Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 12:16 AM
Ok, here's the dealyo. I have an established company interested in fabricating complete replacement IMRC covers in real carbon fiber.
They will begin construction if we get as little as five people really interested. However, like other group buys featuring new products that require R&D and a new market, the less people interested the more it will cost. As few as five people the cost will be $250 and this will not include any writing on the CF. They can, however, use just about any color combination for the CF you may want: black, yellow, red, blue. This is at no additional cost.
Remember, the more people interested the better off we are!!

If you are interested in seeing some of their other products please go here: Project Nighthawk.
I require nothing of you other than your word that if we get enough people interested you will go through on this - only people initially donating time and/or money will be me and the company performing the work.
Naturally they want to gauge responses before starting work on a prototype but my IMRC cover is in their hands (my engine's so naked!! ) and they are confident they can do this.

I implore you, HELP!! LOL

If interested - please post so we can accurately measure interest!
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 12:25 AM
I'm interested, but not for $250. How much for 10 orders? 20 orders?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 12:31 AM
Ouch, sorry about that.

Five initial units are $200, not $250. Sorry about that! I probably already scared everyone away!! LOL

Prices drop about $25 for the first 10 and another $25 for 25 customers. Good question, thank you.
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 12:37 AM
still 200 dollars I thought the point of carbon fiber anything was to lesson wait (carbon fiber hoods) but the IMRC cover is plastic anyways? is it really worth it for 200 bucks?
Posted By: RoadRunner_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 12:39 AM
Are you talking about the cover on the IMRC,
or the plastic cover that mounts to the Valve cover with "DURATEC" molded on it ??
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 12:57 AM
Originally posted by RoadRunner:
Are you talking about the cover on the IMRC,
or the plastic cover that mounts to the Valve cover with "DURATEC" molded on it ??

Yes. Hence no letters or writing on it!

Yes, it's fairly expensive but some people will pay for it. I know I've wanted one for some time.
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 01:32 AM
I might cough up $200...what say you shoot for however many orders it takes to get $150. Fair enough price. What's that, 25-30 orders?
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 03:23 AM
Just when I think I couldn't possibly jump in another GB......

[Hans Moleman] One please [/Hans Moleman]

I agree, lets try to hold out for the $150 cover.....I can talk myself into it much easier.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 04:02 AM
LMFAO!! I saw your post under aesthetics and I was thinking you were one I COULDN'T count on!! I was really bummed. LMAO Looks good...

Anyway, in order to get the price down to $150 we only need 25 people to order! That's really not a whole lot considering the amount of people on the CEG. Pimps galore. LOL (Ooh, and pimpettes, too. Can't forget thisgirls98.5svt LOL)
If we get 50 or more then it's only $125.
$125!!! That's nothing for something that will totally change the look of the engine bay! A lot of people have been asking for this and I honestly think this is our chance!!! Carbon-creations has been too busy to create products right now - much less create NEW products and finding someone willing to cater to a small group of enthusiasts such as ourselves is a godsend!
I'm relying on EVERYONE that is the SLIGHTEST bit interested to post so we can say YES, LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!! I know we can do it.
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 04:12 AM
I'm interested, but I'll be honest, I don't have the money right now and I would MUCH rather see it at 150 or below.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 04:15 AM
i would be in.... if it was for a zetec.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 04:18 AM
So, for now I'll put you down at the $150 price and if we don't get enough interest it probably won't fly but if it does - you'll be straight mackin'.

So, for now, interest is holding at:
The Great One - $150 or less
Swazo - $150 or less
NorMich99SE - $150 or less

Only 22 more people required! This is very doable people!! If we can get a whole body kit off the ground then one CF piece should be more than doable.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
i would be in.... if it was for a zetec.

If I could do something for you then I would. After we get this off the ground then yes, I have other things planned.
Posted By: hydro Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 09:17 AM
i'm interested. any way you can check and see if this company can make carbon fiber trunk lids also?
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 01:49 PM
Trunk lids... that would be tight!
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 02:44 PM
Originally posted by hydro:
i'm interested. any way you can check and see if this company can make carbon fiber trunk lids also?

Stop stealing my ideas!! LOL That's what I was actually referring to earlier.
I don't think they've tackled anything that large yet. I'd like to get this off the ground THEN talk about bigger stuff.
So, are you two guys in for real or IF it gets to a certain price or what?
Posted By: hydro Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 03:34 PM
no im in regardless of price. i'd like to see you force the issue on the trunk lids though.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 03:41 PM
Originally posted by hydro:
no im in regardless of price. i'd like to see you force the issue on the trunk lids though.

on both accounts.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 03:43 PM
I'm getting a warm fuzzy feeling about this people, I think this is something we CAN do! Just show me your interest and I will bring you CF stuff!!

So, for now, interest is holding at:
Swazo - $150 or less
Hydro - is in

Only 21 more people required! We can do this, I know we can.
Posted By: R_G Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 08:45 PM
I am down for Zetec - 101%
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/12/03 10:05 PM
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:
I am down for Zetec - 101%

Unfortunately the piece we are fabricating is not for the Zetecs...
Posted By: NorCalCoug_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/13/03 08:11 AM
From what I heard, there's already some of these 2.5L IMRC covers being made in 2x2 twill C/F that will be available in about a month at around the 150-range, but I have to double-check with the guy getting them made. So if you're looking to get this product developed, you might want to wait a bit since it's already in the works, IIRC.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/13/03 03:02 PM
I am very interested! I will wait a little to see if the cheaper one comes through, But if this one goes cheaper I will buy it. Either way I am buying one!

-Jeff-
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/13/03 03:48 PM
I'm interested. . .and I don't need letter etching, I got a SVT logo (the one that's on the covers currently) ages ago and have been waiting for a CF cover to put it on. . .
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/13/03 03:48 PM
Originally posted by NorCalCoug:
From what I heard, there's already some of these 2.5L IMRC covers being made in 2x2 twill C/F that will be available in about a month at around the 150-range, but I have to double-check with the guy getting them made. So if you're looking to get this product developed, you might want to wait a bit since it's already in the works, IIRC.

Well, I guess it's a race then! Shoot me a PM on this guy if you can. I want to know how close he is, prices, etc. Just trying to do what's best for all of us!
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/13/03 03:50 PM
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
I'm interested. . .and I don't need letter etching, I got a SVT logo (the one that's on the covers currently) ages ago and have been waiting for a CF cover to put it on. . .

Does this mean you want me to put you down as a definite for this group buy or Norcalcoug's information??
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/13/03 10:37 PM
Is our GB more expensive because they're using more CF?? If so, yeah, I'll pay for quality. . .otherwise, if it's the same thing, exactly, then probably not. . .
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/13/03 11:46 PM
I don't think it's more expensive. The guy I'm dealing with just has this plan to make his money back from the molding/fabricating process for a new product. It sounds like the other guy is just 'doing it' in his spare time and isn't worried about making a product that EVERYONE wants so isn't really worried. But then again I don't know for sure because I haven't been able to talk to him. On the first post there is a link for Project Nighthawk that shows some of the products he has made. Check them out and let me know if you're interested!
Posted By: Top_Flight Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/14/03 12:25 AM
ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS ? jesus , i could see maybe 40.00 TOP but 150.00 for a IMRC cover ? what am i missing here ?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/14/03 01:08 AM
The piece that 'hugs' the bottom of the UIM that's about 18" long, not the 2" x 2" aluminium piece on the actual controller.
How much was carbon-creations charging for sail panels? CF mirrors?
People - this is NOT an exorbitant price! I think it's very reasonable.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/14/03 02:23 AM
"It costs to floss baby!"
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/17/03 04:01 PM
CF is expensive either way, plus the time and labor into the process of molding it correctly. CF is VERY easy to screwup, especially the CF pattern in the final product if not laid correctly, could look like CRAP.

NorCalCoug, could you PM me... I have a couple questions.
Posted By: ZooYork03 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/18/03 02:28 AM
wow what a surprise, citation10 is back, this time as "topflight" and he is shooting his mouth off....

well its easy enough to just ignore him but i say its more fun to burn his stupid ass!!!!

that is all!!
oh yeah and i am down IF it is 150 or less!!!!\
john
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/18/03 09:34 PM
So far this is who we have interested:
Swazo - $150 or less
Hydro - is in
Zooyork03 - $150 or less

Only 20 more people required! I don't have that warm fuzzy feeling anymore... If you're interested AT ALL you have to let me know and see what we can do if at all. You'll never know if you don't ask!

Feel free to PM or chickenhawkracing@hotmail.com email me if you would like to keep if off the forums.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/18/03 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Top_Flight:
ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS ? jesus , i could see maybe 40.00 TOP but 150.00 for a IMRC cover ? what am i missing here ?

Taste AND tact.
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/19/03 02:38 AM
For $150, i'm IN.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/19/03 06:31 PM
For $150 I am in also! Put me on the list

-Jeff-
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/20/03 03:44 AM
i'm in, $150 or so, I'll top out at $200, yes, Swazo is right, it costs to floss. . .
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/20/03 08:43 PM
Swazo - $150 or less
Hydro - is in
Zooyork03 - $150 or less
Qwk98svt - $150 or less
ssmumich00 - $150 or less

Only 18 more people required! This is starting to look a little better. Make sure to post/list/email with questions or whatever. You'll never know if you don't ask! Remember, additional colors colors colors will be available at no additional costs!!!!!!

Feel free to PM or chickenhawkracing@hotmail.com email me if you would like to keep if off the forums.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/23/03 04:27 AM
c'mon guys you know you want this, let's get some more people!!!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/23/03 05:22 AM
I forgot about being able to get colored carbon fiber!!
Posted By: contourtionist Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/26/03 12:17 AM
Is there anything else that you gus would want in carbon fiber??????
Just doing a little research for myself
Posted By: R_G Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/26/03 01:08 AM
Originally posted by contourtionist:
Is there anything else that you gus would want in carbon fiber??????
Just doing a little research for myself

I sent an e-mail to the author of this thread about ATX CF bezels, but it went unanswered
Posted By: svt4b Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/28/03 05:54 PM
im down if it will take a little while cause i gotta save some funds for it. either in red or black, i gotta see the link's red stuff.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/28/03 07:40 PM
Swazo - $150 or less
Hydro - is in
Zooyork03 - $150 or less
Qwk98svt - $150 or less

Only 18 more people required! Unfortunately we are fast approaching our deadline here. I can only give you guys/gals about two more weeks to post interest here. Please, if you are interested and think you can swing the money let me know!

Posted By: MLK Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/28/03 08:35 PM
$150 or less works for me

I'm in
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/28/03 08:37 PM
Swazo - $150 or less
Hydro - is in
Zooyork03 - $150 or less
Qwk98svt - $150 or less
MLK - $150 or less

Only 17 more people required!

Thanks MLK!!
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/28/03 09:38 PM
I'm in for sure willing to go a little higher if needed.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/28/03 09:48 PM
Swazo - $150 or less
Hydro - is in
Zooyork03 - $150 or less
Qwk98svt - $150 or less
MLK - $150 or less
skunk - $150 - maybe higher

Only 16 more people required!

Thanks skunk!!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/28/03 11:25 PM
would it be possible to get a vent on the cover to allow cooler temps for the IMRC box??
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/28/03 11:33 PM
Probably - but I seriously doubt it would do anything useful. It's all one engine compartment recycling the same hot air. I can't really see it doing a whole lot...
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/29/03 03:22 AM
I will pay higher also... Put me down for $150+

-Jeff-
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 06/29/03 05:34 AM
Free flowing air for the IMRC box might keeping it from failing as much.....some would say loose the cover all together, but I can't pass up a carbon fiber addition like that.
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/02/03 01:57 PM
Looks like this ones dying. This is an awsome deal and it's a great way add a new look under the hood. hope we can do this.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/02/03 11:40 PM
We've still got some time left. Remember, we do have enough people to get it off the ground - just not at the $150 pricetag stipulated by most people. Never know what might change to make this happen.

Thanks for bringing it back to the top - I had planned on doing that anyway!
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/03/03 02:54 PM
what's the pricee as of now. maybe if we bite the bullet other will join in for sure.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/03/03 03:29 PM
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
what's the pricee as of now. maybe if we bite the bullet other will join in for sure.

Ok guys, going back to the first post the price would be right now holding at $175 for ten orders.

Is everybody on this list capable of going another 25 beans? If so then we can start making payment arrangements and get this thing off the road.

What do you say guys, are we on??
Posted By: hydro Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/03/03 03:39 PM
So they need a total of $1,750 to get this off the ground? Do they need all of that money up front or will there be deposits? I am definitely in for that price, red carbon fiber are you kidding?

Posted By: LoudnQuik Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/03/03 03:57 PM
Hey guys dont the 2.5l cougars have the same engine cover?? Bet you can scrounge some more people up over there and combine groupbuys to get the price down. Just a thought.

Jason
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/03/03 04:06 PM
Originally posted by LoudnQuik:
Hey guys dont the 2.5l cougars have the same engine cover?? Bet you can scrounge some more people up over there and combine groupbuys to get the price down. Just a thought.

Jason

I've tried posting on the cougar forums but to no avail. Maybe I should hop on over and see what happens...
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/03/03 04:10 PM
Swazo - $150 or less
Hydro - is in
Zooyork03 - $150 or less
Qwk98svt - $150+ ($175?)
MLK - $150 or less
skunk - $150 - maybe higher

Updated to put Qwk98svt at $150+, hopefully to mean $175.

Only 16 more people required to get the low, cheap price of $150!! Right now with our interest we can get these at $175!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/03/03 04:55 PM
Originally posted by NorCalCoug:

I'm gonna assume that the cougar folks may go with this deal when it's available.
Posting this GB over there is worth a shot though.
Posted By: Stevers Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/03/03 06:58 PM
Would they be able to incorporate some vents on the cover, maybe to pass air over the IMRC time bomb? That would be somewhat of a solution to the convection oven problem.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/03/03 07:07 PM
I will gadly pay $175!!! C'mon people it is only another $25!!!! Lets make this happen Today! Lets keep this rollin

-Jeff-
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/03/03 09:08 PM
same here $175 or $150 let's getting on!!
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/03/03 09:39 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
I'm gonna assume that the cougar folks may go with this deal when it's available.
Posting this GB over there is worth a shot though.

I just posted this Group Buy over on fastcougar.com/forums. Hopefully we'll be able to get a little bit more response from them, too!

Swazo - $150 or less
Hydro - is in
Zooyork03 - $150 or less
Qwk98svt - $175
MLK - $150 or less
skunk - $175

Updated to put Qwk98svt and skunk at $175.

Only 16 more people required to get the low, cheap price of $150!! Right now with our interest we can get these at $175!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/03/03 09:45 PM
I can pay the $175, and vents on the IMRC, would that seriously help? I don't care, I'm game for it, $25 is $25, time is money, patience is as well, and 16 MORE people that won't cop out at the last minute, that'll be TOUGH to scrounge up. . .I've waited for this for almost 1.5yr's, so LET'S GO!!!!!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/04/03 01:12 AM
I'm still in at 175 for sure......I thought that went without saying
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/04/03 01:13 AM
When would they be produced? I mean, do I have to pay upfront? I think I can swing the $175...just not like tomorrow!
Posted By: neco01blkcat Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/04/03 02:04 AM
Add me to that list - I'm in for 175
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/04/03 08:30 AM
Holy... I want pictures before i sink $175 into something I wont see every day or be able to like... 'use'. In spite of that I think I might need a blue one tho.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/04/03 02:30 PM
The Great One - $175
Swazo - $175
Hydro - is in
Zooyork03 - $150 or less
Qwk98svt - $175
ssmumich00 - $175 or less
MLK - $150 or less
skunk - $175
neco01blkcat - $175

Only 15 more people required to get the low, cheap price of $150!! Right now with our interest we can get these at $175!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, we are the platform that these are going to be designed off of so there are no pictures of THESE particular products. However, if you would like to see some of the other products this manufacturer offers go here: Project Nighthawk

The Great One, they will not be done tomorrow and all we will need to get it started is a deposit. Obviously, you will have all the time that it takes him to complete these to pay the rest off. The minimum amount for a deposit has not been determined as of yet.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/04/03 02:33 PM
Originally posted by NeilsCougar:
Holy... I want pictures before i sink $175 into something I wont see every day or be able to like... 'use'. In spite of that I think I might need a blue one tho.

LOL If you have seen pics of the Eliminator Cougar then that is basically what this setup will look like. However since we don't have any done yet I can't show you exactly how yours would look. I strongly urge you to check out his other products - the quality would be the same as you see on Project Nighthawk.
Posted By: thejms Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/04/03 04:57 PM
damn.....I just dropped money on new brakes all the way around and dont think I can spot 175 atm (got a kid on the way so pinching pennies atm) do you think there may be a second GB on this? Or will there be a payment thing like some have asked or will it be all up front?
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/04/03 04:59 PM
I should be able to do $175 as well, depending on when the money is needed and how much of a deposit is required.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/05/03 03:20 PM
Good news everyone!!!! These units will be done for $150!! My manufacturer said he went ahead and did the mold because the interest looked like it was there!
The Great One - $150
Swazo - $150
NorMich99SE - $150
Hydro - $150
Zooyork03 - $150
Qwk98svt - $150
ssmumich00 - $150
MLK - $150
skunk - $150
neco01blkcat - $150

This is the plan I have formulated in my head. I am creating a paypal account for everyone to send me money incase anyone has a problem trusting a new person. I have been on the boards for about two years and three contours, a lot of people know me so I don't think that is going to be a problem. Dave has however stated that he requires the full payment before he completes the order and ships out.
How long would everyone need to get the full payment? I'm willing to go atleast two weeks to collect all payments - I'm afraid that anymore people would start getting too anxious and be looking elsewhere.
What's a good time frame for everybody? Feel free to PM or email me with any questions.
I will let you know right now that we haven't ironed out the shipping details yet. I would also value your input on how everyone would like this handled. I had thought about him shipping everything to me in one package and I'd ship everything out insured? It would add a bit to the shipping costs but I would feel safer about nobody getting screwed here.
My email is chickenhawkracing@hotmail.com. Feel free to drop me a line with questions/concerns.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN AND PLEASE STICK IT OUT UNTIL THE SWEET, SWEET END!!!!!!!!!!

ps. sorry for the long post...
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/05/03 04:29 PM
Nice, very nice! 2 weeks sounds good to me and the insured shipping sounds even better to cover everyones arse. Good job getting this to go through!
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/05/03 05:18 PM
Excellent man! How long before they can be done? I've got no problem paying in full in the next 2 weeks. Are colors still available or no? Doesn't make that much difference, I'm probably going to stick with black anyway.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/05/03 05:29 PM
I'm most likely getting black also, but can you get some "sample" pics of the different colors of carbon fiber?
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/05/03 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Swazo:
I'm most likely getting black also, but can you get some "sample" pics of the different colors of carbon fiber?

Is this about right?

RED

BLUE

BLACK
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/06/03 03:29 AM
I can most likely do 2 weeks. Pay Day is next week, I just have to see how good that check is and see whats left after I make my car payment.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/06/03 07:58 PM
Hopefully I'll have my paypal account set up this week but we'll make the official start date for sending in payments the next Monday, 14 July. You can send in money before that via snail mail if you so desire. I will be collecting money (and hopefully have it all in) until the end of July, 28th. I'll send Dave the money and he said it would take about two weeks for him to complete the whole order.
If you want to mail payments you can email or pm for my address.

Swazo, I guess that's about what it would look like - I don't think I saw pictures of his colored stuff. But remember, you can always order two and sell the colored one if you don't like it (or vice versa).
Posted By: NorCalSVT Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/08/03 12:27 AM
ummm, what is this cover? IMRC? sorry i'm so dense.
i see that company does a ton of interior pieces for the mustang, that look like complete pieces (and not just carbon fiber stickers) i cant stand the carbon fiber sticker look, where you can see the original plastic part lurking beneith the sticker - on the edges.

looks like they do good work - will they do interior stuff for the Contour?

how about some turn signal M3 type rear view tpe mirrors?
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/08/03 02:12 AM
I don't know if anyone's posted this "observation" yet, but this GB is for the Engine shroud that has Ford Duratec written on it, correct??? The IMRC is that little box behind the shroud.....
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/08/03 03:55 AM
Originally posted by wontgrowup:
I don't know if anyone's posted this "observation" yet, but this GB is for the Engine shroud that has Ford Duratec written on it, correct??? The IMRC is that little box behind the shroud.....

Exactly - that big plastic piece that covers the IMRC box, hence the IMRC cover.
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/08/03 02:50 PM
Hey guys, kinda on the Courgar topic, I know the guys over at NECO that are Building the CF Cover. They already have the prototrype completed and are accepting orders, so i am not sure if you will get a lot of NECO folks in on this group buy. there also the same guys doig the Post-98 CF hood as well. The hood should be done by end of August and will be test fitted to my car....but thats another story....But yea, just giving you a heads up. Although you may get some people who would go for the colors which i think are really cool.

Roz
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/08/03 03:25 PM
This prototype is also completed and we're taking orders as well. The price is the same I hear so everybody should be happy - but we do get colors if you're into that...

Thanks for the input!
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/08/03 04:36 PM
chknhwk, when we order, do we tell you what we want and you pass it along to the guy making them or what? I'll be gone from the 12-19th so I most likely won't be able to pay till after I'm back, but just wondered about this since I think I'll go for a blue one.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/08/03 04:41 PM
Yes, when you send me money I will need:
* Full name
* Mailing address
* Type of carbon fiber:
~ plain
~ blue
~ red
~ yellow

I guess that's about it!
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/12/03 07:13 AM

I am going to send the money out first thing monday morning you should have it this coming week!! Thanks a lot!

-Jeff-
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/12/03 09:17 AM
Payment sent
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/12/03 10:42 AM
Thanks guys! I can't wait to get mine on my car!!
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/12/03 02:53 PM
Good news! My Paypal account works.

However, I STRONGLY urge everyone to not use CC's as they charge 2.9% to transfer. I really don't want to, nor can I afford to, pay the extra amount.

Chickenhawkracing@hotmail.com

Please give me your shipping address and choice of CF when you order.

If you would rather mail payment:

John Preston
4245 Chestnut Ave
Oakford, PA, 19053

Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/12/03 02:55 PM
Oh yeah, I want black CF.....
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/13/03 11:15 PM
crap i forgot to check on this! When do you need payment by??
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/14/03 01:30 AM
Two weeks from Monday.
Posted By: rikenbomb_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/14/03 11:07 AM
chknhwk,

I looked at the site that has some of the CF pieces on display. I am extremely interested, however it appears not to look like real CF. I could be the pics. If possible could you send pics of the prototype IMRC cover?

What size twill is being used? Some detailed info if possible? Thanks!!!

Henry
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/14/03 03:35 PM
payment sent. And i sent cash via paypal, I won't screw you out of the 2.9% like some people do.. . .

Hey-
Can your guy do CF mirrors, CF rear door inserts, CF spoilers???? I'd be interested. . .maybe even CF door inserts? It's functional and aesthetic, lightening up my csvt is like adding more hp. . .I've already taken nearly 70lbs off, with a CF hood, that'll be like another 30lbs, eventually I'll be at 2900lbs. . .
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/14/03 04:28 PM
rikenbomb, if you look on his website it will say that he does both synthetic and real CF. These pieces will be real, true CF. I do not, however, know what the weave will be. His link is right on there if you want to email him and ask. I have just sent him an email asking these same questions so we'll see what happens. I also asked if it was possible for pics of the prototype. You're more than welcome to hop in on this if you want!

Suneil, payment received and I thank you.
As to your questions he has done other things and seems eager to do more stuff if the interest is there. I do have a plan for the Zetec guys on something QUITE sweet so we'll see what happens with that then I'll look at mirrors and stuff. Maybe some CF sill plates.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/15/03 10:55 PM
Here is the list of who has paid so far:
The Great One - $150
Swazo - Paid: PLAIN
NorMich99SE - $150
Hydro - $150
Zooyork03 - $150
Qwk98svt - $150
ssmumich00 - Paid: PLAIN
MLK - $150
skunk - $150
neco01blkcat - $150

Remember, all payments are due by 28 July.

My email is chickenhawkracing@hotmail.com. Feel free to drop me a line with questions/concerns.
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/16/03 01:35 AM
Hey! I haven't paid you yet! I'll have a check in the mail by monday though.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/16/03 01:36 AM
Cool. Just make sure you include a shipping address and what style cover you want.
Posted By: rikenbomb_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/16/03 06:37 PM
Put me down for one then. So long as it is real
I'll mail you a check next week Monday, how's that?

Black CF.

Will this be clear coated as well? Please find out if it's for show only or can it be used for daily driving. This will go great with my CF hood.

BTW, I see no such thing on NECO forums about the CF IMRC cover. Neither on Team NECO or NECO.

Henry
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/16/03 09:00 PM
Roger that riken, I'll put you on.
The Great One - $150
NorMich99SE - $150
Hydro - $150
Zooyork03 - $150
Qwk98svt - $150
MLK - $150
skunk - $150
neco01blkcat - $150
rikenbomb - $150

Remember, all payments are due by 28 July.

I did put a post on the fastcougar.com forums. There was something about them merging with some big NECO site and that was the forums for both. But I went back about a week later to check interest one of the mods erased my post. So unfortunately I guess either they don't trust me or they don't want my business. If you have friends that may be interested send them my way!

Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/16/03 09:33 PM
Wow, they erased it?? Well I don't plan on posting there anymore anyways, just a better reason not to.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/16/03 09:37 PM
Wow, they erased it?? Well I don't plan on posting there anymore anyways, just a better reason not to.

Yeah, I was pist!!!!!!!!!!! No explanation, nothin'. F em. I was only trying to make more pimps.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/16/03 10:27 PM
Originally posted by rikenbomb:

Will this be clear coated as well? Please find out if it's for show only or can it be used for daily driving. This will go great with my CF hood.
Henry

Whoops! Missed that question, sorry. I'm going to find out if they're coated (I'm sure they are) but as far as daily driving goes this guy offers carbon fiber valve covers for Cobras so yes, I'm sure they're fine for daily driving. (My next purchase [hopefully] will be CF valve covers for my Cobra.)
Posted By: rikenbomb_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/17/03 04:46 AM
Hey now not all the moeds are erase happy. I'm not and I moderate 3 forums. I can find out what happened.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/17/03 12:01 PM
I'll tell ya what happened.
they have this list of approved group buyers because people have been screwed in the past from group buys. If you're not on the list, your thread gets deleted.
There's a stickied thread in the group buy section that tells you how to become an approved group buy seller.
I understand the purpose for it, but it's a pain in the nuts and it has excluded many CEGers who have great reputations over here because they weren't aware of the policy. Frankly, cougar owners are sometimes missing out if they don't check contour.org frequently.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/17/03 07:33 PM
That's all fine and dandy but I did pm the moderator for the group buy section with all of the information he stated he needed to be an authorized poster. Everything on that list he said he needed was included.

And I waited for three weeks before posting. I got no response from him after three more pms and waiting three weeks so I posted anyway listing the dilemma. I said I had pmed, got no response and I wanted the cougar owners to be available to this product. That post received several views but no responses and nothing from the moderator. Then, it was gone so I gave up. I tried offering and no one was interested.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/17/03 07:35 PM
yep, that's the same PITA that usually happens.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/17/03 10:05 PM
That kind of BS makes it where I have decided not to post over there. With all the oh so cool cars over there and all the smart people, there is a bad attitude over there.....almost disgruntle.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/18/03 12:30 AM
I just want everyone to know that I am NOT getting anything 'special' out of this group buy. I am paying the same price as everyone else for the exact same product. I am just trying to share my love for the CDW-27 platform as everyone else.

It really is a shame, isn't it?
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/18/03 03:03 AM
Payment was sent tuesday, you should have it very soon! Thanks!

-Jeff-
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/18/03 03:10 AM
ROGER!!! I'll check my ish shortly.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/18/03 10:10 PM
Thanks to Ant'ny we have another pimp in training:
The Great One - $150
NorMich99SE - $150
Hydro - $150
Zooyork03 - $150
Qwk98svt - $150
MLK - $150
skunk - $150
neco01blkcat - $150
rikenbomb - $150
KarlosSVT - $150
chknhwk - $150

Remember, all payments are due by 28 July!

I need input on how everyone wants to work shipping! We're discussing having everything sent to you COD once the order is filled and all covers have been fabricated.
Posted By: rikenbomb_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/20/03 11:12 PM
HOw about that clear coat? When can we expect delivery of the product?
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/21/03 06:58 PM
OK This sucks. i don't think I'm gonna be able to get my money in by the 28th. Don't beat me please!! Business has been slow and checks have been small and I have 2 loans to make payments on, and that has to come before the fun stuff. If at all possible I will get you the money still, but as of right now, it doesn't look like it will happen by the 28th. Sorry guys, I know how much everyone hates someone backing out on these things, I thought I'd be able to swing this but i just don't think i can right now.
Posted By: hydro Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/21/03 07:21 PM
I will get my payment to you this week. thanks for the good work chknhwk, can't wait to get mine
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/21/03 07:34 PM
i hope this goes through, doesn't look like anybody wants my car, so I'll be prettying her up with some CF. . . .
Posted By: MLK Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/21/03 07:46 PM
Paid! Thanks John.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/21/03 10:36 PM
Some more updates:
The Great One - $150
NorMich99SE - ???
Hydro - $150
Zooyork03 - $150
Qwk98svt - Paid: PLAIN (+ $25 to cover s/h)
MLK - Paid: BLUE
skunk - $150
neco01blkcat - $150
rikenbomb - $150
KarlosSVT - $150
chknhwk - $150

I need input on how everyone wants to work shipping! We're discussing having everything sent to you COD once the order is filled and all covers have been fabricated.

Riken, once all payments are in I was informed that it will be ~ two weeks for the order to be completed.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/21/03 10:39 PM
Straight from the manufacturer (sorry it took so long...):

The units will be a 100% replacement.
The top layer will have a gel/clear coat finish to give it the nice shiny looking, 3-D effect.
Were going to be using a 2X2 weave which is a smaller strand CF, but most CF parts you see everywhere use a 2X2 strand weave.
With all the resin coatings the unit should be able to take several hundred degrees of radiant heat from the engine and headers without any issues.

Everybody happy with this? I sure am.
Posted By: rikenbomb_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/21/03 11:41 PM
Just what I wanted to hear!!!
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/22/03 12:00 AM
I am so gld you got my payment I can't wait to get cover!

-Jeff-
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/23/03 02:47 PM
hey man, odn't od cod...the fees alone are ridiculous.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/23/03 05:28 PM
UPS ground would work fine for me to be honest.

That's what I wanted to see on info for the covers! Sounds exactly like what I want and have been picturing in my head. Can't wait to get my cover!
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/23/03 06:14 PM
UPS ground works for me. Can I paypal you the money for the shipping? I don't like COD, (a) costs more, (b) someone has to be there, and I'm NEVER at home, always at work during those delivery hours. . .
Posted By: hydro Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/23/03 06:54 PM
UPS, FedEx or Airborne Express ground is cool with me
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/23/03 06:56 PM
Anything is good for me also, as long as it is not over $25

-Jeff-
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/24/03 03:50 PM
I guess im going ot mail an extra $10 for shipping...anytihng more than that is ridiculous (no offense, just is).
Posted By: ElKy Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/24/03 04:08 PM
just curious...
why cant you send them USPS 2-day priority?
that is how i send my elky mesh, and it is about $5 for a 5' long package. for a couople bucks more you can insure it.
as long as its packaged well it will get there in one piece and in two days or less.

just throwing out an idea..
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/24/03 04:33 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:
just curious...
that is how i send my elky mesh, and it is about $5 for a 5' long package. for a couople bucks more you can insure it.
as long as its packaged well it will get there in one piece and in two days or less.

Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/24/03 05:19 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:
just curious...

Hey guys...im tlkaing with my friend "Norcalcoug" and told me that there covers are roughtly a little cheaper but same if not better quality, but the price will include shipping and insurance.

Pm if you guys are intrsted or if cost is a factor in the covers....I don;t know the exact price, but he told me it would be cheaper than 150$.

Just throwing out other options to the consumers.

Roz
Posted By: rikenbomb_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/24/03 09:01 PM
Chickenhawkracing@hotmail.com is your paypal addy?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/24/03 09:36 PM
Yep, that's me!
Posted By: rikenbomb_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/25/03 01:42 AM
Alrighty then!!

Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/26/03 09:01 PM
Even more updates:
The Great One - PAID: RED (+ $10 to cover s/h)
Swazo - Paid:
PLAIN
NorMich99SE - ???
Hydro - $150
Zooyork03 - $150
Qwk98svt - Paid:
PLAIN (+ $25 to cover s/h)
ssmumich00 - Paid:
PLAIN
MLK - Paid: BLUE
skunk - $150
neco01blkcat - $150
rikenbomb - $150
KarlosSVT - $150
chknhwk - $150

I need input on how everyone wants to work shipping! We're discussing having everything sent to you COD once the order is filled and all covers have been fabricated. However, it seems the majority of people are requesting UPS ground delivery? If this is so please let me know.

OK guys, heres the deal. I'm getting payments and some people are leaving out valuable information like what your screen name is on the CEG Sooooo, if you've sent payment let me know your real name and screen name! PMing me is ok.
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/26/03 11:28 PM
i really don't think COD is a good idea. You can only pay with a money order IIRC, as they don't let the drivers carry cash anymore...and the fees are almost $10. USPS or UPS ground should be just fine, the package should be rather small.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/26/03 11:52 PM
i really don't think COD is a good idea. You can only pay with a money order IIRC, as they don't let the drivers carry cash anymore...and the fees are almost $10. USPS or UPS ground should be just fine, the package should be rather small.

Posted By: rikenbomb_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/27/03 04:57 PM
Payment sent!!
Posted By: Peach Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/27/03 08:31 PM
I still can't find a pic of one anywhere. I looked on Project Firehawk or whatever, but cannot find the Extreme Cougar anyone is talking about. Can someone just post the pic? (of the one on the cougar?)

Thanks.

-Bishop
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/28/03 03:39 PM
I believe I have a picture of that Cougar on my computer at home - I'll try to get it on tonight.

Ok everybody! Friendly reminder that payments are due today. If you have an issue with payments PM or email me and let me know what's up. I'll work with anyone as much as I can...
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/28/03 03:50 PM
I believe this is the one?

I wish I could get in on this, but money is tight right now..
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/28/03 04:30 PM
I sent $10 to have my cover shipped UPS to me!!! paypal of course. . .
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/28/03 04:43 PM
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:

Thanks Pete, you're my hero.
Posted By: NorCalCoug_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/28/03 07:21 PM

That picture actually belongs to me; it's of my car and the carbon fiber engine cover that DEVIOUSDEV and I have been working on for the past 8 months. In no way should anyone assume that this reflects the work done by chknhwk's manufacturer, as it isn't even made by them.

Just a warning to those who are going to assume that this is the picture of the piece they are getting. It isn't. I have this one sitting in my room.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/28/03 10:13 PM
Even more updates:
The Great One - PAID: PLAIN (+ $10 to cover s/h)
Swazo -
Paid: PLAIN
NorMich99SE - ???
Hydro - $150
Zooyork03 - $150
Qwk98svt -
Paid: PLAIN (+ $25 to cover s/h)
ssmumich00 -
MLK -
Paid: BLUE
skunk - $150
neco01blkcat - $150
rikenbomb -
PAID: PLAIN
KarlosSVT -
PAID: BLUE
chknhwk - $150

Seems the majority of people are requesting UPS ground delivery? If this is so please let me know.

OK guys, heres the deal. I'm getting payments and some people are leaving out valuable information like what your screen name is on the CEG Sooooo, if you've sent payment let me know your real name and screen name! PMing me is ok.

Pete, I was in a hurry when I replied to you earlier. That is not the Cougar cover but another cover being offered by another vendor (whom I wish would start their own thread - he's only confusing me here ). If you have questions on his cover please PM him rather than tying up useful space here for collecting payments. Thank you!

By the way, after surfing for an hour and scouring my hard drive this was the ONLY picture I could find of the Eliminator cover:

PS> Please ignore the arrow as that has nothing to do with this Group Buy.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/28/03 10:14 PM
Only a couple of payments left to go!!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/28/03 11:45 PM
Today is the day.....isn't it?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/29/03 12:18 AM
Today is the day.....isn't it?

Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/29/03 02:24 AM
hehe..I took that picture! SZ02! The arrow is to point out the eaton SC on the car.

Originally posted by chknhwk:
Even more updates:
Swazo -
NorMich99SE - ???
Hydro - $150
Zooyork03 - $150
Qwk98svt -
ssmumich00 -
MLK -
Paid: BLUE
skunk - $150
neco01blkcat - $150
rikenbomb -
KarlosSVT -
chknhwk - $150

Seems the majority of people are requesting UPS ground delivery? If this is so please let me know.

Pete, I was in a hurry when I replied to you earlier. That is not the Cougar cover but another cover being offered by another vendor (whom I wish would start their own thread - he's only confusing me here ). If you have questions on his cover please PM him rather than tying up useful space here for collecting payments. Thank you!

By the way, after surfing for an hour and scouring my hard drive this was the ONLY picture I could find of the Eliminator cover:

PS> Please ignore the arrow as that has nothing to do with this Group Buy.

Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 07/30/03 02:09 AM
Ok guys, I have to update the list. This is who has not paid yet; I only need a reason and when you will be able to pay by. Some guys have paid and are ready to have their cover shipped - I need to know how long (if at all) I'll have to wait to get EVERYONES in:

NorMich99SE - ??? 08 August???
Hydro - $150
Zooyork03 - $150
skunk - $150
neco01blkcat - $150

Just please let me know what is going on so I'm not holding anyone else up.

skunk, I know you have been discussing shipping with me so I think you're on board and very shortly...
Posted By: MLK Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/01/03 03:02 PM
update?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/02/03 06:02 AM
Ok guys, I have to update the list. This is who has not paid yet; I only need a reason and when you will be able to pay by. Some guys have paid and are ready to have their cover shipped - I need to know how long (if at all) I'll have to wait to get EVERYONES in:

NorMich99SE - ??? 08 August???
Hydro - $150
Zooyork03 - $150
skunk - $150
neco01blkcat - $150

I know NorMich said he wouldn't be able to pay until the eighth and the way it's going now we might be able to get one more payment in. So let me know NorMich.

I've emailed one person asking what his status is to find out whether he's backed out at all.

Hydro said he sent a payment via snail mail so I'm waiting on that.

I transferred the last of my funds from my savings to paypal (excepting Hydro's as I have not received that yet) so after 3-4 business days for paypal that will be ready to go.

That just leaves us with two people whom I have PM'ed and hope to hear from soon.

Any more questions? I'll get this order in as soon as I can! I promise!!
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/02/03 09:49 PM
sent you payment via paypal. sorry i'm late.

Chris
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/03/03 05:03 PM
Even more updates:
Swazo -
NorMich99SE - ???
Hydro - $150 (Checks in da mail)
Zooyork03 - $150
Qwk98svt -
ssmumich00 -
MLK -
skunk -
PAID: PLAIN (+ $5 for s/h)
neco01blkcat - $150
rikenbomb -
KarlosSVT -
chknhwk -

Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/04/03 03:14 AM
UPS is good for me, USPS is fine as well, whatever is cheaper, I just want a tracking number. . .
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/06/03 09:14 PM
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/07/03 05:18 AM
So............when are these being shipped out? Can I expect to see one waiting for me when I get back state side?

Sorry, I just can't wait to see it
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/08/03 03:05 PM
where we at?? Did everyone pay? Are we good to go? Will these look as good as the Norcal and DeviousDev IMRC covers??? Any pics?? Sorry for all the questions, just wanted to know since another GB is going on for this, and if this GB was going to flop, I could make necessary arrangements. . .
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/08/03 05:51 PM
I'm waiting on one snail mail payment then everything will get paypalled to our vendor.
I have no idea whether they will look nicer or not; I haven't seen pics of the ones we're getting compared to the other group buy.
If this flops (which I SERIOUSLY doubt it will) I will make arrangements with everybody to see what we can do (possibly paypalling all the money to the coordinator for the other group buy) about squaring the books with everyone. No one will get screwed - too many CEGers know where I live.
Seriously, I'd feel horrible if I screwed anyone - that's just not in my makeup as a person.
Posted By: contourtionist Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/08/03 08:45 PM
If it flops, I have just completed a mold and am willing to deal with whatever price you have already set for the IMRC covers. I thought my frend was dealing with you guys on this. If he is, He hasn't said one word to me about any orders being placed yet.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/09/03 05:18 AM
Where is your friend from? PM me if you don't want this to be public, it's ok.
Posted By: rikenbomb_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/11/03 11:51 PM
So how much longer are we going to have to wait?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/13/03 08:00 AM
Even more updates:
Swazo -
NorMich99SE -
Hydro - $150 (Checks in da mail)
Zooyork03 - $150
Qwk98svt -
ssmumich00 -
MLK -
skunk -
neco01blkcat - $150
rikenbomb -
KarlosSVT -
chknhwk -

We will be using UPS for shipment of all parts.
I am waiting on one payment still. I have sent a PM to figure out what is going on - I want to get your money out se we can get these parts!
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/13/03 03:40 PM
hey-
I paid $10 through paypal for shipping, did you get it? It was sent on Jul28, ID #4CU09534G8671120P for details on the payment.

Suneil
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/14/03 08:46 PM
Yes, received and thank you.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/14/03 08:50 PM
OK guys, bad news. The following people are excluded from the Group Buy because I have received neither payment nor update:
Hydro
Zooyork03
neco01blkcat

We will be using UPS for shipment of all parts.
I am processing all paypal payments, tallying up shipping and writing all the shipping addresses down to give to the manufacturer to preclude as many problems as possible.
I SINCERELY apologize for the delay. I knew some people would be backing out but when someone says 'checks in da mail' I believe them...
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/16/03 05:34 AM
I always had faith, good work on the group buy
Posted By: KarlosSVT Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/19/03 03:30 AM
How are things going? Any idea when the covers will be shipped? Just anxious!!!
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/20/03 01:11 PM
Very, very soon.

All money was paypalled this morning and I was originally told two weeks from the time the money was received. Hopefully he will hold to that and we'll be good to go.

I want to thank everyone for their patience and I had hoped you wouldn't have to be THIS patient... I hope everyone likes the product they are getting - I know I'll like mine.

BTW, I have a picture of the prototype...
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/20/03 01:29 PM
Ok...I'll ask politly first.....mister chknhwk, would you please be so kind as to post that prototype picture for those of us so eager to see it? Thank You.

Now understand if you don't we'll have to sic a bunch of no-neck ruffian types on you, lol.
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/20/03 02:57 PM
yeah..really - why don't you just tease us?!

Originally posted by NorMich99SE:
Ok...I'll ask politly first.....mister chknhwk, would you please be so kind as to post that prototype picture for those of us so eager to see it? Thank You.

Now understand if you don't we'll have to sic a bunch of no-neck ruffian types on you, lol.

Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/20/03 09:10 PM
yeah..really - why don't you just tease us?!

Honestly I haven't been given the go ahead to post the pics yet as this is just a prototype. What if the pics I show now don't impress anyone and half try to back out? Then the finished product comes and it's 1,000% better and then you'd smack yourself in the head for backing out!
Seriously, it looks f'n sweet and I think the finished product is going to be nicer.
I'm so freaking excited!!
Posted By: KarlosSVT Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/21/03 02:41 AM
HOO_RAY_____HOO_RAY---cknhawk!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/21/03 04:26 AM
I can hardly wait! I am so glad it is only going to be a couple weeks, Great GB!

-Jeff-
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/21/03 12:53 PM

Who loves ya, baby?
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/21/03 01:02 PM
Hello, housekeeping? Yes, I need some extra towels please. Thank You.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/21/03 03:13 PM
well worth the wait!!! Thanks for getting this rollin'!!!!

Suneil
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/21/03 03:52 PM
Sorry, I don;t think thats your pick...The looks like a photo chop....top right corner still has some back ground in it.

My frinds prototype has been done for a while now.

Im calling BS on this pick because of what i ahve seen and known....Sorry boss, but what if the final product doens;t come out like that?? they you would ahve screwd these people out of money...Please post some of your own pics...I think they deserve it considering how much they are spending.

Roz
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/21/03 09:43 PM
Ha ha ha. You're pretty funny dude.

Keep trying - maybe you'll get me. That is most DEFINITELY NOT a photochop.

Jackass.

Now go away.
Posted By: DimitriPopov Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/21/03 09:50 PM
It takes how many minutes to get that on the car? Not many , take a picture of it on a car , thats better representing the product.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/21/03 10:02 PM
Regardless of at anyone thinks, I love it and I am so glad I am a part of this GB! I can't wait to get mine!

-Jeff-
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/21/03 10:20 PM
Ha ha ha. You're pretty funny dude.

Keep trying - maybe you'll get me. That is most DEFINITELY NOT a photochop.

Jackass.

Now go away.

im not being an ass, and im not trying to hi-jack a thread....I have pics of this on my frineds car if you guys want to see what HIS looks like:

http://www.fastcougar.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=15&threadid=78852

This is what it should look like on the car...Look, dude, I really am not trying to do anyhting to your group buy, but its just a little suspicious on why your so reluctant to show pics.....Even in previous posts you you used pics of my frineds car.....Thats all im saying....so, you can call me names and what not, and call me a jack ass, Im making what i feel is a valid argument and just pointing something out....

I really hope you GB goes well, and im sory some people pulled out....But obviously your temper is getting the best of you for some, odd, reason.

I made no personal atttacks on you, why do you make them to me....And to the above link, im just giving what the people want to see.

But i remind anyone, this is form a diffrent manufacture and i am not saying chknhwk end product will look like this.

But like i said im sorry, and im sorry if you have to attack me personally...And If you wish we can continue this by PM....I apologize to everyone here, i did not mean to bring this to the boards.

Roz
Posted By: DimitriPopov Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/21/03 11:10 PM
They do look great.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/21/03 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:

Look, dude, I really am not trying to do anyhting to your group buy, but its just a little suspicious on why your so reluctant to show pics.....Even in previous posts you you used pics of my frineds car.....Roz

Then why isn't there another group buy thread for your product? I have no problem with you doing the same stuff - you told me several times you've been doing this but I got tired of waiting. If you're going to offer a product start another thread giving people the option to choose for themselves - it doesn't take a genius to figure out that if two people are selling the same thing in the same thread it's going to get confusing.

When did I use pics of your friends car? You're confusing me.

Personal attacks? You started by calling me out and saying that picture was a photochop. That is a personal attack on me as you're throwing doubt onto my character.

Are we done? Advertise your product somewhere else. Thank you.
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/22/03 02:02 AM
Roz- i assume you're refering to the cf cover NorCal Coug did over on NECO....I read in his CF hood GB that he DIDN'T put a thread on the CEG because he didn't want to take away from this buy. I would think if you're such good friends with him you'd want to honor his desire to not start some stupid battle between group buys. If he wants to make any accusations, let him do it himself viw a pm to chknhwk.

As for chknhwk using pictures of NorCal's cover earlier in the buy....he didn't post those pictures someone else did, and chknhwk (or perhaps NorCal) pointed out that those pics were not of the product being produced for this buy. the cover from the Cougar Eliminator was posted as a possible idea of how this may turn out. Again, let NorCal look at the pic that was just posted and decide for himself if he thinks the pic was ripped off and deal with it himself if he feels thats the case. The bottom line is how differnt can 2 products made of the same freakin material and of the same exact part look, really? If you wanna try and bust someones chops by saying they stole a picture and tried to pass it off as theirs, do it off the forums, in PM or something, NOT in here. Please.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/22/03 02:11 AM
I know chknhwk having met him personally and can say he's a stand up guy who would not rip anyone off.

I know Roz from PMs and he seems like a good guy.

You guys should take this to PMs and avoid any public flame war.
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/22/03 03:08 AM
I know chknhwk having met him personally and can say he's a stand up guy who would not rip anyone off.

I know Roz from PMs and he seems like a good guy.

You guys should take this to PMs and avoid any public flame war.

Agreed.....as for Norcal Coug...i did not know what he said...i didn;t see his post...had i know that i would have honored his wishes and not have posted here....i talked to him and found out whats up...sorry guys, i wasn't informed, nor did i have a reason to ask, and no one keept in touch with me.

Roz
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/22/03 08:27 AM
Hey man, no problem. No hard feelings on my end. i know my reply sounded kinda harsh and everything, i appologize. but you have to admit, to the casual reader, some of the things you said sounded kinda harsh too. Now, let's all just get back to being our normal cooperative selves lol.

Ahem......has it been 2 weeks yet?
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/22/03 02:48 PM
Hey man, no problem. No hard feelings on my end. i know my reply sounded kinda harsh and everything, i appologize. but you have to admit, to the casual reader, some of the things you said sounded kinda harsh too. Now, let's all just get back to being our normal cooperative selves lol.

Ahem......has it been 2 weeks yet?

Cool! im just letting everyone here know as well, that Nor Cal Coug did not know that I posted here so please, don;t take anyhting out on him. The last thing i want to do is make things difficult between 2 people that i had really nothing to do with.

So thanks guys, and again i apologize.

Roz
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/23/03 06:05 AM
Looking very good! I know I trust you to produce a quality cover. If I didn't think so, I wouldn't have gotten myself into this GB. I mean I did just barely finish totally smoothing out my plastic cover and painted it when you posted this GB! I had to have one even though I did an amazing job on my plastic one.....
The idea of having......well, this.....
...was all I needed to picture to talk myself into doing so

Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/23/03 12:50 PM
Thanks for the support, Daymon. I don't put sh_t on my car either.
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/26/03 06:47 PM
I don't want to be a pain in the a$$ but whats the status ? any time frame ? Thanks for this group buy.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/27/03 09:16 PM
Any updates? I can't wait!!!

-Jeff-
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/27/03 10:50 PM
I'm working on an update now...
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/28/03 11:13 AM
Looks like two weeks from Tuesday... Like the 10th they should all be done and they'll be mailed right out!
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/29/03 08:20 PM
Looks like two weeks from Tuesday... Like the 10th they should all be done and they'll be mailed right out!

When do you need the rest of my money? I assume mine will be a black one, not a carbon/kevlar weave, correct?
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/29/03 08:33 PM
Hey if you get a chance (as in some kind of sample) of the colored versions could you maybe post some pics? somehting to droll over till the real thing gets here? It would be appreciated greatly Thanks
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 08/30/03 10:54 AM
Hey if you get a chance (as in some kind of sample) of the colored versions could you maybe post some pics? somehting to droll over till the real thing gets here? It would be appreciated greatly Thanks

I'll do my best.
Posted By: rikenbomb_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/04/03 02:43 AM
Let us know when you need the money for shipping. I am eagerly awaiting this product.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/04/03 03:24 PM
Let us know when you need the money for shipping. I am eagerly awaiting this product.

Will do!
Posted By: KarlosSVT Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/05/03 03:16 AM
me too!!!!!!!!!!!1
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/05/03 05:49 PM

Will do!

I just sent you final payment through paypal.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/05/03 07:59 PM
Got it. I'm trying to squeeze it in.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/08/03 10:54 PM

Just wanted to know what is up with the shipping, I can't wait!

-Jeff-
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/09/03 01:02 AM
Even more updates:
Swazo -
Paid: PLAIN (+ S/H)
NorMich99SE -
Qwk98svt -
ssmumich00 -
Paid: PLAIN(+ $10 to cover s/h)[
MLK -
skunk -
rikenbomb -
KarlosSVT -
chknhwk -

I was informed the shipping would be about $5 per person. This is the latest list I have as I seem to be having a problem logging into paypal at this time. I realize that isn't your problem but I'm working on updating this list as soon as I can.

Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/10/03 07:05 PM
Even more updates:
Swazo -
Paid: PLAIN (+ S/H)
NorMich99SE -
Qwk98svt -
ssmumich00 -
Paid: PLAIN(+ $10 to cover s/h)[
MLK -
skunk -
rikenbomb -
KarlosSVT -
chknhwk -

I was informed the shipping would be about $5 per person. This is the latest list I have as I seem to be having a problem logging into paypal at this time. I realize that isn't your problem but I'm working on updating this list as soon as I can.

Can you add me to the list, it'll feel more official to me that way. And, do you have any updates as to when these will be shipped?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/10/03 07:29 PM
<rubs hands together>
Soon, soon.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/15/03 10:11 PM
Come on guys, I've informed everyone of their shipping charges and very few people have gotten back to me with that.

Shawn Clone, MLK, Anthony, Rikenbomb, if you guys want THESE, you better get back to me.

Shipping should be only about $5 per person through UPS. Also, I will get the balance to those who sent extra (minus paypal fees paypal). Mm'kay?
Posted By: rikenbomb_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/16/03 12:47 AM
money on the way. Sorry I didn't see this. Woohoo!!! Show stopper engine bay now
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/16/03 12:48 AM
You da man.
Posted By: rikenbomb_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/16/03 12:53 AM
Sent!!!!

"You have pay pal"
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/16/03 12:55 AM
"I have paypal"

LMAO I'm glad this is finally coming together!!

Thanks to everybody for doing this with me. Hopefully soon we can do another group buy for more of these and other things!
Posted By: rikenbomb_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/16/03 01:03 AM
Is the piece going to be able to withstand engine heat?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/16/03 01:04 AM
Uh, yes.
Posted By: nichepi Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/16/03 01:15 AM
Ya got these done, looking to do another batch here shortly if anyone is interested further.
Posted By: rikenbomb_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/16/03 01:23 AM
Now that's what I am talking about baby!!!

Everyone will be like And I will be like ain't got one!!!
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/16/03 02:27 AM
so when sre these shipping??
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/16/03 02:31 PM
so when sre these shipping??

Before the end of the week.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/16/03 02:59 PM
Thanks Shawn, you're covered!
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/16/03 04:09 PM
{{old school tranq dart in neck scene}} YES!!
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/16/03 11:38 PM
I can't wait!!!! I can't belive it is so close to being at my house! Great GB!

-Jeff-
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/16/03 11:39 PM
Thank you. I hope to offer more products in the future so if anyone can think of anything just email/pm me.
Posted By: nichepi Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/17/03 12:16 AM
ASAP, trying top find enough boxes for everyone.
Posted By: MLK Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/17/03 07:58 PM
Come on guys, I've informed everyone of their shipping charges and very few people have gotten back to me with that.

Shawn Clone, MLK, Anthony, Rikenbomb, if you guys want THESE, you better get back to me.

Shipping should be only about $5 per person through UPS. Also, I will get the balance to those who sent extra (minus paypal fees paypal). Mm'kay?

John - sorry pal but I might be the only guy here that does not check the site everyday - you have been paypal'd
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/17/03 08:01 PM
Thanks, brother!
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/19/03 05:06 PM
Any news on if these have been shipped yet? "I'm gettin kinda antsy."
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/20/03 03:57 PM
w3rd
Posted By: rikenbomb_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/23/03 01:08 AM
I got a show this weekend, will i have it before then?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/23/03 01:29 AM
I don't know, I'm waiting on an email regarding time to ship. I will let you know as soon as I know. I promise.
I wanted mine by this weekend, too...
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/26/03 02:36 PM
hrllooooo???? ::peering into monitor::
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 09/26/03 03:48 PM
Ouch, sorry guys.
All covers should be in the mail today or Saturday - you will be getting them next week.

I hope in the future to be able to iron these little details out better. This IS my first attempt at something like this and I'm stressing big time! I want everyone to be happy, though and honestly, I think you will!
Ok guys, (and gals if need be) straight from the suppliers mouth:

Originally posted by supplier:

They all were dropped off this morning at the UPS store so I'm assuming
depending on location lastest for everyone should be wensday.

You heard the man! They're in the mail!!!! I'm pretty f'n excited - you?
who loves ya baby???

oh yea!!
Muahahahahaha! Awsome job!
Sweet! I can't wait!!

-Jeff-
YOU DA MAN

now we gotta work on getting some side mirror covers for us avid cougar lovers. I forgot how the side mirrors are for the contour.
No way!! Carbon Fiber heat shield!!!!!
now we gotta work on getting some side mirror covers for us avid cougar lovers. I forgot how the side mirrors are for the contour.

I would like to do mirrors for both cars in the future. I will need to find a good set to donate, however.

Originally posted by Bridge:

The thing with this is I would either have to build my own and send that in for a prototype or copy someone elses and completely blow off all copyright laws. If I build my own it might not fit others as I have the BAT inlet pipe and the looooooong Pro-M 75mm MAF sensor. I'm still thinking of an easy way to do this. If anyone has any ideas - PLEASE send them my way!
use the DTEC heat shiled and alter the amount that is covered. . .you can copyright something, but you can't prevent others from making the same product with a different variation. Anyways, you're using CF, not metal, so it isn't the same thing by any means. . .but I'm no lawyer, so. . . .
I get to be the first to say it....I Got Mine Today!!! Looks pretty nice to me. Thanks for all the work John.
I can send you a set of side mirror covers, brand new never painted. I have one already all I need it the pass side. I'll give me an excuse to order an antenna which i need.

Let me know if you are interested.

Heat shield, are you talking about the gooseneck air inlet pipe? Like the BAT pipe i have for SVT contours, n such?
Pretty nice?!?!?!? That's all?
Shoot some pics my way if you would - I'd like to post them in the Pics and Videos.
John...you have mail It's probably better than pretty nice....this is just my first cf part so I don't know what crappy cf work looks like. Definitely seems to be a quality piece. I was headed out the door for work before so I didn't have much time to post. Very cool though, I like it even more than I expected I would, but then again I'm just starting to like carbon fiber!
Well I'm glad you like it!
Anybody else get theirs?
I just got mine in as I was walking to my door!

Other than that it looks great!!!

I just spoke to Niche PI and it should work out nicely.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - I GOT MINE!! - 10/01/03 03:34 AM

I got mine today! the wait is over and I have it on my car as we speek! The only thing is I need to clean my engine compartment before I can show this off because it looks so good it makes everything else look bad! Thanks great GB I might add!

-Jeff-
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - I GOT MINE!! - 10/01/03 05:26 AM
where did these ship from? i haven't gotten mine yet.
Thanks Jeff!

They're coming from MI. I haven't received mine yet, either. We'll probably get them today.
Thanks Jeff!

They're coming from MI. I haven't received mine yet, either. We'll probably get them today.

Not yet for me-----
don't do mirrors...just the black plastic pieces around them

I would like to do mirrors for both cars in the future. I will need to find a good set to donate, however.

Originally posted by Bridge:

The thing with this is I would either have to build my own and send that in for a prototype or copy someone elses and completely blow off all copyright laws. If I build my own it might not fit others as I have the BAT inlet pipe and the looooooong Pro-M 75mm MAF sensor. I'm still thinking of an easy way to do this. If anyone has any ideas - PLEASE send them my way!

I'll do both and people can pick and choose.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - I GOT MINE!! - 10/02/03 02:40 AM

I just wanted to say in conjunction with my last post I did power wash my engine compartment today and cleaned up the UIM very throughly and I can honestly say this cover is one of my favorite mods thus far (besides my headlights) I love it! It looks great when everything else is all cleaned up.

-Jeff-
I'm very happy you like it! So far no negative comments except one small fitment issue. But nothing that prevented it from being usable.
Anybody else?
Feel free to post pics in Pics and Videos under my post.
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - I GOT MINE!! - 10/02/03 02:45 PM
i got mine...very nice piece. I kinda wish i had gotten the red now though. Oh well...always next time.
Yeah, let me know if you want color. I'll try to work with you a bit.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - I GOT MINE!! - 10/02/03 04:27 PM
I'm new to CEG but I know I'll be using it for alot of mods. I guess I'm asking about the IMRC covers abit late but if they are still available or taking orders, I would really like to get a red one. Please let me know whats up. Thank you. Tom
Posted By: TGO Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - I GOT MINE!! - 10/02/03 06:59 PM
by the by...would that fittment issue be the lack of a cutout for that intake hose?? thank god for my dremel

I'm very happy you like it! So far no negative comments except one small fitment issue. But nothing that prevented it from being usable.
Anybody else?
Feel free to post pics in Pics and Videos under my post.

You got me. I will bring that up on the next batch.
Well, before the next batch goes through.
Hands wringing furiously----still no cover...hornet waits-------------
Posted By: Swazo Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - I GOT MINE!! - 10/03/03 01:36 AM
I got my cover today and it is very, very.........VERY nice! Great final product quality! I am extremely happy with this.........
I'm glad you like that.

Ok guys, I need a list of who HAS NOT RECEIVED THEIR COVERS. Please post here - I want to keep very good track of everyone's status!
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 it's here, and i have pics!!! - 10/03/03 04:50 PM
Chknhwk-
THanks for the awesome GB, the finish is nice and glossy, and the I'm hoping the fit will be as great (gives me an excuse to change the water pump this weekend). . .

here are some pics for y'all. . .

Suneil
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: it's here, and i have pics!!! - 10/03/03 04:55 PM
Wow! That DOES look good. I can't wait to get mine, now!
Posted By: path914 Re: it's here, and i have pics!!! - 10/03/03 07:21 PM
Did anyone order one with colors? Just curious to see what they look like.
Posted By: KarlosSVT Re: it's here, and i have pics!!! - 10/03/03 08:13 PM
Wow!! they sure look great!! Just got it and I'm going to put it on the hornet right now!! Thanks chknhwk for the great GB--
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 10/04/03 05:48 PM
Need help on updates:
The Great One - COVER RECEIVED
Swazo - COVER RECEIVED
NorMich99SE - COVER RECEIVED
Qwk98svt - COVER RECEIVED
ssmumich00 - COVER RECEIVED
MLK - ?????
skunk - ?????
rikenbomb - COVER RECEIVED
KarlosSVT - COVER RECEIVED
chknhwk - COVER RECEIVED

I want to verify that everyone's order has been received and is happy with product quality. If anyone has any issues please let me know!

Posted By: anthonyconstant Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 10/04/03 07:29 PM
Sorry i dont wanna look through 20 pages....too busy, and i am lazy.....what excatly is in carbon fiber? any pics, cause i wanna buy

i am new to the contour motor...but ive gotten the escort world a new bodykit, hood and right now i am working on z3 fenders, so i know in order to get an aftermarket....there has to be a market
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 10/04/03 11:40 PM
Look back a page, or look in pics and vids for a threa titled carbon fober inside-V6 only. it's the IMRC cover.
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 10/05/03 12:25 AM
No cover yet. I'm going to a show tomorrow I was hoping to show it off. Oh well.
Posted By: anthonyconstant Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 10/05/03 01:19 AM
oh so this covers up the cam gears? thats not cool, if you wanna show them off..............what would be awesome is a Carbon fiber valve cover for the zetec, is that possible?
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 10/05/03 04:35 AM
On the Duratec, the cam gears are covered by the walve cover, so no this doesn't cover the cam gears. What it covers is the Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) box, that sits on the front bank valve cover. Believe me, unless you get your valve cover powdercoated, this makes things look, much, much nicer on the V6.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 10/05/03 03:13 PM
Anthony -I will be working on more projects in the future. If you're interested or can think of anything just email me (in my profile) or PM me.

Skunk - it shouldn't be too much longer - I just got mine.

I really wished I could have gotten everyone's out sooner - I tried! Sorry, guys. In the future I'm hoping to step up production, speed and communications.
Posted By: anthonyconstant Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 10/05/03 06:06 PM
Anthony -I will be working on more projects in the future. If you're interested or can think of anything just email me (in my profile) or PM me.

anything for the zetec? cause if you made a carbon fiber valve cover,or some shield over the nasty water,power steering containment jugs....i would definatly buy
Posted By: rikenbomb_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 10/05/03 09:40 PM
If you ordered a blue cover, yours will be a bit longer. He had to trash a batch.

chickenhawk, could we offer additional carbon fiber products?

Like the side mirror covers.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 10/05/03 09:42 PM
Yes, I'm working on that. Well, I will be here shortly.
Posted By: anthonyconstant Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 10/06/03 02:06 AM

on the valve cover?? let me know so i dont powder coat mine next week, ill save the cash for your product!!!
Posted By: anthonyconstant Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 10/06/03 06:23 PM
Originally posted by anthonyconstant:

on the valve cover?? let me know so i dont powder coat mine next week, ill save the cash for your product!!!

Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 10/06/03 07:32 PM
GOT MINE,GOT MINE YAHOO!!!! Looks awsome and fits perfect. Thanks for this group buy.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber IMRC covers - 10/06/03 10:21 PM
I'm glad you like it.

Anthony, you will know when I start offering zetec parts.
© CEG Archives