Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: mklaro_dup1 SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 06:10 PM
Im looking to see if anyone would be interested in a group buy for SVT Side Skirts. I have gotten a price of $200 for the set but I am going to see if I can get a better deal with a certian amount of orders. Im going to be getting back today with the guy to find out. And of course these are unpainted.
Posted By: pnice Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 06:17 PM
i need the rear kit if u can hook me up let me know
Posted By: mklaro_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 06:21 PM
I'll check to see what the prices are for the front and rear.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 06:21 PM
I thought Bill Jenkins was cheaper than that???
At least for the SVT skirts, I know the SE skirts are way more money.
Posted By: mklaro_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 06:25 PM
not sure what bill jenkins has for pricing but I tried to get ahold of him to order a starter and after about 30 calls 4 messages and no returns I have given up. So
I have done business with another group and they seem pretty good about there pricing.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 06:26 PM
I think Bill quoted me $90 per skirt, and that was including paint if I remember correctly.
Posted By: mklaro_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 06:41 PM
wow that seems way too good to be true. I'll do some research
Posted By: MotorCity Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 06:43 PM
What are the part numbers? I will see the cheapest I can find them.
Posted By: mklaro_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 06:49 PM
not sure, im awaiting a call back....
Posted By: tourman113 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 07:27 PM
Since i am doing to micah front end thing, i will need skirts and rear bumper...let me know what you guys find...pm me i am on line almost every day.
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 08:06 PM
I just bought a set off B Jenkins about a month and a half ago. They were $90/ea w/ shipping of $20...unpainted......
I could've gone through my dads body shop & got them at his cost but w/ tax it would come out the same...not to mention Bill has them in stock & they would've been a special order through the local dealer. Good luck
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 08:08 PM
I am in for a set of sideskirts....
Posted By: sigma Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 08:10 PM
If you can get a good price on both Sides and back, for those of us in Micah's GB, that would be best. With an order of 20 skirts and 10 rears, you could probably get a decent discount.

Hm... The SVT back doesn't require modification for a pre-98 does it?
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 08:15 PM
i would def be in if i can get one side skirt for an svt and the rear bumper? Let me know what can u do
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 08:15 PM
10 rears??? Through a dealership??? Hope not...those list for around $800...even if they gave you a 50% discount thats still too much!
Posted By: sigma Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 08:18 PM
Yeah, definently not through a dealership or bodyshop. Gotta be wholesale.
Posted By: ejstefl Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 09:20 PM
Originally posted by SVZETEC:
I just bought a set off B Jenkins about a month and a half ago. They were $90/ea w/ shipping of $20...unpainted......

Yup, this is what I just paid a month ago as well. They used to be something like $50, but last summer Ford raised the price.
Posted By: mmarfan_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 09:37 PM
Yep they were 50 bucks a side
Posted By: WeaponSVT_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 10:22 PM
I want In on the sides as well.
Posted By: mklaro_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 10:26 PM
the guy has not returned my calls yet, I will check back in the am. I'll keep ya posted.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 10:26 PM
I want a pair too if they are a good price.
Posted By: 1WorldCar Re: SVT Side Skirts - 04/30/03 11:11 PM
Please put me down for this as well. I have SE sides on my car now but I think the flow is alot better with the SVT sides, the micah front and SVT rear.

Thanks
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/01/03 04:34 AM
Originally posted by USMondeo:
Please put me down for this as well. I have SE sides on my car now but I think the flow is alot better with the SVT sides, the micah front and SVT rear.

Thanks

I didnt think there was a difference???
Posted By: sigma Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/01/03 04:51 AM
Huge difference.

The SVT hang probably a good 1/4 to 1/2 lower, and the have a different shape to them. The SEs are pretty much straight across, the SVT have a sort of "bow" shape to them.
Posted By: ok2nvi_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/01/03 04:58 AM
I'd be down for a set also
Posted By: mklaro_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/01/03 08:39 PM
Spoke with Matt and he is working with his Manager to get a lower price, I should have the details tommorow
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/01/03 11:50 PM
i b interested
Posted By: tourman113 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/06/03 10:34 PM
Is this group buy still gonna happen
Posted By: mklaro_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/06/03 11:05 PM
yes indeed... update to follow tommorow.
Posted By: tourman113 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/07/03 07:07 PM
Ok...its tomorrow...got that news for me yet.....
Posted By: mklaro_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/07/03 07:45 PM
Ok talked with the guy and the best they can do is $100 a piece and shipping UPS ground would be about $20 for the two. So your looking at $220. for 2 side skirts shipped to your door.

Now people have said they found them cheaper other places. Depending on the interest in this GB is if I move forward. It doesn't sound like much of a deal. So is it worth it ?
What do you guys think??
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/07/03 08:15 PM
well like ppl have said before, they can be purchased through bill jenkins for 90$ plus shipping. So i don't think ppl will go for this Group buy. Sorry to burst ur bubble.
Posted By: mklaro_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/07/03 08:21 PM
i would love to order through bill jenkins but getting through to that guy is next to impossible
Posted By: sigma Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/07/03 08:30 PM
Yeah, that's the main reason I am still considering this GB.

It's the old story I heard in my Transportation Management courses all the time:

A customer comes a manager and asks how much he wants to ship something.

"500 Dollars," says the manager

"500 Dollars?! Your competitor offered to ship it for $300!"

"Well, why don't you ship it through him then?" the manager asks.

"Because he doesn't have any trucks available, so I had to come here"

"Well, when don't have any trucks available I only charge $200!" the manager retorts.

Yeah, Yeah, boring story... You've gotta be in Logistics to find it funny... we're a weird bunch.

Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/07/03 08:50 PM
...wait...i dont get it...okay yeh i do....talk about dry humor...but i get the point

Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/07/03 09:12 PM
Originally posted by mklaro:
i would love to order through bill jenkins but getting through to that guy is next to impossible

LOL its funny u say that but i always get him on the phoen when i call. takes a couple tries sometimes but i do. Also u could leave him a voice mail he does return calls.
Posted By: mklaro_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/07/03 09:47 PM
Originally posted by nOsSvTcOnToUr:

LOL its funny u say that but i always get him on the phoen when i call. takes a couple tries sometimes but i do. Also u could leave him a voice mail he does return calls.

I have left many VM no returns
Posted By: Electric Frost Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/08/03 05:08 PM
Hey I know I'm new so this question's probably been asked, but will the SVT side skirts fit on a Mystique no problem?

Also, I'd be very interested in this, any ideas on what shipping up to Canada would be?
Posted By: mklaro_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/08/03 07:28 PM
i think im going to just let this die.
not enough interest and the price isn't all that great to go through this... I'll do some research on getting a better price somewhere else.

Im not sure if the SVT skirts will fit without major modifications
Posted By: RoadRunner_dup1 Re: SVT Side Skirts - 05/12/03 02:33 PM
Originally posted by nOsSvTcOnToUr:

I have left many VM no returns

I called Bill at least twice in the past week, and he returned BOTH of my calls.

Bill is on Pacific time, so try calling him when it is about 10:00 am, his time...
© CEG Archives