Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Who wants Hids - 07/08/03 09:53 PM
OK guys i can get the Philips/hella kit which Is a very nice kit. I have one and i love mine. You can get it from 5200k-7500k, I wouldnt go any higher then 6000k. If i can get 5 people in on this we can get them for 350 shipped with an 18month warrenty that cover the Ballasts and bulbs i will also be posting this on another forum to see if we get more maybe we can get it cheaper. if you have any questions ask guys/gals. Btw click my sig and check out the pics. i have about 4 of them in there.

5200k-white
6000k white/blue
7000k-purple/violet
7500k- pure blue.

Posted By: illuzions_dup1 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/08/03 10:33 PM
i would be interested in the hids...email me at illuzions5@aol.com when u get some more info....
Posted By: kinger_dup1 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/08/03 10:41 PM
What set do you have they look really purple. Are they greater then 6000K?
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/08/03 10:49 PM
I am getting the 7500k
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Who wants Hids - 07/08/03 10:55 PM
What model tour or stique? I am extremly interested in these depending on if i can get one sto fit my car.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Who wants Hids - 07/08/03 11:12 PM
My kit is the 6k.

They will fit any car. I can get H1-H7 and 9004-9007
Posted By: Arclight Re: Who wants Hids - 07/09/03 01:31 AM
I-Dom:
I'm in on this GB for the 6000K lights. Let me know when to sent the $.
Posted By: Rychie620 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/09/03 02:12 AM
random question: in one of those pics, i can see a mirko splitter. is is on a regular bumper cover, or did you get an SVT kit and put it on there?

if more ppl signed up for these lights, will the price come down?
Posted By: crusinmercury Re: Who wants Hids - 07/09/03 02:20 AM
ack to get them or not...I'll be very low on money, but it's such a good price..decisions decisions... those are the hella ones right? I was lookin for the pics to post them to make sure they are the same ones that i'm thinking about, dose anybody else have the pics of them?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Who wants Hids - 07/09/03 06:01 AM
damn thats a good price...man I need some money. how long is this gonna be available again?
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Who wants Hids - 07/09/03 01:45 PM
Arclight- i will let you know when its due, Im hopeing to get this done with in the next 2 weeks if not sooner.

Rychie620- thats a Ps of my car the Honkeytonk did for me as far as being cheaper i would need a lot more people to get in on this. But i can tell you $350 with a 18month warrenty is a hell of a deal.

crusinmercury- yes this is a Hella/ philips kit. What kind of pic are you looking maybe i can help. You loooking for a pic of the ballast or bulbs.

ZetecNinja- I would say about 2 weeks. maybe down the road i can get this to happen agian but can promise anything.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Who wants Hids - 07/09/03 01:49 PM
Ohh one more thing the Bulbs are Ds2 bulbs which are the best for HIDs. and this is a break down of what the normal price is. these prices do not include the warrenty which costs another $50 bucks.

Regular Price: $385 + $16 shipping = $401-with warrenty-$451
Current eBay Price: $379 + $16 shipping = $395-with warrenty $445
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Who wants Hids - 07/09/03 04:00 PM
i am interested... definately
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Who wants Hids - 07/09/03 10:29 PM
So i have these people that do want to get in this GB. i have another guy that dosent post here so that makes 4 people. one more and were set.

Kevdogg-?
Arclight- yes
MarkusSVT- yes
Posted By: brian8064_dup1 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/09/03 11:22 PM
I'm in...what required for installation?? Just plug and play..
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/09/03 11:31 PM
I'm in...
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Who wants Hids - 07/09/03 11:43 PM
Originally posted by brian8064:
I'm in...what required for installation?? Just plug and play..

Yes its a plug and play kit. There will be no reason to splice this kit in.
Posted By: Rychie620 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/11/03 03:15 AM
yes, $350 with an 18 month warranty is a hulluva deal. but im gonna wait a week for my next paycheck to come, and i will let you know
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/11/03 03:55 AM
is the end of this soon?
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Who wants Hids - 07/11/03 01:33 PM
i emailed the guy and he is gonna email be back a link so you can guys can order from his site. I will post it once i get it. Thanks everyone
Posted By: Bumpin_dup1 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/11/03 01:37 PM
I am in for sure. So does he just want us to order directly from him or through you?

Posted By: Bumpin_dup1 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/11/03 01:48 PM
One more quick question. Will these kits be for both the 9005, 9006 hi and low beams or just one?
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/11/03 02:32 PM
oh ok.. so we are ordering discounted from his site then.. cool that works..
Posted By: FlechaAutoSports Re: Who wants Hids - 07/11/03 03:10 PM
can we get a better price, seeing as their is a ton on Ebay, not that everything is the same quality but still.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Who wants Hids - 07/11/03 09:39 PM
Bumpin- yes this will be threw Alan the guy whos running the Website and its only for the 9006. You will never need your highs again after these babys.

Kev- corrrect this come from his site.

FlechaAutoSports- this is as low as he can go unless we get 20 people. 350 is a steal if you ask me esp for the kit your getting. I was on Ebay looking at some kits they have for the same price and its Crap. They all have starters then go to the ballast which are all a POS.

I will post that link once i get it guys, Thanks again.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Who wants Hids - 07/12/03 04:31 AM

Can you get a kit with bulbs to fit in my Morette headlamps? If so I would be interested

-Jeff-
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Who wants Hids - 07/12/03 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Qwk98svt:

Can you get a kit with bulbs to fit in my Morette headlamps? If so I would be interested

-Jeff-

what kind of bulb does it use?
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/12/03 02:32 PM
Just keep in mind that although yes, it IS technically advertised as a 'plug-n-play' kit, since the 3200 lumen HID lightsource will be going into a fixture that was only designed for the output and spread of a 1000 lumen 9006 halogen bulb (skinny filament vs. fat oval shaped gas chamber), that the final result will be a beam pattern that blows and causes glare above the fuzzy cutoff line, and pisses everyone off on the road in front of you.
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/12/03 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Josch:
Just keep in mind that although yes, it IS technically advertised as a 'plug-n-play' kit, since the 3200 lumen HID lightsource will be going into a fixture that was only designed for the output and spread of a 1000 lumen 9006 halogen bulb (shinny filament vs. fat oval shaped gas chamber), that the final result will be a beam pattern that blows and causes glare above the fuzzy cutoff line, and pisses everyone off on the road in front of you.

That is the idea...
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/12/03 02:35 PM
Believe me, I already tried a 'kit' first. I actually tried 2 different brands in my 9006. Don't expect 'world class lighting'

Sorry if I'm sounding so negative, but I just want people to know not to expect to much (like BMW or Mercedes quality) from a kit that will replace halogen bulb using halogen optics still.

To learn more about automotive lighting before you buy then go visit these 2 forums:

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/216460

http://hidforum.com/forum/

Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Who wants Hids - 07/12/03 02:43 PM
Idom,

I have H9 projector lights.... so will this kit work for them???? Or will i have toget different bulbs????
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Who wants Hids - 07/12/03 03:08 PM
Markus what kind of rims are on the t-red tour?
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/12/03 03:23 PM
centerline impulses I believe... they look very nice... with yoko rubber.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/12/03 06:13 PM
Originally posted by MarkusSVT:
Idom,

I have H9 projector lights.... so will this kit work for them???? Or will i have toget different bulbs????

There is some H9 info on this page: http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/hella-90mm/ (page covers both H7 and H9 90mm and 120mm projectors)

All that came off of this page:

http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/ (a very informative lighting FAQ page for automotive)

UNmodified OEM base D2S bulb (for factory xenon apps) WILL work in H9 projector unit as long as a few mods are made for it to fit in and be positioned correctly. This type of projector unit is one of the very few applications that will produce a near OEM result with a xenon bulb fitted into a halogen designed unit. Bulb placement IS critical to get hotspot of beam in correct location in relation to the cutoff line in the beam. All this stuff has been talked about to death on the lighting forums. Do a search on the Automotive lighting forum and you will find tons of info regarding this topic
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Who wants Hids - 07/13/03 03:50 AM

I doom,
to ansewer your question they are H4 bulbs with a little bit of harness spliced into my stock contour harness, so I gues should get an H4 kit? pleas let me know, Thank you
-Jeff-
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Who wants Hids - 07/13/03 03:51 AM
Markus at this time he dosent carry the H9s sorry man.

Josch i have these on my POST 98 and theres a huge differnce. Maybe it dosent work to well with the pre98s but the POST 98s they work just fine, Yes you are correct that we wont get this nice cut off line but the lighting over stock is 10xs better.
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/13/03 04:01 AM
Just to clarify some issues:

The kit in this GB is significantly better than the crappy stock lights. The beam pattern does produce glare, but overall lighting is improved tremendously...

There is no H9 HID kit on the market as of this moment. Markus, if you like you can slap in a true OEM D2S kit in your projectors and the results will be great....

As far as an H4 HID kit, it is also available.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Who wants Hids - 07/13/03 01:45 PM
Jeff he does carry the H4 kit for you car, Once i get the email back from hopefully by monday i will post it up for you guys.

Thanks Milan for clarifying it better.

i would also like to note that i have had this kit on over 6months now and not once have i been flashed or highbeamd.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Who wants Hids - 07/13/03 06:52 PM
Sweet! I will be waiting to see when the takes place, I hope I have the money because I am defintaly interested! Thank you

-Jeff-
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Who wants Hids - 07/15/03 07:06 PM
where can i get the OEM hid kit from?????
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/16/03 05:50 AM
Originally posted by MarkusSVT:
where can i get the OEM hid kit from?????

OEM....
Posted By: Arclight Re: Who wants Hids - 07/19/03 02:28 PM
I-Dom
Do we have enough players for this GB to happen? Give us an update if you can, thanks.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Who wants Hids - 07/19/03 03:31 PM
I got the 5 and im just waiting for the link for you guys. I will email him again maybe he didnt get it?.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Who wants Hids - 07/19/03 03:51 PM
Can I still get a set for my H4's through this GB or is this nly for a certain 5 people? I have the money... Please let me know, Thank you

-Jeff-
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Who wants Hids - 07/19/03 04:38 PM
this can go for anyone, even after the 5 people anyone that wants to get in your good to go.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Who wants Hids - 07/19/03 05:00 PM

Sweet what a great GB! I can't wait to get the link to order these bad boys.

-Jeff-
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Who wants Hids - 07/22/03 12:03 AM

When do we get this link?

-Jeff-
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Who wants Hids - 07/22/03 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Qwk98svt:

When do we get this link?

-Jeff-

I emailed the guy on fridaying stateing that i had the 5 peple so anyday now.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/24/03 12:13 AM
Man I wish I had the money to get in on this. I love the way Kevs lights look at night.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/25/03 03:17 AM
If you guys are going to get this off the ground, you may want to hurry. Rumor has it there is a new law...

Quote:

It is our regret to inform you that as of August 15th, 2003, the sale and importation of aftermarket HID retrofit systems will most likely be prohibited by law. The NHSTA/DOT has been trying to introduce new laws to regulate the sale of HID retrofit kits. Their guideline on determining the legality of HID kits is filament locations. But because HID technology does not utilize a filament, they fail. No matter how high quality the kit is, they deem them as unfit for retrofit.

This ruling will effect ALL HID kits. After 8/15/2003, HID kits as you know it will never be sold again unless new laws are made. I'm sure there are all types of legal issues here, for one, this has all been done without anyone knowing. After 8/15/03, there will be a possible $5,000 fine PER DAY for vendors selling HID kits.

Clicky!

and

More Clicky!

Kevin, as for me not having intrest in what looks like it would be a simple conversion, my car takes an H9 which pulls my intrest if I like it or not.
Posted By: Blorton_dup1 Re: Who wants Hids - 07/25/03 03:25 AM
I might be interested in two kits - would an H7 kit be available?

Thanks,
Dan
© CEG Archives