heat for not upping hard earned money in a timely manner and then once they do...no product is quite often the result...d-tec frauders on this site...the stang 5.0 upper intake modded for vulcan engine taurus owners on taurus car club...

also, being tired of the same questions over and over or other dumb stuff is not a good reason to update people on something they are spending their money on
Posted By: outkast Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 10:23 PM
you must show respect to your customer in any business!
I think the buyers just want a little respect!
contour owners will buy other cars in the future and
may need bodykits again...so you have to respect the
customer first!in order to make money......THE END!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/15/03 11:05 PM
The business respected the customer plenty but the customer didn't respect the business.
Posted By: DimitriPopov Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/16/03 01:50 AM

and yes i have the front bumper, i also went out of my way to DRIVE My car 3000 miles in 3 DAYS (read between the lines no sleep!) to meet chris, take a look at the operation, and get it. You want to drive out to BFE california (and believe me, their shop is in BFE) then i'm sure chris would be happy to shake your hand and fit the kit for a paying customer, not to mention a supporter.

Ah I did not know that. Well my opinion is changed slightly.
Posted By: twitztour Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/16/03 02:00 AM
The business respected the customer plenty but the customer didn't respect the business.

I guess you fall into this Customer catagory as well as anyone else on CEG???
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/16/03 02:21 AM

Umm, I mean customer as a whole, in general. I'm certainly more of a customer than you are (I've sent money). Really I don't understand why somebody not currently involved with this continues to post as much as he does, especially complaining when you don't even have money on the line. If you're too stupid to understand what I meant by the customer, then you shouldn't even post.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/16/03 03:25 AM

What world have you been living in?

If the business wants respect then they need to deliver as promised.

How many times did they say they were going to show pics and delay time after time?

How many times did they say they were going to start shipping and delay time after time?

They should not promise what they can't do.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/16/03 03:57 AM
I don't think they ever PROMISED anything other than a kit to be made. Pics have been made, the kit is being made, and everyone is just acting all pissy. Like I said, yeah it's taken a long time. But show me where all the other companies are making high quality, good looking kits for the ford contour....... ooo that's right, there is only one. They are going to deliver as promised, but definitely not because CEG showed any respect or true support. Do you understand that nearly half the people that paid deposits didn't fulfill on the rest of their payment? Do you understand this is a fairly new company and they don't exactly have a lot of capital to get supplies,etc.?
Posted By: sigma Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/16/03 05:55 AM
Quote:

I don't think they ever PROMISED anything other than a kit to be made. Pics have been made, the kit is being made, and everyone is just acting all pissy. Like I said, yeah it's taken a long time. But show me where all the other companies are making high quality, good looking kits for the ford contour....... ooo that's right, there is only one.

By that argument, everyone should be happy if they ever get the kits, even if it's 2010, and there's only 10 'Tours left on the streets.

But at least they tried to make something for the 'Tour!

I bet if you mailed your bill payments and they took 2 years to get to your utility company, you'd be pretty damned pissed at the USPS. But why? They don't guarantee any delivery times. You should be happy they got there at all because they're the only company that can deliver your mail for you for 37 cents.

Quote:

Do you understand that nearly half the people that paid deposits didn't fulfill on the rest of their payment?

Do you understand why they didn't?

Maybe because by the time it came to pay in full, it had been so long, many of them had already sold their cars or realized they didn't have enough life in them to warrant spending that kind of money on them.

Quote:

Do you understand this is a fairly new company and they don't exactly have a lot of capital to get supplies,etc

And that is what the deposit is for. If molds can't even be made with the 14 deposits that were received, then someone is in the wrong business.

Apparently I could have a home designed (without a deposit, BTW), have the funds secured, buy the land, and build an entire home in a fraction of the time it takes to make a bumper.

But it's okay! They're making it for the Contour!

They might as well be making it for the Model T, as long as this is taking.
Posted By: Bumpin_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/16/03 06:30 AM
AMEN Sigma
Posted By: outkast Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/16/03 10:45 AM
kermit!this is not the only kit being made for the contour.the xtreme kit is almost done and already shipping the fronts on ebay!I,am in that group buy and I think you hold a
hard line on this group buy!me,you,and all members deserve
RESPECT and this is why I backed out of this group buy.
This kit is the best looking one ever made for the contour
and I wish it was handled a little better.I would love to
pull up next to my friends audi A4 with that kit.So
I support you and all the members in this group buy!
I can,t support this company that has no respect for my
contour brothers and sisters....
Posted By: twitztour Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/16/03 02:51 PM

Umm, I mean customer as a whole, in general. I'm certainly more of a customer than you are (I've sent money). Really I don't understand why somebody not currently involved with this continues to post as much as he does, especially complaining when you don't even have money on the line. If you're too stupid to understand what I meant by the customer, then you shouldn't even post.

Umm because "YOU" keep bashing the customers who DRIVE THE BUSINESS. I mean its not my fault your completly clueless and have no knowledge of business ethics what so ever (PERIOD).

You keep saying well people complained about this and that and caused it. Well thats the biggest load of crap I've heard. They complained because they were misled 100x over about when the item would be done. And with no communication being sent to the customers would lead some to believe they just took one in the butt.

So with that being said, I am tired of hearing people like you criticize people for standing up for what they have been told and what they believe is a timely manner. I don't recall it being said going into this GB that it would be over a year ordeal. So lay the blame where it belongs.

And NO I've never said Kaotic was a ripoff or anything to the like so shove that idea. I've just been waiting for them to finish up the painful over year long ordeal so I can try to get a front bumper to replace my deep gashed one I have on my car possibly. Started out just wanting to see some real Images of this thing so its not the "bigfoot" of bumpers (a myth). Is there a problem with that? I don't think so then I have to hear you gripe cause someone wants their just due (money back or product) so there it is.

Posted By: twitztour Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/16/03 02:54 PM
I don't think they ever PROMISED anything other than a kit to be made. Pics have been made, the kit is being made, and everyone is just acting all pissy. Like I said, yeah it's taken a long time. But show me where all the other companies are making high quality, good looking kits for the ford contour....... ooo that's right, there is only one. They are going to deliver as promised, but definitely not because CEG showed any respect or true support. Do you understand that nearly half the people that paid deposits didn't fulfill on the rest of their payment? Do you understand this is a fairly new company and they don't exactly have a lot of capital to get supplies,etc.?

Yeah I understand that people didn't come through with them I wouldn't either being put off time after time and seeing no Product. They should be thankful that CEG was nice enough to put up with their crap give them free advertising the the CORE of contour/myst owners who are looking for this stuff. I mean okay I'll make some bumpers for a contour too if I had the means if you foot the bill for me starting up a NOT Contour specific business. To start a business it takes money you can't hold money and say it was to fund thier start they should have said that up front if that was the case. This isn't a fund kaotic thread its a groupbuy from an already existant business.

SIT.
Posted By: Faze Away_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/16/03 05:58 PM
Yeah I understand that people didn't come through with them I wouldn't either being put off time after time and seeing no Product. They should be thankful that CEG was nice enough to put up with their crap give them free advertising the the CORE of contour/myst owners who are looking for this stuff. I mean okay I'll make some bumpers for a contour too if I had the means if you foot the bill for me starting up a NOT Contour specific business. To start a business it takes money you can't hold money and say it was to fund thier start they should have said that up front if that was the case. This isn't a fund kaotic thread its a groupbuy from an already existant business.

SIT.

It may be a little confusing but follow me here. A deposit is money you give to a company to ensure that they get something out of the deal in case you BACK OUT of it. It isn't money you give them so you can think about it.

Oh wait...it's not that confusing after all is it?

Everyone knew going into this that there was going to be some time involved. And to the ones who expected them to wave a magic wand and a bumper appear before their eyes, maybe you shouldn't have gotten involved in the first place? Either way, the bitching and moaning back and forth about this and that isn't going to make things go any faster so what's the point?

If your not involved in the group buy, then don't bother posting here. If you are, keep your posts to something constructive. Don't spout [censored] and cry and [censored], that's not accomplishing anything. Ever been [censored] at constantly about something? If so, it didn't exactly boost your morale and help you get done any quicker did it?
Posted By: twitztour Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/16/03 07:59 PM
Yeah Yeah.. however there is an expected reasonable amount of time I mean a year is a bit over doing it I think personally. Granted legally they don't owe anyone anything back since technically thats what a deposit is for. But morally speaking if you wish to do so, they should for the people who don't have cars because of the numerous delays give a refund to those people. I mean its a bit different then them being just indecisive people who don't know what they want and agree to pay an amount. I mean atleast just charge them a restocking fee? OH Yea, they don't have any done yet to restock :\

So if there is no product why are the very few people with serious issues (as mentioned above) just due to get screwed? Is that fair? I think not but thats just my opinion and as I stated before legally they don't owe anyone anything but the body kits which looked like they were going to be sweet sometime in 2004 or so. :\
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/16/03 08:30 PM
I vote for this thread to be locked until a new thread is made by Kaotic...theres no point in going on and on about something when the company isn't even participating.

You're beating a dead horse...
Posted By: Peach Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/16/03 08:44 PM
Originally posted by perry:
Everybody needs to calm down and act like adults.

Posted By: 97CS Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/16/03 08:46 PM
You might as well leave this thread going, no longer as a GB thread in any way, but as a debate thread based on recent events. I choose not to take part, because yeah, it is like beating a dead horse. Might as well let 'em all get it outta their systems.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/16/03 10:15 PM
Sure, there's the xtreme body kit, but they're still making the side skirts for it, and I think 90% of contour owners wouldn't have that kit on there's cars if they were paid to (no disrespect to those that made it). My point is where are the other manufacturers making kits (good looking ones) for us? Even once they showed pics of the sides,front, and rear, and even the front on matt's car, people still didn't pay up. The money was there for the molds, but I'm sure it made it hard to get the material to make the actual individual kits. And kaotic and nirish tried to be nice to customers, but when customers ask the same stuff over and over and don't show any respect back, then they decided to leave this site until the kits are ready to ship. If you ever talked to nirish, you would realize how much respect he has for us. He didn't want it to take this long and he didn't want to have to just leave this site, but that's what he had to do. We all agree this has taken a long time, but it's happening, so everyone should just grow up and be happy they're getting a kit. I don't understand why anyone would have bought a $650+ body kit for a car they planned to keep less than a year anyways, but I don't feel any sympathy for them. I do think cars that got wrecked,etc. should get some deal worked out though. If other manufacturers of any products for cars come on here and see this thread, then I'm sure they'll run the other way and never think about doing anything for us.
Posted By: jmgilman Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/17/03 12:21 AM
Sure, there's the xtreme body kit, but they're still making the side skirts for it, and I think 90% of contour owners wouldn't have that kit on there's cars if they were paid to (no disrespect to those that made it).

LMFAO....hahaha i couldn't resist...
Posted By: EuroTour Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/17/03 01:49 AM
Why are half the names of people who paid deposits missing from "The List"? Does this mean that i'm no longer in a position of getting a kit?!I recently sent Nirish an E-Mail stating that i am ready to pay in full. I have heard nothing back from him. Sure its not one of the earlier payments, but guess what [censored] happens. I wont bore you with the details but there are things in life that come before my car. Anyways why after all this bitching about people not sending money, have i heard nothing? I sold my SVT kit to cover the cost of this one and now my car has been sitting in my driveway for 2 months now because "kits are shipping next week".
Posted By: outkast Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/17/03 01:59 AM
TOO MUCH HATE HERE AT CEG.....AFTER I POST PICS OF MY CAR
WITH THE XTREME KIT..I,AM DONE WITH CEG AND LOOKING FOWARD
TO MY NEXT 3 CARS...FORD FUTURA.THANKS TO ALL THE GOOD
MEMBERS OF CEG.ITS TIME TO LOOK AHEAD AND FORGET ABOUT
THIS GROUP BUY..THEY NEED TO CLOSE THIS THREAD NOW!!!!!!!
Posted By: Peach Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/17/03 02:02 AM

Too much coffee?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/17/03 02:24 AM
Try to call Nirish or Kaotic. I occasionally talk to nirish, so if you can't get ahold of him, send me your info and I'll try talking to him.
Posted By: 97CS Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/17/03 04:14 AM

Too much coffee?

More like too much immaturity and stupidity.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/17/03 04:23 AM
...AFTER I POST PICS OF MY CAR
WITH THE XTREME KIT..I,AM DONE WITH CEG...

Best news I've had all week.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/17/03 05:42 AM
Sure, there's the xtreme body kit, but they're still making the side skirts for it, and I think 90% of contour owners wouldn't have that kit on there's cars if they were paid to (no disrespect to those that made it). My point is where are the other manufacturers making kits (good looking ones) for us?

Don't be dissin the Nemesis body kit I'd like to see what your red & yellow body kit would come out looking like.

Anyway, this thread is done...lock it already.

If people need to get a hold of Kaotic so bad they can call...this should not be a group discussion about bad business/bad customers, etc. And if hes not coming back til after the kits, no point in having this thread stuck at the top.
Posted By: outkast Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/17/03 02:21 PM
It had to be someone from my area <capitol CEG>
to say that their happy to see me go!
The guy do even no me and thats why you move on to
better things.Sorry I wasn,t part of the capitol CEG
crew...THE END
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/17/03 08:46 PM
Sure, there's the xtreme body kit, but they're still making the side skirts for it, and I think 90% of contour owners wouldn't have that kit on there's cars if they were paid to (no disrespect to those that made it). My point is where are the other manufacturers making kits (good looking ones) for us?

Don't be dissin the Nemesis body kit I'd like to see what your red & yellow body kit would come out looking like.

Umm, do you know something I don't know? I don't have any body kit of any color. Nor would it be red and yellow. You can bash real kits, or my car all you want, but trying to bash my style when you don't even know my style is stupid. I'm sorry you and a few others like the nemesis kit, it's just doesn't flow with a contour at all that's why I said what I said. Just like 17"s on a non-lowered contour aren't cool.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/17/03 10:05 PM
well slap me with some red & yellow paint...
Posted By: twitztour Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/18/03 12:37 AM
LoL well atleast it exists? Ugly or not :P
Posted By: SVTweeter_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/22/03 07:02 PM
waiting for update ...
Posted By: unknown_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/23/03 02:57 AM
Originally posted by SVTweeter:
waiting for update ...

Don't hold your breath..
Posted By: Lazzzy Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/27/03 08:46 PM
Anyone call them lately??
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/27/03 08:58 PM
If y'all want an attorney PM ME!!
Posted By: Ricksvt_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/27/03 10:27 PM
Do you think we need one ?????
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/28/03 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Ricksvt:
Do you think we need one ?????

While it was a joke, it may almost become a reality. I have NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS GB, but I hate seeing all these people getting [censored] over. I mean 1.5 years(close enough), [censored], our cars have depreciated in value by well over 2-3k in most cases. I feel bad for all of you, and I hope something happens. And if it turns out I am dead wrong and these are done tomorrow then so be it. If I get flamed I don't really care! So ha!
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/28/03 01:09 AM
Hello guys and girls. This is 1Sweetride, but I'm sure you can already see that on the left. I just want to say a few things. Sorry to be posting on your G/B Kaotic. I understand a lot of people are upset about how things are going with this g/b. Reguardless if you are in this g/b or in another one I really don't think there is any need to be bad talking anyone or any company's. It really doesn't solve anything. I mean these guys stepped out on a ledge to make something different for our cars. There are not many company's willing to do this. Trust me I have been trying for years. Even though the outcome right now is a little negative at least they did try to give us an oppurtunity to be different. My last thing I would like to say is if you are involved in any of my g/b's (and everyone is entitled to their own opinions) please don't post negatively on other peoples g/b's. I hope I haven't offended anyone. I just don't like the constant bashing of someone or a company that is trying to do something for us. If anyone has a problem with me or my g/b's or anything I ask them to PM me and I think that is how this one should be. OK...Done venting now
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/28/03 02:51 AM
Well put sweetride.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/28/03 02:55 AM
Well put sweetride.

Posted By: GirlieGirlTour98 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/28/03 03:16 AM
Hey, alright im lost on whats going on here. We are still getting our body kits right? Can someone please inform me on this? Thank Ya! Jaime
Posted By: PXRacing Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/28/03 07:24 AM
Unfortuantely your Opinion is meaningless because you know half the BATTLE!!!

A company going out on the limb is 1 thing, not emailing each individual on the GB about the situation, updates as well as whats going on with my(each ones) money is another. Thinking that you will periodically pop up on this thread and make a short but not so enlightening statement(s) after most have patiently waited for over a year for something to happen while all that time our money is floating in limbo (project limbo that is) and than to say at the end for those that have not sent in there balance have lost there deposits is a bunch of CROP!!

IMO things could have been handled better and personally going to the extent they did with our money and then putting us on the spot later was not proffesional. I have really never made any negative statements to this buy until recently and for good reasons!!!

I guess I'm suppose to overlook $150 to cover the excess expenses of the Widebody Kit, Hood and probably more. I kindly emailed (I'll keep the name anonymous) and asked if I could get someone to replace me could I get my money back, I guess that's not good enough for Kaotic, Hmmmmmmm, what a strange bunch of guys. I simply had an issue with shipping to Hawaii that I didn't quite want to cough up the extra cash for....and so the story goes

Funny thing about this very post is, I probably won't get an email about my concerns since my as well as others don't really matter to Kaotic. Personally the Front Clip of the 98+kaotic kit doesn't quite FANCY ME, but that's My Opinon.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/28/03 08:46 PM
if you guys are that concerned about your money then why not call call call...or hell go down to the damn shop if you can.

Its already been stated that they wont post here til they're done because of all the crap...so just call!! What are they gonna do, refuse to answer their phone. If you're that concerned about your money there are other ways of contacting them instead of just looking in this thread over and over and over again knowing you will not find an update then getting pissed off about it.

Just because you believe one side is unprofessional doesn't mean it is okay for you to act the same, put forth some effort and contact these guys another way and find out what is being done with your money...but keep it professional. Hell with the way this is looking, any other company is gonna be too damn scared to work with the people of CEG.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/29/03 02:24 PM
if you guys are that concerned about your money then why not call call call...or hell go down to the damn shop if you can.

Its already been stated that they wont post here til they're done because of all the crap...so just call!! What are they gonna do, refuse to answer their phone. If you're that concerned about your money there are other ways of contacting them instead of just looking in this thread over and over and over again knowing you will not find an update then getting pissed off about it.

Just because you believe one side is unprofessional doesn't mean it is okay for you to act the same, put forth some effort and contact these guys another way and find out what is being done with your money...but keep it professional. Hell with the way this is looking, any other company is gonna be too damn scared to work with the people of CEG.

Nicely Put bro and i agree with ya.
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/29/03 06:52 PM
I'm sure y'all would have found this on your own, but since this thread is tacked and the linked thread isn't, here you go, from the nyceboi himself.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=groupbuy&Number=442259&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1
Posted By: PXRacing Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/31/03 04:39 AM
What's so wrong about my comment

I stated that with the length of time it's been along with the post somewhere earlier stating that all those that haven't sent in there balance will not receive a refund is unprofessional, SIMPLY because Kaotic or whoever for that matter handling this (no names) should have emailed each individual on the GB regarding the situation, I know I would have, at least to those that haven't yet sent there money to see what's going on, not post on a thread that has been ongoing for over a year already.

I guess I'm making my point here that IMO things could have been handled differently and should have! If anything this is a lesson to any other company, Contour or not, in these such situations, try communicating better with the people who actually allowed you to get this all started, in this case I don't think that is to much to aske for. Don't worry I'll be calling them soon
Posted By: Ricksvt_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 10/31/03 10:48 PM
Can someone post the Phone # for these guys. I called the number on there web page and it has been shut off......thanks!!!!!
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 11/01/03 03:27 AM
Originally posted by PXRacing:
What's so wrong about my comment

I stated that with the length of time it's been along with the post somewhere earlier stating that all those that haven't sent in there balance will not receive a refund is unprofessional, SIMPLY because Kaotic or whoever for that matter handling this (no names) should have emailed each individual on the GB regarding the situation, I know I would have, at least to those that haven't yet sent there money to see what's going on, not post on a thread that has been ongoing for over a year already.

I guess I'm making my point here that IMO things could have been handled differently and should have! If anything this is a lesson to any other company, Contour or not, in these such situations, try communicating better with the people who actually allowed you to get this all started, in this case I don't think that is to much to aske for. Don't worry I'll be calling them soon

Amen....

Sorry, but these guys start something on a internet forum. The first place info should be listed is on the forum. Any one with some business experience should be able to comprehend that. Now lets think about this, if you guys are working with fiberglass (ie it has a limited time to work with) and the phone rings, are you gonna stop what your doing to get the phone??

Gee, lets see, the day is over, hey why not post how things are coming along (good idea Knu).....Naah, I'd rather have people call me 15 times a day, thats much better.......

C'mon think about it, if you guys flamed me, would I stop posting here and encourage you to call me instead...... ....... posting on a forum is the easiest way to let everyone know the whole story....THE END.....
Posted By: GirlieGirlTour98 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 11/04/03 04:59 AM
If i send my shipping money will they send me my body kit so i can stop coming here and reading all this b/s? Or is it gonna be another year?
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: Lets Fix This Problem - 11/04/03 03:42 PM
If i send my shipping money will they send me my body kit so i can stop coming here and reading all this b/s? Or is it gonna be another year?

Did you send in your full payment for the kit or just a deposit?

This kit is going to Mike Rohn in Michigan. Were hoping to get at least 2 kits out a week till everyone that has paid in full has recived there kits.

we quite posting do to all the people not involved in this bb posting and causing issues.. we will not now nor ever rip off or steal from anyone. We do not hold the hole group responsible for a few peoples attitudes.. we appreciate your patience and will get everyone there kits shortly.

according to http://www.kaoticinnovations.com/SVT/payment/c27.htm
16 people have paid in full and will recieve there kits over the coming weeks.. 2 have not paid shipping yet.. that's a total of 18 people.. if you are not one of those 18 people but have paid someone other than Kaotic Innovations/Nyceboi money for this kit.. then you have not paid for your kit and a kit will not be shipped to you until Kaotic Innovations/Nyceboi recieves payment.

thanks again for your patience

kaotic innovations

Originally posted by tnovello:
This kit is going to Mike Rohn in Michigan. Were hoping to get at least 2 kits out a week till everyone that has paid in full has recived there kits.

we quite posting do to all the people not involved in this bb posting and causing issues.. we will not now nor ever rip off or steal from anyone. We do not hold the hole group responsible for a few peoples attitudes.. we appreciate your patience and will get everyone there kits shortly.

16 people have paid in full and will recieve there kits over the coming weeks.. 2 have not paid shipping yet.. that's a total of 18 people.. if you are not one of those 18 people but have paid someone other than Kaotic Innovations/Nyceboi money for this kit.. then you have not paid for your kit and a kit will not be shipped to you until Kaotic Innovations/Nyceboi recieves payment.

kaotic innovations

Thank you for the update!

I understand why KI doesn't want to post here.

Could you at least post when a person's kit is going to ship?

Thanks!

kaotic innovations

w00t

See that wasnt so bad as Pete said, could ya post when others ship so we know to keep an eye out for a semi with our name on it

Edit: BTW- that looks purdy........
WHoa!!!! Sweet! The kits look VERy nice . CAn the 98+ kits still be purchased?. Would be cool if kaotic was still up for making and selling the 98+ kits. But i understand if they dont want to, i read allll thoes posts about whether or not if the kits were being made and well...im not gunna say anything or else someone might get all over me lol. Anyways good job on the kits kaotic!
Ok.. yes we will be updating on what ships.. but mostly we will be sending emails to each person with a tracking number when the parts ship.

Yes the kit is still for sale. once the GB parts are shipped this kit is on the market for sale to anyone.

ONce again. we're sorry for the delays.. and this will be worked out for everyone shortly..

Kaotic
Please let me know when all the group buy orders are filled.
I really want to order a kit for my car.
Ahhhhhh...Joy.

Thanks for the update guys. Bumpers look great. They'll look a hell of a lot better once installed though!
Guys,

I have to apologize for the way I did not update. I was not considering the group to be a pain but a select few were working my last nerves. Those who try to call, it will be no use as we are pdating our whole shop including networking the phones and computers. You guys should be pleased with the kit fitment and quality. There will be the typical bodywork required, but no cutting and reglassing. a full instruction packet including any new hardware needed will be provided. Read the packet first so you get the best fit out of your kit. Upon deleivery check the box for damage before the deleivery company leaves....shipping damage will not be taken up with us. It is between you and the shipping company.
With this being said I hope you will accept my apologies and I will be posting a lot more now that we are back and stronger.
I decided to just put mine up on my wall it looks so perdy... that way it wont get messed up like the rest of my ride.

One question for you dudes - That kit is going to mike in MI, is it a safe assumption that since he's the first on the list we can loosly anticipate 2 people a week on down from him on the kaotic payment list?

I decided to just put mine up on my wall it looks so perdy... that way it wont get messed up like the rest of my ride.

One question for you dudes - That kit is going to mike in MI, is it a safe assumption that since he's the first on the list we can loosly anticipate 2 people a week on down from him on the kaotic payment list?

Yes ruffly 2 people a week down the list not counting those who have not paid shipping yet. No one gets a kit if they aren't paid in full
Hey I'm Zack Steffes and I paid in full and on the website it says I paid in full but I paid my deposit to Terry and my balance and shipping to Nyceboi. Is there a problem with my money or anything?
If the website says your paid in full then there is no problem and you'll be getting your kit
k so whos kits are going out next?
Hey dudes at Kao ...

I'm #6 and its been two weeks since posting, any chance mine going out soon?

Jared
Not likely. Mine (kit #2) was supposed to ship last week and have not anything from them.
your kit was shipped. i sent you the tracking number the next kit to ship will be for #4 on the list.. and then #5 next week.. due to the holiday week next week number #6 will be shipped the week of the 30th..

your kit was shipped. i sent you the tracking number the next kit to ship will be for #4 on the list.. and then #5 next week.. due to the holiday week next week number #6 will be shipped the week of the 30th..

I love you, I'll love you even more when kit 14 is here!!!

I'm also waiting on a hood for someone here in Chicago that was supposed to be shipped with my kit. Are those going out any time soon?
Sweet, maybe I'll get mine for Christmas, do you offer gift wrap?
i sent my shipping money a few weeks ago i am the 2# person on the list i have emailed you guy to find out whats going on please give me a heads up
Originally posted by Ricksvt:
i sent my shipping money a few weeks ago i am the 2# person on the list i have emailed you guy to find out whats going on please give me a heads up

My guess would be to place you at the end of the line, considering that they are already at #4.
relax I,am going waiting for my nemesis
kit too
hate to butt in , but whats up with the hoods? I just am waiting to see one
ttt.

I am #4 on the list any update?

Well, I'm #6 and no update as of Dec 5th @ 5pm PST
update plz

Well, I'm #6 and no update as of Dec 5th @ 5pm PST

I'm #18 so call my grand kids when its in j/k!
if you are having a problem call them. Dont just sit there crying. You know where to find the #.
hasnt it become obvious yet that they'd just rather cry about it?
hasnt it become obvious yet that they'd just rather cry about it?

Bump
hey everyone i am in a group buy with slick 95gl
he is getting the rear bumper.
i decided i kinda want it also.
so if anyone out there wants to sale me there kits rear bumper.
or if there other people out that want to buy a kit together.
talk to me.

anyone recieve there kit yet or at least the trackin # and know where it is?
Bump

Yea whats going om hear. I thought we were doing good.
aren't they taking a break until after the holidays?
no thats not what they told me last week.
Bump

ttt...has ANYBODY gotten their kit?
nope, but i am last on the list, I cant wait to see some pics though!
Supposedly Kaotic is still on vacation. At least thats what I was told the recorded said. You can you guys smell that. Thats the smell of fraud
Supposedly Kaotic is still on vacation. At least thats what I was told the recorded said. You can you guys smell that. Thats the smell of fraud

then they have a huge lawsuit coming there way if thats true!

Oops I meant recording. But yea, this is just absurd. Notice how Nyceboi said he would post here more often, and now he is not here at all. I am not sure a lawsuit would even do anything, as they probaly don't have any money to throw back. But maybe set up a deadline.
So what have you guys accomplished in the time frame of this GB.

Me, I have moved into a new apartment; designed, planned, financed and almost completed the building of a new house; got engaged; almost sold my SVT (not even trying to sell it at the time); and these yoyo's cant even finish 5 kits...............

The sad thing is that I still WANT the KIT.
So what have you guys accomplished in the time frame of this GB.

Me, I have moved into a new apartment; designed, planned, financed and almost completed the building of a new house; got engaged; almost sold my SVT (not even trying to sell it at the time); and these yoyo's cant even finish 5 kits...............

The sad thing is that I still WANT the KIT.

i started school, graduated from it with my associates, got a job, worked it for 10 months, only to have the place go out of business. save up, and build a whole 3L swap with all the goodies, im now looking for a job, and im gonna enroll in a community college for 1 class (so i can retain student status and not have to pay back student loans, im goin to college full time in the fall for my batchelors)
I left an left an old job, was out of work for 5 months, got a new job and will have been there a year next month, on top of almost selling the car twice, and may still sell it.
this is just stupid
Originally posted by slick 95 gl:
this is just stupid

I agree! I thought I was lucky to get in at the last moment back 2! septembers ago and MAn was I wronge! I am really dissappointed in this whole deal. I am in college and I put every penny I had into this stupid kit and still nothing! I am graduating in May and I thought I would have been able to enjoy this kit on my car for atleast a year by now! I want to buy a new car for grad and I have almost sold my car 3 times! AHHHH!
I just talked to NyceBoi on AIM and he said that he thiks they will come through that they are jst behind and [censored]. Dont plan on any updates from him because he said that "he's done his part" and its up to them to finish it. So I guess we are just dealing with Kaotic for any sort of update!
what is the phone # there im just about ready to call my lawyer. I have not said any thing in three years. and thats about how long i have waited for this f***in kit Mr. Hellahydo aka terry will not return the calls we have all been had. I am really tired of waiting for nothing....$19,500.00 we sent them and thats not including shipping
i would have been in the pre 98 buy but decided it was more important to get the maintainance done instead...meanwhile, i've moved twice...created and had born a son who is now gonna be 3 months old on jan 10...had my car die and stay dead for 6 months now, bought and sold another car and gone thru one job that shut the doors and about to have another one if all goes well...

i've watched from afar, but kept my mouth out of it as well as the other group buy that has gone really sh*tty, but this is just ridiculous...im to the point where i know i'll not participate in any big expensive group buy from now on

its funny to see the people who create the buys complain about buyers not coming thru...after looking at this buy and the pre 98 bumper buy, hell why would anyone try to trust someone with so much hard earned money

i hope u all get your parts or your money back...i'd hate to see so much money from good people go up in smoke
The best kit ever made for the contour!Sorry to say that
your dealing with a group of scam artist.Most of you
don,t like the xtreme kit,but it was made and shipped in
less than 6 months.You guys should take legal action before
its too late.
Here is Kaotic's info, I say all of us that are actually a part of this group buy. Call them untill we see some results.

Kaotic Innovations
2870 Feather River Blvd STE. B
Oroville, Ca 95965
ph. 530-532-0967
fax. 916-683-0444
man I feel so bad for all of you. I was thinking of getting in on this group buy, but money was tight and so I didn't. The last time I posted on here (I have been extremely busy and haven't had too much time in the last year or so) was about the time when the first pictures of the kit in development on nycobei's car and they were saying kits would ship out the next month. This was well over a year ago I believe. I would definitely demand some answers, and some sort of resolution (whether it be the finished products or refunds with restitution). What happened in this Group Buy is just asinine! I wish all of you luck when you decide to take action against this company.
There are more than 15 claimants.

Collectively hire an attorney and file a class action lawsuit.
Posted By: 818Contour Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/12/04 11:17 PM
Remember this post from 8/11/03. You guys should have listened to him, but how could you guys have known? I feel really bad for you guys involved in this GB. I'm lucky I found this site after this GB was started, otherwise I would have been in on it too.

I hate to flood the boards, but I am just going to copy and paste what I wrote in the other thread. If this is against forum policies than feel free to move, just keep in mind I am looking out in the best interest for the customer:

WARNING TO ALL BUYING A KAOTIC KIT!!!
I am a Ford Probe owner. I am on this forum to help you guys out. Kaotic did one of these group buys for the Ford Probe about 4 months ago. I ordered a front bumper, and a hood from them, I paid on 4/25...
Have I gotten the parts yet? No.
Have I gotten my $640 back yet? No.
They first said there was a delay with boxes. Then they kept saying this. Then they started saying that it was a delay with the molds, then the boxes, then the shipping, the run-around went on, FOR A WHILE. Obviously. Then, I told them, on a certain Wednesday, I want my money back if you don't ship it by Sunday. They said, ok, it will go out on Friday at the latest. I said fine, I even gave them two extra days, to be nice(After THREE MONTHS of them having my $640.) I called all weekend, because I got no notification of my kit being shipped. I called, no answer, AT ALL, alllllllllll weekend, morning, night, whatever. I left tons of messages with my name, phone number, and a brief message. Then they come to me on Monday on the internet. And I tell them I want my money back, they tell me it's already been shipped, and if I cancel my orderd I will only get ~320 back. That's crap. I found out that their shipper (Yellow Freight) DIDN'T even ship the kit..... Then they go on about a 35% restocking fee. Which is crap, because there were other people waiting for the kits just like me, it's not like it would be a big trouble for them to "restock" it.(Assuming they even made it.) Well, it turns out Tony Novello and Christopher Crofty(Owners of Kaotic, along with Christopher's wife.) don't even have a business license to sell. They have unsafe working condition, but they think that since their shop is online, nobody will ever know. I know a lot of other people who have given money and still not received a kit, or even an update. Then, I decided to contact the BBB ( www.bbb.com ) and file a complaint, Kaotic said they wouldn't answer, and therefore the BBB could do nothing about it. This is technically true, although, refusing to even speak with the BBB makes the company look VERY BAD. I've saved all of my conversations with widebodyprober and tjnovello so if you want them just ask. You might think, well, you're just a newb, you're probably lying.

Why would I lie? I'm just doing this so that YOU GUYS don't get screwed out of the money the way I did. I worked as hard as I could for that money, and they just took it, and they spent it on a vacation. Yes. They spent it on a vacation.
Now they just refuse to even acknowledge my existence, I am out $640. I hope you guys don't make my mistake too.
Don't buy from Kaotic.

Posted By: Nate S Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/12/04 11:30 PM
lawsuit. now.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/12/04 11:31 PM
i'm starting to feel bad that i stood up for them..
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Nate S:
lawsuit. now.

I am starting to think so!
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 12:11 AM
if i file a lawsuit, im making sure not only do i get my money back, but Kaotic goes out of business.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 12:39 AM
i'm starting to feel bad that i stood up for them..

You're not the only one. I feel lucky to be out only $75, but it still sucks, and if they don't refund money/get these kits out, then I'll contribute what I can to a lawsuit.
Posted By: Nate S Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 12:56 AM
Originally posted by XKontour98:
lawsuit. now.

I am starting to think so!

ahah i never even had anything to do with this damn group buy and i want to contribute
(though i almost did get in on it)
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 12:56 AM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
if i file a lawsuit, im making sure not only do i get my money back, but Kaotic goes out of business.

I just want what i payed for 6 months ago. i dont know how some of you guys did it over a year.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 01:11 AM
I just received an email from Crofty59 saying that kits are still in production and I should see mine soon, and I am far down the list. So will see. But lawsuit is definitly an option, but you can only sue him for what he has, which is probaly not much and than we may never get a kit or all of the money back if any.
Posted By: Freakshow Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 01:13 AM
Someone posted in another thread that if more than 10 people are involved you all can collectively file a class action lawsuit. I'm not sure how accurate that info is but someone might wanna check into it. I feel bad for all the people that got so excited about this kit only to wait and wait and wait...for nothing.
Posted By: Nate S Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 01:58 AM
But lawsuit is definitly an option, but you can only sue him for what he has, which is probaly not much and than we may never get a kit or all of the money back if any.

and thats when you start to liquidate all of his assets and send him to jail.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 04:39 AM
Originally posted by freakshow:
Someone posted in another thread that if more than 10 people are involved you all can collectively file a class action lawsuit. I'm not sure how accurate that info is but someone might wanna check into it. I feel bad for all the people that got so excited about this kit only to wait and wait and wait...for nothing.

Thats me!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 05:10 AM
I don't know about u guys filing lawsuits and all that

I just want to see some damn body kits personally...

Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 05:10 AM
But lawsuit is definitly an option, but you can only sue him for what he has, which is probaly not much and than we may never get a kit or all of the money back if any.

and thats when you start to liquidate all of his assets and send him to jail.

Posted By: sigma Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 05:12 AM
The important thing here is to do a little more than talk about a lawsuit. As long as no one actually does anything you won't be getting anywhere.
Posted By: Nate S Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 05:20 AM
well i think the first step would be to have someone call over there, threatening to take legal action
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 05:30 AM
well i think the first step would be to have someone call over there, threatening to take legal action

Umm, haven't you read they don't answer the phone.
Posted By: Nate S Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 05:33 AM
still, its worth a try. maybe they will start to listen to their phone when they hear that message, you never know though. after that i would just call your lawyer and ask for advice.
Posted By: tnovello Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 01:53 PM
Ok.. sorry we haven't been on here again for a few weeeks.. Now i know everyone is waiting.. we're working on getting things done.. and i know we haven't shipped a kit since thanks giving. we're working to get everything back up to speed.. but with the holidays.. and personal problems we've both been dealing with. i can't state why chris is not here at the moment.. but he will when he gets the chance. but i have been going back and forth from the shop to my parents house do to the fact that my father had a heart attack.. now. now that he's out of the hospital i can be back at the shop full time. chris is dealing with his own medical problems and is working to get them sorted out so that he .. can be back here full time. we will be back to shipping one to 2 kits a week very shortly.. and we are sorry for the delays. but there is nothing we can do about them..
Posted By: outkast Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 03:10 PM
don,t fall for that B S.File a complaint with the state.
I,am sure theres a federal law against internet scams.You,ll
get what you want faster!If they want to make the kits
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 03:53 PM
we will be back to shipping one to 2 kits a week very shortly..

Name two successive weeks when kits were delivered.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 03:59 PM
Ok.. sorry we haven't been on here again for a few weeeks.. Now i know everyone is waiting.. we're working on getting things done.. and i know we haven't shipped a kit since thanks giving. we're working to get everything back up to speed.. but with the holidays.. and personal problems we've both been dealing with. i can't state why chris is not here at the moment.. but he will when he gets the chance. but i have been going back and forth from the shop to my parents house do to the fact that my father had a heart attack.. now. now that he's out of the hospital i can be back at the shop full time. chris is dealing with his own medical problems and is working to get them sorted out so that he .. can be back here full time. we will be back to shipping one to 2 kits a week very shortly.. and we are sorry for the delays. but there is nothing we can do about them..

Few weeks? Crofty hasnt posted for over 2 months! (11/6/03 was his last post) and yours was 11/18/03 before now. Fellas, this isnt how you run a business and your certainly not building a reputable name for yourself. You guys are dealing with very frustrated customers, including myself and all weve heard this whole time is your sorry! Im sorry to hear your father had a heart attack, but you could have taken 5 minutes out of your day, as well as Crofty, to post an update or why kits havent been shipping out. You can see were at the point where were ready to take legal action. I want my kit as well as everyone else, but if things dont change, ill make sure they do.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 07:56 PM
Hmm Crofty posts more over on www.termpro.com forums than he does here. I am waiting for him start some kind of money sceme over there as well. Doesnt seem like his problems are that bad if he can post and keep up with topics over there and not keep up on his obligations here. His most recent post was SATURDAY. And he has had a steady posting spree lately. No time to post here, haha im sorry but i cant see how youll can actualy believe these people.
Posted By: Nate S Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 08:14 PM
notice how they reply right after we start discussing a lawsuit...
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/13/04 11:39 PM
I will put it this way. if i dont have what i payed for by March. I want my money back. If i dont get it i will hire a Lawyer to handle my case down there.
Posted By: lsneo Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/15/04 12:39 AM
i sent both tony and chris this email

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi this is julio from ceg. So far i have been very patient with you guys and the production of the kit. I feel we have been waiting too long and its time for an answer. I like others on CEG am putting a dead line on you guys for either my kit or my money. They dead will be the first of march. if by that time i dont have my tracking number with the kit actually on a truck or i dont have the kit i will have my bank press charges and we will make sure we have this resolved. I payed with checks and so far both checks for shipping and handling have been cashed so i expect a shipment. I have also downloaded your website and taken screen shots of it showing that i have payed both shipping charges and the charges of the body kit. I also have paper copies from my checkbook and from my bank account stating that 1. I sent the money and 2. the checks have been cashed. I am sorry it has come down to this but i feel that i am doing the proper thing.
Posted By: tnovello Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/15/04 01:33 AM
Crofty is done posting on this board.. he doesn't want to hear everyone going off anymore.. he's frustrated.. and besides he's out for at least a couple weeks do to his wife being diagnosed with cancer.. though this is none of you guys concern he's not here.. and I am the only one working to finish the kits we have for multiple cars.. i have talked to a couple people over aim.. I am working on getting the next kits out.. 3 people have recieved there kits.. the remaining will recieve there kits.. We will not rip you off.. we did not do this just to make money.. we are planning on getting kits out to everyone. I am the only one doing this now.. ONE person.. i can only go so freaking fast.. and i can't post daily on who's getting what when i don't even know... i know you guys are pissed. i know your frustrated. i know you guys want your kits.. and i want everyone to get there kits.

this was not my project to begin wiht.. chris was trying to do you guys a favor in getting you a kit no one elese would do.. now i understand why no one else would do it..
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/15/04 01:40 AM
now i understand why no one else would do it..

Why not?????
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/15/04 01:45 AM
Originally posted by bk4293:
now i understand why no one else would do it..

Why not?????

Because companies can't offer customer support or make a product in a timely manner like they said they would.

I guess getting my $75 is gonna be outta the question for a while,, though I would like to see it back. My car needs new struts among other things and that money would be nice. If you (tnovello) don't know, I made a $75 deposit a while back along with Matt (speed demon) to get the other half of his kit. It took so long, I spent my money on other things and would like my $75 back please. You can ask nirish about this if you want. Thank you.
Posted By: sigma Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/15/04 01:45 AM
Quote:

this was not my project to begin wiht.. chris was trying to do you guys a favor in getting you a kit no one elese would do.. now i understand why no one else would do it..

Yeah, I know.

Those damn Contour owners. Rotten little bast4rds want something they paid for 2 years ago. I mean, Come On!

Go whine to someone who gives a damn.

Next time you go to Wal-Mart, do all your shopping, go to the register and give the cashier $1,500. Then, wouldn't it be funny if she told you that you couldn't have your stuff for 2 years so you had to leave it there.

Sure, when you come back all the food will be rotten and you won't want most of the other stuff in the basket anymore, but hey you got your stuff right!
Posted By: Freakshow Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/15/04 03:33 AM
It's probably none of my business as I'm not in this GB but I have been following it for a while as I was considering one of these kits at a later date BUT is it just me or is saying "I'm done posting on CEG because I'm tired of all the complaining" then refusing to give people updates sort of like if you went to mcDonald's and bought a value meal at the drive thru, paid at the window then sat there for about 30 minutes waiting and the person stopped opening the drive thru window to tell you they are "working at getting your big mac done" because they're tired of hearing you complain about not having your food?
Just my observation but if you start a business venture like this regardless of how angry people get you have an OBLIGATION to those customers who gave you their hard earned cash to keep them updated when things don't go as planned. I think that some consistent updates would have squelched a lot of the anger currently floating around but without any contact with the customers people started fearing the worst...just really bad business IMO.

P.S. That whole "so and so did this to do you guys a favor because no one else would" excuse is a load of crap. It's nice when people make attempts to create new aftermarket stuff for our cars but if you can't do it right then don't even bother and don't try to make it out like the CEGers who gave up their money AGES ago are are the ones at fault here.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/15/04 03:37 AM
yeah, and im losing interest on my money too!
Posted By: Nate S Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/15/04 03:55 AM
opportunity cost!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/15/04 04:49 AM
I do remember the creators of this group buy stating several times that "people need to come through" on their payments.

Now that everyone has come through with their money...you must come through with the kit.

You expected money and you received it, now people expect a kit...saying they will ship out in the next 'x' amount of days will not hold people over anymore.

Now you obviously have the kits completed, so get these people their kits...I'm sure attitudes will change when everyone has received what they've paid for.
Posted By: RoeCyris Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/15/04 05:02 AM
(im just an observer who checks in every now and then and im NOT here to offer my 2 cents)

could i see a pic of some of the kits. any pictures. im interested b/c i would like to see if the kits look like they are worth the money & trouble surrounding them.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/15/04 05:05 AM
The kit looks very good, but whether it's worth the trouble is a good question,, seeing as only one person has received one bumper so far, I'd say they're not worth the trouble. A lot of people sold their cars before the molds even got made.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/15/04 05:18 AM
Originally posted by RoeCyris:
could i see a pic of some of the kits. any pictures. im interested b/c i would like to see if the kits look like they are worth the money & trouble surrounding them.

HAHAHA! We would like to see a pic of the kit completed on a vehicle too! the only difference is that we already dumped a lot of money into this crap too long ago and all we've seen is a load of BS oiling up!
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/15/04 06:37 AM
Crofty is done posting on this board.. he doesn't want to hear everyone going off anymore.. he's frustrated.. and besides he's out for at least a couple weeks do to his wife being diagnosed with cancer.. though this is none of you guys concern he's not here..

Sorry to hear of his wife's illness, hope things go well for them.

I am the only one working to finish the kits we have for multiple cars.. i have talked to a couple people over aim.. I am working on getting the next kits out.. 3 people have recieved there kits.. the remaining will recieve there kits....

So what number on the list are we on then?

We will not rip you off.. we did not do this just to make money.. we are planning on getting kits out to everyone. I am the only one doing this now.. ONE person.. i can only go so freaking fast.. and i can't post daily on who's getting what when i don't even know... i know you guys are pissed. i know your frustrated. i know you guys want your kits.. and i want everyone to get there kits.

Posting daily is not required, but you frequent www.probetalk.com daily where I had to PM you to get a response in the first place. Once a week would be fine, or would you rather have us call you daily to interupt you while you are at work?

Ok, so you did not start this, your business partner did. Now you have two choices; 1) finish the kit or 2) return payments, but please dont do use any favors, after all its not like we paid you to do this

Posted By: tnovello Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/19/04 08:56 AM

but another little bit of information.. Kaotic Innovations is close.. done.. gone.. We're working to get everyones kits out in the next 3 weeks.. to finish the orders that we currently have..as for what number kit we're on.. You'll have to wait to find out. the kits hopefully will be shipped all together in the next 3 weeks.. I will update when the kits ship and not before.

welp.. seeing as you have to resort to trying and start a board war by posting [censored] on PT.. that's fine..

I spend my time on other message boards because i do.. i don't need to justify why i spend time on other message boards and not here..
Posted By: Nate S Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/19/04 04:10 PM
I spend my time on other message boards because i do.. i don't need to justify why i spend time on other message boards and not here..

these people paid you to make a body kit. since you are employed by them, you owe it to THEM to be accessible- it is your obligation, which comes with part of the job. and since it seems that you do not answer your phone, it is going to be necessary for you to continue to provide these people with updates on here. hence, youre going to need to spend some time on here (like you have been this past week) to keep people notified of what's going on.
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/20/04 05:01 AM

welp.. seeing as you have to resort to trying and start a board war by posting [censored] on PT.. that's fine..

Maybe I missed something, I sent you a PM on PT, nothing rude or bashing was included, just for you to turn your attention to us since things were/are getting ugly. You replied, we were happy, all was fine.

Next day I get an email from Nirish, says to check out CEG asap, he got screwed, cars not done, yada yada yada.....

Nirish is flippin, we're all pissed. I make a post questioning Crofty and his integretity, I never attacked you personally. I posted relevant, factual information about our current situation with Kaotic Innovations with links to Nirish's thread so that everyone would see the truth.

As for a board war, most of the PT members were speechless, I beleive one quote was "thats F'd up". There was not much of a war going on, Maybe a USA vs Iraq sorta thing, I was not attacking though. Sometimes the truth hurts...... One person did say you were a stand up guy, again I never mentioned your name once in that thread I would gladly link the page for you, but it seems to be removed, how ironic.

For the last 14 months I have been patiently waiting, I havent said much of anything negative till maybe the last month. Why? Because we do not hear from you! If you gave some one you did not know $15,000 for a product, wouldnt you like to hear from him weekly at the least? Do you really want us to call, guess not, cuz no one's "home" You then come on hear saying that you are doing us "favors", well that is a JOKE. Seriously how thick headed can you be? Its like getting a job and your boss has the audacity to ask you to work, the nerve of that guy....LOL

I assume Kaotic Innovations was a registed Legal Entity with the State of CA. Well if you were a partner of it (I ASSuME again ), I would be considered a patron of your establishment and if making money for yourself is doing me/us a "favor", you have the wrong idea about being self employeed.....

I'm not trying to be a d!ck, but that has got to be the funniest thing I have heard from a business.
Posted By: GirlieGirlTour98 Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/20/04 10:34 AM
Im going to wait 3 more weeks and if kits are not being shipped out then i will request my money back. This is ridiculous, Im starting to feel like an idiot for even believing im ever going to get a kit. I have not sent my shipping money yet, only because I dont want to lose anymore money until i know for sure im getting the kit.

This has been going on for almost 2 years!! And he says he doesnt want to post on here because hes sick of us complaining? Well im sick of being promised kits being shipped out and they never are. Ive been telling people, im getting a body kit, blah, blah, for all this time. Everyone is like have you not realized you got ripped off? But still i take up for kaotic and say there are sending it, it just takes a while. Well to tell you the truth i am really fed up with this!!!!!
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/20/04 04:19 PM
This has been going on for almost 2 years!! And he says he doesnt want to post on here because hes sick of us complaining? Well im sick of being promised kits being shipped out and they never are. Ive been telling people, im getting a body kit, blah, blah, for all this time. Everyone is like have you not realized you got ripped off? But still i take up for kaotic and say there are sending it, it just takes a while. Well to tell you the truth i am really fed up with this!!!!!

: mad:
I second this statement!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/20/04 05:23 PM
... chris was trying to do you guys a favor in getting you a kit no one elese would do.. now i understand why no one else would do it..

Its great that Chris wanted to offer kits for the Contour, but we are NOT in this situation because of anything CEG did or didn't do. To try & pass this off as a reason why its a [censored] to work with CEG is like sayin', "I wrecked my car driving 130 mph in the rain, frickin' CEGs fault.".

I think these guys have offered plenty of production time for the kits, & have made deposits & full payments. How would you take it if you put money down on a new car & the dealer didn't deliver it for 15 months...

Let's keep some proper perspective on reality & get some kits delivered. Thanks go to you, by the way, for picking up the ball on this one. CEG appreciates your effort. <S>

Posted By: EuroTour Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/20/04 05:29 PM
Mods. Is there any way we can have all the "GB Kaotic" posts limited to one thread. It gets confusing trying to check them all. Thanks.
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/20/04 06:30 PM
Originally posted by EuroTour99:
It gets confusing trying to check them all. Thanks.

LOL...there is two threads......
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/20/04 06:51 PM

Yeah. This is the group buy thread, and the one in General is a rant from nyceboi about Kaotic.
Posted By: onosway Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/20/04 11:32 PM

Yeah. This is the group buy thread, and the one in General is a rant from nyceboi about Kaotic.

but both of them have an uncanny relationship...dun dun dun!

I think i'm going to have to get my car fixed myself guys...
Posted By: auiotour Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/27/04 03:41 AM

hey saw a car that looked a lot like yours, check it out, the kit is aviable here too, I emailed them questioning about it, seems the company is in cali also!

http://www.andysautosport.com/Bodykits/ford_98contourkits.html

Wow, they parked so close to perfect. Looks like a decent photochop. To bad this kit isn't around.
Posted By: Pienstars Re: Kaotic Kit? - 01/27/04 04:01 AM
Originally posted by auiotour:

hey saw a car that looked a lot like yours, check it out, the kit is aviable here too, I emailed them questioning about it, seems the company is in cali also!

http://www.andysautosport.com/Bodykits/ford_98contourkits.html

Wow, they parked so close to perfect. Looks like a decent photochop. To bad this kit isn't around.

That's the company that has taken over the project from kaotic "see other thread for details".
whats the url, i dont see it in the GB
look right above the pictures
So u can now buy the C27 kit???? I went to that webpage and they are sellin it. Is it legit? Because if it is... .
Yes andy's is now manufacturing and marketing this kit
Once you guys get your kits.I,ll buy a front bumper
from andysautosport.com.
Yes andy's is now manufacturing and marketing this kit

i'm so lost because i rarely get a chance to check the threads so is this statement right? we will get our kits?
They are making the 98+ for the Kaotic GB, if you have a pre 98 I have no idea what's going on with that

Anybody here with an SVT ,thats getting the Kaotic kit, want to sell me there SVT bumpers?

I really want the SVT kit on my Contour!
They are making the 98+ for the Kaotic GB, if you have a pre 98 I have no idea what's going on with that

i'm in the original 98+ group buy with another guy, i'm only getting the rear bumper.

so we dont have to pay anymore money or what?
Originally posted by slick 95 gl:

i'm in the original 98+ group buy with another guy, i'm only getting the rear bumper.

so we dont have to pay anymore money or what?

I Don't have anymore money!!!
Posted By: leo_dup1 READ THIS - 02/04/04 02:54 AM
this is a response i got from andy's in regard to a couple of questions. i dont like there response

Leo,

The group buy was going on with a different company named Kaotik Innovations or something. We have control of their molds now and we are not running a group buy I don't think. You might want to contact ericferguson@sbcglobal.net if you have questions about that. Otherwise you can definitely order the rear or other individual parts seperately.

If you have other questions please email me back.

Jalal Mosameh
Andys Auto Sport
1666 S. Main St. Suite#A
Milpitas, CA 95035
T: 800-419-1152 - X:103
F: 408-863-9526

1986 Toyota Corolla
1993 Honda Civic - Turbo
2001 Honda CBR 600F4i
----- Original Message -----
To: Comments@andysautosport.com
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 8:34 PM
Subject: 98 contour kit

Well i am not sure if you guys are taking over the group buy for this kit but i hope you are. i just really want it.
i also had one question can we order seprate parts now or do we have to wait till the group buy kits go out.
the reason i am asking is i went in on a kit with a friend he is getting the rear and i am gettign the front and sides. but now i would like to purchase a rear sepratly.
THANKS in advance

great site

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: READ THIS - 02/04/04 05:10 AM
Well, all they're saying is that they are not running a group buy, which they are not at this point. From my understanding, all they're doing right now is finishing what should have been done, not running a group buy.
Posted By: BMorgn66 Re: READ THIS - 02/04/04 06:02 PM
I Emailed www.andysautosport.com about the kit in question, because i was interested in ordering it, yes they are available, all 4 pieces, they will take about 3 weeks for delivery. I think i will be ordering one shortly.

Bryan
Posted By: GirlieGirlTour98 Re: READ THIS - 02/21/04 09:32 AM
Does anyone know who i should contact about getting my money back. Im tired of this, I can use the money to do something else to my car like start saving for a turbo!!!
Anyone know???
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: READ THIS - 02/21/04 05:06 PM
Have you been following or reading anything . Check the general forum. We don't post in this thread anymore.
© CEG Archives