Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Well guys....

We're going forward! My '96 Contour is due in the shop late July/August just as we're pulling out the SVT. Here's the scoop - I'm not going to put a limit to how many people I need to see this kit go forward. Because of this I'm not asking for a deposit, just make full payment at our low low price of $650 (regular price $950). PM me your address so I can quote shipping if you would like to pay for shipping to expedite your order. If you have already made a deposit or payment for the pre98 last year (I know some of you jumped the gun) let me know so I can transfer your payment info.

This price is only good for the month of July, after that we will be selling these kits at production prices found in the link in my signature.

These kits will be pushed out faster since we only have to mold the front bumper, no more extra work - Look towards an August/September ship date - or late July.

paypal your orders to me @ svt@nyceboicreations.com

PM me for personal questions otherwise please post here.

these are pix from the c27 kit on the SVT. The only difference will be the front end of course.
What's the back bumper look like?
I'd prefer to not pay for my part of this kit until my part of the 98+ kit has been finished.
is the widebody still being made for the pre 98s? youll need to mold new front fenders as well.
Nyceboi, any word on whether we'll be able to get a reduced price of any sort by pre-ordering a piece of the kit. A sort of ala carte.

I just need a back bumper and skirts, although I must say that hood is really growing on me...

As it stands now, it looks like it would be almost cheaper for me to buy the whole kit and sell front bumper piecemeal. Or maybe get together when someone wanting the front and not the sides/rear. But those kind of arrangements are lost money to you if you could break it into pieces at reduced pre-order prices.
There is not discount on buying just once piece - our prices for individual pieces is listed in the link in my Signature. Individual pieces will be available after complete sets are sold. You can pre-order so you will be first in line since it takes about a day to lay out a kit.

You have the month of July to make payment for this price. We are 90% sure we will make the widebody for the pre98 as well as the hood. If you need pictures of the new back bumper those will be available shortly on my SVT.

I want you guys to understand this is not a big shop, and we have 6 or 7 cars at a time in and only two guys doing body work. Yes the SVT took longer but from all the changes (3 or 4 sideskirts and 2 rears), the shop moving to a new location and the shipping problems we've had from a couple of shops have all slowed down progress. Usually it does only take 2 months.

Some people have PM'd me saying they dont' want to buy the kit until they see it on the car - if you choose to go that route then you will not get the Group Buy pricing since the car isn't due in the shop until the end of July.
keep me updated on the widebody situation....ill let u know my status in July.
Hey Nyceboi,

What about the pre-to-post 98 conversion you mentioned a while back, any word on that...you know I'm interested (I really want quad projectors on my car). I wish you guys could offer an upgrade price for C/F from the group buy price.
Hmm... I had a nice chat with 97cs about the conversion kit. I thought I posted something, since there wasn't enough interest we will have to come back at that at a later date or maybe not at all. You probably could do a conversoin yourself with 98+ fenders and new headlight brackets, hood and all. Since we havn't actually tried it we don't know what all is involved.

In keeping some notice for the pre98's I decided to keep my 96 looking first gen with the headlights - the pre98s have a nice look and I think I'm going to keep it that way. If interest grows on the conversion kit we will make it. We would need atleast 10-15 people to get that going.
Nyceboi and i have chated about making projection headlights to help you guys...they will be pricey but of the best quality lights and materials....the widebody will be made and the hood

Any other questions go to nyceboi for the answers
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

dammit [censored] [censored]!
Originally posted by Crofty59:
Nyceboi and i have chated about making projection headlights to help you guys...

OH yeah, I forgot about that guys. We're going to make projection headlights for the pre98s.
Hey nyceboi, i'm a bit tight on cash and am without a job right now. Anyway i can get you half the cash in July and the other half in august? and great news on keeping with the pre-98 look and with new lights coming up! Thanks man!
Yes, for those who need to hold a spot but can't make cash - you can deposit a non-refundable amount over $200. We will add your deposit towards your order fulfillment.
i might have to do that...
Can I get a list going?

1. nyceboi
im going in on someone for this kit, how do we arrange that with you? also for the pre98 projection headlights, if it replaes the corner piece too ill be 100% in for that
Just have one person pay and we'll ship to one address. If that doesn't work PM me and we can work out details.

The headlights will be worked out later - we havn't even started anything on the pre98's.
we'll both send in our parts of the money russel. and hopefully they can split the kit for us. if not, then one of us would have to receive whole kit and ship the other piece(s) to the other person.
I didn't realize you two were in different states - we can work it out with shipping.
ok cool. nyceboi, it seems you are handling most of everything for now... so on the 98+ kit, are we getting to pick between two different bumpers and where are we sending money to? we need more info in that thread, maybe pics,etc. thanks.
Yeah, I apologize for the pix. I'm working on getting a web gallery up as we speak.

Also, yes we will have a choice between two different bumpers. One is the original RS4 style and the other sits higher so the lowest point at the end is the exhaust tips not the low bar of the bumper.

Delays, delays, delays - i'm not going to not deny the fact that things are running slow to you guys. I just hope you understand all the revisions that took place, the fact that the shop moved location (took about two months), and some problems in getting the rs4 kits shipped and delays in shipping and supplies for other materials (change of address screwed some stuff up). You all atleast have your car - so just stick in there cuz I have.

As many of you know, one whole kit is finished - as soon as we have the second bumper finished - we will show pix and you all get to pick which one and send shipping info.

PLEASE PM ME YOUR SHIPPING INFO OR HELLA - I prefer that HELLA handle this GB unless he gives it to me but it was his baby from the start. From now and into the future I will be handling everything else for CEG for Kaotic.
once we pay the minimum $200 deposit, when is the rest needed?
Looks like mid to late august as of now - we just have to mold the front bumper and bam! pre98s have kits comming fast. Look for a late August/September shipping date.
cool, ill let u know my status as of July like i said. I will more than likely be in this, but i just have to check my money flow then. This 3.0L Turbo project has put quite a beating on the wallet lol!

btw, are wheel spacers included with the widebody?
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
cool, ill let u know my status as of July like i said. I will more than likely be in this, but i just have to check my money flow then. This 3.0L Turbo project has put quite a beating on the wallet lol!

btw, are wheel spacers included with the widebody?

Lucky man ......so lucky
wheel spacers are not included... my car looks okay the way it is but I am spacing it out.
whats the group buy price on the widebody before the price goes up in Aug?
The price for the c27w- will be $450. Regular price will be $550. You will have to but this with your pre98 order in order to get the price since we will build and ship at the same time.
Alright nyce,

Since I can't get the conversion I wanted I guess I'll have to make do with keeping the pre-98 look. I'll send the remainder of my deposit in for the kit and one for the widebody(I sent a $150.00 deposit to Terry back in November)So how much to go ahead and solidify my spot? If its ok with you I will withhold full payment until after the post98s start to ship. I would think that I should be pretty high on the ship first list since I deposited last year...I still wish there was a group buy upgrade price to ALL C/F...
Originally posted by ohsigmachi:
Alright nyce,

Since I can't get the conversion I wanted I guess I'll have to make do with keeping the pre-98 look. I'll send the remainder of my deposit in for the kit and one for the widebody(I sent a $150.00 deposit to Terry back in November)So how much to go ahead and solidify my spot? If its ok with you I will withhold full payment until after the post98s start to ship. I would think that I should be pretty high on the ship first list since I deposited last year...I still wish there was a group buy upgrade price to ALL C/F...

It's okay to withhold payment. Depending on how you paid just follow the instructions in this post. I can't keep posting the same info again and again - oh here's a link

payment info

BUT Please READ PPLZ!
Nyceboi, doesnt look ill be able to swing the payment for the group buy. Is there some kind of monthly payment i can do? LOL Anyways, I PROMISE ill be buying the kit as well as the widebody in the future. I guess I'll have to pay an extra $400 or whatever the price goes up to. I keep my word. I'm not like most people on CEG that says they will buy a product, then backs out. (I even kept my word on the turbo!) So please make this kit! Lemme know how the progress of the kit goes.
Hey guys:

Here's the list - turn around will be quick since all we are designing is the front bumper soon. Terms are the same $650 paid in full. If we get 15 or more people hood and widebody GB specific prices will be open to you guys - otherwise the full price will apply.

1. abwamo (PAID IN FULL)

For those of you who paid Terry I will get his list. This is my list. I think there are about 2 or 3 pre98 guys.

Payment info is similar to the c27+ kit. Click the link my sig to get an idea for shipping costs and how to pay.
anybody else?
I will, eventually.
Wait, so let me get this straight: I've had a deposit in longer than many 98+ guys and I dont get the groupbuy rate on the widebody?, screw it give me my money back. I paid terry $150 almost a year ago.
Good luck getting your money back. nyceboi, do you know if atleast 10 people for sure are going to get in on this? If not, will the rest of us still get the GB rate?
terry, looks like i may have my tuition reimburcement coming back from Home Depot very soon. I might be able to put a downpayment on the kit sooner than expected. Ill keep u updated.
Originally posted by ohsigmachi:
Wait, so let me get this straight: I've had a deposit in longer than many 98+ guys and I dont get the groupbuy rate on the widebody?, screw it give me my money back. I paid terry $150 almost a year ago.

*mean boy ON*

Someone didn't take their pills in the morning - when did I say YOU can't get the GB rate? COPY and PASTE it for me so I can review. If you want your money back talk to Hella - I started this post and know nothing about deposits back when Hella was handling it. Next time READ before you post... because I remember saying there was a GB price

*mean boy OFF*
OK,
let's let cooler heads prevail here, sorry for flyin' off the handle, but I've tried to get you guys goin on several pre-98 venues and got nothing for my interest. If all you can do is a GB rate on the regular kit I guess I'll have to deal...(just like I dealt with no pre-to-post-98 conversion and no F/G to C/F up-grade on your group buys) I'll send my FULL payment for pre-98 kit asap. But I have been on the boat as a long as many 98+ guys and will feel screwed if I don't get a GB rate on the widebody kit.
Again - reread the posts dude. I have said there IS a GB rate on the widebody - $450 - regular price is $550 (of course this is relying on interest and people. Please don't go on talking about how you're getting screwed when you're not, plus group buys work when there is a GROUP of people buying - make sense? Otherwise you're just BUYING - and it costs money and time to do these things so we're not gonna "hook it up" for nothing.

Here is what we're doing for the pre98. This group buy MUST fulfill a minimum of 15 people (I think before we wanted 30 back way back when). 15 people will secure the group buy price of $650. If we do not met this the price structure will be as follows:

15+ =$650
10-14 = $750
6-9 = $850
less than 5 = $950

if 15 people is not met there will be no group buy price on the hood or widebody.

FIRM.
Will other people please post your SERIOUS interest in this? It may be better for me to just get the sides and rear and get a custom front if not enough people are gonna get in on this.
I am more serious about this than anything. I just need a lil time to get the cash. Still haven't gotten my first paycheck from my new job.
I am in on this, but we need to get the 15.
OK, I jus sent payment in full for the body kit and $100 deposit for the wide body(I'll use as money for shipping if the widebody GB doesn't happen). Screw posting your "serious interest" how about posting you've sent the money, 'cause that's what time it is.
Well if 15 ppl are going to send money then I don't know how much I'll need to send. Also I've sent money one time and it got all screwed up.
Maybe I didn't say all that I meant by my last post. While posting that you are "seriously interested" in a product when that product is in the developement stage is good and helpful, this groupbuy is past that point. The kit is all but done, the post 98's are ready to ship and if the people who are "seriously interested" in the pre-98 kit don't start "seriously" PAYING IN FULL then the groupbuy for this kit (and the widebody and the hood) will pass us by like so many other post-98 only products do. 15 people is all that is needed to show Terry, Nirish(who I believe provided both the mule vehicles for the kits), and CHris @ Kaotic that all thier hard work and determination isn't unappreciated. So in closing "Seriously" cough up the cash.
WARNING TO ALL BUYING A KAOTIC KIT!!!
I am a Ford Probe owner. I am on this forum to help you guys out. Kaotic did one of these group buys for the Ford Probe about 4 months ago. I ordered a front bumper, and a hood from them, I paid on 4/25...
Have I gotten the parts yet? No.
Have I gotten my $640 back yet? No.
They first said there was a delay with boxes. Then they kept saying this. Then they started saying that it was a delay with the molds, then the boxes, then the shipping, the run-around went on, FOR A WHILE. Obviously. Then, I told them, on a certain Wednesday, I want my money back if you don't ship it by Sunday. They said, ok, it will go out on Friday at the latest. I said fine, I even gave them two extra days, to be nice(After THREE MONTHS of them having my $640.) I called all weekend, because I got no notification of my kit being shipped. I called, no answer, AT ALL, alllllllllll weekend, morning, night, whatever. I left tons of messages with my name, phone number, and a brief message. Then they come to me on Monday on the internet. And I tell them I want my money back, they tell me it's already been shipped, and if I cancel my orderd I will only get ~320 back. That's crap. I found out that their shipper (Yellow Freight) DIDN'T even ship the kit..... Then they go on about a 35% restocking fee. Which is crap, because there were other people waiting for the kits just like me, it's not like it would be a big trouble for them to "restock" it.(Assuming they even made it.) Well, it turns out Tony Novello and Christopher Crofty(Owners of Kaotic, along with Christopher's wife.) don't even have a business license to sell. They have unsafe working condition, but they think that since their shop is online, nobody will ever know. I know a lot of other people who have given money and still not received a kit, or even an update. Then, I decided to contact the BBB ( www.bbb.com ) and file a complaint, Kaotic said they wouldn't answer, and therefore the BBB could do nothing about it. This is technically true, although, refusing to even speak with the BBB makes the company look VERY BAD. I've saved all of my conversations with widebodyprober and tjnovello so if you want them just ask. You might think, well, you're just a newb, you're probably lying.

Why would I lie? I'm just doing this so that YOU GUYS don't get screwed out of the money the way I did. I worked as hard as I could for that money, and they just took it, and they spent it on a vacation. Yes. They spent it on a vacation.
Now they just refuse to even acknowledge my existence, I am out $640. I hope you guys don't make my mistake too.
Don't buy from Kaotic.
Oh snap. Thanks for the heads-up.......
Who made you the "GB Police"? Alot of people are interested in this kit. I have been in on it from the begining. Have I made full payment yet? No. Does that mean that I won't? No. But at this point, with the amount of people that have "paid in full", the kit is going to be alot more than $650. Not to mention that some people don't just have $650 or more just laying around, some people have responsibilities that take priority over a bodykit, but are getting the money together still. So should you be telling people what to do, no, you have "paid in full", concern yourself with that. But remember, the price goes up if there are not enough people for the "GB" price. So instead of hammering people, why not remind them that things are getting close. And if you haven't forgotten, the rest of the 98+'s have to be finished before the - 98's front bumper even get's molded, let alone produced.

I'm not trying to be an arse or pick a fight, just don't think it's your responsibility to tell anyone anything.

And on a side note, I think that, Terry, Nirish, and Chris have done a good job with this, I'm sure it's hell dealing with everyone on this site. And the product looks bangin' so far, just need a better pic of the second rear (hint, hint). The pics on the site are nice, gives you a good idea of what it looks like.

TOUR'ING
Originally posted by TheGSRGuy:
Oh snap. Thanks for the heads-up.......

It's not a heads up. Tom has a problem that he has failed to resolve for whatever reason may be. This is not a probe body kit GB anyways. Nirish has done a lot to help me out and kaotic is doing what no other company has done for us. I'm sure there is a reason Tom is unhappy but I'm sure it's not because of something nirish (who is handling this GB and to my knowledge has had nothing to do with a probe body kit GB) has done. If it's a problem with something chris has done, I'm guessing it's a communication problem. Nirish and chris are helping us out more than any other company has and nirish is a very helpful and nice person. If ya'll want this kit, let's do what they did first before the 98+ kit GB. Let's get a serious list of who wants this kit. I know some people have paid, so add your name to this list right away. Only add your name to this list if you can pay within the next month or so. This way we know how much we have to pay.

1.Kremithefrog
1. abwamo
2. ohsigmachi
3. Kremithefrog
anyone wanna give us some photoshops so we know what this'll look like? i'd do it, but i don't have photoshop haha
and i know there's a post-98, but like a front end only photoshop would be cool just to see, and it'd help me decide
btw - so far it looks like till the end of the month or mid semptember to get cash in. Kits will roll out 2 weeks after my 96 goes in the shop (which means I have to get my SVT back first)
Could we maybe go for late september or thereabouts? nyce, you know I want this kit real bad, I mean, look at how many times I've bugged ye on AIM Anyway, add me to the list, I'm very interested, just need some time to get the money.
Okay Group buy price will be good on this kit till the end of SEPTEMBER.

I have to live up to my screen name once in a while
guys, i have a bad imagination, they beat it outta me after childhood :-D....so please, nyceboi, i'd really enjoy some photochops before i put in my moolah or anything
sigh - just do a search

my money order will be in the mail in a couple days.
Is it too late to send in a deposit? I'll be able send it it in this week.
my payment went out today! add me to the list!

btw, has production for the pre 98s even started yet?
Not to rain on your parade, but I dont think production has started on the 98+, you may want to take a peak in that thread, we havent received an actual update from anyone involved or associated with Kaotic in a couple of weeks

Hey guys, please check out this post - I think it involves all of you at least indirectly and some of you have put cash down already correct?

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=groupbuy&Number=352458&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=14
Ok, now that Crofty is back can we get an update on this group buy as well?

1. Has the production of the pre 98 kit even began?
2. Can we get some sort of list like the post 98 guys of
who has paid, how much has been paid, etc.
3. When do you project the widebody to be done?
© CEG Archives