Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 03:24 AM
So I have been gone for awhile, I have moved back up to NY due to the fact nothing worked out in FL. I am willing to give this another shot, please respond here if you are interested the price will be around $400 which would probally include shipping, the time frame will be next to nothing now that the dirty work was done with the first GB, Again would like to thank everyone in the first GB who were very patient with me MUCH THANKS TO YOU GUYS. This price is not soild it could be more but lets shoot for 400-450. So lets see how many of you really want it.

Micah

pre98@trudellbio.com
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 03:31 AM
This is the best news I have heard in awhile. I'm in on this for sure, just let me know where to send the money.
Can't wait to get the bumper on my car and drool over it all day long.LOL
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 04:05 AM
I'm interested but have a couple questions:

1> How easy of an install is it? Simply removing the hold, bolting on the new, or is there bodywork involved?

2> About how much would a paintjob cost for one of these? I have a metallic clearcoat if that matters.

Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 05:55 AM
interested
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 06:22 AM
intrested!! How would shipping to canada be?
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 06:43 AM
interested
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 12:07 PM
def interested but i also want to know the time frame involved with this GB. Right now money is tight after my big motor swap. Maybe around June would be a perfectt ime for me if thats cool?> Let me know Micha how long these will be availbe for?
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 12:27 PM
you know im down
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 12:35 PM
Alright here are some answers.

1) It is a pretty simple install, unbolting the old and putting the new one on, I know with last group buy there were some bumpers that need to get trimmed a little more before they fit perfectly on the car, I will try to trim them out better this time, but no promises.

2) I dont know cost of painting go to a paint shop and ask them how much to paint a fiberglass bumper they should be able to give you a price. I was asked this question to much, so this time instead of guess and telling, just go somewhere and ask I am not a paint guy.

3)Time frame, I dont know yet depends on everyone on this Group Buy. But If there is enough interested that cant afford it now then I will have some more made with the GB that need to be sold later, so another words I need some one serious about it instead of ya in october then I get left with a bumper I need to sell. its not going to go that way.

This GB could be done soon or can be draged out, I would prefer it to be done soon.

Micah
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 12:44 PM
heres what we got so far:

1) demonictour
2) sigma
3) gdub520
4) trujap
5) zetecracing
6) pnice
7) nossvtcontour (june)

Posted By: jthursby Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 01:10 PM
You FL guys can PM me about paint if you like.

Jim
good to see ya back micah.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 01:58 PM
well you know I couldnt have left for to long. ehhehe. 3.0 is still doing well it has 18k on it now and has enjoyed to nice trips on to florida and one back. But my struts and control arms are shot. Need to give my car some loving when I get a job again.

Micah
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 05:49 PM
heres his flyer
http:\\www.trudellbio.com\micah\micahflyer.jpg
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 06:03 PM
I'll be interested in a month after I move. I'm glad your looking to put this back together. I too second the question of how much to ship it across the border.
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 06:16 PM
it shouldnt be to much he lives 30 min from monteral maybe u guys can arrange a pick up
Posted By: 1WorldCar Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 06:20 PM
Hi Micah. Ive been waiting for this to happen again, and I think you will have a great response. There is no front end kit at all for pre-98's, so I think alot of people will jump in on this. Please put me down, and I am a serious buyer. The money is waiting to be withdrawn so add me to the list.......
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 07:14 PM
Good to see you back. I have one request. Please put the pre98 site back up. I need some info.

Thanks
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 07:14 PM
Good to see you back. I have one request. Please put the pre98 site back up. I need some info.

Thanks
Posted By: tourman113 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 07:24 PM
Hey micah..i am in. I just got out of the mondeo group buy because it was very unorganized and he wanted the down payment before the kit was even made...no way...sounded too fishy to me. So.......put me on the list buddy 400$ bucks aint too shabby. Even if shipping is extra its ok..I know its gonna be quality..I have seen one of the mysterious "MICAH BUMPERS" . great job
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 07:48 PM
Thought I would post a few pics of the bumper that we are all talking about, for those who don't know.

This is a better shot of the front bumper in more light.

Heres the list so far of people who want one.

1) demonictour
2) sigma
3) gdub520
4) trujap
5) zetecracing
6) pnice
7) nossvtcontour (june)
8) mbb41 (june)
9) USMondeo
10) tourman113

Thats 10 people so far come on ya'll lets make this number higher.
Posted By: Cooliebuoy_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 08:38 PM
I'm definately interested in this group buy. My only concern like many other people from Canada would be the shipping cost.
Posted By: MattB Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 08:42 PM
most likely in on this, will mirko fit on it with no other modifactions? When would time frame be? for money to be in?

THanks
Matt
Posted By: WeaponSVT_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 09:41 PM
Interested !!!!!!!!! Don't forget Weapon Please =)
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 09:55 PM
Heres the list so far of people who want one.

1) demonictour
2) sigma (june)
3) gdub520
4) trujap
5) zetecracing
6) pnice
7) nossvtcontour (june)
8) mbb41 (june)
9) USMondeo
10) tourman113
11) Cooliebouy
12) Damattmobile
13) WeaponSVT

Thats 13 people so far come on ya'll lets make this number higher.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 04/30/03 10:01 PM
If you're tracking time, Demonic, go ahead and put me down for June as well. I could pay the deposit May 15th (now if I had to), but couldn't pay in full until June 1. I'll be getting a nice fat $4000 check on that day.
Posted By: Bicycle019_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 12:58 AM
Not to hi-jack but..

Hey USMondeo if you have the money "ready to be withdrawn" why don't you pay me for the Ebay auctionyou won for my SVT rear bumper? I'm still waiting.
Posted By: 97CS Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 01:16 AM
It just doesn't seem right. We can get a whole kit from Hell for $650ish, and one bumper costs 400-450. Not that I'm complaining. I'm just giving my reason for not participating.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 01:31 AM
Quote:

We can get a whole kit from Hell for $650ish, and one bumper costs 400-450.

If there's a decent kit out there for $650 that requires no modification, I haven't seen it before for sale.

This is $400
+200 for sides

So $600. And that's shipped.

Of course the rear bumper is still an issue. Dunno the price on that. But it's probably less than modifying another kit.

Even the generic SVT Razzi kit runs around $750-1000 some places.
Posted By: 97CS Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 01:34 AM
Hella is doing the molding and modifying for us. That's the point. The whole kit, when it's able to fit (when he's done) is $650. That's front, rear, and sides.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Bicycle019:
Not to hi-jack but..

Hey USMondeo if you have the money "ready to be withdrawn" why don't you pay me for the Ebay auctionyou won for my SVT rear bumper? I'm still waiting.

Damn!
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 01:49 AM
Originally posted by 97CS:
Hella is doing the molding and modifying for us. That's the point. The whole kit, when it's able to fit (when he's done) is $650. That's front, rear, and sides.

Yeah but this is for people that don't like that kit and want an SVT look to there car.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 01:58 AM
Originally posted by 97CS:

Just like in the other group buys on the boards, parts are normally lower when more people are in on the buy. This bumper started from a bumper done by micah then he had to have the mold made then he had to screw around with the company that made them. So with the limited number of bumper and other fees,and not to mention they jacked up the price many of times but micah tookthe blow for it and didnt ask us to pay more, 450 seems pretty reasonable for the bumper to me( thats why i have one).

the hella kit is nice, but there will be many many many produced so thats why its cheaper.

And not to sound like an ignorant person stating the obvious but, why did you post saying that your not participting, what was the point? jus stirring up trouble?
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 02:05 AM
Quote:

Ohhh... Excuse me. I wasn't sure exactly what you meant by "Hella". My fault.

I had been keeping an eye on the Hella kit, but there's 2 reasons why I didn't want in on that one:

1> I just don't like the front bumber at all. Which is 90% of the reason (and money) why you buy a kit.

2> Something about the whole thing just seemed fishy and unorganized to me personally.

That being said, once the Hella kit begins, maybe they'll price just sides and rears for us people. I like those parts of the kit. And if they could be priced around $350, I just might consider it.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 02:06 AM

Sorry just had to post mine . Look familiar Micah . Thanks for the hood man.

Anyone who gets in this group buy i hope you will enjoy your bumper as much as i have, it changes the whole look on you car and its sweet. And you may want to expect a few bups along the way on this group buy,we didnt in the beginng on the first group buy but they happens.
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 02:36 AM
its a great bumper, i own one. it was the victim of a mild accident, and was all cracked and flimsy, but has since been fixed like brand new, and will be put on my car when i get the widebody, and sides and rear from the hella kit, the pre98 one that is (so it could be a while)
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 02:58 AM
Originally posted by lmaoatmy95gl:
Originally posted by Bicycle019:
Not to hi-jack but..

Damn!

Um, I had a Micah Bumper for sale, USMondeo wanted it, held it for a month for him, he then backed out the day before he was to come get it. I have the exact same thing the GB will yeild him, now he's ready to go . Atleast I found a reliable buyer though.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 03:06 AM
So, lemme get this straight...

USMondeo backed out of a Front SVT Bumper from KnuKonceptz, then backed out of a Rear SVT Bumper from Bicycle019.

I guess it's a good thing you two aren't as sue-happy as most people in the US. You both have legal recourse against him, especially Bicycle019.

Not the kind of rep you wanna have when you're trying to get into Group Buys and people spend a lot of money making a custom-made product for you.
Posted By: 97CS Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 03:07 AM
Sigma, understandable man.

lmaoatmy95gl -
Indeed, I am trying to "stir up trouble." I am indeed a trouble stirrer-upper. The stirrer of trouble.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 03:16 AM
Hey Demonic, thanks for whoring my car...

Looks like there is enough interest to get these made again... just remember... we need to keep this exclusive so a bazillion of these running around isn't cool... Besides, that's why they're in high demand... and of course it's gonna cost more than the hella kit because of the low numbers made. Don't forget to start the production number where it belongs.
Posted By: TOUR'ING Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 04:07 AM
I can understand that the people with the Micah bumpers don't want alot more running around because that sets them apart from everyone else that doesn't have one, but why restrict the number made? If someone is willing to pay for it, why not let them buy one. The aftermarket for our cars sucks a$$, so anyone that wants a different look should be able to buy one. Everyone wins that way, the supplier and the buyer. And who cares if it's not "cool" that more than the people of original run have one, some people weren't around when the first run was made. I think it's very "cool" that Micah is offering them again, he didn't have to, but he is, and should be applauded for that. Thanks.

Just my opinion.

TOUR'ING
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 04:33 AM
Limiting the number is pretty useless, as, at most, there will be 50 made.

I think 50 out of about 1 million, 1 per state, or about 0.000001% of total Contour made, is still pretty damn unique.
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 05:31 AM
listen up guys its cool that u guys r having fun posting but this for those guys who just want a simple svt front kit then some while looking kit like i see in on hondas or mondeos with four fog lights i rather go with a simple look and have two fog lights remeber this is still a sedan so micah lets do this and forget the negative vibe from some of ur ceg members.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 05:44 AM
I too don't beleive in limiting the numbers however for a different reason. Micah basically lost his shirt on the first lot. Seems to me this may be a way to recoup some of his loss.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 09:01 AM
agreed, and thats one more reason why I am trying again.

Shipping to canada? Where in canada? montreal is a quick trip. if you dont live far from there I can meet you in montreal. I ship greyhound, it is the cheapest and fastest way usaully gets there within 3 days. I know greyhound ships to canada but I dont know how much and how quick they are.

Deposits will be starting soon, I am finalizing the prices then I will post here for it. I take it as an honor to see so many people interested in it. Thank you.

This one will start.

Micah
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 02:05 PM
What about shipping to the west coast of canada?
Do you have an approx amount?? I really want that bumper but I hate being screwed in customs and shipping!! It's like they hate us in canada!
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Micah:

Deposits will be starting soon, I am finalizing the prices then I will post here for it. I take it as an honor to see so many people interested in it. Thank you.

This one will start.

Micah

Cool this is really good news. The honor is all ours, Thank you very much for restarting this project. I hope it all works out better for you this time than last time.

Oh and since I'm the first to respond and the first on the list does that mean I get the first one made? I really hope so that would be a big honor.
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 05:48 PM
i really dont care who goes first i just want the damn thing lol if anything i woke that nigga up from the deep sleep but i dont care about that all i care for is the kit so lets get these tours looking nice...
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 05:50 PM
This is how the order goes, the people with the full payments get out first. I have gotten the pricing done here it is.

10-20 people would be $400 + 25 shipping. this is the price there are no discounts for anything, I recieved to many emails before try to get a better deal. if you want a better deal go somewhere else. the price is 400 for the bumper 25 to ship. dont want to sound mean just want to get my point across. I will take deposits starting now, deposits of $100 the minute I get ten the second part will kick in. All bumpers should be shipped by no later then mid june, which means the begining bumpers will ship around 2-3 weeks from now. here is my address

Micah Trudell
4 booth Dr.
Plattsburgh NY

I accept bank checks or Money orders. I would accept paypal But I hate the fee if you want to eat the fee send the money paypal at pre98@trudellbio.com price for full bumper with paypal, shipping and fee would be $435. deposits will be $105, this is only for paypal users.

Once you send out the payment please responde here and I will make the list again. We need atleast 10 deposits and we are good to go, I want to see more then ten though.

Micah

I really dont know what price on shipping would be go to the greyhound website and check they might be able to tell you my zip code is 12901 check pricing there.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 06:14 PM
Just got a Q:

FIberglass or CF?
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 06:27 PM
my check will be in the mail tomorrow
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 10:06 PM
I sent you a money order in the mail today.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 10:27 PM
I'm in, no matter if it's CF or Fiber, I'm just curious which it is.

I can't really pay the deposit until the 15th if that's okay. I just bought some wheels/tires off LoCoZ2.0.

If you have to have it ASAP, I could probably work something out. I'd just prefer to wait until the 15th.
Posted By: tourman113 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/01/03 10:29 PM
OMG......My B-day is Saturday!!!! the big 21!! I should be getting some $$$$$$ so my deposit will be in the mail by the beginning of next week...Yayyyyyyyyyyy !!! I have never bought anything like this for my car before.....i feel strange
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/02/03 12:08 AM
I will post names once I recieve the deposit in the order I recieve them. The bumpers will most likely be fiberglass but I am looking at a material that is Fiberglass/carbon. either way it will be mainly fiberglass.

Micah
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/02/03 02:17 AM
So shipping is $25. Is that Greyhound or Fedex/UPS?

Also, will the stock fog lights from my 95 fit? I'm assuming yes.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/02/03 02:20 AM
Shipping is greyhound.

Stock fogs would fit I know at least one person did it on the first Gb. But you need to make your own fog light mounting spots on the bumper.

Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/02/03 02:36 AM
I know greyhound ships to canada but I dont know how much and how quick they are.

I hate to rain on this, Mark you know I don't wanna but....

Greyhound does NOT ship inbetween US/Canada. I've called them and asked for rates, and they told me NO shipping is done between the two countries
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/02/03 02:56 AM
Originally posted by SnafuFlux:
I know greyhound ships to canada but I dont know how much and how quick they are.

I hate to rain on this, Mark you know I don't wanna but....

Greyhound does NOT ship inbetween US/Canada. I've called them and asked for rates, and they told me NO shipping is done between the two countries

I was actually figuring on taking of Micah on his offer and pick up the bumpber in Montreal. That would certianly forgo the customs BS. Plus I'm always in the mood for some good ole Poutine or Montreal smoked meat sandwiches.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/03/03 12:42 AM
hopefully i can send my 100 bucks around the 15th or before (of may)...15 dolla oem fogs here i come!
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/03/03 12:57 AM
Hopefully there'll be a bunch of svt parts floating around for you guys once the gb for the hella kit is completed. But I was gonna add that the SE skirts don't look all that bad for the time being until ya'll can find some svt ones, but i see there is a group buy for those possibly happening so it looks like you guys might have an easier time finding the rest of the components to complete your project. good luck everyone.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/03/03 02:53 AM
Demonic and Stolon, I'm gonna have to hook up with ya'll sometime seeing that I'm only a couple hours away. Your car, Stolon, is the inspiration for mine, 'cept mine is Moonlight Blue.

Now I've just gotta find someone willing to replace the springs and struts on my 'Tour for the low low cost of pizza and beer.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/03/03 03:02 AM
I decided to bite the bullet and go ahead and send the deposit now, Micah. It's in your Paypal account.

Eating Ramen for a couple weeks as never killed anyone.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/03/03 03:08 AM
Originally posted by sigma:
Demonic and Stolon, I'm gonna have to hook up with ya'll sometime seeing that I'm only a couple hours away. Your car, Stolon, is the inspiration for mine, 'cept mine is Moonlight Blue.

That sounds cool man.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/03/03 03:08 AM

Now I've just gotta find someone willing to replace the springs and struts on my 'Tour for the low low cost of pizza and beer.

This is true, and seeing you're only a couple hrs away, maybe sometime towards the end of the month or first part of june we can schedule a get together down there or somewhere in the middle. pm me when you think might be a good time and we'll see what we can work out for everyone.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/03/03 06:36 PM
1) Mark Mills (Paypal deposit) Screen name?
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/03/03 06:44 PM
It should be in the Comments section of the Paypal, but that is me, "Sigma".
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/04/03 03:31 AM
Deposit made.
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/04/03 06:00 AM
Originally posted by mbb41:
Deposit made.

YOU AREN'T BEATING ME!!!

Time to up the stakes and pool some money somewhere
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/04/03 08:16 AM
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/04/03 08:31 AM
Originally posted by SnafuFlux:
Deposit made.

YOU AREN'T BEATING ME!!!

Time to up the stakes and pool some money somewhere

LOL. I already am.
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/04/03 02:46 PM
mine is in the mail just holla at me when mine is ready for the pick up i could first second or last once i have this and it will be time to look for the rear...
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/05/03 04:40 AM
2) Mbb41 (Paypal deposit) Real name?
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/06/03 03:02 PM
3) Demonictour (mail deposit) Adam Prewett
4) pnice (mail deposit) Pedro
Posted By: tourman113 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/06/03 10:33 PM
soon to be Tourman113-jim richards
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/06/03 10:55 PM

I sent you another pm. Did you not get it?
Posted By: tourman113 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/07/03 07:09 PM
Well, i gues all we can do is pay the deposit and wait....This is a fast group buy!!!! Thanks Micah, you are the shizzle
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/07/03 07:19 PM
send in ur deposit last time i chatted with micah he said they are already making the kit so send them in guys asap
thanx
Posted By: tourman113 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/07/03 07:22 PM
When you say kit, you mean bumper right? If so, then i wouldn't consider it a kit
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/07/03 07:26 PM
they making the svt bumper to fit ur pre98
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/07/03 08:53 PM
im expecting to be able to send my deposit around the 15th but may be able to get it in the snail mail by sat (this weekend)...im getting this bumper even if i have to sell my tour
Posted By: tourman113 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/07/03 10:37 PM
I know what he is selling, i am not that dumb.....its one bumper and it shouldn't be reffered to as a kit. That is my whole point.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/07/03 10:39 PM
it is part of a kit, lets leave this one alone.

everyone take 10 deep breaths and then count down from 100.

Micah
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/07/03 11:02 PM
Micah have you not updated your sig or are you moving again back down to FL? Also These bumpers are still on course for the 15th of june or could they be done sooner? I just want to get you my money ASAP so as to get a bumper ASAP.
YO Micah!!!! CALL ME!!!
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/08/03 12:37 PM
Is there anyone else out there that has sent there money and I just havent recieved it yet? bumper are shooting for june 15 but there should be alot of them being done pretty soon. the quicker you make full payment and the deposits the quicker this will be done. I am using june 15 as ending day for this GB not starting day for delivery. People send in your deposits! I need 10 to do this.

Micah
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/08/03 12:37 PM
calling today.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/08/03 07:00 PM
Is there anyone else out there that has sent there money and I just havent recieved it yet? bumper are shooting for june 15 but there should be alot of them being done pretty soon. the quicker you make full payment and the deposits the quicker this will be done. I am using june 15 as ending day for this GB not starting day for delivery. People send in your deposits! I need 10 to do this.

Micah

So does this mean if you don't get at least 10 people this will fall through?? I'd really hate to see that.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/08/03 07:23 PM
yes and no, if I dont get ten then I dont make any money. I lost money last time, I would like to atleast try to make something this time. is anyone else sending deposits?

Micah
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/08/03 10:15 PM
i'll be putting my deposit in the mail tomorrow afternoon micah...it will be at least 100 but im hoping for 150-200 sent...i'll pm u when its mailed
Posted By: m!key Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/08/03 10:27 PM
hey micah whats up. i am glad to see you back on the ceg. the bumper you made me is sitting in the garage waiting for the car to come back so i can put it back on. you dont even know how many compliments i still get on the car from people who are not even into cars. thanks again.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/08/03 10:56 PM
Well I figure in about 2 weeks I can give you the remainder of the money for my bumper if that would help.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/10/03 03:27 PM
micah, my deposit of $150 has been dropped in the snail mail...im sending a money order
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/10/03 11:12 PM
micah I'll be sending you a deposit in two weeks if that's OK.
Posted By: tourman113 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/13/03 04:45 AM
Stupid unexpected expenses I am having problems getting my deposit ready..everytime i get the money...i have to spend it on something else...I really want one of these bumpers bad. Micah, i know the date that you set for the shipping of the last bumpers but what is the last day that you can recieve payments...i am kinda in a bind here
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/13/03 05:03 AM
Originally posted by tourman113:
Stupid unexpected expenses I am having problems getting my deposit ready..everytime i get the money...i have to spend it on something else...I really want one of these bumpers bad. Micah, i know the date that you set for the shipping of the last bumpers but what is the last day that you can recieve payments...i am kinda in a bind here

that's how I was I had money aside for it and some things came up and I had to say bye bye to the money but I will have money in about two weeks with my next check atleast hopefully you can come up with the cash too.
Posted By: tourman113 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/13/03 05:15 AM
yeah...do you think he will still be taking money in two weeks?...I don't wanna get on anyone's bad side
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/13/03 06:40 AM
Originally posted by tourman113:
yeah...do you think he will still be taking money in two weeks?...I don't wanna get on anyone's bad side

I hope so as I don't want to miss out this time.
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/13/03 01:01 PM
i fill you guy my alternator just went and i got my ride at pepboyz changing the belts,alt. & battery plus i had to pay for the tow i got suck out in ct. and im from new york so you do the math but im glad my deposit is already in micah just tell me when you need the rest of the money
Micah, did you still have my phone number?
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/16/03 03:05 AM
TTT. Any word on this Micah?
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/18/03 07:40 PM
okay im a schmoe....my post last week saying my deposit had been dropped in the snailmail was in anticipation of doing so that same day...well i had to go into my glovebox a couple days ago....and there was my deposit still sitting waiting to be mailed

i actually put it in the mail yesterday (sat 5/17) and it should arrive at the end of this week i guess

any update on this by the way...is anyone sending money besides the first 3 or 4 listed by micah???
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/19/03 05:08 PM
Thanks for letting me know, I was going to email you and tell you I still havent recieved it.

The latest is GET YOUR DEPOSITS IN! we need more then this, I already ordered the material I need more deposits. people that were interested please let me know if you still are or not? I cant stand when people talk but dont show. this is the time to show, dont make me call your name Bumpers are still looking to be done mid june with some being done before then.

Micah

Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/19/03 06:10 PM
im having car problems but im still down micah in june i should have the rest of the cash flow so holla @ me when its ready
Thanks for letting me know, I was going to email you and tell you I still havent recieved it.

The latest is GET YOUR DEPOSITS IN! we need more then this, I already ordered the material I need more deposits. people that were interested please let me know if you still are or not? I cant stand when people talk but dont show. this is the time to show, dont make me call your name Bumpers are still looking to be done mid june with some being done before then.

Micah

Yooo Hooo?!? *waves arms in air!*
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/21/03 07:33 PM
I dont think your deposit was supposed to get to me. I recieved it today, well on accident my mom throws your letter in the paper shreater and destroyed your envelope. do you have the recipt for the money order? let me know if you can stop payment on it and maybe send another one? let me know. what is the luck?

Micah
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/21/03 07:35 PM
I dont think your deposit was supposed to get to me. I recieved it today, well on accident my mom throws your letter in the paper shreater and destroyed your envelope. do you have the recipt for the money order? let me know if you can stop payment on it and maybe send another one? let me know. what is the luck?

Micah

Now that takes the cake.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/21/03 10:09 PM
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/22/03 12:31 AM
thankfully i have the receipt ... im gonna call the place where i purchased the m.o. in the morning to see if they can help me out or speed up the process, but so far it looks like its gonna take me at least 30 days to clear this up plus a non-refundable processing fee

dude keep your mom away from the mail
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/23/03 12:50 AM
Micah, pm me please - I have a private concern about the first pre98 svt fronts that were made and that I purchased - I will respond as soon as I can, but please be patient with me - JOE
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/23/03 02:13 AM
it might take a while before he respond because hes girl friend is going thru a tough moment wit her mom shes very sick but ill let him know u want to ask him something okay JOE
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/23/03 03:31 PM
maybe you can answer my q's... let me know and pm me - JOE
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/23/03 06:35 PM
Hey, just wanted to give some insight about how durable this bumper is... I just plowed over an armadillo at 65 mph lastnight, bumper took a direct hit and the only thing wrong it the paint chunked off, but the cf is all intact and sound as ever... check it out in pics and vids under bumper vs armadillo...
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/23/03 07:03 PM
hey joe i pm and send u an email so holla back and stolon i saw ur pic i know u must upset or atleast was i sure would of
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/23/03 09:56 PM
well as much as i wanted this bumper im out of the g/b...its gonna take me at least 30 days to get my money refunded after they trace the money order and prove that it hasn't been cashed

the more i think about it the more ticked off i get....unbelievable when trying to do business
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/23/03 10:25 PM
Hey! How did you mount the svt grille and those fogs? There are no mounting brackets and I was wondering how u fudged those on! Thanks, greatly appreciated - JOE
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/23/03 11:22 PM
dont drop out, your deposit counts, my parents are the ones who lost the money. I got refunded by them, I was just trying to give them the money back, so let it take 30 days let there be charges, but your money is in as a deposit, just trying to recoop the money for my parents. let me know if you are still down.

micah
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/24/03 12:52 AM
How is this going anyway Micah? Do you want the rest of my money for the bumper yet? Good exchange on the dollar right now for us Canuks.
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/24/03 03:51 AM
i cant wait to get my kit
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/24/03 05:04 AM
well i really truely do not want to drop so if u assure me my deposit is credited then i will stay in...i love that dang bumper and dont wanna miss out like i did first time around

if finances allow i will send another 50 to 100 within the week...please dont let mom pull another ollie north
Posted By: m!key Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/24/03 05:08 AM
Originally posted by gdub520:
please dont let mom pull another ollie north

hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, good one.
Micah! I lost your phone number, or I'd call you myself! Just PM me your number or something, PLEASE?!?
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/25/03 06:42 PM
micah, call him dang!!
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 05/29/03 01:08 AM
TTT so where are we at with this?
Posted By: Gouch Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/02/03 07:13 AM
im not trying to step on anyones toes but I have a still unuse bumper from the first group buy that I will sell for 400 shipped. Check my add in the classifieds.

Originally posted by gdub520:
micah, call him dang!!

La la la.... If you wanna PM me your phone number again, I'll call you okay?
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/02/03 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Gouch:
im not trying to step on anyones toes but I have a still unuse bumper from the first group buy that I will sell for 400 shipped. Check my add in the classifieds.

If this doesn't get off the ground then I'll take it.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/02/03 04:35 PM
Yeah whats the word on this? Just wondering if this is still going to happen. I hope so, It would really suck if it didn't.

So if you haven't got in on this please do so.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/02/03 10:55 PM
Originally posted by DemonicTour:
Yeah whats the word on this? Just wondering if this is still going to happen. I hope so, It would really suck if it didn't.

So if you haven't got in on this please do so.

I hope it is still ago to. June 15th is fast app roaching.
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/03/03 12:10 AM
last time i spoke with micah he was waiting on some matrial that was like twoi weeks ago
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/06/03 03:04 AM
Hey Micah, Any word here. Its been almost 2 weeks since we've heard from you. TTT
Posted By: Gouch Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/07/03 05:59 AM
Cool. I still have it.
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/08/03 02:01 AM
hey wuts up guys i just got an email from micah he is away in michigan with his girlfriend cause her mother is sick he said he will be back monday and will post any updates k so be patient cause i have to also i want this thing to.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/08/03 08:03 PM
Ok Micah, I just PayPal'd you $105. I guess you can add me to the list of Depositers. Just let me know when they will be ready, and when you will be ready to deliver and I will pay you the rest, pretty quick-like.

Thanks for re-offering this group buy too by the way!
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/09/03 03:26 PM
hey all, I am back from michigan this is still on and I will be finding out more details today, I will let you all know. sorry for the no response my girlfriends mother died last week so I was there to support her. I will post with an update. thanks for any new deposits the more the better we arent at 10 yet, I would really like to get to ten.

Micah
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/09/03 04:04 PM
Good to hear from you. Sorry about your girlfriends mother. That can be really tough to deal with.

Keep us posted. Sadly patience is not a virtue of mine. Sorry. I'm just the little kid in the candy store.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/10/03 03:35 AM
Comm'n guys! Let's get to 10
That aint that hard, I am one of them.
How many more do we need? 1? 2 or 3? 4? Common, lets get on it!

PS- Micah, sorry about your girlfriends Mother. I too, had my Father die (to cancer) about 10 years ago, so I can feel her loss. But she just needs people like you to help fill her empty void with something (so she doesn't just feel empty all the time). And don't worry, she WILL get over it in time. (quicker if she believes in life after death). (or maybe longer if she doesn't). My Dad's death brought me closer to my creator.

Sorry to veer off topic. I just wanted to post those brief words
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/11/03 06:33 PM
micah my sympathies to your girlfriend, her family and to yourself...similar to josch my pop passed from cancer as well but it was on sept 11 2001..the nite of the terrorist attacks, so u can imagine how miserable i was but i have made great strides to get over it

anyway, i hate to do it but i have to pull out of this group buy...from the sound of it my duratec is in the process of kicking the bucket...throwing a rod is how one place described what prolly is happening...

so the good news is that i can finally begin serious plans for a 3.0 swap...now if only my money would make the same plans
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/13/03 07:06 PM
thanks everyone for your concern and words, they are appreciated.

UPDATE: 6 bumpers are done, and ready to be shipped. I need the rest of the money from 6 people. if you are paypaling add $10 for fee's if you are money ordering write here when you have sent it out, the sooner I get the money the sooner it ships paypal is the quickest.

I will update the list very soon. thanks everyone. THIS GROUP BUY IS NOT OVER if you want to join in please do, the more the better!

Micah
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/13/03 07:14 PM
Money is coming your way via PayPal this evening, Micah. It'll be under the name "Mark Mills", and I'll be sure to include the shipping address in the Details.
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/13/03 07:30 PM
alright micah i need u to call me dude...
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/13/03 07:36 PM
Micah, Please shoot me a pm regarding payment/shipping. so we can figure it all out. Thanks.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/14/03 04:36 AM
Micah,
Please check your e-mail. I just PayPal'd you the other $335.00 a couple minutes ago. You already have my deposit from before. Let me know how you will be shipping the bumpers (Greyhound, UPS, etc.) THX!

PS- hopefully I made it to your list of 1st six?
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/14/03 07:28 AM
first 2

josch
sigma

if people have questions about anything throw me a line pre98@trudellbio.com

Micah
*sigh*
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/21/03 07:00 PM
Just giving this a *bump* to the top.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/25/03 11:55 AM
Got a little email from Micah. Says he's still waiting for people to pay-up. Come on guys, it ain't cool to hold up payment like that.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/26/03 12:57 AM
I'm ready to pay but he is yet to return my PMs. Iwant to hear from him first.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/26/03 01:00 AM
I can certainly understand that.

But don't PM him, send him an email. I believe he asked everyone to do that early on in the thread, not use PMs. He was very quick at responding to my e-mail yesterday. Just a couple hours.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/26/03 01:02 AM
I must have missed that part of the post. He and I had communicated in the past via PMs. Guess I'll try that meathod of comunication
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/26/03 05:40 AM
Yeah, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease guys, I'm am soooo anxiously awaiting my late birthday present that was due to me on the 19th of June (my birthday). It was from my wife to me, but it's all you guys that will actually help it get to me from Micah Please me

PS- Anybody know of a good place to get a reasonable price on the SVT side skirts so I can finish off this project? I e-mailed Billy Jenkins and he don't sell them. Who else can I try? (Can you tell I'm slightly anxious? )
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 06/26/03 05:49 AM
You mean Bill stopped selling them? I just ordered a set a few weeks back. Still awaiting there arival though.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/02/03 10:17 PM
hey all,

I need everyone to finish paying for the bumpers. I cant pick them up till I get all the money. Please send the money! I have three people waiting on everyone else to come threw, please do your part

josch
sigma
bryan
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/02/03 10:22 PM
5) Gdub520 (shredded deposit)

if you are not on either of these 2 list and you sent your deposit please let me know who you are and how you sent it.

thanks

Micah
dood!
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/03/03 06:47 AM
Sent you a pm. Also I changed my name from demonictour to 1BADTOUR.
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/03/03 12:45 PM
I think you better count me out my tour is giving me signs of transmission problems and I also think this will be the last of this tour cause since i finish paying for her its been in and out of shops sorry micah and to the rest of the fellas but micah keep the deposit use it for your kit i guess.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/06/03 10:15 PM
Just curious as to where we're at here with this. Are we still at just 3 guys needed to complete payment? Or has anyone else got Micah his money too? Surely there must be more people who want to get pre-'98 with SVT look? Possibly a few GL owners out there?

Also, to the guy with the trans possibly giving problems, mine has been giving me problems for years and is now noisier than ever, but still seems to keep holding together. Plus, Group Buys like these with extreme custom parts for sale will soon be gone and no longer available to you, but new transmissions will always be available at a later time. Hmmmm, just food for thought you know, not trying to be the piper or anything
Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/07/03 12:44 PM
i will love to have a svt look but i think i rather have my tour running in perfect condition then running with any noise just imagen ur car looking fly with svt kits 17 inch rims drop but trans or any other part in the eng. problems and the tow truck picking u up in the middle of the highway cause u decided to put a svt body kit insteed of fixing ur mech. problems besides so many other kits trying to made soon someone will be saling there kits and thats maybe ill get it or if it dosent cost so much and i have some cash left over ill send micah the money. ill find out this week or the next...
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/07/03 02:08 PM
Yeah, I was actually just kidding anyway. My tranny is in the works to be getting pulled out soon, along with the motor to freshen a bunch of things up all at the same time. I just don't hammer on the tranny too much right now. I'm only planning to get the bumper and kit here in my possession first, and then I'm going to do all the mech. work before I even bother painting and installing anymore stuff for pre-98 SVT look. I also believe that that looks lame when you see a nice pimp car all broke down on the side of the freeway. You wont see mine out there though. I've been on top of my maintenance for years. Tranny's just a little growley lately is all. Hopefully you will find it in your budget to do all the cool things you want to do to your car, as well as catch up on all the normal maintenance as well.
Posted By: Midnight_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/09/03 03:05 PM
i understand the tranny issue. i just got mine back little over 2 weeks ago. and that was after 11 weeks of not having it. Yes it took them that long to fix it. and it was $2340.00 + 250 for a new radiator. so you see i want a nice new front bumber but i am now officially broke and it will have to wait, but hey now i have a new rebuilt tranny with a transgo jr. shift kit installed and soon a B&M supercooler for the atx from summit racing. hopefully to be installed this weekend. so maint. does come before modification.

Thanks,
Eric
Would Micah or someone.... anyone, just PM me a phone number so I can get ahold of Micah???? Please
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/10/03 02:06 AM
pre98@trudellbio.com

E-mail him at the above address and he is likely to respond much quicker than by PM
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/10/03 07:54 PM
If we get 2 new guys in the gb, that would pick up all the bumpers and ship out, if people would pay what they owe we will be in good shape that way too. This Gb is done on my end I am just waiting on the customer end to finish pay what they owe. Pnice is out, so It would really help me if we can get atleast one more person in on this. Guess do what you can do, I tried my hardest to make this Gb smooth but it isnt going to be if everyone doesnt do there part.

Micah
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/10/03 08:08 PM
Well, Micah, there's 2 of your Carbon Fiber bumpers, new and unused in box, in the Classifieds for $375.

That makes it hard to get people to pay $450 for a Fiberglass one, ya know?

Quite honestly, if this thing wasn't dependent on the number of people, I would've backed out myself and picked up one of those.

Carbon Fiber, No hassle, no waiting on everyone else.

I'm just not the type of person to do that though. Once I said I was in, I was in.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/10/03 11:00 PM
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/11/03 04:16 AM
well the fiberglass ones are made stronger then the carbon ones now and the resin they are using on the new ones are better, I have seen these new ones and I am really impressed. Not knocking the carbon ones, but things only get better with practice and time. These are much better, and will last longer.

Micah
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/12/03 04:00 AM
Well, Micah, there's 2 of your Carbon Fiber bumpers, new and unused in box, in the Classifieds for $375.

That makes it hard to get people to pay $450 for a Fiberglass one, ya know?

Quite honestly, if this thing wasn't dependent on the number of people, I would've backed out myself and picked up one of those.

Carbon Fiber, No hassle, no waiting on everyone else.

I'm just not the type of person to do that though. Once I said I was in, I was in.

I am sorry if I am making people think twice about buying a new one from you Micah, by trying to sell mine in the classifieds. That bumper does look sweet on the pre98 though. Although I've had it for sale for 2 weeks now and still no takers on it. If the car wouldn't have been wrecked the car would have been done by now.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/12/03 06:29 PM
Yeah, I'd much rather have the fiberglass one. I'd rather have the extra strength. I've seen how carbon fiber is, and I wouldn't want something that thin and fragile on my car. I'm glad I got the later bumper that has all the quarks worked out of the older design. I'm sure the new fiberglass ones are lot more like the OEM SVT ones probably?
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/23/03 01:07 PM
For any of you who are in on this pre-98 SVT bumper GB and will be needing SVT side skirts for your conversion, I just received my pair from www.fordpartsonline.com for $192.60 (set) which I thought was a reasonable price. I'm pretty sure they also got SVT rear bumpers too but I never looked to see how much they were since I did not need one (already got one on my car). But I just figured I'd post this in case anybody had difficulty finding them?

So anyways, Are we still just waiting on 2 people to pay before we can get our front bumpers? Who's going to step up to the plate? Surely somebody out there (2 people) wants one of these for their Contour(s)?

Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/23/03 04:18 PM
I'm still waiting to hear from Micah. He seems to have dropped off of the radar.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/23/03 04:30 PM
I will have the money paid in full by the 12th of august. Ran into money problems, sorry I'm making everyone wait, but I'm doing my best.

I really do want this bumper and can't wait to put it on my car , if I could I would sell an body organ to get it.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/23/03 07:59 PM
Did you e-mail him at this address: pre98@trudellbio.com
???

He always gets back to me using that address
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/24/03 03:33 AM
Hey guys,

Havent dropped off the earth yet, I got a job and have been going to bed at around 8:30 so I can get up for the job working stupid hours right now. I am not ignoring anyone or running away with any of your money so please no one panic. I am still waiting for people you know who you are, I will keep everyone posted once I get some bumpers and will ship them out asap.

Thanks everyone

Micah
Posted By: Gouch Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/24/03 08:54 AM
I still have my bumper from the last group buy for sale.

Im not on the board much so email me at

Schwazilla@hotmail.com

400 shipped.
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/24/03 08:30 PM
haha what a bugger. You are trying to sell, and this guy just pops in to make a buck. wow isn't that kind eh?

Posted By: Gouch Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/26/03 02:59 AM
Or I own the same bumper from the last group buy and I am unable to use it.

thank you.

Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/26/03 05:07 PM
So use the classifieds like everyone else has to... Honestly, I understand, but you start taking sellers away from this group buy, you f$ck up the GB...
Posted By: Gouch Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/27/03 02:47 AM
not to be a dick. but if he is at his 10 minium Im not messing up anything, he has already made his money on my sale.

Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/27/03 03:01 AM
Quote:

but if he is at his 10 minium Im not messing up anything, he has already made his money on my sale.

Well he hasn't, and some of us have paid in full for a couple months now waiting for others to pay up themselves so the bumpers can ship. You coming in here just makes it that much harder to find 2 more people to fill the quota.

I hope you find someone to buy your bumper, but not at the expense of me getting mine.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/27/03 04:53 PM
My money has been sent. I had been waiting to be near the end of the line in paying as I couldn't afford to tie up my money to far in advance. Now since my broken tranny is fixed payment is made. I believe that leaves one last buyer.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 07/30/03 04:50 AM
So I guess now we just need the one last guy then? I hope it's soon because my new side skirts have been sitting here for a week, ready to get paint as soon as the front bumper gets here I can anxiously continue. These group buys are good to teach a man patience
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/01/03 10:35 PM
I've been trying to get hold of Micah for the last few days so I can be the last guy in the GB to make this happen, but so far no reply.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/02/03 12:07 PM
Not sure where he is. He is a hard one to get ahold of. I was hoping he would confirm recipt of payment but I haven't heard from him yet.
Heh, He's alway been a little tricky to get ahold of, but he's good for his word, best I've come across anyway.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/02/03 06:35 PM
Originally posted by VaTech_95SE:
I've been trying to get hold of Micah for the last few days so I can be the last guy in the GB to make this happen, but so far no reply.

Did you try to e-mail him at this address: pre98@trudellbio.com ???

He looks at that more than his PM folder. If you did send message to his e-mail, then just be patient. I heard he got a new job so he might be swapped for a while . He always got back to me within a few days though
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/02/03 07:53 PM
Yeah, I got hold of him. Sending him my payment on Monday.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/02/03 11:43 PM
Yeah, I got hold of him. Sending him my payment on Monday.

Glad to hear that he got in touch with you. I'd like it if he would confirm my payment though. Good to know the bumpers should be released soon though. It would be nice to get it on the car before the foul weather begins.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/03/03 09:18 AM
Originally posted by 1BADTOUR:
I will have the money paid in full by the 12th of august. Ran into money problems, sorry I'm making everyone wait, but I'm doing my best.

I really do want this bumper and can't wait to put it on my car , if I could I would sell an body organ to get it.

Don't forget about me I'm still in this group buy.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/04/03 03:39 AM
hey all, yes bumpers will be shipping soon, everyone that has sent me the money in full please email your address and phone number, with first last name and screen name along with the closest greyhound station address. for the ones that havent paid in full, please send me an email and let me know the time you plan on having it paid off. Thanks everyone.

Micah
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/04/03 03:48 AM
For those that don't know, you can get your local greyhound station address by going to www.greyhound.com click on "Travel Planning" in the top left, go to "Terminal Locations", click on your State, then City.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/04/03 04:25 AM
hey all, yes bumpers will be shipping soon, everyone that has sent me the money in full please email your address and phone number, with first last name and screen name along with the closest greyhound station address. for the ones that havent paid in full, please send me an email and let me know the time you plan on having it paid off. Thanks everyone.

Micah

Sent you a email.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/04/03 03:02 PM
I just sent all my info too
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/04/03 05:55 PM
E-mail sent.
Posted By: bluecontour Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/05/03 04:20 PM
i sent my email
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/06/03 02:42 PM
Sent you full payment through PayPal, and included the shipping details as you wanted in the payment email. Let me know that you got it OK.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/10/03 04:56 PM
i feel like an a$$, I formated my hard drive and guess what I forgot to save...... my email account, all my messages have been deleted, so please resend the info. I am sorry guys.

Micah
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/11/03 03:09 PM
Sent Any updates on the shipping schedule?
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/11/03 07:04 PM
Sent Any updates on the shipping schedule?

What he said.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/11/03 07:38 PM
Ok, I just re-sent all my info via e-mail.

Any idea when bumpers might ship?
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/11/03 07:45 PM
Me too, I sent you an email yesterday.
Posted By: bluecontour Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/11/03 08:01 PM
Sent you an E-mail also
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/13/03 05:14 AM
Hey Micah I know your busy but what is the ETA here. Since I am supposed to meet up with you it would be good to know so I can try to plan something out.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/14/03 02:41 PM
Yeah, I'm curious on ETA too. Any idea?
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/14/03 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Josch:
Yeah, I'm curious on ETA too. Any idea?

Same here.

I just sent you the rest of the money via paypal. So now I'm all paid off and ready to get my bumper.

Also sent you an email on a few things I need to know.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/15/03 12:38 AM
hey everyone, I am busy, but I appolgize I havent been on here to keep you updated. I am planning on going to look at the bumpers tommmorrow and take the ones that are good. hopefully all will be good, this is when I inspect them and grab the good ones. I will post tommorrow evening and let you know how many I recieved at that point preping will be done on the weekend for the bumpers I have and shipping will be sent to the people who paid in full the quickest.

I will recreate the list of people who have paid and in what order it is in. if you dont think the list is right please let me know, also if I dont have you full name down please email me and tell me it. 2 emails seems like my pre98@trudellbio.com is only sometimes working so send me the info at either that one of mjt1979@hotmail.com yes I have MSN messenger but just because you see me online does not mean I am so dont think I am ignoring anyone, my computers seems to be a public one so everyone gets on it.

Micah
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/15/03 04:52 PM
Sent you an email to both emails with all my info you requested.
Posted By: alibies Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/17/03 04:34 PM
im lookin for a set of red side skirts if anyone is gettin rid of some red ones pm me :-D!
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/18/03 10:26 PM
ttt
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/20/03 03:20 AM
Micah,

Just wondering if you have an update for us, I know your busy, but it sure would put my mind at ease if we had a paid list. That way we could all see how many people we need. I have seen you on here a few times sense you have posted your last post thursday, I think it was. So I was just wondering if there was a problem or something. I can't wait to hear from you, because I know when I do, it will be good news saying that the bumpers are shipping. Not trying to be pushy just hoping for some good news.

Thanks,
1BADTOUR
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/21/03 02:57 AM
I will post tommorrow evening and let you know how many I recieved at that point preping will be done on the

Micah

So where are we at here? I really would as I'm sure we all would, like to plan my getting the bumper shipped and painted and all that jazz. Hope all is still well.

TTT
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/21/03 03:10 AM
dude ease(sp) up a lil, man this group buy is only been 4 months long and youll are as bad as we were after 14 months. Micah is true to his word, although he may not be on here giving update 24/7 i am sure everything is going close to as planned. I waited just like youl, and it sucked yeah i know but it will pay off end then end. Just give it time( well alil more).
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/21/03 03:20 AM
1) Mark Mills (PAID IN FULL) Screen name?
2) Mbb41 (PAID IN FULL) Mark Butterworth
3) 1BADTOUR (PAID IN FULL) Adam Prewett
4) Gdub520 (PAID IN FULL) Real Name?
5) Bryan (PAID IN FULL) Screen Name?
6) VaTech_95SE (PAID IN FULL) Real Name?

Did I forget someone? please email and let me know. I tried to stop by on friday but the prick wasnt there. I have a meeting with him this friday at 4:30 on the bumpers. will let you know. Thanks everyone for being patient, and no one needs to worry I am not going anywhere with your money.

Micah

Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/21/03 05:20 AM

Did I forget someone? please email and let me know. I tried to stop by on friday but the prick wasnt there. I have a meeting with him this friday at 4:30 on the bumpers. will let you know. Thanks everyone for being patient, and no one needs to worry I am not going anywhere with your money.

Micah

Posted By: bluecontour Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/21/03 05:36 AM
Bryan Screenname:bluecontour
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/21/03 06:26 AM
Originally posted by FLCEGkid:
dude ease(sp) up a lil, man this group buy is only been 4 months long and youll are as bad as we were after 14 months. Micah is true to his word, although he may not be on here giving update 24/7 i am sure everything is going close to as planned. I waited just like youl, and it sucked yeah i know but it will pay off end then end. Just give it time( well alil more).

I Never said I didn't trust Micah because believe me I watched the first GB for this with great interest and am aware Micah pretty much lost his shirt on the whole ordeal. I simply wanted to get an update given the chosen hour had long passed since he stated he'd give us some more info. As well some of us are a little ansty as this GB was slated to be done in June. Lastly I'll assume you have you have a bumper? and you are enjoying it? If you answered yes to both those questions then great. Now are you buying a bumper in this GB? if you answered no then give those of us a break that are. Honestly its not of your concern. We may be a little impatient but I suspect we are just more interested in some communication and updates that there were quite a few of with the old GB. I know Micah is very busy and I am very happy he is offering the bumpers. but "although he may not be on here giving update 24/7" we still wish to make sure all is well and that he hasn't dropped off the radar.

Now, Thanks again Micah. As well a great thanks for the update.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/21/03 11:47 AM
Screen-Name: Sigma
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/21/03 01:43 PM

Micah

What about me? I was the first one that paid. Don't forget my bumper. I should get mine first
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/21/03 01:53 PM
first 2

josch
sigma

if people have questions about anything throw me a line pre98@trudellbio.com

Micah

This is a quote from an earlier post on this string.
Shows me on the list as #1
Then Sigma as #2
So the above list needs to be adjusted accordingly to reflect that
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/22/03 10:44 PM
1) Josch (PAID IN FULL)
2) Mark Mills (PAID IN FULL) Sigma
3) Mbb41 (PAID IN FULL) Mark Butterworth
4) 1BADTOUR (PAID IN FULL) Adam Prewett
5) Gdub520 (PAID IN FULL) Real Name?
6) Bryan (PAID IN FULL) bluecontour
7) VaTech_95SE (PAID IN FULL) Paul Ward

Sorry for the mix up on the order, realize it wasnt set in stone thats why I said if there needs to be adjustment or if I forgot someone. hope this is better, again if there is an issue with this line up please let me know. I am not hitting profit on this GB either so please be patient with me.

Thanks

Micah
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/23/03 05:40 AM
Micah,
Dude, thanks for all the trouble. I'm so happy that you brought these bumpers back into production with Part II of this GB. I didn't realize you weren't turning a fair gain though. I will PayPal you some more money on my upcoming payday just as a graduity for making this GB possible again. I think it is only fair that you get your cut too for all of your effort put forth. Maybe I will start a trend with the others in this GB and you might make enough in tips to get some decent gain for yourself? I'll let you know when and how much I give you when I decide how much I can offer. This is the American way though. Everybody needs to get their cut along the chain. Even the bottom guy doing all the work. This is why we like America. Because it is the land of opportunity where everyone gains and gets to reap the fruit of their labors.

Thanks again,
Josch
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/26/03 12:15 AM
Is it still possible to get in on this GB? I'm probably way too late but I figure it's worth a try.

Thanks,
BP
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/26/03 12:55 AM
Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Micah would welcome more buyers. Send him an email at pre98@trudellbio.com, he checks that more often than hi PMs.

Good luck
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/26/03 01:02 AM
email sent for micah
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/26/03 02:42 AM
1) Josch (PAID IN FULL)
2) Mark Mills (PAID IN FULL) Sigma
3) Mbb41 (PAID IN FULL) Mark Butterworth
4) 1BADTOUR (PAID IN FULL) Adam Prewett
5) Gdub520 (Paid 150 Deposit) Real Name?
6) Bryan (PAID IN FULL) bluecontour
7) VaTech_95SE (PAID IN FULL) Paul Ward

THANK YOU Gdub520 your honesty is amazing. I appraciate that.

Micah
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/28/03 02:15 PM
Any idea on when they might ship out yet? Probably no chance they might go out by this weekend is there?

I will give you a $50 bonus as soon as mine arrives
Posted By: TourGuy Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/29/03 03:24 AM
I can vouch for the front clip....very nice piece. I bought one of Micah's front clips the first time he offered them. Was shipped great...used GreyHound. I have since bought a SVT and still have the front bumber, has never been painted and still wrapped in the bubble wrap that he sent it in....check out the classfieds I am selling mine. E-mail me if interested.

Thanks
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 08/29/03 10:58 PM
Again TTT. What is the story? Are they going to be ready soon? Getting a little Anxious here.
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/02/03 07:17 PM
Again TTT. What is the story? Are they going to be ready soon? Getting a little Anxious here.

Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/03/03 05:42 PM
knock knock, Micah you there?
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/04/03 02:04 AM
just emailed the company trying to get them to stay open late on friday so I can pick them up. its almost done just hold on a couple more days and I will have picks of all the bumpers sitting out side of my house. sorry for being to busy.

Micah
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/04/03 02:52 AM
Just glad to have an update. Keeps some ofus at ease.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/04/03 05:59 AM
Yeah an update. Thanks for letting us now what is happening. I'm looking forward to friday now.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/06/03 05:13 PM
So Micah were you able to pick them up?
Posted By: calisport Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/06/03 10:04 PM
i know im late, but can i still get one and what is the final price?
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/07/03 12:38 AM
Originally posted by calisport:
i know im late, but can i still get one and what is the final price?

Ummm. Do you have a pre-98? Looks like you have a 99.
Posted By: alibies Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/07/03 01:26 AM
i need se side skirts... pm if you got some u dont need... will pay well...
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/08/03 02:14 PM
Any news?
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/08/03 11:02 PM
Any news?

What he said. I thought we'd hear if you were or were not able to get them on Friday. At this rate I won't be putting the bumper on this year as it would make little sense to get it on just in time for the snow to start flying.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/09/03 02:51 AM
Hey guys, I made payment to the company today and they told me they will be delivering them to my house this week. I dont have the time to pick them up due to time there open vs time I am at work. I will let you know when I have them at my house. I was going to do a check on them all but they told me to do it at my house and send back the ones I dont want. so once again they are paid for and will be at my house this week, If I get a better time frame then that I will post it.

Micah
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/09/03 02:36 PM
Woohoo!!!!
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/11/03 02:21 PM
Micah - you have a pm....
Posted By: Contourox Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/12/03 08:21 AM
question for you guys in this GB. i know CF is no longer offered for these bumpers but what are the benefits from Fiberglass over CF for these bumper covers? besides weight and cost factor?

thanks.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/15/03 05:08 PM
Hello? Micah?

Any word?

I can understand that you're busy and things are hard to arrange (I work 2 jobs and go to school full-time), but certainly you can understand some of the... impatience here. This has slipped from getting them in June to getting them in October at the earliest.

Anyways, I hope you received them last week as you arranged, and are cleaning them up right now for shipment.

Thanks,
-Mark
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/15/03 07:01 PM
some people.

Yes I can understand the frustration, Yes it was supposed to be out in june. But step back and look at what we were waiting on. it wasnt me, for the most part. we were waiting on payments. I couldnt pick them up till I had all the money. So please dont jump down my throat. I am sure you have 2 jobs and go to college (uphill both ways) that doesnt mean that a person with one job is less busy. realize there is a major dilema called time frames where I am working when the place is open and when I am off the place is closed. on top of that I work for a canadian company which means only one thing. They work you like slaves with no time off. so I dont have time to go there during the day. I am doing my best and yes I got the bumpers and cleaning them up at night when I get home from work. once again I am not making money on this so please dont get pissed off if it goes slower then it should have. its not as if I am living it up. No offense to candians or people that walk to college uphill both ways.

Micah
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/15/03 07:08 PM
some people.

Yes I can understand the frustration, Yes it was supposed to be out in june. But step back and look at what we were waiting on. it wasnt me, for the most part. we were waiting on payments. I couldnt pick them up till I had all the money. So please dont jump down my throat. I am sure you have 2 jobs and go to college (uphill both ways) that doesnt mean that a person with one job is less busy. realize there is a major dilema called time frames where I am working when the place is open and when I am off the place is closed. on top of that I work for a canadian company which means only one thing. They work you like slaves with no time off. so I dont have time to go there during the day. I am doing my best and yes I got the bumpers and cleaning them up at night when I get home from work. once again I am not making money on this so please dont get pissed off if it goes slower then it should have. its not as if I am living it up. No offense to candians or people that walk to college uphill both ways.

Micah

Micah, take your time man. I Would rather you take your time and get a nice product, rather then you rush it and we get a not so nice product. Don't let these people get to you, everyone is just impatient.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/16/03 01:50 AM
Micah, man, chill out a bit. You'd know if I was 'jumping down your throat'.

I never said I was pissed they were later than June. I couldn't have done anything with it in June anyhow, and probably still don't have the time to do anything with it for some time.

And I never said I had it any worse than you do. I simply said that I understood why it was taking so long. I could have just asked what was taking so long or why you hadn't updated us on whether you got them, but instead I tried to explain that I understood why it was taking so long.

I was simply asking for an update. You said you were gonna have them delivered and work on them then when you had the time. You hadn't told anyone whether you had got them or not. I'm sure if someone had $450 of your money you'd like to know how things were going with it too.

For all I care you could take a few more weeks. It really doesn't matter to me, as long as I'm told that it's going to take a few more weeks.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/18/03 07:59 PM
Cooooooooooooooool! I can feel the time is near

Thank you for helping me to learn more patience in life. God always was trying to work so hard all my life trying to teach me that
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/22/03 02:08 AM
*bump*
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/24/03 06:08 PM
*boomp* *tap* *boooomp-boooomp* *tap*.........*tap* *boooomp-boooomp* *tap* *chewit, chewit, chewit, chewit* bring it to the top now, one more time
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/25/03 01:45 PM
*boomp* *tap* *boooomp-boooomp* *tap*.........*tap* *boooomp-boooomp* *tap* *chewit, chewit, chewit, chewit* bring it to the top now, one more time

LMAO!!!
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/29/03 05:57 AM
Oh where oh where could our Micah be.
Oh where oh where could he be......
everybody now, you know the lyrics.
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/30/03 04:42 AM
LOL

Oh where oh where could our Micah be.
Oh where oh where could he be......
everybody now, you know the lyrics.

Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 09/30/03 07:22 AM
Ok, being serious now, Hey Micah, I know your a really busy guy but how 'bout a little update? Just like a sentence or 2 every week or so to update the people? Do you think they might be ready this week(?), this month(?), or by the end of the year? Could you be able to please give 6 or 7 curious folks any idea how far along you are on the finishing and inspection process?
Please understand that I'm not trying to bother you in any way, but also please try to understand that I'm curious as heck to find out where along this process you are, as I'm sure everyone else is too.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 10/03/03 05:21 PM
He must be really busy this last 2 weeks?
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 10/03/03 06:05 PM
Micah my frusuration is beginning to shine through here. I've tried to be as queit as possible but lack of word in over 2 weeks is just feeding this frusuration. I realize you are busy with work and all but it seems to me that to take 10 minutes even on a weekly basis to give your customers an idea of what is up is not at all unreasonable. You have blamed the poor of timely fashion in receiving payment from some of us as a reason why nobody has received their product yet. Well given it has been 2 months since you received sufficient payment it seems to me that you have had a reasonable amount of time to get the bumpers to us. It is not until recently that I have had thoughts that I may never see my bumper and that would be a shame. Please have the decent nature to tell us all straight up what we can expect from you. It is only fair that we not be lead on. Not to come across as a jerk or anything and if something has happened in your life to prevent you from keeping us informed again, then I apologize but I/we have for the most part been patient and that patience is wearing thin.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 10/03/03 06:58 PM
This oughta be good. Look at the [censored] I caught a week ago for even asking for a status after a month of hearing nothing.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 10/03/03 07:07 PM
my cable internet has been down at my place for the last week. I failed 3 bumpers due to how thin they were, undercoated the other 3 now need to trim and pick up the other 3 new bumpers. I understand your frustration, realize I am not sitting on your money anymore. it has been spent to pick up the bumpers. therefore you dont need to worry about me running away with your money, and belive me I am not going to run away with a butt load of bumpers. therefore you have nothing to worry about. I have been really slow and I appoligize for that. I have realized one thing after doing this GB again, and that is there will be no more. I dont need the added pressure or headache added to my already heavy pressure life. you all will get your bumpers for thoughs of you who live with your parents or had your parents buy this for you. please tell them not to worry. I didnt make a single penny on this due to the amount of people who said they would join and didnt. that alone is an added headache. I will keep you posted every week or more and will let you know when the first 3 will be shipping out. if things go to plan I will be packaging the first 3 on sunday.

Micah
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 10/03/03 07:29 PM
And all in that post my frusturations were nunlified. Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear 3 bumpers failed but at least we all have a better idea of what is going on. Given you pulled through on the last GB I shouldn't have reason to doubt your word but again as the frusturation was building I needed to find out where you were at on this.

Thanks again.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 10/04/03 06:36 AM
Thanks for the update. Like I said dude, I will give you a bonus $50 extra just for your extra trouble you had to endure. I'm sorry that this GB hasn't been profitable for you, but I still will commend you on your courage to organize it for us who did try to make it worth your while. I think it had flopped because there was another GB for some other pre-98 body kit that kinda took people away from this one. I think that was part, but for whatever the reason(s), oh well, what's done is done, but I still just want to let you know that I appreciate the fact that you had this second group buy since I couldn't get in on your first one.
Could you please e-mail me or post something here when you ship mine? I am one of your first three on your list to get mine so you believe it may go out on Sunday/Monday?
Thanks again
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 10/04/03 06:55 AM
Micah,
I just PayPal'd you $50.00 kinda like a tip I guess
I know it's not a whole lot, but I hope it just helps you to feel more like, "Whoa, cool something went kinda good today". I just wish all the rest of the people who were on your original list wouldn't have backed out. Hopefully you didn't lose too much on this GB.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 10/04/03 10:49 PM
this g/b, parts 1 and 2, have been tough for micah...he lost alot of money out of pocket due to a shop changing the price on him and he would not pass it on the the buyers the first time around...this time i guess a few or alot of people backed out, i being one of them...i appologize for not making things any easier, but hell my tours dead so there was no point in me buying the bumper

i hope u all get yours soon...and as for micah, i dont blame u one bit for not doing another group buy like this...its just proving to not be worth it to u

props to u for what u've done for ceg
Posted By: 1WorldCar Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 10/13/03 09:26 PM
Just wondering if this GB is still going on, I may be interested in getting a front bumber.
Posted By: alibies Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 10/13/03 10:49 PM
if some of you are gona need to get rid of your sideskirts :-D im your man

a.i.m.=shibasticalibies
email=skate4lord@hotmail.com
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 10/17/03 10:01 AM
Any news on the schedule for the rest of the bumpers?
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 10/17/03 02:08 PM
yep, just got off the phone with them, they will have them ready by monday and they all should be shipping out come thursday, so everyone please send me your address and greyhound address plus phone number of both to me at pre98@trudellbio.com. this GB should be over before the end of next week.

Micah
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 10/17/03 09:27 PM
Cool!! Sent you an email with the address.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 10/18/03 07:45 PM
yep, just got off the phone with them, they will have them ready by monday and they all should be shipping out come thursday, so everyone please send me your address and greyhound address plus phone number of both to me at pre98@trudellbio.com. this GB should be over before the end of next week.

Micah

Ok just sent my email with all the info you requested. I used the email addy that is in my profile, which is onebadtour@yahoo.com Just so you know.

This is awesome news , it will be like x-mas in october. Once again thanks for all you hard work in this group buy. peace out.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 10/23/03 04:04 PM
TTT, Just in case some of you might have missed it.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 10/26/03 08:57 AM

Micah

Well, please break us the good news? Did they make Thursday's run?
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 SVT bumper *UPDATE* - 10/28/03 05:21 AM
I e-mailed Micah yesterday asking about update, and he said:

"I just quiet my job so I would have more time. Going to Vermont tomorrow and should have 3 of them shipped tomorrow please pass the word out. Thanks

Micah"

Posted By: Static Re: Pre98 SVT bumper *UPDATE* - 11/01/03 12:16 AM
any chance of getting one of these
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/04/03 03:29 AM
the first 3 have been shipped out.

rest will come soon.

Micah
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/04/03 04:09 AM
Good to hear. ETA on when the next 3 will be done?
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/04/03 06:00 AM
I assume that the first three were sent to:

Josch
Sigma
Bryan

As that is what you posted way back on July 2nd as the first 3 people to pay in full. Is that who got the first 3? I just want to know if I should be waiting in anticipation or not yet.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/05/03 05:56 AM
That is EXCELLENT news to hear!

So will my local Greyhound call ME when it comes in, or do I just have to periodically call-in and check with them every couple days until they get it in? How long does Greyhound usually take? Does anyone out there know?
Posted By: Slimshady Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/05/03 11:44 PM
Hey micah whats up bro, just read some of this post and once again, it never fails that people jump on in with two feet and dive on out with no guts which leaves you hung out to dry.

Anyway we need to hook up again next summer me and alex will be making our way up to canada again sometime in july of next year so hopefully you can meet up again and throw back a couple.

BTW: are you still with the same girl that we met two years ago?

PM me your cell #

Later!!
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/09/03 11:58 PM
So will Greyhound call me???

Is anyone there? Customer Service? Please help??

Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/10/03 03:16 AM
Greyhound will call you once they have it, then you will need to pick it up. When you receive it please let me know, there is no tracking with greyhound.

Thanks
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/10/03 06:15 AM
Micah,
Thank you very much for responding. I WILL surely let you know when it arrives.

Have a good evening!

Josch
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/13/03 12:12 AM
So has anyone actually gotten their bumper yet? I'm curious as to how they look. Also Micah you were going to give us weekly updates. Do you have one yet for those of us that are still waiting for our bumpers to be shipped?
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/13/03 12:19 AM
I'm kinda curious who the bumpers were shipped to... Still don't know if I should be waiting for a call from Greyhound or not.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/13/03 07:01 AM
the first 3 have been shipped out.

rest will come soon.

Micah

The above post was on 11-3-03 and today is the 12th and I called Greyhound yesterday and they don't have mine as of yet, so tomorrow will be going on 10 days and so pretty soon I will have to wonder if Micah got my address info correct of my Greyhound location, or I will have to wonder something else that sounds like a logical explaination? I have NO idea whatsoever what the expected wait times are for packages riding Greyhound parcel? Hopefully it's not 6-8 weeks like everything was back in the 70's

I'm going to go to the Greyhound website right now and see if I can guestimate something
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/13/03 07:16 AM
Ok, so I just went to Greyhound official website and did a check on estimated time and whatever for a six foot long package that weighs 100 pounds with a declared value of $300 (max) to go from NY to my town and it gave an ETA of: 3 days, 10 hrs, 5 mins

..but also said these are estimates and times cannot be guaranteed, so I really have no idea where in the world my new bumper is? But I'll let yall know when I DO get it
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/13/03 07:31 AM
I just hope I get mine within the next 3 weeks; after that I'll be moving; an issue I wasn't exactly forseeing months ago.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/14/03 01:15 AM
Ok, so I just went to Greyhound official website and did a check on estimated time and whatever for a six foot long package that weighs 100 pounds with a declared value of $300 (max) to go from NY to my town and it gave an ETA of: 3 days, 10 hrs, 5 mins

..but also said these are estimates and times cannot be guaranteed, so I really have no idea where in the world my new bumper is? But I'll let yall know when I DO get it

not to offend but this does not instill confidence.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/14/03 06:15 PM
if no one recieves there bumper by today, throw me a line. you should have recieved them by now. They cant put a solid time when delivery is but they are usally very very close. I will call greyhound today if no one recieves theres.

Micah
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/14/03 06:53 PM
You have a schedule when the rest will go out and to whom those will go to so I can know if I should be expecting one or not anytime soon...? Thanks
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/14/03 07:21 PM
You have a schedule when the rest will go out and to whom those will go to so I can know if I should be expecting one or not anytime soon...? Thanks

What he said.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/14/03 07:44 PM

What he said.

Ditto.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/15/03 12:48 AM
No bumper today.

Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/15/03 07:39 AM
No bumper today.

Ditto for me. Nothing here either
Posted By: bluecontour Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/16/03 04:39 AM
I got nothing from Greyhound Also
Bryan
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/19/03 12:04 AM
Micah hello? I'm getting concerned here. $400 several months ago with nothing to show as was promised not to long ago. What is the story. Really?
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/20/03 04:18 AM
Date shipped: 11-3-03

Today's date: 11-19-03

16 days of shipping.

Three people... same results thru Greyhound.

Prognosis: Perhaps Greyhound is not the most desireable way to ship things?

Could that be it? Hmm, it's got me wondering

PS- Looking forward to the results of your phonecall with Greyhound. Please let us know
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/20/03 01:33 PM
Greyhound is tracking the packages, I dont know what else to say. This thing has been a complete mess, What can I say? I have the rest of the bumpers and before I shipped 3 I had all the bumpers. I am not spending your money, because it has already been spent with getting the bumpers. I am not gonna run away with bumpers, trust me I dont ever want to see these bumpers again. I dont know what else to tell you, I will let you guys know when I know.

yes, greyhound isnt the best infact they are in the top worse for deliverys. If you can find someone that will ship them for under 150 then lets do it, if you want to spend the extra money to ship. I can ship with greyhound for around $20 give or take can go as high as 50 and as low as 15. if this is not what you want let me know, and we will ship another way. I am sick of getting stupid little hints that I am trying to lead you astray. if you want greyhound please sit down and wait. if you want something else please let me know.

Micah
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/20/03 07:35 PM
Micah no offense but you have promised a few things over the course of this GB that don't seem to materialize. I don't much expect that you would leave us high and dry, however the way things are shaping up it is certianly understandable why people are concerned. I also understand that things in your personal life have made this complicated. Unfortuneatley it is hard to hold sympathy when it has delayed things for half a year. A month or 2 I know most were understanding but we are beyond that. I know I will not get my bumper on this year now as I had hoped and that is a great disapointment. We are dealing with cars that are 97 and older. When you think about this even with the car most of us put into our cars one half a year is pretty substantial in terms of how much useful life there is left in the vehicle. Thus the worth of the bumper is lessened. I have a 95 and hope for 5 more years. Thus this 6 months relates to %10 less use for me. May sound petty but this is part of what I mentally used to justify this purchase. I my case the plan is/was for me to pick the bumper up from you. I wanted to make that happen before the snow started to fly. I will soon be to late for that. So with regards to that please shoot me an email to let me know where that stands. contourguy@hotmail.com

I know this hasn't gone as planned, nor did the first GB and for that I am sorry. Unfortuneatly we are all consumers that for the most part have been very understanding. It is understandable why there is frusturation now more then ever between us though. I hope everything works out in the near future for all involved in this GB including yourself.
Posted By: Nate S Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/20/03 10:23 PM
leave micha alone...im sure he's doing his best.
lighten up guys...besides, what did you expect from greyhound anyways?
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/21/03 06:58 AM
I'm leaving him alone, and I'm not hinting anything to anyone, but I am justified in sitting here, to wonder why Greyhound hasn't called me yet. I'm wondering if they will ever call. I'm wondering what kind of technical difficulties have occured at various levels of the transport system, that could have led to this delay. I'm wondering what that week's paycheck was for and what the actual bumper looks like in real life, that's all. Wouldn't you be wondering a little too, at this point? And last, I would've easily paid $100 to have my bumper freighted straight to my doorstep. That's how I got my rear SVT bumper to me. I had it freighted from a junkyard in New York to here and it was $90 to ship and it came on a nice pallet, shrink-wrapped and it was insured by the trucking company and all. I EVEN E-MAILED MICAH one day a while back to tell him that I would pay EXTRA money to have him freight mine to me right then so it wouldn't have to wait for the rest to go with it. But he never replied to that e-mail of mine. I would have much rather went that path, but unfortunately Micah doesn't like to answer every e-mail of his all the time. But it's ok, if I never see the bumper, I will take it as a loss, and figure out something else, and hopefully learn from this experience in the future. I already sometimes wish I would've just made my own SVT bumper out of 2 bumpers, or else bought one of those carbon fiber Part I GB ones that those guys were trying to unload here a while back. Then I'd have it on, painted and done right now. Oh well, life IS a bit of a gamble sometimes. My parents always used to tell me when I was a kid that I shouldn't gamble, so I always used to tell them that I would have to kill myself then, because life IS nothing but a series of constant daily gamblings. Everyday is full of tough decisions, and some bring you better, and some bring you worse. At least if I lost this bumper, it's not something permanent like losing a limb or getting Herpes or something. I still hope this bumper thing comes and Greyhound finds it somewhere in their system, but if I don't get it or there really were no bumpers in the first place, then I guess I just gotta count my blessings and be thankful it was just money. At least it wouldn't be like the time I fell 50 ft and broke my back and shattered both ankles, or the time I got electricuted and lost 3 fingers and had to get 10 reconstructive hand surguries along with having to suffer a week of constipation after you come off the anesthiesia after each surgery. Something so tiny as a front bumper would've just been nothing less than a mere week's worth of hard labor fixing cars all day. Life goes on

Sorry to ramble, but I'm just trying to be optimistisc on the possibly negative side
Posted By: Static Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/21/03 12:57 PM
why dont you guys just have micah scan in copies of the reciept. I know its not the best and the carbon copies are hard to see. but you can still get the number off of it and call greyhound just to see where it left from and were it was going. that way you will know he has done what he said he has done
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/21/03 03:22 PM
Good idea.

Micah, You can scan mine and fax it to 360-966-4667

I'll be waiting for it. I'll be here til 4:00pm PST today. Or I'll come back to the shop and get it tomorrow if I don't get it today. Let me know when you send it.
Thanks,
Josch
Greyhound certainly took they sweet time getting mine to me, and they didn't even try to call me either, I had to check up on them.... I've had the same experience with them a couple of times....
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/22/03 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Plastique_synthetiX:
Greyhound certainly took they sweet time getting mine to me, and they didn't even try to call me either, I had to check up on them.... I've had the same experience with them a couple of times....

Really, that sucks dude. Yeah, well hopefully that is all that is wrong here. I guess I will call Greyhound tomorrow and see if it's here yet.

But I would also like if Micah could scan those receipts and send me one, so I could go in there, armed with proof to them that they have my package somewhere in their system.

What do you think Micah? Is that possible?
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/23/03 01:19 AM
Man the memories of the 1st group buy which I was in. Waiting, and waiting, and waiting. But all was good when product was deliver 1 year and 3 months after full payment, paid 11/01 recieved it 01/03. I knew what I was gettin into as well as many of you did.

Micah you know i would have tried to help you out by buying another bumper from ya but timing was off.

Greyhound shippped mine fine and dandy, half way across the country, on time, in one piece.

Hope everything gets sorted out and people get there bumpers soon.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/25/03 04:22 AM
Micah? You here anywhere? It just feels like a dark black cave in here sometimes.

So should I expect my bumper before X-mas, or maybe by New Year? Or should I just sign it off as a donation to Somewhere, USA? I checked with Greyhound today and they still don't have nothin in under my name. And they told me once again that I need not worry, because they will call me when it comes. So what do I do from here. Do you have a Greyhound receipt you can fax me somewhere in your really busy life Micah?
Posted By: Static Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/25/03 03:36 PM
this thread is sad to watch but still funny cause micah hasnt posted since I said to post greyhound reciepts
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/25/03 05:31 PM
Yeah, if I had collected like $2500 of everyone's money and owed them all something for it, you bet I'd be giving them updates near daily just to reassure them that I was trying my absolute hardest to complete my end of the deal. I would think that this is my #1 responsibility of the GB is to offer good customer service to the participants within. If I didn't think I could complete that, then I wouldn't have ever started a GB in the first place. Most people are way more understanding than you think. But they just want to hear from the coordinator once in a while to know what is going on to fix any problems that are slowing down the GB from coming to a normal end.

Common please, seriously Micah, you gotta fire your computer up and check your correspondence a little more often than this. Please. I can have more patience if you didn't give me reason to believe that this isn't more than just a technical problem with Greyhound.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/25/03 05:57 PM
Yea it is funny that I havent been on sence you asked for a copy of the recipt, I think it is way to funny that I had to make an emergency trip to michigan for my fiance's grandmother this time, no really I can laugh with you guys on this one. wait, I have an idea I can fax and email all my fn recipts to michigan so you know I am not full of $hit. I think that is a great Idea, infact I appoligize next I have to make an emergency trip to michigan I should call everyone in this Gb and see if I can stop at your house to prove I was heading to michigan. maybe the reason why I dont give an update everyday is because there is nothin to update. and you know, its pointless to update when there isnt anything good enough to say.

UPDATE.

I revcevied a call from greyhound yesterday, I got it today because I arrived in NY last night around 8. I called them today and left a message, the person that called is going to be in around 4 they said, I should get a call back around then. I will post the latest update tonight after I get off the phone with him.

you know I have an idea, why dont you check last time I was on so you would see last time I checked it, then you would know I wasnt ignoring Idea's But rather I didnt look to see if anyone had responded.

Micah

P.s. Plastique_synthetiX, I need more people like you!!!!!

Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/25/03 08:10 PM
Thank you very much for the update.

PS- Do you want to be visible on the "Who's Online" screen? Because in 'preferences' it can be changed in case you want some privacy while your here.

Look, I'm not accusing you of any wrong doing at all. But I would like to add that not giving people speedy responses (as is the case in most of this GB string) definitely does not help to instill trust and faith into your customers. This is a business transaction here. Whatever emergency you may have had can EASILY be quickly explained by a 5 minute response to us here before you go or something. Just taking off without a peep is just like me not showing up for work and not even calling in to say something or give any kind of heads-up first. I would get fired. Without even a review. My boss would simply just snap his fingers and say, "Get the F*** out of here". This is the real world, so please don't get all offended, as you haven't exactly done your very best to make us feel all safe and cozy in this Part II GB. I am normally a pretty patient guy, but when I hear promises again and again that continually get broken, then it makes me wonder what IS true anymore. According to the faith of all the Part I GB'rs in the SVT bumper, they seem to say they all got theirs, so I'm going with that, as that's all the faith I really got right now. I DO appreciate your update, and I look forward to hearing from you again tonight, but I would still like to have a fax of the original Greyhound receipt, so I can do what I can from my end to find my bumper as well.
Thanks,
Josch

And I'm sorry to turn out to be such a pain in the a$$ but I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this whole fiasco
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/26/03 12:24 AM
Quote:

you know I have an idea, why dont you check last time I was on so you would see last time I checked it, then you would know I wasnt ignoring Idea's But rather I didnt look to see if anyone had responded.

Yeah, because not even coming online at all to take care of your responsibilities says so much more than just ignoring the posts. That doesn't exactly make you look any better.

Get over yourself, Micah. We all got problems, the world isn't down on you. I'm sorry you had to go to Michigan on an emergency, I really am, and I hope everyone's okay. It's perfectly alright that you couldn't come online, but don't get bitchy when people want to know the status of their money. Money's not a problem for me, but I don't make donations of $450 just for fun to people I don't know. Realize the fact that you haven't come through on anything that you said you would -- it doesn't give you the best track record when you take off for a while.

Like it or not, you took on a responsibility when you held this GB. Now, try stepping up and taking some responsibility for it. All you had to do was explain why you couldn't make it, and leave it at that. Do you have the same sarcastic, pass-the-buck attitude with your customers or boss?

I just came back from the Mazda dealership and will likely be buying a new Mazda 6 within the next few days, certainly not more than a couple months. A lot of good the bumper will do me now -- 6 months late. But I paid for it, and expect to see it soon.

And one more sarcastic, unneccesary, passive-aggressive attempt to insult your customers, and passing responsibility yet again, will definently be the last enticement I need to file a small claims suit.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/26/03 02:01 AM
Again Micah. I still await an email from you.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/26/03 03:23 PM
What was I supposed to email you about? I dont remember.

Update:

Greyhound called me this morning, told me I have three bumpers in NYC that will be returning to me due to Package Damage and some address damage whatever that means. they will be coming here today at 5:45 bus. I guess they have been sitting in NYC this whole time and now they just finially got to call me to let me know they are sending them back. I will be going to greyhound tonight to pick them up then will be repacking them. at this point if any wants to ship differently let me know, if not I will package them back up and try again. Please let me know before the weekend. for they will be shipping out before the weekend, and will go greyhound if no one mentions any other way.

As for getting over myself, I am sorry if I blew up. try to realize that this GB is more frustrating to me then it is to you, if that is possible. Know that I want this thing done 5 times more then you do. you only have to deal with one person (me) but I have to deal with all of you, and see my name get slammed threw the dirt. I want this over with. and I am doing my best, sorry if it isnt as quick as you would like. we all think that. including me. as for a reciept, I will try to dig one up. I have them somewhere but the main prob is I dont know which reciept goes to which bumper.

Micah
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/26/03 06:57 PM
What was I supposed to email you about? I dont remember.

Because I'd like to figure out a way to pick up my bumper. Prefferabley before the snow starts to fly.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 11/26/03 08:50 PM
Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear we still have something to hope for. Honestly. I'm not being sarcastic or anything. It really DOES make me feel better.

And I'm sorry if this GB has been rough on you Micah. I hope you get everything resolved ok in the end.

I really don't care what we do at this point as far as shipping goes, as long as I get my bumper. I'm going to hold you responsible for getting it to me in one piece. And if you think Greyhound is capable of doing that then send it using Greyhound, but if you think they will screw them up again, then ship it via freight directly to my address, and I'll pay for it. I just wanna get it, is the thing. And I want it all in one piece and not all broken with damaged packing and stuff. So I'll put it on your back. If you wanna be safer and freight it to me, then let me know how much it wound up costing you to ship and I'll re-emburse you or you can send it however you want. Just let me know what you wind up doing, and when I will get it, and if I owe you any more $$$ after the fact.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/01/03 05:40 AM
TTT
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/01/03 02:09 PM
if you can make it to montreal someday I am only about 45mins from there. I would give you instructions on how to get here. or we can work on something else if you think there is a better Idea.

I picked up the bumpers and inspected them, they all seem fine, just need to re package them. I am going to go with greyhound again, I feel they are good enough to get the job done. I am also going to repackage the bumpers some way so there are less chances of things going wrong.

Micah
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/01/03 04:19 PM
So you're shipping out all six this time or just the three first ones? Thanks for the update, tho.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/02/03 06:05 AM
Thanks for the update again.

Please let us know when they go out the door

Thanks,
Josch
Posted By: BDR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/02/03 01:59 PM
after all you went through in the 1st buy!
hope everythings alright with you homey!
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/05/03 07:17 AM
So what's up?

X-mas? New Year? 6 months? A year? How much time do you figure you need? Just need to know so I can plan my winter. Just started pulling my tranny to do clutch and CV axles. Since the subframe's coming off, I was wondering if I should go ahead and take the front bumper off to get more room. But it will only take me about a week or 2 of light evenings to finish my trans job, but if you think it'll be here within that time then I'll pull it off, but if not then I'll wait. I'd like to do it now, since I'm all in the shop and tore down
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/05/03 03:27 PM
I will take that wasnt sarcaism and simply wondering in a weird way.

you can take off the bumper as far as me shipping them, everyone will have them before the end of next week. as far as greyhound, everyone should have them before end of next week. I am not going to promise you a time with greyhound in the equation, but I will promise you I will have shipped then and they would leave my house well before the end of next weekend.

hope this helps
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/05/03 06:53 PM
Could you return my email please?
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/05/03 08:19 PM
I will take that wasnt sarcaism and simply wondering in a weird way.

you can take off the bumper as far as me shipping them, everyone will have them before the end of next week. as far as greyhound, everyone should have them before end of next week. I am not going to promise you a time with greyhound in the equation, but I will promise you I will have shipped then and they would leave my house well before the end of next weekend.

hope this helps

Cool, does that mean everyone thats in the group buy well get there's shipped by the end of next week???????

If so this will be the best x-mas gift ever.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/06/03 04:45 PM
Yeah, people always said I was weird, and different

Thanks for the responses. I will look forward to see the bumper by the end of next week then
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/08/03 01:38 AM
Good to hear.

Too bad my 'Tour went BOOM last week. Can't complain about the new Mazda 6s though.

I might be looking to sell my bumper cheap, if anyone's interested. The Tour's getting fixed but I don't foresee it lasting too long -- probably not long enough to warrant a bodykit and paint job. We'll see.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/08/03 08:57 AM
Micah again I long to hear from you. I am unexpectedly off this whole week and could make a trip to pick up the bumber. Please contact me.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/10/03 12:02 AM
Bump

Micah where are you?
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/10/03 01:51 PM
I did email you, I thought you told me to ship the bumper in your last email, you said quote " Have I paid for any shipping on my bumper? Was it part of the price? If so given the uncertian weather now upon us I will take the shipping" What do you want to do? if you are coming to pick them up let me know when and make sure either your seats fold down, and you have nothing in the trunk nor backseat or you are driving a different car all together. I am not sure how greyhound ships in canada but I can find that out.

UPDATE:
As for everyone else we are still on target, greyhound is calling me today to let me know when to come in and drop them all off.

Micah

Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/10/03 02:11 PM
I did email you, I thought you told me to ship the bumper in your last email, you said quote " Have I paid for any shipping on my bumper? Was it part of the price? If so given the uncertian weather now upon us I will take the shipping" What do you want to do? if you are coming to pick them up let me know when and make sure either your seats fold down, and you have nothing in the trunk nor backseat or you are driving a different car all together. I am not sure how greyhound ships in canada but I can find that out.

UPDATE:
As for everyone else we are still on target, greyhound is calling me today to let me know when to come in and drop them all off.

Micah

fyi they dont' ship to Canada. when I called (about a month ago) they didn't ship to Canada. may be different now.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/10/03 06:37 PM
Yeah I will come to pick it up. I don't think greyhound ships it either. I have my mystique and as long as you are sure it will fit I'll pick it up.

I will pm you the phone number. As long as I do this this week the weather should be ok. I was laid off for the week hence the reason I can do this now.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/11/03 01:16 PM
Droping off the bumpers need to verify all states and cities

1 Josch. Frendale, Wa

2 Mark Mills. Denton, Tx

3 Mark Butterworth. Oshawa, Ontario (although you are picking up)

4 Adam Prewett. Tecumseh, Ok

5 Bryan. Wayne, MI

6 Paul Ward. Pulaski, Va

is everyone correct?

Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/11/03 03:04 PM
Mark Mills is good.
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/11/03 04:29 PM
Paul Ward is good
Posted By: bluecontour Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/11/03 06:27 PM
Same with Bryan Boyd
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/11/03 08:00 PM
Adam Prewett is good. It will be going to the shawnee, oklahoma grey hound station though right?????
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/12/03 02:00 AM
Micah,

Josch Wilks is correct, and I live in Ferndale, WA.

BUT my nearest Greyhound is Bellingham, WA

WASHINGTON state that is, not DC
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/12/03 05:38 AM
I never heard back from you Micah after I left that phone message so...... I'll have to have it shipped. Let me know waht I'll have to pay in addition to get it here. Please don't use UPS though. Also if you can mark it as a gift it would save me in Duty and all that crap.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/15/03 03:20 PM
So it's the end of the week now. Have they shipped like you said? Did you or are you gonna give Greyhound my phone number so they can call me when package arrives at my Bellingham Greyhound location? How does that work?
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/15/03 09:18 PM
No they did not ship, They were supposed to all ship today (because thats the time greyhound gave me) but we got 25 inches of snow and everything is shut down. I will call them tommorrow and they should all go out tommorrow, just a day latter then greyhound wanted.

How greyhound works.

they will call you when it comes in, you can call them to check, but they always call you, from there you will have to go pick it up. Thats all there is to greyhound. If you did not send me your number then you will not get a call. so make sure you sent me the number.

Micah
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/16/03 06:23 AM
Micah. I'd like to think you are not ignoring me but I haven't heard from you yet.
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/17/03 05:36 AM
Micah,

I just PM'd you my phone number in case you lost it (I HAVE sent it to you before twice, along with my address and Greyhound location info), but just now I sent it again just in case you had a hard drive failure or something and lost it again
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/17/03 05:39 AM
By the way, did you get that the Greyhound location closest to me is in BELLINGHAM, WA, and NOT Frendale, WA (which is really Ferndale, WA- the actual town where I live at)???

Has your snow melted yet?
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/18/03 12:28 AM
Snow melted no.

Josch I looked on the greyhound website and am using the greyhound station you listed to me.

Mbb41, I am not ignoring you, I got your message to late on the day you left it. the bumper is here when ever you have a time, just let me know the day and come and get it.

I wasnt able to ship greyhound yesterday due to the greyhound station not letting it go out yet, I am expecting a call from them tommorrow.

Side note. If anyone is interested in having them painted, I can get a pretty awesome deal. Painted your color for $125 that includes everything, if anyone is interested let me know.

Micah
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/18/03 06:21 PM
I never heard back from you Micah after I left that phone message so...... I'll have to have it shipped. Let me know waht I'll have to pay in addition to get it here. Please don't use UPS though. Also if you can mark it as a gift it would save me in Duty and all that crap.

Micah maybe you missed this then.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/22/03 06:56 AM
?????
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/23/03 04:43 PM
I guess I did miss that, What is the deal with the paint? No paint or are people thinking about it. I have this guy next week so they could all get painted I just need to know. I know you wont find a better deal then that but if you dont want them painted or want them painted I need to know.

Micah
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/23/03 08:20 PM
just go ahead and ship mine asap.

thanks
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/23/03 09:28 PM
I will take paint. Assumming it doesn't hold me up on the shipping. Please contact me to let me know what we can do about this.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/24/03 04:28 PM
Thanks for the offer Micah, but I don't think I want to get mine painted. I'm not sure I'm going to keep it, as well as the fact that no two sources can ever paint Midnight Blue Metallic even close to the same. Even the cars aren't close to the same shade amongst themselves. I'll just wait until I collect a whole kit (if I decide to do it) and paint the whole car at once.

Thanks though
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/24/03 06:00 PM
No paint for mine. I know it would not be matched w/o a paint sample off my car (it's an aqua-green).

So when do you plan on shipping them again? My pulse rate is slowly but slowly starting to rise again, because I thought they would be going out a couple weeks ago like you had promised again, and a couple weeks has already passed again and still haven't heard anything. No updates, nothing. Just blind faith once again is all we got to hold on to. Don't tell me Greyhound has closed down due to snow for 2 weeks, because they always put salt on the streets that melts snow and the buses couldn't afford to go that long without transits. Can you please give a fair date about when you will have these bumpers done and shipped? I got my whole front end OFF my car now because YOU said I could go ahead and expect them soon. My clutch job is DONE now, but I still can't put my car back on the road because I don't have a front end, and I need my car back. Do you recommend I put my old bumper back on again? Will you at least have these bumpers shipped by spring? Could you please put a little priority on this, and let us know what is happening and give us a firm date? I DO realize there are some things that are out of your control in life, but nevertheless, you need to have better communication with your clients so we can work WITH you. DOes that sound fair to you?
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 12/31/03 04:53 AM
Hello, anybody there?

Are you on vacation?

Will we get them before spring at least?

Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/02/04 07:12 PM
Hello, anybody there?

Are you on vacation?

What he said.
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/03/04 04:48 PM
Hello, anybody there?

Are you on vacation?

+1
Posted By: bluecontour Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/05/04 05:56 PM
Hello Micah? Since this groupbuy has started i have been staying in the shadows trusting that you will get us our bumpers. but lately i am becoming a little worried about all of this. do we have to wait for the people who want their bumpers painted before ours get shipped or are the bumpers who are not painted have been shipped and we are waiting for them? all i am saying is that a little hi, im still here guys, dont worry the bumpers are coming would be nice. even if you are real busy 7 days a week 24 hours a day how long does it take to really just say hi so we dont have to keep wondering in the dark where you are. i am not mad or anything and i if the bumpers come in the spring then they do but just telling us youre still there would be nice.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/05/04 09:18 PM
Josch,

your shipped today, I could probally fax, email, or mail you a copy of the recipt if you would like, or I can just tell you it has shipped and should be there in 3 days you let me know.

Josch Wilks
Bellingham, Wa
360-***-2772

Gli # 3015494823
Zone E
Scale Weight 5.9 pounds

Where I shipped so you can call and verifiy 518-563-1480 But the guy there is new so he probally wont know much.

Cost 31.10
+ 3.00 insurance
+ 0.55 Fuel Charge
Total $34.65 x2 (shipped twice)

I think that is all the info I can give you Josch, but please let me know if you need more. I want to please customers like you.

Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/05/04 09:26 PM
Everyone else.

I will be shipping one per day this week sence greyhound will not get me a set date for bulk shipping. I am sorry I havent been writing, Basicly I am beyond burnt on this bumper and I dont want to leave a message or anything unless I have something. I havent had anything, I have been waiting on greyhound and thats about it. instead of waiting I will be travling every day to ship a bumper. You guys might hate me, but honestly this isnt a company I dont care if I get your buisness again, infact I know I wont because I wont be selling them. So I am sorry you feel lost when I dont respond, but in the end you will have your bumper. I am sorry if any of you feel like you got screwed, But realize none of you have been screwed any worse then me on this deal.

second Group buy ending still negative $3750, So I am sorry if I dont feel bad when you say you spent 400 and didnt get the bumper for 6 months. imagine spending 3750 and still dont have one for my car.

Micah
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/05/04 09:36 PM
Preping the bumper.

There are a couple of things everyone needs to do.

FIRST. Inspect the bumper before you leave greyhound. Do not take the bumper if it is messed up or destroyed, greyhound will only cover it if you tell them and refuse pick up. I will not refund you a penny so dont call me or email me if you pick it up and bring it home only to find out it is destroyed. this is greyhounds fault not mine therefore deal with them the day you go to pick it up.

SECOND. Make sure to spray undercoat on the back side of the bumper, this will seal any lose fibers.

THIRD. The fog lights and grill opening need to be trimed, they are not trimed so that people can customize the size they want.

FORTH. if you have recieved the bumper, and have questions or anything, contact me through email not through this forum. pre98@trudellbio.com

Thanks
Micah
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/06/04 12:07 AM
Ok where do things stand for the Canadian of the GB?
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/06/04 04:41 AM
now that is a good question, how far are you from Montreal? and do we know that greyhound will not ship to canada?

Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/06/04 08:17 AM
I am 6 hours from Montreal. Last I heard no Greyhound does not ship to Canada, I work in a place that ships and receives and We never have gotten anything from Greyhound.
Posted By: Tour VCT Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/06/04 06:13 PM
why dont you just pay for shipping via UPS? make your life easier, its probably like $100 - $150.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/06/04 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Tour VCT:
why dont you just pay for shipping via UPS? make your life easier, its probably like $100 - $150.

I do not wish to deal with UPS. Too many horror stories.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/08/04 04:31 AM
Mark Mills you bumper has shipped.

Zone E
Gli# 3015544280
denton Tx
469-***-4272

Shipping has gone up and I need to ask people to pay the diffrence if it affects you. Mark you bumper cost me 67.75 to ship. I cant afford to take more of a loss due to shipping cost. please donate at least 15.00

Eveyone else if the shipping cost less then 50 I will ship it no cost if it is more then 50 I will need you to cover the rest.

Thank you.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/08/04 04:56 AM
Micah, I'm between jobs at the moment (in the literal sense), but I will send you at least $25 by the end of the month.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/08/04 06:30 AM
Micah I may be able to come to Montreal or near there this Saturday. I have a second driver as I don't wish to do all 10-12 hours by myself. This assumes the weather is all good. Send me a Pm if this is a feasable plan. Otherwise we may be back to the whole shipping thing.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/08/04 07:22 AM
I'd definently fire him an email for something as time-sensitive as this Saturday.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/08/04 02:22 PM
I have a christmas party on my dads side this saturday ( I know its late) But depending on when you plan on hitting montreal I think it could possibly work, weather is supposed to be deathly cold -15F right now they are say it is -30F I dont know what that is in C but I am sure it is cold. heh. email me if you know any more detail like time frame and all.

Micah
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/08/04 05:58 PM
Email sent.
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/10/04 12:14 AM
I got my bumper today!

Still haven't decided if I'm going to sell it or not.

It's in perfect condition and looks great. I'd love to see it on my car, but I don't know if it'll end up there or not.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/10/04 04:44 AM
Congrats dude.
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/11/04 10:21 PM
So how are things looking with the other bumpers? Let me know if I have to throw in some more money for shipping..
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/15/04 02:08 PM
I havent shipped the other bumpers yet due to time, and weather. we are having an artic blast right now with tempatures no warmer the -5. I will be shipping possibly friday sence they said it will be warmer then.

Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/15/04 02:12 PM
have you recieved the bumper yet?
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/16/04 05:42 AM
Yeah, I got mine on Sunday. Thx for that. Looks good as far as your concerned. But as far as the manufacturer is concerned, the quality isn't what I had expected. The material is not near thick enough! I figured they'd at least be as thick or strong (resistant to flexibility) as OEM bumper is. The bumper I got is about as rigid as, and reminds me just like a model RC car hard top shell/body. That is too thin for me. I must thicken it up before it would even come close to being rigid enough to make me feel comfortable having it on a car's front end as a body part.
The mold's form looks very nice though. I give it an A+ there, but there are several surface flaws, and a couple of flaws on the sharp corners, in the wheelwell area. It looks like not all the fiber got covered up fully in resin on one corner. They are repairable areas, but you can definitely tell the manufacturer was in a hurry and level of perfection on this job was not first on their list of priorities. This is just my finding. I have no idea how all the others turned out.
So I hope I can fiberglass a couple more layers inside the bumper without totally distorting or ruining the form of it or anything. Because I don't want something so thin that it will flex from the wind at 100mph or anything like that. I just want it to be as rigid as a stock bumper. Hopefully I, (a novice plastician'er), can figure out how to do this. Or I could pay another several hundred dollars more for somebody else to do this for me at a local bodyshop here. All for a car that books out at $2315 retail (kbb.com). Oh well, the things people do for a dream. Although, completing this one almost seems very illogical, I will likely finish it, so I will be able to have closure from this goal I had previously set out on. I'm sure it will pay off, if I keep the car for a nother 2-3 years more to be able to reap the fruits of my labors.

As for YOU Micah, thank you for completing your end of the deal. You did your part. Everything turned out ok in the end as far as you're concerned. You got us our bumpers, and I realize we got impatient at times, and communication was poor at times, but nevertheless, all went through. Hopefully we all learned something from this GB, be it patience, the need for communication, or that you may never want to do any type of GB again, whatever it may be? Anyways, thanks for your undying effort to bring us these bumpers. Mine may not be exactly what I thought it would be, but it's basically the foundation (which is what was worth all the price I guess). I'm sure I'll get it to work just fine as long as I can make it more rigid.
Anyways
Thanks again,
Josch
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/19/04 10:12 AM
I havent shipped the other bumpers yet due to time, and weather. we are having an artic blast right now with tempatures no warmer the -5. I will be shipping possibly friday sence they said it will be warmer then.

Was just wondering if you shipped anymore bumpers???? Was just wondering if I would be getting my bumper soon because I'm next on the list. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Static Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/19/04 08:09 PM
Yeah, I got mine on Sunday. Thx for that. Looks good as far as your concerned. But as far as the manufacturer is concerned, the quality isn't what I had expected. The material is not near thick enough! I figured they'd at least be as thick or strong (resistant to flexibility) as OEM bumper is. The bumper I got is about as rigid as, and reminds me just like a model RC car hard top shell/body. That is too thin for me. I must thicken it up before it would even come close to being rigid enough to make me feel comfortable having it on a car's front end as a body part.
The mold's form looks very nice though. I give it an A+ there, but there are several surface flaws, and a couple of flaws on the sharp corners, in the wheelwell area. It looks like not all the fiber got covered up fully in resin on one corner. They are repairable areas, but you can definitely tell the manufacturer was in a hurry and level of perfection on this job was not first on their list of priorities. This is just my finding. I have no idea how all the others turned out.
So I hope I can fiberglass a couple more layers inside the bumper without totally distorting or ruining the form of it or anything. Because I don't want something so thin that it will flex from the wind at 100mph or anything like that. I just want it to be as rigid as a stock bumper. Hopefully I, (a novice plastician'er), can figure out how to do this. Or I could pay another several hundred dollars more for somebody else to do this for me at a local bodyshop here. All for a car that books out at $2315 retail (kbb.com). Oh well, the things people do for a dream. Although, completing this one almost seems very illogical, I will likely finish it, so I will be able to have closure from this goal I had previously set out on. I'm sure it will pay off, if I keep the car for a nother 2-3 years more to be able to reap the fruits of my labors.

As for YOU Micah, thank you for completing your end of the deal. You did your part. Everything turned out ok in the end as far as you're concerned. You got us our bumpers, and I realize we got impatient at times, and communication was poor at times, but nevertheless, all went through. Hopefully we all learned something from this GB, be it patience, the need for communication, or that you may never want to do any type of GB again, whatever it may be? Anyways, thanks for your undying effort to bring us these bumpers. Mine may not be exactly what I thought it would be, but it's basically the foundation (which is what was worth all the price I guess). I'm sure I'll get it to work just fine as long as I can make it more rigid.
Anyways
Thanks again,
Josch

I know what you mean man I got one from a guy that got it from micah and the whole thing is gonna have to be resurfaced with bondo and get cleaned up a lot before its ready for paint. its on the car now for its test fit but its comming off as soon as its warm so I can start preping it
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/20/04 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Big Poppa:

I know what you mean man I got one from a guy that got it from micah and the whole thing is gonna have to be resurfaced with bondo and get cleaned up a lot before its ready for paint. its on the car now for its test fit but its comming off as soon as its warm so I can start preping it

Yeah, tonight I finally got my wife out to look at it (what this 'gift' was she had gotten me for my birthday last June was). She got mad at me, and said $450 for that cheap lookin, flimsey, POS??? Then she asked me how come it looked so ugly. Then I had to sit there and defend it for like 15 minutes or so and try to get her to see the 'vision' of what it will look like all painted and on. She even noticed right off the bat that it was way flimsier and flexible/squishey material than the original OEM bumper is. Then she sais, "what if your friend comes over like he always does and rests his foot on it like he always does when he comes over and you guy sit and bull$hit?" Then that dawned on me, that I really need to somehow thicken this thing up and make it stronger and stiffer! Right now it's only strong enough for a car show, but I doubt it would survive the real world. I also am remembering way back when my insurance company said my old back bumper needed to be replaced way back when somebody had rearended me and it just had a TINY little gouge in one little spot (because they said it would cost more to fix the gouge in labor than the bumper was worth), and this pre-98 SVT bumper is all crude lookin just about anywhere you look at it. So I can tell that I really need to learn plasticianing so I can do all this myself, or it's gonna cost me like a grand or 2 to prep and paint this thing. Because I want the perfection level to be like OEM new. Not all rigged lookin. I still wonder if it wouldn't have been cheaper to cut and paste 2 OEM bumpers together to make an SVT one? Oh well. I hope all this trouble is worth it in the end? I'm having trouble seeing the light in the end of the tunnel at this point. It's hard to ignore my wife's points, because her judgement is not clouded by the 'want' or the 'desire'. She just talks 'logic', in that it's just a car

....gasp
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/20/04 05:33 AM
Well josch,

sence you are being so blunt, I think I am going to. Plastic is different then fiberglass, really different I dont know if you know that or not. oem bumpers are made alot at a time not 30 total, my orginal bumpers that I made for the first GB were just as thin and felt the same and guess what, I could sit on them when they were on the ground. at that time I was pushing 280lbs so I dont think you know what you are talking about at all. 2grand? give me a Fn break, I hope the place includes some type of lube before they ram you in the a$s. these bumpers must have flex in them or else there will be trouble. you see plastic has a flex in it, these have more of a flex due to different material. if the fiberglass was as rigid as the oem there would be problems, we already tried it. you see the 1/4 panels will bend down instead of pulling the bumper up, which means damaged 1/4 panels. these bumpers use plane fiberglass, and resin. ever been on a plane? if so how bout window seat by the wing? ever noticed how the wings move like crazy? although differnt material then oem and my bumper still the basic reason is the same. But go ahead and make it stronger then oem. spend 2grand, I dont care. But dont talk out your A$$ if you dont know what exactly you are talking about, and next time you have time. try to make a limited quanity bumper and see how they turn out. my bumper has survived 5mph accidents and being hit by animals, to me thats strong enough considering these arent even the safety bumper thats behind this bumper.

Micah
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/20/04 06:57 AM
Micah,

Sorry if I was unclear before, but I never claimed to be an expert in custom bodywork. I know little about working with fiberglass. I am a certified master automotive technician, and even though my specialty is in automotive repair, I do know a little about a lot of other things, and I understand the whole thing about not wanting to be too firm just fine. But just a little firmer than what I got would have made me possibly feel more comfortable? This is like RC car shell thin. I WILL definitely go talk to my bodyman connections and get some professional opinions first before moving on with the install and painting process. I worry that fiberglass can only flutter and flex so many times before the fibers start to separate. It IS true that some things can flex forever and it is good for them to be able to absorb shock, I don't know if fiberglass that thin should be stressed that much. Even look at the old Corvettes that were mostly fiberglass bodied. They had rigid panels that resisted too much flex. I understand that you wanted flexibility around where they unite to the front quarters, but I just wonder if I should strengthen it in other areas is all, or even mount some auxillary support brackets in some places to give extra resistance to deflecting in some places. I will have to figure out the best approach. Maybe your right, and I don't need nothin, but I will make sure I know this before I move on to make a decision on what to do and what exact approach to take. What I got though is good as I got the foundation, and again I say thanks to YOU for that. Like I said before, you did your part ok, and I got the bumper. I'm happy for that. It has a very nice nice shape. Read my first response about the bumper since after I got it. That is the one I stand to. The second response was after my wife had just got done chewing me out for this bumper. I sit down now, and realize that for the money it was still a good deal, just be it for the mold to get this look on this car. I realize that it is expensive to hire out companies to do work on such a custom level. But CLEAR that it is NOT ANY OF YOUR FAULT, I wonder why the manufacturer couldn't have spend like 10 extra minutes on all the corners and done a better smoother job.
I will survive. I WAS indeed being blunt as I was just trying to give my honest opinion of what I thought of the overall workmanship of the bumper. This does not mean that I don't like it, but I'm just trying to figure out what I need to do to make this project get done. I will figure it out don't worry. I'm sure I will likely be an expert in glasswork when I get done with this project. Which will be good, because I have a 25' boat that I need to install a new fiberglass/wood deck to this spring.

By the way, sorry if I agitated your earlier, as you have every right to get defensive. I will try to go collect all the data from pros before I go rattling my trap about anything.
Posted By: bluecontour Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/21/04 02:15 AM
Hey Micah i was just wonderin if you sent anymore bumpers out? If so How many? I was just wondering cause my b-day is on the 9th of feb and it will be cool if i can get mine by then. i should be four or five on the list so if everything goes to plan MAYBE i will have it by then
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/21/04 08:56 PM
The will have your bumper before your birthday.

I am sorry everyone who is left, we had a real cold spot which I will not ship in and the last few days have been to busy, they will be going out though so dont worry.

Micah
Posted By: bluecontour Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/23/04 05:07 PM
Cool Thank you very much Micah i know times have been Tough and you have stuck through it for us .
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 01/23/04 05:59 PM
Hey Micah any update on the Canadian shipping front?
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 02/03/04 06:41 PM
Micah long time no hear from you whats the story for me?
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 02/06/04 01:53 PM
helloooo...?
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 02/08/04 12:50 AM
Normally, I wouldn't do this in a thread like this, but since Micah isn't make any of these bumpers anymore anyways... I'm selling the one I got from Micah. It's in the classifieds.

http://www.contour.org/classifieds/classifieds.php?t=1&c=5

And I sent you some extra money Micah, to cover your shipping costs.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 02/09/04 06:41 PM
1badtour yours was going out today, but I dont have any phone number for you. so I cant send it. so today Bryan (bluecontour) will be shipping out. I am leaving now to get it done. 1badtour please email me your number so I can ship it out tommorrow. No news on Canadian buyer. my fiance still hasnt gone and the painting guy is delaying, if there is a time you are going to be around here let me know and we will work it that way.

Micah
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 02/09/04 06:43 PM
scratch that, bryan I dont have your last name, therfore cant ship it. please email me that. Paul ward is the lucky winner today.
Posted By: bluecontour Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 02/09/04 06:47 PM
Micah It has been over two weeks and no reply on what is going on. i am starting to get antsy and impatient because you have the bumpers. the weather cant be to bad i have been watching the weather channel to see. Unless you have to drive way out of your way to ship these bumpers then i wnant to know if they have been shipped. or there is an excuse. Today is my birthday and i havent gotten my bumper yet i will wait till the end of today and if i dont get it by then i want to know what the deal is obsivisouly you dont want the bumpers to take up all the space in your house. Like i said a while ago it is nice to know what the progress is even if there is none. just coming on and letting us know your still there is nice. i even tried calling you and you havent picked up. at all times of the day and on weekends. just reply to this so we can know what is going on.
Posted By: bluecontour Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 02/09/04 06:49 PM
My Last name is Boyd and forget about all that my parents are killing me about this bumper ordeal thanks for the info and hopefully everything will be better in the end.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 02/09/04 09:03 PM
1badtour yours was going out today, but I dont have any phone number for you. so I cant send it. so today Bryan (bluecontour) will be shipping out. I am leaving now to get it done. 1badtour please email me your number so I can ship it out tommorrow. No news on Canadian buyer. my fiance still hasnt gone and the painting guy is delaying, if there is a time you are going to be around here let me know and we will work it that way.

Micah

I just sent you my number to both of your emails. I should be next on the list before bluecontour because thats the order paid. So I hope you get mine out tomorrow. Thanks for all your hard work in this,I hope things work out for you. Please reply to this letting me know you got my number.
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 02/10/04 01:44 PM
scratch that, bryan I dont have your last name, therfore cant ship it. please email me that. Paul ward is the lucky winner today.

So mine went out yesterday? Sweet
Posted By: VaTech_95SE_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 02/14/04 01:37 AM
Got it today. Thanks for coming through on this even though it took a while. Now I can have a nice car again for spring break

Awesome bumper!
Posted By: bluecontour Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 02/16/04 03:10 PM
Hey Micah I was wondering if there is any update and if you got 1BADTOURs and my info?
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 02/25/04 07:27 PM
I appolgize for the deley response. I have not recieved any info from you 2, I needed a phone number for adam and a greyhound station, once I get that I will ship out.

pre98@trudellbio.com
micah@liquid-computers.com
mjt1979@hotmail.com

please mail to one or all of these address's

Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 02/25/04 07:52 PM
Originally posted by bluecontour:
Hey Micah I was wondering if there is any update and if you got 1BADTOURs and my info?

I just talked to micah on windows messenger and he said me and yours will ship out on friday. I gave him my info when we talked. So be looking for the shipping info on friday. Man I can't wait its almost here.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/01/04 10:37 PM
hey guys, I just got a call from greyhound, the bumpers shipped today, I guess they missed the pm bus on friday, anyways they are on there way and should be at your places sometime mid or end of this week. thanks for being patient.

Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/02/04 12:04 AM
K time for mine Micah. Any word on the paint?
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/02/04 06:34 AM
No word at all the guy kinda jumped ship. I will keep on trying to reach him, but if we can meet up some time lets do it. Keep me posted if you think there is a week or weekend. I think I could get to cornwall if you could get there. let me know.

Micah
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/02/04 07:35 AM
K what about this weekend then? Its the only one I have free for a while it looks like.
Posted By: bluecontour Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/03/04 08:22 PM
Guess what i got today? thats right my bumper. it is in good condition. just has 1 4-5 inch crack on the top of the bumper nothing bondo cant fix. i just have one big question for you micah where in the heck are the holes to mount it. there are NO mounting spots for the bumper. i checked the one i have on my car and there are these half circles that come on the bumper and there are none on my new bumper. these have the spots to mount the bumper unless svt bumpers mount on different. other than this the bumper is all i have hoped for and thank you micah for coming through with your word.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/03/04 08:37 PM
There are no holes in th enew bumper. Easiest way people hve siad to have done it is to turn the old bumper upside down, and clamp it to the to of the new one, then transfer the holes from the old to the new. i just eyed mine up and then went from there.

glad you joined the crowd!
Posted By: bluecontour Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/04/04 04:06 AM
Did yours have the tabs or did you just drill holes near where the bumper holes would be? Or is it top of the bumper long enough that you can drill holes. I am going to get it done professionally when i get my car painted in a month or so. unless it is easy to put it on? is it thanks
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/04/04 06:38 AM
Hah I've left you a couple messages can you please give me a call or something?
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/04/04 06:43 AM
I have been busy, Sorry it has taken me a while, can we meet in cornwall? if so what time? I would like to get it done early but not to early Like cornwall at 12 or something, does this work? let me know by phone. Thanks

Prefer Saturday
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/04/04 06:58 AM
Saturday would be good 12 may be a little early as I work till 1 the night before.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/04/04 02:58 PM
What time are you thinking then? Cornwall is about 3hrs from me. I dont want to make it to late in the afternoon.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/04/04 05:12 PM
1 or 2 sounds good to me. I just need some sleep since it is 4.5 hours from here making for a 9 hour round trip.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/05/04 06:01 AM
All right, Thanks again Micah. I now have my bumper and that ends this GB. Thanks to all. Now time for bondo and paint.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/05/04 08:40 AM
All right, Thanks again Micah. I now have my bumper and that ends this GB. Thanks to all. Now time for bondo and paint.

Dito I got my earlier today. Let me say it looks great and I'm glad I have one of these rare bumpers. Now if I could find out what bumper number I have I would be in business.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/05/04 04:46 PM
Now that this GB is done. CAN SOMEONE DELETE THIS POST!!!!!!
Posted By: Static Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/09/04 03:36 AM
Originally posted by 1BADTOUR:
Now if I could find out what bumper number I have I would be in business.

why? who cares....
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/13/04 09:46 PM
Micah,
By the way, thanks for all your effort. Bet your glad to have wrapped this up. Mine's going to get painted and fitted later this spring after I pay some other bills first. I think it's going to work good, and look great
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/14/04 01:46 AM
Well I fitted mine on today and drilled the holes all up. Need to reinforce the bottom thouh as it creaks and cracks when you pick it up. Thanks again Micah I can't wait till I have it painted up.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/23/04 05:57 PM
To those that have there bumpers and have had them painted. Specifacally the Fiber glass ones. Did your body shops complain about all the filling they need to do and take longer then they quoted to you? I was promised my bumper last Friday and it is still not complete as of yet. I'm really disapointed in the shop. They promise to call and don't. This leads me to beleive they are making excuses. Furthermore. They told me @ 3 on Friday to come and get the bumper @4 as it would be ready and of course it wasn't. They were priming it and "it is showing all of its flaws" was what they told me. They took me into the paint booth and it certianly was pitted. It would seem they had filled the big holes but never did anything else. I would have assumed (and I don't paint for a living) that a coat of putty or something would have had to be spread over the bumper in the first place and they did not do that. Am I mistaken in that belief? Anyways your inputs would be great. Thanks.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Pre98 Svt Front end Part 2 - 03/23/04 07:43 PM
I have a fiberglas bumper. WHen i took mine in on monday, he told me it would be done on friday. He said that since it a job for the busines, kinda a personal on the side type job, that he could only work on it after hours. He has to recover the whole bumper and then reshape it. Making sure to smooth everything out. Mine came out looking smooth as anything. He did a great job. I paid 450 for him to do all the work to that, paint my fiberglass hood and fix the few nick in it, and do all the prep/ paint work the the svt sides. I was qouted at another shop just 450 for the front bumper alone. SO i made out well.

Hope you get your stuff straightened out soon.
© CEG Archives