Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I didn't know where to put this up since our website is not up yet but here it goes:

After the group buy is over and all pieces are shipped we will be offering the c27+ kit, the c27w (widebody) and the v1 hood for the 98+ Contour. Production of these pieces are set for late July/August. We estimate 35 days to produce the group buy kits. I have included some other prices for various other products.

*prices do not include shipping

"+" = post98 "-" = pre98

c27 body kit - includes front bumper cover, side skirts and your choice between two rears (these are actual bumpers, not just covers). Codes will be "a" and "b" to distinguish between the two (i.e. c27a or c27b)

c27w widebody - is a widebody kit to compliment the c27 kit. This includes 8 pieces, fender replacements (2), front bumper add on piece (2), rear door pieces (2), rear panel pieces (2) and rear bumper pieces (2).

v1 hood w/scoop - is a fuctional hoodscoop with routing to the intake area

custom wing - "27ms" - custom wing in development

custom wheels - we can make your very own custom deep dish or other wheels. Custom colors and logos are possible.

*CARBON FIBER IS AN OPTION FOR EVERYTHING (add CF)

PRICING:

KITS (these will be the prices for the pre98 after that GB is over as well)

c27 +/- - $950 (in CF add $400)
c27w +/- - $500 (in CF add $200)

OTHER:

v1 +/- - $450 (in CF add 200)
27ms - $450 (in CF add 300)

lambo doors and suicide door kits - in R&D

custom wheels - $1500 and up (17" and up)

pre98 to post98 front end conversion kit in R&D

INDIVIDUAL PIECES FROM C27 +/-:

Front - $400 (in CF add $200)
Sides - $350 (in CF add $150)
any Back - $450 (in CF add $200)

Kits will be made on a first come first serve basis. To shorten waiting time pay early after the GB is over we will be in production at these prices!

POST ALL MESSAGES HERE so we can have a central quasiFAQ happy modding!

RELATED LINKS

98 + Body Kit GB by Hydro

Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy by Hydro

..: Kaotic Innovations 98+ FB Hoods w/scoop ::..

..:: Kaotic Innovations 98+ Widebody ::..

..:: KI pre98 front end conversion ::..
Will a pre 98 kit be made, or just a post 98 conversion for the pre 98s?
Yes a pre98 kit is being made, but we are offering a conversion kit as well.
Originally posted by nyceboi:
Yes a pre98 kit is being made, but we are offering a conversion kit as well.

sweet, thanks! well, when that day comes around, im in!
Terry or myself will be taking deposits shorty for the pre98! Get in while the prices are low! The GB price for the pre98 is $650!! Some people have already made deposits.

Just follow the links I've provided in the first post - almost any information you could possible need is out here already.
Nyceboi,

I PM'd you. I will want this when it is available. I am not interested in the hood, but I am very interested in the body kits.

Good work,
Jim
Is the C27 kit needed to make the widebody kit work, or can you put the widebody kit on from the stock svt kit?
How much does the hood weigh? Is it lighter in carbon fiber? Does it require hood pins? Is the functional aspect easy to install and how does it directly link to the air intake?
Will it possable to buy the wide-body kit without the new ground-effects? ie. Leave my SVT effects alone. Would there be a price difference then because the front and rear pieces may not be needed anymore then?
Originally posted by Bronco_II:
Is the C27 kit needed to make the widebody kit work, or can you put the widebody kit on from the stock svt kit?

The widebody can work on the SVT kit with modification, it was designed for the c27 kit but 75% of the parts will work on the stock kit - the front bumper piece and the rear bumper piece will need to be modifed plus the leading parts to the sideskirts.
Originally posted by bamf2go:
How much does the hood weigh? Is it lighter in carbon fiber? Does it require hood pins? Is the functional aspect easy to install and how does it directly link to the air intake?

We will have the final weight soon and naturally CF is lighter than the FG. The hood is for off road use only, hood pins are required but it's up to you, stock latches are part of it. Functionality will be easy for all open air type filters - we will have more info on this in the comming week or two - right now priority is on getting out the GB c27+ kits
Originally posted by ProudSVT:
Will it possable to buy the wide-body kit without the new ground-effects? ie. Leave my SVT effects alone. Would there be a price difference then because the front and rear pieces may not be needed anymore then?

This kind of touches on the previous post - there will be modification required to make it work on the stock side skirts.

We only sell the body kit as a entire kit and then individual pieces where you can pick what you want. There is no price difference or discounts other than the GB prices. You would still need the front and rear pieces to finish the look - otherwise it would look ackward.

*CARBON FIBER IS AN OPTION FOR EVERYTHING (add CF)

Will everything in the widebody come molded in CF? ie. the fenders and all the pieces on the skirts and bumpers?
Or will the pieces be seperated in CF then to be mounted?

CF body parts would be dope IMHO!!

Thanks,
Bernie
ALL CARBON FIBER
Originally posted by nyceboi:
ALL CARBON FIBER

I know it will all be CF but....
will it come all molded? Fender flares molded in CF on the fenders, bumper pieces molded in CF on the bumpers.
Or would the bumper pieces be CF then BOLTED on by the installer? Or the fender flares in CF be BOLTED on?
I'm pretty sure all the pieces are separate and when you take it somewhere to get it installed you decide on whether you want it bolted on or molded.
didn't see spoiler pics....got an idea as to what they'll look like?

d

Originally posted by daniels_scsvt:
didn't see spoiler pics....got an idea as to what they'll look like?

d

it's in R&D.. pix in about a week or two depending on our schedule. Since we're pushing the body kits into production and shipping the spoiler project will be delayed some.
I've followed the links from past forum talk about the pre98 kit or convertion.. but seems alittle confusing and ai'm a bit dizzy now can somebody post what are we talking about here some pics and you guys make me go ! ! Be patient plz...
what do you mean? all the info is either in the post or in the links - photos will be supplied shortly and the c27- kit looks just like the c27+ kit. There is the option to convert the front end to fit the c27+ kit as well.

Photos are in the billions of pages in the previous links - I only want finished product pix here. I will soon build a gallery of for you all from start to finish.
ok run that by me again... i'm not quiet sure i get it! We can buy the extended fenders W/O having the Hella body kit??!?!!? Or... yea... i'm retarded so say that again...
hella kit = c27

Okay... the c27w+ kit can work with a regular SVT. 75% of the parts will work without modification. Understand that BODYWORK MODIFICATION will need to be done to make it flow with the front bumper and rear bumper of the SVT and also to bring in the sideskirts. Anybody shop can make it work.
k, one more question for ya then... MR. Nyce~ will they look the same as what i've seen with the hella kit! Punch me in the face if this was answered before . Or do you have an example or photoshop pic of what this might look like on a REG. SVT?~ Thanks
Originally posted by SVTnKC:
k, one more question for ya then... MR. Nyce~ will they look the same as what i've seen with the hella kit! Punch me in the face if this was answered before . Or do you have an example or photoshop pic of what this might look like on a REG. SVT?~ Thanks

Well 75% of it will look the same jeje. Can I still punch you in the face even if it hasn't been answered?

Currently we aren't offering a SVT specific widebody but this is something we will look into later this year. But if you got a good body guy I'm sure it would be a piece of cake to mold it on.

I'm interested in the CF hood. You said its for "offroad use only"??? dont quit understand that. And call me a stupid rook for not knowing this... but will the hood fit my 99 SE really easily or what???
Killa... if it fits any 98 and above Contour.... it will fit yours! That is the hoods anyway!!!
Thx... see I am a stupid retarded rook but I cant help it, I was born this way... woot woot gonna get a hood... woot ... hopefully ... woot !
hahahah~ Naw it's cool... we all learn as we go! So when are you taking orders for this NYCE?
Think i could get those pics of the work you have in progess? They won't work for me for some reason! here's my Email Puckin_around@msn! Thanks man!
im interested in the kit. i cant see the pics either. please send some pics to joethoen2000@aol.com. if the kit looks good i will buy it. thanks
Hey guys, I'm bombarded by personal messages currently - sorry if I can't answer your questions right away - when I get some free time I promise I'll answer your questions personally

I'm almost afraid to do this....okay I won't - but I will at a later date put up my phone number for you all to reach me as you need too.

The one major question everyone has is this: CAN YOU SEND ME PIX - Our server crashed hard so no pix yet. I will post them on my nyceboicreations server when I get a chance.

Like I said before things are hectic for me right now. I'm out of school but I havn't had a chance to relax!!! Flying out to Oregon this weekend, hittin up Southern Cali and maybe Las Vegas - I need to get away for a change!

A'ight my peoples... i'm off - I won't be back on the boards till Monday or Tuesday!

Okay.... lets try this

MY SCREEN NAME on AIM IS

nyceb0i < the 0 is a zero!

My computer is left on most of the time so I may not respond right away... if I am online, that means I am home but I might not be near my comp. I will answer your questions accordingly. Understand that I pressed for time and I might be blunt when answering questions. Most CEGers that have my screen name know i'm pretty laid back so don't be too professional with me.. i'm 23 in college I get the professional treatment at work... i need friends
Oh, and do not ask for hookups - cuz I don't know you (yet) and the GB is a hook-up
sounds good... have fun on the time off and let us know ''''what's up'''' when you know!~!
well.... anything?
anything...? Do you mean pix? I think their server crashed really hard (more than I thought) and Chris is out of town at the moment.
probably "anything?" as in , i want a body kit... is done yet... i know the answer already but man... i'm getting bored with this......
I have a Premier Paypal account (business fees) so I get charged regardless. For all those paying with Paypal use this formula to figure out how much to send.

Direct bank transfers
P = price of item
T = total to send

P * 1.03 + .3 = T

For CC orders use this

P * 1.05 = T

To avoid PP fees you can send me a check
Will the hood give any more intake clearence, I need about 2.5" for a new type intake. Pictures?

Thanks Eddie

We will have the final weight soon and naturally CF is lighter than the FG. The hood is for off road use only,

so what you are saying is that we can go off roading with thes? sweet!!!! mudd flats here i come!!
I'm not sure I quite understand why the hood would be for off road use ONLY. That's kinda strange. So am I going to have to switch back and forth between hoods? I already put in my deposit for it, I was unaware of it being for off road only though. Oh well...
Its the manufactures way of saying, you get into an accident and that sucker shatters, they are not responsible for the damage it does. Most aftermarket kits, hoods etc are "offroad" use meaning they are not tested to comply with DOT specs. Everyone does it, so its not really an issue, but needs to be stated to cover their 'ass'ets
ohhh i though that it meant that if we have the hood our car would be able to go muddin. DAMN it i wanted to go muddin, now i have to go take out the durango.
© CEG Archives