Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Keyser Soze Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 01:32 AM
Just curious if there was enough interest to do it again.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 02:05 AM
Count me in
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 02:26 AM
Here is a link to the previous buy for information.

Previous buy
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 02:37 AM
I'm in! This will be my first group buy.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 03:03 AM
so price would be about $94 shipped? Is this the only/best rear strut bar for our car? And is it best to weld it in? Anybody want to post their impressions of this bar? I'm pretty sure I'll get in on it.
I got it from the first GB, no welding, and I can feel some difference, I'm sure I will notice more once I get new struts/springs
I think it's worth it.
Johnny
Posted By: TSIN03SE Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 03:39 AM
I'm very interested.
Posted By: jshimer23 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 04:27 AM
i'm interested also.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 04:53 AM
Im intrested but it would have to be into next month.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 05:13 AM
I'm very interested. What's the time frame/details once you have enough interest?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 05:39 AM
Interested. I was last time, but I didn't have the money, now I do!
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 12:46 PM
In..have cash..finally!
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 01:32 PM
is this the strut bar that goes up and over the rear seat opening or the one that goes striaght across?
Posted By: MotorCity Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 01:40 PM
Originally posted by baco99:
is this the strut bar that goes up and over the rear seat opening or the one that goes striaght across?

Pic on this page: http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=groupbuy&Number=185384&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=3&vc=1
Posted By: SVTJoe_dup1 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 01:46 PM
Interested...depending on deadline.

Joe
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 02:08 PM
why doesn't anyone do something like this:

so that the opening into the trunk isn't compromised. maybe even make the mounting points for the strut bar higher up on the tower?

just a thought...
Posted By: MotorCity Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 02:13 PM
Would probably cost more to make and does not seem like it would be as rigid. Nice photshop...
Posted By: FWD SVT TUNR Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 02:42 PM
Im iterested
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 02:44 PM
i'd be willing to compromise some rigidity for some utility.

if i make this, is anyone else interested?
these don't have to be welded, so if you had to you could take it off.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 07:55 PM
I slept on it. Unless one extra person is needed for the GB to happen, then I don't want it right now. I realized I don't live in a place with enough twisties to really make use of the RSTB.
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 09:25 PM
im in lets do this
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 09:33 PM
Originally posted by johnny hennessy:

not practical. i also need more clearance over my sub box. an STB would get in the way.

Posted By: MotorCity Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/05/03 09:38 PM

not practical. i also need more clearance over my sub box. an STB would get in the way.

It would seem this is not the GB for you.

Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/06/03 02:18 AM
I'm interested.
Edit: I'm not missing out again if this is a "go."
Posted By: svtzap_dup1 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/06/03 02:28 AM
Count me in for sure!!!
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/06/03 03:56 AM
how high does this mount in relation to the flore of the trunk ? I have a box that is about 12" tall. And how far does it mount in relationship to the back seat. I have amps too.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/06/03 02:00 PM
I fit my 10" sub enclosure under it with about .5" to spare. I'll have to measure it for accurate numbers. I will get more specifics on deadlines and delivery today.

My brace goes right over my box(have 2 tens) I actually put some brackets on the box so that it holds into the brace. I think it looks quite nice. Will try to figure out how to post pics.
Johnny
Posted By: TSIN03SE Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/07/03 02:37 PM
Keyser,
Do you have any updates with prices and timing? Just curious..,
Posted By: OutOfOrder Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/07/03 04:01 PM
Count me in too. There goes my "Group Buy Cherry" I guess I just can't pass up a good deal.

O3
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/07/03 07:29 PM
I'm going to have the link set up shortly so everyone can order online. The pricing will be the same as the last buy. $86 for the bar and $10 for shipping. I'm thinking that we should close the buy on Friday May 16th.

-Chris
Posted By: sigma Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/07/03 07:41 PM
Can I ask what the price is for the bar normally?

What with a Classifieds buy for Wheels/Tires, Micah's SVT Bumper GB, the SVT SideSkirt GB, the DropZone GB, and this GB, and me moving this week to top it off, I can't afford to buy everything at once, so some things I cna buy for not much more retail are gonna have to wait.

Also, and maybe this was mentioned and I missed it, would this reduce some rear squeak I have in the suspension? At least I think it's the suspension, it could be the whole splitbody frame squeaking, but I hope not.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/07/03 07:53 PM
Originally posted by sigma:
Also, and maybe this was mentioned and I missed it, would this reduce some rear squeak I have in the suspension?

According to Keyser and nyceboi in the first gb, yes.
Posted By: path914 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/07/03 08:17 PM
Originally posted by 1314:
Originally posted by sigma:
Also, and maybe this was mentioned and I missed it, would this reduce some rear squeak I have in the suspension?

According to Keyser and nyceboi in the first gb, yes.

You can include me too, I noticed a significant difference.
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/09/03 06:46 PM
ok so is there any time table here or what are we waiting on.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/09/03 06:58 PM
Link is set up. Cut off date is expected to be 5/16.

strut bar purchase
Posted By: SVTJoe_dup1 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/09/03 07:07 PM
This doesn't seem to be a discounted price b/c if you do not follow the link and go through the home page and find it the price listed is 86.00 dollars. Is that the normal price that I can order this at anytime if so what is the discounted price.

Or did you just setup this page for this group buy and then it will come off the site?

Thanks,
Joe
Posted By: sigma Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/09/03 07:42 PM
He said that the page was set up just for this GB through this retailer.

That retailer normally sells nothing like Strut Bars -- all ground effects, spoilers, exhaust tips, etc. I guess they just have a distributor that carries them and can get them cheap.
Posted By: juices Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/09/03 08:45 PM
im down allthough i live in montreal
Posted By: TSIN03SE Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/11/03 01:21 AM
Ordered!
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/11/03 04:06 AM
Is the 16th going to be enough time or should we extend the deadline?
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/12/03 03:26 AM
I ordered mine & I can't wait to get it. This is my Father's Day slash Birthday present from my wife. You gotta love that. Thanks for offering another group buy on these I barely missed the last one & thought I might not get another chance for a while. I love the CEG!
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/12/03 05:04 AM
how hard is it going to bee to paint it. just as simple as sandong adding primer and some krylon?
Is this adjustable or no?
The pic (red bar) says its just a reference, but it looks adjustable.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/12/03 06:50 PM
It's adjustable with just a turn of the wrench.

I painted mine and it came out looking good but the paint I used comes off easily. I didn't sand it or prime it first.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/13/03 01:22 AM
Ordered.
Let the suspension modding begin!
Next up...Koni
Thanks for setting this up, Chris.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/13/03 01:34 PM
4 days left till the deadline.
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/13/03 02:40 PM
ordered
Originally posted by Derk2000:
Ordered.
Let the suspension modding begin!
Next up...Koni

KONI's are awesome....
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/14/03 10:18 PM
3 days left
Posted By: juices Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/15/03 07:06 AM
will it still cost 10$ shipping even if i live in montreal?
Posted By: bmxcontour Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/15/03 12:44 PM
you guys that ordered one of these in this GB will really be happy when that little skinny box arrives at your house...it is a very nice piece and with the long list of suspensions mads i have it is really nice, and makes the rear end of the car feel complete and solid. when i instaled mine, i put silicon on the backs of the plates that go against the shock towers b/c the metal on metal creaked a little bit, and this cleared it right up.

Ben
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/15/03 01:02 PM
Let me check on the Montreal.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/16/03 01:12 PM
Is there anyone else? I believe we have 5 total. Forgot to check the montreal thing. I'll do it today.
Posted By: Barge Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/16/03 01:46 PM
I just ordered one :-)
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/22/03 04:00 AM
They are being made guys, just updating you.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/23/03 04:47 AM
Great! Maybe I'll just pick mine up when I go down there.
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/24/03 04:08 PM
Thanks Keyser.
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/26/03 01:26 PM
Sorry for coming late to this party, but I didn't see this one, and I'm interested.
Is this still open, or are there any cancellations?
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/26/03 10:27 PM
There may be a couple of over runs that I can get to you. Let me check on Tuesday.
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/27/03 01:06 AM
i purchased mine a bout 2 weeks ago and it stil hasnt cleared on my bankin account? can u make sure it went through.
I got one in the last GB, and it works pretty good. I say go for it if you are wondering what to do...
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/27/03 01:16 PM
Thanks, Keyser. If there's one available, I'm interested.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/27/03 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
I got one in the last GB, and it works pretty good. I say go for it if you are wondering what to do...

I second that!
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/27/03 07:11 PM
If you want one they will build one for you. I think the group buy link is still working so go through there to purchase.
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 05/31/03 07:10 AM
I just received my strut tower brace today. SWEEEEEEEEET!!!! I will hopefully get time to install it tomorrow. Thanks again!
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 06/02/03 03:48 AM
Mine was patiently waiting for me when I got home. I "test fit" the bar tonight. I lightly tightened it over the carpet. I'll do the real install tomorrow.
Posted By: TSIN03SE Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 06/02/03 01:26 PM
First Oregon, then Minnesota; I suppose mine should be here soon as I'm in Michigan. Patiently waiting..,

For those who receive it before me, can we set up a thread in "suspension" section praising the virtues of having this brace in our cars
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 06/02/03 03:43 PM
got mine today, cant wait to go hit up some twistys
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 06/02/03 04:20 PM
Is this GB still open? Thanks

-Jeff-
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 06/02/03 07:06 PM
The link is still up so I would have to say yes. Here it is if you want to get one.

RSB link
Posted By: sjsmk1 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 06/05/03 07:46 PM
Id like to get in on this too...just need to know when and where im sendin the money to get it ASAP
Posted By: TourDeForce Ack!! There it goes!! - 06/17/03 06:00 PM
Keyser got my GB cherry!

I was told that my rod should arrive this week.

Thanks Keyser, I can hardly wait to get that stiffie in my rear.
Posted By: Rance Re: Ack!! There it goes!! - 06/18/03 03:29 AM
I got it on the first gb . definatly worth it .
Posted By: Antiramie_dup1 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 06/18/03 09:23 PM
If only my damn sub box wasn't so tall, I would have been all over this. Bah.
Posted By: TourDeForce The bar has arrived!! - 06/20/03 03:46 PM
Looks like a good product, but there were no installation instructions with it. I've never installed one of these before so I'll try it this weekend & let you guys know how it goes.

I notice that the mounting plates have no holes in them. Is that right? This thing is just supposed to hold itself up against the strut towers w/out any bolts or screws? I know that it can if I adjust enough compression in there, I just though it odd that there was no mounting hardware.

I also installed new Autolite double plat plugs & Pro-fit wires last weekend. I've now got a miss under light acceleration - irritating . I'm gonna pull em out, re-gap, test wires, & re-install. What a pain. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'll return them & pick up some Motorcraft plugs & wires from the $tealer.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: The bar has arrived!! - 06/20/03 10:21 PM
No bolts, no screws. Level it out and tighten the nut. It will hold itself in place.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Interest in HPP rear strut bar gb - 06/20/03 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Antiramie:
If only my damn sub box wasn't so tall, I would have been all over this. Bah.

I know that feeling. Mines somewhere between the sub box and amp shelf. How I pulled that off is totally beyond me, but I'm glad it fit.
© CEG Archives