Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 gauge pod w/gauges - 04/19/03 04:56 PM
ok guys spring time is here. Mod bug has arrived.I have talked to a guy about getting thsi GB started for us and he was interested. We need 10 people to get this group buy going. The group buy will include the gauge pod with 3 choices of guages that you choose. The gauge pod will come in black but if you choose it can be matched to your interior for an extra charge. So this doesn't becoming confusing for us. We will be making 3 different groups based on what gauges people want.

What i need to see if their is interest first.

I also need to know what gauges people want. After know all this i will complie the groups and start giving prices. PLease guys lets make this happen.
Posted By: slvr98svt Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/19/03 05:31 PM
Id be in hopefully, Volts, Oil pressure, Oil Temp.
-Matt
Posted By: sigma Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/19/03 05:50 PM
I would've been in, but then I checked the going price range of Oil Temp/Pressure gauges. OMG they are high.

Sorry, I'd love to chip in, but it's a bit too rich for my blood.
Posted By: rockSVT_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/19/03 06:06 PM
been pricing this for a while now.
INTERESTED.....depending on price.
what are the choices for the gauges?
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/19/03 06:26 PM
I already have 2 phantom guages, so I'd be interested if I could get the gauge pod and only one phantom series guage. If not, maybe someone who wants a couple guages could go in with me.
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/19/03 07:08 PM
interested but depends on price and type of gauges
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/19/03 08:08 PM
well i wanan see what gauges everyone wants first and how much interest there is in this. Then as soon as i found out this info i will get prices. The series of gauges doesn't matter. Keep posting ur questions and comments guys. Thanks
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/20/03 01:04 AM
i was in on the last GB for pods, and still havent' gotten my money back BUT, since I have my gauges, I just need a pod, I'll be down for a pod please. I'm agressively interested.
Posted By: shaun252 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/20/03 02:55 AM
Im in for the pod and for whatever gauges everyone else decides on.
Posted By: -=SAI=-Contour_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/20/03 03:43 AM
Tach, Digital Speedo and Temp

Prices?
Posted By: csc99svt Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/20/03 04:24 AM
ok so maybe you dont have a tach, but why do you need a second speedo?

fyi: watch your sig, it will get you into trouble....

if this goes down and i got the money at the time, i am up for the reasonable more popular choices of oil temp, oil press, volts.......i would be up for swapping out one of the oils for something else to fit the crowd....
Posted By: lsneo Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/20/03 03:12 PM
oil preasure, boost, and something else i guess.
Posted By: AzNHxC Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/20/03 04:40 PM
im looking for tranny temp , water temp , and volts...give me prices lucas.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/20/03 04:45 PM
I am in for digital gauge. I have a pod and volt,tach, already just need one more digital gauge.
Posted By: rockSVT_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/20/03 05:59 PM
Sorry...... but what are the gauges that are available for the pillar pods? I've noticed the general that most people are asking for but............
Posted By: MotorCity Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/20/03 06:54 PM
I am not sure if this GB is for Autometer stuff or not.

http://www.autometer.com/
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/20/03 11:15 PM
well most of the gauges that we will choose will be form autometer. We just want to see what gauges will be most popular withthe crowd. I'm going to give it a few more days and see what people post. Then prices will start to be listed.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/20/03 11:39 PM
depending on price
Posted By: DocSVT_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/21/03 12:49 AM
id be intrested, but i didnt see anyone else wanting nitrous presure and air fuel ratio gagues, but if i get pricing, maybe ill still be in!
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/21/03 01:01 AM
Originally posted by -=SAI=-Contour:
Tach, Digital Speedo and Temp

Prices?

2 tachs and 2 speedos? waste of money.
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/21/03 12:03 PM
I can't really think of 3, I guess volts, oil pressure, do they make one for compression ratio? not sure. I dunno maybe a mini tach? OOOHHHHHH another change holder!!!! lol nah that wouldn't fly
Posted By: captcarr213 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/21/03 12:15 PM
Im in just give me a price

-Ry
Posted By: godzilia Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/21/03 03:39 PM
Fuel Pressure, Boost, volts

Blue Pod.......

or do they only come in black?????
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/21/03 08:59 PM
price? if decent i wold like to get boost, oil press, oil temp
Posted By: -=SAI=-Contour_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/21/03 11:01 PM
Originally posted by csc99svt:
ok so maybe you dont have a tach, but why do you need a second speedo?

fyi: watch your sig, it will get you into trouble....

if this goes down and i got the money at the time, i am up for the reasonable more popular choices of oil temp, oil press, volts.......i would be up for swapping out one of the oils for something else to fit the crowd....

Digital Speedo. Were you not payin attention to that? Digital... ooooooh yeah baby!!!!

Also, People who want air/fuel ones, DONT!! They are NEVER accurate, they are [censored]!

Also, thanks for mentioning my sig, you got me in trouble!
Posted By: svtzap_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/21/03 11:39 PM
I'm in depending on prices. I think the A/F works fine. Yea its a light show, but it works fine. If the coloring is close id take a tan pod w/ volts, A/F ratio, Oil pressure or temp.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/22/03 02:52 AM
hey nos......

i dont think this is gonna work very well....i think you should stop letting people argue over which ones are worth, which ones are worthless (myself included) it is all a matter of opinion....you just need to work something up and say, ok here it is.....a list of 5 gauges, you choose three or something like that.....if we continue like this, i think people are gonna lose interest pretty quick....

my $.02.....

btw SAI, i wasnt TRYING to get you in trouble, just giving you a heads up.....you cant type stuff like that on the boards to begin with, much less in your sig.....sorry...
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/22/03 05:04 AM
Do you really want a 2" Digital speedo I doubt any one even makes a speedo to fit a A-pillar gauge pod.
Posted By: tekken4 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/23/03 03:40 PM
Im in, I'd like Boost, A/F Ratio and oil temp.
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/23/03 04:04 PM
What's the price on these gauges?
well guys he is the deal. The price will be $150 with a choice of any 3 gauges you choose. The series does not matter. The only thing that will affect the prices is the carbon fiber series which will be a lil more. The only bad thing is that the gauge pod will not be included in this deal. The reason is becasue they guy i'm dealing with doesn't deal with lo tek(makers of the pods) so he can't get them. But i emailed them and maybe we will be able to get them for us. AS this stands for now only the gauges will be offered at a price of 150$ including shipping. any comments or suggestions? Please PM me with the choice of guages you want or series u want. I will post later about the guage pod. lets get thsi going guys
Im in.....Voltage, airfuel ratio (nneded for nitrous) and fuel pressure. Please!
watch out for Lotek, because according to Static, who arranged this GB last, they took all of our money and NEVER returned it, so we were all out $40 or more. . .now, Static is trying to get the money back, or that's what he tells me, so I don't know who to believe, a fellow CEG'er (whom I don't know) or the company. I'm in for the pods for sure, if you can clear up this crap with Lotek. . . .no sense in all of us losing money, in my case, TWICE.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/24/03 05:00 AM
Would we be able to get some in black with red digital numbers? I think I want tranny temp, tach, oil temp or pressure.
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/24/03 11:21 AM
hey thanks for the info and lo tek. I will call them and see what they say.

About getting the black with redd digital numbers. the GB is for autometer gauges. Go on the website forp autometer and see what they have. Pm me withthe part numbers.

For everyone intersted please go to autometer website and pm me withthe part numbers on the agugea of ur choice. Thanks
Posted By: -=SAI=-Contour_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/25/03 09:09 AM
Uhhhh... Why would anyone pay $150 for 3 guages?

You can buy guages anywhere from the cheap brand being $5.99 each to good brands being $34.99 each. Shipping doesnt cost that much, the most I was quoted for it ALL shipped with the three I choose was: $125.
So basically you are pocketing $25 from everyone for hooking us up with....?

My prices are from Summit Racing. Word... and im out!
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/25/03 11:45 AM
well first place if you would have read. 150$ is for a choice of any 3 gauges you want and the prices include shipping. Now also since you wanna be a wise ass. Tell me what gauges you choose, what series, from summit did that include shipping?
the gauges easliy go for 60 a piece depending on the gauge yuo want.??>?> I am doing this GB for CEG and to help ppl, not to try and rip them off. Serious dude if you wanna be a wise ass don't hijack my post anymore.

I pm'd everyone to that i can start getting part numbers and see what gauges ppl want. Certain gauges might be a lower in price compared to others (example volt meter) It all depends on what gauges ppl choose. Once i get ppl parts numbers and we have the 10 ppl then i we can go ahead.

Waht happened to all does ppl now that said i'm in? Where are you now>?
Posted By: chikmagnet340 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/25/03 08:29 PM
I'm in for electric nitrous pressure, oil pressure and air/fuel, gauges.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/25/03 08:31 PM
I would just like to say..... What is the deal here??? What are we getting, three gauges,when we cant even get the pod. I dont want to seem like i a bashing the GB, but is this only for people who already own gauge pods???? Or am i just not understanding whats included.
Posted By: Sapien Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/25/03 11:53 PM
Im in bro. Cougar owner here, with a guage pod, no guages. Ive emailed you (my email address is
najaherr@comcast.net) and pmed you from the neco forums. just trying to get a . Im very interested in the lunar series. I dont get paid until the first friday in may, but as soon as I get paid, I can send the money your way. I wanted the a/f ratio and fuel pressure in Lunar. I had the part numbers, but i forgot to write them down. the info is all in the pm i sent you from the neco forums... Thanks bro... if this goes through, ill end up saving alot of money for something I would have bought anyway...

Edit: just read the pm you sent me. i will send you the parts numbers through your email too...
Posted By: -=SAI=-Contour_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/26/03 01:05 AM
Originally posted by nOsSvTcOnToUr:
well first place if you would have read. 150$ is for a choice of any 3 gauges you want and the prices include shipping.

****Jackass, read my post again.. ****

Now also since you wanna be a wise ass. Tell me what gauges you choose, what series, from summit did that include shipping?

***If you werent such a retard, you would notice that I IN FACT DID STATE, 3 GUAGES WITH SHIPPING, the most for EVERY COMBO I TRIED WITH SUMMIT CAME TO NO MORE THAN $125****

****Everyone found out your a looney... Everyones looking on Summit like they should... sheesh man, go rip someone else off.. LUPE-> I Can get your guages for you for cheaper than this looney, Call my cell.****
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/26/03 01:31 AM
first of all go stick a taco up ur ass since you like them so much. While ur there stick a couple in ur mouth cuz ur so freakin dumb. These are not the cheap gauges. These are for autometer. Since you could not read that you made urself look stupid. Of course there are cheaper gauges avaible but this group buy is for AUTOMETER GAUGES. They are a lil more money.

Please dont hijack my post aqgain with ur ignornace.

Guys come on lets get this GB going? WE need 10 ppl to get this going>? Does any one have questions?> please email me if u are interested (nossvtcontour@aol.com)withthe part numbers and i will keep that in my email. thanks
Posted By: csc99svt Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/26/03 02:54 AM
well first place if you would have read. 150$ is for a choice of any 3 gauges you want and the prices include shipping.

Now also since you wanna be a wise ass. Tell me what gauges you choose, what series, from summit did that include shipping?

***If you werent such a retard, you would notice that I IN FACT DID STATE, 3 GUAGES WITH SHIPPING, the most for EVERY COMBO I TRIED WITH SUMMIT CAME TO NO MORE THAN $125****

****Everyone found out your a looney... Everyones looking on Summit like they should... sheesh man, go rip someone else off.. LUPE-> I Can get your guages for you for cheaper than this looney, Call my cell.****

you need to the chill the [censored] out.....you keep running your mouth about this group buy and getting ripped off....i dont know what "autometer" gauges you are reffering, but ever gauge i have ever seen has been 50 bucks average cost....plus another 50 for the pod....50*4 is 200.....150 bucks shipped....sounds like a discount.....besides newb, this gb has happened at least once before, maybe even twice before....always been the same price taco boy.......
Posted By: sigma Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/26/03 03:00 AM
Quote:

you need to the chill the [censored] out.....you keep running your mouth about this group buy and getting ripped off....i dont know what "autometer" gauges you are reffering, but ever gauge i have ever seen has been 50 bucks average cost....plus another 50 for the pod....50*4 is 200.....150 bucks shipped....sounds like a discount.....besides newb, this gb has happened at least once before, maybe even twice before....always been the same price taco boy.......

Um, you do know there's no Gauge Pod included in that $150 right?

So it's $150 for 3 gauges, with no pod. Which means no tangible discount.

And, if you're buying a voltmeter (which most are) which only costs about $25 than you're paying $125 for 2 gauges, which is actually a bit pricy.

If you're buying 3 expensive gauges, then it's a good deal. If you're buying a cheap gauge, and especially 2 cheap gauges, it's a bad deal.

I think that's why the interest wained pretty quick. Most people want at least one gauge that only costs $25 retail, some want 2 gauges that only cost $25 retail. So unless their 3rd gauge is a $150 gauge, they're better off buying the gauges on their own, not in the GB.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/26/03 03:08 AM
thank you for clearing that up sigma....i was completely unaware that the gauge pod had been taken out of this......

But still though, even my head unit is blue indiglo in my car.....so i want things to match....you seen the prices on the those cobalt and c2 gauges? whew...........
Posted By: sigma Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/26/03 03:35 AM
I agree. I've been looking around the last hour or so myself at some of these gauges.

If I could pick any make or model of Autometer gauge that I wanted, then $150 ain't a bad price, because I'd just pick the most expensive 3 I could find.

Oddly enough one of the ones I want that's the most expensive is just a friggin clock (mine doesn't glow at night and I think it'd be neat to have one in the pod anyways). It runs about $65.

My main problem is finding 3 that I want, and having them all the same style, and having that style closely match my current cluster gauges.

The only 2 I know I want are a Tach and a Voltmeter. But I can't seem to find a decent 2 1/16 white-faced Tach that also has a Voltmeter in the same style.

And I'm still faced with finding a 3rd gauge.

Or just not doing the GB and buying the gauges and a 2-pod unit on my own. But I prefer a 3-pod full A-pillar unit.
Posted By: sigma Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/26/03 03:43 AM
Oh, and SAI, I dunno what cheap-ass gauges you're looking at at Summit Racing, but they sell their Autometer gauges there for $90-200 apiece.

Tell me $150 for 3 of them isn't a good deal at those insane prices.
Posted By: svttour2000_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/26/03 05:09 AM
yea just look up a price on an exhaust temperature gauge? HAHAHA ILL take three of those :-D
Posted By: sigma Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/26/03 07:02 AM
Yeah, no [censored]. If we can take any gauge, I'll just grab 3 of those $300 ones and sell them on Ebay and make a profit even after I buy the ones I want.
Posted By: Sapien Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/26/03 08:48 AM
exactly... the Lunar fuel pressure guage at atlanticsport.com is $244.95, and the air fuel ratio guage is 103.95... If i can get both of these for $100 (we cougar guys only have two guage pods in our pillar pod) then id be saving $248.90. REALLY NOT A BAD DEAL!
And if this group buy is still going on three weeks from now, when i get paid again, Ill buy two more and mount them where my ash tray is (exigent racing sells a guage holder that replaces the ashtrays with two guages Check it out here for us non-smoking enthusiasts... dont know if it fits the 'tours though) I really think more people need to know about this group buy... If you are on a budget, this is a tight deal...
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/26/03 04:39 PM

Thank you. I hate people that always mess up other peoples things. People need to do their research before posting stuff. I am not tryin to rip people off i jsut want these gauges too for the prices you guys get. Sorry to all about if this Group buy got confusing.

Here is the deal. The Group buy at the beginning was be for the gauges and gauge pod. THe guy couldn't get the gauge pod so i could only get the gauges from him . I contacted Lo Tek about a group buy on them. They want a miniuim order of 40 pods. There is no way with this GB we will get that many people. Also someone warned me about lo tek and how they had probelms with them before. I rather jsut have the group buy for the gauges and let you guys out their purchase them directly from lo tek.
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: Autometer gauges - 04/26/03 04:49 PM
ok guys, let me explain the deal about the gauges. I need everyone who is interested to email not pm me but email me the part numbers of the gauges at nossvtcontour@aol.com.
The price of 150$ is a base price for most of the expensive gauges. Price can go up and down based on the gauges you choose. Prices will still be discounted. once i recieve all the emails and enough gauges i will respond with the final price. The final price will not be much more then 150$ if the gauges you choose are all expenisive. If you get cheaper gauges the price will be lower the the 150$. any more question or comments please post.

Email me wit the part numbers if are want the gauges.

thanks guys
Posted By: csc99svt Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/27/03 02:55 AM
email sent........
Posted By: csc99svt Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/29/03 02:06 PM
hello? did you get my email?

ttt.........
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/30/03 12:39 AM
woever emailed em i got ur email but it seems like we do not have enough interest? Come on guys lets get this going. If u want it post i'm in and i'll be in contact with you
Posted By: csc99svt Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/30/03 03:00 AM
could you at least let me know what kind of deal this is gonna be? i mean let me know what my prices WOULD be if we got the right amount of people?
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/30/03 03:12 AM
as soon as i get 10 ppl interested i will give out the prices. Come on guys lets get this popping.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/30/03 05:30 PM
this isn't going to come with the pod correct? If so how do we know what size to get. And if possible can you tell me where again the place was.
Thanks
Johnny
Posted By: -=SAI=-Contour_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/30/03 10:36 PM

Thank you. I hate people that always mess up other peoples things. People need to do their research before posting stuff. I am not tryin to rip people off i jsut want these gauges too for the prices you guys get. Sorry to all about if this Group buy got confusing.

Here is the deal. The Group buy at the beginning was be for the gauges and gauge pod. THe guy couldn't get the gauge pod so i could only get the gauges from him . I contacted Lo Tek about a group buy on them. They want a miniuim order of 40 pods. There is no way with this GB we will get that many people. Also someone warned me about lo tek and how they had probelms with them before. I rather jsut have the group buy for the gauges and let you guys out their purchase them directly from lo tek.

Blaa Blaa Blaa First you said "Gauges plus pod $150" Yes thats a discount but then yo usaid JUST GUAGES $150 shipped. THats a [censored] rip. Get your act together.
Posted By: sigma Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 04/30/03 11:18 PM
Quote:

Blaa Blaa Blaa First you said "Gauges plus pod $150" Yes thats a discount but then yo usaid JUST GUAGES $150 shipped. THats a [censored] rip. Get your act together.

Do you know how to read at all?

With a single Autometer Tach costing upwards of $100 and some others costing considerably more than that, I want you to tell me exactly how this is a rip-off?

Now, if you have some "Secret Source" of Autometer Parts where I can buy a Ultra-Lite Tachometer for less than $75-100, let alone 3 for $150 please chime in.

Otherwise, shut the [censored] up. You're all talk.
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: gauge pod w/gauges - 05/01/03 12:30 AM
Originally posted by sigma:
Quote:

Do you know how to read at all?

With a single Autometer Tach costing upwards of $100 and some others costing considerably more than that, I want you to tell me exactly how this is a rip-off?

Now, if you have some "Secret Source" of Autometer Parts where I can buy a Ultra-Lite Tachometer for less than $75-100, let alone 3 for $150 please chime in.

Otherwise, shut the [censored] up. You're all talk.

Thank you Sigma. Why the [censored] has this [censored] come back and hijacked my post again. I think all those tacos he eats and sticks up his ass gets he all worked up. et a life bro
© CEG Archives