Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 96contourvb Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/25/03 04:53 PM
I can get the saleen kit (a copy) for cheap, I'm in the process of making the full body kit looking like the saleen 1999, any interest?
I'm in canada, so for the us people it will be verry cheap!

Anyway, let me know if anyone is interested, It is serious, no strange web site like you guys going, check if they REALLY made kit before sending money to those guys...

I'm pretty sure You will need to run offset mags to buy this kit cause it goes over the wing, but I will have to try it before.

I will make a full body kit for any interested, BUT I just want to make shure the one I will choose will be eazy to sell for almost everyone...
I like the Modeo kit also,maybe we can make a mixt of the 2? give me your impressions!
If this kit works good, the 98+ will come after.

I need lots of pictures of the Saleen kit to help me do the draw. So if you have some, please post them!

If I have everything I need, I can get a prototype kit for Next friday on my friends car on mine, after if everything stays there and looks good, I'll start to sell it.
So keep in mind that the kit can be shipped to you in 3 weeks from now if anyone is interested.

Vince.
Posted By: thisgirls98.5SVT_dup1 Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/25/03 05:00 PM
Why can't you do post 98?? It would be just as easy!
Posted By: 96contourvb Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/25/03 05:17 PM
The front bumper is not the same, you can get all the rest, but I have to make the front bumper cover to fit the 98+, and me and my friend drive a 96, so we will start with this... The 98+ can be made in 3 weeks I'm pretty sure.
I just have to test the kit first, and after I'll make the 98+.
REar bumper and side skirt will fit, but the kit goes over the wings, so id you keep the stock bumper, it will look idiot...

Vince.
Posted By: thisgirls98.5SVT_dup1 Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/25/03 05:27 PM
Okay thanks. Well if you decide to make a whole kit please post!!
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/25/03 05:42 PM
Right now, I'm indifferent.

Throw up some pictures after you get it on a 'Tour, and I could be right in line.

It really depends on what it looks like.
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/25/03 05:56 PM
You haven't seen the Saleen contour before??

Posted By: pnice Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/25/03 06:01 PM
im sorry but i dont think is nuttin to brag about that kit is to square i give it an 3 in my rating book
Posted By: 18psi2300 Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/25/03 08:22 PM
It's too much for the car...In stock form the contour is a plain round car and that body kit is extreme and anti-round.
Posted By: 96contourvb Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/26/03 12:09 AM
I have those pictures already, I wanted more detailed ones,

I was thinking of putting a mix of the modeo and saleen kit to have a rounder version, and also, the wings will be rounder, but I kind of like the scare version...

People intersted, please let me know what exacly you prefer, so prefer the original saleen version, others can like the mondeo better, I need to know to have the best choice for everyone!

Thanks!
Vince.
Posted By: Alphatour Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/26/03 01:58 AM
Major question...Price?

Alpha
Posted By: 96contourvb Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/26/03 02:54 AM
Soon as I give the drwaing to my friend, he will give me a price on monday.
If I choose a regular kit, it will be very cheap, or if I go with the one like the seleen, it cost more cause of the wings...

Monday You'll get prices in canadian!
Vince.
Posted By: auiotour Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/26/03 02:54 AM
yea, i just got a check for 3500 from the kid who smashed my car up. i got money to buy it.
Posted By: TOUR'ING Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/26/03 04:22 AM
Definately interested. Just keep us posted as to what you are going with and what the final prices will be.

TOUR'ING
Posted By: 96contourvb Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/28/03 12:07 AM
I'm suppose to have Prices tomorow night.
I was thinking about 1500$-2000$ for the full kit, but It can be cheaper... Oh, prices in canadian!
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/28/03 01:37 AM
So... that's like 20 bucks, right?
Posted By: flipnms Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/28/03 03:13 AM
KOOL LET ME KNOW WHEN THE KIT IS FINISHED. I WOULD LOVE TO BE THE FIRST GUY IN MISSISSIPPI TO HAVE A HOOKED UP 1995 FORD CONTOUR SE
Posted By: 96contourvb Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/28/03 02:55 PM
with your war, the canadian dollar wen up a bit I think!
Make it 40$ hehe!
Posted By: BDoug98SVT_dup1 Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/29/03 08:18 PM
if you are making a body kit that looks identical to the 1999 saleen kit talked about then i'm in. i know you said the 98+ kit would come later so i'll be checking back.

anybody know what rims are on the saleen contour?
Posted By: 96contourvb Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 04/29/03 11:58 PM
Sorry, I got to much work, I gave the pictures this morning and My friend will make a killer desing to fit the contour and try not to be to much agressif.
I should have the price tomorow moring.
Thanks for waithing!
Oh, good news, price can be down to 1200$ canadian! (Not sure yet)
Posted By: afboy Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/01/03 06:45 AM
dude let me know i think that body kit is sweet just let me know a price
Posted By: outkast Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/01/03 11:50 AM
these bodykits are coming fast!I,ll jump on the kit thats
completed first!we went from 0 kits to about 3 in one year!
and now the pre svt bumper is back on sale!
Posted By: 96contourvb Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/02/03 12:29 PM
OK, now I have NEWS, I decided to change compagny cause I saw a new technology comming out, new thing that will freak out lots of buyers, NEw kind of Fibers, Wont move, crack, break during the years, lot more resistant, flexible , out will not belive it when you will buy it!
The bad news is that I will have the desing next week, tuesday, and I will send my car in a month to get the kit mounted on it so I can take pictures for you guys and sell it. The compagny will have my car for 3 weeks before I can sell it to you.
So make it 7 weeks total, I know it is long but it is worth the price, we decided the price to be 1300$ so far, it can change a bit, The good thing is you get better quality for the same price! 1 year garanty, shipping everywhere , proffesional compagny, I just can't beleve it myself, You have to know that Fiber glass kit you can buy at 675$ is very cheap, it will crack with heat and deform by itself, no garanty, and the people selling theese are not professional. I can't Say the name of the compagny I'm dealing with for now, But in a couple of months, everyone will know them around the world.

Please be patient, it's worth it!
I will not ask for money until I have the kit on my car and people will be happy with it.
Please let me know who is interested cause This thing will cost me a LOT of money to start with, and I want everyone to be Happy with ther kit.

I forgot to say that we can sell you the kit painted the color of your choice (any color codes) and the only thing you will have to do after, is put it on you car!!!

I will have the brochure of the technology next week, and put it on the board, you need to see this!

Thanks!
Vince.
Posted By: 96contourvb Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/02/03 02:21 PM
I have receve mails about my english, I know it doesn't look proffesional cause I can't type english without make errors, but I'm french, and I think you will understand.

Also, in the mails I have received, people said that the fiber that they are using is good... I know lots of compagnies makes good kits, good fiber, but I just want to let people know that they have to know what they are buying, see the technology they gonna put on ther car.

My group buy maybe makes competition here, but I'm not trying to steal people from other groups, But only trying to sell couple of kit that I have think about.

I feel bad about the other group buy, sorry, it was not my intention, Please feel free to say what you think on this post, I'm not a competitor who is trying to put others down, I'm a guy who is trying to say to the buyers what they should do before buying, and if they want MY DESIGN, they are welcome to buy it!

Just to let people know, I'm not a little boy who is making kits in a garrage, I'm a Senior Computer Technician who loves cars and desing, and always trying to find the better stuff at the better price.

Thanks for your time, and If you red all this, please feel fre to say your opinion!
Posted By: MaxContourSE Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/02/03 10:02 PM
I prefer the Mondeo look better because of the "roundness". Since I travel to Montreal often it would be nice to have the kit installed over there and save the shipping costs. Can you tell us in which city the kit will be made?
Posted By: -=SAI=-Contour_dup1 Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/03/03 09:27 AM
Originally posted by 96contourvb:
OK, now I have NEWS, I decided to change compagny cause I saw a new technology comming out, new thing that will freak out lots of buyers, NEw kind of Fibers, Wont move, crack, break during the years, lot more resistant, flexible , out will not belive it when you will buy it!
The bad news is that I will have the desing next week, tuesday, and I will send my car in a month to get the kit mounted on it so I can take pictures for you guys and sell it. The compagny will have my car for 3 weeks before I can sell it to you.
So make it 7 weeks total, I know it is long but it is worth the price, we decided the price to be 1300$ so far, it can change a bit, The good thing is you get better quality for the same price! 1 year garanty, shipping everywhere , proffesional compagny, I just can't beleve it myself, You have to know that Fiber glass kit you can buy at 675$ is very cheap, it will crack with heat and deform by itself, no garanty, and the people selling theese are not professional. I can't Say the name of the compagny I'm dealing with for now, But in a couple of months, everyone will know them around the world.

Please be patient, it's worth it!
I will not ask for money until I have the kit on my car and people will be happy with it.
Please let me know who is interested cause This thing will cost me a LOT of money to start with, and I want everyone to be Happy with ther kit.

I forgot to say that we can sell you the kit painted the color of your choice (any color codes) and the only thing you will have to do after, is put it on you car!!!

I will have the brochure of the technology next week, and put it on the board, you need to see this!

Thanks!
Vince.

Everyone I warn you AHEAD OF TIME... The man Cannot spell, Obviously he's up to something. Garranty?!?!? WTF is that? If your kit breaks, will the judge hold him to fix it? After all what is a Garranty? I've never heard of one, Spell it right, get it in paper, he's feeding you all B.S.

Also, why pay double for something that MAY be good for a year? Supposedly this is better than whats out?!?!? Why has my friend who Lays fiberglass for a living never heard of it? Why would you pay $1,300 for a kit when you can pay $500-$700 for a kit? I've seen a $500 kit last for 11 years now, it's on a '92 Pontiac Firebird, there are NO DEFECTS at all in the kit, the paints still good too. So why waste the cash? Supposedly he's in Canada, where as all the people buying at in the US? Maybe this is because it's harder to sue people in Canada? And harder to track someone in another country?

I warn you once more, do not trust this man.
Posted By: -=SAI=-Contour_dup1 Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/03/03 09:31 AM
I would also like to say, In terms of rank, I out-rank you, that I do. Why don't you fill out all your information, Give us some addresses and phone numbers? Your English IS HORRIBLE.

French eh? So do you live in France or Canada then? Ooooooh wait a sec, you live in Canada... thats right, so your just a wanna-be frenchman?
Posted By: MotorCity Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/03/03 01:08 PM
Originally posted by -=SAI=-Contour:
I would also like to say, In terms of rank, I out-rank you, that I do. Why don't you fill out all your information, Give us some addresses and phone numbers? Your English IS HORRIBLE.

French eh? So do you live in France or Canada then? Ooooooh wait a sec, you live in Canada... thats right, so your just a wanna-be frenchman?

Seriously man. If you don't like the group buy then don't buy it. You don't need to come in every group buy and trash it. If you don't like it....don't buy it...and STFU!

Everyone here is adult enough to assess the risks associated with doing business on the internet. Nobody needs an assclown like yourself telling them anything.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/03/03 01:16 PM
SAI....quit being a little [censored].....i dont know what the hell your problem is, but you just need to shut the [censored] up!

Posted By: MaxContourSE Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/03/03 01:19 PM
Judging from the aggressiveness of your comments, it's YOU that I'm concerned about. Are you trying to sabotage this group buy because you have an interest in another group buy? ContourVB says that he's going to get it done for his car first. I, for one, am looking forward to seeing the results.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/03/03 01:22 PM
he did this in another gb thread as well....he just popped up and started running his little mouth about thing she didnt know about......
Posted By: sigma Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/03/03 02:27 PM
Quote:

Why would you pay $1,300 for a kit when you can pay $500-$700 for a kit? I've seen a $500 kit last for 11 years now, it's on a '92 Pontiac Firebird, there are NO DEFECTS at all in the kit, the paints still good too. So why waste the cash? Supposedly he's in Canada, where as all the people buying at in the US? Maybe this is because it's harder to sue people in Canada? And harder to track someone in another country?

I know this may be hard to wrap your little mind around, but that's $1200 Canadian dollars. As was mentioned several times.
Posted By: 96contourvb Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/03/03 03:30 PM
I just received a PM from him, He doesn`t like contours, he never will...
I LOVE my car, and it can be a beast, and just for fun, I`ll let people know the horrible junk you e-mailed me...
<<<<<<Bahahaah... First off, learn to spell, then learn to speak English. Your nothing but a scam artist.

All kits that have come out for ANY CAR cost from $500-$700 US.

If you think anyone will pay over $1,000 either you a stupid [censored], or you have no clue how the car world works. Not to mention if you got anyone to plop down $1,000 for a kit for the CONTOUR's your [censored] retarded just like them. Our cars are nothing, they will never BE anything untill they are rear wheel drive and THats all there is to it.

Good bye and go die>>>>>>>>>

People that are searching for a kit, they will buy the one they really like and also they are paying for something that can last long. My garanty will be on paper, not a scam, everything is legal and on paper, Others, thanks for being on my side, I will let you know this week all of what you will be getting.

-=SAI=-Contour, I wish I can see you write in french one day... And I`m no french wannabe, but a French canadian that respect all others, and one other good thing, I can talk to the french and english people... can you? You are just a frustrated guy who doesn`t have money to buy stuff for your car.

Have a nice week end all of you!
Vince.
Posted By: 96contourvb Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/03/03 03:34 PM
Originally posted by MaxContourSE:
I prefer the Mondeo look better because of the "roundness". Since I travel to Montreal often it would be nice to have the kit installed over there and save the shipping costs. Can you tell us in which city the kit will be made?

Thank you for your opinion!
The kit will be a lot rounder compare to the Saleen, and it will be produce in montreal, so for the install, it will be simple for you! what I can do, is soon as I have it on my car, I will come to your place and show it to you, or if we do a meet, it will be simple!

Thanks!
Vince.
Posted By: Contourox Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/03/03 06:14 PM
JUST TO MAKE THINGS CLEARED REGARDING THE PRICES as to CDN to Usd.
Live mid-market rates as of 2003.05.03 18:10:12 GMT.
1,300.00 CAD
Canada Dollars = 916.720 USD
United States Dollars
1 CAD = 0.705169 USD 1 USD = 1.41810 CAD

$916.72 US is the price
for this Body Kit.

Thanks Vince.

Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/04/03 12:49 AM
Here is antoher picture that I ran across

Posted By: onosway Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/04/03 01:05 AM
Originally posted by -=SAI=-Contour:

Everyone I warn you AHEAD OF TIME... The man Cannot spell, Obviously he's up to something. Garranty?!?!? WTF is that? If your kit breaks, will the judge hold him to fix it? After all what is a Garranty? I've never heard of one, Spell it right, get it in paper, he's feeding you all B.S.

SAI - English isn't his first language, he's already established that. He could just post everything in French, but that would defeat his purpose. Here's a guy like sweetride1, micah, and Kaotic (Terry, Chris and myself) who are trying to advance the market for the pre98's -- give 'em a chance to come through first -- CEGers shouldn't chase people away, we don't have that luxury when it comes to people pursuing our aftermarket.
Posted By: Contourox Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/04/03 01:48 AM
Personally I don't think misspelling would really affect the credibility of a person trying to arrange a group buy for whatever product in this forum. I'm just awaiting to see the pictures just like many others are.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Pre98 Saleen Body kit - 05/04/03 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Contourox:
Personally I don't think misspelling would really affect the credibility of a person trying to arrange a group buy for whatever product in this forum. I'm just awaiting to see the pictures just like many others are.

I agree all it shows is that the person doesnt know how to spell certain words. I know for a fact I am not a good typest nor can I spell for a damn and english is the only thing I know.
© CEG Archives