Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives

Hey CEG'rz:
It's thats time guys. I'm hosting the Group Buy on these fully functional hoods fiberglass hoods. I need to check interest on these first - the hoods will go into production after the body kit by Kaotic goes in. Those who bought the body kit have the opportunity to get these hoods along with the body kit order as to reduce shipping cost and time.

The GB price of the fiberglass hood is $350 (you do not have to be in the body kit group buy for this hood) There is a fast turn around (2-3 weeks) on this item but it will go into production after the bodykit is in production.

The hood will consist of:
* Full functional hood scoop - we are currently working on a box set up to route the air to the intake or leaving it open. In either case we are taking into consideration things like water entering the passage.
* new hinges

You will have to reroute the ground wire on the stock hood to the firewall or some bare metal piece.

Hood pins are required but you will have the option of having us drill the holes for you or you can opt not to have that done.

More details on the hood after the body kits go into production. Post here if you are interested
intrested, but how much will the whole kit be?
I'll be interested in the pre-98.
interested
Originally posted by DocSVT:

What do you consider the whole kit? If you mean the c27 kit (the Group Buy is over for this) $650, hood $350, widebody $425

You're looking at $1425 plus shipping (GB Price)

interested!
Originally posted by 97CS:
I'll be interested in the pre-98.

will there be one made for pre98s?
if so I would be interested
pre98's naturally you guys just have to wait not estimated time on that yet since my 96 won't go in the shop till I get my SVT back.
sure, us pre 98s always get stuck in the back of the room lol
pre98 guys need a hood with vents instead of scoops
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
pre98 guys need a hood with vents instead of scoops

ding ding ding! I don't like the idea of a scoop on my pre98 either so we're looking for something different. Stay tuned pre98 guys - leave this post for the 98+ please!
Why do we need vents? I really like the look of that scoop, and if it's functional, even better.
Interested.
theres nothing for us Mystique Owers either... so dont feel left out.
i think the scoop kind of adds a new era in american muscel car look!
Interested!

Mark
Id like to see painted pics , and i dont really like the hood pins thing... I also dont have alot of extra funds so.
Interested, X 2 !!!!!

Mark
Count me in as interested!!!
Mike
Okay - I'm going to start taking deposits May 9th. Deposit is $150 and then $200 due at production (price does not include shipping). These hoods will go into production on or after the production date of the c27 body kit. Expected shipping time is 2-4 weeks.

Hoodpins are a requirement - like I said before it's your choice though. We require them since the hoods are lighter than stock. Instructions on PROPER INSTALLATION will be included - if you opt not to use hoodpins you are doing so at your own discretion.

I have yet to decide if I will use hood pins on my own car.

I will be accepting deposits from May 9th - May 30th. If you are going to have a problem making this deadline please let me know! Expect to make full payment in the first half of June!
I was just thinking, how come we never do pre-98 stuff first? Kinda unfair to all of us who have to wait 2-3 extra months every time. Age before beauty. (although ours are more beautiful) ;-)
Originally posted by 97CS:
I was just thinking, how come we never do pre-98 stuff first? Kinda unfair to all of us who have to wait 2-3 extra months every time. Age before beauty. (although ours are more beautiful) ;-)

Well, I'm sure if you started something, naturally you'd do a pre98 first. So when someone with a post98 starts something, pre98'ers have to wait.
I'm very interested.
Any idea on the price range to get the hood painted???
Originally posted by nyceboi:
Originally posted by DocSVT:

What do you consider the whole kit? If you mean the c27 kit (the Group Buy is over for this) $650, hood $350, widebody $425

You're looking at $1425 plus shipping (GB Price)

ok im lost, youll have to forgive me, i just started looking at these kits of yours(and i must say, so far, im really imprest with you guys) but what is the differnce in the c27 and the widebody? feel free to email me if you prefer.
c27 = the kit Hellahydro (Terry) put together for us with Kaotic Innovations (the kit on my car)
c27.w = Kaotic's widebody for the c27 kit
v1 or v1 hood = Kaotic's first hood for the Contour

I want to use these terms to describe the kit since it's easier for me to differenciate the kits (as opposed to 98+ kit, post-98, hella's kit..etc...) I think c27 works better and is easier to communicate.

So to answer your question - the c27 kit is a 4 peice kit is the kit Terry started. It includeds the front bumper cover, rear bumper and sideskirts.

The c27.w is the 8 piece widebody kit that is an option that goes with the c27 kit. The c27.w is currently only available to those in the original group buy (just like the c27 kit itself) at a discount. The 8 pieces include - replacement front fenders (2), front bumper piece (2), passenger side door piece (2), rear piece (2), bumper cover pieces (2). All peices can be bolted on or molded.

The v1 is independent of the c27 or c27.w. It is a fiberglass hood w/scoop.

Nyceboi I personally would probably shy away from a functional hood scoop mainly because of the whole water issue. I always thought hot air was better than no air because when the filter gets wet, you can almost guarantee a minimal air flow plus it's no good for the motor. Anyone reading and lost to my analogy, try taking a paper towel and sucking on it as you hold it open, you can still breath, now with that same paper towel, wet it and now try sucking on it, you'll soon catch my drift of where I'm coming from. If you live in very rainy environments like I do here in Hawaii you can bet to have a problem.

I've always said, and will stick to it, our best bet for a contour is not a hood scoop but vents to release heat, we're talking a ton of heat that'll escape through the vents and this will make some good power gains or at least keep the motor running at premium more consistantly. My suggestion is vents something like that on the Dodge Viper!! 2 seperate vents just off the center of the hood and wide and long enough to truly be funtional. I think trying to tackle the look of the Subaru WRX is insane, remember that scoop is there not for the intake but for the intercooler that sit atop the motor. You want water to hit the intercooler, that calls for a huge drop in intake temp. Anyway this is just my Opinion, I think it gets the point across though, well I hope........

I guess you can say I wouldn't be interested in the hood because of the scoop, I'm trying to stay semi low key, this hood just says come and get me
So I take it..you're not interested.

My car will never be low key any more

The hood scoop above all else is a look thing. I am taking your suggestion into consideration since orginally I was looking into the f50 stlye vents (the one on the red mondeo I showed a while back). I do like the design of the hood scoop and I think it really adds to the apperance of my SVT plus I live in sunny California - for those who do live in those kinds of climates will have the option of switching out hoods back to stock just like they do tires.
I guess living in California would take away the low key designation any how!!

I do agree that it looks good but my point basically boils down to functionality of the unit. Which one is more beneficial for most CEG'ers and since we haven't seen a vented hood (I like the F50 style vents too ) I think it's just another look that makes us go Hmmmmmm! I guess if most people that respond would rather have the hood scoop than there's no contesting that but again I think my argument is more than ligitemate considering you folks have the means and are actually producing aftermarket hoods.

Anyway it's just input
VERY VERY VERY Interested! I will buy a hood and a kit later on if a GB is available then. I'll get with you by the dealine for the $150. Where do I send the money? When this info is available, if you can, please email me @ SVTDriver03@yahoo.com If not, then i'll keep in touch with this thread to see if the info is available. Lovely!

SVT Driver
Interested
INTRESTITED FOR SURE!!!!
I'd like to see some different Angles.... please and THANKS
is there any way to see it in color?, just asking
I'm interested but I would like more info on how you plan on baffling the intake so as not to get water in the TB.
Yeah, maybe someone could photoshop it for us in color???
Interested! Are these also gonna be available after the May 30th deadline, or is this a one time deal? Guess if it is, gonna have to wait on the body kit.
Just had a thought about the hood scoop. You could put a solinoid in there so that the driver could open it and close it when they wanted to. Just a thought I am trying to scrape some money together to hopefully get in this.

Later
Josh
looking at newest issue of motor trend. i believe it's the mosler car and after the hood scoop they have two pipes running from the scoop to the intake with what looks like AEM type bypass filters on them, which, when the air pressure changes due to water in the intake, they take air in from engine bay rather than through the scoop. maybe something like that could be fitted.
Not sure about making it true ram air, I just want it open to get some more air circulation under the hood. The more I look at the picture, the more interested I am. Hopefully this GB will become a reality.
Guys this bb is for real i already have made the hood on Nyceboi's car....that is not a photoshop. You guys have the chance to get this hood first. I am hoping to display the first full kit on hellahyo's car for the streetdreams car show in detroit but not sure if we can make the deadline.
Posted By: onosway DEPOSITS NOW! - 05/14/03 07:48 PM
hey guys i'm collecting deposits starting today -

$150 to junkmail@nyceboicreations.com via PAYPAL

upon full deposit add $15 if you are using a CREDIT CARD TO MAKE THIS PAYMENT! I have to consider Paypals fees.

Hoods will go into production in JUNE and delivered. For those that buy the hood and body kit we will ship everything together.

THANK YOU!
Posted By: onosway Re: DEPOSITS NOW! - 05/20/03 03:18 PM
hey guys i'm collecting deposits starting today -

$150 to junkmail@nyceboicreations.com via PAYPAL

upon full deposit add $15 if you are using a CREDIT CARD TO MAKE THIS PAYMENT! I have to consider Paypals fees.

Hoods will go into production in JUNE and delivered. For those that buy the hood and body kit we will ship everything together.

THANK YOU!

- friendly reminder
Posted By: fst4dr_dup1 Re: DEPOSITS NOW! - 05/20/03 10:55 PM
I'll be sending the money as soon as I can. Will be within the next week or two.
Posted By: svt4b Re: DEPOSITS NOW! - 05/21/03 06:32 PM
im down!! nyceboi i will pm you about payment since i dont have paypal. in the pic its obviously dirty but does it need to be painted or will it look alright as is?? nyceboi comes through again!!
Posted By: onosway Re: DEPOSITS NOW! - 05/21/03 10:04 PM
Originally posted by svt4b:
im down!! nyceboi i will pm you about payment since i dont have paypal. in the pic its obviously dirty but does it need to be painted or will it look alright as is?? nyceboi comes through again!!

the hood must be painted.

I'm jugling 4 different groupbuys right now with more post98 and new pre98 stuff just around the corner it's gonna be crazy for me

fst4dr I have your deposit!
I'll have the deposit soon waiting for paypal to activate my account what all do you need from me ou can see im new to this site
Originally posted by KSpencer:
I'll have the deposit soon waiting for paypal to activate my account what all do you need from me ou can see im new to this site

I need your shipping address and the $150 deposit to secure your spot. If you are paying via CC please add $15 to your deposit and you will owe $200 upon production (late June).

For those of you who were in the c27 group buy (also known as the hella kit) your hood will be manufactured at the same time you're body kit is manufactured.
When are you getting your hood painted? I might want one after i see the fully finished product.
My painted hood probably won't be shown after the GB - I don't plan on showing my car to CEG finished till mid/late July (and yes you all will be the first to see her finished, but i'm putting a lot more work into mine)
DEADLINE: JUNE 30th, 2003 is the deadline to get this hood @ the GB price of $350. All orders after the date will be subject to the full retail price.
I will send the money next week, my sister is getting married this weekend so things are a little busy. Just so you know I'M IN!!! I also have a ? if paypal takes the money from your checking account instead of credit card do you still add the $15 to the $150?
NO, the $15 only applies to CC purchases.
I am intrested. Nyceboi I'll be sending the deposit next week. I am also in Hella's body kit GB.
i want one
Hey, I just sent my deposit let me know when you get it.
Like I put in the note on paypal I want mine in Carbon Fiber. Just making sure you get that part. Thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting into this.
Thanks again,
Mike
Originally posted by OUTLAW13MW:
Hey, I just sent my deposit let me know when you get it.
Like I put in the note on paypal I want mine in Carbon Fiber. Just making sure you get that part. Thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting into this.
Thanks again,
Mike

Mike:

This is Nyceboi's brother (He's is on vacation). I just got off the phone with him and I think you made a mistake. Like it says in this post - this Group Buy is ONLY for the fiberglass hoods at the price of $350. They're not offering Carbon Fiber until later this summer or early fall like it says in the Production Price forum.

The first post in this forum details this. If you click the link in the signature it will take you to Production Price look for V1. I'm going to refund your deposit whenever I get his Paypal password * from what I understand, there is no deposit for Production pieces and no discounts or GROUP BUY for carbon fiber pieces. - you just pay full price and look to have your hood in 2-3 weeks AFTER ALL THE GROUP BUY STUFF IS FINISHED AND SETTLED.

If you have any other concerns post here and I'll call my bro on Monday with anything else that needs attention.
I looked at the link, and it didn't say that the fiberglass hood and CF hood would be different production dates. I thought it was just a 200 dollar option. So if its going to be that long than just keep my deposit (if you still have it) and put it towards the fiberglass one. I'll just take one of those. Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks,
Mike
I just realized I have a Premier Paypal account (business fees) so I get charged regardless. For all those paying with Paypal FROM NOW ON... use this formula to figure out how much to send me.

Direct bank transfers
P = price of item
T = total to send

P * 1.03 + .3 = T

For CC orders use this

P * 1.05 = T

To avoid PP fees you can send me a check
5 more days to get those payments in for the price of $350!
nyce , i cant wait to see your car painted. Soon , July is coming.
LOL, I sit in my drive way picturing it on those nyce days of summer i'm not out cruising in her
Man how long is it taking to paint that?
I'm..um.... doing some..... other stuff.....
LOL ........hey does anyone have the pictures of the 2 rear bumpers offered in the other GB
Hmmmm... interesting lol cant wait to see it.
How much longer are these going to be? Just curious.
Like I said before - these hoods won't go into production until the body kit is in production. If you ordered a hood and body kit it will be delivered together. If not you'll still have a timely production date somewhere mid production with the body kit guys.
Is it still looking like this month? This is what you had told me back in June. Just wondering. I really want to get the hood before summer is over. I also would like to know when to have the rest of the $$$ ready and how much shipping is going to be. So if it is looking like this month let me know. If not, give me another approximate time please. Thanks.

SVT Driver
It all really depends on the body kit - once that's rolling the hoods are next.
Any idea on a date for these. Just curious, I realize you are waiting on the bodykits, but just wanted a rough estimate. I'm not getting the bodykit, so I haven't been following that thread.

Thanks
What about pictures!?!? you said in July coughocughcoughcough
Just posting on this thread to get it back to the top and see if there is any new info on the hoods/kits for the C27 GB. Getting anxious to get my hood and just couldn't wait to ask about it.

Any info would be great.

FYI: I am not trying to pester you, just keeping in touch.

-Bishop
Hoods will be in production after the c27 GB is finished. If you ordered a c27 kit then you will get your hood at time of shipment of your c27 kit.

ATTENTION: I WILL EXTEND THIS GB UNTIL AUGUST 13th.
how much is the hood with the scoop in Carbon Fiber?
and does it require hood pins i hate hood pins! couldnt we use the stock mounting locations and the latch?

i would be interested in that UNLESS the group buy is now over in which case i lost again!
CF will be available late November - this gb was for the fiberglass hood at $350. Regular price for this is about $450 and CF will be $650.
Oh by the way - People who bought Hoods - your full payment is now due.
How long do you think youll be making these? And what do you do about water drainage?
Oh by the way - People who bought Hoods - your full payment is now due.

Meaning the other $200 besides the $150 deposit already sent correct?

Can you please confirm that I sent you the deposit. I did confirm it when you first got the payment, but I want to make sure you still have me listed as paid for the deposit.

What is the due date for the remaining balance?

Have you figured out how much shipping is?

When do you expect the hoods to be complete?

If you could address these questions for me I'd appreciate it. I have the $200 ready, but before I send it, I'd like to get this information.

-Bishop

(I previously posted as SVT Driver 1. This is Anthony, I sent you the M.O. via Certified Mail.)
Umm...I know you guys are busy and all, but you requested the other $200 for the hoods and I need to know what to do here. I have already sent the $150 and I would like to finish this transaction ASAP. I would like my hood before Fall/Winter sets in. Please respond when you can.

PM-Peach
Email- ap210050@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com -OR- SVTCruisin@yahoo.com

Just let me know as much as possible about the hoods and what to do. (See above questions) Thanks.

-Bishop
© CEG Archives