Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TheRock249 License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 06/19/03 09:41 PM
I really want a solid frame around my rear license plate, is it at all possible to get a frame that says "Contour.org" or something along that line?

Anyone know of any sources where we could get these from?
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 06/20/03 01:42 AM
I can get these done pretty easly.

They would be machined out of an aluminum piece.

How many people would actually be interested in something like this?
I would go for a pair in BLACK with www.CONTOUR.ORG in Silver/Chrome.
Posted By: R_G Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 06/20/03 04:29 AM
I am down for satine black or CF
Posted By: daniels_scsvt Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 06/20/03 12:30 PM
I want one that says 'SVT' in the ford svt font
Posted By: KyleH Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 06/20/03 12:37 PM
Originally posted by 96BlackSE:

I would
Posted By: svtdc Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 06/20/03 01:33 PM
Depending on what it looked like I could definitely be interested. Something in black and silver or black and red with the SVT logo would be cool.

I am not a big fan of the SVTOA frame you can get- too much silver chrome.
Posted By: papadage_dup1 Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 06/20/03 08:06 PM
If the front frame for states that require a front plate was an under-bumber model, I am definitely in...
Posted By: CLASSVT Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 06/20/03 08:42 PM
I may be interested, depending what it looks like.
Posted By: TheRock249 Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 06/20/03 11:18 PM
Yeah, I'd like to get a black frame, with maybe SVT on the top and www.contour.org on the bottom, in white or silver.

I think a simple plastic frame would be easiest (and cheapest!)
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 06/21/03 12:11 AM
Originally posted by 96BlackSE:
I can get these done pretty easly.

They would be machined out of an aluminum piece.

I'm interested. And do Canadians get a discount?
Posted By: Robert S Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 06/21/03 08:40 AM
Has anyone thought about just going to their local mall? The malls in my area all have custom plate frame places. They make them in aluminum, plastic, whatever you want. They are like $15 + incase anyone wondered about a price range. I thought about getting one that said mondeo. Ford doesn't offer a contour one (sucks).

-Rob
Posted By: TheRock249 Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 06/22/03 04:48 AM
dont have any of those kind of stores anywhere around here.

Whats the word? Can this be done or not?
Posted By: WeaselBomb Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 06/22/03 07:47 AM
I'd totally be interested, but not one that says SVT, come on, SVT guys have enough badging on their cars... WE KNOW IT'S AN SVT ALREADY. Plus, there's already a bunch out there that say SVT. I say we do a CEG logo on the top, with www.contour.org on the bottom. black metal with chrome letters. Who's with me?
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 06/22/03 03:42 PM
I'll get some prices this week

I don't think I can put an SVT badges on them because of the trademark issues

Posted By: R_G Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 06/22/03 06:44 PM
Originally posted by WeaselBomb:
I'd totally be interested, but not one that says SVT, come on, SVT guys have enough badging on their cars... WE KNOW IT'S AN SVT ALREADY. Plus, there's already a bunch out there that say SVT. I say we do a CEG logo on the top, with www.contour.org on the bottom. black metal with chrome letters. Who's with me?

I am with you 100%!!!!
Posted By: KyleH Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 06/23/03 12:49 PM
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:

I am with you 100%!!!!

Me too.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/02/03 01:52 AM
So 96, can we get this done?
Posted By: R_G Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/02/03 02:35 AM
ye, can we?
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/02/03 03:50 AM
I should have some pricing very soon

Long weekend made everything a bit late
Posted By: MonkeyBiz_dup1 Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/02/03 05:10 AM
Originally posted by AlbanianSteve:
I really want a solid frame around my rear license plate, is it at all possible to get a frame that says "Contour.org" or something along that line?

This one works pretty nicely for me...

SVT License Plate Bracket
Posted By: Tavis426 Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/02/03 05:49 AM
Originally posted by KyleH:

I am with you 100%!!!!

Me too.

um, if you don't count the center caps on the wheels(which many CSVT's have aftermarket wheels) there's only one badge on the outside of the car that says SVT, right?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/02/03 03:01 PM
I've ordered with great results from here.

http://www.traffictalk.com/
Posted By: Chaser231 Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/02/03 03:23 PM
Originally posted by daniels_scsvt:
I want one that says 'SVT' in the ford svt font

I'll take one of these
Posted By: R_G Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/03/03 01:32 AM
Originally posted by todras:
I've ordered with great results from here.

http://www.traffictalk.com/

true dat, I filled the on-line "build your own" form, did everything and proceeded to the checkout, but then decided not to. I still wanna something more professionally looking and more racey, something like that:

We were talking about this in aesthetics a few weeks ago...

NorCal and I had them made for NECO, and we can very easily have new ones made for CEG as well All we would need would be 12 confirmed orders

Heres what they looked like for NECO (Clockwise from Top Left, the finishes are as follows: Polished, Brushed Stainless Steel, Faux Carbon Fiber, and Black Powdercoat)

And here is a closeup of the Brushed, and Black Powdercoat finishes

We can only do them in the colors shown in the first picture, because the company that makes them for us does not have other colors for powdercoating

We've got a webpage with a bunch of other pics of the frames but that site is down for at least a week because the server is being moved But if you go to the GB forum of NECO, and do a search for License Plate Frames, you'll see we've completed 3 GB's for them, with dozens of satisfied Customers

To get things started, we would only need 12 confirmed orders, and we can mix and match the different colors, (ie 3 Black, 4 Stainless, 2 Polished, and 5 Carbon Fiber) so it doesn't have to be just 12 of one color.

I'll have to check on the prices again, since we haven't had them made in a few months, and our prices might have changed, but I'll get that for you guys later ... but when we did it before the price for The Black Powdercoat and Stainless Finish frames was 28.00 SHIPPED, Polished was 30.00 SHIPPED and the Carbon Fiber look was 40.00 SHIPPED.

The other thread in Aesthetics died, so I hadn't double checked with our manufacturer yet, but I can do that on Monday as soon as they are open again
Posted By: R_G Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/04/03 03:32 AM
I am IN!!!!!!!!!!! Details regarding PayPal or check plz!!!!!!
Posted By: sigma Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/04/03 03:39 AM
Stupid Question:

Is the price for one or for two?
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/04/03 05:05 AM

Details regarding looks plz
That price is for ONE frame

I'll work on the design this weekend when I have some time, but does CEG have an actual "logo" like the NECO one in the pics?
Posted By: R_G Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/04/03 03:10 PM
Logo is on the Home page
Posted By: TheRock249 Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/15/03 03:43 AM
any word on this?
Posted By: R_G Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/15/03 11:36 PM
Anything?
Posted By: TheRock249 Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/16/03 04:51 AM
still waiting... (trying to keep the thread on the 1st page too!)
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/31/03 01:41 AM
I think we can get 12 by now. Any design made up? Thanks
Posted By: Blevans Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/31/03 02:28 AM
I AM IN ALSO!! WHO IS GOING TO SET THIS UP???
Posted By: R_G Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/31/03 02:54 AM
as I said be4 I am in
Posted By: xcigamxkcalbx Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 07/31/03 03:05 AM
Originally posted by KyleH:

I am with you 100%!!!!

Me too.

Me Three.
I'm really sorry guys... I slacked off on this one, and haven't finished the designs yet I will get on the ball and have an answer by the beginning of next week though...

I'm meeting with our rep tomorrow to discuss this among other projects So I should have pricing info tomorrow... and the design not too long after that
Posted By: R_G Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 08/01/03 12:00 AM
*waiting*
I can't remember if I said I would be down for one, but I am down for one!
Alright guys, the meeting this morning went well

The pricing I got is as follows:

• Black Powdercoat: $28 Shipped
  • Stainless Steel: $28 Shipped
  • Polished (chrome look): $30 Shipped
  • CF Laminate (Fake CF): $40 Shipped

Now all that is left is to finish the design, and as soon as I am able to get home, I will do that...

BUT my car was T-Boned a few weeks ago while I was on vacation 400 miles from home, and the shop that is working on it told me it would be done 10 days ago and has yet to finish. And unfortunately I came all the way down to pick it up... and have no way to get home until they finish... so I won't be back home until the middle of next week now ...Not monday like I originally thought...

I will work on whatever I can while i'm down here ... but if anyone has a larger version of the CEG logo from the main site, that would really help things flow more smoothly
I'd be down for the black powder coat frame.
I will take a pair of Black Powdercoat.
We're still working on the finalized design; we'll let you all know when we get it done.
Just as an update guys... I'm still trapped 400 miles from home without my car I got it back for a few hours the other day, and discovered that my transmission casing was cracked, and had been leaking tranny fluid for the past two months while sitting at the bodyshop ... and they didnt' catch it ... so now I have to wait for them to replace all that, so I won't be back till next week at the earliest now

I've emailed Lance Kinley about getting a larger size of the CEG logo from the main site... and as soon as we get that, things will move along more quickly
Any word yet ???

I hope you and your Tour are doing fine.
Posted By: h_town_contour Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 08/20/03 05:43 AM
When ever you guys get this going, I'll take one.
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 08/21/03 01:57 PM
Originally posted by MonkeyBiz:
Originally posted by AlbanianSteve:

This one works pretty nicely for me...

SVT License Plate Bracket

If anyone wants an SVT plate frame, you can get them here for $10!

http://store.yahoo.com/ford-usa/s11889.html
I actually have a Cougar... and it is still in the shop... but I stole my brother's car, and drove back home, so I finally have my computer with Photoshop and Illustrator on it again, and I am soooo very excited, so today or tomorrow I should have a rough layout
All righty then, let's get this thing moving!
Alrighty guys, here's what I've got for you now that I have my computer again

Now if everyone approves of the Design, we can move ahead and put this into production So I'll give it till the end of the weekend for people to check out the Design and give their feedback, and then we will start a new thread about it
i like it. . .
I like that alot...I'd be in for the black powdercoat
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 08/22/03 08:52 PM
Looks good!

Make you you change it to: Contour Enthusiasts Group.

At least it doesn't say "Enthusists".
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
Looks good!

Good Catch, I changed it accordingly
OK here are a few more renderings of the other finishes

Black Powdercoat

Stainless Steel

Polished "Mirror Bright"

And "Carbon Fiber Look"

Again, all questions and comments are welcomed, and if you have suggestions for any changes, like a different font, let me know
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 08/23/03 03:29 AM
SNAP!

Put me down for a black powdercoat.

now is the $28 bux for two? or one? sorry for stupid question
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
Looks good!

At least it doesn't say "Enthusists".

LMAO!!

I'm down for one black frame. I've got moneys for you...
TWO of these please...

Posted By: Cris'pus Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 08/23/03 07:08 AM
Black for me.
Originally posted by SnafuFlux:

now is the $28 bux for two? or one? sorry for stupid question

It's not a stupid question

The prices listed are for Each Frame
Alright guys, I've sent the design off to the manufacturer, and they are going to get the finalized proof set up, and send it back to me in the next few days. In the meantime we will get everything on our end set up as well, and I will post a new thread sometime in the next few days
Posted By: peznux Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 08/26/03 02:51 AM

^^ did anybody answer about if we can pay using paypal or not?
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 08/26/03 02:53 AM
I am interested in a chrome one! PM me when your excepting $$$$$!
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: License Plate Frame Possibility?? - 08/27/03 01:49 AM
DEVIN...lets do it...im in...i'll give you the money when i see you dnext time. Give me the Black one please.....ohhhh im in love
© CEG Archives