Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: auiotour *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/01/03 05:40 PM
Group buy is starting 1 Day early because I have school tomorrow. The group buy will be open for one month and then close on April 30th. The very next morning I will order all LEDs to my house, and from there I will be counting and testing all LEDs to make sure everyone gets their LEDs working fine and the right amount. You can expect LEDs to get to you, 2-3 weeks after the Group Buy is over.

LEDs go as followed:
(prices bases on 50pcs and shipping)
3mm and 5mm sizes avaible!
Blue $15.00 MCD3000 3.5v
Red $19.00 MCD1500 3.5v
Green $15.00 MCD4000 3.5v
Clear $20.00 MCD5000 3.5v

Orders must be placed in incriments of 50pcs.
Please PayPal me at drajen@attbi.com.

Include the following information

Name
Address
# of LEDs
Color of LEDs

If you don't send all of these items, I will email you and have you resubmit the payment, and I will cancel your old one.

If you need any more information please email me at drajen@attbi.com or IM me on AIM.
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/02/03 05:01 PM
So is there anyone up for buying LEDS? There was an interest a week ago but isn't looking like there is a interest. Come on everyone.
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/02/03 07:55 PM
LOL
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/03/03 07:22 PM
Alright, well seems like nobody wants to buy any, 2 weeks ago a ton of people wanted to buy stuff. Now nobody does. If you are planning to buy before the end of the Gb please post, If not, I might be canceling the GB.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/03/03 07:50 PM
i am def interested in this, but i am sending you email cause i got some questions...look for my email......
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/03/03 08:17 PM
glad to see someone, there was liek 10 people and now nobody is posting. hehe, Bet you all are just waiting till the end.
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/03/03 08:28 PM
youve had my payment for a while now
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/03/03 10:13 PM
yup, dont worry your will still get your LEDs, I have another order coming in. Soon also. But I want to have atleast 10 people.
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/05/03 06:06 AM
I will be in for 100-150 I haven't desided yet...
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/05/03 06:41 AM
sorry man I haven't been on in a few days, I just got a job today so if you wanna hold off until i can get my first check then I can get 100-200 or so. let me know if you can wait that long
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/05/03 05:04 PM
Originally posted by MP3Tour:
sorry man I haven't been on in a few days, I just got a job today so if you wanna hold off until i can get my first check then I can get 100-200 or so. let me know if you can wait that long

Alright, you two will actually make it almost worth my time. I decieded instead of canceling it, to post it on some of the other contour/mondeo sites.
Posted By: TOUR'ING Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/06/03 06:20 PM
I think that the fact you are gonna run it for a month before ordering and that the prices went up is why you are not getting a ton of orders. Just my opinion.

TOUR'ING
Posted By: XTheTigerX_dup1 Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/07/03 12:07 AM
Hey, i got the LEDs before and these are nice if anyone is worried about that. Hey auiotour, do you have any info on the how many milliamps these things should have, im not sure what sort of resistors to buy.
Posted By: TGO Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/07/03 01:04 AM
Which sizes are required for doing the door switches? 3mm right? What would I use the 5mm for? I would like to do the lights in the dash (defroster, etc.) and clock as well.

For $15 i'm down.
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/07/03 03:03 PM
Okay to anwser all of you so far, the reason the prices went up is because I have to pay more now then I did before. I had told the guy originally I was gonna do over a 1000 LEDs, and we hit about 600 LEDs, so he told me that he is going to raise the prices, he was giving me the prices as if we were going to buy more then a 1000. Which we didn't so we only get %25 off this time, and not 50% off. And shipping costs went up because I never originally included the cost for me to ship it to you. I personally test every LED before sending them out, and I count them. He shorted me 1 2 on every bag except, 4 bags, and I threw extra of mine in to make up for the shortage amount.

As for the MA i am not quite sure. I used to have it in a email, but my little sister, started messing around on my computer and deleted some very important files, so i had to do a restore, and now I can't find the email that I saved.

As for the resistors, you can use 330 ohm resistors all the way around. There is also another way to keep.

These are what you would use all the LEDs for

Lock/Unlock and Window Buttons/sunroof 3mm
Defroster post98 3mm, defroster pre98 3mm or 5mm
Traction Control Pre98 3mm or 5mm
Clock, 3mm, or 5mm (98s needs 3mm and 5mm)
Flashing Alarm light(where the clock used to be on 98s, 5mm)
Behind door handle (inside pre98) 5mm
Shifter light (ATX) 5mm
Fog light Indicator (pre98, big green thing) 3mm or 5mm
Dimmer Switch 3mm or 5mm
Light Control Switch 3mm or 5mm (pref 3mm)
And if you want to put in additional lights behind guages or hvac, you will need 3mm and 5mm, and citation can help you with any of those behind the gauges.

I have a tutorial that is in the process of being finished, It should be done by the time you all recieve your LEDs, Ohh here is what you will need for resistors

Lock/Unlock and Window Buttons/sunroof stock
Defroster 330 ohm 1/4w and stock
Traction Control Pre98 330 ohm 1/4w and stock
Clock, 300ohm 1/4w (2)
Flashing Alarm light stcok (maybe 330ohm 1/4w
Behind door handle (inside pre98) 5mm
Shifter light (ATX) 330ohm 1/4w
Fog light Indicator 330ohm 1/4w
Dimmer Switch 330ohm 1/4w
Light Control Switch 220ohm 1/4w
Posted By: TGO Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/07/03 03:45 PM
So, so since it looks like i'll need some 5mm, can I break it up...like 30 3mm and 20 5mm??
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/07/03 05:08 PM
i would prefer 25/25 because, then its easier to order that way. But, I am sure I can work something out.
Posted By: DankBud42o Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/07/03 06:26 PM
I might have to order more soon. im running outa the 3mm. im using them in my speedometer gauge cluster, i replaced all the 5 bulbs that were in the cluster w/ clusters of 4 - 3mm leds w/ no resistors. they light up good, but not enough, its brighter in some places more then others, so i guess im gonna have to drill holes and glue some more led's in like citation did to get it more even.. crap
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/07/03 07:12 PM
lol, everyone that I have that i have heard, have gone crazy with the things they are doing with the LEDs, people are installing them in their mother boards, computer cases, optical mice for their computers. their cars interior exterior, and many other things. I have installed so many of them. Once you see how easy it is, there is endless things you can do. I recently made a CLEAR LED light for my mini mag light, it is so damn bright, much brighter then the old mag light.
Posted By: DankBud42o Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/09/03 04:20 AM
Originally posted by auiotour:
lol, everyone that I have that i have heard, have gone crazy with the things they are doing with the LEDs, people are installing them in their mother boards, computer cases, optical mice for their computers. their cars interior exterior, and many other things. I have installed so many of them. Once you see how easy it is, there is endless things you can do. I recently made a CLEAR LED light for my mini mag light, it is so damn bright, much brighter then the old mag light.

My computer is already modded out enough w/ LED's and such, i tried to do it in one of my mice but i [censored] upthe metal on the circuit board so when i put the blue one back in, it didnt work cause the [censored] was loose. im not gonna even attempt to try to install it in my wireless optical mouse.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/09/03 01:28 PM
hey auiotour....check sent...coming across country, so it should be there by the end of the week....

check your pm's!!
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/09/03 03:39 PM
alright thanks man, I replaced a couple on my case, my cable modem are now all blue, my wireless recievers, my flat panel on button is blue, printer buttons are blue, tv on button is blue, and i am working on changing out the ones on my deck in my car. I have a microsoft wireless intellimouse Explorer by MS, and the whole buttom is read, so i don't want to change the RED led, it would look purple. Take pictures of your case and send them to me on aim.
Posted By: Rahmel Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/09/03 04:12 PM
is there anywhere i can go to see a pic of this stuff?
Posted By: TGO Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/09/03 05:30 PM
I'm sorry...is this GB on? Are you accepting payments now? Or are you still up in the air on if this is going ot happen?
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/09/03 05:59 PM
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
I'm sorry...is this GB on? Are you accepting payments now? Or are you still up in the air on if this is going ot happen?

Yes, the GB is open and ready, just send paypal payment to drajen@attbi.com with your addy, and exactly what you want.
Posted By: DankBud42o Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/10/03 06:48 PM
Originally posted by auiotour:
alright thanks man, I replaced a couple on my case, my cable modem are now all blue, my wireless recievers, my flat panel on button is blue, printer buttons are blue, tv on button is blue, and i am working on changing out the ones on my deck in my car. I have a microsoft wireless intellimouse Explorer by MS, and the whole buttom is read, so i don't want to change the RED led, it would look purple. Take pictures of your case and send them to me on aim.

God damn man, u went nuckin futs! c'mon over and do all mine for me too . lol. i dont have time. lol. i want to change the ones in my modem but i can cause im leasing it. but i need to change my printer LED and my subwoofer LED for my computer. but i dont feel like takin shi0t apart. lol.
Posted By: DankBud42o Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/11/03 05:06 PM
I changed the LED in my computer speakers to one 3mm blue LED. dat [censored] lights up half my room!!!
Posted By: wickedfantasies Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/13/03 08:02 PM
I'm in for 100 sent payment this weekend
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/14/03 12:10 AM
did you paypal it? its not showing up yet.
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/15/03 12:48 PM
I get paid today auio, I sould be sending payment in a day or so
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/15/03 02:58 PM
alright cool man, I hope everyone else aren't forgeting about the GB! I should probably posts some pictures of the LEDs I have installed so everyone can see. Yea, I think I will, gonna take some tonight. And anyone else out there that has pictures send me them to drajen@attbi.com tell me what you did with them in the picture.
Posted By: wickedfantasies Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/19/03 12:30 PM
sorry mispelled will SEND payment this weekend probally tomorrow when i am off work
Posted By: TGO Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/19/03 02:58 PM
You said yo uneed the money by the 30th?
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/19/03 04:50 PM
Damn paypal is slow or you'd have the money already
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/20/03 02:15 AM
yup the 30th is the last day, I have tons of orderers already, Ohh I can't wait, I guy outside of contour.org who has a company wants to buy them from me, so I jacked the price up, depending on how many people order versus how many he orders, I might be giving some money back to everyone who jumped in early.
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/21/03 08:52 PM
money sent via paypal today
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/22/03 04:27 AM
Got it. hey guys 9 more days till GB is closed. Can't wait to get more LEDs. If you guys need help I can help you!!!
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/23/03 09:10 PM
In the next few days you will get my payment for 300 blue.
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/24/03 02:55 PM
cool thank you. Make sure you include all your info everyone.
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/26/03 05:37 PM
I would like to get just a few more people to join in on this GB. Is there anyone who wants to join in that hasn't already. please post in the next 3 days or the GB is ending early to get the LEDs to those who have already got in on this great deal.
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/28/03 02:02 AM
I'll let you know by Monday night, if that is okay. This may have been asked but I'm gonna ask again! Can I get 25-3mm and 25-5mm instead of 50 of one size?
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/28/03 03:25 AM
Sent payment tonight.
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/28/03 04:10 AM
yes.
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/28/03 04:13 AM
Originally posted by BlackE1:
Sent payment tonight.

got your payment of 88.00. You actually needed to do it for 90.00. Since I accept CCs it takes a small percent and that extra few dollars added up. it took 3.00 off of the 88.00 you did pay. but Since you ordered so many don't worry about it. Thanks again.
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/28/03 01:18 PM
Sorry about shorting you the money. i am new to paypal. thanks you helping me out and setting us this g/b. can't wait to make my car blue.
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/28/03 03:04 PM
remember, once you guys get your LEDs that if you need help installing them to IM me if you need help.
Posted By: TGO Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/29/03 02:32 PM
paod

25 3mm blue
25 5mm blue
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/29/03 02:41 PM
got your payment thanks. I am ordering the LEDs thursday morning. So everyone who is still ordering please send payment now.
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/29/03 09:55 PM
Please let me know if you got my payment. Don't want to be left out!
Posted By: 97CS Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/29/03 10:00 PM
This still open at all? Those prices are great.
Posted By: TGO Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/29/03 10:28 PM
apr 30th is the deadline.
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 04/30/03 12:33 AM
what is your email. I will post everyone who has bought so far in a minute. Gonna take me a second or two. I haven't been on the macintosh for a hella long time. and we are in a different computer lab today. (all macs, ohh well i used to love the mac)

i am only posting the email address without the @dssdd.com part.

Chris9581
Cruises8
novaktr
wshatswell
russell_kovaci

if i missed anyone. Please tell me. those are as of now.
Posted By: auiotour Re: *****L.E.D Group Buy***** - 05/01/03 06:28 PM
Thank you for everyone who joined in on this GB. But it is now over and I wil be ordering all the LEDs today since there are still payments waiting to be cleared. They will be cleared by this afternoon around 3 or 4. Which then I will order the LEDs.
© CEG Archives