Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
OK people. Here is the new deal. I need a total of only 7 people to get this thing going. I think I already have 2 if the guys who have already sent me deposits go for this one. I am going to post 2 links for you guys to look at. Please let me know what you think. The first link is going to be the front end we are thinking about. It is in orange on a stratus. I am also sending a link to the rear and sides we are planning. On this one it is the gray front end and sides and the rear is on the red car. This kit is already in the making for the post 98's and this weekend is being fitted on my pre 98 and a post 98. The price on this kit which is a complete bolt on is $750 which is complete with mesh. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2420273747

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2420164287
i might be in, just like to see what it'd look like on a contour <<sorry i have a bad imagination >> but yeah, seems like a good price, so maybe, the pics on the contour would obviously make it or break it for me
Yeah if you could get someone to photochop tht schizz on a contour (or I guess just take pics when they fit yours) I'm thinking you'll peak a lot more interest.
For those of you who would like to see a picture of the kit on the contour. Please e-mail me at m_denen@hotmail.com . I will then forward a picture to your e-mail. Thank you
That second link has two diff fronts...
Only the front of the gray car in the little box.
I'm not sure if I like that or not. Maybe if I see a photochop I can decide. I wish we could have got that mondeo kit.
here is the pic that they sent me. isnt this drerok's car?

here is the front end on todras' pre 98. it is a bit dark.

That's too bad because I LOVE the front bumper on that blue neon in that 2nd link...
yeah that blue bumper would be way tighter...i hate that skyline kit...that blue bumper from the neon would go way way better with the black widow sides and buddy club rear...

see...pretty bumper
i'd definitely be in for that...
OK....So it looks like most of us like the front end that is on the blue neon. So lets do the front of the blue car with the sides and rear of the red and gray car. Any takers...Now taking deposits. Thanks
just wondering, but what happened to the Mondeo style kit?
I could still get the mondeo done, but I needed 10 with those guys. This one is almost complete, just need to make a front bumper for our cars. I think this one is a quicker and better deal. These guys are working with me better than the other guys.
I was only asking that because I gave you a deposit and seeing that I now have no car anymore, If I could get the money back?
Johnny
The blue neon's bumper, I'm in, although I don't need the sides...but it's just weird that you can switch what kit is gonna be made just like that...I'm a smidge skeptical.
Do they have any other styles or is it just them to to choose from? Anyway I thought they were already in the process of fitting the body kit that is on the stratus on the contour.

i LOVE this rear bumper.
I like that wing, what kind is it?
We would like to take the front off the stratus picture and put that on the pre 98's since that is what the post 98's are going with. It would be done a lot quicker. Since not all of you agreed with that front end though we found another one that will go with the shape of our contours. I am just trying to get everyone to agree on what kit they like so we can findly get these kits done. The reason I changed the kit style is because on the other one I needed 10 to even get it started. I was stuck on 6. With this new kit design everything is already made except the front bumpers for the pre 98's. We could have a kit in a very little time this way instead of waiting 6 or 7 more months. Thank you
Originally posted by jon_mason14:
I like that wing, what kind is it?

It is an aluminum APR wing with Carbon Fiber side plates... the rice stuff that everyone hates so much! but to me it looks good on a big car like the contour!
Where did you get it?
where are we at people wise?
So which kit are we goin with? Can we see a photochop?
The kit we are planning on going with is the front end of the blue neon in my 2nd link and the sides and rear of the silver and red car. It was photoshopped on that green car in the previous page. Thank you
I see a couple of you people are only wanting front bumpers. So to help those people out we are going to offer you a different special. For the whole kit the price is $750. If you just want the front bumper we will do it for $400. Come on people these guys are working with me and us more than any of the other people in the past. This is our chance to have something new for our cars. Let's not pass this oppurtunity up.
How many people do we have?
how much for just the rear?
On the bright green post tour...what wheel size/suspension set-up is/close to that?
i need my deposit back b/c i am most likely getting a 2000 csvt black mint condition with 29,000 miles for 13000 out the door still under warranty
Originally posted by highline9:
On the bright green post tour...what wheel size/suspension set-up is/close to that?

hell if I know...i stole it from a pics thread.

i think the guys name is extremecontour

also...another question...what happened to the 6 people u had for the mondeo kit? why aren't they in on this one too?
Any news? I'm ready to get a body kit on my car!!!!!!
?????
I'm curious to know what the post 98 kit that you have done looks like.

I bet if they saw that people would jump on this sh!t...post 98 and pre98
Is it just me or is me and Zetecninja the only people that post on this.
Hello guys/girls. If it feels that I have not gotten back to you lately it is because my computer is down. I am having another person looking at my messages and responding back for me. We are hoping to have pics. of the kits in the next 2-3 weeks. Thanks for the support.
I don't understand why you guys/girls aren't jumping on this offer. we can finally get a kit done for our cars and yet nobody is ready. well I tell you what. We are trying to get this thing going sooooooooo bad the new minumum to start is only 5. WOW can you believe it only 5 people. Here is our chance. Also I would like to know how many just want the front? OK people I have done my hardest to get this thing going so come on let's see what your made of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
don't we have 5?
sweetride, tons of people have already showed their interest, we prolly have at least 7. And you need to respond to my PM.
If you feel that I am not responding quick enough it is because my computer is currently down. I keep trying to use my work one, but I am soooo busy. Sorry
We need to get a list going.

1. Jon Mason
How much is the deposit? When will it be shipped?
OK people. Here is the deal. We are molding the front and sides of the kit right now as we speak. We will have pics for you by Mon. night at the latest. The prices are as follows: For a front bumper w/ the mesh=$400,For the sides=$275, For the front and sides=$575 and for the COMPLETE KIT=$750 w/mesh. Deposits are being taken now. I will work with each one of you on the amts. Just pay what ever you can pay now as low as $275 and then once you have given the deposit amt. you can make payments if you would like on the rest. Also front bumpers are available without the mesh for $375. This is for the pre 98's only. The post 98's will have the same price on everything it's just we have no car yet to post the pics. on. Any questions please contact me at (714) 213-2424 or email me at m_denen@hotmail.com . For some reason on my home computer I can't get on the contour website right now. After the amt. needed the kits will go up to $899 so jump on this deal while you can. Once your deposit is in you are guaranteed a spot in the first group buy. You can take as long as you need to pay the rest of the deposit. Mesh prices are $80. Thank you
What about the rear? How much for just the rear? Also, I know I PMed you about this, will there be some modifications in that bumper? I'd rather it not look exactly like the other ones I've seen on Honda's in my area.
hmmm...payments on a body kit. thats tempting as hell..sh!t we'll see in the next coming weeks. I wanna be in on this so bad but I'm tryin to factor in the paint which is the killer part.
I got the pics. of the kit on my car. We put everything on it except the rear which still needs to be molded. How can I post them here? I wnat to get these on ASAP...Please help ?
The rears are also going to be $400. I am also taking deposits now......Thanks
I can post them on imagestation or village photos for you...

jdwashington11@yahoo.com
I am going to post a link to the pics. I know they are huge so I need some one to fit them in so we can see a shot of just the sides & the front bumper from a couple different angles. So here goes nothing: http://www.angelfire.com/ill/contour/ Let me know what you think.
i see nothing but red x's...
Yea...I see that to. Apperently we are having some problems making them smaller on angelfire. We are working on it and should be done within 20 min. Sorry
u could've just e-mailed them to me and i could've had em up in 5
It seems that all of a sudden Angelfire is down. I swear everytime I try to do something it just gets more and more complicated. Hopefully I can get them up tonight. Sorry
http://www.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/ecom/tracker.pl?r=ss15&url=members14.clubphoto.com/gnat559738/1456751/owner-9c70.phtml
cool.
NICE KIT MAN , I REALLY LOVE THE FRONT BUMPER, IM DOWN FOR BUYING IT. SO GIVE ME THE INFO ON HOW TO GET ONE
Posted By: IonNinja Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/15/03 04:54 AM
For the people too lazy to click the link...

Man...this kit is f*ckin awesome...I want in on this so damn bad. I just don't feel right puttin down the $250 cuz I don't know how long it will be til I can get the rest Having to quit my job sucks at this point...
Posted By: 97CS Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/15/03 05:09 AM
When will the rear be done?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/15/03 05:39 AM
Ok people!!!!So we likes????? Kit is being made as we speak. I will have the finished one on the car in about 2 weeks. Just in time for the Ortega Highway cruise. The full kit price is $750 it is a complete bolt on kit. For some of you that just want the front bumper the price is $400. If you just want the sides the price is $275. There is another set of sides that will be posted soon and those are going for $300. The rear bumpers are going to be made after the front is done. So in about 4 weeks we should have the rear. The price on just the rear is also $400. Also in one of the pictures there is an optional splitter. Price will be determined on amt. of people who want it. Here is the best deal. I will take deposits now starting at $200 and you can make payments on the balance as long as you need to before having the total amt. NOW here is the bad news. THERE ARE ONLY GOING TO BE 7 OF THESE MADE. Whoever sends me their deposits first to add up to 7 is guaranteed in the group buy. If you do send me a deposit and it is after the 7 don't worry. You are still guaranteed a spot. So send those deposits in to: Mike Denen, 1907 N. Deerpark Dr. #451, Fullerton, CA, 92831. Jon Mason you are already in if you like this kit. If you have any questions feel free to email me at m_denen@hotmail.com .
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/15/03 07:34 AM
Yeah I'm down for that. Glad to see us finally getting so close to getting a body kit.
I'm in for sure. The kit looks nice not ricey. 1sweetride have you thought about painting the front grill white around the ford emblem?
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/15/03 05:43 PM
I don't drive a Pre98 but man that is a sweet looking kit that you have made. Congradulations on making a kit and supporting the contique aftermarket.

Aaron
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/15/03 05:46 PM
is it me or are the rims diferent on each side?
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/15/03 06:04 PM
Yeah they are different. What's up with that?
Posted By: LinaBby Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/15/03 06:05 PM
Hahahaha!
Posted By: Midnight_dup1 Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/15/03 06:07 PM
yeah why are they difrent on either side??
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/15/03 06:07 PM
Their for a sec I thought it was sleep depravation kicking in or soemthing.
Posted By: LinaBby Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/15/03 06:59 PM
LoL! Which side looks better?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/15/03 08:19 PM
It's not different wheels on each side. It's 2 different cars. Ya right. The car was stolen and my insurance would not cover my "aftermarket" stuff. I am working on getting all wheels to match. I will have it all matching in a couple of weeks. I have just been sooooo busy trying to get this kit going.
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/15/03 10:02 PM
I can also do this kit for the post 98's. Same prices.
Posted By: highline9 Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/16/03 12:45 AM
will the current sides have the 'cutouts' like the svt and se's do for lifting the car?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/16/03 12:49 AM
We are working on about 3 different styles for the sides. We are going to make it so when you need to jack the car up you can easily take off the sides. I don't know for sure though. Now that you say that about the sides I am going to look into that.
Posted By: highline9 Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/16/03 12:38 PM
Yea, thankx. Easy to get off means stolen by the local MSU raff. I'm in, and so is my deposit. Confirm upon arrival please. Is this GB on EBAY?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/16/03 07:07 PM
We are posting in as many places as possible to get these kits the 7 needed. So yes, it is on EBAY also. Actually the only thing available is the front bumper for $400. I think the most exposure we can get the better. Just remember after the 7 either on EBAY or in this g/b the prices go up. Thank again everyone
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/17/03 12:56 AM
I thought yall dropped it down to 5.
Posted By: LinaBby Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/20/03 06:09 AM
Look how pretty it is in pink! You should have been nice to me!

Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/20/03 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Contour_LXsport:
I'm in for sure. The kit looks nice not ricey. 1sweetride have you thought about painting the front grill white around the ford emblem?

Not ricey? Are u kidding? That kit makes the poor car look just like a Civic!

Posted By: 1sweetride Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/20/03 08:37 PM
Just because you can't afford one don't bash it. You are one of the reasons nothing ever get's done for our cars. That is why stuff always looks like it been on an import, because people like you always come up with negative remarks and those "Honda" people take risks. Keep your "NEGATIVE COMMENTS" TO YOURSELF. At least I am out there trying to do something positive for our cars instead of sitting on a computer and going "it looks like rice". Thanks to all those helping support this.
Posted By: 1WorldCar Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/20/03 09:16 PM
YUK!
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/20/03 10:16 PM
Originally posted by 1WorldCar:
YUK!

Exaaaaaaactly.....
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/20/03 10:25 PM
the quality of the work looks sweet, but it looks like a damn civic!
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/20/03 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Stolon #05:
Originally posted by 1WorldCar:
YUK!

Exaaaaaaactly.....

ditto
Posted By: IonNinja Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/20/03 10:41 PM
don't remember this being an opinion thread...
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/20/03 11:05 PM
I'm sure if you go to a Honda Forum, they would have similar opinions on some of their Civic's and Accords being riced out. AKA www.anti-rice.com . So I'm sure they have their opinions about them, but they live with them. You don't see guys buying civics because of their BAD body kits. Likewise, you like your contour for what it is and they like their contours for their body kit fitted ones. If you are going to waste your time slamming cars, go to a LADA forum .
Posted By: 97CS Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/21/03 12:00 AM
Hey, guess what, it's not only a freakin' civic bumper. I've seen this same kit, slightly modified, on honda's, nissan's, and even lexus'. Shut up about it. Like Zetec said, this isn't an opinion thread.
Posted By: chongo Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/21/03 12:29 AM
Wow your starting a group buy for this and it's already availiable on ebay????

Body kit on ebay
Posted By: IonNinja Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/21/03 03:25 AM
Originally posted by chongo:
Wow your starting a group buy for this and it's already availiable on ebay????

Body kit on ebay

you don't read bro...thats so he can get the 7 people for the kit. those people that buy it on ebay are still included in the group buy...
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/21/03 05:39 AM
Once again a bunch of opinionated ...holes who just don't want to see anything new made for our cars. I see that some of us do read what is going on though before making idiots of themselves. We are also postng it on EBAY to get this kit going. Thanks again to all the supporters. For those other people who think everything is so ricey you must be paying a lot of attention to them to notice it. Maybe deep down inside you really want a RICE car. As for me and others like me we just want to do something unique for our cars. We are satisfied fixing up our rides.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/21/03 03:36 PM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
don't remember this being an opinion thread...

I don't either.

If you don't like it, don't post about it. This is a group buy thread and if you're not interested, take the comments somewhere else.
Posted By: chongo Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/21/03 11:33 PM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
you don't read bro...thats so he can get the 7 people for the kit. those people that buy it on ebay are still included in the group buy...

You are correct the pink version made me miss the posts about ebay sorry.
It's not for me cause I would never be able to drive my car in the winter with that bumper on it.
Good luck with the kit! I kinda like it!
Posted By: bmxcontour Re: BRAND NEW PRE98 BODY KIT PICS - 07/25/03 04:45 AM
do the people who only order a partial kit count as a full order...? ie, do you need 7 full kits or 7 orders of both full and/or partial kits? maybe i missed it along this long post, but what material are you making these out of? and how would you ship a front bumper only to ohio? please do not say greyhound.....i have had bad experiences shipping/recieving bumpers from them. but i am interested if i can sell my CF pre-98 bumper before i can commit to this. what is the updated status of current orders?

Ben
So are you selling this on ebay??? You have 2 different sets of wheels on your car?
We are also selling just the front end on EBAY. That way we can get the 7 needed. It's not different wheels on each side. It's 2 different cars. Ya right. The car was stolen and my insurance would not cover my "aftermarket" stuff. I am working on getting all wheels to match.
Any news on this?
So do we have 7 yet or what?

Your front is already being made. We are still working on the front and back.
I guess this is technically not a group buy any more. The reason it started out as a g/b was to get a discounted price on a complete kit, but since some of you just want fronts and some of you just want sides or a rear it is now not a g/b. If you would like a front bumper the price is $350. If you want a rear bumper the price is $350. If you just want sides they are $225. A complete kit is still $750. Thank you
not to hijack this thread but what about those that put their money in the old GB for the Mondeo kit? I haven't heard anything for quite some time. Is there anyway I can get my money back? I don't have a pre98 cause' of the crash.
Johnny
yeah john i dont have a pre 98 either and i would like my money back so i can get a cat back for my svtt
can u pm me pics please?
Originally posted by highline9:
can u pm me pics please?

yeah lets see some new pics
I only have the pics. of the car that is one page 6 of this g/b. I am still waiting for it to come out of the mold shop. We still have not made the sides or the rear. I am not going to untill I get the 7 responses I need. So far I have sold 8 fronts, but have had no responses on the rear or sides.
Will these its be able to be bought later? I won't have any money for 3 weeks, my job pays once a month and my new one, I need to use for bills.
You are able to make payments on the kit. Any amount over $175 will hold your spot in this price. Thanks
I probably should save my comments til I have money...

but when I get this kit I want the full kit not just the front...

Also the reason you may have sold 8 fronts is because thats what you had offered on ebay. If you had the entire kit on ebay I bet you would've sold 8 entire kits instead of just fronts.

I think you should go ahead and make the rear and sides, put them on ebay along with the front. I guarantee you will have buyers then...or groupbuycenter.com, these places will get you the people you need.

I am still in favor of this over the Kaotic kit for pre98s, I do plan on getting this kit but it will not be towards the end of the year...so I'm not sure if you will be offering it still then or what but this kit is in my future plans.
soooo what happened to the old GB and those that put there money in that? I would like My money soon.
thanks Johnny
yeah saying your people are out of town is getting old i want my money. i dont want to have to give you a bad rep and/or get you in legal problems
complete the kit and sell it on ebay!theres still people
who don,t know of CEG.We have members who are angry with
the other group buy for bodykits.So finish the job and
I,am sure you,ll do fine once these kits hit the car
shows next summer.Its going to be the kits that are
completed first,that will make the difference.
I saw the front part of the kit on ebay!looks good!but
it cost too much money for just the front!I,ll wait
until the complete kits are done..
I,am going to go with this bodykit for my midnight red tour
I hope I,ll be the only in maryland with one.I,ll post
picks by the summer 2004
I'll be ordering a complete kit two weeks. Can't decide to install before winter hits or wait until spring?
I,am going to wait until summer to install mine.maryland
salt and winter chemicals may damage the fresh paint.
© CEG Archives