Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Faze Away_dup1 Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 06/09/03 04:12 PM
Would anyone be interested in replacement gauge faces and HVAC panel (not overlays) for SVT models. They will look stock, but have a different backlighting color. The colors available for backlighting are red, blue, green, yellow, orange and purple. I may be able to get the actual faces themselves in silver or yellow as well, depending on interest.

The price would be $125 for the gauge face replacements and $35 for the hvac replacement. At least 10 people are required before the company will even produce them, and a stock set will need to be sent in (which I'm trying to locate at a junk yard) for them to work off of.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 06/09/03 05:10 PM
i might be interested, just a little hesitant about pulling the needles off....did it once before on another car....didnt work out too well....i will keep my eye on this........
Posted By: FlechaAutoSports Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 06/09/03 05:24 PM
very interested, svt guages and hvac both with blue lighting.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 06/09/03 05:29 PM
Could you get this done for a non-svt contour? I would buy a red one for a non-svt if you could get them made. Also will these be white face gauges? Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions.
Posted By: Faze Away_dup1 Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 06/09/03 06:13 PM
Originally posted by DemonicTour:
Could you get this done for a non-svt contour? I would buy a red one for a non-svt if you could get them made. Also will these be white face gauges? Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions.

I should be able to get any vehicle done that you want, just have to have 10 of each interested. (ie. 10 svt, 10 zetec) The standard duratec gauges are already available, I can get pricing on them as well if there's interest, there shouldn't be a minimum order for them. And yes, the faces will be white.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 06/09/03 06:17 PM
say we do get 10 people interested....since they already do the normal v6 duratecs, and they are gonna do another contour, what about this....everyone seems to overlook the headlamp switch....it is the only other place on the dash that needs a white face (not that cheap piece of crap from importintell.....) anyways....what about getting this done too? it would complete everything......
Posted By: Faze Away_dup1 Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 06/09/03 06:28 PM
Originally posted by csc99svt:
say we do get 10 people interested....since they already do the normal v6 duratecs, and they are gonna do another contour, what about this....everyone seems to overlook the headlamp switch....it is the only other place on the dash that needs a white face (not that cheap piece of crap from importintell.....) anyways....what about getting this done too? it would complete everything......

I'll see if they can do it and let you know
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 06/09/03 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Faze Away:

I should be able to get any vehicle done that you want, just have to have 10 of each interested. (ie. 10 svt, 10 zetec) The standard duratec gauges are already available, I can get pricing on them as well if there's interest, there shouldn't be a minimum order for them. And yes, the faces will be white.

Yeah if you could get the pricing on the standard duratec gauges in red with white face that would be great. I don't think there is much diffrence other than they say V6 on the tach. I can deal with that though.
Posted By: Faze Away_dup1 Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 06/09/03 08:25 PM

Yeah if you could get the pricing on the standard duratec gauges in red with white face that would be great. I don't think there is much diffrence other than they say V6 on the tach. I can deal with that though.

Actually, with the staandard V6 duratec already being available, I may be able to get a Zetec version made without sending any gauges in since they already have the layout. They could possibly put the zetec logo in place of the V6 if enough people are interested. Else if you want to settle for it saying V6, you can. Up to you really.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 06/09/03 08:36 PM

Actually, with the staandard V6 duratec already being available, I may be able to get a Zetec version made without sending any gauges in since they already have the layout. They could possibly put the zetec logo in place of the V6 if enough people are interested. Else if you want to settle for it saying V6, you can. Up to you really.

That would be cool to have it say zetec where it says V6. I would buy those in a second, just let me know if it can be done and I'll see if I can get more people in on the zetec ones. Oh and would the price be about the same? $125 for the gauges?
Posted By: Faze Away_dup1 Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 06/09/03 11:59 PM

That would be cool to have it say zetec where it says V6. I would buy those in a second, just let me know if it can be done and I'll see if I can get more people in on the zetec ones. Oh and would the price be about the same? $125 for the gauges?

The price to change V6 to Zetec might be a little less, since they already have the main layout. I can find out for sure, I'll contact them as soon as I can.
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 06/10/03 12:23 AM
can we get just the hvac gauges?
Posted By: Faze Away_dup1 Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 06/10/03 12:31 AM
Originally posted by slick 95 gl:
can we get just the hvac gauges?

Yep, whatever we can get 10+ people committed too I can get made. Any less than that and it's not worth their time/effort.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 06/10/03 02:33 AM
well if we can enough people interested, and we can get the headlamp switchplate made, you got sold, cause my quest to get a matching indiglo piece keeps coming up short, and i am starting to miss the brilliant red glow of the svt needles......

btw, i am interested in blue if that matters.......
Posted By: SoundQ SVT_dup1 Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 06/10/03 04:34 AM
I would be interested in the following:

HVAC panel, SVT Guages, and Headlamp switch with Silver face and blue backlighting and red needles.

The silver faces would then match the aluminum face on my stereo and get me points in competition for cosmetic integration.

Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 07/10/03 04:50 AM
Whatever happened to this?
Posted By: thejms Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 07/10/03 05:16 AM
if this is still going I would be interested in some HVAC w/ blue backlighting
Posted By: Pienstars Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 07/10/03 06:02 AM
Originally posted by thejms:
if this is still going I would be interested in some HVAC w/ blue backlighting

Me too.
Posted By: tttc Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 07/10/03 06:58 AM
I would like some
SVT gauges and HVAC panel with blue backlighting!
Posted By: Faze Away_dup1 Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 07/10/03 06:02 PM
Sorry, work has been nuts so I haven't had time to do much else.

I should have some updated information soon.
Posted By: NJE96SE Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 07/10/03 06:45 PM
Can you post a pic of the guages or a link to the company's website so we can see some of the colors?
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Replacement SVT Gauges & HVAC - 07/11/03 11:15 PM
You said thy already make them for the duratech non svt right? How much are those , are they available now and are there any pics? I am very interested i white faced guages red needles and blue back lighting. thanks
© CEG Archives