Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: onosway ..:: Kaotic Innovations 98+ Widebody ::.. - 04/27/03 11:32 PM
This post is meant for those already in the group buy for the 98+ body kit (C27) put together by Terry (Hellahydro). I will have pix of this kit up soon but need to know how many people are interested since I am also looking to get a good deal on 25mm wheel spacers for those people how want to get the whole widebody feel.

Here is the pricing for the widebody per Chris at Kaotic Innovations, Terry and myself:

For those of you who already are IN the group buy we will be selling the widebody for $425. This will be an exclusive price for those people in the C27 body kit group buy and is designed to go with this body kit.

This will consisit of:
* A left and right fiberglass fender replacement
* Add-on peices of the front bumper (can be bolted on or molded)
* Rear flare pieces for back bumper, body panel and doors (can be bolted on or molded)

POST HERE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS UPGRADE SO WE CAN ASSESS INTEREST
lol, well i got my answer, but ill let ya know for sure after i see the pics!
i know i dont have a post 98, but from what i understand from terry, these kits will be made for the pre 98s.

what will kaotic do about the stock fenders? im assuming the stock fender lip will have to grinded away to make these functional? i would like to run 245 mm tires without a problem.
I am interested in the wide body kit and the hood as well. What is the time frame for this production to be paid for in full and shiped out? I want the wide bodya nd hood but I am going to need 3 or 4 weeks to get the rest of my money together. What are the fenders going to be like? are they bolt on or are they full replacements? thanks-Doug
pics needed!!!!
for the pre98s, will this work with the sides and rear of the kit, but with the pre98 svt bumper?
I am definatly in on this. How much longer will this add to the shipment of my kit? And how much are we looking at for the 25mm wheel spacers? Also I just bought 18"cdr9s and since we are changeing the fenders, are there different options on what tires will fit?
Thanks,
Doug
The entire kit w/widebody, hood and body kit will shave off about 50lb from an SVT.

Pre98 people please wait (hehe - as usual) - your day will come don't rush into this kit just to modify it (for those pre98 people who bought the 98+ c27 kit (hella kit, kaotic kit or whatever other names have come up).

The widebody comes out about an inch and a half from my 18" ADR wheels with 225 kdw-2's.

The front is a FENDER REPLACEMENT - the back will obviously have to be shaved to clear wider wheels (or spacers)
Originally posted by XKontour98:
What are the fenders going to be like? are they bolt on or are they full replacements? thanks-Doug

Reread the original post.
What you will see on my car is the entire kit molded with 25mm wheel spacers (whenever we get them). I'll try to get pics of what a bolt-on-look looks like - there's an issue of super street magazine (or import tuner) that has a widebody is300 with the widebody bolted on. It's a nice look too if that's what you like.
damn if someone gets all the options thats gonna be around 2G's on just looks alone
Originally posted by nyceboi:
The front is a FENDER REPLACEMENT - the back will obviously have to be shaved to clear wider wheels (or spacers)

thanks thats what i needed to know.

Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
damn if someone gets all the options thats gonna be around 2G's on just looks alone

who cares its just money!
I want the wide-body!!!

Jared
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
who cares its just money!

EXACTLY!
i wonder how much body shops are gonna be chargin for molding it on...i may have to save up for this when it comes up for pre98s
I'm Interested!!
Mike
Okay so everybody who was in the c27 (terry/hella's kit) group buy - I will be accepting full payment when Terry accepts payment for the c27 kit. This is only open to those who are in the initial group buy! We will go into production with this kit sometime in the summer for those who did not get in first. The people who were in it from the start are getting a considerable discount though.

Expect everything to be shipped together! This will reduce shipping costs

The front bumper part is unfinished - there is a piece that connects it all together
looks like you guys did a little more work on the hood too

so the over fender keeps going on to the little piece of the front bumper
I have a ? about the rear fenderwell. Right now with 17's and 45 series tires I'm tucking a little bit of the tire. I've got koni's and eibach's for the stance. The ? is with the spacers for the true widebody look is there anyway to get around having to raise my car back up so the lip of the fender doesn't ride on my tire? Sorry if this is confusing!
Thanks,
Mike
I'm going to have Chris answer this question but let me put it this way - if you put 25mm spacers on you car right now what would happen? The widebody on the rear is not a fender replacement - it's an add on to what's already there. It's simply bolt on - all you do is drill holes and mount or mold.
You would have to raise the car or cut out the fender lip and bottom and then mold a new fender lining to the add on flare...nyceboi: it is the same i dea as what i am doing to the civic.
I thought I read something a while back about putting large spacers on our cars. They said that the wheel bearings couldn't handle the additional stress. You might have to put the heavier Mondeo wheel bearings on.
When will the money for this be collected. I can send it whenever you want. Should I send it to Hella or who? Also did you get any good prices on the spacers?

Thanks,
Doug
Okay so everybody who was in the c27 (terry/hella's kit) group buy - I will be accepting full payment when Terry accepts payment for the c27 kit. This is only open to those who are in the initial group buy! We will go into production with this kit sometime in the summer for those who did not get in first. The people who were in it from the start are getting a considerable discount though.

Expect everything to be shipped together! This will reduce shipping costs

Posted By: Lazzzy Re: ..:: Kaotic Innovations 98+ Widebody ::.. - 05/08/03 11:53 PM
Hey anyone thats gettin a wide body and wants to get rid of their stock front right fender for a 98+ (I'd prefer it be T-red) PM me please... Mines been damaged pretty badly...
Terry asked for, and got my full payment a few months back, so I was not sure.
i'm not sure about which companies do this, but there are a few wheel companies that can make the rims with different spacing from the factory so if you don't have rims and are going to get this and get this kit that may be a way to look so you don't have to get the seperate spacers
well..if you guys have the money... we can make custom wheels I'm afraid I might get burned @ the stake if I say the price so I'll let Chris handle this one too
My company can make a custom rim for your car. Price can vary dependent on the style I make.
Originally posted by Crofty59:
My company can make a custom rim for your car. Price can vary dependent on the style I make.

Does your company make 3 piece wheels?
Yes they can.
For those who have paid for the widebody or have made deposits on one -

please send $450 to junkmail@nyceboicreations.com via PAYPAL to secure your widebody for delivery with your body kit. Shipping costs will be determined by Kaotic and paid through Terry/Hellahydro.

THANK YOU!
Whats up I would prefer not to use paypal so could you post an address to send a money order to. Oh, and I allready paid the $650, so I will be sending $425. Thanks for all the hard work, and for helping this become a reality

peace,
Doug
opps..yeah it's $425 not $450

PM me and we can go from there if you do not wish to use PayPal.

I know they are not the greatest pictures but i gives you an idea of what is going on. I hope you like it. I am begining work on a new rear bumper. I will post pics soon.
That looks freaking great, thanks for the pic's. I can not wait untill this kit is installed.

Just out of curiosity how many others are making the upgrade to the Widebody kit?
please stop now!!! everytime u post pics im kicking myself with jealousy!!!!
YOU MONSTER! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER?!

she's beautiful....
For those who have paid for the widebody or have made deposits on one -

please send $450 to junkmail@nyceboicreations.com via PAYPAL to secure your widebody for delivery with your body kit. Shipping costs will be determined by Kaotic and paid through Terry/Hellahydro.

THANK YOU!

- friendly reminder
question....in looking at the "hella" front, i see you went as far as keeping the "dips and lines" in the bumper as to flow with the rest of the car....furthermore you see that the widebody portion simply sits over the the dips and lines as if they disappear below the widebody....my question is that since the front is a fender replacement, the sides are new skirts as well as pieces for the doors so then you have four pieces left to attach....would these match up with the stock svt kit? i mean how close are we talking, cause if it takes just little bondo and fiberglass, and you wanted to get the widebody molded anyways, shouldnt be a big deal? btw, the kit looks fuggin sweet.....

one other thing, you mentioned custom wheels? how bout some 17x7 2003 cobra replica wheels?
I am still waiting for you to p.m. me the address in Cali to send my money order too. Or should I just send it to the address I sent my $650 to?
Originally posted by csc99svt:

I'll respond to your questions after I go there on Friday.
sounds good bud, thanks.
The money order is in the mail. Any idea on turnaround time my body guy is wandering?
I have an update on my shipping info.(guy moved shop up the road)

Ship to:
Roberts Restorations
4275 Acker Rd. #3
Madison W.I. 53704

But please ship either before or after June 19-July 5 he will be out of town. Any idea on how much shipping will be for the whole 12 piece kit? Thanks again for everything.

peace,
Doug
what did the guy say about the widebody on a stock svt and what about the custom wheels? have a good memorial day weekend everyone!
Originally posted by Doug Christman:
I am still waiting for you to p.m. me the address in Cali to send my money order too. Or should I just send it to the address I sent my $650 to?

I HAVE YOUR PAYMENT!
Sweet, thanks for letting me know. I can hardly wait for this kit.
DEADLINE: JUNE 15th, 2003 is the deadline to get the widebody @ $425. All orders after the date will be subject to the full retail price. This GB is only open to those involved in the c27+ kit.

Just curious, but will we have to remove our door ding guards in order to mount the widebody?
You can mold around it but the kit is designed for use without ding gaurds.
Posted By: sacd3 Re: ..:: Kaotic Innovations 98+ Widebody ::.. - 11/21/03 09:12 PM
none of the pics are showing up can some one please repost them????
Originally posted by sacd3:

check out kaotic innovations website.
Posted By: sacd3 Re: ..:: Kaotic Innovations 98+ Widebody ::.. - 11/23/03 06:09 PM
the only pictures I found were of the orange contour, is that the kit???
Yeah , its the finished kit on the car and photoshopped orange.
Originally posted by FLCEGkid:
Yeah , its the finished kit on the car and photoshopped orange.

NO! the widebody is not on the svt thats photoshopped orange. its just the standard kaotic kit.

You dug up a FIVE MONTH OLD post to ask for a repost??? Where's Todd??

www.kaoticinnovations.com

they got the pics there
© CEG Archives