Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: bamf2go Rota Attack wheels... - 07/12/03 11:40 AM
This is purely an interest gauge. 10 sets of 4 wheels would need to be sold (10 people, 4 wheels each). They are called Rota Attack's and only weigh 17lbs. The two colors available are black with a silver polished lip or the entire wheel steel grey. I'm not positive but I do believe the offset would be 45mm and are 17x7.5. Prices are not certain yet but I would expect somewhere close to $150 each. Here is a link to a picture of them on 1314's car in black with the silver lip PIC. They can also be viewed at ZXTuner . So, any interest?
Posted By: g r y m e s_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/12/03 11:52 AM
But the price is $148.75 on the site you just linked. Shouldnt a Group Buy constitute lower prices? You are talking about the 17" 17pd Rotas, right?
Posted By: bamf2go Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/12/03 12:27 PM
The prices are not final yet and the only way those wheels can be purchased is through a special order in which a minimum number of wheels must be purchased. The $150 is not at all certain yet but rather an approximate figure. And in the first post I also indicated (in answer to your question) that the wheels weigh 17lbs and measure 17" in diameter and 7.5" in width.
Posted By: bamf2go Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/13/03 11:29 PM
hmm, nobody like these wheels?
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/14/03 01:18 AM
I would be in if I wasnt in the middle of rounding up an SVT body kit.

Originally posted by bamf2go:
hmm, nobody like these wheels?

Give them a little while longer. You did bring it up on the weekend.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/14/03 01:29 AM
Oh, I'm VERY interested just no money now. Give it some time, this may work.

Personally I'd need a couplea months so count me out.
Posted By: RoadRunner_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/14/03 07:42 AM
I am looking for wheels that are Black with a polish lip.
The ROTA Attacks are interesting, but I'm, looking for a Tire/Wheel offer.
The Wheels don't do me any good if they don't have any rubber on them...
Posted By: bamf2go Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/14/03 12:00 PM
Alrighty I got all of the info back about this group buy from Rob at ZXTuner, so here it is...

Group Buy Info:

- 7 sets of wheels need to be sold, 6 besides me (Rob keeps 12 wheels for ZXTuner)
- price for 4 wheels is $595 ($30 for shipping to CA, $60 in the lower 48 states, special quotes necessary for Canada, Hawaii, and Alaska)
- Time frame would be 8 weeks from the time we send all of the money in (they need to custom drill the wheels)
- Also, all of the wheels must be ONE color, I am guessing the most popular will be black with a silver polished lip

Wheel Info:

- Size: 17x7.5
- Weight: approx. 17lbs
- Color: black with a silver lip

There is no rush on this group buy, these are simply the requirements and information about it. I would love to get a set of these wheels as I imagine others on this forum would too, however I understand there have been quite a few group buys recently and people are broke as [censored]. So when there are 6 people (besides myself) who have the money and wish to purchase these wheels, this group buy will go down. Remember, if anyone wants to see these wheels on a contour, look for pictures 1314's car (black svt with 17" black w/ silver lip rota attacks).

Michael
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/14/03 12:33 PM
I don't want to sound mean or anything, but how is this a group buy special deal if it's the same exact price as the website?
Posted By: bamf2go Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/14/03 12:50 PM
Agh! Jeez, sorry I completely forgot to explain. These wheels are NOT available unless they are ordered in a group buy fashion. Although the ZXTuner website has them listed and priced, they are not actually available (not in stock) and will not be available unless a group buy is started (they won't stock them unless a certain amount are ordered). So the point of this group buy is not to get the wheels at a lower price, but to be able to get the wheels at all (which no one can at this point). Sorry everyone, I forgot to explain that.

Michael
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/14/03 04:32 PM
Dude, for four wheels at that price I'm in! May take me a bit to get the money together but for lightweight at 7.5" width I'm in! (They're heavier than the ones I was looking at but for 7" wheels at $475 apiece I'd have to pass them up for this...)
Posted By: bamf2go Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/17/03 01:56 AM
For the price they really are awesome wheels, pretty light, and they have the extra half an inch which helps out with handling...plus they look awesome! Like I said before, there is no rush on this, so anyone who is interested please just post here or pm me and I will try to work something out when everyone is ready to go through with a group buy.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/17/03 03:00 PM
I don't know if the extra .5" does anything for handling. I think a 7" wheel is wide enough for our cars. My wheels are 8" wide (almost too wide ), and I doubt it does anything for the handling...it just adds weight.
That aside, I think the attacks are great. Too bad all of the orders have to be the same color. I don't want a black wheel w/ silver lips.
Posted By: bamf2go Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/18/03 07:44 PM
Hey Everyone,
Just heard back from Rob at ZXTuner. He said in the past he has talked Rota into giving him a 20/20 split (he would be purchasing 40 wheels from them) so we'll be able to have two colors available. So besides black with a silver lip, which of these colors would everyone be the most interested in?
-silver
-steel gray
-gunmetal
-bronze
-gold
-black
-white
and any of the above with a silver polished lip.

Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/18/03 10:06 PM
Gunmetal for me.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/29/03 05:28 PM
Status? Is this going to go or not? Just curious if there was any new news or if it died...
Posted By: papadage_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/29/03 06:11 PM
I'd be in if the second color was silver.
Posted By: bamf2go Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/29/03 09:14 PM
I would love to do this but no one is posting in interest, at least it got back ttt. I need everyone who is interested to post INTERESTED or SERIOUSLY INTERESTED so I can gauge if there are enough people.
Posted By: papadage_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/30/03 04:01 AM
Put me in for seriously interested, but only if the second color is silver. I am neutral on whether or not there is a polished lip.
Posted By: KarlosSVT Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/30/03 09:52 PM
I am interesed in black.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/31/03 04:22 AM
DUDE i'm IN!!!! Black with Polished Lip!!!
Posted By: bamf2go Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/31/03 04:40 AM
Ok looks like so far the list is:

1) Bamf2go (black w/ polished lip)
2) papadage (silver)
3) KarlosSVT (black w/ polished lip)
4) SVTnKC (black w/ polished lip)

We need three more people guys, c'mon! I am guessing the two most popular colors are going to be all silver or black w/ polished lip but please inform me if anyone feels otherwise.
Posted By: TSIN03SE Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/31/03 02:55 PM
I'm curious, normally a 17x7 range in 20lb range when cast and in 16lb range when forged. Are these forged wheels?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/31/03 03:04 PM
I'm in for either black and a polished lip or gunmetal.
Posted By: path914 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/31/03 03:04 PM
Originally posted by TSIN03SE:
I'm curious, normally a 17x7 range in 20lb range when cast and in 16lb range when forged. Are these forged wheels?

No, they are not forged they are cast. However, they are around 17-18lbs IIRC.
Posted By: TSIN03SE Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/31/03 03:08 PM
So what am I giving up with these wheels? Or do other wheel manufactures just don't have the know-how of Rota? I'm intrigued that's all. I don't want to dampen other's enthusiasm.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/31/03 03:15 PM
They're 16lbs. And 17x7.5.
Posted By: bamf2go Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 07/31/03 10:10 PM
1314 is right, 16lbs and 17x7.5 (he owns a set, so trust him).
Originally posted by TSIN03SE:
So what am I giving up with these wheels? Or do other wheel manufactures just don't have the know-how of Rota? I'm intrigued that's all. I don't want to dampen other's enthusiasm.

As for this question, I understand your concern, however these wheels are $150 a piece, meaning they aren't expensive, however they aren't the cheapest 17in wheels by any means. Also in response to your question, one may consider how a car like the contour svt can be made and so much is good but for such a low cost, the same is true for a number of other cars. i.e. There are obvious differences between the corvette Z06 and the Dodge Viper (ughmm price) however there performance numbers are extremely close (please don't let this thread turn into a debate about this). Anyways, I wouldn't worry about the wheels having something wrong with them, everyone who has them is happy with them as far as I know. Anyways, join the buy!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 08/01/03 04:36 AM
Aww i'm pumped about these wheels!!! come on people! We only need 3 more eh? Did you try posting over at the NECO boards or SVTPerformance... OR Fast4Doors? Try that maybe we can fill the empty spots!!! Hope this works for us!!!
Posted By: TSIN03SE Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 08/02/03 03:17 AM
bamf2go, I'm sorry if I had hijacked this thread. I should have taken it to the wheels/tires section. If I were in a market for wheels, these would get my serious consideration. They are attractive and have good numbers to boot. Best wishes with the GB. Sorry again.
Posted By: RoadRunner_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 08/03/03 06:59 AM
Since these are such a popular set of wheels,
and I've seen many cars with them on and they look good,
I would be interested in a set of "Black with a Polished Lip".
Posted By: papadage_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 08/03/03 10:48 PM
I'll give a little and if the other members who want an order want a second color other than black, I'll settle for steel gray or gunmetal, but with no polished lip. The steel gray looked good in the picture and gunmetal cant be less attractive once i debadge the car completely.

So, mark me down as taking one for the team if it will help bring in other members.
Posted By: RoadRunner_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 08/06/03 04:00 AM
Sorry guys, but I'm going to go with a sale special at Wheelmax.
They are giving a 1 year warranty with the wheels,
and rubber is included with the package price.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 08/07/03 08:35 PM
So anyone else added to the list.... or are we dead?
Posted By: bamf2go Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 08/07/03 08:45 PM
nonono, I have been busy lately, I apologize. The list goes as follows:
1) Bamf2go (black w/ polished lip)
2) papadage (silver)
3) KarlosSVT (black w/ polished lip)
4) SVTnKC (black w/ polished lip)
5) chknhwk (black w/ polished lip)

We need two more people everyone!
Posted By: Justin T_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 08/10/03 05:40 PM
I would consider if silver is second color.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 08/10/03 06:14 PM
Consider ... come on man... we need people who are IN!!! Did you get anyone over at NECO or anything?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 08/10/03 09:09 PM
Do they have to be for a Contour? I need wheels for my Cobra, too. Wanna put me down for two sets?
Posted By: Justin T_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 08/11/03 01:07 AM
I didn't mean to sound like that. What I wanna know is silver a definite thing????
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 08/13/03 01:03 AM
anything?
Posted By: bamf2go Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 08/16/03 02:09 PM
Justin T: If you join for silver then it will be a definite thing.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 08/17/03 04:52 PM
hummm i'm about to move out of the old "rents" house, and if this doesn't get rolling by then, i won't be able to swing this! Lets get this thing rollin~
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: Rota Attack wheels... - 08/23/03 05:49 PM
DEAD
© CEG Archives