Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives

I need to find 3 people ASAP to get this to go through. They are brand new 98 model year MTX75's prep'd by Roush with a 20% stronger open diff and a Zetec final drive.

$750 Shipped, but I must have all the money within a month from today.

Please speak up quickly as this will not last long
List everything that has been done to them that makes them better than a normal MTX-75.
for that price, it'd just be a good peace of mind type thing. ::pondering::
Originally posted by Swazo:

I need to find 3 people ASAP to get this to go through. They are brand new 98 model year MTX75's prep'd by Roush with a 20% stronger open diff and a Zetec final drive.

$750 Shipped, but I must have all the money within a month from today.

Please speak up quickly as this will not last long

The normal differential is the main weak link in the MTX75. This has been replaced with a 20% stronger version, but is not an limited slip type.

The Zetec final drive is best used with cars that are higher powered (3L Hyb., FI or N2O fed 2.5L & 3L's)

Again, these are NEW Roush prep'd transaxels for ONLY $750!
Hmm, you still haven't given details, what about the clutch and flywheel? Are they not included? If they are, then what type?? SVT??
The transmissions don't come with a new flywheel and a new clutch kit. I don't think any company does that, not even Ford does. That's why you might hear someone say, "Well since you're doing the transmission now, you might as well
replace your clutch and resurface your flywheel."

Anyone looking to replace their MTX75 will know what a good deal I'm offering. A brand new (not used or rebuilt) MTX75 that has been upgraded by Roush AND it's less than half the price of a rebuilt transmission.
Whats the turnaround time on this? I am looking for a new transmission but need it within two weeks. Is that not possible with this?
Hey, if they can wait just a bit longer I might be able to do something but I do need a bit more time to do this.

Will it fit in my '95 Contour with rod style shifter linkage? And how does the final drive ratio vary from my stock gears in my 2.5 Contour? Are they higher (like say 3.73 to 1)? Or lower (like say 4.11 to 1)?

I may be interested. Also, did you say how much shipping might be? My trans is about to scatter.
If it DOES have cable shifter on it, could I (me being a mechanic) change the cable type to rod type on the tranny? Are the shift towers on the trannies interchangable?

Also, how soon after payment would delivery be possible?

Just answer the questions that you know the answers to as of now. I am also working on my own to find some of the answers to my questions from other sources as well
As of right now I would need 3 others to come up with $750 each. Once I receive payment, I would pay for the transmissions and they would be shipped out that day. I will be trying to just buy all of them, and then time won't be an issue. But if I can get 3 people to commit in the next 2 days, we can just follow through the original way.

Yes the $750 includes the shipping (In the lower 48 states, can ship elsewhere for more $$)

Rod shift cars can be changed over to cable shift. I have heard it's a PITA to do it though......

These sound like leftover Bondurant trannys. They used a hardened euro differential & zetec FD. The SVT got the hardened dif in 99..prob the same as the earlier Euro dif but I'm not sure. Doubt if the upgrades include the late MY 2000 syncros. Still, its a great price if you have big power. Stock SVTs will accelerate slower with zetec FD.
OK,

I have 2 people that are in, so that leaves one transmission without a home! Come on guys, help me find a good home for this brand new MTX75
Swazo-

What kind of waranty would this new tranny come with???

If it has some kind of waranty, count me in.
No warranty unfortunately. But I feel very confident in Roush to be able to put a few quality touches on a brand new factory ford transmission.
I want one........ i have the cash call me i left you my number in a pm
OK, I think we have enough buyers now. I will be getting into contact with you guys to get this GB done as soon as possible.

Thanks to everyone who has showed intrest in this group buy
OK these are the 3 that have said they are in for sure

• godzilia
  • SILVER SVT
  • TOMTOURSVT

Now we need to get payments together and your shipping info PM'd to me ASAP so we can get this group buy wrapped up and so we have our new transmissions sooner....rather than later
What is the status on this Swazo? Is it too late to get one? I have the money ready. Let me know and I will PM you my info.
I'm interested as well. Any chance there are more available?

Dan Beggs
I need one.
Originally posted by HoosierContour:
I need one.

PM sent

After having a few buyers jump in and then out of this GB I have finally got 3 buyers that did follow through all the way and their transaxels are either being shipped now or is in the process of being shipped.

If Hoosier does follow through also, I am 99.9% sure there is one more available as there was one still there on friday.
Out of who ordered transmissions.......who is still waiting and has anyone received theirs?? I personally am still waiting for mine
I am waiting also. I know swazo has been really busy lately. Looking at my disabled SVT every day breaks my heart though.
yup.... still waiting for mine... a nice little confirmation would be appreciated
Sorry guys! I really am usually on top of these things. PM's sent
OK, he has sent them UPS rather than by truck frieght. I am sorry for the delay, but rest easy knowing they ARE on their way as we speak

Also, I might have ONE more trans...so pipe up now if you are interested
excellent
oh pick me, pick me! haha i need a tranny bad. got a wicked grind into 3rd everytime. is that last one still available??? i hope so. i will PM you as well.
I should have the last payment in for the very last transaxel this week.

I wish I had more of these......a ton more, but there are none. This was a one time thing.....an oddity more like. Brand new ford transaxels AND they've been upgraded by Roush?!? I am sure you guys are going to love them!

Thanks again to all that have looked into getting a transaxel through me......and a GIANT thanks to those who actually did

Mahalo!!!!
Thanks a lot, I received my today....Thanks for saving me about $1000
My tranny showed up yesterday. Thanks a bunch! The wait was worth it.. now to tow my car the 100 miles to the friend doing the install!
I'm glad I stumbled across these to get them out to some CEG members
I got mine yesterday...... thanks (even though we had a lil bit of miscommunication.. mostly on my part ) I can't wait to put it in!!!!
Consider yourselves very lucky - I wanted one but I didn't have the cashflow!!
Originally posted by chknhwk:
Consider yourselves very lucky - I wanted one but I didn't have the cashflow!!

yah no kiddin! when the post first went up i didnt and then when i realized that my tranny was messed up i got a loan and it was too late but enjoy
After having a buyer finally burn me 2 too many times, I have one transaxel needing a new home. The first to contact me and make payment to me (in SLC, UT) by the 9th of this month is in his place. I cannot afford another dead beat buyer, so please make sure you can follow through.

This is the very last brand new MTX75 that has been mod'd by Roush available to my knowledge.....so act quickly
Oh I can follow through, just not by the 9th!
Originally posted by Swazo:
After having a buyer finally burn me 2 too many times, I have one transaxel needing a new home. The first to contact me and make payment to me (in SLC, UT) by the 9th of this month is in his place. I cannot afford another dead beat buyer, so please make sure you can follow through.

This is the very last brand new MTX75 that has been mod'd by Roush available to my knowledge.....so act quickly

swazo, did you get my PM?? i can have a money order in to you as soon as you get me the total price....obviously not by the 9th since you PMd me yesterday about it, but with the quickness regardless.
© CEG Archives