Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ibub_dup1 HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/07/03 03:43 AM
Hella 113dB Supertone Horn Kit, consisting of one 375 Hz horn, one 300 Hz horn, relay, mounting brackets and instruction sheet. This is Hella part number 85315. CEG members price is $45.00 including UPS shipping for lower 48 states. Contact:
David Shanahan at
S. Sterling Company,
457A Hwy 74 South, Peachtree City, GA 30269.
Phone #770-632-8755.
Email ssterco@bellsouth.net
Paypal, credit cards and money orders accepted
Horn kits are in stock, and he has other models as well. Contact David about shipping charges to Canada and pricing on other kits.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/07/03 03:48 AM
not sure which one is louder, but BAT has a hella kit w/ following specs: Kit includes dual
metal trumpets (805 hz, 885 Hz), high performance
compressor w/air filter, 12v relay, and mounting bracket. For $40.
Posted By: ibub_dup1 Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/07/03 04:00 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
not sure which one is louder, but BAT has a hella kit w/ following specs: Kit includes dual
metal trumpets (805 hz, 885 Hz), high performance
compressor w/air filter, 12v relay, and mounting bracket. For $40.

that's an airhorn kit, which requires some creative mounting for not only the horns, but the compressor and hose. It's may be louder, but a high-pitched sound. If you're interested in this one ask David about availability.

the kit I posted is the round "button" horns, which should bolt right in to the original 'tour locations, and are 113 dB
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/07/03 04:05 AM
BAT sells the "button" kind for $24.75 and they're 115db.
Posted By: ibub_dup1 Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/07/03 04:23 AM
BAT sells the "button" kind for $24.75 and they're 115db.

Hella part #?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/07/03 04:25 AM
call BAT, they just list their own part number on the catalog.
Posted By: ibub_dup1 Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/07/03 04:43 AM
call BAT, they just list their own part number on the catalog.

you're the one out to bust this deal, YOU provide appropriate information.

I just did a quick search and found the following prices for the Hella Supertone horn kits: $59.95, $70.00, $99.00, $65.50, and $69.95. When I was looking about a month ago, the cheapest I found was $53.95, all of these are PLUS SHIPPING.

Our deal includes UPS charges as stated above.

The only Hella horns I found in the $25.00 range are the trumpet horns, which are completely different, or the individual disc horns, not the kit.

I've also seen different loudness ratings on the various sites for the Super tone kits 113dB, 115 dB and 118 dB. Doesn't matter, they're loud enough.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/07/03 04:49 AM
haha, i'm not trying to bust any deal up. I'm just showing what else is out there. I'd rather save over $10 for something just as loud even if it doesn't sound the same as the one your selling does. I'm sure any sounds better than stock. I'm not looking to buy any at all, so I don't have to provide any information other than what I have already provided. If people wanna spend more money for the SUPERTONES then they can, I'm not stopping them. Though the ones BAT sells are both replacements for both stock horns just to let you know.
Posted By: ibub_dup1 Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/07/03 04:53 AM
haha, i'm not trying to bust any deal up. I'm just showing what else is out there. I'd rather save over $10 for something just as loud even if it doesn't sound the same as the one your selling does. I'm sure any sounds better than stock. I'm not looking to buy any at all, so I don't have to provide any information other than what I have already provided. If people wanna spend more money for the SUPERTONES then they can, I'm not stopping them. Though the ones BAT sells are both replacements for both stock horns just to let you know.

You're showing just exactly what you are.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/07/03 04:57 AM
Originally posted by ibub:

You're showing just exactly what you are.

you're funny. all i did was post about something else offered. the proper thing for you to do would be to show why the SUPERTONES are better than any thing you can get through BAT or at the parts store. Seems you should post this information of why it's superior since you say you've done so much research. Hopefully you did find something for a great deal that's a great product. Why not prove it? all you wanna do is cuss at me in PMs and not prove a thing. good job on getting this GB together.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/07/03 05:13 AM
OK, in order to get this back on topic, is this a group buy or does he offer them at these prices indefinitely?
Posted By: ibub_dup1 Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/07/03 12:51 PM
He's got 25 sets he brought in for us, but can get more. It is a group buy for CEG members. Mention Contour or CEG.
Posted By: SVTour98_dup1 Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/07/03 06:24 PM
Anyone know FOR SURE that this is a direct bolt on? And is anything else required? Wiring, etc..? I haven't peaked under my car in a while (since my jack broke) so I can't get under to check it out. I know there's one horn installed (stock), but is there a space and wiring in place for the other one?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/07/03 07:53 PM
wiring SHOULD be there for both. on pre98s both horns are there. the only thing you should have to do is wire them up (pretty easy) and then make small alterations to the mounting for them, not too hard. usually the wires are there for the second one, though i've heard of them not always being there on some newer 'tours.
Posted By: ibub_dup1 Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/07/03 09:23 PM
I ordered my kit this morning, and David sent me an email this afternoon with ups tracking number.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/08/03 07:13 AM
i have the set w/ the compressor. though i still haven't installed it. so i have no idea how it sounds. i got it from bat.
Posted By: FastFordFreak Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/08/03 03:16 PM
If anyone has a sound clip of the new horn, please post it
Posted By: SVTour98_dup1 Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/08/03 05:00 PM
Originally posted by FastFordFreak:

agreed. i've never heard this horn before, so hearing it before buying it would be GREAT.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/08/03 05:22 PM
Originally posted by FastFordFreak:

I jsut got off the phone with David and he said the tone of the horns are European, sounds like a BMW. I can't wait, they should be here late next week.
Posted By: ibub_dup1 Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/09/03 07:50 PM
My horns just arrived, great service! They look really good, nice & solid, good quality, should get them in tomorrow! BEEP BEEP!
Posted By: SVTour98_dup1 Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/12/03 12:55 PM
Thinking of ordering one today. Anyone install theirs yet and can give some feedback on the sound?
Posted By: ibub_dup1 Re: HELLA HORN KIT! - 05/13/03 01:20 AM
check "general mods" forum for a pic and some install notes. I'll have to agree with "SVT" about the ideal mounting location
© CEG Archives