Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Top_Flight Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/12/03 12:28 PM
I want to see who all would be interested in this , I will be offering these at $50.00 SHIPPED other then the $60.00 this guy wants here at this web site.

web page
Posted By: daniels_scsvt Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/12/03 12:41 PM
lets see pics, specs and will there be any mods required for install?

(Elky had to cut bolts to install his...)

d

Posted By: Top_Flight Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/12/03 12:46 PM
You'll drill 2 holes and thread 2 nuts on the backside of the fender studs and you'll walk away with it being complete . I will have pictures later today
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/12/03 01:48 PM
Pictures are right there on the site... pretty self-explanitory i would think!
But, give me some time to see if i can drill the holes in my CF hood and i'll let you know if i'm in!
Posted By: DDV Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/12/03 02:03 PM
Count me in.
Posted By: RoadRunner_dup1 Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/12/03 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Top_Flight:
I want to see who all would be interested in this , I will be offering these at $50.00 SHIPPED other then the $60.00 this guy wants here at this web site.

web page

I have these.
They don't require ANY drilling, and you can get them from 1HOTWHIP.

The problem is that they don't last very long....
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/12/03 05:13 PM
those say they require drilling, maybe you got different ones.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/12/03 05:36 PM
well if they are the same ones as on that sight, then I'm in. I won't to konw that they will last though.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/12/03 05:48 PM
dont last long?
i have had mine for well over a year
and the hood gets opened all the time and i have had no problems.

i wonder if everybodies were hitting the bolts like mine were, thus scratching the rod which then would ruin the seal on the piston leading to premature failure.
hmm
Posted By: El Flaco_dup1 Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/12/03 05:52 PM
i'll be in.
Posted By: Top_Flight Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/12/03 05:54 PM
Thats what i was thinking, I will be making sure that it fits PERFECT and there is no problems with it .

P.S let me know if you can hook this up on a carbon fiber hood .
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/12/03 05:56 PM
well I'm in for a PERFECT set that last. When do you need the money
Posted By: Top_Flight Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/12/03 06:00 PM
You can buy these at any time ,I'm just goting to make up 3-4 sets just in case if more people want them. I just wanted to get a intrest check first . Im going to take some pictures of mine today and go from there.

Do people want the same height on there hood ? or just a little taller ?

That will be something i will need to know with your order as well .
Posted By: RoadRunner_dup1 Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/13/03 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
those say they require drilling, maybe you got different ones.

Mine didn't require any drilling.
You replaced one bolt on the hood hinge,
and one bolt on the fender mount,
with the ball mount studs.
You then mount the pistons, and insert the retainers.

Takes all of 10 minutes.
Posted By: Top_Flight Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/13/03 03:46 AM
I can't get the hood to sit flush after mounting them , I had a great idea of how to do this but im going to need the dimentions of the hydralic cylinders before i can do anything .
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/13/03 04:12 AM
roadrunner, iirc u got the ones from the group buy, same as me and elky. they aren't the same. the ones we got require no drilling, made for the mondeo. mine have held up just fine since getting them. elky shaved down the screw heads cuz the struts were hitting the screw a bit. mine do too but very minor. i'm looking to shave down the screw head too.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/13/03 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Top_Flight:
I can't get the hood to sit flush after mounting them , I had a great idea of how to do this but im going to need the dimentions of the hydralic cylinders before i can do anything .

So wait.......... If I'm gonna buy these, I'll need the hood to go back flush again. And I want the same height as in the redline.com pics. If there is gonna be trouble with them, then I'll just gettem from them. Keep me informed. Thanks
Posted By: RedlineTuning Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/13/03 02:35 PM
We first want to say thanks to Contour.org - great site!

Our RedlineTuning Contour Quick-Lift kits were designed and engineering by us from the ground up to work flawlessly on your Contour vehicles.

We are well aware of all other companies and individuals creating kits (or putting together miscellaneous hardware) over the last couple years - some work better than others, but all have some engineering 'flaw' that we have solved. Our customer's can speak loudly to the quality and simplicity that the Quick-Lift kit provides.

Quote:

[Contour.org member] - I just got my quick lift kit installed and I couldn't be any happier! Seriously. The kit costs $60 [edit - $49.95] and is worth every penny. Granted you could go out and get your self some gas charged struts from the auto parts store, engineer a few parts, and save a few bucks. However, these kits come with everything and are proven! Something else to consider, these guys have EXCELLENT customer service. Contour kits were just released this week. Go out and get yourself one!!

Our kits work! There aren't any clearance issues with our gas-struts and we have also engineered strut placement, diameter and force into the kit to hold up the hood safely. There is always room for improvement over stock equipment (if available) and we strive to make those improvements.

A 2 year warranty is offered from the date of purchase and this relates to every item shipped in the kit. A great deal of time and testing goes into our products, from the components themselves to the mounting locations and the detailed instruction manuals (all copyright laws apply to our web graphics and written materials). Redline Tuning LLC is our official corporate operating name, created by two automotive engineers who love cars as much as you folks. Give our proven products a try.

Thanks,
Brian & Andreas
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/13/03 02:45 PM
well Redline dropped their price to $49.95

so........................
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/13/03 04:31 PM
well guys I really want some of these, but I have to know that they will last so I'm goin with Redline. Check out the Group Buy for a cheaper price: Redline Group Buy
Posted By: perry_dup1 Re: Ford Contour Hood Lift - 06/14/03 04:49 PM
Top_Flight = Citation10 = banned = closing this thread
© CEG Archives